PDA

View Full Version : People attacking the results collection work of BFTP

Sam L
May 13th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Sorry I'm not bringing an argument in here. I'll make one point and one point only. Say whatever you want about debates and arguments in here but I'm thankful for the results resources compiled here by various contributors over the years. This is the sole source on the Internet or anywhere for this type of information. It saddens me when people posting here are attacking the good work being done without a shred of evidence: http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21408203&postcount=156

All I want to say is to the contributors who are compiling the results: Thank you. It is a lot of work that I cannot imagine myself even starting. It's always amazing to see results from like the 19th century with names like Maud and Lillian Watson.

And to those detractors, please get some integrity before attacking the work of others.

Also, as others have mentioned this good work needs to be picked up and recognized by the ITF and other tennis bodies.

tennisvideos
May 13th, 2012, 03:15 AM
They are a disgrace to the forums and the history of tennis.

alfajeffster
May 13th, 2012, 11:56 AM
...All I want to say is to the contributors who are compiling the results: Thank you. It is a lot of work that I cannot imagine myself even starting. It's always amazing to see results from like the 19th century with names like Maud and Lillian Watson.

And to those detractors, please get some integrity before attacking the work of others.

Also, as others have mentioned this good work needs to be picked up and recognized by the ITF and other tennis bodies.

Here here! I know I could never do it, and the detail is just amazing. For the longest time I wanted to know exactly how many titles Margaret Court really won. The compilation done here was amazing- they found more than I had guessed. I think the key to getting the research verified and published is to find someone who's a member here who also works for the WTA web site or is a tennis writer, and start the conversation. Verification is going to be a problem.

Pat Bateman
May 14th, 2012, 12:00 AM
You will find that the 'people' you're referring to are all the same (emotionally unbalanced) person posting under different names.

Rollo
May 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you for bringing this to my attention and your support Sam.

We all disagree or debate at times. But to attack the research done here without citing errors just makes my blood boil. Andrew Tas's research is beyond question. If anyone has issues with mistakes or errors we are quick to admit them.

I am not amused. Posters who engage in this sort of activity will have to answer to me if they post in this forum.

Calvin M.
May 18th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I don't have permission to Sam L's link but as a fan of this forum (it's the reason I joined the messageboard), I'm really disappointed that your hard work was criticized. I don't frequent General Messages very often because it's too negative. A real downer to be perfectly frank. Anyway, as always, your efforts are deeply appreciated!

GeeTee
May 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
bastards :)

some of us that do this research know what a thankless (at times) task it is.

But it's a buzz to know that you know more than the 'official' sources.

Uvapassa
May 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks so much for your work and efforts , guys :) And don't care for some stupid around . Ppl that love tennis have only to :worship: you

tennisrules
May 22nd, 2012, 02:31 AM
I love visiting the Blast From the Past section. I try and watch a lot of the older matches on youtube or on ESPN Classic or Tennis Channel (when they show classic tennis matches). I was too young to see players like Steffi, Martina, Chris, Gabby, etc. while they were in their prime so I love coming here seeing the stats, reading the memories and discussions, etc.

I can't believe anyone would criticize the hard work being done here to record the results from the past. Anyone who is working on bringing the results to this forum should be praised.:worship:

I love tennis history and enjoy the past stars as much as I love the current stars.