PDA

View Full Version : Charleston R1: J.Hampton def. S.Stephens 7-5 7-6(1)

Tenis Srbija
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:48 PM
Sloane :facepalm: had 5-2 lead in the second...
Jamie to meet Stosur in R2.

plokploky
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
:cheer:well done jamiefor taking advantage of that MASSIVE choke

Now please fail in the next round.

Lulu.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:49 PM
Sloane. :(
Expected better.

ptkten
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
I'm happy for Jamie but Sloane really needs to be winning these kinds of matches. It seems like young Americans are always some of the better players within their age group and then they just fall behind for whatever reason.

Mynarco
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:50 PM
Sloane :rolleyes:
5*-4 in the first set (had 40-40), 5*-2 in the second (had 5*-2 40-40, 5-3* 40-40, 5*-4 40-40, and SP) and still couldn't convert

Tenis Srbija
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Out of today "tough" matches (by betting odds) I was sure that Gajdosova, Hlavackova and Sloane will win. So much about Jarmugla and Sloan :tape:

Sexysova
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
actually Sloane led 5-1 in the second set :tape: such a pathetic choke :o

silverwhite
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:57 PM
Out of today "tough" matches (by betting odds) I was sure that Gajdosova, Hlavackova and Sloane will win. So much about Jarmugla and Sloan :tape:

Really? :unsure:

auntie janie
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
I'm happy for Jamie but Sloane really needs to be winning these kinds of matches.

But so does Jamie need to be winning them. She had taken the first set, no reason to be on the verge of letting the second set go. Good for her for battling back from the brink to get the win in 2. :angel:

Tenis Srbija
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Really? :unsure:

I mean Gajdosova was playing against Voegele :weirdo: She dominated the second set, but she lost the first and the second when serving at 4-5 :rolleyes: In both games she made 2 DFs...
And this one was close. Sloane had 5-4 in the first and 5-2 (or 5-1) in the second :shrug: I wasn't that far away :p

RenaSlam.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
Sloane seems to choke a lot. Hopefully she sorts out her mental game sometime soon.

auntie janie
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:02 AM
actually Sloane led 5-1 in the second set :tape: such a pathetic choke :o

Yeah, I thought it was 5-1! Jamie turned into Warrior Racket right then! :rocker2:

Jimmy Dragoon
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:03 AM
I hate to say this, but Sloane Stephens is a scrub and a basket case! She was serving for the first set at 5-4 and proceeded to lose 3 straight games. In the second she was up 5-1 and proceeded to blow 5 straight games :help:. Sloane is terrible ::sad face:: American women's tennis is in dire straits.

auntie janie
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:04 AM
I hate to say this, but Sloane Stephens is a scrub and a basket case! She was serving for the first set at 5-4 and proceeded to lose 3 straight games. In the second she was up 5-1 and proceeded to blow 5 straight games :help:. Sloane is terrible ::sad face:: American women's tennis is in dire straits.

You forgot that it was another American woman who fought like a maniac to beat her? ;)

Jimmy Dragoon
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sloane seems to choke a lot. Hopefully she sorts out her mental game sometime soon.

This will not likely happen. This is a pattern with with her. Too bad.

silverwhite
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
I mean Gajdosova was playing against Voegele :weirdo: She dominated the second set, but she lost the first and the second when serving at 4-5 :rolleyes: In both games she made 2 DFs...
And this one was close. Sloane had 5-4 in the first and 5-2 (or 5-1) in the second :shrug: I wasn't that far away :p

She's nicknamed Garbagesova for a reason :lol: And Voegele had a pretty good run in qualifying ;)

From what I've seen of Stephens and Hampton, I'm more impressed with Hampton :p

Jimmy Dragoon
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM
You forgot that it was another American woman who fought like a maniac to beat her? ;)

C'mon now Jaime (hope I am spelling her name correctly) is not going beyond the 2nd or 3rd round:lol:.

sxeraserhead
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:20 AM
C'mon now Jaime (hope I am spelling her name correctly) is not going beyond the 2nd or 3rd round:lol:.

As opposed to Sloane who would have been the favorite against Stosur :weirdo:

dynamoRockstarr
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
dangit Sloane! :sobbing:

shoparound
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Sloane gets more hype than Xtina, but Xtina seems to have better results (despite today's match).
When ESPN showed the poll results of who had a better career, the majority voted Sloane by a landslide.

Pops Maellard
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM
Choke Princess :facepalm:.

Not as bad as Indian Wells at least :oh:.

Jimmy Dragoon
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:36 AM
As opposed to Sloane who would have been the favorite against Stosur :weirdo:

Huh? When did I write or imply that Sloane would take this tournament by storm. I am replying to the poster who replied to my post about American tennis being in dire straits.

njnetswill
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:37 AM
Sloane tends to get down on herself too much. I can see her letting a lead slip and then losing focus mentally. I think she can improve by trying to stay positive.

sxeraserhead
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Huh? When did I write or imply that Sloane would take this tournament by storm. I am replying to the poster who replied to my post about American tennis being in dire straits.

True, I didn't read your post in the right context. :shrug:

Give Jamie some credit though, she's having a great year after improving her fitness and could be on the cusp of a breakout season, she's beaten more top 100 players this year than Sloane. Considering her relatively more advanced age this win is more important to her than it would be for Sloane at this point in their careers.

treufreund
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Sloane gets more hype than Xtina, but Xtina seems to have better results (despite today's match).
When ESPN showed the poll results of who had a better career, the majority voted Sloane by a landslide.

That seems peculiar to me. Christina seems more solid as a player. Where would people get that idea from!!??

Rest Maria!
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Jamie really impressed me in her mach against Aga, whereas Sloane in the 2 or 3 matches I saw of her never showed anything particularly noteworthy. I'm not surprised by the result. :shrug:

Beat
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
well done, jamie :D i feel sorry for sloane, yet another big choke :scared:

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM
James!!! :cheer: :banana: :rocker2:

Blackowl_1
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Why the heck Sloane lost?! She was dominating the second set,and she couldn't win :P So pathetic...Miami third round,and then this :(

Siderophyre
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sloane was simply a victim of that vile WTA curse known as "the 5-1 lead".

Tomic
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Richard Williams is sitting with Stephens' mother and cheering for Sloane @BenRothenberg, hopefully Richard can give her some advice and tips, It be nice if he help her develop a Serve Like The Williams Sisters.

C. Drone
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Stephens is the new Caroline Garcia in these weeks.

Dan_Doe
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Stephens is the new Caroline Garcia in these weeks.

Garcia is a much better prospect if you ask me and definitely in a huge slump. Stephens is not really that good, a lost match against an in form player like Hampton is not something to worry :shrug: Both are mental midgets, though.