PDA

View Full Version : 10 Things to be Remembered after Miami

Dan_Doe
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Now, you see...I've written this in notepad a few days ago and then found out I'm not able to make threads 'cause of the TF policies. Nevertheless, I'll post it now, hope ye don't mind, because I think Miami answered some questions and asked some new ones. This is my list of 10 things that we should take into consideration after Miami:

1) Muguruza :worship:
2) Barthel is the real #2 still needs to prove herself.
3) Radwanska actually can win against top 10 players :nerner:
4) Azarenka is a human being.
5) Williams sisters are zombies. Dead, but still able to beat the hell out of you.
6) Wozniacki is not dead yet and Sharapova can't win a final anymore. Bartoli always loses after a great win.
7) Pushers are taking over :tape:
8) Azarenka and Sharapova are the newest partly members of Pushers Convention :oh:
9) Li 4-41 :facepalm:
10) Cibulkova is Chuck Norris (can outclass the goat and still not win the match) :worship:

Anything else to add? I think it was a great tournament...for WTA's standards, which are not quite high nowadays:oh:

backhandsmash
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
11) 1 winner per set is too much for Maria.

Blu€
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM

:oh: mean :p

Dan_Doe
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:30 PM
:oh: mean :p

It may be mean, but it's true, though:oh:

Stonerpova
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM

:sobbing:

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Now, you see...I've written this in notepad a few days ago and then found out I'm not able to make threads 'cause of the TF policies. Nevertheless, I'll post it now, hope ye don't mind, because I think Miami answered some questions and asked some new ones. This is my list of 10 things that we should take into consideration after Miami:

5) Williams sisters are zombies. Dead, but still able to beat the hell out of you.
6) Wozniacki is not dead yet and Sharapova can't win a final anymore. Bartoli always loses after a great win.
8) Azarenka and Sharapova are the newest partly members of Pushers Convention :oh:
10) Cibulkova is Chuck Norris (can outclass the goat and still not win the match) :worship:

Anything else to add? I think it was a great tournament...for WTA's standards, which are not quite high nowadays:oh:

I think she had like 150 UE's in those 4 matches she played :lol:

Simugna Help
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
12) Lisicki is insecure even when she's up a set

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
12) Lisicki is insecure even when she's up a set

You can say that about all women tennis players :oh:

Utterchaos
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Pusher dominated tournament

C. Drone
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM

not only for Maria. Many of us were disgusted.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
not only for Maria. Many of us were disgusted.

Were you also disgusted when Sharapova beat Li with only 6 winners over 2 sets?

Miracle Worker
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
I like part about Venus and Serena :spit:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxmignyqCC1r6xgr6o2_250.gif

:haha:

backhandsmash
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxmignyqCC1r6xgr6o2_250.gif

:haha:

Where is that from?

NashaMasha
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM

I was , But Na was so pathetic , that we cannot call this Na's self-humilaton a match

Fantasy Hero
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Where is that from?

i dunno, tumblr is the source of the gif though :p

faboozadoo15
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:06 PM

Joke is one you because Sharapova had more winners and fewer errors than Li.

C. Drone
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM

ha. ha. ha.

yeah, lets just overgeneralize. Why the fuck not?

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Joke is one you because Sharapova had more winners and fewer errors than Li.

Actually to hit only 6 winners against an opponent who is unable to hit any winners off of you is even more alarming to me. Basically you end up with a match where both players are then waiting for the other to make an error. Both players for goodness sake. That isn't good. When your opponent has 4 winners to 41 errors, hitting more winners and fewer errors than them is hardly something to write home about. Particularly when your own numbers are 6 winners and 18 errors.

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Interesting how it was always Martha, and not say the WS, who was picked by the pusher apologists as their bęte noire, as the symbol of the tennis they hate. That's why they've been running riot over GM and gloating 24-7 as of late. Their poster girl beat their most hated enemy.

Craig.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Shvedbarilescu with the exact same speech in every thread mentioning Sharapova. :haha:

Qetusi
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Actually to hit only 6 winners against an opponent who is unable to hit any winners off of you is even more alarming to me. Basically you end up with a match where both players are then waiting for the other to make an error. Both players for goodness sake. That isn't good. When your opponent has 4 winners to 41 errors, hitting more winners and fewer errors than them is hardly something to write home about. Particularly when your own numbers are 6 winners and 18 errors.

Oh C'mon , you are so funny ... really

Maria hit 50 winners in the next match , WHEN SHE NEEDED

flareon
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
I agree about mona Barthel she still needs to prove herself.

13) Kim Clijsters will never be fit again :sobbing:

MK Ultra
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
14) Kiri looks good as a bunny.

:oh:

Simugna Help
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:51 PM

We already know Agatha didn't need to hit many winners against Martha to win the match. She hit more against Bartoli because she needed them. :shrug:

14) Kiri looks good as a bunny.
That was a great photo! :hearts:

duhcity
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:08 PM

You should reevaluate your argument - Radwanska hit only 1 winner when she needed to.

Stonerpova
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM

While watching the match, absolutely. But when I considered she only had to keep the ball in court to bagel Li, not so much.

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:28 PM

If she is so good at hitting 50 winners when she needs them why didn't she do it in the match after as well?

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:31 PM
Interesting how it was always Martha, and not say the WS, who was picked by the pusher apologists as their bęte noire, as the symbol of the tennis they hate. That's why they've been running riot over GM and gloating 24-7 as of late. Their poster girl beat their most hated enemy.

Fact is, Sharapova fans are by and large so arrogant and so unwilling to give credit where credit is due, that a little rubbing salt into their wounds is actually quite good for them. :)

Craig.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Fact is, Sharapova fans are by and large so arrogant and so unwilling to give credit where credit is due, that a little rubbing salt into their wounds is actually quite good for them. :)

Keep generalizing.

Sammo
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
Never, and I say NEVER, poke fun at somebody able to defeat you. That's why Hingis usually joked about the game of players like Smashnova :oh:

Israel
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Number 6 is like 3 different things but nevermind.
What I take from this tournament is that Azarenka is not Djokovic and that the Williams' era is gone.

Jodie
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
15) The comeback of Alisa of course..

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Keep generalizing.

By and large. Repeat: by and large.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/by-and-large.html

Craig.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
I got your rep, it's fine. ;)

Charlatan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:45 PM
:worship:

Shvedbarilescu with the exact same speech in every thread mentioning Sharapova. :haha:
:haha: someone needs to quote his/her match prediction on pova-makarova AO match

Kerbicz
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:16 AM
[...] 3. Radwanska actually can win against top 10 players

In the previous season Aga won 9 matches against Top10 players, which was the second best result in the WTA:

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20111117/2011-stats-leaders-wins-titles-more_2256076_2518233

Thus the conclusion that Radwanska actually can win against top 10 players is no news unless to a very lazy, unobservant tennis watcher... :)

Dan_Doe
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:33 AM
In the previous season Aga won 9 matches against Top10 players, which was the second best result in the WTA:

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20111117/2011-stats-leaders-wins-titles-more_2256076_2518233

Thus the conclusion that Radwanska actually can win against top 10 players is no news unless to a very lazy, unobservant tennis watcher... :)

It's true I didn't search those statistics, but you got my message wrong, this was a statement for the ones (and apparently the majority of posters on this forum are lazy, unobservant tennis watchers :lol:) who said Aga is not able to win against top players and rised up her ranking only by beating mugs:drool:

Pvt. Kovalenko
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:51 AM
14) Kiri looks good as a bunny.:oh:
15) The comeback of Alisa of course..

THIS :worship: :hearts:

16) Broadcast only the second week of the Tournament, is stupidity.. :tape:

NashaMasha
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Aga vs Azarenka 3 -9
Aga vs Sharapova 2-7
Aga vs Kvitova 0-3
Aga vs Stosur 1-2
Aga vs Wozniacki 2-5

in the top 10 she has positive H to H record only against Bartoli(7) and Zvonareva(9)

Brad[le]y.
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:03 AM
17) BepaMaria isn't always right

Malva
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:57 AM

...and the 3rd best against Top 5:

Wins Versus Top 5 Players
1T. Petra Kvitova (7)
1T. Samantha Stosur (7)
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (6)

(the same source)

Charlatan
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:13 AM
17) BepaMaria is always wrong

fixed :lol:

Kerbicz
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:03 AM
in the top 10 she [Aga] has positive H to H record only against Bartoli(7) and Zvonareva(9)

This is hardly a surprise, given that we are talking about a player that has risen to the top 5 only very recently. Earlier she mostly remained outside the Top 10 or held the lowest positions there, #9 or #10. But if you want to assess the measures used by Aga to reach her ranking position you should not take into account matches older than 52 weeks ago, as the rankings are worked out on a 52-week basis. Throughout this period (of last 52 weeks) Aga played 20 matches against Top Ten rivals and won 11 of them. Not a bad record. And it's worth to notice that as many as 5 of those 20 matches were played against reigning First Rackets (three times vs Caro and vs Vika twice). The outcome of this rivalry is of course much worse: 1-4; but this means that against ranking numbers 2 through 10 Agnieszka was 10-5. To sum up, any opinion that Aga moved up to her current ranking position due to avoiding confrontation with the elite and "beating mugs" is completely unsubstantial.

C. Drone
Apr 4th, 2012, 07:58 AM

your little RobinHood-esque campaign saving peasants from some evil empire is kinda cute.

but if it makes you feel important, good for you. :hug:

MB.
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:57 PM
18.) Ana is forever stuck in journeywoman land
19.) Jelena's fall outside the top 100 is imminent.

spencercarlos
Apr 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
If your oponnent is hitting 41 errors in a two set match 6-3 6-0??, there is not much need from you to hit winners yourself.. 6 winners to 18 errors pretty much get the job done against 4-41...

Against Li is hard to hit winners because she hits very hard and she is fast... and when she is on a off day there could be little play...

lang26
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Six Upcoming Star Player too Watch out for

1.Garbine Muguruza Blanco

2. Valeria Savinykh

3. Madison Keys

4. Heather Watson

5. Paula Ormaechea

6.Indy de Vroome

lang26
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:07 PM
never Wanna See a Bine & Li Na Match Again On HC

Dan_Doe
Apr 4th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Six Upcoming Star Player too Watch out for

1.Garbine Muguruza Blanco

2. Valeria Savinykh

3. Madison Keys

4. Heather Watson

5. Paula Ormaechea

6.Indy de Vroome

Paula and Heather are both almost 20. Savinykh is 21. All of them are out of top 100 for the moment. Most of us are already concerned about them :D
Madison and Garbine are 17&18 and already showed their potential. I see them going further than the 3 above.
For Indy it's too early to tell. She does have some great potential, but she's in a slump right now :sad:
There are some other youngsters waiting to prove themselves :cool:

BillFromRichmond
Apr 7th, 2012, 02:18 AM

Its nice that you picked up on that. Its hard to be on every day and with back to back big tournaments at Indian Wells and Miami, it was hard to keep up the momentum. I think she was really burned out and the Cibulkova match before that took whatever she had left out of her. There's no shame in that, as Roger Federer, also a winner at Indian Wells, alluded to the same burnout factor in his press conference after his loss.