PDA

View Full Version : Why Dont Juniors Do Better on WTA??

chingching
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM
These two matches, especially Garcia-Kontaveit are of extremely high quality and except for movement are the equivalent of Grand Slam maindraw matches (the garcia kontaveit is even more remarkable as it was wimbledon juniors 3rd round!!!). Why dont these girls do better on WTA. People say its age eligibility but if you look at the girls who these players lose to, they are playus outside the top 100. Why arent they on the top stage. they are completely ready except maybe for movement and for some (like khromacheva) the mental aspect.

Garcia-Kontaveit:
HUcwY2mFlg8

Barty-Khromacheva:
FcpEf9l4-SQ&feature=related

SM
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
they need a few years to transition, the game is much more physical at wta level these days....the juniors have the shots but need to develop their strength and conditioning

chingching
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
they need a few years to transition, the game is much more physical at wta level these days....the juniors have the shots but need to develop their strength and conditioning

I forgot about consistency and stamina

Grigorpova
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Barty competed at AO this year and lost first round, she's definitely not ready yet.

Than again she's 15, 16, so big things for her in the future.

SM
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Barty competed at AO this year and lost first round, she's definitely not ready yet.

Than again she's 15, 16, so big things for her in the future.
she also just recently won like 3 25 k on different surfaces clay grass and hard i think....or maybe lost one of those finals....she should get a WC at wimbledon and i can see her beating most players if she plays like she did in that junior final...

Grigorpova
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
she also just recently won like 3 25 k on different surfaces clay grass and hard i think....or maybe lost one of those finals....she should get a WC at wimbledon and i can see her beating most players if she plays like she did in that junior final...

Yeah I think she definitely will become a top 10/20 player one day.

Hopefully Wimbledon is her breakthrough.

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Because WTA is for adults these days.

chingching
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM
if you think barty played well in wimbly final, watch how garcia played against kontaveit. 42 winners, 20 something UES

Grigorpova
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
if you think barty played well in wimbly final, watch how garcia played against kontaveit. 42 winners, 20 something UES

I'm gonna make a pretty big prediction and say Garcia will be a top three tour player one day.

I think she can win a Slam or two aswell.

chingching
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
I'm gonna make a pretty big prediction and say Garcia will be a top three tour player one day.

I think she can win a Slam or two aswell.

if she can control her mentality and stop the chokes, then I think no. 1 is possible. I cant wait for the new generation to develop :)
Remember, she did lead maria sharapova a set and a double break

Darop.
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM
These matches aren't that high quality, if you go watch a 25k you'll see a similar level of play.

You just don't realize it because both players at the same (inferior) level to WTA.

binky-GOAT
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Garcia is 18 and a half though, not a single title. She is obviously talented but i dont think she can make it.

Ash should really have won the AO match though, she had the match on her racquet but made over 40 UEs in 2 sets :tape: But she had more winners and 7 aces which is just amazing for her age and height. Considering top players in WTA average less than 5 per match.

Anett's grunts are funny and cute :)