PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2012

Mojobackhand
May 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
I thought it's time for the Wimbledon Thread, as it is already decided that the clay season is over and she will lose in R1 of Roland Garros....

Of course, after another R1 loss on clay she will prepare too hard for Birmingham and as the defending champion succumb to pressure and nerves. We will witness another early round loss.

But then she will win Wimbledon, and we will all die of sudden bliss. ;)

ARE YOU REEAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY?:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Jimmie48
May 21st, 2012, 05:52 PM
What's frustrating about all this is that this summer could be huge for her if she had proper form...Wimbledon followed by the Olympics at Wimbledon... it can't really get any better for her from a scheduling point of view.

Unfortunately, it looks like this one of a kind chance is happening in the midst of a very serious slump... cruel :sad:

Mojobackhand
May 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Ja, ich weiß. War nur son Anflug von Galgenhumor. Klar, hoffe ich auf das Beste.

:hug:

Ziva
May 21st, 2012, 06:32 PM
What's frustrating about all this is that this summer could be huge for her if she had proper form...Wimbledon followed by the Olympics at Wimbledon... it can't really get any better for her from a scheduling point of view.

Unfortunately, it looks like this one of a kind chance is happening in the midst of a very serious slump... cruel :sad:

Yeah if she had last years form this would be an awesome summer for her, but if she doesn't get her game back soon, it will become the worst summer of her carrer.

I don't think she would recover from that in the final months of the year. :sad:

I don't know what she should do now, i hope she knows something, but i have the feeling she needs someone to kick her ass now, not mom and dad hugging and telli9ng her everything will be fine.

Poor Bine

Ian Aberdon
May 21st, 2012, 06:53 PM
ARE YOU REEAAAAAADDDDDYYYYYY?:bounce::bounce::bounce:

No. :sad:

Ian Aberdon
May 21st, 2012, 06:56 PM
but i have the feeling she needs someone to kick her ass now, not mom and dad hugging and telling her everything will be fine.

^ this.

Jimmie48
May 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
I don't know, it doesn't look to me like she's lacking motivation..it's something else.

maturedgirl
May 21st, 2012, 07:15 PM
I don't know, it doesn't look to me like she's lacking motivation..it's something else.

agreeing!She's building up too much pressure by her own but otherhand I also think mum and dad now are not enough to drag her out of the slump but a new professional entourage. Easier said than done, I know but it's time for big change and if she starts now, it's nowhere near too late! This season seems beyond remedy but she can do better in 2013 if she is brave enough to try sth. new!

Amen!:tape:

And YES, I'm ready for Wimbledon2012 and just buried the Sabine-Lisicki-claycourt-season...http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Brutal/smilie_b_262.gif

Ziva
May 21st, 2012, 11:02 PM
Well it doesn't seem that she is ready for a change yet :[

i fear the Grass season, most definately nothing good will come out of it

maturedgirl
May 21st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Well it doesn't seem that she is ready for a change yet :[

i fear the Grass season, most definately nothing good will come out of it

Let's stay positive, It 's not possible to become worse than the clay court season and if she goes on working hard, with her new fitness coach;) ... I can't give it(her) up (chronical&cureless Lisicki infection:tape:)

TimeyWimey
May 25th, 2012, 02:47 AM
i would say i'm still optimistic about the grass season, maybe just because rarely a random player could go very far on grass (twice), there must be something special in Bine

Michael!
Jun 21st, 2012, 08:39 PM
Sabine will be 15h seed, let´s hope for an easy first round opponent!
She won´t be able to play great tennis in her first round obviously, but she can improve after some wins, so I hope that luck is with her this time and that she gets one or two wins here and the almost everythin is possible as grass really suits her game.
So I hope she avoids possible 1st round opponents like Kim or Venus and faces Cadantu or similar!

Ziva
Jun 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
She needs a single win to get some confidence back, after this, everything can happen, that's why we love her.

Lisickifan84
Jun 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Sabine will be 15h seed, let´s hope for an easy first round opponent!
She won´t be able to play great tennis in her first round obviously, but she can improve after some wins, so I hope that luck is with her this time and that she gets one or two wins here and the almost everythin is possible as grass really suits her game.
So I hope she avoids possible 1st round opponents like Kim or Venus and faces Cadantu or similar!

:yeah:

There is always a start for a new series. Why not in Wimbledon? It would fit in somehow with Sabines history in Wimbledon :)

Geekking
Jun 21st, 2012, 11:33 PM
I dream a miracle from her. If she wins the Wimbledon she can qualify for the WTA Championships...

Ian Aberdon
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:12 AM
If Sara Errani can reach a GS final then...(I hope)

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
Five to watch in the lady's singles (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-06-21/201206211340289632192.html)

some people still believe in her guns ;)

I only want her to survive her first grass court match and then everything might be possible. Key moment needed.

Lisickifan84
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
against Petra Martic, if I heard correctly :rolleyes:

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Yes unfortunately you heard right! :rolleyes:

I wished a first round for lisicki this morning on twitter and forgot to exclude the croatians :lol:

Geekking
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Martic first round

Ziva
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Martic, oh my, very bad luck for 1R.

Can't see her win this at the moment :sad:

CillyUltra
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sabine's quarter at The Championships:

(1) Maria Sharapova v Anastasia Rodionova
(Q) Vesna Dolonc v Tsvetana Pironkova
Hsieh Su-Wei v (WC) Virginie Razzano
Stephanie Foretz Gacon v (29) Monica Niculescu

(23) Petra Cetkovska v Vania King
Sloane Stephens v (Q) Karolina Pliskova
Bojana Jovanovski v Eleni Daniilidou
Petra Martic v (15) Sabine Lisicki

(12) Vera Zvonareva v Mona Barthel
Edina Gallovits-Hall v Silvia Soler-Espinosa
Chang Kai-Chen v Andrea Hlavackova
Kim Clijsters v (18) Jelena Jankovic

(28) Christina McHale v (WC) Johanna Konta
Lesia Tsurenko v Mathilde Johansson
Ekaterina Makarova v Alberta Brianti
Lucie Hradecka v (8) Angelique Kerber

Michael!
Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
I can´t see her winning this to be honest, but maybe she can surprise us!
She beat Martic before and the Croatian is not really consistent but as I said, it would be a surprising win after her latest defeats to worse players...2nd round opponent would be more than beatable if she can somehow beat Martic!

Jimmie48
Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
If she somehow wins this it could be a huge boost to her morale and the R2 opponents look beatable...

jetglo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
That draw just sucks! I'm a Martic fan too, so there's even more reason for me to be unhappy. I wouldn't like to pick a winner though, Sabines form isn't good, and although Petra can be inconsistent, she's fought hard in her matches lately.

An easy first round would have been too much to ask for of course, when things aren't going well, even luck seems to disappear. :(

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
If she somehow wins this it could be a huge boost to her morale and the R2 opponents look beatable...

Sure but if she looks to the draw and notices her likely third round opponent would be the big favourite Masha, it will not boost her confidence needed to survive a first round. I'm rather pessimistic atm!:(

"An easy first round would have been too much to ask for of course, when things aren't going well, even luck seems to disappear." http://www.mini2.info/forum/images/smilies/icon_depremiert.gif

Ziva
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Her third round opponent would not be Sharapova, she would be her 4th Round opponent !

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
Her third round opponent would not be Sharapova, she would be her 4th Round opponent !

This info really gives moral uplift to me , thanks alot :lol:

But wtf she's playing doubles with? Doesn't look like she plans for doubs at the Olympics, if sb doubted yet...:p

Mike81
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
I don't follow Martic's matches and don't know much about her, but I figure if Bine is losing to lower ranked players then this will be a tough match. Then again every match is tough for Bine of late. The old adage goes though 'the more you lose the closer you are to a win!' :cool:

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I don't follow Martic's matches and don't know much about her

I watched the first set of the Martic-Kerber match in Paris and hope she will show the same bad nerves as she did against Angie .... #onlyhope :devil:

but I like Petras game, it's rather variable and nice to watch ;)

Jimmie48
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
But wtf she's playing doubles with? Doesn't look like she plans for doubs at the Olympics, if sb doubted yet...:p

Probably with Kerber to prepare for their silver medal run at the Olympics as predicted by the Associated Press :lol:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=462168

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Probably with Kerber to prepare for their silver medal run at the Olympics as predicted by the Associated Press :lol:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=462168

No buddy, Angie plays with Mona and Sabine with a chinese :help:

Wow, AP clueless :P

CillyUltra
Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Sabine's doubles draw:

(8) Iveta Benesova/ Barbora Zahlavova Strycova v Vania King/ Yasmin Schnack
Janette Husarova/ Ksenia Pervak v Olga Govortsova/ Mandy Minella
Andreja Klepac/ Anastasia Rodionova v Jill Craybas/ Julia Goerges
Hao-Ching Chan/ Yung-Jan Chan v (9) Nuria Llagostera Vives/ Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez

(15) Irina-Camelia Begu/ Monica Niculescu ROU v Elena Baltacha/ Anne Keothavong
Su-Wei Hsieh/ Sabine Lisicki v Laura Robson/ Heather Watson
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova/ Lucie Safarova v Flavia Pennetta/ Francesca Schiavone
Naomi Broady/ Johanna Konta v (3) Kveta Peschke/ Katarina Srebotnik

I don't believe she will play doubles at the Olympics if Andrea is able to compete with Julia.

Ziva
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
This info really gives moral uplift to me , thanks alot :lol:

Sharapova in 3rd Round would have been to much bad luck for poor Bine :lol:

Who knows, maybe she plans for some Mixed with Petzschner at the olympics instead of playing doubles with Kerber.

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Who knows, maybe she plans for some Mixed with Petzschner at the olympics

No matter what result ...but that might be a very handsome pairing to watch :hearts:

...and both feeling well on grass - why not? Petzschner just reached the final in s'Hertogenbosch :cool:

everythingtaboo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Sabine's quarter at The Championships:

(1) Maria Sharapova v Anastasia Rodionova
(Q) Vesna Dolonc v Tsvetana Pironkova
Hsieh Su-Wei v (WC) Virginie Razzano
Stephanie Foretz Gacon v (29) Monica Niculescu

(23) Petra Cetkovska v Vania King
Sloane Stephens v (Q) Karolina Pliskova
Bojana Jovanovski v Eleni Daniilidou
Petra Martic v (15) Sabine Lisicki

(12) Vera Zvonareva v Mona Barthel
Edina Gallovits-Hall v Silvia Soler-Espinosa
Chang Kai-Chen v Andrea Hlavackova
Kim Clijsters v (18) Jelena Jankovic

(28) Christina McHale v (WC) Johanna Konta
Lesia Tsurenko v Mathilde Johansson
Ekaterina Makarova v Alberta Brianti
Lucie Hradecka v (8) Angelique Kerber

I wonder if a Sabine vs Kim QF is too much to ask for. Probably. :rolleyes:

maturedgirl
Jun 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
I wonder if a Sabine vs Kim QF is too much to ask for. Probably. :rolleyes:

One of them in the quarters would be delighting :angel:

Sabinator.
Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sabine has the advantage over Martic. Croatian don't like to play on grass, she has chosen Bad Gastein instead of some grass tournament.

Jimmie48
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Court 16 - 11:30 AM

Ladies' Singles - 1st Round
Petra Martic (CRO) v. Sabine Lisicki (GER)[15]

Does anybody know if that's a televised court? can we expect a stream?

mk27
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Does anybody know if that's a televised court? can we expect a stream?

Last year it was a televised court, Goerges played there against Johansson.

Lisickinator
Jun 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Broady plays later on this court and they always put their british players on tv courts.

Lisickifan84
Jun 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM
First match on tomorrow. Excited to start Wimbledon...

Sounds not very optimistic but let's hope for the best ;)

Jimmie48
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Her match isn't listed on any of the streaming sites, not looking good :sad:

Mike81
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'll be very :sad: if she loses and I don't get to see her at all...

moviemac
Jun 25th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Her match isn't listed on any of the streaming sites, not looking good :sad:

It is on LSH, even with actual streaming links already. The match will only be broadcast on the BBC Red Button channels, so the stream won't start very long before play begins.

You also might want to take a look at (and bookmark) filmon.com, to have a reliable source for the main BBC(2) programming. It's a streaming service similar to Zattoo, where all the British FTA channels are always available.

30 minutes till Wimby! :cheer::cheer: :bounce:

Jimmie48
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Sabine's match will be on SKY Sport HD1! Didn't expect that, I thought they would show some mens match...awesome :)

moviemac
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Sabine on court NOW: http://lsh.lshunter.tv/static/popups/99666513295200.html

Jimmie48
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Bine in white :hearts:

moviemac
Jun 25th, 2012, 11:47 AM
It will be a roller coaster! :drool: First game of serve: 2 aces, 1DF – 1-0. :bounce:

Ziva
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
R1 Bine d. Martic

stats
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/cd032b-1340625431.jpg

misty1
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
6-4, 6-2 over martic:)

she played great today

CillyUltra
Jun 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Well, everybody knows what she is capable of, except her awkward fans on TF.

crazillo
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Good performance by Lisicki.

jetglo
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Well, everybody knows what she is capable of, except her awkward fans on TF.

So true. Not much faith shown in her here lately.

Mike81
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The Real Bine is back! Actually good serving stats and high winner v U/E ratio. Bine just clicks at Wimbledon, shouldn't doubt her!

Ziva
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Lets hope she can improve fuurther and win another match

Sabinator.
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm soo happy, that's unbelievable :tears: This match is a huuuge step forward. Again - serving and booming from both sides, retuning and moving (:eek:) like a boss. Good luck in next rounds! :cheer:

Ian Aberdon
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM
NID :cool:

(That's for Cilly!) :devil:

Geekking
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Happy to hear "GSM Sabine" again. After bad results in a row not only Sabine and also her fans needed this victory. Winning the first set from 1 game down boost her tennis in 2nd set. This victory will be a big motivation for her and will help her to find her real game. Smiling Sabine after a match is priceless ;)

everythingtaboo
Jun 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Such a relief. Keep it up, Bine! :worship:

Qalahari
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Congrats Bine :eek: :)
Focus on doubles now Petra :hearts:

maturedgirl
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Watching the score sitting in the cinema (had to change sth. after watching scores and streams of her last 4 defeats :p )

Wooohooo! So happy! Great scoreline and ready to watch second round match now! Looks like she felt well. Go on Sabine :woohoo:

Now watching Aniston vs. Rudd :lol:

jasonwright25
Jun 25th, 2012, 02:18 PM
She serves that well and she's hard to beat.

lovethetennis
Jun 25th, 2012, 03:35 PM
So happy for Sabine! :bounce: :bounce: Just found out she's playing B. Jovanovski in Rd2. Good Luck Bine! :)

Michael!
Jun 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Finally :D
Good match from Sabine, was 2-4 down but never played bad ( from what I heard, couldn´t watch it :lol:), easy games then from 2-4 to 6-4 and never in danger in 2nd set as well!
Important that she was able to turn it around this time, that it made "click" in her game for a change!
I hope that she can take that chance now and reach 4th round here, another match against Sharapova on a big court would be ideal for her, she just has to take as much confidence as possible out of Wimbledon and then stay healthy after for a change!

Next up is Jovanovski, won over Daniilidou 57 63 20 ret., more than beatable she is, but it´s tough to predict, I just hope that Sabine is able to play as good as she did today, keep improving!!

maturedgirl
Jun 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
First match of her since april, I didn't follow on stream or scoreboard and the first she won since then....hmm...should probably spend the day during her next match far from the net egain :lol:

So happy about her statistics, especially rate of first service winners and Unf. errors. Might have been some nervous in the beginning but fought it, well done, babe! :worship:

Jovanovski should be only a step to the third round. Hope she keeps on being focused :)

maturedgirl
Jun 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Sabine is playing tomorrow again first match at 11:30am(12:30) at court12
(streamed, of course) ;)

Lisickifan84
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Sabine is playing tomorrow again first match at 11:30am(12:30) at court12
(streamed, of course) ;)

I can't see it :sad:
But Bine wins without me :D

Please Sabine go for round 3!

TheShowMustGoOn
Jun 26th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Enjoyed watching 1st round so looking forward to 2nd, hope she makes a good run.

maturedgirl
Jun 27th, 2012, 07:53 AM
hmm...if I weren't superstitious :help:

I want to watch it, but there's the streak of bad luck (she lost when I watched her this season since quarters AO) ... what should I do? :help:

fhcpig
Jun 27th, 2012, 08:11 AM

I want to watch it, but there's the streak of bad luck (she lost when I watched her this season since quarters AO) ... what should I do? :help:

So please don't watch her match on live again,I'll be really to make the match highlights for you :bounce:

Sabinator.
Jun 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
So please don't watch her match on live again,I'll be really to make the match highlights for you :bounce:

Thank you so much, I won't be able to watch it live, too :sad:

jetglo
Jun 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM

So when will you ever be able to watch her again? You know you want to, and if she wins, the curse is broken. :)

But if she loses, it WILL be all your fault!!! :mad: :D

maturedgirl
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
But if she loses, it WILL be all your fault!!! :mad: :D

I know :lol:

That's why I decided to start on court 14 and have an eye on twitter & TF ;)

maturedgirl
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:52 AM

I think about if you promise to upload the whole match this time (given that she wins it...) ;)

Jimmie48
Jun 27th, 2012, 11:08 AM
How about a compromise, you start watching once the score shows she's playing a good match? ;)

Match will be on Sky Sport HD2 by the way..

Mike81
Jun 27th, 2012, 11:25 AM
It's funny that I did not watch Sabine's recent losses live, because they were either not streamed or they were on at an awkward time. I think she wins most of the time when I watch her ;)

雨傘
Jun 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
cautiously optimistic here :) mmmm, I think Sabine should play with the head band instead, she seemed to play better, but I prefer her with bandana anyway :)

misty1
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:09 PM
just awful in the first set today but played much better in sets 2 and 3

3-6, 6-2, 8-6 over jovanovski

Qalahari
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Congrats Bine :)

mk27
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
At least she won, but she will have a very tough time with Stephens (H2H 0-1) in the next round.

Ziva
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
A Win is a Win and we already got two wins, more than we asked for, so we will see what she can do in Round 3.

maturedgirl
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Great! While I spend some time outside, she won the second set :facepalm:
Proved now I'm her bringer of bad luck :help:

Wanted her to play another petra in third round, but however...it's time to fight these days for her and looks like she's ready to do so...1 day to relax (doubs tomorrow) and improve serve, self confidence and patience ;)

Anyway: Great fight! And great look! :lol:

btw: followed the third set from 2 all by watching the betting quotes ;)
(you must be flexible to change something st. )

Mike81
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Great! While I spend some time outside, she won the second set :facepalm:
Proved now I'm her bringer of bad luck :help:

Wanted her to play another petra in third round, but however...it's time to fight these days for her and looks like she's ready to do so...1 day to relax (doubs tomorrow) and improve serve, self confidence and patience ;)

Anyway: Great fight! And great look! :lol:

btw: followed the third set from 2 all by watching the betting quotes ;)
(you must be flexible to change something st. )

So, you planning to watch her match against Sloane? ;)

Ziva
Jun 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
she better shouldn't :lol:

Tennis Fool
Jun 27th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Score :eek: At least it was in her favor. :)

Michael!
Jun 27th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Good fight from Sabine!
So important that she was able to win this match, said that before, she just needs such matches as well to get some confidence back!
Many up´s and down´s today, way too many DFs, low 1st serve %, usual problems but also some great winners, aces and nice 1st serves.
But Sabine can fight through such matches, she has to realize that again, she just has to keep fighting and learn to play the rights shots again. I hope that she will improve her serve further, much is about confidence when it comes to her serve anyway.
Good fight in 3rd set where she saved many BPs it seems, recovered from early break down and 3 wasted Mps in a row at 65* to come back at 76* 0-40 to win it :lol:
This match really had everything, also a bit lucky that she played Jovanovski, a player who is metally :cuckoo: as well here and there.
Has to improve against Stephens, who is really dangerous but on grass Sabine is the better player when she is on.
Most important is that her serve has to work, she just needs it for her game and it would be so important for her to reach 4th round here, I hope she can do it!!

maturedgirl
Jun 27th, 2012, 05:32 PM
So, you planning to watch her match against Sloane? ;)

I'm not sure...we'll watch how superstitious I will be on friday ;)

Lisicki prevails despite the grunting (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/articles/2012-06-27/201206271340812548121.html)

lovethetennis
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sabine into the 3rd Rd! :yeah:

Geekking
Jun 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/178069_314559421970791_1818884657_o.jpg

CillyUltra
Jun 28th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Decent fight from Sabine. Proves how wrong it is to question her dedication and her mental strength.

Ziva
Jun 28th, 2012, 05:40 AM
To be honest, we shouldnt overrate those two wins now.

If Sabine plays normal, they shouldn't be a challenge, but since she isn't at 100% those wins are very good for her confidence, even if they end like the last match, which could have ended the other way around easily.

Her mental strength was never in doubt, it's just not there all the time in her game, like her serve, one day it's a weapon, the other day her biggest weakness.

First opponent which would really show us what she is capable of would be sharapova in 4th round, but let's see if she can get there.
BTW. Her last top 10 win lies nearly one year in the past, that's quite long, it's time for another one.

Next up Stephens, first real challenge.

maturedgirl
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I doubt her mental strength atm, not her mental strength in general. It's all about self confidence and confidence rises with won matches. She said after her BJ match yesterday that she was very nervous at the beginning and didn't know why!
She only needs to win 3,4, matches in a row and I think she'd lost the match yesterday if it weren't in Wimbledon, where she had this marvellous last year with a semi and a final!
The best example is Kerber who made this experiencs with her run at the USO.

Btw:her statistics of the second set (after poorly losing the first) were astonishing well! It's not the racket :p but mental balance.

I have a good feeling for wimbledon and the tournaments overseas :)
Looking forward to her double performance today with Hsieh who seems to feel good on grass as well against the british darlings Watson/Robson

Ian Aberdon
Jun 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I don't question for a minute her dedication, & never have. I DO question her mental strength, I make no bones about it. Maria Sharapova has it in spades. Sabine does not. It's there sometimes, then next match - gone.

Anyway - this time - a great fightback from Sabs. I would love her to ram words back down my throat & make it deep again, & I hope she does.

By the way, a great match by her BFF Tamira Paszek yesterday evening. Maybe they will spur each other on! ;)

maturedgirl
Jun 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
By the way, a great match by her BFF Tamira Paszek yesterday evening. Maybe they will spur each other on! ;)

Yes! I thought about it, too! Probably they celebrated it yesterday together;) Tamira's draw and her grass performances look great to reach the second week.

Ziva
Jun 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Tamira Paszek was awesome, two weeks in a row, she did beat the right ones:devil:;)

Jimmie48
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Tamira Paszek was awesome, two weeks in a row, she did beat the right ones:devil:;)

Bleh..

Ziva
Jun 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Caro was good and improved her game, just not good enough, she needs time.

rucolo
Jun 28th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Sabine won 2 matches at Wimbledon! :bounce:

But footwork/movement still a big problem. And serve: Only 49% 1st serves in. 10 Aces, 12 DFs

The draw looks good. Please Sabine, don`t lose to Stephens :o

maturedgirl
Jun 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Sabine won 2 matches at Wimbledon! :bounce:

But footwork/movement still a big problem. And serve: Only 49% 1st serves in. 10 Aces, 12 DFs

The draw looks good. Please Sabine, don`t lose to Stephens :o

lol you're always a moment behind reality guy :lol:
She won three in a row and the fourth will come tomorrow...

rucolo
Jun 28th, 2012, 06:20 PM
She won three in a row and the fourth will come tomorrow...

:cuckoo: I am only talking about singles - obviously. Who gives a fuck about doubles?

Jimmie48
Jun 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Who gives a fuck about doubles?

Sabine would be my guess.. :)

maturedgirl
Jun 28th, 2012, 06:47 PM
:cuckoo: I am only talking about singles - obviously. Who gives a fuck about doubles?

some people do and a win is a win :wavey:

maturedgirl
Jun 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Double fault leaders after 2 Matches

1. K.Bondarenko UKR 2 15

2. S.Lisicki GER 2 14
2. M.Sharapova RUS 2 14
2. V.Azarenka BLR 2 14

she's in good company :lol:

maturedgirl
Jun 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Apropos the Stephens match:

A german athlet just said something true in tv about the yesterdays foot match and it matches to Sabine's sloane match as well:

Kein Wunder dass man verliert, wenn man den Gegner vorher so stark redet!

Epic!

(don't feel like translate it ;))

maturedgirl
Jun 29th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Sabine still working hard to stay in the competition for the doublefault title of wimbledon 2012 :worship:

misty1
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:10 PM
sabine:)

she didnt play well but she fought so hard and im so happy for her. I dont expect much against sharapova but she won 3 matches and made the 2nd week here and i dont think any of us expected that coming in

Jimmie48
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Indeed, from now on everything has to be considered as bonus... she won the matches she had to win.

Qalahari
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Congrats Sabine :)

jetglo
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Good win, she didn't play at her best, but did enough at the right times to win. :)

Michael!
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Good fight from Sabine! :)
Important for her that she won it here, can play without pressure now against Sharapova.
I couldn´t watch match yet but seems like Sabine wasn´t great in first two sets but it was clear before that Sabine won´t be able to play her best tenns here.
Just importat that she fights throuh still, that she gets confidence back and that she plays as many matches as possible!
Many UEs from Sabine but in 3rd set she played really well it seems, nice to see that she is able to win such matches again.
1st serve is quite strong again, grass suits here anyway, just has to work on 2nd serve but that was known before.

She won´t beat Sharapova now but I still think that she can take advantage of that match! A match on a big court against a big name and after that it is just important that she stays healthy and then she will have better results again anyway. I mean, sure, she has many up´s and down´s in her game but she still can beat many players as long as she stays confident and shows mental strength, like she did today in 3rd set.
And I know that ranking is not that important right now but I think that it also isn´t that bad that she didn´t lose all 900pts from last year here and 3 wins in a row are really nice anyway, last time she achieved that was in Melbourne anyway :)

I still wish her good luck against Sharapova, maybe a miracle happens and the good will beat the evil for the first time :angel:

Ian Aberdon
Jun 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Well played Sabs! :bounce:

maturedgirl
Jun 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM
However it ends, the match with Sharapova will be all I expected when I noticed her draw one week ago! Well done Sabine, some good moments but just watched the stats, the UE explosion! (due to the second set, I suppose!?)

The Maria clash will decide the df-queen (sabine's leading with one to Maria so far!) competition, cause one will leave it!:tape:

I'm not really convinced to watch her playing some to careful & defensive esp. when she was leading but her fighting spirit to manage difficult situations with strong first serves was awesome to watch! Some way to go to get back to last years confidence and strength, but a win is a win and a step forward ;)

And thanks for the ONE who intered her first set before it was done. :facepalm:
For that reason I missed the end of 1st set! Will never again read in here during a Lisicki match :lol:

Ziva
Jun 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
It's called pessimism or in this case realism and you could say it helped as much as your little Swimming trip at the end of the set ;)

Bine normally needs to break before 4-4 when she serves first, or she get's broken herself, we know that for years ;)

Good that she could get to the TB and win it in the end.

Now it's bonus Time.

Lisickifan84
Jun 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM
It's called pessimism or in this case realism and you could say it helped as much as your little Swimming trip at the end of the set ;)

Bine normally needs to break before 4-4 when she serves first, or she get's broken herself, we know that for years ;)

Good that she could get to the TB and win it in the end.

Now it's bonus Time.

Yes that is true :lol:
That and always in her first service game a df + ace + bp :lol: :lol:
If I could bet on that, I would try :D

lovethetennis
Jun 30th, 2012, 01:16 AM
:bounce::bounce: :banana::banana::banana:

雨傘
Jun 30th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Good fight from Sabine! :)
Important for her that she won it here, can play without pressure now against Sharapova.
I couldn´t watch match yet but seems like Sabine wasn´t great in first two sets but it was clear before that Sabine won´t be able to play her best tenns here.
Just importat that she fights throuh still, that she gets confidence back and that she plays as many matches as possible!
Many UEs from Sabine but in 3rd set she played really well it seems, nice to see that she is able to win such matches again.
1st serve is quite strong again, grass suits here anyway, just has to work on 2nd serve but that was known before.

She won´t beat Sharapova now but I still think that she can take advantage of that match! A match on a big court against a big name and after that it is just important that she stays healthy and then she will have better results again anyway. I mean, sure, she has many up´s and down´s in her game but she still can beat many players as long as she stays confident and shows mental strength, like she did today in 3rd set.
And I know that ranking is not that important right now but I think that it also isn´t that bad that she didn´t lose all 900pts from last year here and 3 wins in a row are really nice anyway, last time she achieved that was in Melbourne anyway :)

I still wish her good luck against Sharapova, maybe a miracle happens and the good will beat the evil for the first time :angel:

Rosol already beat the evil, so no reason why it can't happen again. :devil:

everythingtaboo
Jun 30th, 2012, 08:48 AM
People don't think she stand a chance against Sharapova? Hmm. I'm not so sure about that.

1) Sabine could've beaten her at AO but didn't take her chances.
2) Their SF last year was a mess because of Sabine's nerves.

If she shows up inspired, I'd give her an even shot at it. Auf geht's!

jetglo
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:12 AM
People don't think she stand a chance against Sharapova? Hmm. I'm not so sure about that.

I agree, too many using form from months ago as a guide maybe. If she wins, it wouldn't be the biggest upset of the tournament.
Nadal's gone, Federer fighting for five sets to survive proves nothing is impossible or predictable.

Sabine and Maria are a lot closer as a match up than either of the mens matches, so I'm keeping the faith. Let's go, indeed! :)

maturedgirl
Jun 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM

She had chances for an early break in the second and she was tired (she said so)after playing singles and doubles until the end!

Unfortunately Sabine haven't shown great consistant form in wimby 12, and masha is on a FOSlam high...but in tennis everything's possible and sure Sabine will give all she got :)

C'mon Sabine!

rucolo
Jun 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Head To Head now 1-1. Sweet revenge on Stephens, Sabine ! :drool: :cheer:

Another important win. Sabine loves grass. Again into Wimbledon R4 - wunderbar :yeah:

Ziva
Jun 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
They've won their second doubles match 6-3 2-0 Ret.

jetglo
Jun 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM
The third round is against Pennetta/Schiavone for those that give a fuck about doubles.

maturedgirl
Jun 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
The third round is against Pennetta/Schiavone for those that give a fuck about doubles.

http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Froehlich/smilie_happy_309.gif

Wow in singles and doubles in the second week, as usual :)

maturedgirl
Jul 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM

Will be a tough one (they are in the doubs race on 19 just behind ALG/Martic) :cool:

rucolo
Jul 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM

:yawn: Very funny. To explain the "Who gives a fuck about doubles?" further: This was a comment about a not important R1 doubles win over some scrubs. Not a great win over an excellent doubles team like Kirilenko/Petrova or Serena/Venus. And Sabine is not a doubles specialist like Grönefeld. If you compare the importance of her 2 Wimbledon singles wins to this, then this R1 doubles win means NOTHING. A Grand Slam final/Premier final/MM title in doubles is something to remember when your career is over, but the rest will be forgotten. But if you want keep orgasming over these R1/R2 doubles wins ...

Geekking
Jul 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Tomorrow first match on court #1. Why not on center court :@

maturedgirl
Jul 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Tomorrow first match on court #1. Why not on center court :@

No surprise. Vika is the only Top4 player without CC schedule so far, and she 's playing a former GS winner tomorrow and people justifyable expect a more thrilling match between Vika and Ivanovic(1:3) than masha-sabine (quote: 1:6) ;)

BTW: Better to play a first match on court than waiting until the men are ready (especially when you look the weather forecast for todmorrow *rainy*;)) and remember last year (Masha-Lisicki on CC -> bad karma!) :devil:

A quarter of masha-clijsters would be on CC ;)

Geekking
Jul 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
No surprise. Vika is the only Top4 player without CC schedule so far, and she 's playing a former GS winner tomorrow and people justifyable expect a more thrilling match between Vika and Ivanovic(1:3) than masha-sabine (quote: 1:6) ;)

BTW: Better to play a first match on court than waiting until the men are ready (especially when you look the weather forecast for todmorrow *rainy*;)) and remember last year (Masha-Lisicki on CC -> bad karma!) :devil:

A quarter of masha-clijsters would be on CC ;)

Sabine will win tomorrow:dance:

Ziva
Jul 1st, 2012, 11:32 PM

Haha, your Time mashine again ;)

So be it, go for the win girl !
sadly i will watch on Livescore this time, makes it even more thrilling :lol:

jetglo
Jul 2nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
:yawn: Very funny. To explain the "Who gives a fuck about doubles?" further: This was a comment about a not important R1 doubles win over some scrubs. Not a great win over an excellent doubles team like Kirilenko/Petrova or Serena/Venus. And Sabine is not a doubles specialist like Grönefeld. If you compare the importance of her 2 Wimbledon singles wins to this, then this R1 doubles win means NOTHING. A Grand Slam final/Premier final/MM title in doubles is something to remember when your career is over, but the rest will be forgotten. But if you want keep orgasming over these R1/R2 doubles wins ...

For someone who doesn't give a fuck, you just don't shut the fuck up, do you? ;)

A R 1 win never means "NOTHING", no matter what you compare it to, it's obviously essential to playing round 2 etc. :facepalm:

She played the finals last year, and I'm sure her fans would like to see that happen again, if that's okay? :rolleyes:

As far as "orgasming" about her early wins, that certainly wasn't me. You on the other hand, seem to be getting a bit worked up! :lol:

mk27
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sabine Lisicki d. Maria Sharapova 6-4 6-3 :eek:

Best match from her since many months :worship:

jetglo
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Such a powerful performance. Super Bine! :worship:

CillyUltra
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Sabine defeats Maria Sharapova

:clap2:

Mike81
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
BINEEEEEEEE!! I can't believe it, I predicted her to win more out of loyalty and certainly it turned out better than I could have dreamed. It was beautiful to watch her destroy Sharapova, the World No 1!! and find her GOAT serving again and some blinding winners. Great mental strength and then that Ace on match point!! :inlove: So happy for her, I'm still in a bit of shock :worship:

Once again she is through to a Wimbledon Quarter Final! So proud of her!!!

Geekking
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:47 PM

Haha, your Time mashine again ;)

So be it, go for the win girl !
sadly i will watch on Livescore this time, makes it even more thrilling :lol:

Zivaaaaaaa Time Machine Baby :)

Kon.
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:49 PM
Congrats to Sabine!
The best I've seen her in such a long time.
Very impressive win. :yeah:

maturedgirl
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Unbelievable cool and smiling, feeling so well on court and "listen" she made it with a second serve ace :woohoo:

She had no fear, not a moment of doubts. Nobody should ever say she's mentally weak.

How the BBC commentator said: "She is a delight to watch and thats why people in england fell in love with her last year..."

:worship::hearts:

Now GO for the Final ;)

Lisickifan84
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM
Sabine http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/bravo.gif

There is always a start for a new series. Why not in Wimbledon? It would fit in somehow with Sabines history in Wimbledon :)

http://s8.postimage.org/qn70hlhap/big_grin_smiley_face_sticker_p217746367994550126qj cl_400.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:

I'm sooooooo happy now :bounce::bounce::bounce:

mk27
Jul 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
QF against Angie Kerber (H2H: 0-4)

Ziva
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Zivaaaaaaa Time Machine Baby :)

Let's hope the mashine tells you the right result vs. Kerber

we are hungry for some revenge against the Carebear:devil:

lovethetennis
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Here's my in-depth analysis of Sabine's match today: :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :D

So proud of her!! I knew she could do it!!!! :hearts:

Dave86
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
How about Angie and Sabine in Doubles for olymia? That would be awesome!!! :eek:

everythingtaboo
Still not over it. I can't believe that happened. :bounce:

Ziva
How about Angie and Sabine in Doubles for olymia? That would be awesome!!! :eek:

they will play together, we know that already ;)

Dave86
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
they will play together, we know that already ;)

even better :)

misty1
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
AWSOME WIN SABINE!

I am so happy for her. Best match she's played in such a long time

misty1
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
AWSOME WIN SABINE!

I am so happy for her. Best match she's played in such a long time

misty1
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
QF against Angie Kerber (H2H: 0-4)

yeah but she was 0-3 against maria too so while that isnt great im not writing that match off

wimbledon just seems to bring something out in her, look at her performaces:

2009 - QF

2010 -absent

2011- SF

2012 - QF (so far, hopefully she goes further)

jetglo
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I really didn't think her form in the first 3 rounds was that bad, although I didn't have much company.

I had a feeling she'd do better against Sharapova than most predicted, but the manner of the win was way above expectations. :worship:

Even my fingernails are mostly intact, what was left of them after the Jovanovski game anyway! :)

everythingtaboo
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Sharapova: "She played extremely well today and did many things better than I did on this given day. You just have to hand it to her."

Well said. Gracious in defeat too.

CillyUltra
Jul 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/p8mhjbtvn/image.jpg

CillyUltra
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Nobody should ever say she's mentally weak.
That's a word... :devil:

Michael!
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Great win for Sabine!
Those 3 wins before were really important before, she is totally different player once her confidence is back!
She had chances against Maria before and this time she finally was able to convert those.

A bit lucky that she was able to win first set 64 after she got broken before at *53 but 2nd set without any break for Sharapova, just awesome, well done, reach SF now!!! :)

Tennis Fool
Jul 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM

Geekking
Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Sabine Lisicki is now ranked #18 on tour and #19 on WTA Champ Race!

maturedgirl
Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Michael!;21762291
just awesome, well done, reach SF now!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Sharapova: "She played extremely well today and did many things better than I did on this given day. You just have to hand it to her."

:worship:

rucolo
Jul 2nd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Congrats, Sabine! :yeah: Always plays her best at Wimbledon against the stars -> no pressure :angel:

Tja, da hast dich ganz schön geirrt, boomerangkid. War doch klar, dass gegen Maria plötzlich auf einmal alles klappt :p

maturedgirl
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:06 PM
Tja, da hast dich ganz schön geirrt, boomerangkid. War doch klar, dass gegen Maria plötzlich auf einmal alles klappt :p

Wenn dir das klar war!?:worship:
Ich habe mit solch einer Leistungsexplosion nicht gerechnet, aber hab mich selten so gern geirrt! :devil:

Ziva
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
damit konnte auch keiner rechnen, hab mir die highlights reingezogen, verdammt war das geiles Tennis was sie da gezeigt hat.:eek:

mal sehen was morgen geht, aber ist nicht so wichtig QF und #1 besiegt ist schon der wahnsinn. :)

maturedgirl
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
damit konnte auch keiner rechnen, hab mir die highlights reingezogen, verdammt war das geiles Tennis was sie da gezeigt hat.:eek:

mal sehen was morgen geht, aber ist nicht so wichtig QF und #1 besiegt ist schon der wahnsinn. :)

Scheinbar haben doch einige damit gerechnet, aber gut, Lisicki hats in Wimbledon einfach drauf und Sharapova war schwächer als erwartet und zum morgigen Match:

Klar, kann sie verlieren, aber sollte auf jeden Fall ein knappes Match werden (da is ja auch noch eine Revange offen aus diesem Jahr ) und wenn man die 1 besiegt hat, dann will man doch nun auch ins Finale :devil:

Sie wird alles geben und ich freu mich schon wie verrückt darauf :lol:

Ziva
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
mir wärs lieber sie hätte einen Tag pause, kerber hat sicher mehr Reserven von der Kondition her, war ja ein schnelles match gegen kim.

wer weiß ob das morgen zu Stande kommt, ist ja viel regen angesagt.

das match von heute brauch ich in jedem fall in hd zum immer wieder anschauen, das ist mal klar :hearts::worship:

maturedgirl
Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
das match von heute brauch ich in jedem fall in hd zum immer wieder anschauen, das ist mal klar :hearts::worship:

:devil:

Bisher habe ich mir immer mal wieder den ersten Satz+ Beginn des zweiten von AO2012 angesehen, aber ab heute hab ich ein anderes Lieblingsmatch :lol:

...aber hab da eben was gelesen, was mir nicht so gefällt:

"Kerber has beaten Lisicki in all four of their previous meetings."

mir wärs lieber sie hätte einen Tag pause -> And I wish I had one more day rest/ I'm still logy and not ready for another thrill :)

Looks like she has to fight another bad series tomorrow! Let it be another "first time" :lol:

Mojo Nowitzki badly needed...:rolleyes:

Ziva
Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:05 PM
sie ist ja auf CC angesetzt, da wird der Regen dann ja kein Problem sein fällt mir ein:lol:

H2H is 0-4 thats right, but H2H today was 0-3 aswell.

plus, she was close to win against kerber before and this tinme its Wimbledon :cool:

nothing to lose, so i hope kerber will feel lots of pressure :devil:

joy division
Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:05 PM
wer weiß ob das morgen zu Stande kommt, ist ja viel regen angesagt.

Sie sind als drittes Spiel auf CC angesetzt.
Also werden sie morgen auf jeden Fall spielen - es sei denn das Schiebedach geht kaputt.;)

Ziva
Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
jo is mir dann auch gekommen hehe

Andy_Murray_88
Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
My favourite performance of Sabine's career so far against Sharapova today, and arguably a defining one in term's of conquering a player who'd she'd never previously beaten.

That is the type of consistant play that has been missing in her for a long time, obviously I know she's had a bad run with injuries which hasn't helped.

This performance proves that when she cuts down the unforced errors, she is arguably one of the top players in the women's game and I'm certain she'll be at least top 10 by the end of the year.

It would be amazing if she won Wimbledon, not just for the fact that I've put a bet on her :).

maturedgirl
Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:18 AM
It would be amazing if she won Wimbledon, not just for the fact that I've put a bet on her :).

Good idea :yeah:

Read an interview with Kerber some days ago, where she was asked what she thinks about her possible next opponent, but she refused to answer and unswervingly claimed she wouldn't even know who it could be and even barred the interviewer to tell her :lol:

I hope Sabine knows, that her next match will be today, not on july the 4th (as declared on her hp) :cool:

Tennis Fool
Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Sabine's been trending on Twitter all day. About to replace Pova as the blonde tennis icon?

Sabinator.
Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
I love you Sabine :inlove:

Mike81
Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
I just realised that if Sabine makes the final and it's on Saturday, I won't be able to watch her because I will have a work commitment (starting a new job). Life is unfair this way. Anyway she still has to win two matches to get there.

Tennis Fool
Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
I just realised that if Sabine makes the final and it's on Saturday, I won't be able to watch her because I will have a work commitment (starting a new job). Life is unfair this way. Anyway she still has to win two matches to get there.
Life is unfair? Employed people's problems :silly:

Mike81
Jul 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Life is unfair? Employed people's problems :silly:

Oh I have certainly had my struggles trying to get employment.

Anyway, I'm just saying it would be unfortunate if I miss out on my fave player in a final. If she gets that far.

Ziva
Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Psycho war has startet between Bine ans Angie.

Angie said: We are no enemys it will be hard for both of us, but i will be friendly with her afterwards.

I would say we got that right, they aren't happy friends like some said ;)

maturedgirl
Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM

Angie said: We are no friends it will be hard for both of us, but i will be friendly with her afterwards.

Where did she say that? :eek:

Eill be funny to watch them playing doubles together though ...:lol:

If anybody got I high quality good working english commented stream for the CC, please tell me....:help:

My streams are :tape:

Ziva
Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM

Angie said: We are no enemys it will be hard for both of us, we get along, i will be friendly with her afterwards.

sorry that tweet's got changed a bit, don't know where it's from, i guess they misunderstood the german word Feinde with friends or something

but the call stands, they not seem to go shopping together :lol:

maturedgirl
Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
sorry that tweet's got changed a bit, don't know where it's from, i guess they misunderstood the german word Feinde with friends or something

but the call stands, they not seem to go shopping together :lol:

wrong translation is the way some headlines were made ;)
Sabine some times said, she anyhow doesn't like shopping...so what :D

But Sabine didn't either find a lot to say addressed to the match with Kerber...than " I love this tournament and wanna stay much longer" :lol:

Normally the girls would say something nice about their teammate (I suppose) :oh:

Geekking
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
The turning point was the challenge of Kerber. After that she tired get some audience support..
Angie you f.cked all my dreams... I was dreaming Sabine to reach Wimby final and then qualify for the YEC. I think Sabine won't qualify for the YEC this year again. :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: Don't want to wait for next year:mad: :sad::sad: Angelique I'll definitly kill you when you come to Istanbul :devil:

Anyway, still great tournament for Sabine. She played amazing. She defeated #1 Maria Sharapova..
She still have some mental problems but don't want to discuss that. Sabine thank you for everything you showed us :worship:

Mike81
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
It was all too much for Sabine to be out of the match, then be back in it, then on her way to winning it. Sadly it was a choke. Sadly I'm not surprised because we know she has mental demons v Kerber and still not exorcised :fiery: But I'm still super proud of her. Remember she was expected to lose in Round 1 by alot of people? still hurts like hell though that she gave it away.

She was so close to defending her points from 2011 too. Oh well :sad:

Michael!
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:37 PM
well, could have lost 36 26 as well after 36 03 down, would have prefered that tbh :spit:
Kerber gave her the chance to get back, had horrible atttude today but Sabine just couldn´t take advantage of it!
Many UEs in 3rd set, 1st serve was not as strong as it should be and said enough already about the fact that she couldn´t serve it out at *53...she was done as soon as it was 5-5 after, gave it away then.

well, great tournament with a bad end...good thing is that she got some wins and matches here + win over no1 player!
still has to improve her serve and has to get more consistent!
And about her head, sometimes she is mentally really strong and then again she can´t handle the pressure at all, really a shame, hard to predict sth for the upcoming weeks...

Ziva
Jul 3rd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Well, this tournament ends rather bad, we were happy she was winning even a single match in the beginning and QF was great, but this defeat and the way this defeat came together turns it around.
Mental breakdown at 5-3, she can indeed be strong, but its a come and go, like her Killer serve.

still good tournament and she defended a good part of her points, but i fear this defeat will hurt her very bad, hopefully it doesn't destroy all of her progress at her game, which she clearly made during Wimbledon.

maturedgirl
Jul 3rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Well, time for crying (certainly I did :lol:) is over now, let's see the good in the bad ;)

So proud of her today. Was obviously not her best day (in contrast to yesterday) 2 many UEs but she really showed her fighter mentality and did everything right...until yeah, ... everybody knows ;)

Next Wimbledon will be sooner as ever #London calling and until then...let's go USA :lol:

cosmoose
Jul 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM
Well, time for crying (certainly I did :lol:) is over now, let's see the good in the bad ;)

So proud of her today. Was obviously not her best day (in contrast to yesterday) 2 many UEs but she really showed her fighter mentality and did everything right...until yeah, ... everybody knows ;)

Next Wimbledon will be sooner as ever #London calling and until then...let's go USA :lol:

Next Wimbledon is sooner than you think! It's just called by different name (Olympics) ;)

rnwerner
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Have Lisicki/Hsieh lost or withdrawn in doubles?

I can't find a result for their match against Schiavone/Pennetta.

And in the schedule for tomorrow, Schiavone/Pennetta already play against Llag. Viv./Mart. Sanch.

maturedgirl
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Seems they withdrew...

Ziva
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
does someone know why they withdrew, Sabine ?

Hope she is alright and laughs again

Geekking
Jul 4th, 2012, 12:53 PM
http://de.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/kerber-gewinnt-thriller-gegen-lisicki-181639128.html

Omega1
Jul 4th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Sabine has played great tournament :worship: :hearts:
the form is back :)
she has played fantastish. :bounce:
She won against a very good tennis player
won match against scharapova, the world's no 1 and fresh French Open champion :woohoo::woohoo:
They showed their possibilities
keep it up sabine :woohoo:

swfc-dan
Jul 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM
My favourite performance of Sabine's career so far against Sharapova today, and arguably a defining one in term's of conquering a player who'd she'd never previously beaten.

That is the type of consistant play that has been missing in her for a long time, obviously I know she's had a bad run with injuries which hasn't helped.

This performance proves that when she cuts down the unforced errors, she is arguably one of the top players in the women's game and I'm certain she'll be at least top 10 by the end of the year.

Hi guys im new to here and just posted in the other thread earlier. I've become a big boom boom bine fan after watching her at Wimbledon and she is clearly my favourite womens player now :hearts: :worship:

I had a bet on her too :angel: . At the odds it was definately worth a shot. Didn't work out but she gave a great account of herself overall at the championships, definately getting her form back. :D

Just hope she can continue this now at the olympics (still on grass :cool: ) and in the hard court season! She's got the ability to become much more than an enigma, just needs to work on cutting out errors- much better than being consistent but no talent. :D

Will now try and follow her in the upcoming major tournaments for sure! Hottie, smiley personality and a great talent :hug:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 7th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Watched Sabine's progress whilst on a short break - no internet, so I couldn't post. She certainly loves Wimbledon, & seems to hate Kerber, which is a shame, because I also like Kerber!

Performance-wise, rather a mixed bag; mentally, rather an equally mixed bag! :lol:

Beating Stephens & Jovanovski was a struggle, but she found a way through. She was fantastic vs. Sharapova, but - oh dear - Kerber. I thought she was dead & buried at 36 03, but somehow revived, led in the third set, then blew it. Angie is her nemesis, for sure. BUT - she beat Sharapova, so she can beat the best. I just wish she was more consistent at doing so. She will beat Kerber eventually.

I also wish I knew just why Sabs & Angie don't seem to get along. They did at one point, I'm sure.

maturedgirl
Jul 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Watched Sabine's progress whilst on a short break - no internet, so I couldn't post. She certainly loves Wimbledon, & seems to hate Kerber, which is a shame, because I also like Kerber!

Shouldn't yet be your problem!:shrug: Good for you when they play each other, cause one of your liked will win ;)
You don't have to spend time with them together :lol:

BTW: How do you know it's sabine's fault... and not a mutual dislike!? :help:
Such things happen, especially between girls (I go through that girls hell all my life) ;)

everythingtaboo
Jul 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
This Wimbledon sucks. Just saw Andy Murray lose and am now a wreck. :sad:

jetglo
Jul 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM

:hug:

Ian Aberdon
Jul 8th, 2012, 08:32 PM

I'll get over it! :lol:

swfc-dan
Jul 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM

Sounds like im not alone on here in that regard! :D

Nah not quite a wreck, gutted for him though, really thought he could do it today on homesoil.

Andy and Sabine, my favourite two players for sure. :yeah:

everythingtaboo
Jul 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'll get over it! :lol:

I still haven't. Why do I like this sport and why do I do this to myself? Jesus. I swear tennis will send me to therapy later on in my life. :help:

maturedgirl
Jul 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I swear tennis will send me to therapy later on in my life. :help:

You will not be the first and not the last one I fear when I followed twitter yesterday during the men's final :tape:

I enjoyed watching the finals at wimbledon this year (although I missed the most exciting part of the women's final). Was a joy to watch and so happy finally Roger attained this 7. wimbledon trophy and ascended the throne again :inlove: