(3)Mirza/Vesnina v Petrova/Voskoboeva
(wc)Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova v Dushevina/Erakovic

King/Rodionova v Medina Garrigues/Shvedova
Kops-Jones/Spears v (4)Hlavackova/Hradecka
Grandin/Uhlirova v Klepac/Rosolska
Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova v (2)Peschke/Srebotnik

kitasss_vlc
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
wow King/Shvedova really split up :eek: expected to see Shvedova with Voskoboeva again... and, if not with her, with King... but it seems it's really over... :sad:

hope Yaro and AMG make it deep in the draw... but why they face Vania in first round??? :fiery:

Petrova/Voskoboeva? Lisicki/Zvonareva?

nevetssllim
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
King said she's teaming up with Shvedova again after the Olympics.

Uranium
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
^She said because Yari is playing with Galina...but Galina and Yari aren't playing together here, so they could have played again. I don't see why they aren't playing together since they would have gotten in considering Slava is ranked higher than Nadia. That's weird.

Ferg
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Vania and Slava :sobbing: wtf.

nevetssllim
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:47 PM
^She said because Yari is playing with Galina...but Galina and Yari aren't playing together here, so they could have played again. I don't see why they aren't playing together since they would have gotten in considering Slava is ranked higher than Nadia. That's weird.

Perhaps they just want to focus a little bit more on singles at the moment? King's showing some of her best-ever singles form at the moment while Shvedova's singles ranking is nowhere near what it should be, hence why they might not be taking doubles as seriously.

the jamierbelyea
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:11 AM

I think the Galina/Slava pairing idea came in a little late, which lead to a domino effect of events.

When Vania learned of Slava's intention to play with Galya she most surely seeked out partners for her upcoming weeks. Making agreements in advance that way she wasn't left to play with a mug on site. So, as soon as she found out, she must have seeked out Rodionova and made an agreement to play this event (or maybe others) a few weeks ago.

On the same vein Nadia may have asked Galya to team up for this event weeks ago as well, as Nads would've known all along that Kirilenko was skipping it, and wanted to lock in a good partner for the week before the tournament began. If Galya had agreed to this, but then agreed to team up with Slava for Olympic prep afterward, she couldn't go back on her word and is having a temporary week to play with Nadia.

Now Slava became free, but Vania couldn't go back on her agreement with Rodionova, which caused the three different pairings for the week.

It may seem a little convoluted, but to me it's the most likely scenario.

free2all84
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
I think the Galina/Slava pairing idea came in a little late, which lead to a domino effect of events.

When Vania learned of Slava's intention to play with Galya she most surely seeked out partners for her upcoming weeks. Making agreements in advance that way she wasn't left to play with a mug on site. So, as soon as she found out, she must have seeked out Rodionova and made an agreement to play this event (or maybe others) a few weeks ago.

On the same vein Nadia may have asked Galya to team up for this event weeks ago as well, as Nads would've known all along that Kirilenko was skipping it, and wanted to lock in a good partner for the week before the tournament began. If Galya had agreed to this, but then agreed to team up with Slava for Olympic prep afterward, she couldn't go back on her word and is having a temporary week to play with Nadia.

Now Slava became free, but Vania couldn't go back on her agreement with Rodionova, which caused the three different pairings for the week.

It may seem a little convoluted, but to me it's the most likely scenario.

makes sense to me :angel:
but karma sets them against eachother anyhow lol :devil:

*Jool*
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:14 PM
tough draw for Peschke/Srebotnik, good luck, hopefully Kata is 100% now :)

In The Zone
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
I would have like to see Venus/Serena play the small doubles draw here. Easy points, match play, etc.

maturedgirl
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
*(1)Huber/Raymond v Lisicki/Zvonareva*

Would looove to watch that one!:hearts:
Two pairs of sexy eyes vs :tape:
Vera&Sabine should use their weapons always looking for eye contact towards HuRay :lol: