PDA

View Full Version : Going to Italy for a few days, any travel tips/advice?

Kworb
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
I see threads like these from time to time so here is mine. :p Next month I'm flying to Italy to see my favorite person in the world, Tiziano Ferro, in concert in Turin. :worship:

Anyway since I'm headed that way I'm staying a few more days to explore Milan and Turin. The plan is to stay one night in Milan (where I'm flying into) and two in Turin. I will be going by myself. ;) I'm already making a list of things to see and do (thank you wikitravel), but I'm wondering if anyone here has ever been in the area and if you or native Italians have stuff to recommend or advise that might not be so obvious.

Grazie mille!

Fantasy Hero
Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM
hey :) well as you are planning to stay really few days, i think you won't see much of the two cities...i know really little of both so i can't really help you much, but for whatever just PM ;) enjoy your stay in the Bel Paese :D

melodynelson
Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Take advantage of the incredibly beautiful men you'll find there, and have fun. I'm so envious of you.

Prego, a proposito. ;)

The Witch-king
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
What sort of stuff do you have in mind? Turin is a very basic city, not much to do. Its also a lot cheaper than Milan so if you want to save money I suggest staying there instead if you can :shrug:

Off the top of my head you could go see the Shroud of Turin (Jesus's alleged print on a cloth at the St John the Baptist Cathedral) :shrug:. You won't see the actual cloth but the Cathedral is kind of cool (creepy really)

There's also the automobile museum and the national cinema museum...I don't know it all depends what your into.

Kworb
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
What sort of stuff do you have in mind? Turin is a very basic city, not much to do. Its also a lot cheaper than Milan so if you want to save money I suggest staying there instead if you can :shrug:

Off the top of my head you could go see the Shroud of Turin (Jesus's alleged print on a cloth at the St John the Baptist Cathedral) :shrug:. You won't see the actual cloth but the Cathedral is kind of cool (creepy really)

There's also the automobile museum and the national cinema museum...I don't know it all depends what your into.

Well anything to pass the time really, and to just see Italian culture up close and taste some real Italian food, hopefully practice my spoken Italian a bit. My first plan was to fly the day of the concert and then back the next day, but I figured if I'm gonna go there I might as well look around a bit. :p

The Witch-king
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Imma get back to you with some ideas later.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
take some pills before see the concert or you will not survive :oh:

Kworb
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
Imma get back to you with some ideas later.

Thanks, that'd be great :D

take some pills before see the concert or you will not survive :oh:

:ras: Actually I will probably cry and faint like all the fan girls :hearts:

edificio
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Have some good eats. I'm jealous (not about the concert, never heard of that person :haha:). San Remo is semi-near, and it is nice for relaxing.

FORZA SARITA
Apr 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Have some good eats. I'm jealous (not about the concert, never heard of that person :haha:). San Remo is semi-near, and it is nice for relaxing.

he needs to be a billionaire to afford SanRemo :lol:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
he needs to be a billionaire to afford SanRemo :lol:

and there are thousands of better places to go if you want to relax :shrug: