PDA

View Full Version : Clay season 2012 - Anna sliding back into our hearts and up the rankings!

Pages : [1] 2

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Ok i have made the thread for the clay season 2012.

1st stop stuttgart qualies.

QR1 - chakvetadze bt cristea - 6-0, 6-1

QR2 - chakvetadze bt pavlovic - 6-1, 3-6, 6-3

QFR - chakvetadze bt bondarenko 6-3, 7-6

MDR1 - chakvetadze lost to cornet 3-6, 4-6

Points earned - 21, Prize money earned - $5,500

Madrid -

QR1 - chakvetadze bt mattek-sands 6-4, 6-4

QFR -

Points earned so far - 20

Total clay points earned - 41

clay season schedule - stuttgart, madrid, rome, brussels and french open.

good luck Anna

King Halep
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:03 PM
with that schedule i have no expectations so each win is a shock to me. good win against the romanian especially if she totally outplayed her

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:19 PM
btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open. the entry list is out and she isn't in the MD as you cant you a PR to enter 2 slams. her ranking as it is will be way off qualifying entry cut off to. so she will need a wildcard to play. i would hope she gets a qualifying wildcard as it is 50 points to win a round in qualies of a slam and that would be against a non top 100 player.

Wintermute
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:25 PM
Love the scoreline but a bit shocked by it too, especially considering it's on clay. I thought Sorana had been playing a lot better recently too. But I suppose when I've seen her lose before she really has switched into 'brainless ballbasher' mode and the errors fly.

Anyway it's very nice and the next round looks like an easier prospect: Irena Pavlovic or wildcard Julia Kimmelmann.

Wintermute
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
btw i think chak will need a MD wildcard or qualies wildcard to play french open.

Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
cirstea has been in good form this year, she is #29 in the race. the thing that cirstea has been doing this year is turning around her form when in brainless basher mode. if you look at some of her scorelines she has turned a lot of matches round.

while i don't doubt cirstea was probably a mess, it is positive anna didn't throw in 3 or 4 games of df's and errors herself. when she beat niculescu and pironkova in hobart i liked she was trying to play consistent yet aggressive tennis without ball bashing. if she draws shrarpova or vika, yeah then go for it, but while she is working her way back up the rankings and playing lower ranked girls chak's consistent flat strikes that are well placed are more than enough to beat most of them.

King Halep
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM
Maybe this is why she's playing such high level tournaments in the lead-up. She wants to get back on the radar.

there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).

_inocencia_
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
no DF, what about UE? does anyone know that? ue tell a bit of story if there's no stream

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 08:27 PM
chakvetadze will play pavlovic who just won in 3 sets. she is world #198 and that is all i know about her. on paper it looks like a nice draw, especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.

Wintermute
Apr 21st, 2012, 08:36 PM
especially considering pavlovic just finished at 9.30pm at night and it was a 2.30 hour match she won.

And it took her three tough sets to defeat world #675.

King Halep
Apr 21st, 2012, 09:34 PM
third rd going to be tough

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM
yep almost certainly to be katya bondarekno who has beaten chak before and is having an ok season

Fantasy Hero
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:29 PM

there can be no logic to it. what she needs is cheap points and easy wins, not playing 3 tough matches in 3 days
well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC ;)
good news is there is a qualifier vs qualifier round in the MD should chak make it, the bad news is the other 2 spots are against bartoli and pennetta (the winner of that to face sharapova).

well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)

sammy01
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:55 PM
well if she wants a WC then a breaking-news win over a good player will put her again under the spotlight and she might get bigger chances for a MD WC ;)

well, obviouly -if she can make it to qualify- that QvsQ shot would be awesome, but considering the packed draw Pennetta is probably the worst player in the MD as for poor form and horrible confidence, so she could stand chances against her too (though the H2H isn't really on Anna's side)

QvsQ would be best me thinks, especially given a few of the seeds have lost in qualies so might be some lower ranked surprise qualifiers.

i think pennetta on clay would still be very tough for anna right now

oh and anna plays last (4th match) on court 1 tomorrow, play starts at 11am

King Halep
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM
lets not even talk about main draw, i question her ability to play three good matches in three days

Caro & Aggie
Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:01 AM
QvsQ would be best me thinks, especially given a few of the seeds have lost in qualies so might be some lower ranked surprise qualifiers.

i think pennetta on clay would still be very tough for anna right now

oh and anna plays last (4th match) on court 1 tomorrow, play starts at 11am

Yeah i about too say the same thing she have a better chance with the QvsQ, rather than playing Pennetta and even if she beat Pennetta Maria would be next, and Marion is also a player who Chak struggle to beat. Anna would have a Better chance with the QvsQ match and then play the match with Aggie, if she can beat Aggie, the section that Aggie have Anna can make the Semi

sammy01
Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:01 AM
lets not even talk about main draw, i question her ability to play three good matches in three days

well i cant see her losing her next match (so gonna regret saying that) but i do think bondarenko will be the favourite in that match should it happen.

Caro & Aggie
Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:03 AM

Yeah I agree and somthing tell me there going be more WD in this tournament atleast I hope

_inocencia_
Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
well i cant see her losing her next match (so gonna regret saying that) but i do think bondarenko will be the favourite in that match should it happen.

she can not lose to pavlovic :tape:, pavlovic lost to our croatian vrljic 3 and 3 :facepalm: :lol:
anyway guys, i'm going to local bet now, put some money on chak to win 2 sets to - 0. i know i play by heart, but it's objective, i'm going to also play on domi

and- i can't EVER bet against chak or jule :oh:, even when i know they are going to lose :lol:

King Halep
Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
2 hour win made it harder than expected

Wintermute
Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Anna def. Pavlovic 6-1 3-6 6-3

Did not expect it to be this tough. Shouldn't have underestimated Pavlovic.

Stats-wise: 9 aces, 4 DFs for Anna. First serve percentage could've been a bit higher than 58%. She did save a lot of break points though

sammy01
Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
next up is katya bondarenko. she is world #62, anna is tied in the H2H at 2-2 with bondarenko winning the last match in 2010

anna will need to play better than today and yes the 1st serve percentage needs to be closer to 70%

sammy01
Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
chak is 3rd match on court 1 tomorrow play starting at 12. that will give her plenty recovery time anyway from tonights match

_inocencia_
Apr 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
well bondarenko, as i said, it's hard for me to predict cause there was no stream..
but in my opinion 3 torture set :tape:
picking chak as a winner, aagh, guess that would be "loving-chak-wishfull thinking"
but she might win, and yes, she has to play better than today :oh:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
Katya has been so up and down so far, so i really hope she's to be on a "down" day and Anna can play solid throughout the whole match :D

sammy01
Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:14 PM
yeah i had a look at katya's results this year and saw some WTF? losses but a couple of decent wins too. her form in stuttgart has been crap, 3 sets against dulko who has been a walking bye since coming back from injury and 3 sets against that german girl ranked 460+.

i'd say it was even money for tomorrow, 50/50 as to who wins. if anna can get plenty of 1st serves in it would greatly help her cause.

sammy01
Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
btw think anna is 3rd alt for MD in brussels, so with it being the week before the french and 5 weeks away i'd expect at least 3 players to pull out and anna to be MD.

madrid and rome she will be in qualies, too far out of the MD to get in.

Rafa_thebest
Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
btw think anna is 3rd alt for MD in brussels, so with it being the week before the french and 5 weeks away i'd expect at least 3 players to pull out and anna to be MD.

madrid and rome she will be in qualies, too far out of the MD to get in.

I tought her PR was enough for a direct entry in Brussels!! There will be some good player if a ranking of 59 is not enough! :eek:

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
I tought her PR was enough for a direct entry in Brussels!! There will be some good player if a ranking of 59 is not enough! :eek:

there is always a lot of the mid ranked players that enter brussels, as they aren't really thinking they will go deep at the french so are happy to try and get some cheap points the week before.

Yuri_Bot
Apr 23rd, 2012, 10:25 AM
Today is a good chance that the match will be shown Anna from Stuttgart.
http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html

_inocencia_
Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
and ofcourse, i work from 3 p.m. :mad: :haha:

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
yep we will have a livestream of the princess :inlove: it is only a 1 camera view but hey i'll take anything, be good to actually see how her game looks :)

Rafa_thebest
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
GREAT NEWS! can't wait to watch her play!!

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
so chak has an 80% chance of drawing a qualifier in the open round of the MD and 20% chance of drawing bartoli, i have always been unlucky let's hope i don't effect chak too :tape:

18majors
Apr 23rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Go Anna!

King Halep
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Anna

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Anna

:worship:

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
When Anna was on, Katya was really hopeless. :drool::lol:

_inocencia_
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
great, she qualif. :)
unfortunately, i couldn't watch :(
@melange : when bondarenko got injured, the 2nd set?

Wintermute
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Anna def. [7] K. Bondarenko 6-3 7-6(2)

:bounce: Well done Anna on qualifying and taking out two seeds in the process.

I was at work so couldn't watch the stream. But I did have livescores so I saw Anna was a break down in the 2nd set. How's her game looking? Much better service percentage than QR2 and still positive in the ace:DF count. :yeah:

Pink Princess
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
That's a fabulous win, good luck in the main draw!!!http://img15.picoodle.com/i54i/martalarubia/14ax_36d_u8wd6.gif

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
my summing up of her game from what we saw.

positives -

oddly her serve seems to have decent pop on it right now, when she got 1st serves in it either won the point or set up the point for her. 2nd serve is still not great but relatively few df's, which is all i ask of the 2nd serve.

she seemed very calm, didn't get too upset or downbeat when behind a break. again another thing that normally lets her down.

negatives -

forehand return was bad, luckily bondarenko only ever kicks her 2nd serve in really so chak got to hit backhand returns on 2nd serves and that is always a strength.

movement wasn't as good as she can be, not sure if down to the clay or because she is still getting back upto par. though she deffinately can improve on that.

overall i'd say she is playing decently. areas to be happy with areas she knows she will have to improve. some of her ball striking was very clean and crisp though especially in the 2nd set and she still mixes in a few drop shots to change the pace.

_inocencia_
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
tnx sammy

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
apparently chak has drawn alize cornet, i'll take that. cornet took 3 hours to win today. she will probably do her best to moonball anna to death but i give anna a decent shot of winning that

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:28 PM
Yay, good draw for Anna. She won't face Pova if she wins. Good news.

dornik
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
apparently chak has drawn alize cornet, i'll take that. cornet took 3 hours to win today. she will probably do her best to moonball anna to death but i give anna a decent shot of winning that

apparently?

penkku
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
So, it's the promising junior next ;) GL Anna :)

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
I think her movement can be a lot better that what she showed today. Must work on that and her ROS still incosistent.

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
apparently?

its what is posted in the stuttgart forum, not seen the actual draw yet as they usually don't get updated with the Q names for hours. ;)

King Halep
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
good draw for Anna, alize is in worse form than her

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Finally Anna is getting some luck. Great to see.

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
chakvetadze and cornet play tomorrow, maybe that is good for anna given alize has played a lot of tennis to qualify and been on court a lot longer than anna has.

dornik
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
its what is posted in the stuttgart forum, not seen the actual draw yet as they usually don't get updated with the Q names for hours. ;)

Cornet.

(4) Agnieszka Radwanska v BYE
Anna Chakvetadze (Q) v Alize Cornet (Q)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Dominika Cibulkova
Lucie Safarova v (8) Na Li

King Halep
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
overall i'd say she is playing decently. areas to be happy with areas she knows she will have to improve. some of her ball striking was very clean and crisp though especially in the 2nd set and she still mixes in a few drop shots to change the pace.

did you see her attempt a cute drop shot off a volley at breakpoint 4-5 in 2nd set when all she had to was put it away in open court. at least she ended up winning the game.

_inocencia_
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
chak has a decent chance here vs cornet

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
That sexy drop shot return winner from Anna was the best point for me. :inlove:

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
did you see her attempt a cute drop shot off a volley at breakpoint 4-5 in 2nd set when all she had to was put it away in open court. at least she ended up winning the game.

she hit 2 or 3 nice ones, i think a beauty on SP down was it at 3-5. she generally has a good drop shot, think she needs it just to mix up pace and play sometimes cus her flat hitting can get a little predictable.

on the draw, arn or cornet were the 2 players i was hoping she would draw and the QvsQ spot next to aga, so i'm happy with that. IF anna beats cornet aga would be much nicer than playing sharapova who would just try and hit anna off court, at least IF she plays aga she can dictate some points and feel like she will be in the match.

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
chakvetadze and cornet play tomorrow, maybe that is good for anna given alize has played a lot of tennis to qualify and been on court a lot longer than anna has.

Anna is not as fit as Cornet though.

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
arghhhhh it would me sharapova 2nd round not aga :sad:

ok chak just win and then don't get double bageled by maria :help:

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. :sad:

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
Finally Anna is getting some luck. Great to see.

Silly me. I won't say this again. EVER!!!!!!

:facepalm:

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
still she was probably never going to beat aga if she beat alize, i just know chak doesn't like playing sharapova

Wintermute
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
They are on second on Court 1 after a doubles match. Not a lot of time to recover. But I think Cornet is a decent draw. We'll see.

Caro & Aggie
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:24 PM
Every Tournament just gotta see an Chak vs Maria doesn't matter wat event it is, Anna gonna have too start playing some MM soon I think she need too ask for an WildCard for Estoril Open or Budapest Grand Prix to get her ranking up.

Wintermute
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
i just know chak doesn't like playing sharapova

Very true. Probably shouldn't be talking about this, Anna has to beat Alizé first.

But Big Masha hasn't played since Miami, and nothing yet on clay.

Caro & Aggie
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Where the link too prove she playing Maria on the draw

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
I agree that she will lose in 2nd round most likely but playing Aga is WAY better than Pova for Anna. Anyway, Hope she beats Alize at least. Doen't matter what happens after that. 2nd round would be a good result for her here.

Jane Lane
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
One step at a time guys. If she beats Cornet, then we can :sobbing:

But 2nd round and 60 points would be a very good result regardless.

Caro & Aggie
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Is there Prove on that she will play Maria in the Second round

Caro & Aggie
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
Anna fan Just think ,If Bondarenko draw Arn, Bondarenko an LL that make her on Maria Quater and Chak and Conet or Both Q vs Q that make them too on Aggie Quater Na-Mug Messin with people

King Halep
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:47 PM
she hit 2 or 3 nice ones, i think a beauty on SP down was it at 3-5. she generally has a good drop shot, think she needs it just to mix up pace and play sometimes cus her flat hitting can get a little predictable.

doing drop shots from baseline are expected, but when you are at the net and get an easy putaway, then try to be clever and make it into a dropshot thats just stupid. its just keeping with her low success rate whenever she goes near the net.

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
when a player pulls out and a LL is added then the LL can go into any of the already allocated qualifying spots to, as they then become Q/LL spots, so all 5 spots any of the qualifiers or LL can be placed in.

Rafa_thebest
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
So? Is she in Maria´s or Aga section?

Wintermute
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Is there Prove on that she will play Maria in the Second round

Here (http://www.porsche-tennis.de/prod/pag/tennis.nsf/downloads/orderofplay_maindraw/$file/MD.pdf)

Tezuka.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
when a player pulls out and a LL is added then the LL can go into any of the already allocated qualifying spots to, as they then become Q/LL spots, so all 5 spots any of the qualifiers or LL can be placed in.

Thanks Sam.

So? Is she in Maria´s or Aga section?

Pova's.

Rafa_thebest
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Let's hope she beats Alize! :D and that's the risk of entering the big tourneys, she can draw a top seed :(

sammy01
Apr 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
i'm hoping/assuming there will be a stream again tomorrow for court 1, cus well it would be odd to have it for just 3 final rounds of qualies and nothing else. so at least we should see chak again, even if she gets moonballed to death lol

rucolo
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Anna into Stuttgart MD ! :):yeah:

Now please don`t lose to Cornet :o

King Halep
Apr 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
:haha::haha::haha: defenceless against moonballs

_inocencia_
Apr 24th, 2012, 08:06 PM
very bad from chak, i managed to watch 1st set, very bad to be honest. i'm optimistic, that she will improove 4 next tournaments

Wintermute
Apr 24th, 2012, 08:11 PM
R1: (Q) Cornet def. (Q) Chakvetadze 6-3 6-4

:sad: Anna broken five times in the match. I was trying to follow livescores at work. I saw she saved match points and got back on serve in the second only to get broken again to lose. I'm kinda surprised at how difficult she was finding it to hold serve.

Cornet's not been having the best year until recently when she seems to really be on the upswing.

Anyone who saw it, was Anna looking tired? This seemed to be the problem in Copenhagen. Just wondering if she's struggling putting together four wins in four days.

Rafa_thebest
Apr 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I wish she could play Budapest or Estoril instead of Madrid! so she doesn't have to play qualies again or may be that's her strategy, to get some match play and rhythm in those qualies matches!

Fantasy Hero
Apr 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM
i've seen Alizee playing against Caro in Copenhagen and she was playing the best in ages...i know i'm trying to make up an excuse for the loss...anw it was still i nice effort from her :yeah:

King Halep
Apr 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM
^yeah but Cornet had a very long injury timeout during second set and was not moving well after that so that should have been enough to help her win the match but she couldnt exploit

_inocencia_
Apr 25th, 2012, 06:28 AM
R1: (Q) Cornet def. (Q) Chakvetadze 6-3 6-4

:sad:
Anyone who saw it, was Anna looking tired? This seemed to be the problem in Copenhagen. Just wondering if she's struggling putting together four wins in four days.
Nope, she didn't look tired to me

i've seen Alizee playing against Caro in Copenhagen and she was playing the best in ages...i know i'm trying to make up an excuse for the loss...anw it was still i nice effort from her :yeah:

erm, no, alize played nowhere near good. when chak maneged to find her game, to lift the game, to create a point like she imagined, than cornet didn't have a half of chance. that happened in first 4 points the first game, and there were some points later. shara in half of form will eat her, (cornet)like, 2 and 3 (max). But as I said, we need to be optimistic, chak was non consistent to play 3 good games in a row, but let's hope that soon she will be :)

Caro & Aggie
Apr 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I think she should really ask for an WC now into Budapest Grand Prix

dornik
Apr 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cornet retired in her match vs. Masha! Wtf! :(

Tezuka.
Apr 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cornet retired in her match vs. Masha! Wtf! :(

I know it's a bit annoying but seriously Anna only has herself to blame for losing to her like that.:o

dornik
Apr 25th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I know it's a bit annoying but seriously Anna only has herself to blame for losing to her.:o

Yes, you're def. right! But still... :sad:

dornik
Apr 30th, 2012, 02:21 PM
http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis-femenino/lista-de-participantes-del-cuadro-femenino/

Rafa_thebest
May 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
Anna's now the 5th ALT!

sammy01
May 2nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Anna's now the 5th ALT!

tbh the draw is stacked, not sure i'd want her to sneak into the MD. the qualifying is looking a little softer than stuttgart was.

qualies is only 2 rounds in madrid and it is 20 points for a 1st round and 30 to qualify so that would be decent if she could come through qualies.

Rafa_thebest
May 2nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
tbh the draw is stacked, not sure i'd want her to sneak into the MD. the qualifying is looking a little softer than stuttgart was.

qualies is only 2 rounds in madrid and it is 20 points for a 1st round and 30 to qualify so that would be decent if she could come through qualies.

You're right! those 30 points would be very helpful and it's great it's only two matches, she'd be less tired!

sammy01
May 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM
qualifying draw done tomorrow, play starts on Friday. praying for a easy 1st round in qualies, as 20 points for just winning a round would be great

dornik
May 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Qualifying Draw

(1)Pauline Parmentier (FRA) v Paula Ormaechea (ARG)
Gisela Dulko (ARG) v (11)Anastasia Rodionova (AUS)

(2)Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) v Mariana Duque-Marino (COL)
Arantxa Parra Santonja (ESP) v (10)Mathilde Johansson (FRA)

(3)Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Jill Craybas (USA)
Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ) v (13)Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)

(4)Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) v (wc)Leticia Costas-Moreira (ESP)
Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) v (9)Sloane Stephens (USA)

(5)Greta Arn (HUN) v Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
(wc)Ines Ferrer Suarez (ESP) v (12)Lucie Hradecka (CZE)

(6)Vera Dushevina (RUS) v (wc)Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)
Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ) v (16)Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)

(7)Varvara Lepchenko (USA) v (wc)Sara Sorribes Tormo (ESP)
Maria Elena Camerin (ITA) v (14)Laura Pous-Tio (ESP)

(8)Johanna Larsson (SWE) v Lesia Tsurenko (UKR)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)v (15)Bethanie Mattek-Sands (USA)

Jane Lane
May 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Really good draw for Anna, Beth is still coming off injury.

King Halep
May 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
nice draw, anna likes the brainless bashers :drool: maybe she will get Tsurenko again

Rafa_thebest
May 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
C'MON ANNA! Get those 30 points and get to the MD! :D

sammy01
May 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
really she couldn't have asked for a better draw. beth hasn't played in 2 months and jo-la has been in horrible form all year and she beat tursrenko this year already.

Tezuka.
May 3rd, 2012, 07:00 PM
Good draw.

Fantasy Hero
May 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
nice draw indeed...hopefully she gets the best out of it

sammy01
May 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
order of play for tomorrow -

Starting at 12am

Central Court: Manolo Santana
Camerin - Pous-Tio
Karatancheva- Dominguez-Lino
Parra - Johansson

Court 2: Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
Dushevina- Cabeza Candela
Lepchenko - Sara Sorribes
Zhlavova - Duque Marino

Court 3:
ferrer suarez-hrdecka
hsieh - costas moreira
Larsson-Tsurenko

Court 5:
Hlavackova-stephens
parmentier-ormaechea
danilidou-craybas

Court 7:
Arn-kudryatseva
chakvetadze-mattek-sands

HowardH
May 4th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Good luck Anna.

_inocencia_
May 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM
good luck chak

King Halep
May 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
she destroyed bethanie 6-4 6-4

Rafa_thebest
May 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm watching the draw and the Q spots are not so bad, only Kerber is VERY dangerous! C'MON ANNA! GET TO THE MD!

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM
yeah there is a QvsQ spot again, that would be nice

Rafa_thebest
May 4th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Yes! that one would be VERY nice, even tho the winner of that match will face Vika or Kuzzy :lol:

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM
the qulifying 1st round win should put anna upto 337ish in the world, winning her next match and qualifying would put her upto 317ish. so it is going in the right direction

Fantasy Hero
May 4th, 2012, 03:34 PM
:yeah:

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
anna plays larsson next who beat tsurenko 5-7, 6-4, 6-4. chak has a 2-0 H2H with larsson and has never lost a set to her.

Tezuka.
May 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Princess > Queen.

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Princess > Queen.

Princess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trash :tape:

Tezuka.
May 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM

:lol:

She is a Queen according to someone. :tape:

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
saturdays OOP -

Manolo Santana, 1:00 PM

Cirstea vs. Bartoli
Stosur vs. Martic
Halep vs. V.Williams
Muguruza Blanco vs. Li (NB 7:00 PM)
Barthel vs. Goerges

Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, 1:00 PM

Cabeza Candela vs. Dominguez Lino
Paszek vs. Soler-Espinosa
Cetkovska vs. Zvonareva
Benesova vs. Zakopalova

Stadium 3, NB 12:30 PM

Kuznetsova/A.Radwanska vs. Medina Garrigues/Parra Santonja
Lepchenko vs. Pous-Tio
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova vs. Begu/Peer
Arvidsson vs. McHale

Court 5, 11:00 AM

Kudryavtseva vs. Hradecka
Larsson vs. Chakvetadze
Craybas vs. Domachowska or Jovanovski

Court 7, 11:00 AM

Hsieh vs. Hlavackova
Duque-Marino vs. Johansson
Parmentier vs. Dulko or An.Rodionova

Rafa_thebest
May 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Good luck Anna! there will be any livestream?

sammy01
May 4th, 2012, 07:24 PM
don't think so, i guess to know for sure check livescore-hunter tomorrow morning

Fantasy Hero
May 4th, 2012, 07:26 PM
:dance: go Anna go :yeah:

GeorgianFan
May 4th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Anna :hearts: GL!

Wintermute
May 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
9 break points against her, 9 break points saved. That's the sort of Chaky match I like to see. Good win!

sweetadri06
May 4th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Please win tomorrow Anna.

peanuts
May 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM
she destroyed bethanie 6-4 6-4

Did you see the match?

the qulifying 1st round win should put anna upto 337ish in the world, winning her next match and qualifying would put her upto 317ish. so it is going in the right direction

I'm still surprised to see Anna ranked this low. :eek: It's not befitting for a Princess. :p :lol: Glad to see she's steadily going up. :D

Lazy question, how possible is it for her to be ranked high enough to get into the RG main draw?

:lol: I agree. :tape:

_inocencia_
May 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM
so happy that she won ystrdy, one more chak, come on :)

_inocencia_
May 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Good luck Anna! there will be any livestream?
court 5 i doubt it :(

Wintermute
May 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Jo-La def. Anna 2-6 6-4 7-5

I wasn't following the live scoring. Seems like a bright start and then very close after that but Anna unable to get ahead in the third.

A paltry 20 points for showing up here and winning a round. Was it worth it?

HowardH
May 5th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Anna :sad: :hug:. So close.

_inocencia_
May 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
chak :sad::rolleyes:

Rafa_thebest
May 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Just finding out she lost :( how did she play?

sammy01
May 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM
that just looks like a huge missed chance for chak. really wish she would play some small tournaments.

Rafa_thebest
May 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
that just looks like a huge missed chance for chak. really wish she would play some small tournaments.

THIS! It feels like she's wasting her chances to enter tournaments with her PR! she has played like 8 matches and her ranking isn't moving up because they're only Q matches! At least she's has beaten some good players like Sorana, Bondarenko.

Tezuka.
May 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm disappointed.

sweetadri06
May 5th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Jo-La def. Anna 2-6 6-4 7-5

I wasn't following the live scoring. Seems like a bright start and then very close after that but Anna unable to get ahead in the third.

A paltry 20 points for showing up here and winning a round. Was it worth it?

No I don't think so. She should have beaten Larrson if she was really playing up to her standards. :sad: I hope now she can have some realistic goals going for the rest of the season. If she can't beat these type of players in qualifying then she has no business entering Premier tournaments at the moment.

peanuts
May 6th, 2012, 10:58 AM
That was so close. :sad:

_inocencia_
May 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
is there any chance 4 chak to give up rome, and play sth else :rolleyes::help:
this has no sence

saf
May 6th, 2012, 06:27 PM
We must remember that Johanna is a great player. I so her playing in Eilat, Israel on
February in the fed cup meeting and she was the 2nd best player, after A. Radwanska,
and led her team to win the tournament. The fact that Anna can play such a close match
Vs .j Larson should anchorage us all and Anna too.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3017491028871.2143856.1010470522&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=3017496909018&set=a.3017491028871.2143856.1010470522&type=3&theater
This is me and Johanna in Eilat:D

Tezuka.
May 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
We must remember that Johanna is a great player. I so her playing in Eilat, Israel on
February in the fed cup meeting and she was the 2nd best player, after A. Radwanska,
and led her team to win the tournament. The fact that Anna can play such a close match
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3017491028871.2143856.1010470522&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=3017496909018&set=a.3017491028871.2143856.1010470522&type=3&theater

No. This is BS.

Jane Lane
May 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Larsson is a quality clay court player, despite whatever form she's in. Anna had chances to win but Larsson isn't a total hack.

_inocencia_
May 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM

i don't agree here because i'm not an optimist, i'm realistic... loosing to jo-la (despite the fact that clay is chak's least favorite surface) is a clear sign that chak is nowhere near the decent form. in terms of what she is capable of...

King Halep
May 7th, 2012, 07:04 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mtogktjS1qzjvlr.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

:haha:

King Halep
May 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
how can you lose to such a harmless looking girl

Tezuka.
May 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3mtogktjS1qzjvlr.gif

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I will save this gif.

Tezuka.
May 7th, 2012, 07:57 PM
how can you lose to such a harmless looking girl

We will never know. :o

peanuts
May 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
:rolls: @ that GIF

krul
May 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Qualifying Day 1 Matches

Mattek-Sands v Stephens
Suarez Navarro v Dulko
Lucic v Hampton
Hsieh v Virgili
Burnett v Larsson
Parmentier v Grymalska
Dentoni v Lepchenko
Chang v Dushevina
Wozniak v Kudryavtseva
Tsurenko v Arn
Tatishvili v Chakvetadze
Craybas v Govortsova
K Bondarenko v An Rodionova
Ormaechea v Johansson
Martic v Hlavackova
Soler-Espinosa v Dominguez Lino

sammy01
May 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
well that isn't a bad 1st round, hope anna wins it so she can beat another top 100 player and get like 12 points for it :tape:

Fantasy Hero
May 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
that's not a bad qualy draw at all :shrug:

Rafa_thebest
May 11th, 2012, 07:19 PM
GO ANNA! Beat that chick! let's hope she can qualify this time!

King Halep
May 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
well that isn't a bad 1st round, hope anna wins it so she can beat another top 100 player and get like 12 points for it :tape:

:yeah:

Tezuka.
May 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Anna+Tatishvili+AEGON+Classic+Day+Three+6Opz_25fdT rl.jpg

A BBB.:scared:

Anna Tati is the fav, no? She is very tough, no? Big game, no? The princess needs to play her best, no? And Stop returning like sh!t, no? Also there is no need to play a BBB with brainless ballbashing, no? I'm very worried, no? :sad:

King Halep
May 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Chak is totally random, she could show up in any kind of form

King Halep
May 11th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Court 3 - 10am

1. Kai-Chen Chang (TPE) v. [10] Vera Dushevina (RUS)
2. [3] Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v. Alla Kudryavtseva (RUS)
3. Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) v. [9] Greta Arn (HUN)
4. [8] Anna Tatishvili (GEO) v. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)

GeorgianFan
May 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Ohhhhoooo two my faves :inlove: :devil:

sammy01
May 11th, 2012, 10:06 PM
tatashilivi doesn't hit the ball that hard, and her serve is all kids of shit.

i either expect anna to win 6-3, 6-4 or lose 6-3, 5-7, 5-7 lol

sweetadri06
May 12th, 2012, 02:11 AM
she has a winnable match then she might face Lepchencko...:unsure:

sammy01
May 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM
she has a winnable match then she might face Lepchencko...:unsure:

that might be a blessing, lepchenko played 6 matches in 6 days, has to fly to rome and play an play a 7th match in 7 days today before playing chak tomorrow should they both win for an 8th match in 8 days.

Tezuka.
May 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Important princess wins 6-4 6-1!!!!!!

http://justdisney.ru/img/70/707/CINDERELLA_Disney_Princess_Inspired_Makeup_Tutoria l_Icy_Blue_False_Lashes.jpg

King Halep
May 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Anna

Tezuka.
May 12th, 2012, 03:23 PM
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Anna+Tatishvili+AEGON+Classic+Day+Three+6Opz_25fdT rl.jpg

A BBB.:scared:

Anna Tati is the fav, no? She is very tough, no? Big game, no? The princess needs to play her best, no? And Stop returning like sh!t, no? Also there is no need to play a BBB with brainless ballbashing, no? I'm very worried, no? :sad:

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/14b3k11.gif

King Halep
May 12th, 2012, 05:17 PM
are you talking to yourself?

Fantasy Hero
May 12th, 2012, 05:22 PM
nice win indeed ;)

Tezuka.
May 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM
are you talking to yourself?

I like talking with myself. It's one of my fav hobbies.

sammy01
May 12th, 2012, 06:46 PM
glad she won, keep it up chak :)

Rafa_thebest
May 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM
WOO HOO! Good win Anna! Good luck tomorrow against Varvara!

sammy01
May 12th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Important Princess has her eyes on the ball and ready to qualify tomorrow <3

http://z.hubpages.com/u/713320_f260.jpg

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
possible qualifying spots -

cibulkova
cetkovska
qualifier
petrova
goerges
kerber
brianti

well brianti or another qualifier look best to me.

Fantasy Hero
May 13th, 2012, 06:24 PM
nice job qualifying here :yeah: quite some really bad possible chances, but i am confident :D

dornik
May 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
possible qualifying spots -

cibulkova
cetkovska
qualifier
petrova
goerges
kerber
brianti

well brianti or another qualifier look best to me.

petrova!

Tezuka.
May 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Petrova please. :lol:

dornik
May 13th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Petrova please. :lol:

seriously! she's "dismantled" lately! ;)

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 06:36 PM
brianti would be nicer than petrova. i don't think anna and petrova ever played on clay and it is nadia's best surface

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
she has drawn another qualifier sloane stephens, the winner to play either flav or kirilenko.

really she has to take advantage of drawing stephens, she has been a mess recently sob

edit and she doesn't play tomorrow, she plays tuesday

Rafa_thebest
May 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
brianti would be nicer than petrova. i don't think anna and petrova ever played on clay and it is nadia's best surface

THIS! I was thinking Petrova too but Nadia might be tricky in clay!

dornik
May 13th, 2012, 06:41 PM
nadia's best surface

Used to be. Even if it's still her best, Nadia's huge problem is her psychology. She can't find any motivation to play.

dornik
May 13th, 2012, 06:43 PM
she has to take advantage of drawing stephens

she's lucky!

Tezuka.
May 13th, 2012, 07:01 PM
That's maybe the best possible draw for her. Hopefully she takes full advantage of it.

Rafa_thebest
May 13th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Nice draw! another american youngster! she's not having a good year! let's hope Anna can win thie MD match! GO ANNA! :D

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM
btw anna is back in the top 300 win or lose her 1st round match :worship: :tape:

Tezuka.
May 13th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Back in Top 300!!!!! Yeah baby!! Your fav could neva!!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/tumblr_lr1mc8ZWym1r0n1abo2_250-1.gif

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/mky6ts-1.gif

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/t7nb4i.gif

Rafa_thebest
May 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Back in Top 300!!!!! Yeah baby!! Your fav could neva!!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/tumblr_lr1mc8ZWym1r0n1abo2_250-1.gif

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/mky6ts-1.gif

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/t7nb4i.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: LIKE A BOSS!

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 08:42 PM
if she wins her 1st round it is back in the top 250, we gonna party like it is 1999 if that happens :inlove:

rucolo
May 13th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Well done on Qualifying for Rome MD, Anna! :);)

Now beat Stephens and get those 70 ranking points. Don`t fuck this up :o

Jane Lane
May 13th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Such a good draw. I hate doing this but it really is a dream draw. Stephens and then Kiri or Flavia who've both been injured.

Knowing Anna she will fuck it up. :lol:

sammy01
May 13th, 2012, 11:20 PM
i'm expecting her to lose 6-3, 5-7, 4-6 to stephens :tears: she will obviously be in control after the 1st set but drop her serve to start the 2nd set and be playing catch up in it the whole time and then obviously crack serving at 5-6. the 3rd set she will have 23 bp's and not break then at 3-3 gets broken when stephens takes her 1st bp. sobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Blackowl_1
May 13th, 2012, 11:33 PM
i'm expecting her to lose 6-3, 5-7, 4-6 to stephens :tears: she will obviously be in control after the 1st set but drop her serve to start the 2nd set and be playing catch up in it the whole time and then obviously crack serving at 5-6. the 3rd set she will have 23 bp's and not break then at 3-3 gets broken when stephens takes her 1st bp. sobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Even though you might be right,Sloane isn't kind of player that uses her chances..All that Anna needs is a good serve,because we all know how Sloane's serve can be messy :p

HowardH
May 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I think she'll beat Sloane. Let's see. It's a good draw.

peanuts
May 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Glad to see Anna making it in the MD. :cheer: First round is winnable. :p

Rafa_thebest
May 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Anna will play the first match on Court 6 (11:00) GO ANNA!! GET TO THE 2ND ROUND!!

sammy01
May 14th, 2012, 07:25 PM
i wont be here to follow the match, so good luck anna!

Tezuka.
May 14th, 2012, 08:12 PM
There is one thing I'm almost sure about. She will lose the 2nd set. :o

sammy01
May 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
only desperate players bother with 2nd sets. chak is that good she tanks the 2nd set :inlove:

Tezuka.
May 14th, 2012, 08:50 PM
She reminds me of Dolgopolov. Tanks/loses 2nd sets all the time for no reason.

sammy01
May 14th, 2012, 08:57 PM
just to prove how amaze she is. she also makes players serves look like serena these days cus she is so confident she barely tries on return :inlove:

Jane Lane
May 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Imagine if they played mixed together? The fucks that would not be given :rolls:

Tezuka.
May 14th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Imagine if they played mixed together? The fucks that would not be given :rolls:

:lol:

Tezuka.
May 14th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I watched only one match for Sloane. It was against Sveta in AO this year. She has potential but i've never seen her play on clay.

King Halep
May 14th, 2012, 10:02 PM
She reminds me of Dolgopolov. Tanks/loses 2nd sets all the time for no reason.

kvitova

_inocencia_
May 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
so heppy that she Q. I was not able "livescoring" vs lepchenko, but i can against sloane
tones of luck chak

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
What an awful clay season.

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
:haha:

http://i43.tinypic.com/x1dimg.gif

Rafa_thebest
May 15th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Anna just can't win a MD match these days! :( Good luck in Brussels! she really isn't taking her oportunities! all of her MD matches have been very winnables! :(

sweetadri06
May 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Not taking advantage of her draws, she could have won this match. get your ass to Brussels and try to win atleast one match. :(

Wintermute
May 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Oh no! I thought this was really winnable. And again it was pretty close. Qualifying is all well and good but you don't get many points for it and that's what she needs. She was desperate for a kind main draw match-up and I assumed this was it. :sad:

If she doesn't start getting some MD wins she'll be very soon in ITFs in god knows where.

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/Bids99/tomcruiselaugh.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 06:42 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view/803661/fainting-o.gif

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Why Anna? Why you do this to us? I'm really sick of this.:sad: You can't even win a DAMN MD match anymore!! WTH is that??!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/f9a46f6d-1.gif

Win a MD match ffs!!!!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/5d87592b.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 06:47 PM
^drama queen

http://i42.tinypic.com/c43kw.jpg

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp0eko1iJ51qd1f3so19_r1_400.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 06:52 PM
:tears:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqtx4oFvZJ1qefvypo2_r1_250.gif

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
^drama queen

http://i42.tinypic.com/c43kw.jpg

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/1z1wbqd.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 07:06 PM
arghh you desecrated pale princess's forum

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 07:16 PM
arghh you desecrated pale princess's forum

Jealous of her majesty? I see ..

:sport:

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM
i must counter the ugliness with the only known cure

:hearts:

http://i.imgur.com/b3B1Q.gif

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 07:32 PM
i must counter the ugliness with the only known cure

:hearts:

http://i.imgur.com/b3B1Q.gif

What is she doing here??! A retarded dance?

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/eia076.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 07:44 PM
What is she doing here??! A retarded dance?

[IMG]http://i623.p

tom cruise so retarted

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z1gyus.gif

my avatar prettier than urs :hearts: :hearts:

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
my avatar prettier than urs :hearts: :hearts:

Yeah right!

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/tumblr_lj95liqzrj1qfkiv8.gif

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 07:55 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2jbqpar.gif

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ok, this is enough. :lol:

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Im fking bored, theres no more tennis this week, as usual

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Im fking bored, theres no more tennis this week, as usual

Yeah, me too.

Tezuka.
May 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Stuttgart/Hobart were the only good tournements (tennis-wise) I saw this year. There is not much on the ATP side either. Even the AO wasn't good. Very average/boring year so far and this clay season is beyond awful apart from Stuttgart.

Anna should play in MM events consistently or ITFs if she can't get a MD win in big events.

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Wozniacki-Kerber and Kvitova-Kerber at Stuttgart were good matches. The WTA is missing Clijster.

King Halep
May 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Anna is into MD :hearts:

She can lose first round without qualifying this time :wavey:

Rafa_thebest
May 16th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Good to read she's in the MD of Brussels! C'MON ANNA! Get some points here! u need them to get to the qualies of Wimbledon!

Blackowl_1
May 16th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hope Chaky will win at least two matches :) She's playing thru some rust,but she can do it! Go Anna <3

dornik
May 17th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I don't think her clay season 2012 will be a successful one

Rafa_thebest
May 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Do u guys know anything about Anna and RG? will she play? did she get a wc?

Wintermute
May 17th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Well she hasn't got a wildcard. What's the cut-off for qualies?

Rafa_thebest
May 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Well she hasn't got a wildcard. What's the cut-off for qualies?

Yes, just read she didn't get a WC! i don't know but i really doubt her ranking allows her to play! :sad: It'd be so bad if she can't play in Paris :sad:

Wintermute
May 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
That's right. The entry for RG is based on rankings this week so no chance of getting in this year. Such a shame! I really think she was deserving of at least a qualy wild card considering she's a former quarter-finalist and top 5 player. But never mind. Means she's coming to England a bit earlier than expected.

krul
May 19th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Draw

(1)Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) v bye
Greta Arn (HUN) v Nadia Petrova (RUS)
Ksenia Pervak (KAZ) v (wc)Alison Van Uytvanck (BEL)
Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v (5)Roberta Vinci (ITA)

(3)Angelique Kerber (GER) v Kateryna Bondarenko (UKR)
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) v Tsvetana Pironkova (BLR)
(wc)Tamaryn Hendler (BEL) v Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)
Q v (8)Kaia Kanepi (EST)

(6/wc)Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v Simona Halep (ROU)
Monica Niculescu (ROU) v Q
Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) v Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
Christina McHale (USA) v (4)Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

(7)Shuai Peng (CHN) v Sofia Arvidsson (SWE)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v Q
Q v Varvara Lepchenko (USA)
(2)Marion Bartoli (FRA) v bye

Fantasy Hero
May 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Nina isn't in a terrific form so she might even snatch her a win, but i don't see her going any further :awww:

Wintermute
May 19th, 2012, 03:02 PM
At least she didn't draw a seed or Pervak.

Tezuka.
May 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Tough draw but any draw is tough for her these days.

Rafa_thebest
May 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Tough draw but any draw is tough for her these days.

THIS! Good luck, Anna! :bounce: :D

King Halep
May 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Nina isn't in a terrific form so she might even snatch her a win, but i don't see her going any further :awww:

yeah and everyone she has played in first rounds has not been in a terrific form. Good Luck in the grass!!!

Wintermute
May 19th, 2012, 11:50 PM
yeah and everyone she has played in first rounds has not been in a terrific form. Good Luck in the grass!!!

:sobbing:

_inocencia_
May 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
i don't think she'll beat wickmayer. W. playing in belgium, she'll be ready at home. it will be another early exit :-/. this clay season is so sad :-/

sweetadri06
May 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
i think she has a shot of winning a round here. Wickmayer is not in good form this year. PLease Anna. :(

_inocencia_
May 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
is there going to be livestream chak.-wick. ? :shout: :hehehe:

sammy01
May 21st, 2012, 09:45 PM
chak plays tomorrow (tues) centre court at brussels, it is the feature match

delicatecutter
May 22nd, 2012, 02:11 AM
Praying for the dream run to start tomorrow.

doujyr
May 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
I really think she was deserving of at least a qualy wild card considering she's a former quarter-finalist and top 5 player.

didn't she even get a qualie wc? that is pathetic :mad:

Rafa_thebest
May 22nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Anna LOST another three setter!:sad: she REALLY REALLY needs a coach! GOOD LUCK IN THE GRASS SEASON!

Tezuka.
May 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt320/Janko_107/22-05-201218-34-12.jpg

sweetadri06
May 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
This is getting very frustrating. She is winning matches in qualifying but not in MD. I think going back to ITFs may be the best choice at this time.

Fantasy Hero
May 22nd, 2012, 05:26 PM
:sobbing: and she's not even playing RG then? :sobbing:

Wintermute
May 22nd, 2012, 05:56 PM
:bigcry: This loss is painful. I think Anna needed a couple of wins here to get her ranking up and into Wimbledon qualies. As it is I don't think she'll be playing there either.

Yes, it looks like ITFs for a while.

Rafa_thebest
May 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Do you guys think she wasted her PR entering this big tourneys?

sammy01
May 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
yep, should have played all the MM's clay tournaments instead of trying out the big premier qualifying draws.

anyway what is done is done, at least now she will be forced to do the right thing and play itf's and MM tournaments.

cant wait for notts :)