PDA

View Full Version : Venus should be left off the Olympic team give a young woman a chance!

Morrissey
May 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I doubt it will happen but I believe that a younger American woman deserves a shot to go the Olympics. Venus is thirty two years old and she's already won two Olympic gold medals. The USTA or who ever makes the decision need to consider this as a factor. A younger American woman such as Vania King or Sloane Stephens deserve a chance to the Olympics. Venus already got her shot at glory she just looks really greedy. Venus needs to step off and give a younger American woman a chance to have an Olympic experience.

killerqueen
May 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM
You should give Venus a chance. All you seem to do is post negative stuff about her. She's pretty cool. :) If her ranking is high enough to get in, then she should get in. If it isn't, she shouldn't.

disco_rage
May 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Please. Are you just trying to cause trouble? She has qualified, she deserves it. End of.

J4m3ka
May 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I doubt it will happen but I believe that a younger American woman deserves a shot to go the Olympics. Venus is thirty two years old and she's already won two Olympic gold medals. The USTA or who ever makes the decision need to consider this as a factor. A younger American woman such as Vania King or Sloane Stephens deserve a chance to the Olympics. Venus already got her shot at glory she just looks really greedy. Venus needs to step off and give a younger American woman a chance to have an Olympic experience.

Um, no.. If the American girls want Venus' place then they should work on their game, climb up the rankings and beat her to it. Simple as that.

sweetadri06
May 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
She qualified and she deserves it. I'm sure the young girls would want to get to Olympics on their own merit and not because someone already won gold before.

super_vee
May 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Lol.

Is that what you would do? Who in their right mind would?

As someone already said, if she's earned her spot, then she should go.

All you seem to do on here is dish out 'advice' to and highlight 'problems' with players.

nevetssllim
May 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM

Nope. You just look really stupid. :wavey:

Pump-it-UP
May 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, the USTA would be really smart to throw away one of their players who has a shot at medaling in 2 events. :weirdo:

danieln1
May 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM
You and some other poster also from england i dont remember the name are the worst Venus haters in this forum, it's just pretty ridiculous.

Venus has a greater chance of getting the medal than those young americans

Queenpova
May 28th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Venus is a legend. Why'd she have to give her position to some mediocre mugs?

VishaalMaria
May 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Try harder.

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I think if anything her past achievement at the OG is a REASON why she should definitely be included on the team. The fact that she was able to get her ranking up quickly enough just shows that she's earned her spot all the more.

I fully support the other American women, and it's a tough break. Venus Williams at AELTC has a shot to win a medal in all the events she'll compete in-- will it be 2 or 3?

Randy H
May 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Vania King or Varvara Lepchenko are likely going to qualify on their own merit as is, so that's already another younger/less experienced player who makes the team with Venus, Serena, and (young) Christina. Venus has qualified by her own merit, she fully deserves to be on the team :)

faboozadoo15
May 28th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Venus is a legend. Why'd she have to give her position to some mediocre mugs?

Venus has earned her spot, but Vania King (multiple major winner) and Lepchenko aren't mediocre mugs.

Jane Lane
May 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
You've made like 3094823842 threads on Venus and Azarenka this year. It's an issue.

Leo St
May 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
lmao at haters coming out with impressive new stuff

pedropt
May 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pressed

Trickle
May 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM
If anything Venus being able to qualify at her age is a testament to her determination and fighting spirit. If those young girls with their age advantage can't qualify, they have no right to be selected.

Libertango
May 28th, 2012, 05:36 PM
What on earth is actually wrong with you?! :tape: :hug:

Foot_Fault
May 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
The YOUNG OnES have more of a chance, The Olympics is every 4 years. Venus will be 36 at the next olympics...

Leo St
May 28th, 2012, 05:42 PM
venus should also stop competing in grand slams.. give a lower ranked player the chance!

Rocketta
May 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Why don't you give up your spot on this message board and give another younger poster a chance to troll too!

In other words I guess I'll speak for Venus and say, "YOU FIRST!" :wavey:

Mixal
May 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Shut up, idiot.

Tennisstar86
May 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Venus has 3 gold medals...

at least get your facts straight if you're gonna complain.

anyway, Christina Mchale wont end her career with any. The point is to put people in who can win medals, not just be in the tournament. Venus has earned her right.

Infiniti2001
May 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Aren't you tired of speaking from both sides of yours mouth? :rolleyes:

new-york
May 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
In before the lock!

... Oh. :oh:

Foxy
May 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
The fact that Venus has already won a gold and two golds in the doubles is NOT a qualification for the other young players to go to the Olympics.

Their AGE is NOT a qualification either. If they can't qualify on their own then too bad. The fact that they are young shows they still don't have what it takes because Venus is older and she's battling with a disease and they've been playing all year long, and if they haven't racked up enough points to make it to the Olympics then let them stay at home and watch Venus on TV. :lol:

Charlatan
May 28th, 2012, 06:29 PM
it's beyond me how the fuck u are not banned yet! go troll on MTF, you stupid annoying whining twat!

Queen_Vee_92
May 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Fool :o

she's all but qualified off 4 events, which speaks volumes about her ability to get good results. She's a much better player than the younger ones still, and has a shot (on grass) at winning 2 medals.

There's so much more to say, but you're just a pressed hater so thats all your getting !

The Witch-king
May 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
suck a hunnid dicks bitch

Sammo
May 28th, 2012, 06:45 PM
The young woman is a scrub, Venus has won 3 gold medals for her country, so... no.

Bayo
May 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM
If Venus wins a fourth gold medal, she'll best Reginald Doherty and set a tennis record. Of course she should play.

JN
May 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/TrollFaceDancing_normal.gif

Shivank17
May 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
:facepalm:

Foxy
May 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Fool :o

she's all but qualified off 4 events, which speaks volumes about her ability to get good results. She's a much better player than the younger ones still, and has a shot (on grass) at winning 2 medals.

There's so much more to say, but you're just a pressed hater so thats all your getting !

Hey QueenVee, that's what I'm sayin. They've been playing ALL year long, and Venus came back after a long break and just played 4 tournaments, and mind you she only played a couple of rounds in each tournaments and she managed to get enough points to go to the Olympics.

Now what does that say about them. They are only good enough to be Venus' cheerleaders. :cheer::cheer:

Macomere
May 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
you are an ASS..that is all..

it-girl
May 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Do you apply this same philosophy to your personal life? When is the last time you gave up a position or spot that you earned for someone who did not earn it just because they are younger than you? I am going to stop right here, because there is so much more that I want to say & it is not nice.

hotandspicey
May 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Morrisey, are you 11 or 12? You sound like a little dunce kid.:o
Venus has worked hard to earn her spot....those who wanted to qualify should have followed suit.

Meelis
May 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
This will not go anywhere.