PDA

View Full Version : Mutua Madrid Open 2012-Blue clay what?Serena who? Bring on the real clay!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shivank17
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/espn360/images/tn/atp/178826.jpg

Last Year's result:
R1: Def. Arantxa Rus 2-6 6-3 6-2
R2: Def. Ekaterina Makarova 6-3 3-6 6-1
R3: Lost to Dominika Cibulkova 5-7 4-6

2012 Results:
R1: Def. Irina-Camelia Begu 6-0 6-3
R2: Def. Klara Zakopalova 6-4 6-3
R3: Def. Safarova W/O
QFs v/s Serena Williams/Caroline Wozniacki.

http://www.madrid-open.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2011_Sharapova_2-640x372.jpg
Career W/L at Madrid: 4/2
Best performance at Madrid: QFs(2012)

Rerun
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
are we all sure shes gonna play it?
I mean the conditions are too different comparing to RG and Stutt. Madrid Rome and Paris...isnt too much for her standard?

Shivank17
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Its a Premier Mandatory. So I guess she HAS to play. Though she can skip it of course.

But the more matches, the better?!

Rerun
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
many matches are certainly better than few matches. but the more the better? I dont think so

JoPova
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I thought she would've tanked Stuttgart :lol: so my feelings are not to be trusted, but I think she may not want to go that deep in this tournament, which is really atipical (blue clay, altitude, still so many question marks about the surface).. I don't think she'll skip it, but she will probably play without caring too much. Rome's next after all!

Steven.
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
she has so many pts to gain here. go girl!!

edit: keep forgetting rome pts come off during madrid. she has too much to lose here. go girl!!!!!!

Shivank17
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
@Rerun: yeah I agree with you. I don't like Madrid in the first place anyway. :tape:
But I don't think you can skip a PM just like that. And I guess Maria would play here. :o

Crux Squall
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:46 AM
blue clay is some thing special and i think maria wont miss it. I want she gets a tough draw, maybe Barthel in early round

Shivank17
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I would actually like two easy opponents in the earlier rounds at least. :unsure:

The conditions at Madrid don't suit her, so playing easier opponents would actually get her some practice to defeat the tougher ones, IMO.

JoPova
Apr 30th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Will she have a BYE in the first round?

Steven.
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM
no byes in madrid. 64 players to round off the draw.

JoPova
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
^ Ok, thanks! I'm hoping for a kinder draw than the one she got in Stuttgart, so that she won't have to waste too many energies in the early rounds!

Reptilia
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
She lost a set to Rus last year? :tape:

I am really excited for this tournament... Can't wait to see the blue clay in action.

Maria rocks
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Maria will win this tournament. :)

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Maybe she decides to skip this :shrug: and have a go in Rome.

She won't reach back-to-back semis in Rome and Madrid that's for sure :shrug:.

Reptilia
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe she decides to skip this :shrug: and have a go in Rome.

She won't reach back-to-back semis in Rome and Madrid that's for sure :shrug:.

She has a week off.... Why would she skip a PM :rolleyes:

And I see no reason why she can't do well in both Rome and Madrid. Bitch looks as fit as ever to me :D

Maria Croft
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I don't think she'll do well here. The clay is far too fast here, and isn't anything like the clay at Rome or Roland Garros.
As far as I'm concerned she should just skip this one, but I guess she has to play it.

Mr.Sharapova
Apr 30th, 2012, 01:59 PM
She has a week off.... Why would she skip a PM :rolleyes:

And I see no reason why she can't do well in both Rome and Madrid. Bitch looks as fit as ever to me :D

She doesn't want to tire up ahead of the French :shrug:, and it's pointless in my opinion doing so.

She should play at Madrid and try to win it and then lose in the quarters of Rome or something :angel:.

Shivank17
Apr 30th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I rather have her lose in the QFs of Madrid or something and win Rome. :angel: Will be good for confidence as well going into RG.

Crux Squall
Apr 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM
She is a fighter, She never thought uhm i'm win this so I will lose that match. A fighter always fighting, no arrangements.
She will lose because on a bad day with the come back of UEPova or DFPova, not because of her arrangement

Advantage Me
Apr 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
She is a fighter, She never thought uhm i'm win this so I will lose that match. A fighter always fighting, no arrangements.
She will lose because on a bad day with the come back of UEPova or DFPova, not because of her arrangement

I agree. I don't think Maria ever enters a tournament to lose. She will do her best at all times. A it is, she doesn't play as many tournaments as some other girls e.g Caro Woz.

Child in Time
Apr 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Her website announces Madrid as her next tournament:)
I think she'll focus more on Rome though cause she's got more points to defend there. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the whole clay season cause CLAYpova rocks!!!

Charlatan
Apr 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
She gotta play Madrid since this is supposed to be a Premier Tournament.

I am sure she and her team will be wise enough to know what to do with the schedule ;) So no worries...Won't be surprised if she play maximum 3 matches and tank it like R3...well, also depends on the draw, too...so we'll see

madmax
Apr 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think she'll do well here. The clay is far too fast here, and isn't anything like the clay at Rome or Roland Garros.
As far as I'm concerned she should just skip this one, but I guess she has to play it.

why would fast conditions not suit her? Her serve will work wonders again and she will not have to slug it out from the baseline and drain her energy too much...

dsanders06
Apr 30th, 2012, 05:11 PM
A semifinal here would be very satisfying for me.

doooma6816
Apr 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I don't like this tournament but playing on blue clay will be definitely exciting. :cheer:
I hope she'll make at least QF, but Rome and RG are more important.
C'mon Masha!:d

ServeCaspian
Apr 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'd really want her to win one of them anyway. Even if she wins in Madrid. I'm sure she'd be fit enough for 2/3 matches in Rome then she could withdraw citing fatigue or some injury. She'd have a title and sufficient matches on real clay to refresh her memory ahead of RG.

Or 3/4 matches here would leave her fresh enough to do well in Rome again.

And this is the reason why Madrid is Mandatory on WTA, you think any of the real box office stars would play there if it was Rome that was Mandatory?

Trih
Apr 30th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I have no idea if blue clay is faster or slower compared to the red, I hope she does good anyway, but I'd prefer her to be 100% fit for Rome and RG and if that means not going too far in Madrid will be ok. ;)

perseus2006
Apr 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I think that when Pova enters a tournament she enters to win. No hedging or schemes looking forward to the next tournament. She will play Madrid and play it to win.

Then she will most likely follow her schedule and play Rome to win it, too.

It would be fantasstic for Pova to enter RG with three trophies alread in her bag.

18majors
Apr 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I think that when Pova enters a tournament she enters to win. No hedging or schemes looking forward to the next tournament. She will play Madrid and play it to win.

Then she will most likely follow her schedule and play Rome to win it, too.

It would be fantasstic for Pova to enter RG with three trophies alread in her bag.

No doubt about it, you're absoulutely right.

zigga
Apr 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Can't wait to see Maria on blue clay :)
And I'm pretty positive she will play there and will try her best to win it. Some peolpe also thought she would tank Stuttgart and we all saw how this turned out :cheer:
So I'm hoping for another great result for Maria, but I realise that conditions in Madrid aren't the best suited for Maria (she's got 1st round there in 2010 and 3rd round last year).

Kon.
Apr 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I really look forward to this tournament now.
I don't think Maria should tank it or something. Even though I don't particularly like it I'd love a deep run here.
Some points would be great to compensate for any points she doesn't defend in Rome. Still Rome's more important.
Good luck Maria :cheer:

Jack89
Apr 30th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Don't really like the Madrid tournament. Think it tries too hard to be relevant, plus it doesn't really play like RG. Much prefer Rome.

That being said, still want her to have a good result here. Draw could be interesting though, what with Serena being #9.

Advantage Me
Apr 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Maria plays well when she is more relaxed. There were no expectations or hype from the media. Even the bookies expected Vika to beat her so she proved everyone wrong. It is when the pressure is on her to win that she gets too uptight on court and she makes all those DFs and UEs. Last year, after she won Rome there was so much hype from the media saying she was the favourite to win RG and Wimby. That itself was a lot of pressure going into a tournament. It seemed to me she was really relaxed and happy from the beginning of this tournament in Stuttgart

faboozadoo15
May 1st, 2012, 05:41 AM
It will be interesting to see how she does here. Does the pressure build now that she's a clay favorite? Or does she relax and play just as well, knowing she's already gotten good preparation and snatched some wigs along the way?

This tournament is absolutely abysmal compared to Roma. I hope she gets a cakewalk in Madrid and stays fresh for RG and Roma. A loss here wouldn't disappoint me much.

doomsday
May 1st, 2012, 08:00 AM
Maria plays well when she is more relaxed. There were no expectations or hype from the media. Even the bookies expected Vika to beat her so she proved everyone wrong. It is when the pressure is on her to win that she gets too uptight on court and she makes all those DFs and UEs. Last year, after she won Rome there was so much hype from the media saying she was the favourite to win RG and Wimby. That itself was a lot of pressure going into a tournament. It seemed to me she was really relaxed and happy from the beginning of this tournament in Stuttgart

Kinda true but at the same time, Vika was also the overwhelming favorite in IW and that didn't help Maria a bit. There was no pressure at all over there too but she still lost and played a crappy match.
In Stuttgart she was just the better player on the surface, her serve was there and that really helped her to be relaxed and destroy Vika in the final.

shaktincredible
May 1st, 2012, 01:29 PM
she's already won Rome, so i prefer her to win Madrid instead :lol:

RG trophyyyy is what matter anyway :hysteric:

ServeCaspian
May 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'm one of the few people here who think Masha played well at RG up until that SF, barring R2 of course.

And I think she was very relaxed the whole way through the tournament, I think she just loves the challenge of clay w/o thinking too much about the pressure etc. associated with clay-court tournaments.

Plus after all the shitty results and matches she played, I think she's proving something more to herself than the media.

she's already won Rome, so i prefer her to win Madrid instead :lol:

RG trophyyyy is what matter anyway :hysteric:

That's the only reason why I'd want her to win Madrid, although simply because Rome plays more like RG it would be more beneficial to win there.

18majors
May 1st, 2012, 02:39 PM
Maria may not win Madrid but who is there to beat her? Petra or Serena? Anyone else?

vozas
May 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Why don't the conditions in Madrid suit here :shrug:? She was playing crap last year until Rome changed everything, and in 2010 she had an elbow injury from Indian Wells or something, hence the early exits.

The balls fly with the altitude, which is great for Maria's serve and winners, and they're slowed down once they hit the court, which is also great for her ROS. Only difference from Stuttgart is it's played outdoors...

She "only" played 3 matches in Stuttgart. I don't think she'll tank Rome nor Madrid, even if she wins Madrid, because winning the tournament is the reason why she's flying there.

Plus, I want another re-match with Extremely Injured ASAP :drool:

Charlatan
May 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
The only thing that I am slightly worried is how her serve will hold up outdoors, with conditions a bit hampering her serves...hope she can keep it up, though

if she can serve all the way like she did in stuttgart, that'd be :drool:

ServeCaspian
May 1st, 2012, 07:57 PM
LOL I like Extremely Injured better than Fakerenka.

Madrid last year was when Maria started to serve well again so I hope it can improve even more from Stuttgart, however the wind there can be :tape:

vozas
May 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM
Well, at least to me, one of the most remarkable improvements in her game that I noticed right away in Australia was her serve. She was just too solid, especially in the Hampton and Kerber matches where it was very windy. The motion she's been using this year has been very, very effective, and close to what it was in 2007/2008. Watching highlights from 2011 matches really allowed me to see how awkward that service motion was last year, what with that wonky halt with the racquet next to her body during the ball toss.

Qetusi
May 1st, 2012, 08:20 PM
Why don't the conditions in Madrid suit here :shrug:? She was playing crap last year until Rome changed everything, and in 2010 she had an elbow injury from Indian Wells or something, hence the early exits.

The balls fly with the altitude, which is great for Maria's serve and winners, and they're slowed down once they hit the court, which is also great for her ROS. Only difference from Stuttgart is it's played outdoors...

She "only" played 3 matches in Stuttgart. I don't think she'll tank Rome nor Madrid, even if she wins Madrid, because winning the tournament is the reason why she's flying there.

Plus, I want another re-match with Extremely Injured ASAP :drool:

Right, + in 2010 she faced Safarova, who was on fire and was playing realy good tennis
in 2011 our '' cow on ice'' was geting better :lol: and the same here Cibulkova on clay isn't the last person , after beating Maria she lost to Kvitova in 3 , so played good as well

now Maria is in a different position, she is one of the favorites, plays realy well , so why not
the most important for her is to stay healthy, she has game , ranking, confidence - everything she needs to win

Just do it Masha, DAVAI :kiss:

18majors
May 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Right, + in 2010 she faced Safarova, who was on fire and was playing realy good tennis
in 2011 our '' cow on ice'' was geting better :lol: and the same here Cibulkova on clay isn't the last person , after beating Maria she lost to Kvitova in 3 , so played good as well

now Maria is in a different position, she is one of the favorites, plays realy well , so why not
the most important for her is to stay healthy, she has game , ranking, confidence - everything she needs to win

Just do it Masha, DAVAI :kiss:

Yes, if Maria stays healthy, everything else will fall into place beautifully.

pedropt
May 1st, 2012, 09:15 PM
A semifinal here would be very satisfying for me.

Not if her opponent is Radwanska :o

ServeCaspian
May 1st, 2012, 11:34 PM
Not if her opponent is Radwanska :o

I'm not joking, I've been thinking about this since Miami. If Masha dares let her away without handing her a bagle set on clay, I just... :o

vozas
May 2nd, 2012, 12:01 AM
That Miami final really was one of the most bizarre moments I've ever witnessed in tennis.

Charlatan
May 2nd, 2012, 12:20 AM
really, i am not going to go a butthurt rant over that pathetic miami final...so many things to look forward to

plus, queen vulture stans like 'you know who' would probably always be lurking under our legendary siren, so better not give their gloating ass any pleasure by talking about it ;)

dsanders06
May 2nd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Maybe we should be thankful that she lost to Radwanska though. Judging by how Maria played in Stuttgart, the disgrace and humiliation of losing to that thing must have lit a fire under her ass and convinced her to work 10 times as hard :happy:

ServeCaspian
May 2nd, 2012, 02:48 AM
We should officially make this forum a bitch fest. We all know the lurkers, and they can't say shit if we do. Against rules to invade the sub-forums :oh:

Get them banned :cheer:

Craig.
May 2nd, 2012, 03:18 AM
Eww, I just remembered Madrid is played on blue clay this year :tape:

Reptilia
May 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Maybe we should be thankful that she lost to Radwanska though. Judging by how Maria played in Stuttgart, the disgrace and humiliation of losing to that thing must have lit a fire under her ass and convinced her to work 10 times as hard :happy:

:hysteric:

Agree though. Everything happens for a reason.

Shivank17
May 2nd, 2012, 07:11 AM

Well I guess everything happens for good. :lol:

I can't wait for Maria-Ratwanska match up next. :o Some Aga fans. :facepalm: But then again, hopefully not in Madrid(unless Masha plays well there unlike last two years.)

vozas
May 2nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
Losing to pushers is proving to be a great wake up call for our old school champions. Serena also turned her GOAT mode on in Charleston after losing to Kaman in Miami.

gc-spurs
May 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
I know everyone is saying things like 'I'll be happy with a semi', but my expectations have raised- I expect a final. She should at least play to her ranking.

Thats the thing about Maria this year- she's beating everyone she's supposed to. She's not going out to KDK in a first rounder anymore.

JamieOwen3
May 2nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
I like the blue clay :shrug: It will definitely be better for a viewer at home I think.

Qetusi
May 2nd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Mutua Madrid Open @MutuaMadridOpen

"It's unique". -Maria Sharapova describing the Mutua Madrid Open's new blue clay courts after her 1st training session

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2547/ar5uzgciaamj8c.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/404/ar5uzgciaamj8c.jpg/)

Shivank17
May 2nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Looks real good. :hearts:

ServeCaspian
May 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Maybe she'll be the blue clay GOAT?

vozas
May 2nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hm, "unique"... Now that's what I call insightful :o

Charlatan
May 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM
at least, it's something new :cheer:
can't wait to see her on blue clay :rocker2:

Lucas_Arg
May 2nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Well she won AO the first year they went blue...
COSMIC PATTERN ?!?!

*Nefertiti*
May 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Imagine if roland garros goes fuchsia.

perseus2006
May 2nd, 2012, 09:09 PM
W is checking on blue grass, surely!

ServeCaspian
May 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM

@serenawilliams
Tomorrow is #serenafriday hope u have questions ready!

@TennisReporters
@serenawilliams Tomorrow is Thursday Serena, even in Madrid:)

Trih
May 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM

@serenawilliams
Tomorrow is #serenafriday hope u have questions ready!

@TennisReporters
@serenawilliams Tomorrow is Thursday Serena, even in Madrid:)

Well actually she tweeted it at "12:10 AM - 3 May 12" CET (Madrid and Rome) so technically tomorrow IS friday. :lol:

ServeCaspian
May 2nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Damn Cronin was wrong. I wanted to be able to claim Rena didn't know the days of the week.

Charlatan
May 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
:haha:

lefty24
May 2nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
Damn Cronin was wrong. I wanted to be able to claim Rena didn't know the days of the week.

Cronin should listen to some Rebbeca Black. :tape:

and I'm so excited for the blue clay! It looks so pretty. It's Maria's favorite color so hopefully she's gonna like it.

hobahobaspirit
May 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
A lot of players (Verdasco, Raonic) have confirmed it : the surface is slower and the bounce is lower. It might be goods news for Maria

ServeCaspian
May 2nd, 2012, 11:27 PM
I hope it is, but the higher bounce on clay leaves the ball to be smacked from opponents like Vika and Aga. Maybe the bounce was just too high last year and now is more in line with the other clay courts?

Steven.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:41 AM
A lot of players (Verdasco, Raonic) have confirmed it : the surface is slower and the bounce is lower. It might be goods news for Maria

fan-fucking-tastic! Better chance for Maria to win more matches than previous years.

Vodkapova
May 3rd, 2012, 02:31 AM
She always sucked at Madrid in the past IDK why. :lol: Hopefully she changes that this year. :cheer:

tennis-insomniac
May 3rd, 2012, 03:47 AM
All the best luck to Sharapova and her sliding ability on clay.

I'd hope to see her go deep in the draw and challenge the top players again, avenging Radwanska would be nice but I'll take whatever she can give.

vozas
May 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
The bounce is lower? Lower than what they were last year? That's good news for Maria's serve. It's also good news for defending champion Petra though...

claypova
May 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Maria please win this :hearts:

I don't want Aga as #2

Rerun
May 3rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
I dont think playing here just to defend the number 2 is whort
She better focus on slams and her training

vozas
May 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
So even if Maria beats Extremely Injured in the final, there will be no change in their rankings, right? I really don't want Maria at the top :scared:

Andy.
May 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
So pumped for this event and the rest of the clay season!!!

Sharapovian
May 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
So even if Maria beats Extremely Injured in the final, there will be no change in their rankings, right? I really don't want Maria at the top :scared:

Aren't Rome points coming off next week? So basically Maria will be defending her Rome points in Madrid. Think she'll have to win at least one of the two, and do well in the other to have a chance to reach #1.

Or Vika would have to do really bad in both :lol:

Madrid points came off this week (a week earlier), that's how Radwanska will be #3 and why Petra will drop to #4.

But yeah I agree, even though it would be nice for Maria to reach number one, I'd rather she do it with a slam if it were to happen.

shaktincredible
May 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
So pumped for this event and the rest of the clay season!!!

YES. winning RG title and grab #1 spot will be :drool:

shaktincredible
May 3rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
She always sucked at Madrid in the past IDK why. :lol: Hopefully she changes that this year. :cheer:

Maria always sucked at MADRID and BEIJING

hope this year will be different :hysteric:

Andy.
May 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Im nervously excited for RG. I want her to win it so badly it almost makes me feel sick.

18majors
May 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Im nervously excited for RG. I want her to win it so badly it almost makes me feel sick.

Maria isn't going to stay on the tour forever, just treasure and enjoy every match she plays.

shaktincredible
May 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
when the draw for Madrid is coming out anyway?? i hope she stay away from player like Venus, barthel, or Kerber in 2nd or 3rd round.

Kon.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Draw is out tomorrow.
If she's even in the two thirds of the good form she was in Stuttgart I think she'll surely do better than last year

NashaMasha
May 3rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
when the draw for Madrid is coming out anyway?? i hope she stay away from player like Venus, barthel, or Kerber in 2nd or 3rd round.

for Masha the more tough draw the better

In AO in 2008 she had Davenport in Round 2

vozas
May 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Yes. Maria sucks with cakewalks. I'm all for early round tests against decent pushers like Kerber or big servers like Barthel. It's also SO much more satisfying. Just look at her draw from hell in Stuttgart; it made winning the title feel 100x sweeter :)

Shivank17
May 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
I want her to have 2 easy/moderate matches because she hasn't done well in Madrid before.

Steven.
May 3rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
i wouldn't mind a match with kerber. She needs to slay that bitch :armed:

edit: actually they can't even meet until the QF (Lisicki and Petkovic out, Kerber moves to 12th seed).

Charlatan
May 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
I dont think playing here just to defend the number 2 is whort
She better focus on slams and her training

This! Having said that, I don't think it'd hurt her to have more matches under her belt before heading to RG

Mistress of Evil
May 3rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Make the semis, please! :cheer:

madmax
May 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Maria always sucked at MADRID and BEIJING

hope this year will be different :hysteric:

well, keeping in mind that she's always either injured or sick during the asian vulture season, it's quite understandable...:lol:

vozas
May 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah no one gives a rat's ass about October Vulture Season, especially Flopjing. Love how Maria always tanks it :worship:

Reptilia
May 4th, 2012, 03:30 AM
I'm excited for the draw!

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Where is the draw? or in Madrid 2pm will be in 15 minutes?

doooma6816
May 4th, 2012, 12:05 PM
draw ceremony is now or when?

lefty24
May 4th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I want Stosur on the other side of the draw. Maybe Serena too, I would rather her face Serena in Rome.

denny5576
May 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM
draw ceremony is now or when?

now

Mistress of Evil
May 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Got Serena into the quaters. :sobbing:

Crux Squall
May 4th, 2012, 12:25 PM
From GM
Serena could face Sharapova in the Quarterfinal.

Top half: Azarenka, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, Kerber, Venus, Li Na, Radwanska, Cibulkova, Schiavone, Bartoli.
Bottom half: Stosur, Zvonareva, Kirilenko, Kvitova, Wozniacki, Serena, Jankovic, Sharapova

Li vs Muguruza
Kvitova vs Erakovic
Sharapova vs Begu
Bartoli vs Cirstea
Azarenka vs KUZNETSOVA! :lol:

Venus vs Simona Halep
Serena vs Vesnina

Angelique vs Venus possible second round

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Got Serena into the quaters. :sobbing:

perfect:)

Andy.
May 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Bring it on!

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
It looks like another tough draw fpr Maria. :hysteric: How can you all be so optimistic about her chances against Serena? She's going to win 5 games at most IMO! :hysteric: But before thinking about that, there are other opponents! :rocker2:

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 12:54 PM
How can you all be so optimistic about her chances against Serena? She's going to win 5 games at most IMO! But before thinking about that, there are other opponents!

I was optimistic before Stuttgart final , despite 0-4 in a row .... The Pova's game does matter, not previous statistics

Steven.
May 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
R3: Jankovic 6-1
QF: S. Williams 2-7 / Wozniacki 4-2
SF: Kvitova 3-2 / Stosur 10-1

tough only because of Serena...

claypova
May 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
The only person I don't care Maria losing to is Serena cos it's NID

so I'm okay with the draw. good luck Maria :cheer:

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM
R3: Jankovic 6-1
QF: S. Williams 2-7 / Wozniacki 4-2
SF: Kvitova 3-2 / Stosur 10-1

tough only because of Serena...

for Serena tough because of Caro :lol:

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I was optimistic before Stuttgart final , despite 0-4 in a row .... The Pova's game does matter, not previous statistics

Yes, but this happened in a short amount of time (2011-2012). Maria's H2H against Serena goes back to 2004 and she has always lost to her, even before surgery (except for those two great results in 2004). Have they ever played on clay though?

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Charleston 2008 7-5 4-6 6-1, the only one match on clay , looks more competitive than matches on hard

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Charleston 2008 7-5 4-6 6-1

;) True! Forgot about that match! Maria was playing very well back then and still lost to her! :hysteric: The fact is that Serena turns into GOAT mode every time she faces Maria! :help:

Qetusi
May 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Charleston 2008 7-5 4-6 6-1, the only one match on clay , looks more competitive than matches on hard

+ Masha was leading 5-3 in the 1 set and serving at 5-4 :tape:

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 01:03 PM
+ Masha was leading 5-3 in the 1 set and serving at 5-4 :tape:

It must have been so painful to watch! :hysteric:

Crux Squall
May 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
;) True! Forgot about that match! Maria was playing very well back then and still lost to her! :hysteric: The fact is that Serena turns into GOAT mode every time she faces Maria! :help:

+1 Her serve is really well againts Maria :sad:

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 01:07 PM
+1 Her serve is really well againts Maria :sad:

Wimbledon 2010 :help: 19 aces or something like that in a 2-set-match!

Steven.
May 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
matches she should've won vs. Serena:
AO05
Charleston 08
and she was better off the ground than Serena in Wimbledon 2010

and if she had won those matches, the h2h would've been 5-4 in maria's favour :sobbing:

NashaMasha
May 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM
they 've never played on blue clay , so it is hard to predict the outcome:D

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Tough draw :cheer:. Thank god. I'm more optimistic knowing that she has tough draws nowadays rather than cakewalks :angel:.

Bring it on :cheer:. Can't wait to see her first match here just to see whether her form from last week is still there :angel:.

Crux Squall
May 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Draw
http://www.madrid-open.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Femenino-Singles.pdf

R1: Begu
R2: Zakopalova/Benesova
R3: Kanepi/Safarova/Jankovic
QF: Serena/Barthel/Wozniacki
SF: Kvitova/Stosur
F:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Just make the Quarters Martha. :yeah:

And win 6 games against Rena. :angel:

claypova
May 4th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I want her to make the SFs :cheer:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
R3 vs Kanepi/ Safarova :scared: / JJ

that's tough too. :o :scared:

Safarova had beaten Maria in straights at Madrid R1 two years back. :o
But then again Martha had just come back from the elbow injury then.

Steven.
May 4th, 2012, 01:28 PM
she's gunna win the title destroying 4 former top 2 players in a row :drool:

Crux Squall
May 4th, 2012, 01:29 PM
I want Kanepi - Sharapova and Barthel - Serena match

Mr.Sharapova
Wozniacki won't get through her second match here :yeah:.

Should we be worried about Maria's first round opponent? Begu is a decent clay court player, she even won a title on clay as far as I can recall :scratch:!.

She will probably face Benesova in her 2nd match :shrug:, she should get through that easily.

Jankovic won't make it past the 2nd round either me thinks, I can definitely see Safarova being Maria's 3rd round opponent :angel:.

Barthel is my pick to go through to the quarters here. Stosur will most definitely make the Semis :angel:.

shaktincredible
tough draw :(

while Vika get the cakewalk one :sobbing:

where is Radwanska??? why she's always in the other side of the draw??
i want maria doing her revenge ASAP :hysteric:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Begu made the Semis at Acapulco this year. (l. to Pennetta.)

And also Quarter-Finalist at Fes. (Sveta retired in her R2 against Begu.)

But also lost R1 @ Barcelona and most recently at Budapest this week that too to Alberta Brianti in 3 sets. Maria should get her in 2. :unsure:

Trih
May 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I don't see it that bad until SF, except Serena.
Kvitova and Stosur are easier than Radwanska imho, but Li would have been easier than the first two.

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Kvitova and Stosur easier than Ratwanska on clay? :weirdo:

No way, and Kvitova is also the defending champ.

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
This is the 3rd time this year(AO and Miami) that Serena and Maria are placed in the same half of the draw. But previously both the times Serena lost a round before. :oh: And Martha took her lover's revenge. :p I wonder if Mona can beat Rena, she sure has the talent though.

doooma6816
May 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Tough draw...but she should make QF...then I don't know. Serena has Barthel...

JoPova
May 4th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Definitely a tough draw! I don't have high expectations! As far as I'm concerned she can even tank this and defend her Rome title! :hearts: But I'm biased, since i'll be going there to follow the tournament live! :cheer:

Anyway, Safarova/Kanepi will be tough, so I hope Jankovic will make it to the third round! :lol:

FlopPoova
May 4th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Wow, this is another tough draw. Of course Azarenka gets Radwanska again, but I'd love to see Azarenka/Venus in the quarters. Maria should make it to the quarters barring trouble from Kanepi/Safarova. I definitely don't see Jankovic as a problem anymore. Not so sure Wozniacki is gonna even reach it to her third round match with Serena because of Barthel. This is definitely the toughest quarter in my opinion. I would love to see Maria play Serena on clay, or Barthel just to see how they match up against each other. I'll be happy with a loss in the quarters so she can get her butt to Rome and try defending that title. But of course I want her to play her best, and if she plays like she did in Stuttgart and handles the outdoor conditions, then maybe we'll all be surprised again =p

MM_1257
May 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I am a bit worried... The draw is quite difficult, all the players keep saying that the clay is too slippery... Serena will get to the QF me thinks. As for Maria - we shall see.

madmax
May 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I think either Barthel or Julia Gorgeous will reach quarters from Masha's section...as for Pova herself, I don't have big expectations for her in this event and she doesn't seem to do well here historically either. Win some matches and then defend Rome please:cheer:

Lucas_Arg
May 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Madrid could potentally be indoors, plus the surface is fast, light balls and low bounce. All these conditions suit Maris-s game so much that she really should make it all the way and not tank it as I've read here.
Just hoping kaman to take out Ree once again.

vozas
May 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Tough draw, but that's when she plays her best tennis. Hopefully she's motivated to play Jameka in the QFs.

Safarova could be trouble, but if she gets past Serena I'm pretty sure she'll be taking her second consecutive clay title of the year.

Trih
May 4th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Actually I've read the blue clay is slower than the usual red clay... :unsure:

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
This is time for proverbial "one match at a time". Can't wait to see Maria again!

lefty24
May 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I hope she makes it to the QF's at least!

I wouldn't mind her losing to Serena, especially since Rome is next so she can get there early.
I of course want her to slay Serena, but as long the match isn't really close I wouldn't be too upset.

vozas
May 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
This is time for proverbial "one match at a time". Can't wait to see Maria again!

This, more than anything else :)

Maria Croft
May 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Not liking this draw at all. But I wasn't expecting much for this tournament anyway.
I'm more interested in Rome and of course, Roland Garros.

Mistress of Evil
May 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Well, quaters shall it be. :)

ServeCaspian
May 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Im quite optimistic about masha vs rena on clay although until I see ho the courts play and how she plays on them, i Id still prefer the match to be on the RG or Rome clay courts. BTW sis fucked up my laptop so unjess sorted ASAP I wont be on much, on PS3 ATM just too much hassle. Good luck Masha :cheer:

Charlatan
May 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hmm, yet another tough draw...would be nice to get to QF and just be a little bit competitive against Serena in QF :yeah:
that's all I ask for...good thing she meets serena in QF, which means the loss is NID :p so she can bring her ass earlier to Rome and get some rest since Madrid and Rome are back to back tours

just serve and play well, mashenka :cheer:

vozas
May 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I'll be shocked if the winner is someone other than Maria or Serena. All 7 (:sobbing:) times Serena beat Maria she went on to win the tournament, while a win from Maria against Serena after 8 (:sobbing::sobbing:) years, riding the momentum of having just dismissed Azarenka in a final, should give Maria more than enough confidence to slay Petra and Victoria back to back again.

Or maybe they'll brainfart and lose to Wozniacki and Begu :lol:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 05:04 PM
^^ All two times Maria beat Rena, she won the tourney. :oh: :p ( both were finals though. ) :p

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
When will she play her first match?

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Begu is a big girl from Romania, she is an ideal 1st round opponent for Maria.

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM

None of the top 4 seeds play tomorrow, Maria will start no earlier than on Sunday, May 6.

This is a tight tournament; to win the tournament, top 4 seeds need to win 6 matches in 7 or 8 days.

Qetusi
May 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM

She is not in tomorrow's schedule, so I think on sunday or Monday

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
None of the top 4 seeds play tomorrow, Maria will start no earlier than on Sunday, May 6.

This is a tight tournament; to win the tournament, top 4 seeds need to win 6 matches in 7 or 8 days.

She is not in tomorrow's schedule, so I think on sunday or Monday

Sunday is perfect for me, hopefully her match will be streamed :angel:.

Charlatan
May 4th, 2012, 05:58 PM
is there gonna be an off-day between each round or something like IW, Miami and slams? or players have to play consecutive days like Rome? :unsure:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 05:59 PM
^ consecutive days. :o

doomsday
May 4th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Wooow this is insane. I really hope she will try her best here but I think she has more chances to win Rome than Madrid so if she bombs out early there it's not a big deal she will focus on Rome. I'm not sure any player will make great results at both Madrid and Rome this is simply too difficult.

lefty24
May 4th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Wooow this is insane. I really hope she will try her best here but I think she has more chances to win Rome than Madrid so if she bombs out early there it's not a big deal she will focus on Rome. I'm not sure any player will make great results at both Madrid and Rome this is simply too difficult.

Plus If they do well in Both they will probably be very tired for RG.

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Plus If they do well in Both they will probably be very tired for RG.

It isn't as bad as it looks, there is one week break between Rome and Roland Garros.

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Props on Safina for winning Rome and Madrid back-to-back and then making the French Open final :worship:.

Qetusi
May 4th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Props on Safina for winning Rome and Madrid back-to-back and then making the French Open final :worship:.

and she was in stuttgart final to, lost to Sveta
reached WIMB SF as well

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM

It's a shame that Safina didn't win the right 2 out 3. Hope Maria wins the correct 2 out 3 this year.

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM
reached WIMB SF as well

IKR :eek::worship:. Too much stress on one's body though. Hopefully Maria won't attempt to do this :angel:.

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 06:56 PM
It's a shame that Safina didn't win the right 2 out 3. Hope Maria wins the correct 2 out 3 this year.

When Safina was on it was such a joy to watch on clay :angel:.

vozas
May 4th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Sorry but I won't share the Safina love. I thought her game and the grunts that ensued to be hideous and painful to watch/hear.

Maria looked as fresh as ever after the epic against Stosur in Stuttgart. I believe she can go deep in all three remaining clay tournaments.

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Sorry but I won't share the Safina love. I thought her game and the grunts that ensued to be hideous and painful to watch/hear.

Maria looked as fresh as ever after the epic against Stosur in Stuttgart. I believe she can go deep in all three remaining clay tournaments.

I won't worry about Maria's game anymore, she can beat any players on any draws. However, the one thing that can't be taken for granted is her health and her condition.

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 07:04 PM
:sobbing: don't bring the 2009 Dinara year back to my mind. :sobbing: Stuttgart Finals, Rome W , Madrid W and RG Finals left brains at home. :sobbing: :bigcry:

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 07:05 PM
reached WIMB SF as well

and then broke her back. :sobbing: :facepalm:

Lucas_Arg
May 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
She will have days off. Mo and We if she reachs the final

Charlatan
May 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM

pff..that effing sucks...there is no way her body can handle back to back matches for 6 consecutive days (if she even makes the final), plus, there is Rome right after Madrid...

i hope she is aware of that, too...now get to QF...that's it...

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
I wonder if she plays her 1st Round match on Sunday, she may get Monday off. :unsure:

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I wonder if she plays her 1st Round match on Sunday, she may get Monday off. :unsure:

Maria will get 2 days off if she starts on Sunday, 1 day off if she starts on Monday.

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah.

Just realized.
So I guess its like:
Sat-Mon: RD 1
Tue-Wed: RD 2
Thursday:RD 3
Friday: QFs
Sat: Semis
Sunday: Finals. ?

Qetusi
May 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I don't worry about it
Masha and her team won't risk her health , especially after 2008 shoulder injury, It was very tough leasson

Fighterpova
May 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Serena Maria QF, NID :lol:

In EVERY single event they both attend they are in each other's half of the draw:

FO 2010(Same Quarter)
W 2010(Same R16)
Serena's injury
W 2011(Same Half)
Stanford 2011(Same Quarter)
Toronto 2011(Same Quarter)
Cincy 2011(Same Quarter)
USO 2011(ONLY tourney that they were on opposite halfs)
AO 2012(Same Quarter)
Miami 2012(Same Half)
Madrid 2012(Same Quarter)

Draws are random? :worship:

Fighterpova
May 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Anyway, looking forward to Madrid. Maria is playing great and a match between her and Serena would be nice. I think Masha would be able to make it competitive like in WImby 2010 because she's in great form and has been better than Serena on red clay lately.

Mr.Sharapova
May 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM

When she was on tour I though and considered her to be a bitch :oh:, but after she retired and after seeing how much she was missed especially by me since I used to watch matches of her once in a while then I really changed my mind and I definitely consider her one of the best clay court players the tour had in the past decade :shrug:.

18majors
May 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Anyway, looking forward to Madrid. Maria is playing great and a match between her and Serena would be nice. I think Masha would be able to make it competitive like in WImby 2010 because she's in great form and has been better than Serena on red clay lately.

This is a Fighterpova that I'm not familiar with.

doomsday
May 4th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Tell me about it.

Shivank17
May 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM

Usually his/her post would have been like, "I hope Maria can win at least more than 2 games against Rena." :lol:

but Martha usually won matches when he/she said stuff like that. :tears:

doooma6816
May 4th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Usually his/her post would have been like, "I hope Maria can win at least more than 2 games against Rena." :lol:

but usually won matches when he/she said stuff like that. :tears:

exactly, it's not good when she is saying optimistic things. :lol:

lefty24
May 4th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I always get confused with fighterpova and ilovemaria.

pedropt
May 4th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Really interesting draw for sure. It can be tricky from the very first round, but I expect Maria to reach QF without much trouble. Then it gets even more interesting, I love matches between Maria and other top players, especially when we are talking about Serena. It will obviously be tough, but avoiding her forever doesn't really solve the problem and I'm pretty sure Maria thinks the same. Bring it on!

Reptilia
May 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I always get confused with fighterpova and ilovemaria.

Pretty sure its the same poster :lol: He just changed his username

Cherry.
May 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I always get confused with fighterpova and ilovemaria.:lol: It's the same person. He changed his username from ilovemaria to fighterpova.

Cherry.
May 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Don't get it why some of you are scared of Kanepi/Safarova? :confused: Of course both can be tough when on but neither has been playing particular good recently. And we all know what form Masha was having when she lost to Safarova 2 years ago. :o Bring on the revenge. :devil:
Anyways I'm okay with a QF.

Advantage Me
May 4th, 2012, 11:53 PM
pff..that effing sucks...there is no way her body can handle back to back matches for 6 consecutive days (if she even makes the final), plus, there is Rome right after Madrid...

i hope she is aware of that, too...now get to QF...that's it...

I wouldn't worry too much. Maria herself said she is now physically stronger and judging by her last tournament she survived some tough matches on consecutive days. She is well looked after by her trainers. Don't forget she has two of them now. Juan is a great friend too so he will take care of her making sure she eats sensibly and relaxes between matches to conserve energy. During her tough match against Stosur he was reminding her to eat a banana and she asked him to get her more energy drinks. I think she is lucky to have such a great and loyal team whereas some of the other girls just have their coach with manager/agent tagging along.

Charlatan
May 5th, 2012, 02:16 AM
True, but still I'd rather want her to play more matches in Rome than Madrid, cause the conditions in Rome go much more similar to those of RG

Steven.
May 5th, 2012, 04:21 AM
:lol: Safarova is only scary because she's unpredictable. There is no "good form" or "bad form" when it comes to her. It's just what she feels like at that particular hour(s).

goldlion
May 5th, 2012, 04:22 AM
She played the most matches in March - 12 matches in both Indian Wells and Miami. It's all about managing the body and fitness level. She knows how to take care of herself and wouldn't risk if she isn't capable of handling it.

For instance, I'm sure she tried in Paris against Kerber but it was just too much for her to take at that time (Melbourne, Moscow then Paris) and she clearly wasn't affected by the defeat at all.

She's no.2 in the world and she's showing why she's in that position.

JamieOwen3
May 5th, 2012, 04:36 AM
So she can play Serena in the QF? I hate when that happens!!!!! At least SF meeting fuck sake!

tennis-insomniac
May 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah it sucks and Radwanska gets the easy draw once again :rolleyes:

At least we can have a good showdown, I am for one looking forward to seeing the match.

Come On Masha!

Reptilia
May 5th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Aga getting Bartoli was NID :tears:

Shafanovic.
May 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Subscribing :)

Good luck Maria! :yeah:

perseus2006
May 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Aga getting Bartoli was NID :tears:

I don't understand ARad's 7-0 h2h v Marion?!? Marion's due for a string of wins.

Steven.
May 5th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I don't understand ARad's 7-0 h2h v Marion?!? Marion's due for a string of wins.

marion is possibly one of the worst claycourters amongst top players. she's top 30 on the surface at her best. No clue how she reached the sf of RG last year lol. even Radwanska who sucks on clay should routine marion.

KK2009
May 5th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Technical question: is blue clay a re-dyed version of red clay or a totally different court?

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I believe totally different. :unsure:

Mr.Sharapova
May 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Can't wait to watch Maria again :cheer:.

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Tell me about it.

but Martha usually won matches when he/she said stuff like that. :tears:

exactly, it's not good when she is saying optimistic things. :lol:

Is it now wrong that I'm being optimistic? :spit: I usually post negative comments to troll around an djinx her opponents :oh: Yall are just too dramatic sometimes :lol:

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Technical question: is blue clay a re-dyed version of red clay or a totally different court?

It's just dyed red clay, nothing more. It's the same court from last year :)

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Oh and I would love her to play Safarova here :drool: Same tournament like 2 years ago, but the outcome will be different you know what Revengepova does to her opponents(excluding Serena) :drool:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Hi guys! It's my first post here. I've been lurking on this forum forever but now it's time to join the Povanation! And wow, tough draw for Maria. I'm being pessimistic about this draw mainly because I don't want to be disappointed when she gets bageled by Serena. I hope she gets at least a breadstick or 5 games!

Advantage Me
May 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
What makes you think Maria is going to be bageled by Serena?? Now, THAT is being VERY pessimistic.

Trih
May 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Welcome!
We have a new challenger to Fighterpova's pessimism. :lol:

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 01:58 PM
:lol: I was gonna say the same thing :angel: Fighterpova's 2nd account? :unsure: :oh:

Reptilia
May 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
:lol: I was gonna say the same thing :angel: Fighterpova's 2nd account? :unsure: :oh:

3rd account if we're counting !VamosRafa! :secret:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Who is FighterPova? And yeah, the last time I was THAT pessimistic it won her the game over Vika at Stuttgart. I just don't want to jynx her. It's painful to watch her loose especially against Vika. I'd rather her loose to Serena.

And do you guys think she should switch back to Prince? I mean she overpowers the lessors with it, but now she's using Head she's got no choice but to hit harder to overpower other people. No?

Advantage Me
May 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Who is FighterPova? And yeah, the last time I was THAT pessimistic it won her the game over Vika at Stuttgart. I just don't want to jynx her. It's painful to watch her loose especially against Vika. I'd rather her loose to Serena.

And do you guys think she should switch back to Prince? I mean she overpowers the lessors with it, but now she's using Head she's got no choice but to hit harder to overpower other people. No?

If everyone thinks the same way as you and start posting negative posts so we don't jinx her, poor Maria will have no supporters left.

Okay, I get the point now. I see where you are going and I am not going to go there with you regarding the racket or anything else for that matter.

JoPova
May 5th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I want to see Maria play on the blu clay in HD ASAP! :hearts: If her first match is scheduled tomorrow, will ES show it?

doooma6816
May 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
No, TV coverege is from Monday.

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi guys! It's my first post here. I've been lurking on this forum forever but now it's time to join the Povanation! And wow, tough draw for Maria. I'm being pessimistic about this draw mainly because I don't want to be disappointed when she gets bageled by Serena. I hope she gets at least a breadstick or 5 games!
She wont get bageled by Serena :facepalm: And being pessimistic is my job around here :o Welcome to the Forum btw :lol:

Welcome!
We have a new challenger to Fighterpova's pessimism. :lol:
Yay :cheer: I'm not rly pessimistic, I said the reasons why I do it :oh:

I didn't even know you can make 2 accounts on this site :rolls: Why would I even need a 2nd account? :scratch:

3rd account if we're counting !VamosRafa! :secret:
Wasn't VamosRafa a girl? :lol:

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I can't believe yall think I have multiple accounts :bigcry: :sad:

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
And people on SS think that all of my posts are pessmistic :bigcry: Everyone remembers the bad post in which I mostly jinx Maria's oponents :oh:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I didn't know that you can multiple post. I just hope I won't abuse the system. And thanks FighterPova for welcome.

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM
And people on SS think that all of my posts are pessmistic :bigcry: Everyone remembers the bad post in which I mostly jinx Maria's oponents :oh:

That's the point I want to make. I want Maria to loose so bad that I start jinxing her opponents. :lol:

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:18 PM
You want Maria to lose? :tape:

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
:lol: Pessimists day out. :oh:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
That's my jinx ritual. Everytime I want her to win she looses, everytime I want her to loose she wins. Wierd.

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM
How mean :( No matter what I say all of SS still hates me :awww:

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
That's my jinx ritual. Everytime I want her to win she looses, everytime I want her to loose she wins. Wierd.

I never "want" Maria to lose :lol: I just say her oponents will win to jinx them :lol:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
:lol: Pessimist's day out. :oh:

We have to rehearse before the big week. :oh:

Crux Squall
May 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Matt Cronin ‏ @TennisReporters
Sharapova calls marathon loss to Henin in 2007 WTA Champs final (in Madrid) 1 of toughest her career. She cried a lot after that

i still cant believe that Maria cried

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
:lol: No one hates you here.

Its just that you are tooooooooo pessimistic. And now you have some followers as well. :tape:
But then again, whenever you have been a pessimist, Martha has won. So its worrying to see you like this. :unsure:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM

It's okay, everywhere I go I'm always hated so you'll finally get a day off today. :oh:

I never "want" Maria to lose :lol: I just say her oponents will win to jinx them :lol:

That's the same logic.

Charlatan
May 5th, 2012, 03:24 PM

:awww: a new mashabator blessing our sub-forum with the massive pessimism :crying2:

but hey, welcome :D

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM

Wow, I have never known that. I guess she was still young back then and she was just starting to adapt a thicker shell. But then again 2007 was a nightmare for her considering the AO '07.

Charlatan
May 5th, 2012, 03:27 PM

she looked fine in the trophy ceremony and all...but that bitter loss must have lit her ass some fire and looked what happened when they met in 2008 :devil:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:28 PM
:awww: a new mashabator blessing our sub-forum with the massive pessimism :crying2:

but hey, welcome :D

I wouldn't really say I'm pessimistic, I'm just someone who will not celebrate until she wins something, because knowing her anything can happen.

Fighterpova
May 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM
:lol: No one hates you here.

Its just that you are tooooooooo pessimistic. And now you have some followers as well. :tape:
But then again, whenever you have been a pessimist, Martha has won. So its worrying to see you like this. :unsure:

Was it pessmistic to expect Maria to lose to Vika after so many beatdowns? I think not, but glad she proved me wrong :cheer: As for Sam and Petra, I knew it was 50-50, just didn't want to go braggining how Masha will cruise in 2 easy sets like some users from Portugal and then get shit from other users if she loses and I said she would destroy her opponent :lol: :rolleyes:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM
she looked fine in the trophy ceremony and all...but that bitter loss must have lit her ass some fire and looked what happened when they met in 2008 :devil:

I swear that beatdown at the US open finals was just brutal. Her forehands were just, scary and monstrous.

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Was it pessmistic to expect Maria to lose to Vika after so many beatdowns? I think not, but glad she proved me wrong :cheer: As for Sam and Petra, I knew it was 50-50, just didn't want to go braggining how Masha will cruise in 2 easy sets like some users from Portugal and then get shit from other users if she loses and I said she would destroy her opponent :lol: :rolleyes:

Better be realistic than be disappointed. But that victory against Azastinka is just too sweet. I actually celebrated that festively.

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I swear that beatdown at the US open finals was just brutal. Her forehands were just, scary and monstrous.

USO finals was in 2006. :oh:

sickfalsetto is talking about the 6-4 6-0 win in the AO 08 Quarters vs Henin. :worship:

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM

As if Stuttgart is the first tournament where you were pessimistic?! :lol: :happy:

Steven.
May 5th, 2012, 03:34 PM

honey I know I said some mean things that one time, but I was just intoxicated. Alcohol fuels your emotions so I don't really mean it nor do I hate you :hug: I was just having an awesome night until I started watching Maria and it made me both angry and annoyed, and your sarcastic/black humoured comments didn't really help :help:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
USO finals was in 2006. :oh:

sickfalsetto is talking about the 6-4 6-0 win in the AO 08 Quarters vs Henin. :worship:

Oh, sorry I forgot my history. :oh: Yes that quarters was just hopeless for Henin. :oh:

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 03:38 PM
honey I know I said some mean things that one time, but I was just intoxicated. Alcohol fuels your emotions so I don't really mean it nor do I hate you :hug: I was just having an awesome night until I started watching Maria and it made me both angry and annoyed, and your sarcastic/black humoured comments didn't really help :help:

Sharpie's really frustrating to watch. :tape:

ServeCaspian
May 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome abesky. Hopefully you bring some new mashabator luck. I dont really mind pessimism but it can be hard after a tough loss. Anyway every anti-jinxe is needed, those pressed GM bitches will be out to get Masha in the coming weeks.

abesky
May 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks james.

JamieOwen3
May 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I do all of my pessimistic rants on twitter :lol: The match vs Stosur at Stuttgart 5-3 down 2nd set I was saying she's about to lose and saying well done sam you played great.... :oh: *but if I'm honest I did ac tually think it was over Sam had been playing great up till then* Maria upped her level another gear to break though and not even super sam was able to finish her off.

Just saw your post about being a lurker for a while, I was about to ask if you were :lol: welcome to the most active sub-forum on tennisforum! Most active with members and "guests" :oh:

Shivank17
May 5th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Damn, Maria plays tomorrow. (no streams, right? :o )

Manolo Santana - 11:00am

1. Caroline Wozniacki v Ksenia Pervak
2. ATP
3. Victoria Azarenka v Svetlana Kuznetsova
4. Irina-Camelia Begu v Maria Saharapova
5. ATP

Charlatan
May 5th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Eurosport broadcast only starts on Monday...so yep, no stream

gociku
May 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Saharapova :worship:

JoPova
May 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Begu isn't a scrub on clay, so I expect to see a match, not a beatdown, especially if Maria doesn't feel comfortable on the surface yet. It's her first match after all. I'd really like to see if she can keep up the level of serving she displayed in Stuttgart! But I guess that we will comment the match just by checking the live scores tomorrow! No stream! :sad:

Mr.Sharapova
May 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM
No stream :facepalm:. Live score then :cheer:.

perseus2006
May 5th, 2012, 06:46 PM

You aren't hated here. Constant negativity just gets tedious after a while and we can get all we want of that in GM. What I like most about SS is that posts are positive and supportive of Pova's tennis.

18majors
May 5th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Zakopalova won and will play R2 with Maria if Maria beats Begu tomorrow.

Mr.Sharapova
May 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I still remember Zakopalova's match against Rena in 2009 :oh:.

18majors
May 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I still remember Zakopalova's match against Rena in 2009 :oh:.

Serena was quoted of saying that Zakopalova was her toughest opponent all year.

Qetusi
May 5th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Beyond The Baseline ‏ @SI_BTBaseline

Sharapova not impressed by the blue clay. "I think it's more for show than for the players. It's different. It is what it is."

Advantage Me
May 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Vika vs Sveta should be challenging (I hope). Venus faced another tough challenge today but managed to survive. Poor Bartoli is out so soon. I really enjoyed her beating Vika in Miami. The expression on her face was priceless. I guess Maria won't be playing until at least 6pm local time. Funnily enough she always seems to play during my dinner time which means I will miss part of it.