PDA

View Full Version : Charleston QFR: Mariana Duque Marino def. Marta Doublefaultchowska 6-4 6-3

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:35 PM
10 DFs :oh::cheer:

Marta led 4-1* (should be 5-0* though, as she blew 2 GPs away ealier) in the first set. (with 6 DFs already :haha:)
since then she has blown 3 further GPs away till 4-6 *0-2.

She had so many chances, but her serve was shit today. only 30% on 2nd serve 10/32 :help:
and her first serve % was too shit for her standards :help:

Go back to 25k ITFs and freaking learn how to serve you idiot :facepalm:

Fantasy Hero
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
it's Mariana :secret: doesn't change the fact that it was good win for her :yeah:

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
oh sorry ;)

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
Good result for WTA.:oh:

FORZA SARITA
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
NID :p
Adrian told ya :p

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM
NID :p
Adrian told ya :p

It's so depressing though :awww::sobbing:
It's not like she had no chance or was blown off court...she led 4-1*, had many GPs and BPs and still found a way to serve 10 DFs and lose :sobbing::sad:

aguy9797
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:10 PM
Yeahhh.....Doublefaultchowska is alive and kicking!! :cheer:

I got nervous after her win yestarday, I thought she got a new brain, or something :unsure:

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yeahhh.....Doublefaultchowska is alive and kicking!! :cheer:

I got nervous after her win yestarday, I thought she got a new brain, or something :unsure:

New Brain would put her easyly back to Top 100, everyone who sees her at her PEAK-moments on ITF-Level wonders why she isn't higher ranked, but then again you have matches like today, where she leads 4-1* with 6 DFs but still finds a way to blow it...:rolleyes:

aguy9797
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
New Brain would put her easyly back to Top 100, everyone who sees her at her PEAK-moments on ITF-Level wonders why she isn't higher ranked, but then again you have matches like today, where she leads 4-1* with 6 DFs but still finds a way to blow it...:rolleyes:

I still wonder how she managed to put together that nice winning streak at the beginning of 2010 (including her run at AO).

I think that could have been a turning point in Marta's career, as she seemed to control her nerves better....but then right after AO she decided to go to South America to play on clay :help:

That newly discovered confidence was gone in two weeks, Marta :kiss:

Shivank17
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM
Marta :hug:

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:35 PM
I still wonder how she managed to put together that nice winning streak at the beginning of 2010 (including her run at AO).

I think that could have been a turning point in Marta's career, as she seemed to control her nerves better....but then right after AO she decided to go to South America to play on clay :help:

That newly discovered confidence was gone in two weeks, Marta :kiss:

yeah, that might have been the worst decision she made after the AO-run :hysteric:
with some proper training in Europe, she could have started at some ITF, before she played IW and Miami, but the South-America trip, which was very unlucky as well, drawing twice MJMS as top seed :help:

I still don't give up, though. One good run on WTA-level, some lucky draws and we might see her back near Top 100 :cheer:

aguy9797
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
the South-America trip, which was very unlucky as well, drawing twice MJMS as top seed :help:

I still don't give up, though. One good run on WTA-level, some lucky draws and we might see her back near Top 100 :cheer:

If I am not mistaken, Marta was leading 5:0 in one of those matches against MJMS...one of her best chokes ever :worship:

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
If I ma not mistaken, Marta was leading 5:0 in one of those matches against MJMS...one of the best chokes ever :worship:

yeah, she lost the set 5-7 :worship:

*Jool*
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:19 PM
well done qualifying, Mariana ! :yeah:

netimka
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
she can always be LL and you never know even win next match... one up...one done...

SERVivor
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Marta has great power but if you play enough defense and maker her play, she will eventually start making Unforced Errors and mentally break down. She gets sucked into long rallies instead of following her powerful groundstrokes to the net. I saw her at the U.S. Open a few years ago and she was blowing Strycova off the court so badly, people were leaving saying "this is boringly one-sided. Yet, she allowed Strycova back in and lost. It's a vicious cycle and she's choked so many times that she is now a head case.

vma
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM
:sad:

Vamos Feńa
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:32 PM
This bitch will never change :lol: :haha::haha:
Marta, you're so entertaining, I guess you would be also able have such rollercoaster against Mayr in 1r of Lagos or something:worship::worship: