PDA

View Full Version : Internationaux de Strasbourg

Ziva
May 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Let's see if it brings her more luck, when i open the thread this time.

http://www.internationaux-strasbourg.fr/en

Main Draw

(1/wc)Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Pauline Parmentier (FRA)
Elena Baltacha (GBR) v Stephanie Foretz Gacon (FRA)
Q v Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Q v (5)Mona Barthel (GER)

(4)Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) v Anna Tatishvili (GEO)
Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) v Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU)
(wc)Alize Cornet (FRA) v Olga Govortsova (BLR)
Shahar Peer (ISR) v (7)Klara Zakopalova (CZE)

(6)Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Ayumi Morita (JPN)
(wc)Virginie Razzano (FRA) v Q
Timea Babos (HUN) v Elena Vesnina (RUS)
Sloane Stephens (USA) v (3)Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

(8)Tamira Paszek (AUT) v Alberta Brianti (ITA)
Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Q
Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v Anne Keothavong (GBR)
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (2)Francesca Schiavone (ITA)

everythingtaboo
May 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
What a shit draw. I can see Hradecka or Barthel giving her some trouble. Just hoping for a few matches on clay before Paris next week. She need's to start building up some points before the grass season.

Ziva
May 19th, 2012, 07:09 PM
If Barthel plays like she played during the last weeks, Sabine won't stand a chance, but she first has to get there anyways :unsure:

Geekking
May 19th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Not a tough draw till 3th round. Sabine never played against Parmentier. Parmentier is not in good shape and she also played 3setter match against Erakovic and lost it in Bucharest. 2nd round will be against Foretz Gacon who is an ITF Player and doesn't have good clay records this year. 3th round will be tough.

jasonwright25
May 19th, 2012, 08:41 PM
What a shit draw. I can see Hradecka or Barthel giving her some trouble. Just hoping for a few matches on clay before Paris next week. She need's to start building up some points before the grass season.

Really? If this is a shitty draw, then she's just a shitty player.

everythingtaboo
May 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Really? If this is a shitty draw, then she's just a shitty player.

Hardly. Hradecka and Barthel are good players.

maturedgirl
May 20th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I don' like the draw but she has to take it as it comes. Barthel I liked to see in the other half but it depends all on her training level. When she is near 50% she should win two rds (for the confidance)if not, she can immediately drive on to Paris to accustom the courts there and enjoy the city #gl saby:yeah:

wooh so tired now but love saturday nights :yawn:

Michael!
May 20th, 2012, 12:19 AM
well, we shouldn´t think about Barthel or Hradecka already, I mean, first it is most important for her to beat Parmentier and then Baltacha or Foretz, those are all must wins actually but u never know with Sabine, especially now after her injury break.
So I would be already totally satisfied if she would reach QF here, that should be her goal here, a win over Barthel or Hradecka would be more than I expect from these days to be honest, good luck!

jasonwright25
May 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Hardly. Hradecka and Barthel are good players.

Lucie Hradecka? The 27 year old that's never seen the 3rd round of a Grand Slam? Or seen the top 40 of the singles rankings? Come on, if that's a tough draw for Lisicki then she's not a top player at all.

I'll give you Barthel is an up and comer but still. This is the furthest thing from a shit draw.

Lisickifan84
May 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
well, we shouldn´t think about Barthel or Hradecka already, I mean, first it is most important for her to beat Parmentier and then Baltacha or Foretz, those are all must wins actually but u never know with Sabine, especially now after her injury break.
So I would be already totally satisfied if she would reach QF here, that should be her goal here, a win over Barthel or Hradecka would be more than I expect from these days to be honest, good luck!

I totally agree. She must win these two rounds (not because she is so much better these days, but she needs it for her confidence) and then we will see. Don't forget that she has already won against Mona at the beginning of this year. (I know that says nothing at all, but still.)

Lucie Hradecka? The 27 year old that's never seen the 3rd round of a Grand Slam? Or seen the top 40 of the singles rankings? Come on, if that's a tough draw for Lisicki then she's not a top player at all.

I'll give you Barthel is an up and comer but still. This is the furthest thing from a shit draw.

I agree too. But on the other hand is Sabine not a top player at the moment and so we can't say if she has a chance to win even against such a player like Lucie. Sabine would win it if she would be in a good shape. Thats not a question for me.

everythingtaboo
May 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM

I was thinking more the Lucie Hradecka who beat Sam Stosur and Petra Kvitova on clay just weeks ago. On a good day she can be a big threat to anyone.

everythingtaboo
May 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I agree too. But on the other hand is Sabine not a top player at the moment and so we can't say if she has a chance to win even against such a player like Lucie. Sabine would win it if she would be in a good shape. Thats not a question for me.

That's true. She hasn't been in form since... Australian Open, really. 2011 Wimbledon Sabine would wipe all those players of the court.

Anyways, back on topic. Focusing on the 1R against Pauline. Auf geht's.

Lisickinator
May 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Tomorrow 3rd match after 1100 CET on center court.

And yes, there will be a stream. :bounce:

Jimmie48
May 20th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Awesome :)

Ziva
May 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Tomorrow 3rd match after 1100 CET on center court.

And yes, there will be a stream. :bounce:

it's 2nd march after 12:30 PM, so probably 2:30 PM

I will not be able to watch nooooooo !! :sad:

Geekking
May 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
Another tournament topic and again ended so early. :sad:

Lisickifan84
May 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
Bye bye top 20 or even top 30 :rolleyes:

I don't think that should be the first thought. :rolleyes:
She has to bring her game together, no matter what her ranking is. If she falls down the ranking, then she falls down. When she don't get in a good shape again in the next few months ranking is fuc**ng care less. But if she has her confidence back, then she can beat almost every player not matter what ranking she is at that moment.

This year is a lost year :(

:lol: losing to Parmentier :facepalm:
oh well, average start of the year anyway + got even worse now , first that virus, then that ankle injury and now she plays totally without confidence, fitness could be better, no Plan B, mental issues and it won´t get better on grass, I fear, I mean, pressure there will be even higher as she has too much to defend, I think that she won´t be able to handle that at all.
She probably has to fall deep before she can rise again, the story of her career unfortunately.

PP was playing solid for me. No stupid errors and so. I know that normaly Sabine should win it but...

I think she should displace the rankings in her mind. She will fall down the rankings anyway so why worrie about it now? No one believes she will be again in a SF in Wimbledon or win Birmingham before. But you are right. It's alway top or flop with Sabine :(

maturedgirl
May 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Her ranking is the less I worry about!That's only math! But her game! The missing of stubborn will, her strange attitude on court, no fight no running for every point, almost rattled. Better she had not played this tournament, another first round loss that won't build up her confidance.

There's much more in my head I liked to say but better to keep quite a moment like this!
:speakles:

TimeyWimey
May 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
maybe she's just not ready to be back from that hiatus

Dorien.
May 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM
Ooh Sabine :hug: She must feel so terrible :hug: I hope she finds her game back very soon.

everythingtaboo
May 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
There were moments in that match where she played some amazing shots that proved why she's a top player and that she should be routining a player like Parmentier, but it was the lack of consistency, fitness, and some sort of mental lapse that ruined the match for her in general. I'm hoping it's just rust. She hasn't really played that many matches on clay since last year, and it's not her best surface (also, a tricky surface to return to).

I have my fingers crossed it'll all click and come together in Paris, or if not-- on the grass, the surface that has been most kind to her. Auf geht's, girl. Let's do this. :bounce:

CillyUltra
May 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Grass season next.

Ian Aberdon
May 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM

Mojobackhand
May 21st, 2012, 06:52 PM

Oh, Ian.... *pat pat pat* :hug:

CillyUltra
May 21st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Another tournament topic and again ended so early. :sad:
Yes, but it's better to have threads for multiple tourneys anyway.

I think she should displace the rankings in her mind. She will fall down the rankings anyway so why worrie about it now? No one believes she will be again in a SF in Wimbledon or win Birmingham before. But you are right. It's alway top or flop with Sabine :(

Well, talk about rankings is a core topic on tennis forums, otherwise there wouldn't be much left. :devil:

CillyUltra
May 21st, 2012, 08:52 PM
From the interview Sabine gave eurosport.de after the match:

Frau Lisicki, Sie haben in Rom nach 38 Tagen zum ersten Mal wieder auf der WTA-Tour aufgeschlagen, gegen Marina Erakovic aber nach zweieinhalb Stunden großem Kampf knapp verloren. Auch in Straßburg hat es gegen Pauline Parmentier nicht gereicht. Woran fehlt es Ihnen nach der Verletzungspause noch?
Ich habe ein paar Mal den falschen Ball gespielt und mich noch nicht so gut bewegt. Nach der Knöchelverletzung ist es das Schwierigste, zur Normalität zurückzufinden und die Abläufe wieder hinzukriegen. Deshalb habe ich nach fünf, sechs Wochen auch keine großen Erwartungen gehabt. Denn das ist auf jeden Fall auch ein Problem der Matchpraxis. Ich trainiere wirklich gut und es war am Wochenende schon wesentlich besser als vor ein paar Tagen in Rom. Ich merke Fortschritte, bin froh, dass ich verletzungsfrei bin und weitertrainieren kann. Ich denke, bis Paris wird alles wieder in Ordnung sein.

Welche Erwartungen haben Sie für Roland Garros?
Ehrlich gesagt keine. Für mich ist das Wichtigste, Schritt für Schritt weiter zu kommen und mich zu verbessern. Ich habe momentan auch einen Fitnesstrainer dabei und arbeite an verschiedenen Aspekten. Das kann sich diese Woche auszahlen, nächste Woche oder in einem Monat. Wichtig ist, dass es irgendwann kommt, und ich denke, nach der harten Arbeit wird es auch kommen.

Quick translation:
I played the wrong ball a couple of times and didn't move very well yet. After the ankle injury, the most difficult is to find back to normality and getting right the routines. That's why I hadn't big expectations after 5-6 weeks. Since this is definitely a problem of match experience too. I'm practicing really good and at the weekend it was already much better than a few days ago in Rome. I'm noticing improvements, I'm glad that I'm injury free und can practice further. I think, until Paris everything will be okay again.

What are your expectations for Roland Garros?
Honestly, none. For me the most important is to get ahead step by step und to improve. I've also a fitness trainer with me currently and work on different aspects. This can pay off this week, next week or in a month. Important is that is will come some day and I think after the hard work it will come.

Mojobackhand
May 21st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Postitive Einstellung und dennoch eher verhaltene Erwartungen. Das ist doch eigentlich ganz gut. Fitnesstrainer klingt auch gut.

Auf geht's nach Paris!

Mojobackhand
May 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=CillyUltra;21467747]Yes, but it's better to have threads for multiple tourneys anyway.

QUOTE]

Yep, think so, too. Will change that for the Wimby thread.

Lisickifan84
May 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Well, talk about rankings is a core topic on tennis forums, otherwise there wouldn't be much left. :devil:

Yeah of course, but I don't want to hear it anymore because we all know it. She will fall down, how deep depends on her form in Wimbledon. I want to see her win again :(

Next try first round at RG.

everythingtaboo
May 21st, 2012, 11:29 PM
So she's got a fitness trainer? Good to hear. I feel that is what has let her down lately.

maturedgirl
May 21st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Postitive Einstellung und dennoch eher verhaltene Erwartungen. Das ist doch eigentlich ganz gut. Fitnesstrainer klingt auch gut.

Auf geht's nach Paris!

Stimmt, manchmal sind wir fans vielleicht auch etwas zu ungeduldig und ungerecht. So I'll try to see her next match(es) from this angle: way back after injury is hard and needs some more patience with the patient!:p

Mike81
May 22nd, 2012, 12:26 AM
Stunned :sad:

hankmoody
May 22nd, 2012, 01:09 AM
:facepalm: Just pathetic! Can`t believe it!:help:

Am meisten regen mich diese lächerlichen Ausreden in den Interviews auf!
Ja klar, bis Paris ist alles in Ordnung... am Arsch!

@Mojo: Positive Einstellung? Zeit die rosa Brille abzusetzen!;) Könnte gar nicht negativer werden! Was hab ich dir am Samstag gesagt? Sabine könnte kaum tiefer sinken. :(

Wirklich Erbärmlich! Sabine ist mittlerweile nur noch ne Witzfigur!

Ziva
May 22nd, 2012, 01:25 AM
Wow, editier das mal, bevor du das bereust, ich versteh dich ja, aber komm schon, das sagt man nicht und Ausreden sind das auch keine.

Entweder konstruktive Kritik oder ins Kissen boxen, aber das geht garnicht.

Wer das mâdel schon länger kennt wusste in etwa was auf ihn zukommt diese Saison, du scheinst das nicht oder ?

Jimmie48
May 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Entspann dich mal ne Runde, Aussagen wie Witzfigur o.ä gehen echt gar nicht.

Klar ist das alles nicht besonders dolle im Moment, allerdings war auch nicht zu erwarten das sie nach der Verletzung sofort wieder voll da ist. Wenn sie sagt das die Beweglichkeit etc. nur langsam zurück kommen dann kann man das schon glauben. Zumal roter Sand jetzt auch nicht grad ihr Paradebelag ist, das macht die Sache auch nicht einfacher.

Wie gesagt, keiner macht hier Freudensprünge bei zwei Erstrunden-Niederlagen in Folge, aber man muss auch nicht gleich ein derartiges Faß aufmachen.

maturedgirl
May 22nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Ich war ja auch etwas überrascht (:lol:) über ihre performance gestern. Auch ich hatte mir nach 7 wochen Lisickiwatching-Pause mehr versprochen (wenn du wüsstest "wie sehr":rolleyes:), aber ein zwei Stunden später muss man sich, wenn man sie mag (Fan ist) auch wieder einkriegen (ich kann mir vorstellen, ihr selbst ging es noch viel besch+++ener:tape: direkt nach ihrem Abgang com CC). Aber ich glaube ihr, dass sie hart arbeitet, um wieder in Form zu kommen und was das Wichtigste ist (bei aller Ungeduld und allem Ehrgeiz, den sie 100 pro nicht über Nacht verloren hat!):

Gerade wegen der Bedeutung einer guten Restsaison bzw. 2 x Wimbledon in einem Jahr, wird ihre Priorität iM darin liegen, keine weitere Verletzung zu riskieren und wenn man nicht ganz fit ist, das weiß jeder Sportler, ist die Gefahr dafür am Größten. Ich habe selbst direkt nach der Niederlage gestern nicht daran gedacht und emotional reagiert. Danke an alle, die mich runtergeholt haben!:kiss: (auch wenn die meisten das hier nicht lesen;)

Lisickifan sein, heißt eben auch eine gewisse Leidensfähigkeit mitzubringen, aber man wird irgendwann auch immer dafür belohnt!:devil:

Lisickifan84
May 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
Lisickifan sein, heißt eben auch eine gewisse Leidensfähigkeit mitzubringen, aber man wird irgendwann auch immer dafür belohnt!:devil:

Genau so ist es :D

:facepalm: Just pathetic! Can`t believe it!:help:

Am meisten regen mich diese lächerlichen Ausreden in den Interviews auf!
Ja klar, bis Paris ist alles in Ordnung... am Arsch!

@Mojo: Positive Einstellung? Zeit die rosa Brille abzusetzen!;) Könnte gar nicht negativer werden! Was hab ich dir am Samstag gesagt? Sabine könnte kaum tiefer sinken. :(

Wirklich Erbärmlich! Sabine ist mittlerweile nur noch ne Witzfigur!

Naja Ausreden sehe ich keine. Nur eine realistische Einschätzung von ihr über ihre momentane Möglichkeiten und was sie tut, damit es besser wird.
Sie sagt doch auch, was sie falsch gemacht hat.
Was heißt auch tiefer sinken? Wir wissen nun alle, dass sie anscheinend eine schwierige Phase durchmacht seit Monaten und von hier auf jetzt wird es eben nicht besser. Ich sehe es positiv, dass sie einen Fitnesstrainer zur Seite hat. Das kann ja wohl nicht falsch sein.

Was das Spiel angeht. Entweder habe ich ein anderes Match gesehen oder Pauline P. hat doch sehr sehr gut aufgeschlagen. Meist auch dann wenn Sabine mal den ersten Punkt machen konnte wurde die Hoffnung auf ein mögliches Break durch einen super Aufschlag (oder mehrere nacheinander) wieder zu nichte gemacht. Außerdem hat sie auch nicht so viele Fehler gemacht, wie man das vielleicht auch erhoffen kann zur Zeit als Ersrunden-Gegnerin von Sabine, damit die mal ein etwas leichteres Match bekommt.

Was mich Nerven gekostet hat waren diese dummen abgeschenkten Bälle beim 2. Aufschlag von PP. Meistens hingen die Bälle im Netz oder gingen weit ins Aus. Das waren Chancen, die Sabine vertan hat!

Sonst hat sie einige sehr gute Ballwechsel gespielt, aber die Konstanz hat gefehlt. So schlecht wie hier einige tun hat sie nun auch nicht gespielt. (Oder ich hab ein anderes Spiel gesehen oder vielleicht nicht so viel erwartet?)

Mojobackhand
May 22nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Sabine könnte kaum tiefer sinken. :(

Übrigens career-high ranking von 12 diese Woche. Isch sach nur, nä? ;)

(Weiß das heißt nichts, und in den nächsten Wochen siehts anders aus. Und ja ich hab noch Hoffnung. Und ja, ich glaub sie kann Wimbledon gewinnen. Und ja, ich geh jetzt meine Medizin schlucken.)

Ziva
May 22nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
immer weiter runter mit der Form und hoch im Ranking, langsam ein Running Gag für Sabine in diesem Jahr.

maturedgirl
May 23rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Genießen wir noch 5 Wochen das Ranking. Danach muss sie einfach nur mal wieder ein paar Spiele am Stück gewinnen, so what!? :lol:

CillyUltra
May 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
ihr selbst ging es noch viel besch+++ener:tape: direkt nach ihrem Abgang com CC
Das glaube ich nicht, da ja die Erwartungshaltung nicht so hoch war, und danach
eine realistische Einschätzung von ihr über ihre momentane Möglichkeiten und was sie tut, damit es besser wird
kam.

Mojobackhand
May 23rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Ja, seh ich auch so. Klar war sie enttäuscht, dass es doch nicht geklappt hat. Und 2-3 Matches vor den FO wären natürlich auch optimal gewesen. Aber jetzt heißt es einfach dranbleiben, weiterarbeiten und dann wird es schon. Sie hat ja selber nicht so Riesenerwartungen für die FO, aber wichtig ist halt, dass sie für die Grassaison fit ist (und bleibt). Ich finds sehr positiv, dass das Team erweitert wurde.

maturedgirl
May 23rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Das glaube ich nicht, da ja die Erwartungshaltung nicht so hoch war

Wenn man weiß wie ehrgeizig sie ist und ihr Gesicht nach dem Spiel auf der Pressekonferenz und den Händedruck gesehen hat, dann spricht das für "ziemliche" Enttäuschung. Da kann sie vorher (das war ja schon eine woche her) und nach dem spiel (in gedruckten aussagen) sagen was sie will! Sie ist ein Champ und will gewinnen. Wäre schlimm wenn sie (trotz allem, Verletzung ...) nach zwei Erstrundenniederlagen gegen durchschnittliche Gegnerinnen kurz vor den French Open nicht enttäuscht wäre!