PDA

View Full Version : Claypova in Rome: Veni, vidi, vici. The Sequel ...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mistress of Evil
May 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Adiós, Madrid. Ciao, Roma!

http://www.15-lovetennis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/SHARAPOVA_ROME_TROPHEE_150511.jpg

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/sharapova-bnl-winner-2011.jpg

Tournament History:

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2iavi9w.jpg

* she gave a Walkover to Jankovic in 2008

18majors
May 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Great that we've the Rome thread, go Maria.

jameshazza
May 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Let's do this. When is draw?

Qetusi
May 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Let's do this. When is draw?

tomorrow

MM_1257
May 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I am kinda scared for this tournament and for everything that comes from now on. :scared: :help: Not sure I can deal with the stress :lol: since I have a lot of other stress right now. :hysteric:
Will Sasha be in Rome? :oh:

Crux Squall
May 11th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Find your serve in red clay, please

Fed_Ds
May 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Forza Shazza :armed:

Shivank17
May 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Lets do this Maria :cheer: Madrid sucks anyway :oh:

doooma6816
May 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
let's do this! defend your title:cheer:

MashaFan01
May 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Dam!! - Serena also plays Rome - Let's hope she's at the other half of the draw!!

jameshazza
May 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Am I the only one who wants her to play Rena, I really think she could do it on real clay. Plus simply put she's better than everyone else except Rena so a victory over her would be good heading into RG.

MashaFan01
May 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Am I the only one who wants her to play Rena, I really think she could do it on real clay. Plus simply put she's better than everyone else except Rena so a victory over her would be good heading into RG.

The thing is - I don't think a victory over Serena is going to happen anytime soon - This loss was not because Masha was outta form or had a bad day - it was because she feared Serena - She'd lost the match as soon she entered the court - It's all in her head - and as much she wanted to - she just couldn't do what she had planned to do - Ever seen a cobra hypnotize a prey - that's the effect Serena has on poor Masha

doomsday
May 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM

Serena can hit gazillion of aces on any surface :lol: Serena's form needs to drop for Maria to have a chance hopefully Serena won't be as sharp in 3 weeks.

doooma6816
May 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Serena hasn't played great in the past years at RG...so maybe this time she'll be beaten by someone. I mean everybody expected her to win US Open, but she didn't win.
Anyway Rome is first..I hope she'll defend her title. she beat Na, Vika, Petra...so I think she won't have much problems with them now. It was more mental.

pedropt
May 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM
It feels good to know she's the the defending champion. Good luck Maria :cheer:

swissmr
May 11th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm expecting some great tennis from Maria in this tournament. Surface suits her perfectly. :yeah:

Qetusi
May 11th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I'm expecting some great tennis from Maria in this tournament. Surface suits her perfectly. :yeah:

and she is excited to be back :kiss:

Matt Cronin ‏ @TennisReporters

Sharapova: 'Excited to go back & try & defend title in Rome, was great week [last year]. Back to the RED clay, so happy about that'

yeah I know that It was tough lost loday, I believed in her until the End but also was ready for anything
It is how It is, tomorrow it will be just a bad memory.... we shouil move on , keep believing and wish luck in Rome for Masha :wavey:

Jamrock,20
May 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdN5GyTl8K0&ob=av2e

We won't give up on you Masha! Let's defend Rome and take RG! We will be behind you every step of the way no matter what!

18majors
May 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM
The only way Maria is to beat Serena is to play her often. Bring on Serena in Rome, Maria will play her better and will beat her at Roland Garros.

18majors
May 12th, 2012, 12:28 AM
The video coverage is better in Rome than Madrid. ESPN3 will stream a night match (R1) on Monday May 14 and will start full streaming from Tuesday May 15 (R1 & R2).

perseus2006
May 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM
OP did a splendid job opening the thread! Kudos!

Lachy
May 12th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Yessss, new thread, new tournament, fresh start. :dance:

abesky
May 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM
The bright side from the loss is that Maria is still the highest paid female athlete of ALL time.

Vika, Petra, Aga, Sam, Carol, and all the other lessors can win all the slams they want, trash Maria all they want but THEY WILL never have a $70 million dollar endorsement deal.

Let alone she's a successful entrepreneur, and she earns $25 million per year. She also has almost $20 million worth of earning and she's only beginning. Without further ado, their fave can remain poor with their slams (and they better start saving up because they can't win forever) while Maria is loosing all the way to the bank while driving in her $1 million dollar car.

And as for Serena trashing Sharpie. We all have predicted she was going to loose anyway, so what is the big deal?

Vika fans are acting as if Vika can put Serena out of her misery. I just love her helpless stumbles as Serena's winners fly past right her. I like Serena shutting that annoying siren up. As LONG as Serena is in the game, Vika will remain a 1 slam wonder.

For Sam making those dumb comments during the match, she is already 28 and only has won 1 slam in her entire career. She thinks she's God, because her win over Serena is a fluke as evident with her annihilation in the last couple of games.

So they can stay pressed because their fave is not as successful as Queen Sharapova.

I'm done. I've had a bad day, so I'm done ranting out. Good night.

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 02:46 AM
:rolleyes: :help:

No, it doesn't matter if she is the highest paid athlete when it comes to tennis :facepalm: Even if she was the lowest-paid I wouldn't mind till she keeps on winning matches.

Charlatan
May 12th, 2012, 02:52 AM
:rolleyes: :help:

No, it doesn't matter if she is the highest paid athlete when it comes to tennis :facepalm: Even if she was the lowest-paid I wouldn't mind till she keeps on winning matches.

Exactly! and i can't believe he posted that same shit under a result thread on GM :facepalm:

all these make me wonder since when he becomes a fan of maria or if he has ever followed a full maria match

abesky
May 12th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Don't you :facepalm: me. Why would I got that far defending Maria if I'm not a fan of hers in the first place? OF COURSE I'm a big fan of Maria since 2004. I even stayed up late at night watching the USO 2006 Final and I watched every single moment of it. But then of course I got pretty busy in life and in school so I follow most of her matches through high lights. If I'm on a break or I'm not busy and she happens to play, of course I will watch the match in full. So don't come talking things about me when you barely know anything about me in the first place.

I've had a bad day. Good night.

perseus2006
May 12th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Quit bickering! This isn't a Republican caucus, there aren't a set of requirements that prove someone is a Pova fan.

One thing will help with turning SS back towards just supporting our Girl: SugarPova! I understand it hits the market before the USO. Everyone should have a supply at hand so that when "feeling bitchy" you can pop a few SugarPovas and start "feeling groovy". Even Chelsea wasn't bitchy after downing about 3 pounds of SugarPovas!

Looking forward to a kinder, more gentle, more tolerant and supportive SS with a little help from SugarPovas...

Reptilia
May 12th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Yessss, new thread, new tournament, fresh start. :dance:

This :dance:

ziros
May 12th, 2012, 05:18 AM
The only way Maria is to beat Serena is to play her often. Bring on Serena in Rome, Maria will play her better and will beat her at Roland Garros.
Agree 100% - and she needs new strategies,not just the same movie played over and over and over every time they play. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time though with the surface

claypova
May 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
:cheer:

Rerun
May 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
She did not have to play that tourney, hopefully this will be different

doomsday
May 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
yeah, that's why you asked if australian open is hardcourt

Geez, stop jumping on every Masha fan throat like that.:help:

Anyway I really think that she'll play better in Rome the surface really suits her I wish she hadn't played Madrid though, that crappy surface probably break her rhythm and certainly shattered her confidence after this loss against Rena. But we need to see how she will cope with that in Rome.

Andy.
May 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
A fresh start, on wards and up wards!!!

Mr.Sharapova
May 12th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I really think she can do better in Rome :cheer:. And yeah bring on Serena in Rome as well, I would rather see Maria play her often than once in 4 years...

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Exactly! and i can't believe he posted that same shit under a result thread on GM :facepalm:

all these make me wonder since when he becomes a fan of maria or if he has ever followed a full maria match

:facepalm:

he is really a weird one. :o

yeah, that's why you asked if australian open is hardcourt

:hysteric: He did? :rolls:

Cherry.
May 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM
:rolls: Apparently it's Vika-Aga Petra-Masha AGAIN in Roma.
LMFAO by the end of this year Vika-Aga H2H will probably be something like 18-3. :spit:

Cherry.
May 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
RT@SI_BTBaseline: Serena in Azarenka's half, Ivanovic in Sharapova's.
:angel:

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Damn :( :o I wanted Aga in Maria's half. :armed:

Serena in Vika's half! :woohoo: :cheer:

Ana in Maria's.

Cherry.
May 12th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Damn :( :o I wanted Aga in Maria's half. :armed:
Apparently tennis gods will make sure that this never ever happens. :o :help:

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah, of course. Now watch Aga get a cakewalk draw to the Semis. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
http://c0014304.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_c6b4b4e

Draw.

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 11:08 AM
R1: Bye
R2: vs Niculescu/McHale
R3: vs Ivanovic/Schiavone/Brianti
QFs: v/s Venus/Stosur
Semis: Kvitova/JJ/Kerber

If I can read correctly, Aga has a possible QF with Serena :hearts: :inlove: God exists. But I am pretty sure Serena will withdraw now. :o

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Descent draw.

Though possible Stosur QFs can be tough on clay but if Maria plays like she did in Stuttgart, Finals seems pretty get-able to say the least.

Cherry.
May 12th, 2012, 11:18 AM
If I can read correctly, Aga has a possible QF with Serena :hearts: :inlove: God exists. But I am pretty sure Serena will withdraw now. :oThis is SOOO gonna happen. :help:
Anyways let's not worry about others. :) Hope Masha will have a good tourney & defend the title! :cheer:

claypova
May 12th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Azarenka vs BYE
Peer vs Peng
Vinci vs Knapp
Q vs Cibulkova

Lisicki vs Erakovic
Gajdosova vs Scheepers
Benesova vs Wickmayer
BYE vs Li

Radwanska vs BYE
Cetkovska vs Q
Q vs Q
Pennetta vs Kirilenko

S. Williams vs Voskoboeva
Petrova vs Q
Medina Guarrigues vs Zheng
BYE vs Wozniacki

Bartoli vs BYE
Q vs Goerges
King vs Pironkova
Q vs Kerber

Jankovic vs Cirstea
Arvidsson vs Martinez Sanchez
Pavlyuchenjova vs Pervak
BYE vs Kvitova

Stosur vs BYE
Baczinsky vs Errani
V. Williams vs Halep
Makarova vs Schiavone

Ivanovic vs Kuznetsova
Brianti vs Q
McHale vs Niculescu
BYE vs Sharapova

Mashabator
May 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Im liking the draw :yeah:

Mr.Sharapova
May 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Maria with a decent draw. Hopefully she wins the title by beating Mchale-Ivanovic-V.Williams-Bartoli-Azarenka :cheer:.

Andy.
May 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Thats a pretty decent draw Masha playing well should be able to do something with that.

Reptilia
May 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I really want another Ivanovic matchup! Nice draw :dance:

Mr.Sharapova
May 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
^Yeah. I want revenge for that French Open loss :angel:.

It is a Serena-Vika final. Hopefully Serena wins the title leaving Vika empty handed in a final yet again, karma is a bitch.

JoPova
May 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Radwanska has a QF with Serena! God exists! Justice is done! Let's hope Serena doesn't retire! :lol:

I don't think Maria has a bad draw, even though McHale as her first opponent can be dangerous: she has already defeated Wozniacki and Kvitova in the past year! On the other hand I don't want Maria to play Niculescu, because she's such a tricky opponent, that can disrupt your rythm with all those chops and slices! Another match vs Stosur would be great in the QF! :cheer:

I'll be in Rome next Thursday until the following Monday. If I have wi-fi in the hotel, I'll write some reports for you guys. :cheer: I have tickets for the QFs on Friday and the Fs on Sunday! Hopefully Maria will be playing on both those days! :hearts:

Crux Squall
May 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
omg i want Maria - Venus match

jameshazza
May 12th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Like the draw would be nice if Masha could edge H2H against Vee before she retires.

Crux Squall
May 12th, 2012, 12:58 PM
but She need to play well to beat Ivanovic/Kuznetsova and maybe McHAle in R2. I hope Rome's coverage is better than Madrid. Is there any chance to watch her 2nd round match

JoPova
May 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I thnk Schiavone may start playing stellar tennis here just because it's Rome and then go back sucking right after RG! :lol: So she may upset Venus, even if they have a very lopsided H2H! :shrug: I'd love to see Maria play Venus too and for the SFs (I know I'm getting a bit ahead here) the most likely opponents will be Kerber/Kvitova!

Kon.
May 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
but She need to play well to beat Ivanovic/Kuznetsova and maybe McHAle in R2. I hope Rome's coverage is better than Madrid. Is there any chance to watch her 2nd round match

Rome has great coverage on Eurosport and Eurosport 2 so we shouldn't miss any match.:drool:

I like the draw. I'd like a R3 vs Ivanovic Qf vs Venus and semi vs Kerber but maybe it isn't the most likely scenario.
Before the draw I really wanted a semi or something against Serena, I think Maria would have a big chance there.
The most annoying thing about the draw is that once again the halves are Maria-Petra and Vika-Radwanska which is getting pretty boring.

Anyway I'm pretty excited for this tournament. Let's go :cheer:

doooma6816
May 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I like this draw except Ivanovic...I wanted Ana to go deeper here.:sad:
Anyway Masha has great chance to make a final then we'll see.
Finally Aga has Serena in QF.:cheer:

Crux Squall
May 12th, 2012, 01:34 PM
too early to expect a final from UpDownPova.
Last year even She reached SF in RG but I;m so disapointed with her form, nowhere near Rome's form
So I want each match and each match

sweetadri06
May 12th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Maria got a decent draw. She should make the SF again, hopefully.

Maria Croft
May 12th, 2012, 02:11 PM
That's a nice draw.
She should be able to finetune her game for Roland Garros here nicely.

Craig.
May 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Why is everyone so happy about the draw? :unsure:

I can totally see her bombing out to Ivanovic or someone :hysteric:

JamieOwen3
May 12th, 2012, 04:55 PM
5 pages already? :lol: Lets fight and DEFEND this shit Maria!!!!!!!

Trih
May 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Can't wait to be there next week, I hope to see Maria play and make at least SF! :angel:

vozas
May 12th, 2012, 06:44 PM
The draw may be tricky but I expect her to make the finals. She'll defend the title if Serena withdraws.

I expect Kerber to make the semis from her quarter.

MashaFan01
May 12th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I'm very pleased with the draw - whatever opponents are better than to meet Serena on her half - This way Masha has it in her own hands to reach the finals and hope that someone else takes out Serena - Masha can defeat anyone except for Serena :lol:

Jack89
May 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
It's a challenging draw for Maria. I think her first real test could come in a possible 3rd round encounter with Ivanovic. Ana can play on clay and she is more prone to good serving days, than bad, nowadays.

Overall, its a tricky draw but a good test of where Maria's form is, going into RG.

Shivank17
May 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Didn't Ana lose to Sveta on clay in Fed Cup this year? :unsure:

I doubt both these girls should be troublesome considering they have been suffering with some serious brain damage since winning French Open. :facepalm:

18majors
May 12th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Echo opinions expressed by many posters, the best thing about Madrid is that Maria didn't get hurt. Furthermore, she bettered her results from last year.

Looking forward to Rome and RG and fully expect Maria to build upon what she's started at Stuttgart.

Qetusi
May 12th, 2012, 09:00 PM
It's a challenging draw for Maria. I think her first real test could come in a possible 3rd round encounter with Ivanovic. Ana can play on clay and she is more prone to good serving days, than bad, nowadays.

Overall, its a tricky draw but a good test of where Maria's form is, going into RG.

Agree :worship:

Shafanovic.
May 12th, 2012, 11:31 PM
:armed: Time to defend the title.

abesky
May 13th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I have an interesting hypothesis.

I just read on Wiki that Maria and Hogstedt started working on 2011, and since then Maria has only met Serena twice. Which brings me to the theory that Hogstedt and Maria haven't come up with a strategy to beat Serena since the two don't play much often. However when they do, Maria always gets murdered. It seemed that it wasn't their priority to beat Serena since they started working together. I think they focused more with coming up with a strategy to beat Assarenka judging by the recent beatdown - I think they finally have the right strategy to beat her.

But now that Maria has been beaten by Serena for the second time since Hogstedt coached her, I think this is the heads up/wake up call/turning point in which Hogstedt will start to focus more on coming up with a strategy to beat her. I think it will take like 1 or 2 more losses before they finally get it right.

What do you guys think?

ziros
May 13th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Execution is the problem,she may have the right gameplan but she just makes too many errors trying to do it

abesky
May 13th, 2012, 02:03 AM
That's true. I think I blame the fact that she had a W/O against Safarova - she didn't have a warm up match before Serena.

shaktincredible
May 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Radwanska has a QF with Serena! God exists! Justice is done! Let's hope Serena doesn't retire! :lol:

I don't think Maria has a bad draw, even though McHale as her first opponent can be dangerous: she has already defeated Wozniacki and Kvitova in the past year! On the other hand I don't want Maria to play Niculescu, because she's such a tricky opponent, that can disrupt your rythm with all those chops and slices! Another match vs Stosur would be great in the QF! :cheer:

I'll be in Rome next Thursday until the following Monday. If I have wi-fi in the hotel, I'll write some reports for you guys. :cheer: I have tickets for the QFs on Friday and the Fs on Sunday! Hopefully Maria will be playing on both those days! :hearts:

envy you!

i dont think Maria will defend her title anyway, i prefer her to grab Roland Garros title instead!! :hearts:

French Open 2012 final : Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams :oh:

ziros
May 13th, 2012, 05:36 AM
You think Serena will break her 10 year duck at RG and reach the final? It's weird that none of the top 4 favourites for RG(Vika,Serena,Petra,Maria) have been in the final there in the last 9 years. Would this have ever happened before? Just shows how random it's been the last 4-5 years

MashaFan01
May 13th, 2012, 09:43 AM
So when can we expect Masha to play her first match (probably vs C. McHale) - Wed or Thu?

tennis-insomniac
May 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Nice Title ! :yeah:

Masha in Rome sounds so romantic :inlove:

Sasha should come back to energize their bond and Maria's inspiration :lol:

madmax
May 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Masha loves Rome:cheer:
I'm sure she'll perform her best in romantic city

Reptilia
May 13th, 2012, 10:14 AM
McHale could be tricky :unsure: Hopefully she gets some good training in.

Qetusi
May 13th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Beyond The Baseline ‏ @SI_BTBaseline

Sharapova practicing on Pietrangeli. Just S&V'd, hit a ridiculous volley winner. She laughed all the way to the baseline

:D

Reptilia
May 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
:rolls:

madmax
May 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
VolleyPova:hearts:
Bring it on

Shivank17
May 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
:lol:

Slidepova + Volleypova to conquer Rome. :hearts:

MM_1257
May 13th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Nice and easy - step by step and we shall see what happens.
No Sasha in Rome this time BTW :sad: - his SF is on May 16th...

Mistress of Evil
May 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
The title defense is actually doable. Good Luck!

abesky
May 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I just woke up to Assarenka's beatdown :lol:

shaktincredible
May 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
vika trails 1-6 0-3 to serena :hysteric:

it makes maria's lost become not that bad afterall :oh:

18majors
May 13th, 2012, 12:33 PM
vika trails 1-6 0-3 to serena :hysteric:

it makes maria's lost become not that bad afterall :oh:

Maria's serves in Serena's match weren't as spectacular as in Stuttgart but overall she didn't play that badly. Serena was just in a different world all together.

Maria's game is in very good shape and she will continue to improve.

abesky
May 13th, 2012, 12:34 PM
:oh: Vika's H2H against Serena is more embarassing tbh. :oh: If you include Vika's coach's H2H against Rena too.. :oh:

madmax
May 13th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Maria's serves in Serena's match weren't as spectacular as in Stuttgart but overall she didn't play that badly. Serena was just in a different world all together.

Maria's game is in very good shape and she will continue to improve.

Maria was horrible in that QF match...don't compare her to Vuvurenka, who is always hopeless against power players.

domon17th
May 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Here for Rome's defense! Trying to be positive here and to be honest, expecting nothing less than a QF against Sam for starters!
I'm also all for Masha meeting Serena in the final though, she's got to meet her to learn how to beat her again.

18majors
May 13th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Maria was horrible in that QF match...don't compare her to Vuvurenka, who is always hopeless against power players.

I agree that right now Maria is a much better player than Azarenka but Serena's brilliant play in Maria match is just out of this world.

vozas
May 13th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I think Maria will win. Really hope the GOAT part-timer withdraws. I'll be pissed off with anything other than a final showing in Rome.

DAVAI!

jameshazza
May 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Serena may well tank before QF because she won't want to tank against a mug like Aga and if she makes SF she'll have to try to win the whole thing. Anyways I'm condident in a QF at least on Masha's behalf. I assume she'll be playing tomorrow or is there a bye?

madmax
May 13th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I agree that right now Maria is a much better player than Azarenka but Serena's brilliant play in Maria match is just out of this world.

it doesn't matter what other players do if Maria serves well and doesn't commit stupid UE's...your standards of her are very low if you think that she played "well" in that match. Hello, did you miss all those DF's and wasted BP's?

vozas
May 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
It's pretty simple with Serena... You either have a serve or you're toast. That's why Hradecka managed more games than the top 2 players in the world.

Maria most definitely has one of the best serves on tour (see Stuttgart), but it completely vanishes in this match-up. Until she stops shaking in her skirts and stop serving trembling from fear, she won't ever beat her. Simple as that.

Can't wait to see Maria's sliding BH winners in Rome :inlove:

6l_sMjlxNl0

At 2:51 :inlove: it all began in Rome. Claypova was born :worship:

domon17th
May 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
It's pretty simple with Serena... You either have a serve or you're toast. That's why Hradecka managed more games than the top 2 players in the world.

Maria most definitely has one of the best serves on tour (see Stuttgart), but it completely vanishes in this match-up. Until she stops shaking in her skirts and stop serving trembling from fear, she won't ever beat her. Simple as that.

Agree. She has the tools to beat Serena, just need to bring them altogether like how Serena ALWAYS brings it against her.

18majors
May 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM
it doesn't matter what other players do if Maria serves well and doesn't commit stupid UE's...your standards of her are very low if you think that she played "well" in that match. Hello, did you miss all those DF's and wasted BP's?

Both of us are Maria fans, let's leave it at that.

Nina.
May 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Looking forward to Rome, brings back great memories from last year :cheer:

But what does that say about Maria (taking aside the Stuttgart final)? Isn't she a power player anymore?

perseus2006
May 13th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think Hogg will have 4 or 5 observations for Pova for their next match, like try to avoid serving nice sitters to her forehand.

Anyway, Pova should start The Rome Defense on Tuesday or Wednesday with a first round bye. We should all get to see most of this tournament. 18Majors has already said the espn3 will be streaming and the TTC will be covering from Monday morning.

With a weekend of practice on Red Clay, I hope she can make a strong start and just keep it going.

Advantage Me
May 14th, 2012, 12:05 AM

So true. Maria should ignore Serena completely or pretend she is someone else across the net when she serves. Serena has this intimidating aura about her so many players shake in fear. I am quite sure Maria can beat her if only she will get her out of her head.

JamieOwen3
May 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
guys shaking my thing to OXYGEN :haha:

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/280sw007883.gif

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/p1zqu.gif?w=300&h=225

lefty24
May 14th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Nice and easy - step by step and we shall see what happens.

Ugh that really sucks. Will he be at RG?

jameshazza
May 14th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I thought season ended for him at start of May.

heelsrule1988
May 14th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Push this button, Maria:

http://www.innovationlearning.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/repeat-button.jpg
If his team wins their semifinal series, then he could miss the first week of Roland Garros. If not, there's no reason why he shouldn't be there. We'll have to see what happens.

vozas
May 14th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Sasha who? Just get Yuri for the slams... He doesn't even need to sit in Maria's box, but at least she'd know he's there doing his thing with the hoodies and the sunglasses and the decapitation gestures :oh:

Kon.
May 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
McHale def Niculescu 64 64 and she will be Maria's R2 opponent.

JamieOwen3
May 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Maria to win easily! Vamos bitch. JUST FKN DO IT :yeah:

Kon.
May 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Guys, are you watching any of the matches right now?
It is so fucking windy. :tape:
I hope it isn't like this in the next days because this can't be good for Maria .

Reptilia
May 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Ivanovic/Kuzzie match is a mugfest :rolls:

zigga
May 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I think she shouldn't have problems with McHale :)
I hope Maria successufully defends her title in Rome :cheer:

Shafanovic.
May 14th, 2012, 12:37 PM
OMG that wind :scared:

vozas
May 14th, 2012, 01:03 PM
The wind :scared:

Reptilia
May 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Good practice for RG. The wind was insane during last years Li NA SF and she was an absolute mess.

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Christina McHale R2 and possibly Ana R3, two decent challengers and good tests for Maria.

Trih
May 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
The wind was insane this morning, this afternoon seems better. Ana played very well against Sveta, could be challenging if she meets Maria.

jacobruiz
May 14th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Maria plays much better in the wind than she did years ago. I don't think the wind will be more of a factor for her than it will be for her opponents.

Steven.
May 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
i'm so depressed because of uni atm i forgot rome started. go masha.

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Maria will play Christina McHale on Center Court at 12:00 PM local time.

Qetusi
May 14th, 2012, 04:02 PM

Tomorrow ?

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Tomorrow ?

Yes, Tuesday, May 15.

lefty24
May 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
i'm so depressed because of uni atm i forgot rome started. go masha.

You need to get your priorities straight! :p

jameshazza
May 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
When is OOP released, might miss it although I'm sure she's the night match?

Kon.
May 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
When is OOP released, might miss it although I'm sure she's the night match?

;)

jameshazza
May 14th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'm gonna miss it. Good Luck Masha :cheer:

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Christina is a solid player; she has a powerful serve (110 mph) and moves very well. Expect a competitive match, not a beatdown.

swissmr
May 14th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Will there be a stream? :)

rucolo
May 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM
^ yes, of course. This is not Madrid :lol:

Rome will tell us a lot about Maria`s chances winning the French Open :p

R1: Bye
R2: McFail
R3: Ivanovic
QF: Stosur/Venus/Errani

Reaching Rome SF should be no problem. Go Maria! ;)

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM
This feels like the calm before a storm, good luck Maria.

18majors
May 14th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Maria most recently defended her title at San Diego in 2007.

goldlion
May 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I like her being either the first or second on centre court because you can have the rough time of her playing. This match is totally manageable for Maria. I'm expecting to see decent serve and groundstrokes please.

Crux Squall
May 15th, 2012, 01:16 AM
The Italian Open Clay court surface will be much-2 slower than Madrid or Roland Garros.

The ball is expected to bounce higher than on any other surface.

This will mean that baseline players will dominate because they have so much time to get to each ball and because the ball bounces higher they rarely have to hit a ball anywhere but in their "strike zone," or the area between their knees and shoulders.

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/263-clay-court-condition-at-internazionali-bnl-ditalia-italian-open-2012-rome-atp-1000-masters/

Nicaragua
May 15th, 2012, 02:24 AM
is there going to be a stream for the match?

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM
I still remember watching Maria play Christina at the US Open a couple of years ago (it was during that Nike headband phase)—Christina has changed so much since then. Hopefully Maria can get the job done quickly. Good luck!

perseus2006
May 15th, 2012, 06:13 AM
X has been cutting her ranking in half in each of the last four years. She started the year at 42 and is currently at 36. She performs better on HC than clay. She has been getting stronger, more fit and more experienced each year. She will fight hard as shown by her three set win over Petra this year!

Pova playing reasonably well should take this match in two sets.

Cherry.
May 15th, 2012, 08:13 AM
The wind was insane this morning, this afternoon seems better. Ana played very well against Sveta, could be challenging if she meets Maria.Ana played good, but also because Sveta was beyond horrid. :o No pace, no depth, no nothing on her shots. Sad to see really. Watched the whole match and don't even know how she managed to even get 7 games. Felt Ana should win something like 61 62. :help:

Also about the windy condition, it would be a good preparation for her run at RG. :shrug: She has to adjust to these bad conditions which are quite inevitable at RG. So it's better sooner than later.

vozas
May 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Tag-team! Where's madmax? I need him to go drag I.Luv.Kvitty a little more, I have a meeting in 15 minutes :oh:

Andy.
May 15th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Thank god thats over and she got thru in straights.

jameshazza
May 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Is the next match tomorrow? Or Thursday?
Just taking it one at a time. Although realistically only a few matches are needed here for movement purposes.

claypova
May 15th, 2012, 12:35 PM
congrats :shrug:

not particularly worried, as long as she plays better :)

perseus2006
May 15th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Well done, Pova! Good match.

Kudos to X for hanging tough to the end. She played well!

vozas
May 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Is the next match tomorrow? Or Thursday?
Just taking it one at a time. Although realistically only a few matches are needed here for movement purposes.

Definitely on Thursday. Ivanovic isn't playing today.

Marilyn Monheaux
May 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
A win is a win. :shrug:

18majors
May 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Glad Maria got a tough match out of her system; wins will come easier from now on.

Trih
May 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Tough girl :rocker2:

lefty24
May 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Shit I completely forgot she had a match today!
Did she play ok?

WowWow
May 15th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I still remember watching Maria play Christina at the US Open a couple of years ago (it was during that Nike headband phase)—Christina has changed so much since then. Hopefully Maria can get the job done quickly. Good luck!

She played so good the first two rounds. Then Oudin happened:tape:

goldlion
May 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
28W/34UE is pretty good in 7/5 7/5 considering Mchale had similar stat.

Trih
May 15th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Shit I completely forgot she had a match today!
Did she play ok?

I saw the match here and there because I was quite busy, but for what I could see McHale was getting back everything Nadal-like :tape: she played very very good and she was up *5-3 in 1st, Masha came back and won 7-5. The second set was point to point, I'm happy about how Maria fought. :hearts:

18majors
May 15th, 2012, 02:26 PM
28W/34UE is pretty good in 7/5 7/5 considering Mchale had similar stat.

Christina played a top 10 quality match against Maria, glad Maria was patient and fought through.

goldlion
May 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
first match on real clay - good effort. mchale was getting back everything!!!

zigga
May 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Congrats for the win today Maria :yeah:
But please play better in the next rounds ;)

Maria Croft
May 15th, 2012, 03:21 PM
It was good enough for the win, that's what's important.

dsanders06
May 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I've been asleep since last Thursday evening........did I miss much?

rucolo
May 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Maria was so bad :tape: Thank God she won this mess of a match :lol:

This McFail is really annoying, moving extremely well, getting everything back.

Clay outdoors is really hard work for Maria. Her footwork/movement was horrible :help:

Kon.
May 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM
A win is a win indeed.
Maria was bad obviously but McHale was also very good, getting everything back and going for winners too.
It's R2, she could have had an easier opponent and she'd have won in easy sets most likely.
Having said that, I think she really needs to improve for her next match. Ana (probably) can be more difficult.

Fed_Ds
May 15th, 2012, 06:23 PM
:bounce: keep going, girl!!

Shivank17
May 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Happy that she got the job done in 2.

But she started off much better last year. :unsure: Hopefully she improves now on.

heelsrule1988
May 15th, 2012, 09:57 PM
No surprise at all that this was a toughie... Christina is legit and is our next big hope here in the women's game. I fully expect her to be in the top 10 within the next two years.

18majors
May 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Happy that she got the job done in 2.

But she started off much better last year. :unsure: Hopefully she improves now on.

Maria wasn't happy when she closed the match, back to hard training on off day tomorrow.

cowsonice
May 16th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I don't want Maria to win Rome. The Rome curse :tears:
(Winner of Rome never won RG)

Cherry.
May 16th, 2012, 06:23 AM
I don't want Maria to win Rome. The Rome curse :tears:
(Winner of Rome never won RG)Before this year winner of Sydney also never won AO in the same year. :shrug: There is never a "curse". It's the form and game that matter. Vika's performance in Sydney and AO is a good example.

Sha_ra_po_va
May 16th, 2012, 06:57 AM
well I know for a fact that in 1987 Steffi Graf won Rome, then RG a few weeks later, so...no curse!
(Interestingly, 25 years ago.....significant?)

claypova
May 16th, 2012, 07:23 AM
patterns and curses became irrelevant after Masha lost the 2010 French Open :zzz:

vozas
May 16th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Before this year winner of Sydney also never won AO in the same year. :shrug: There is never a "curse". It's the form and game that matter. Vika's performance in Sydney and AO is a good example.

Didn't Henin do it in 2004?

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
patterns and curses became irrelevant after Masha lost the 2010 French Open :zzz:

exactly. :tears:

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
yeah Henin did win Sydney and AO in 2004. :p

Steven.
May 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
petra cetkovska outplayed aga. so many nice rallies. masha is guaranteed another week at no. 2 and will be seeded 2nd for rg. :)

perseus2006
May 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Vika must have sighed in relief with Arad's looming threat removed.

madmax
May 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cetkovska did many good things today - saved the tour and prevented the danger of Fluffwanska getting closer to Maria's ranking spot too:cheer:

lefty24
May 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Guys I had such a bad dream about Maria last night. We were both watching some type of sport event. She spoke to everyone around her except me. And then we kept on going to the same place and she kept on ignoring me and I think she thought I was ugly. I thought it was weird that she thought I was ugly because I thought I have been lookin pretty lately. It was just a bad dream. Maybe it's because im in Florida.

zigga
May 16th, 2012, 12:45 PM

:sobbing:

vozas
May 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM

That's BFFrena's fault for winning the AO in an even year :sobbing::sobbing: always destroying her lover's dreams, even when it comes to cosmic patterns :sobbing:

18majors
May 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Maria is 7-1 against Petrova and 2-8 against Serena; yet Petrova just took 1st set from Serena, something Maria hasn't been able to do in forever. Tennis is irrational, to say the least.

Kon.
May 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Maria is 7-1 against Petrova and 2-8 against Serena; yet Petrova just took 1st set from Serena, something Maria hasn't been able to do in forever. Tennis is irrational, to say the least.

Tennis is very much about match-ups, I guess.

Petrova is so solid today. Funny thing she plays so well against Serena.
But Serena isn't making it too difficult today too.

MM_1257
May 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
The Glam match it is. :) I hope it is going to be a good match. And well, I am a fan of both so... :help:

vozas
May 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM
So Ana it is.

Hopefully it's gonna be a good match. They're capable of putting one hell of a show (or one hell of a shitfest :tape:)

Maria will need to step it up big time from the McHale match. And please NO MORE SERVING TO THE FOREHAND! Kick serves to the backhand all the time.

Two tough sets it will be.

18majors
May 16th, 2012, 04:54 PM
R3 with Ana, 2008 RG champ, should be a good 2012 RG preparation for Maria. It will be a tough match but a good one.

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Ana and Maria have lost the same number of games so far(10). Just that Ana has played 2 matches, and Maria only one. :tape:

Maria better improve, Ana can be tough. But I expect Maria to get this. :angel:

vozas
May 16th, 2012, 04:59 PM
To think this was supposed to be the rivalry of 2008 :sobbing: so much potential. Oh well.

zigga
May 16th, 2012, 05:02 PM
So Ana is Maria's next opponent. I think Maria in 2 tough sets :)

MM_1257
May 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
It may go both ways... 2 tough sets, 3 sets or a 2 sets loss... Can't predict. The conditions are bad in Rome, it is cold and windy - and that is bad more for Maria than for Ana. I haven't seen any of their matches in Rome so I do not know anything about their form...

vozas
May 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
The fighting gear has already kicked in after that 1st rounder against an inspired McHale. Ana played better but her opponents were hardly noteworthy.

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Pity now Sveta has become so bad that she is not a notable opponent when compared to McHale :hysteric: :crying2: :facepalm:

I just hope Maria doesn't bomb out so early here :tape:

JoPova
May 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
It'll be an extremely tough match! Hopefully she'll win, but I'm not that confident at all. It looks like Ana is playing great at the moment and clay is certainly a surface better suited to her than Maria! I still remember the thrashing she got in that RG SF! :hysteric:

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Sharapova vs Ivanovic, first match of the night session tomorrow, NB 7:30 PM on Center court.

pedropt
May 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
court 2 for Azarenka :spit:

Shivank17
May 16th, 2012, 06:21 PM
7 other WTA matches on TV courts but the World No.1 on Court 2. :spit:

pedropt
May 16th, 2012, 06:24 PM
It says "Possible Court Change" though, they'll probably put Li on Court 2 if Azarenka wins today :lol:

Kon.
May 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Sharapova vs Ivanovic, first match of the night session tomorrow, NB 7 PM on Center court.

Ugh, I can't watch it. :(

18majors
May 16th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Sharapova vs Ivanovic, first match of the night session tomorrow, NB 7 PM on Center court.

It's NB 7:30 PM.

http://it.internazionalibnlditalia.com/Schedules/Live-OOP.aspx

Mr.Sharapova
May 16th, 2012, 06:54 PM
It is Maria's time to shine :cheer:. Get that win gurl :angel:.

doooma6816
May 16th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Perfect time for me. It's gonna be tough match. This draw sucks.

Maria Croft
May 16th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Should be a good match.

I can't see Ivanovic winning if Maria is ready for this one.

Trih
May 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I hope to get to Rome in time to see the match on tv in the hotel. http://www.mmoeye.it/forum/images/smilies/afraid.gif

rucolo
May 16th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Cannot understand why she plays so GOAT at stuttgart then sucks at madrid and here :o

Maria loves playing indoors, perfect conditions for Maria in Stuttgart. Now back on red clay outdoors and a mess :help:

Ivanovic is very tough. Maria has to serve and move well. I am scared :scared:

TrollPova
May 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Wow, to think they hadn't played each other in 4 years since that AO Final is crazy to me. I hope their second match this year is better then Indian Wells and nobody retires! I really want Ana to continue her comeback and wish this match was happening in a later round. Oh well. Good luck tomorrow, Maria! Should be a great match and happy with either outcome =)

MashaFan01
May 16th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Dang!! - I'd so hoped that Nadja Petrova would have taken out Serena - that dam girl lost it in the second and third set - what a dam pity

18majors
May 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Dang!! - I'd so hoped that Nadja Petrova would have taken out Serena - that dam girl lost it in the second and third set - what a dam pity

Hope Maria plays Serena in Rome final, it will be a great preparation for Roland Garros.

Reptilia
May 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Love this matchup :drool: Gonna try get up early fo sure.

Crux Squall
May 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM
WTA @ WTA 5m
Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from the
@InteBNLdItalia due to a shoulder injury.

TrollPova
May 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM
wow, can't believe Azarenka withdrew! Doesn't seem to be a really lucky tournament for her, and I can't say I'm upset about this. Oh well!! Looks like we're gonna have Serena walk to the final. Really hope Maria faces her there

ziros
May 16th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Great chance for Maria to take the title with a few of the big names now out. I'd be surprised to see Serena get to the final,but you never know I guess...

goldlion
May 16th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Yes Ivanovic is good but it's up to Maria if she lets Ana do what she wants on court.

1. Ana has good soft net skills but if Maria doesn't give her time to prepare for those shots, one of her strokes is then elimated. Just see Indian Wells - if Maria's shots are penetrating the court and she gets inside, Ana barely has a chance.

2. Ana's serve is both of her advantage and disadvantage - she can either come up with an odd ace/angle with her werid ball toss or serve crap the entire match. Rarely I see her serve well these days and Maria has to take care of that ROS reasonably well to dictate play.

3. Ana isn't quite quick as she used to be and definitely isn't mobile as McHale. So Maria has to make sure the rallies are not long but effective on her groundstrokes.

4. Attack Ana's backhand - even in her glory days, her backhand has let her down badly on important matches because it's so unnatural and it's easy to read where she's gonna hit.

perseus2006
May 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM
I don't think anyone in the bottom half is going to play Pova tougher on clay than X did in the second round. Maybe Petra if she makes it but she doesn't seem on her game.

Ana should play a solid match but I don't think it will be enough to derail Pova.

The Top half has fallen completely apart! Wow! Vika has been having right arm problems from wrist to shoulder starting in Miami, maybe even IW. She's right to drop out. Hopefully she will skip RG, too, if that is required to heal fully. I wouldn't want her to experience a Pova-like shoulder problem.

Compare and contrast Serenka's Rome play v Nadia to Madrid play v Pova. Didn't seem like the same player!

atominside
May 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Ana has a good shot. maria hasnt played well at all since stuttgart. I don't even think she went for her serves in the Mchale match. She was basically spinning them in.

In indian wells, i thought ana's backhand stood up very well against maria. ana was just making errors of the forehand. This is a 50/50 match. If maria brings her stuttgart form it'll be a 6-2 6-3 easy win. If not, we'll have a close, tight, fugly match.

Lachy
May 17th, 2012, 01:02 AM
This is going to be a really tough match on clay for Maria. Hoping she wins it but also hoping that Ana makes it competitive and at least finishes the match off this time :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
May 17th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Last time they played on clay in the match that must not be named Maria won 3 games. :o It's time to avenge that. :armed: Let's go.

Trih
May 17th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Omg I just read that Vika is out for a shoulder injury, is it bad? :[
I just saw the result on the livescore earlier and it was "normal" (61 62) I didn't see this coming :[

Fed_Ds
May 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Last time they played on clay in the match that must not be named Maria won 3 games. :o It's time to avenge that. :armed: Let's go.

Davai! :bounce::cheer:

vozas
May 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
X9ulWHIaOM0#

Maria's forehand at 1:51 :worship: we tend to forget how dangerous that forehand is.

I don't know what to expect from this match. I have a feeling it'll be pretty anti-climactic if you ask me. Read that as you will.

vozas
May 17th, 2012, 09:41 AM
By the way, the upper half has completely fallen apart. Li Na is gonna make the finals after beating Serena. Book it.

Mr.Sharapova
May 17th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Maria will have to use her kick serve to Ana's backhand if she wants to hold her service games comfortably :shrug:.

Andy.
May 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
There is only one player I hate Maria losing to more than Ana so I'm super nervous about this one. Hopefully Masha can up her level, play a good match and most importantly....WIN!!!

Craig.
May 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM
What Andrew said. Maria if you lose this I'm disowning you. Kthxbye.

lefty24
May 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Sweet I'm staying home from Disney world so I get to watch most of the match.

Advantage Me
May 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Omg I just read that Vika is out for a shoulder injury, is it bad? :[
I just saw the result on the livescore earlier and it was "normal" (61 62) I didn't see this coming :[

I think Vika really didn't want to face Serena again. When did she injure her shoulder??

cautiouslip
May 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm really excited for this match, hopefully Maria will bring her A-game :cheer:

msharafan
May 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Good luck Maria! Venus beat stosur and she's playing well, hopefully Maria beats Ana and can then beat a Williams sister :-) vamos masha!!!

Mr.Sharapova
May 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Is Maria's match gonna start any time soon? Venus is onto the next round so we know who Maria's opponent will be if she beats Ana.

vozas
May 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
If Maria loses to Vinas :help: we'll never hear the end of it :sobbing:

DAVAI

Jack89
May 17th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Don't really like Ana, so yeah, please win Maria!

Hope Maria serves sensibily today. When I've watched Ana, i've noticed it pretty obvious whether she's going to return with her forehand or backhand. She really doesn't disguise it very well. So hopefully Maria reads Ana's return well and serves right.

lefty24
May 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Good luck Mariachka!

BuckJaysRock
May 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
how long til maria plays

Shivank17
May 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
in a little less than 1 hour.

vozas
May 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
how long til maria plays

50 minutes

BuckJaysRock
May 17th, 2012, 04:39 PM
thanks

dsanders06
May 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Not feeling good about this atall. Anci really brought it against her in Indian Wells (until she got stage-fright) :scared:

slamchamp
May 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
stream??

vozas
May 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Maria will never fold like a cheap tent against Ana. She only does that against Serena and Azarenka.

If she's being outplayed, she'll fight like hell and put one hell of a show.

slamchamp
May 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM
when does it start??

slamchamp
May 17th, 2012, 05:15 PM
oh in 15 minutes:o

Shivank17
May 17th, 2012, 05:22 PM
10 mins now.

I really want Maria to beat Vee, so pls beat Ana. :angel:

slamchamp
May 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM
she can meet Venus next?:unsure: Hard draw..but first Ana thatr is nooo piece of cake

Crux Squall
May 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Good Luck Maria

doomsday
May 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM
This draw is insane but whatever I just want good matches at this point.

heelsrule1988
May 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Match has started and WatchESPN still hasn't started streaming it yet! BLARRRRRRRGH

doomsday
May 17th, 2012, 05:42 PM
A mess of a serve :help:

madmax
May 17th, 2012, 05:43 PM
now I know why she hates starting the match serving...:haha:

doooma6816
May 17th, 2012, 05:43 PM
serve:help:

doooma6816
May 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
why is she playing so bad?:tape:

GrandMartha
May 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
looks like that good serving in Stuttgart was just a flash in the pan. She's back to being useless, folks :wavey:

doomsday
May 17th, 2012, 05:45 PM
looks like that good serving in Stuttgart was just a flash in the pan. She's back to being useless, folks :wavey:

I'm afraid you right.

doooma6816
May 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM

it's even worse. not only speed is bad but these DFs:help:

GrandMartha
May 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
not only does her serving suck, her ROS is crappy too :tape:

madmax
May 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
it's just her mandatory messy start folks

GrandMartha
May 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
3 DFs in a row :rolleyes:

pedropt
May 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
:weirdo:

doooma6816
May 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
what's happening? 4th DFs:tape: she hasn't served with great speed this year but she hasn't made so many DFs. And her groundstrokes are not better.

doomsday
May 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
it's just her mandatory messy start folks

She is too bad this set is already over.