PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for sore feet?

Kəv.
May 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I always get sore feet after I play. Any ideas? Is it because my shoes are too small?

flareon
May 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
might be, I mean trainers are always funny when it comes to sizes, I go one bigger than the normal shoe and that works for me...

the jamierbelyea
May 8th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Definitely see if there's a better fit for shoes out there. Shoes that don't fit can effect your movement double fold. Today I went to play, but forgot my usual tennis shoes, and had to wear a different pair of sneakers. Not only did my feet kill after, but my legs were effected because my movement was effected by not feeling comfortable on the shoes.

Trying soaking them in hot water when you get home it usually makes my feet feel amazing after.

Kəv.
May 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Ohk thanks :)

Grigorpova
May 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I always get sore feet after I play. Any ideas? Is it because my shoes are too small?

Do you do alot of sport or alot of hours playing tennis each week?

When I used to do tennis for about 5 hours a week plus representative football training and normal football training I got this weird foot disorder that required me to have inners in my shoes.

Kəv.
May 9th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Yeh I play approx 3 hours on Sundays, Mondays is 90 min Squad (probably 110 mins because we get there early to warmup) and i have like 80 mins on PE on Wednesdays.

Grigorpova
May 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yeh I play approx 3 hours on Sundays, Mondays is 90 min Squad (probably 110 mins because we get there early to warmup) and i have like 80 mins on PE on Wednesdays.

If this problem is occuring everytime you finish playing sport you may have to go see a podiatrist.

Is it so bad you're barely unable to walk? If it's just casual soreness than I think it's probably just normal and simple solutions like dipping feet in hot water as a poster above has said will be a good help to you.

Kəv.
May 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Yeh its soreness, is not that bad I cant walk.
And I do see a podiatrist because im flat footed..

anestoiter
May 9th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Search for product nestoiter gravity on amazon. It's a unique foot massaging system that will take care of issues you are facing, which is mostly running back and forth on flat walking surface. Your feet are aching because they don't get to stretch and bend as much as they need. It's one of those products that is not self-explanatory. Someone has to walk you through the steps. After the initial learning curve, you will be glad you did it. Let me know how I can help.
Alexander Nestoier-Gravity

Grigorpova
May 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Yeh its soreness, is not that bad I cant walk.
And I do see a podiatrist because im flat footed..

Same! :yeah:

I'm guessing you already have inners? I'll be very surprised if you don't.

Yoncé
May 10th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Flat footedness :rocker2:

Definitely see your podiatrist about it! Depending on what type of soreness and where it is it could be anything really. I had pain in my feet but it almost like a tearing/pulling pain in the ligaments on the sole of my foot and it was something weird but you'd want to go as soon as possible otherwise it could develop into a stress fracture depending what and how bad it is

Kəv.
May 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Its actually pain in my toes. (And some in the foot too)

And what are inners? :spit:

Yoncé
May 10th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I think he means like Orthotics

Kəv.
May 10th, 2012, 11:13 AM
^ Yeh I have those then.

anestoiter
May 10th, 2012, 12:42 PM
With flat foot, I'm surprised you play as much as you do. You sure will benefit from using my product. It will make the muscles and joints in your feet stronger and more flexible, but more important, it will provide your feet a place where they can flex and stretch in a way not possible on flat surface.

ArturoAce.
May 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Think it's just part of the game... Just get off your feet once you come home.

HowardH
May 11th, 2012, 11:14 AM
A little soreness is normal, but you have to judge for yourself what is acceptable. If you're posting about it I presume it's bothering you so it's probably a bit too sore.

The fit of the shoes is important. Sometimes it takes time to find the right shoes. If you think it might be too small it could well be your intuition telling you something.

Also try putting your feet for 15 min in an ice bath if you can handle the coldness. Some ice- not too much- in a wide bucket of water- aim for around 10 degrees C. If you don't have a bucket wide enough for both feet I suppose you could use two buckets. Have your upper body wrapped up warm, have a warm drink while you do it, and stretch and wiggle your toes and ankles when in the cold water. It's quite difficult to handle the coldness when you first do it- it's almost painful- but you get used to it. Ice baths in general are used by a lot of professional athletes to help recovery and reduce inflammation, and I think they help quite a bit.

Kəv.
May 11th, 2012, 11:55 AM

flareon
May 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I had flat foot but I used insoles and now I am fine it raised my foot up :)

lenusu
Jun 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
You may try changing your pair of shoes. I am quite sure it will help.

tammywilson52
Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
Add two spoon of salt in the warm water and soak your foot in that for 10 min you will feel relax.