PDA

View Full Version : What are the credits?

Israel
Apr 12th, 2012, 12:09 AM
I've been looking anything about them all over the website and haven't found a thing.
I also banked all of them or something, what does that do?
Thanks.

Meelis
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Credits/vcash has no functional purpose any more. There used to be a virtual bookie, where vcash was used to betting on tennis matches, but it longer exists.

If you put your credits into bank, then you will get 4% interest every 30 days.

Kəv.
Apr 12th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Can we use these credits to get a premium membership? :oh:

Israel
Apr 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Credits/vcash has no functional purpose any more. There used to be a virtual bookie, where vcash was used to betting on tennis matches, but it longer exists.

If you put your credits into bank, then you will get 4% interest every 30 days.
Okay and what is that interest used for?

Meelis
Apr 12th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Okay and what is that interest used for?

For nothing. You will have more credits, but you still canīt do anything with them.

The Kaz
Apr 15th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I miss vBetting :awww:

Reptilia
Apr 15th, 2012, 01:16 AM
For nothing. You will have more credits, but you still canīt do anything with them.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

C. Drone
Apr 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I miss vBetting :awww:

this.

BeyRena
Apr 6th, 2013, 09:13 PM
And how do you get those credits?

Meelis
Apr 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
And how do you get those credits?

Making posts, opening new threads (and getting replies), voting in polls, rating threads etc.

KeysisGOAT
Apr 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Two questions, why did you get rid of the vBookie and will it ever be coming back?

Having vCash which serves no purpose is just stupid. We have rep, do we really neede two sets of meaningless numbers?

Meelis
Apr 8th, 2013, 01:22 PM
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=340512

vBookie will not come back.

Credits can be turned off, but some people wanted to keep them iirc.

Super Dave
Jun 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Isn't it strange that we no longer have vbookie because the WTA wanted this site to have nothing to do with betting, even though it was virtual betting...

...Yet there exists a thread on real tennis betting?

I have no problem with that thread, nor do I have a problem with real betting, but why can that thread exist and vbookie can't?

James
Jun 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Difference being that the actual betting is not done on this site. They could not find fault with us here (hopefully).

DollyRose
Aug 29th, 2013, 05:26 AM
v-Bookie is on other Forums that this same company owns so I can't understand why it was just stopped here? But since it has been stopped and is apparently not coming back I think the Credits should be done away with also!

James
Aug 29th, 2013, 05:44 AM
v-Bookie is on other Forums that this same company owns so I can't understand why it was just stopped here? But since it has been stopped and is apparently not coming back I think the Credits should be done away with also!

Check the link that Meelis gave in post #12. It is due to the WTA complaining, the ATP apparently is not against virtual betting in the same way. People have often wanted to use the credits for something. We have asked the webmaster about this before, and it is apparently being looked at. No luck there so far however.

DollyRose
Aug 29th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I just noticed that v-Bookie is still listed here even though we don't have it so maybe it is just listed on the other Forums, but they don't have it either? So I also think the listing of v-Bookie should be removed from this site. It could be considered as false advertising to list an activity that is not actually here!

xzchief
Aug 29th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Time for another webmaster then. Either that or time for another administrator.

SOA_MC
Aug 29th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Perhaps you could allow users to transfer credits from this forum over to their menstennisforum.com account?

DollyRose
Sep 7th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Perhaps you could allow users to transfer credits from this forum over to their menstennisforum.com account?

That is an idea, but I don't know how it could be done? I understand the legal problem with the site's former name, but I don't see how since this site is not connected to the WTA they can tell this Forum that we can't have vBookie?

DollyRose
Sep 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Bingo! I'm slow, but I finally figured out why the WTA didn't want us to be able to use v-Bookie! The credits are earned by posting here at the Forum. And the WTA figured wrongly that people would stop posting or at least not post as often due to the lack of use for the credits! I really do think this issue should be revisited myself! Years have gone by since the name change and I think we should try to take action to get v-Bookie back!

charmedRic
Sep 10th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Let's think of a good use (maybe betting could fly now) and then start a petition?

The other thing that I've thought about was since you can "DONATE" your credits, would be starting a new game where you wager your credits. So it'd be like a virtual bookie but since it isn't the "management" doing it, then perhaps it could fly.

Alternatively, you could have a prediction tournament where you buy-in and get back a pay-off based on the results.

DollyRose
Sep 10th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Let's think of a good use (maybe betting could fly now) and then start a petition?

The other thing that I've thought about was since you can "DONATE" your credits, would be starting a new game where you wager your credits. So it'd be like a virtual bookie but since it isn't the "management" doing it, then perhaps it could fly.

Alternatively, you could have a prediction tournament where you buy-in and get back a pay-off based on the results.

I have already been told by James that v-Bookie can not come back! So that is out as an option and I'm not a very creative person myself so I have no idea what can be done with those credits! But I will say if they aren't being used for anything at all I think they should be gone from the Forum. I also think the word "vBookie" should be removed from the site. As I'm typing this I'm looking at the word "vBookie", which we don't have and will never have again.

tripler
Sep 28th, 2013, 03:03 AM
I was going to ask this. I'm going to bank my credits now and hope it happens.

DollyRose
Oct 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I was going to ask this. I'm going to bank my credits now and hope it happens.

I don't guess tripler will be banking any credits? I was going to Rep him for this post, but the Rep button isn't there. So I guess tripler isn't here? And with all that Red in the Rep area I can understand why!

DollyRose
Nov 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
I have to say that the fact we keep getting credits, but can't use them is the only thing I don't like about the Forum!

Six Feet Under
Nov 6th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I bank my credits and I've never used V-bookie :sobbing:

DollyRose
Nov 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM
That's just it you can't use vBookie here because we aren't allowed to, but what they were talking about was being able to send over and use the credits in vBookie at MTF where vBookie is allowed. But it was never decided, if that could actually be done or not :shrug: And, of course, if you don't have an account at MTF you wouldn't have any use for the credits anyway.