PDA

View Full Version : Chris Chase of Yahoo Sports thinks Aga and Marion are unidentifiable from eachother

matty
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:21 AM
...and have the same body type :lol:

"It's bad enough when two tennis players wear the same kit on the court. It's much, much worse when those two players have similar hair color, hair style, body type and other attire, and are generally unidentifiable during points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/semifinal-opponents-wear-same-dress-match-155316365.html

Tenis Srbija
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:27 AM
:spit: :spit: :spit:
Well this is either the funniest 1st April joke or the most idiotic comparation ever! :weirdo:

spiritedenergy
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:31 AM
they are totally different... who is this ass?

matty
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:33 AM
they are totally different... who is this ass?

Just some Yahoo Sprots Blogger who, not surprisingly, gets a lot of criticism. I included a link above.

JRena
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM
Does he watch tennis at all? I can spot Marion's practice swings anywhere.

BillFromRichmond
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:17 AM
Ahhhh..Aga is pretty slim.....this dude is clueless.

BH both wings
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM
He is right! If you ignore movement, swing/service motions, stature, inter-point routines and so on, there was no way to tell them apart when you had the ES player stream running in a tiny window on your desktop. Sometimes I had to resort to something like: Ah, the player who is looking like Bartoli must be Bartoli! This is unacceptable.

There is a simple solution: In many other sports, like in table tennis, there are uniforms in precisely two colours: blue and red that are assigned to the players. But I think that might not be enough. C. Chase mentioned the irritating similarity in hair colour and hair style. I think we can learn from Manga here: Every player on the tour gets her own unique hair colour and hair style assigned. I think that would really help people to follow womens tennis.

Towanda
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:07 AM
:spit: :spit: :spit:
Well this is either the funniest 1st April joke or the most idiotic comparation ever! :weirdo:

No, sadly it is not an April Fools day joke. Every article that Chris Chase writes, no matter what day of the year, is just as idiotic. He also writes a football blog, and it is just as bad as his tennis blog. I can't imagine how he got a job writing. I am guessing that he gets paid based on how mnay clicks his articles get, and he typically gets a large number of clicks from people who just want to comment that he is an idiot.

bobito
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:58 AM
No more than you'd expect from Yahoo. Yesterday they ran an article on Britain's teenage Olympic hopefuls and, under Laura Robson's name, showed a picture of Jelena Jankovic.

Albireo
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM
Sadly, this was also their "Most Popular Video" for Saturday.

Sammo
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Jesus Christ :facepalm:

Adrian.
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
:facepalm: x 173643084374859374

Raiden
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
He was obviously referring to the fact that both of them were wearing same colored navy blue dress during their SF match. And from certain distant camera angles (especially on small computer video tubes) it could potentially become confusing for a few seconds..

N.M.
Apr 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
bartoli can beat azarenka, that's the major difference

Jane Lane
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:50 PM
No guys, Chris Chase is just that stupid. :facepalm:

pov
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
There are thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people blogging and writing about sports in English. And among them there is a good chance that the poorest, most pathetic articles are by Chris Chase. The man is a hack.

matty
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM
He was obviously referring to the fact that both of them were wearing same colored navy blue dress during their SF match. And from certain distant camera angles (especially on small computer video tubes) it could potentially become confusing for a few seconds..

But the same body type? That's pushing it!

saul1333
Apr 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM
Stopped reading after "Chris Chase"

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
But the same body type? That's pushing it!

Well, as opposed to say Roddick's or Federer's body type.

Towanda
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:29 AM

It's nice of you to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if you go read more of his articles, you'll see that he is just an idiot. This particular article is not even close to being one of his worst.

For slams, he does a best dressed/worst dressed list. At one of the slams last year, there were two players wearing identical dresses. One of them made his best dressed list, and he gushed over the dress, while the other made the worst dressed list, and he said her dress was hideous. I suppose it's possible that he intentionally writes bad articles because people read them just to laugh at him.

faboozadoo15
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:35 AM
What does he do when an orange team plays a red team? Give up?