PDA

View Full Version : Will Karolina Woźniacka Play Fed-Cup for Poland with Piotr Team's Captain from 2014?

Tennis Observer
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM
As it didn’t get unnoted, that Piotr Woźniack decided to bring his daughter Karolina’s inadequately paid appearances for Danish Fed Cup team to a close, sports editor Michał Szadkowski from Gazeta Wyborcza investigated this issue:

While the Polish Tennis Federation declined to comment on this matter, Piotr openly admitted that he is very disappointed about the Danes: “I did a lot for the Danes but they fall short when it comes to support me! Look, I developed Wozniacki Tennis Academy, I brought e-Boks Open to Farum Arena but the stalls are empty and nobody supports Karolina there! On the other hand, as Karolina played in Warsaw for the first time, her fans treated her like a princess.”

Woźniack added that Karolina feels her Polish blood (“you can see it in her character”) and whenever she visits her grandparents she capture the unique calm around her, experiences a totally different atmosphere than anywhere else in the world and she likes Polish food.

Asking Piotr if his daughters feelings really matter he admitted: “At least it doesn’t hurt. But before Karolina will play for Poland, the Tennis Federation has to introduce me as Fed Cup Captain. Because I am the only one who successfully train Karolina. It was my biggest mistake to connect her to Ricardo Sanchez – he was a complete mess!”

http://www.tennishead.net/siteimage/scale/800/600/125964.png
Will Piotr Woźniack & his daughter Karolina Woźniacka beef up Poland's Fed-Cup Team?

Caipirinha Guy
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:36 AM
Nice try OP :)

Simugna Help
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:37 AM
She's not a citizen of Poland. And it's Piotr Woźniacki. And he comes off as a total prick in this interview.

edit:April Fools day, damn I forgot

TennisFan66
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
You understand it's April 1st today? Or has that escaped you?

Simugna Help
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:39 AM
You understand it's April 1st today? Or has that escaped you?

It did, but I realized after reading MaDu's response.

TennisFan66
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
It did, but I realized after reading MaDu's response.

It was actually a question for the OP. When I started typing, there were no replies to the article ;) .. but I have a feeling the OP took the article serious.

backhandsmash
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Oh dear, this is gonna be a long ass day. Hate April Fool's day.

Miracle Worker
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
It's from Wyborcza. Big mistake from OP :oh: