PDA

View Full Version : Estoril Open

MK Ultra
Apr 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Estoril! :D Kiri plays Baltacha in the 1st round. Medina Garrigues or Barthel in the semis, if she gets there.
I'm going so you can expect lots of pictures, videos and reports. :)

(1) Roberta Vinci (ITA) - (WC) Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
Ayumi Morita (JPN) - (WC) Maria Joăo Koehler (POR)
Polona Hercog (SLO) - Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS)
(WC) Bárbara Luz (POR) - (7) Nadia Petrova (RUS)

(4) Petra Cetkovska (CZE) - Alexandra Panova (RUS)
Qualifier - Lucie Hradecka (CZE)
Vania King (USA) - Johanna Larsson (SWE)
Qualifier - (6) Kaia Kanepi (EST)

(8) Mona Barthel (GER) - Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Olga Govortsova (BLR) - Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) - Silvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP)
Qualifier - (3) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP)

(5) Jie Zheng (CHN) - Ekaterina Makarova (RUS)
Anastasiya Yakimova (BLR) - Galina Voskoboeva (KAZ)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) - Qualifier
Elena Baltacha (GBR) - (2) Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

GoMasha23
Apr 28th, 2012, 05:52 PM
nice! looking forward to your videos.

Celeborn
Apr 28th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Good luck! I missed seeing her play to be honest.

Slampova
Apr 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Good luck Maria, and come Monday she will be No.19 in the rankings with Goerges loosing R2 at Stuttgart :cheer:

peterlein
Apr 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
oh yesss, maria back on the court, it has been a long time, can't wait for it! :-)
tournaments without kiri are not the same ;-)

thx @MK Ultra, I am looking forward to your pics and videos, have fuuuun :-)

JimM
Apr 29th, 2012, 11:31 PM
As a Brit I hope Bally wins. As a Lil Masha fan I hope she does. Call me confuddled :}

Go Masha!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Rovegun
Apr 30th, 2012, 10:58 AM
good luck Maria! it would be nic to make a good result in Estoril... good memories for her as well...

@MK Ultra enjoy it and I am looking forward to seeing your pics:)

MK Ultra
Apr 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Saw her today! She was practicing with a local junior. She was so cute :D

kirivanovic
May 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Maria is playing after Igor:devil:

Celeborn
May 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
She won the first set 7:6(6). But she played with, I don't know, max 70% or something.

GoMasha23
May 1st, 2012, 03:13 PM
the trainer is out to see kiri. hope she is ok.

Slampova
May 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
Baltacha recovered from 3-5 to lead 6-5 in the first set then Kiri broke to take it to a tiebreak. Baltacha got all the way to 6-2 in the tiebreak so kudos to Kiri for saving all those set points :bowdown:

Much better play in the second. Live stream showed it was very windy but Kiri coped well.

Great chance to do well here and improve her ranking a bit more before the FO (Especially with Barthel's withdrawl :oh:)

Slampova
May 1st, 2012, 04:10 PM
PS with the win Maria is even in points with Cibulkova, a win in R2 will guarantee a new HR of 16 and a few more wins could push her even higher :cheer:

Celeborn
May 2nd, 2012, 05:53 PM
She lost to Knapp. Well, that's certainly not very good, but in the end, the tournament in Madrid next week is so much more important. Plus, it is her first so to say 'bad loss' this season, so I think its not too bad.

peterlein
May 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
She lost to Knapp. Well, that's certainly not very good, but in the end, the tournament in Madrid next week is so much more important. Plus, it is her first so to say 'bad loss' this season, so I think its not too bad.

hm, you are right, so let's simply forget estoril and look forward to madrid! let's hope she will be at 100% there, because I read on fb that she had some problems with her ankle?
I already had a bad feeling about this match, when I heard she had to withdraw from the doubles :/

Vikkiri.
May 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Poor baby :hug: But her true fans will be ALWAYS here for her.
I'm fell so bad for her.. but she was injured, and I wish her all the best for the clay season. Davai

Protoss
May 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Well this was a dissappointing tournament: getting injured or reaggravating an injury and choking away a big lead to a much lower ranked opponent.