Well done Yari!:bounce:
Third win in a row!
Keep winning!:D

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yari :cheer:

Tezuka.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Well done Slava. Hopefully she makes a run here.

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
She has been playing good on clay recently. Keep it going :yeah: Hopefully she will defeat some serious Top 100 member one of these days :oh:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Actually including the ITF in Poza Rica, Mexico, that is eight wins in a row with only one set lost. And the results are looking better and better too. Wins over Panova and Pegula, both who have had some decent results of late, have been comprehensive and come with bagels attached, and Slava's win over Hlavackova, who herself won a main draw match as a LL, came with 9 aces. Beating talented youngster Monica Puig 6-1 6-2 in the final of Poza Rica wasn't bad going either.

I'm still not fully convinced Slava's is ready yet to start beating top 50 opposition but it is looking more and more like she is at least finally back to playing top 100 or even top 75 standard tennis in singles again. That is huge.

There is no doubt Slava is finally making some real progress, but the next match against Wickmayer will be a great test to see just how much that progress is. A win in that match would be delightful but even a close competitive defeat would be a positive sign at this point.

Mahon_Lorcan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:50 PM
"There is no doubt Slava is finally making some real progress, but the next match against "Wickmayer will be a great test to see just how much that progress is. A win in that match would be delightful but even a close competitive defeat would be a positive sign at this point"

THIS

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
If Shvedova defeates Wickmayer, even on clay, the world will stop!
C'mon, let's be realistic :shrug:

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM

I'm okay with the world stopping. World movement is overrated as far as I'm concerned. A little stillness would be kind of nice. :)

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
I'm okay with the world stopping. World movement is overrated as far as I'm concerned. A little stillness would be kind of nice. :)

Well, the weather is kinda nice today in Belgrade :lol:

Tezuka.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM

:confused:

Slava reached the QF of RG in 2010. Her clay game is good. Besides, it's not like Wickmayer is a clay beast either. A win for Slava against her is possible but yeah it's not likely in her current form. Slava still on the way back.

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:18 PM
:confused:

Slava reached the QF of RG in 2010. Her clay game is good. Besides, it's not like Wickmayer is a clay beast either. A win for Slava against her is possible but yeah it's not likely in her current form. Slava still on the way back.

Uhm, I sad "even on clay". That means that Shvedova is good on clay, while clay isn't Wickmayer's favorite :shrug:

Tezuka.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
^ Oh i misunderstood you then, sorry. Hopefully it will be a good match anyway.

Dugavljan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
slava :worship:

Ferg
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
:inlove:

N.M.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
she can win the next one too i think.