PDA

View Full Version : One of my first threads

alfajeffster
Apr 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
By the way, I'm a little peeved that childish behavior has apparently closed a thread that I still want to post and contribute to. Whomever is doing this, let me share and early experience I had in BFTP.

Not really knowing who or what came before me, when I found the Blast, I was happy to find a group of very knowledgeable players and historians who could carry on intelligent and polite, but informative discussions. I learned and still am learning a great deal just reading. I remember one of my first threads (and I was so proud of it) was regarding the Graf/Seles h2h, touting Steffi's record. I remember being showered with bad reps and very rude comments in PMs. If I had known that this was such a sore subject, I wouldn't have posted it at all. After watching the endless, and mostly rude and hateful posts over the years, I can see why some people I used to enjoy and learn from no longer or rarely frequented the Blast. They just got disgusted at the hateful comments and left. This is supposed to be fun- let's have fun. I have learned who the favorite players are of many of the old guard, and have playfully jibed and joked over the years, but only after they knew I was being sarcastic and I felt I wasn't being offensive to anyone.

So, do me a favor, whoever you are. If you have an issue with another poster that gets to you so badly you feel the need to use ugly, hateful, juvenile language, please go ruin someone else's experience. I had more add to that Navratilova/Graf thread, and now it's CLOSED!

gabybackhand
Apr 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!
I sometimes feel the same, when someone starts using rude or unnecesary aggressive words when discussing about a given issue, or rather I'd say argue, because they get so out of proportion regarding what we enjoy talking about here. And it always amazes me that whoever insults someone with rude expressions (stupid, moron, retard, and others come to mind), doesn't realize that the one posting them is really making himself looking bad and getting a bad name.

Rollo
Apr 18th, 2012, 03:31 PM
So, do me a favor, whoever you are. If you have an issue with another poster that gets to you so badly you feel the need to use ugly, hateful, juvenile language, please go ruin someone else's experience. I had more add to that Navratilova/Graf thread, and now it's CLOSED!

:worship::worship: to both you and Gabybackhand.

Thread reopened.

This is supposed to be fun- let's have fun. I have learned who the favorite players are of many of the old guard, and have playfully jibed and joked over the years, but only after they knew I was being sarcastic and I felt I wasn't being offensive to anyone.

Exactly. Which is why humor will always carry one far in my book.