tennisfan5
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
wins this week's almost 3 hr marathon to make up for last week

Siderophyre
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Good result for Aleks - she needed one after last week's shit fest. :yeah:

goldenlox
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:42 PM
She needed this win after her match with Venus. Its tough to lose when you're that close and you know you could have played better

Lulu.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Christina. :o
Disappointing loss.

Belmont Lad
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
OOOOOF! :drink: I totally thought Aleks was going to follow her pattern of late of losing from a winning position after surrendering 3-1 and 4-2 leads in the second and third sets. Thank god she finally won this! :eek: :):cheer:

LoLex
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Ola finally wins a long match in WTA MD.

Vincey!
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Great to see Aleks winning that match!! Should rebuild her confidence in closing matches/set!

BTW it's McHale's first loss of the season against a lower ranked player than her!

Craig.
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Yesssssss, go girl! :yeah:

Patrick345
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Losing to Wozniak. You are Canadian dead to me McHale.

Wozniak seems to enjoy life as a pusher. Results are getting better.

hingisGOAT
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
McHale is slumping IMO. Maybe after her win over Petra, she felt too much pressure? Not a good sign.

backhandsmash
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:58 PM
Journey to WTA #1 delayed...

Tenis Srbija
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
Aleks :yeah:

Sombrerero loco
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
mc fail :facepalm:

Dan_Doe
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
That's too bad for Christina, but I don't think she's in a slump right now. At least I hope so.

Randy H
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
That's a fantastic win for Aleks, Christina has been really solid so far this year doing a great job of beating the girls she should be beating on paper, and she's knocked off a number of higher ranked opponents too. These two played each other real close at the US Open last year so had a feeling it might be close again, glad Aleks shook off last week's tough loss and finished this one off :) She seems to be finding form at the right time :)

GoLdEnSeToV
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Aleks :D Well done! :D

hablo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Well done, Aleks! :banana:

LoveMeansZero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
If it weren't for the choking, Aleks could beat almost anyone nowadays. Indeed, she was beating both Venus and Agatha until she choked. I expect her to go quite far in this tournament, since there aren't any big names until the QF.

Tenis Srbija
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:29 PM
If it weren't for the choking, Aleks could beat almost anyone nowadays. Indeed, she was beating both Venus and Agatha until she choked. I expect her to go quite far in this tournament, since there aren't any big names until the QF.

But anyone can beat her too :tape:

aselto
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
If it weren't for the choking, Aleks could beat almost anyone nowadays. Indeed, she was beating both Venus and Agatha until she choked.
She didn't choke against Agatha, her opponent stepped up. Against Williams it was a massive choke though. Two double faults when serving for the match.:o Promising start of the tournament for Aleks.

Grigorpova
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:40 PM
:eek:

Go Wozniak!

Randy H
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:56 PM

Aleks has yet to beat Barbie, and Barbie usually plays pretty well on this surface so I'm not setting any expectations for her at this point - Just happy she is back winning matches and healthy again :)

LoveMeansZero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
But anyone can beat her too :tape:

She's been doing pretty well lately, losing (choking) only to "big names". Anyway, we'll see.

shoparound
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Awful result.
But at the same time doesn't seem like McHale is good at clay...

Vincey!
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:25 PM
She didn't choke against Agatha, her opponent stepped up. Against Williams it was a massive choke though. Two double faults when serving for the match.:o Promising start of the tournament for Aleks.

Aleks did choke against Radwanska. lol Aga played pretty much the same the whole match but Aleks made more UEs and was way too passive.

LoLex
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:52 PM

Yeah, sure. She choked against both. And that was the worst match by Radwanska so far this year. As much as I admire her pushing skills, she shouldn't have won this match.

faboozadoo15
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Ugh This can't be good.

BlueTrees
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:22 AM
I think it's too early to say Christina's in a slump. :shrug: This is really her first bad loss in a long time. Chill out. :lol:

BillFromRichmond
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:18 AM
Great to see Aleks winning that match!! Should rebuild her confidence in closing matches/set!

BTW it's McHale's first loss of the season against a lower ranked player than her!

I think it's too early to say Christina's in a slump. :shrug: This is really her first bad loss in a long time. Chill out. :lol:

This, but it is alarming how she gave up that big lead in Miami before this. We'll see how she does in her next tournament.

LefandePatty
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:48 AM
Aleks :hearts:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
great job Aleks :yeah:

Richie's
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:38 AM
O Alexandra!!!

Juju Nostalgique
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Teena... :smash:

Congrats Aleks! Seems to be finding her good game again! ;) :smooch:

ktoles2005
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hooray for Aleks! I'm hoping she's finally past her injury issues. What are her chances of qualifying for The Olympics? To me they look pretty good.

longtin23
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:36 PM
Wow... Aleks sometimes gave good results... Hope she will be more consistent, getting good results...

McFail :facepalm:

Pebbles
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Nice one Aleks :) was worried she'd missed her chance. Hopefully she's being more aggressive than in recent tournaments :unsure:

Emina.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
well done Aleks!!!