PDA

View Full Version : Which pop girl has the best lead single?

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Out of the current pop girls which one has the best leading single from their latest album?

-Edv8Onsrgg&ob=av3e

wV1FrqwZyKw&ob=av3e

VBmMU_iwe6U&ob=av3e

uuwfgXD8qV8

tg00YEETFzg&ob=av3e

cItHOl5LRWg

0C_oNMH0GTk&ob=av3e

tQmEd_UeeIk&ob=av2e

Or perhaps you preferred another lead singles from a not well known artist?

The Witch-king
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
We Found Love

NeKo
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Skylar Grey - Invisible
Kelly Clarkson - Mr Know It All

Mary Cherry.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Does Part of Me count as a lead single? Isn't it just from a re-release of Teenage Dream?

As for the rest, I think everyone's 2nd singles were much better so it's hard to judge :unsure: I'll go with Kelly.

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
Does Part of Me count as a lead single? Isn't it just from a re-release of Teenage Dream?

Well it's the lead song from Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection :p

Soliloque
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Caroline Wozniacki's missing.

sfan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
I really like Britney and the song is good too.

Emiel Goelen
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Rihanna. No contest.

volta
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Rihanna and it's not even close

Lulu.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
Rihanna for me.

young_gunner913
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Rihanna for sure.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Rihanna is the only decent one :lol:

Monica_Rules
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Born This Way

If Only Girl was in there I would have gone for that

Adal
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
1. We Found Love
2. Hold It Against me
3. Part of Me

The rest are horrible.

Novichok
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM
Definitely Rihsus.

delicatecutter
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
The Kelly, Avril, and Madonna songs are the only ones I like.

Reptilia
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:12 PM
We Found Love. Without a doubt.

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM
Part of Me with no votes :haha:

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:14 AM
What The Hell.

young_gunner913
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:17 AM

:rolls: Shitty Perry :worship:

Charlatan
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:00 AM
We Found Love. and by no means was it meant to compliment Rihanna. That being said, I have to say her team sure knows how to promote her bubblegum music to sell well to the younger audience

delicatecutter
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:07 AM
When We Found Love first came out, I remember the reception being tepid at best. I have no idea how it became such a huge hit. It's such a simple and repetitive song. RR and OG were much stronger lead singles IMO.

Reptilia
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM
When We Found Love first came out, I remember the reception being tepid at best. I have no idea how it became such a huge hit. It's such a simple and repetitive song. RR and OG were much stronger lead singles IMO.

Simple and repetive with a good beat = amazing in the clubs. WFL is much better than OG

I think the video really helped it become a massive hit. It didn't hit #1 on itunes right away like most of lead singles (HIAM, POM BTW etc) but after the video dropped, it was number 1 on itunes for weeks and that Rihanna reign just would not let up :worship:

10 weeks billboard number 1, bb. Avril and Kelly could neva :hug:

the jamierbelyea
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Simple and repetive with a good beat = amazing in the clubs. WFL is much better than OG

I think the video really helped it become a massive hit. It didn't hit #1 on itunes right away like most of lead singles (HIAM, POM BTW etc) but after the video dropped, it was number 1 on itunes for weeks and that Rihanna reign just would not let up :worship:

but Ashanti did. :tape:, but I guess Rihanna is sort of the present day Ashanti.

delicatecutter
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM
but Ashanti did. :tape:, but I guess Rihanna is sort of the present day Ashanti.

:hysteric:

volta
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Madonna should be the one with no votes because that track is horrendous.

I don't like k80 so this works out for me as well :lol:

The video made it HUGE. The song was doing good and ok here and there but once she released the video the song exploded (rightfully so)

NeKo
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Why all the songs today must be catchy and for the clubs? All the songs nowadays are made for the clubs. There are not ballads anymore, except Adele which I don't understand why she is not in the list, I totally forgot about her. R&B is dead, too.

The '80 dance music was much better than what we have today, actually the music we had in the '80s was probably the best music eras ever, from Modern Talking, CC Catch, Laura Branigan, Michael Jackson to Phill Collins or Sandra.

Slutiana
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Adele - Rolling in the Deep.

As for the rest, I think everyone's 2nd singles were much better so it's hard to judge :unsure: I'll go with Kelly.
For real. They all had such horrible first songs. And none more than Katy if we use California Gurls.

Sing. Rihanna could neva :hug:

And the question isn't which song appeals to clubbers while drunk, high and god knows what else. It's asking which is the best song. :lol:
:tape:

Invisible Fan
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:44 PM
The '80 dance music was much better than what we have today, actually the music we had in the '80s was probably the best music eras ever, from Modern Talking, CC Catch, Laura Branigan, Michael Jackson to Phill Collins or Sandra.

My favourite era of music is the late 70s to mid 80s. So many great bands.

On topic most of these songs suck even Avril - and I loved her first two albums.

Mikey.
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:45 PM
From this list, Rihanna. :lol:

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Adele - Rolling in the Deep.

I didn't include RITD because Adele's not really 100% pop, but it's definately better than all the other songs

M.P
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
1 Rihanna
2 Kelly
3 Britney

rest are BLAH

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Rolling in the Deep is the worst :facepalm:. At this point I die a little inside everytime it comes on at my work. It was never that good to begin with but now it's overplayed to oblivion. And of course Someone Like You is just as overplayed :rolleyes:.

Not a nice world these days if you're not an Adull fan :facepalm:.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Desuetude to the rescue. :hearts:

Wasn't HIAM a Teenage Dream reject btw? :lol: Out of this list I'd pick WFL and POM.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM

Well she had to make up for her handful of fluke one-week #1 singles at some point (*cough* Only Girl, S&M, What's My Name *cough*). :lol:

All of her singles have flopped ever since. If Where Have You Been also flops, time to wrap up and stay away from radio for a while. :lol:

new-york
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Yellow diamonds in the light. :inlove:

SwingVolley93
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM
How can anyone vote for We found Love...the only part that Ri sings in that song is the most repetitive line ever. Credit goes to David Guetta for his creation of the song, not ri...
:rolleyes:

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:07 PM
How can anyone vote for We found Love...the only part that Ri sings in that song is the most repetitive line ever. Credit goes to David Guetta for his creation of the song, not ri...
:rolleyes:

Actually it was Calvin Harris who produced the song, not David Guetta. Nice try though.

http://h11.abload.de/img/deathubjxn.gif

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Desuetude to the rescue. :hearts:

Wasn't HIAM a Teenage Dream reject btw? :lol: Out of this list I'd pick WFL and POM.

Such a Katy Kat :lol:

Was HIAM a Teenage Dream reject? I never knew that :haha:

SwingVolley93
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Actually it was Calvin Harris who produced the song, not David Guetta. Nice try though.

http://h11.abload.de/img/deathubjxn.gif

Whatever, im just letting you know Rihanna shouldnt get the credit for that song.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_lydazbb0SJ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Such a Katy Kat :lol:

Was HIAM a Teenage Dream reject? I never knew that :haha:
Yeah I read it somewhere, plus the writers of HIAM is the team Perry normally works with to write songs (Max Martin, Lukasz Gottwald, Dr. Luke, Bonnie McKee, etc).
Whatever, im just letting you know Rihanna shouldnt get the credit for that song.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_lydazbb0SJ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif
Rihanna shouldn't get credit for ANY of her songs. :lol: Her writers and producers are the real artists.

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
And here we go with the stan wars. :yawn:

NeKo
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Rihanna shouldn't get credit for ANY of her songs. :lol: Her writers and producers are the real artists.

It's amazing how Rihanna is getting credit for "I Love The Way You Lie" while the original song, written by Skylar Grey is way better, in my opinion. Even just as a performance, not just a version. Rihanna is also not a great singer live.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:00 PM
It's amazing how Rihanna is getting credit for "I Love The Way You Lie" while the original song, written by Skylar Grey is way better, in my opinion. Even just as a performance, not just a version. Rihanna is also not a great singer live.
Rihanna probably begged GOATminem to get vocals on the song just so she could reap some benefits of this song's success, which later on appeared to be worldwide smash. :lol:

SwingVolley93
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
TBH the only good thing RiRi has done is her golden Good Girl Gone Bad Album. In all honesty that was one of the best albums, everything she does now...sucks...:shrug:

Rihanna and Amy Winehouse were hands down the most impressive artists of 2007.

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
TBH the only good thing RiRi has done is her golden Good Girl Gone Bad Album. In all honesty that was one of the best albums, everything she does now...sucks...:shrug:

I loved Rated R as well :hearts: Loud was a good album but not as impressive as GGGB or RR.

I didn't like Talk That Talk though minus a few songs (WFL, WHYB etc.)

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:31 PM

I own that album and the only songs I really used to like were Umbrella and Sell Me Candy. I think I only ever bought it because the album cover looked good when I saw it in the store. :lol:

NeKo
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Rihanna probably begged GOATminem to get vocals on the song just so she could reap some benefits of this song's success, which later on appeared to be worldwide smash. :lol:

Well, Eminem has some good choices :) . Skylar Grey also wrote "I need a Doctor" and she wanted Lady Gaga to sing the chorus, but Eminem refused, so she ended up singing. But it's interesting how Rihanna gets credit for that song, even if the original is way better because of Skylar Grey's voice, but she made a terrible mistake selling the song to Eminem, who chose a more popular diva to sing it :rolleyes: .

Novichok
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I didn't know Katy Perry had stans. Interesting...

duhcity
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I will put down We Found Love as one of the greatest songs of all time.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I prefer genuine songwriting talent. :p

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Rated R and Good Girl Gone Bad>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Katy's entire discography

http://h13.abload.de/img/2ccco.gif

Novichok
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM

:unsure:
Imma need some receipts for this claim.

:yeah:

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Funny how Teenage Dream, Katy Perry's 2nd album, outsold both of those albums, supposedly Rihanna's best albums, in US opening week sales then. :lol:

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Funny how Teenage Dream, Katy Perry's 2nd album, outsold both of those albums, supposedly Rihanna's best albums, in US opening week sales then. :lol:

Sales =/= Quality

And you could have at least used total sales. First week sales mean nothing if all the album is going to do is crash and burn.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:51 PM
:unsure:
Imma need some receipts for this claim.
You merely need to look at the song credits for Rihanna's songs. Almost non-existent. She has one for "You da One"
, which is a terrible song, and one for "Rude Boy", a song which I really like. Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

I just looked at the album booklet for GGGB, not a single songwriting credit for Rihanna/Robyn Fenty on any of the 12 songs. :lol:

Katy Perry has written, or at least co-wrote, all of her songs.

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Sales =/= Quality

And you could have at least used total sales. First week sales mean nothing if all the album is going to do is crash and burn.
General buying public in the US disagrees. :shrug:

All three albums were released at least two years ago so there are hardly accurate numbers for total sales I think. I only know that TD passed the 2M mark in US sales a couple of months ago.

Novichok
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Katy Perry has written, or at least co-wrote, all of her songs.

Imma need some video footage of her in front a computer, or with pen and paper, or of some sort of verbal/signed communication with her and the other co-writers...

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:55 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17927694.jpg

Nicolás89
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
At least Rihanna's records have some sort of theme, Katy's are just ramdon provocative songs most of them making references to the male genitalia in their lyrics mixed together in an album.

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM
General buying public in the US disagrees. :shrug:

Is this the same general public that gave LMFAO 2 #1s?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-AoEVIRaCo24/Ts5zHCcsABI/AAAAAAAAArw/-bkI8rzANAs/s252/tumblr_lu107lzZQN1r4iiqvo14_r1_400.gif

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Imma need some video footage of her in front a computer, or with pen and paper, or of some sort of verbal/signed communication with her and the other co-writers...
Really? :lol: Okay then.

K16NvLCk2CY
@0:29 (she's in front of a computer along with I think Bonnie McKee :eek:)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/17927694.jpg
:lol:
Songwriting is not just lyrics. And she actually has a decent amount of songs people can relate to (lyrics and all) like Pearl, Not Like the Movies and Circle The Drain. But she also has braindead pop songs like Ur So Gay, Peacock and I guess you could count in Firework too solely because of the 'boom boom boom, even brighter than the moon' lyric.
At least Rihanna's records have some sort of theme, Katy's are just ramdon provocative songs most of them making references to the male genitalia in their lyrics mixed together in an album.
You obviously haven't heard her entire albums yet because her songs are not all random and provocative. Spare me the bullshit: listen to Not Like the Movies or most songs of her first album and tell me what's so provocative. :lol:

Novichok
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Really? :lol: Okay then.

K16NvLCk2CY

:eek: Thank you heaux! :p

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
:lol:
Songwriting is not just lyrics. And she actually has a decent amount of songs people can relate to (lyrics and all) like Pearl, Not Like the Movies and Circle The Drain. But she also has braindead pop songs like Ur So Gay, Peacock and I guess you could count in Firework too solely because of the 'boom boom boom, even brighter than the moon' lyric.

I would categorize a lot of her songs as brain dead pop music. :lol: But it's okay, I assume a lot of her fan base are at that age where they need some kind of guidance. And some is better than none I guess. :shrug:

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I would categorize a lot of her songs as brain dead pop music. :lol: But it's okay, I assume a lot of her fan base are at that age where they need some kind of guidance. And some is better than none I guess. :shrug:
I don't need no guidance to know that Katy Perry is a talented songwriter (ask Kelly Clarkson and Shitney then too :lol:), and that Rihanna has (bar Rude Boy) no credit to her name whatsoever on her supposed hits (her vocals sure as hell aren't making these songs become hits :happy:).

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I don't need no guidance to know that Katy Perry is a talented songwriter (ask Kelly Clarkson and Shitney then too :lol:), and that Rihanna has (bar Rude Boy) no credit to her name whatsoever on her supposed hits (her vocals sure as hell aren't making these songs become hits :happy:).

Okay..... ? :shrug: I'm not going to get involved in stan wars because it's completely retarded. So fight with LeRoy. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Okay..... ? :shrug: I'm not going to get involved in stan wars because it's completely retarded. So fight with LeRoy. :lol:
I don't care about this whole stan wars brawl. I just stated my opinion and now I'm out of here. :shrug:

NeKo
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:29 PM

If Katy Perry's songs are provocative, then how is "We Found Love" ? No need to talk about the music video. Also, Rihanna is always the star that tries to look more provocative on the stage, always. And Katy Perry writes her own songs.

What did Rihanna achieve? I mean, I'm not a Katy Perry fan, not at all. I don't see she is a better singer, but she writes her own songs, that means she an ability. Neither can sing good live. Well Perry sometimes does, Rihanna just sometimes, when she is not singing "I Love the way you lie", she can't even hit the high notes. I don't think she was the best choice for the song, the songwriter was the best choice, better voice, better live :cool:

The only very good singer in that list is Kelly Clarkson. Also Gaga and Avril are good.

young_gunner913
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I don't care about this whole stan wars brawl. I just stated my opinion and now I'm out of here. :shrug:

Bish, now you KNOW that's a lie! :lol: This thread is littered with receipts about who has more #1's, who's flopping, who's writing what. :lol:

Charlatan
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM

well, if Khia even has stans, why not for the other flops singers?

Novichok
Apr 5th, 2012, 10:16 PM
well, if Khia even has stans, why not for the other flops singers?

Yeah but Khia's personality>>>>>>>

Charlatan
Apr 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah but Khia's personality>>>>>>>

+ her tweets>>>>>>
:sobbing:

Reptilia
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM
K16NvLCk2CY

:

Wait, she's in front of a computer?? :eek::eek::eek:

Bitch please, she's probably playing solitaire.

Charlatan
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Wait, she's in front of a computer?? :eek::eek::eek:

Bitch please, she's probably playing solitaire.

:hysteric:

Lord Choc Ice
Apr 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I will put down We Found Love as one of the greatest songs of all time.
You're mad, you must be :unsure:.

SwingVolley93
Apr 6th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I own that album and the only songs I really used to like were Umbrella and Sell Me Candy. I think I only ever bought it because the album cover looked good when I saw it in the store. :lol:

Umbrella, Don't Stop The Music, Breaking Dishes, Take A Bow, Hate That I Love You, Rehab>>>>>Any Katy Perry Album. Katy has only 1 or 2 good songs that make it on her albums...:wavey:

NeKo
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM
^ That's your opinion, it's not a fact.

borrowedheaven
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Too bad Ellie Goulding isn't that popular, because as far as pop music goes, her music and lyrics are infinitely better than any of this.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Ellie Goulding is definitely underrated, but I think that's because you won't find Flo Rida featuring on any of her songs.

That said, she did do a song with Tinie Tempah :o

Break My Rapture
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Umbrella, Don't Stop The Music, Breaking Dishes, Take A Bow, Hate That I Love You, Rehab>>>>>Any Katy Perry Album. Katy has only 1 or 2 good songs that make it on her albums...:wavey:

^ That's your opinion, it's not a fact.
Definitely not a fact since Katy Perry's Teenage Dream album (original + reissue) generated 7 US smashes. So...thanks to this; we also now know something new about SwingVolley, he lives under a rock.

Charlatan
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:39 PM
we know something new about SwingVolley. He lives under a rock.

:rolls: you and aga fans never fail to make me laugh

LeRoy.
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM
The song that really brought dubstep into mainstream pop and had an amazing video to go along, HIAM. :worship:

borrowedheaven
Apr 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Ellie Goulding is definitely underrated, but I think that's because you won't find Flo Rida featuring on any of her songs.

That said, she did do a song with Tinie Tempah :o

Damn, I had completely surpressed the memory of that song :lol:

Break My Rapture
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
The song that really brought dubstep into mainstream pop and had an amazing video to go along, HIAM. :worship:
:sobbing:

Dubstep is not into mainstream pop right now. The inclusion of that random 30 second dubstep snippet more than likely slandered dubstep instead of making it popular. Most of my friends, who are batshit crazy about dubstep and its hype right now, were infuriated.

I quote one of them: "How dare she rape that bass...has her hair grown back by the way?" :sobbing:

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I thought this thread died :rolls:

Rihanna still leading :cheer: I think WFL is still the best song out of the poll

LeRoy.
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Dubstep is mainstream on US pop radio. Look at the US top 40 and then get back to me.

Mary Cherry.
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing about dubstep...

...it's fucking awful.

WowWow
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing about dubstep...

...it's fucking awful.

Fucking awful, yes! Eww.

delicatecutter
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Katy on a Mission is NOT awful. :p

Mary Cherry.
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:07 AM
If it's any consolation, Broken Record is good :oh:

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Dubstep is mainstream on US pop radio. Look at the US top 40 and then get back to me.
What is dubstep in the US top 40 right now? Not seeing what you mean TBH.

LeRoy.
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Not ONLY right now but post HIAM its like everyone has dubstep in their song. Be it Rihanna, Madonna, Ke$ha, Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, David Guetta, Martin Solveig etc etc.

It all started with Britney in "Freakshow" on her 2007 album "Blackout" but it really hit mainstream pop in 2011 after HIAM with Billboard saying this,

"Dubstep music has been burgeoning overseas and in patches of the U.S. for years, but the electronic genre emerged into the mainstream in 2011, after Britney Spears added a pinch of dubstep to her single "Hold It Against Me". "

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Not ONLY right now but post HIAM its like everyone has dubstep in their song. Be it Rihanna, Madonna, Ke$ha, Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj, David Guetta, Martin Solveig etc etc.

It all started with Britney in "Freakshow" on her 2007 album "Blackout" but it really hit mainstream pop in 2011 after HIAM with Billboard saying this,

"Dubstep music has been burgeoning overseas and in patches of the U.S. for years, but the electronic genre emerged into the mainstream in 2011, after Britney Spears added a pinch of dubstep to her single "Hold It Against Me". "
Rihanna, Madonna, Ke$ha have dubstep in their music? :lol:

"Freakshow" is not dubstep. It just samples the characteristic "wobwobwobwob" bass of dubstep, and it ends there. Dubstep became popular because of artists like Skrillex and Example, not because it was included in Britney's HIAM video. And I still see no dubstep songs in US top 40.

LeRoy.
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
"You Da One" has dubstep, "Gang Bang" has dubstep, FloRida feat Nicki Minaj has dubstep,....

Dubstep has been around for a while but its influence on pop/mainstream music is new.

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:50 AM
"You Da One" has dubstep, "Gang Bang" has dubstep, FloRida feat Nicki Minaj has dubstep,....

Dubstep has been around for a while but its influence on pop/mainstream music is new.
I don't hear anything dubstep-esque in You Da Flop. You're probably referring to that failed and slowed down breakdown before the final chorus in YDO, that's hardly dubstep. Gang Bang has a proper dubstep breakdown I guess.
But dubstep isn't really mainstream pop.

LeRoy.
Apr 9th, 2012, 12:54 AM
We'll agree to disagree then. Everyone, but you, seems to think Rihanna's song has a dubstep bridge and that dubstep is now being routinely used in mainstream pop music.

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:05 AM
and that dubstep is now being routinely used in mainstream pop music.
Dubstep ELEMENTS are incorporated in some pop songs.

But there is no music that truly and fully fits the characterization of dubstep in mainstream success right now. That's my point and why I disagreed to your 'dubstep is mainstream on US pop radio' statement. But fair enough, let's drop it.

LeRoy.
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Duh ! Of course we were talking about elements of dubstep being incorporated into pop songs all along. :spit: :haha:

Reptilia
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM
You're both incredibly annoying. STFU

ranfurly
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Where is Judy Garland in this Pol? Dame Vera Lynn? Doris Day? Dolly Parton? Gracie Fields? Leontyne Price? Caballe?

How about Cher? she beats all these bitches.

Break My Rapture
Apr 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
No1curr. STFU yourself.

Steadyniacki
Apr 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Strangely, I think Run the World, although Beyonce isn't my favourite artist. (I hate We found Love BTW.)

Chip.
Apr 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Where's 'Oxygen' on the poll? :tears:

Charlatan
Apr 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM

No1curr. STFU yourself.

:explode:

NeKo
Apr 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Where is Judy Garland in this Pol? Dame Vera Lynn? Doris Day? Dolly Parton? Gracie Fields? Leontyne Price? Caballe?

How about Cher? she beats all these bitches.

Skylar Grey?!

That's because dance music is an influence to dubstep genre, which I am no fan of. The real instruments music is dying, now music is being made on PCs.

Laura_VeeFan
Apr 9th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Where's 'Oxygen' on the poll? :tears:

Well I wanted to make it fair on the others :tears: