PDA

View Full Version : aussie dramas

wild.river
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:38 AM
what are some good ones? (not soaps like home and away or neighbours)

i watched seasons 1-6 of mcleods daughters :hearts::hearts::hearts:
seasons 1-3 of packed to the rafters :hearts:

any other recommendations?

Mattographer
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:51 AM
The Slap
The Straits
Tangle
Love My Way
Always Greener :sobbing:

Shadowcat
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
All Saints
Rush
Rescue: Special Ops
Winners & Losers

Kəv.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
^ Don't you love Rush? :lol:

Shadowcat
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
I do, but the ending sucks big time, they didn't even finish up the story. I love Josh and Stella.

KournikovaFan91
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Only saw the first episode of The Slap because someone told me LaPaglia was really hot in it, which he was but never watched after that.

Watched that mini-series Cloudstreet recently, thought it was pretty good.

ranfurly
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Winners and Losers is good!

Yoncé
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Offspring. Asher Keddie :hearts:
Don't bother with Packed to the Rafters season 4 :lol: It all went down hill after Mel died :sobbing:
Underbelly :drool:
Tangle is good

Dani12
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
I like Offspring, it's weird...but it works. Asher Keddie is great. Kat Stewart is good in it too, as per usual...even though her character is totally annoying.

Slide is good for teen drama, fairly light.

I MIGHT give that new channel nine drama a go, whatever it's called...it looks like a rip off of packed to the rafters though.

Oh...and Satisfaction was my guilty pleasure :lol:

Mattographer
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
Satisfaction :inlove:

KournikovaFan91
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Satisfaction was great :bowdown:

V-MAC
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
I used to love The Secret Life of Us.

wild.river
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
:yeah:
thanks!! i'll be occupied for the next 3-4 months.

Mikey.
Apr 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I watched All Saints for so many years until it turned into that emergency department shit. :crying2: Loved that show so much.

Sammo
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
How about 'Home and Away'? I've never seen it but I've heard that it has been on the aussie TV for more than two decades :lol:

EDIT: 25 years, No. of episodes: 5485

:weirdo:

Yoncé
Apr 4th, 2012, 09:03 PM
How about 'Home and Away'? I've never seen it but I've heard that it has been on the aussie TV for more than two decades :lol:

EDIT: 25 years, No. of episodes: 5485

:weirdo:

That is not a TV show. It's a recognized form of torture. Monday to Friday in half hour doses.

jack21
Apr 5th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I was actually surprised by how good The Straights was. The ABC always has good local shows as opposed to the commercial channels who don't want to know about local shows unless they are about cops or people who work in a hospital.

Yoncé
Apr 5th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I was actually surprised by how good The Straights was. The ABC always has good local shows as opposed to the commercial channels who don't want to know about local shows unless they are about cops or people who work in a hospital.

Or live in a cul de sac

Keadz
Apr 5th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Some of the more unknown shows, but IMO that best ones.

.Tangle is pretty good :). Most people don't watch it because its on a shitty pay tv channel. Kat Stewart makes everything good, I became obsessed with her from Newstopia.
.East West 101 is about as good as you're gonna get for a cop show in Australia. The acting is actually acceptable and none of that cringe worthy Australiana crap.
.Spirited, a bit weird but a light hearted drama with some funny moments.
.Prisoner, old school but a classic.

More Kat Stewart - She is actually the best!
BkqEdlRDKfo
tbM7cD1O6yY&feature=related

KournikovaFan91
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
That is not a TV show. It's a recognized form of torture. Monday to Friday in half hour doses.

IKR from stupid storylines to bad acting it really is dreadful.

Pops Maellard
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Claire's death on McLeods Daughters was amazing drama :bowdown:.

dIy77Ol5PW4
hp2BsH_vDLY
b31tNwE0o6o

Dani12
Apr 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Oh my god, cars falling from a cliff is like my worst nightmare. :bigcry: I freak out everytime I have to drive around any sort of mountain.

wild.river
Apr 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Claire's death on McLeods Daughters was amazing drama :bowdown:.

:sad: poor alex.

apparently he dies too? i stopped watching after nick and tess left.

Pops Maellard
Apr 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
:sad: poor alex.

apparently he dies too? i stopped watching after nick and tess left.
McLeod's got so bad after a while :lol:.

A tree fell on Alex and he got crushed under it :p.

Sammo
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM

:lol: Then why has it been on TV for 1/4 century? :hysteric:

Mattographer
Apr 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Melissa George, Isla Fisher, Ryan Kwanten, Naomi Watts, Heath Ledger, Chris Hemsworth, Isabel Lucas, Guy Pearce and Julian McMahon were appeared in Home and Away :oh:

wild.river
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
McLeod's got so bad after a while :lol:.

A tree fell on Alex and he got crushed under it :p.

yeah they ran out of mcleods daughters and started making up cousins :lol:

the accent was kinda hard to decipher at times :o it took me forever to realize the difference between "ewe" and "ute" because they sound exactly the same to me, and neither are ever used in urban canadian vernacular.
and i googled "bodalesto" sheep to see what they look like, but it was actually "border leicester" :lol:

Pops Maellard
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:01 PM
yeah they ran out of mcleods daughters and started making up cousins :lol:

the accent was kinda hard to decipher at times :o it took me forever to realize the difference between "ewe" and "ute" because they sound exactly the same to me, and neither are ever used in urban canadian vernacular.
and i googled "bodalesto" sheep to see what they look like, but it was actually "border leicester" :lol:
Well Stevie was pretty good I guess :shrug:. But yeah all those last-minute family members. Mess!

Mattographer
Apr 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Wow, tonight's Tangle was the best episode of any TV show I have ever seen. The show definitely lives up to its name. Everything is very tangled.

Bring it on next Sunday! :worship: