PDA

View Full Version : WTA Belgrade?

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:58 PM
People from the Federation told me like three years ago that they are in serious talks with WTA about International WTA event. Still nothing happened :rolleyes: It's kinda sad that the country with three GS champions (Seleš, Ivanović and Janković in mixed doubles), who were also ex No1, not to have a WTA event. We even don't have a serious ITF tournament :weirdo: and maybe 5-6 futures that are so-so when it comes to participants :tape:

Let's make some noise about it, who knows, maybe it will change something :lol:

duhcity
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:01 PM
You need someone with $$$ who will buy a spot, and put on the tournament - likely with the support of the Serbian Tennis Federation.

I obviously am not an expert on Serbian tennis politics, but from what I read, the Djokovic's have significant influence, and the funds, which is why their tournament has thrived.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
You need someone with $$$ who will buy a spot, and put on the tournament - likely with the support of the Serbian Tennis Federation.

I obviously am not an expert on Serbian tennis politics, but from what I read, the Djokovic's have significant influence, and the funds, which is why their tournament has thrived.

I'm not so sure that Djokovic's tournament thrived. Have you seen the AL for this year? It has Nalby, but other than that it's really weak :shrug: And that tournament had/has almost nothing to do with the Federation. Now, Novak's cousin is in the Federation, but when they started the tournament Djokovic's weren't really in a good relationship with the Federation.

New president of TSS (Serbian Tennis Federation) is our minister of diplomacy :rolleyes: , we have Gazprom guy in the board, but still nothin' special has came out of those changes. There are people with cash in Serbia, ones that have millions and millions, but it looks like the Federation doesn't give a damn about womens tennis...

PetraReeMona
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM

:spit:

So who were the top names that have played in that tournament..... apart from Fakervic and his brother :rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM

So who were the top names that have played in that tournament..... apart from Fakervic and his brother :rolleyes:

It's ATP 250, who do you expect to play? Đoković, Federer and Nadal :shrug:
There were some good names in the past few years, especially for a lower ranked tournament that's played in a bad time. And Nalby this year will be :drool: to watch! But yeah, overall it hasn't thrived, but it's not a total disaster. Plus organization is amazing :yeah:

Fakervic :rolleyes: yup he probably faked that 41-0 start last year and three Grand Slams in a row plus a No1 position with like 3000 points more than Nadal :wavey:

C. Drone
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:17 PM

if there is enough money it barely matters. I mean IMG+Octagon owns the majority of tournaments, federations doesnt have much to talk.

and there is at least 3 open spot in next year´s calendar. Of course some spot isnt that popular. But if they really want it, they could.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM
if there is enough money it barely matters. I mean IMG+Octagon owns the majority of tournaments, federations doesnt have much to talk.

and there is at least 3 open spot in next year´s calendar. Of course some spot isnt that popular. But if they really want it, they could.

They were into it three years ago, but since we won DC they didn't even mention it :rolleyes:

Caipirinha Guy
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Serbian sisters got less and less relevant these days. Any need for WTA in Belgrade right now? Only Budapest in Centre Europe has the luxury of hosting WTA tournament. ;)

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Serbian sisters got less and less relevant these days. Any need for WTA in Belgrade right now? Only Budapest in Centre Europe has the luxury of hosting WTA tournament. ;)

Yup, and Budapest has that tournament 'cause theirs players are so relevant. Watch out, Melinda Czink is coming on the court :lol:

C. Drone
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
They were into it three years ago, but since we won DC they didn't even mention it :rolleyes:
sadly thats pretty obvious, when guys doing well nobody cares about women. In every sport.

But there are good examples, like Copenhagen. Only one home player and they didnt waste years to make a tournament.

C. Drone
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Yup, and Budapest has that tournament 'cause theirs players are so relevant. Watch out, Melinda Czink is coming on the court :lol:

cant remember last time she played there, she has some grudge since she lives in US. Although she is on the entry list this year :oh:

Halepsova
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Why now? You don't even have player in top 10 anymore. Actually you will only have Ivanovic playing after Jankovic retires. :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
sadly thats pretty obvious, when guys doing well nobody cares about women. In every sport.

But there are good examples, like Copenhagen. Only one home player and they didnt waste years to make a tournament.

Yup. I'm even more :rolleyes: that Serbia doesn't have even one serious ITF challenger tournament. When JJ and Ana were on the top Belgrade didn't have even one futures :spit:

cant remember last time she played there, she has some grudge since she lives in US. Although she is on the entry list this year :oh:

I was just kidding :p I hope Szavay will win it this year :cool: or Arn :lol:
I would pick Babos, but since Hungary is not in the South America...there goes her chance :lol:

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Plenty more places to host a tournament than that dump.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Why now? You don't even have player in top 10 anymore. Actually you will only have Ivanovic playing after Jankovic retires. :oh:

You're right, 'cause every country that is hosting a WTA event has a Top 10 player :yeah: Kuala Lumpur, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Colombia and so on ;)
And yes, Jelena is like 27 years old, she is ready for retirement!!! What has she been waiting for... :rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Plenty more places to host a tournament than that dump.

:lol: :lol: :lol: oh poor you... do you need a hug or a drug? ;)

Wiggly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
The WTA needs to either get it sh!t together in Asia and grow overthere or get back to loyal markets such as Zurich before going to Belgrade.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: oh poor you... do you need a hug or a drug? ;)

Neither. though I do prescribe a shot of reality.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:42 PM
The WTA needs to either get it sh!t together in Asia and grow overthere or get back to loyal markets such as Zurich before going to Belgrade.

Zurich was a really really good tournament, It's a shame they canned it.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM

I'm talking about International events. I doubt China and Zurich are crazy about hosting those kinda tournaments ;) I think WTA needs more International events in Eastern/Central Europe :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Neither. though I do prescribe a shot of reality.

Yeah, since you live in Belgrade and you have the best reality check about this place. Afterall, we are walking around the streets killing each other, searching for food and stuff like that. God bless Australia :yeah:

Miracle Worker
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I think Serbia should have WTA tournament. But I'm not sure if Jelena or Ana want to pay their own money to play in such tournament. IIRC Novak put his own money before first edition of ATP Belgrade.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I think Serbia should have WTA tournament. But I'm not sure if Jelena or Ana want to pay their own money to play in such tournament. IIRC Novak put his own money before first edition of ATP Belgrade.

not true actually....sponsors (telekom srbija) and the city of belgrade covered it up ;)

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm talking about International events. I doubt China and Zurich are crazy about hosting those kinda tournaments ;) I think WTA needs more International events in Eastern/Central Europe :shrug:

But why?

Why is it that you think the WTA needs more International Events in that part of the world?

That would be like me wanting to hose a cricket match in the Middle of Tennessee, you think people from Tennesse are going to enjoy listening to Steve Waugh and Rahul Dravidy discuss why long off has come up when we have a seam bowler inswinging through to Tilikiratne Dilshan?

All very good to have Tennis reaching the globe and what not, but if it isn't an economically plausible and other such factors to host a major tennis event in some back drop, then to be honest, seems to be very little reason to do so.

You have a handful of little ITF's, be thankful with what you have and not be greedy.

It's just share greed, gluttony.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah, since you live in Belgrade and you have the best reality check about this place. Afterall, we are walking around the streets killing each other, searching for food and stuff like that. God bless Australia :yeah:

Looks like your education system is failing you at geography aswell mate :cool:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM
But why?

Why is it that you think the WTA needs more International Events in that part of the world?

That would be like me wanting to hose a cricket match in the Middle of Tennessee, you think people from Tennesse are going to enjoy listening to Steve Waugh and Rahul Dravidy discuss why long off has come up when we have a seam bowler inswinging through to Tilikiratne Dilshan?

All very good to have Tennis reaching the globe and what not, but if it isn't an economically plausible and other such factors to host a major tennis event in some back drop, then to be honest, seems to be very little reason to do so.

You have a handful of little ITF's, be thankful with what you have and not be greedy.

It's just share greed, gluttony.

Because there are some great players from that part of the world, and in the past there were some AMAZING players from that part of the world. Seleš, Dokić, Spirlea, Majoli... That's enough. I mean how many Romanians do you have now in the Top 200?

Greedy? :lol: First of all no one handed us those ITF's and second how can any country with such a history and two Top 20 players be pleased with like 5-6 10k futures?

There could a WTA event here, and it's not yours or anyone elses to give it, it's just a lack of motivation from the Federations...

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Looks like your education system is failing you at geography aswell mate :cool:

Yeah, since your country isn't a part of Oceania and Australasia and since your country wasn't in talks with Australia to become a part of it ;) Since you are so far away from Australia I apologize for my big mistake. Afterall that was the main topic here...mate :wavey: Yeah, I'm pretty stupid, coming from Belgrade ;)

Miracle Worker
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:03 PM
not true actually....sponsors (telekom srbija) and the city of belgrade covered it up ;)

His family purchased the ATP Tour date from the organizers of the Dutch Open, paid for the plot of land where the venue was built, and convinced the Serbian government to support the event. His uncle Goran is tournament director.[2]
;)

WTA in Belgrade - poor Jelena would lose to some random Serbian junior in 1st round :sobbing:

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Because there are some great players from that part of the world, and in the past there were some AMAZING players from that part of the world. Seleš, Dokić, Spirlea, Majoli... That's enough. I mean how many Romanians do you have now in the Top 200?

Greedy? :lol: First of all no one handed us those ITF's and second how can any country with such a history and two Top 20 players be pleased with like 5-6 10k futures?

There could a WTA event here, and it's not yours or anyone elses to give it, it's just a lack of motivation from the Federations...

Great players don't necessacarily equal a target market to host international events.

They can sure bring exposure, it's bums on seats, and also who's willing to fork out to host an international event, alot of parameters. which makes me wonder that some tournaments, there is barley a player in the stand.

I wouldn't know how many Romanians are in the top 200

How can they be pleased? it's not about being "pleased" at all, Having top players doesn't entitle a country to events, it sure may help in the process and bring exposure.

Don't see the ITF gifting you an event because you have a gaggle of serbs in the echelons of mens and womens tennis.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, since your country isn't a part of Oceania and Australasia and since your country wasn't in talks with Australia to become a part of it ;) Since you are so far away from Australia I apologize for my big mistake. Afterall that was the main topic here...mate :wavey: Yeah, I'm pretty stupid, coming from Belgrade ;)

At least the bolded part is factual.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Great players don't necessacarily equal a target market to host international events.

They can sure bring exposure, it's bums on seats, and also who's willing to fork out to host an international event, alot of parameters. which makes me wonder that some tournaments, there is barley a player in the stand.

I wouldn't know how many Romanians are in the top 200

How can they be pleased? it's not about being "pleased" at all, Having top players doesn't entitle a country to events, it sure may help in the process and bring exposure.

Don't see the ITF gifting you an event because you have a gaggle of serbs in the echelons of mens and womens tennis.

No where did I say that WTA should GIVE the International event. You asked me WHY should there be a tournament like that in this part of Europe. Reasons I told you are enough.
I was talking about Serbian Federation, not about WTA. My point is that Serbian Federation should do something about it. You got it all wrong...

;)

WTA in Belgrade - poor Jelena would lose to some random Serbian junior in 1st round :sobbing:

And that would be a great thing to that random Serbian junior :p
The venue where the tournament is played exists for like 50 years :lol: and they are renting it from the city of Belgrade ;)

Dan_Doe
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:10 PM

Kudos :worship:
Too bad none is good enough to make something big:weirdo:

ce
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:11 PM

:tape: :tape: you need :help:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM

Indeed you're one troubled persone ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612287.stm And this is a fact, made up fact I guess. Please do tell me, smart persone ;)

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Kudos :worship:
Too bad none is good enough to make something big:weirdo:

Who knows what will happen tomorrow ;) It's important that they are out there, trying...one of these days someone will make it. Maybe :lol:

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
No where did I say that WTA should GIVE the International event. You asked me WHY should there be a tournament like that in this part of Europe. Reasons I told you are enough.
I was talking about Serbian Federation, not about WTA. My point is that Serbian Federation should do something about it. You got it all wrong...

Lexicon a side...

You're reasons aren't valid enough to be honest, it's a mere wish list to think the ITF is going to wave it's magic wand and *POOF* in a cloud of haze, Serbia has a mainstream event because you have several players who are of worth.

It's where the money goes, and where the Fed's believe they can make a revenue. They operate as a business, not a charity.

England has several events, yet they can only muster up Andy Murray who some would argue he's a Scot, Tennis has history and a legacy in the UK. has only Erakovic bobbing around the top 50-60, and yet the ASB/Heiniken is run successfully.

This more or less tells me, that the success of your countrymen/countrywomen isn't the parameter for hosting events. It also has financial and economic accountability to re-consider.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Lexicon a side...

You're reasons aren't valid enough to be honest, it's a mere wish list to think the ITF is going to wave it's magic wand and *POOF* in a cloud of haze, Serbia has a mainstream event because you have several players who are of worth.

It's where the money goes, and where the Fed's believe they can make a revenue. They operate as a business, not a charity.

England has several events, yet they can only muster up Andy Murray who some would argue he's a Scot, Tennis has history and a legacy in the UK. has only Erakovic bobbing around the top 50-60, and yet the ASB/Heiniken is run successfully.

This more or less tells me, that the success of your countrymen/countrywomen isn't the parameter for hosting events. It also has financial and economic accountability to re-consider.

First, you have to read the text that you're quoting.
Once again and for the last time, I'm not expecting ITF or WTA to make events in Serbia, I want Serbian Federation to start doing something about it. So your whole post is actually off-topic.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Indeed you're one troubled persone ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612287.stm And this is a fact, made up fact I guess. Please do tell me, smart persone ;)

LOL, I remember this, it came to nothing and was old news, all sensational reporting that went international, and came before both countries had discussions on closer economic ties. I'm not exactly sure why you brought it up.....

Let's face it, the land down under is a better place to be :-) Isn't that why we have large serb populations ?;-)

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:32 PM
First, you have to read the text that you're quoting.
Once again and for the last time, I'm not expecting ITF or WTA to make events in Serbia, I want Serbian Federation to start doing something about it. So your whole post is actually off-topic.

That's if they want to do something about it mate.

Post still stands, because that's the answer your most likely to get. Stick to the ITF's.

and by all means, Go write to them and whinge, sitting on your arse ain't going to achieve much.

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Let's be brutally honest,

The Serbian Fed should be putting in some $$ to fix that serve of Ivanovic's and the Game of Jankovic's before they seriously start contemplating hosting events ;-)

Even you'll agree with me on that one.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:36 PM
LOL, I remember this, it came to nothing and was old news, all sensational reporting that went international, and came before both countries had discussions on closer economic ties. I'm not exactly sure why you brought it up.....

Let's face it, the land down under is a better place to be :-) Isn't that why we have large serb populations ?;-)

And please, by all means stay donw under :wavey:

ranfurly
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:39 PM
And please, by all means stay donw under :wavey:

Wel considering the unemployment rates and wage's of respective countries, I plan too :p

Cajka
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:07 AM

Now you decided to be a badass. Oh... :hug: :awww:

Cajka
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:22 AM

Those Serbs in Australia? :lol: Those who cheer for Novak in AO? I hope you enjoy their presence. :spit:

So many rude posts from you in this thread, I don't even know where to start. How can anyone be so disrespectful and mean with no obvious reason is beyond me. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. I can survive all the troubles my country is dealing with, but shallow and cocky people - no, thanks.

Utterchaos
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:05 AM

This.

Belgrade "tournament" is merely a guarantee for the Serb to win at least one title every year until he's 40.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:12 AM
This.

Belgrade "tournament" is merely a guarantee for the Serb to win at least one title every year until he's 40.

And that's because he can't win any other tournaments or "tournaments"? :lol:
It's for getting Belgrade city on the tennis map of the world :wavey: and everyone is welcomed to come here and kicks Novak's ass...if they can ;)

Utterchaos
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:17 AM
No need to be pressed, in fact I can admit that my favorite player, Federer, won a few Basel titles against not so elite competition. Fact remains, Belgrade is a joke event and nobody is gonna show up there just to "kick Novak's ass". Just admit it's a free title for him every year like Basel for Fed, Barcelona for Nadal etc.

ranfurly
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:24 AM
Those Serbs in Australia? :lol: Those who cheer for Novak in AO? I hope you enjoy their presence. :spit:

So many rude posts from you in this thread, I don't even know where to start. How can anyone be so disrespectful and mean with no obvious reason is beyond me. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near you. I can survive all the troubles my country is dealing with, but shallow and cocky people - no, thanks.

ZBR2G-iI3-I

njnetswill
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:27 AM
Is ranfurly Kittyking? Just askin'.

ranfurly
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:28 AM
Is ranfurly Kittyking? Just askin'.

Nope, We lived in the same City and worked a block away from each other. He now lives in Wellington.

chingching
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:45 AM
You'd think they could find some funds, given how packed the fed cup and davis cup ties are. A Wta International wouldnt be too hard to put on

The Kaz
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:34 AM
Why don't they just have a joint Belgrade tournament with the ATP :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:45 AM
You'd think they could find some funds, given how packed the fed cup and davis cup ties are. A Wta International wouldnt be too hard to put on

Why don't they just have a joint Belgrade tournament with the ATP :shrug:

I know... The problem is that nowadays no one seems to care about womens tennis :rolleyes: and even no one is raising that question! :tape:

ranfurly
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:49 AM
I know... The problem is that nowadays no one seems to care about womens tennis :rolleyes: and even no one is raising that question! :tape:

Bull.

There's just no need or want or any economic reason to have a WTA Tournament in Serbia.

Just be happy you have ITF's...

cescsas
Mar 31st, 2012, 10:48 AM
I definitely think there should be at least two or three tournaments in eastern europe considering a fairly healthy number of players are in the top 100 and the top 4 are from central/eastern european countries. When you see that America has 11 WTA tournaments and the whole of eastern europe gets 1 that's just wrong but money talks as we all know!

Potato
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
A little off topic, but is there actually any reason why ranfurly has so much personal distaste for Serbia? :P I know nothing about Serbia other than my favorite tennis player happens to be Serbian. (well, and the most basic facts about Yugoslavia) :lol:

WTA Belgrade would seem like a good idea but I don't think there will be any crowds for anyone that doesn't have a last name that ends with "-ic"

Caipirinha Guy
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
WTA Belgrade would seem like a good idea but I don't think there will be any crowds for anyone that doesn't have a last name that ends with "-ic"

Should be some crowds for Jovanovski too. :p

Corswandt
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the WTA calendar slot/tournament license that was up for grabs after Zürich folded originally supposed to be taken by VIP's manager Holzmann to set an event in Belgrade, only for ~*Princess Karolina*~ and her handlers to make their move first, buy it and take it to Copenhagen?

I've also read some stuff on Twitter over the last few days that hinted that Brazil, besides already getting Marbella's WTA tournament license to organize an event as early as 2013, also have their sights set on the moribund ATP 500/WTA MM in Memphis to move it to Brazil as well.

Cajka
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the WTA calendar slot/tournament license that was up for grabs after Zürich folded originally supposed to be taken by VIP's manager Holzmann to set an event in Belgrade, only for ~*Princess Karolina*~ and her handlers to make their move first, buy it and take it to Copenhagen?

I've also read some stuff on Twitter over the last few days that hinted that Brazil, besides already getting Marbella's WTA tournament license to organize an event as early as 2013, also have their sights set on the moribund ATP 500/WTA MM in Memphis to move it to Brazil as well.

I think it wasn't Zürich, I think it was Linz, but the organizers changed their mind in the last minute or something like that.

chingching
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:40 AM
If brazil gets another WTA, I will kill someone. There are already too many tournament whorers tournaments, dont make any more!!!!!!!!!!!

Cp6uja
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:48 AM
People from the Federation told me like three years ago that they are in serious talks with WTA about International WTA event. Still nothing happened :rolleyes: It's kinda sad that the country with three GS champions (Seleš, Ivanović and Janković in mixed doubles), who were also ex No1, not to have a WTA event. We even don't have a serious ITF tournament :weirdo: and maybe 5-6 futures that are so-so when it comes to participants :tape:

Let's make some noise about it, who knows, maybe it will change something :lol:Last time I decide to not continue any discussion with You after You trying to convince me that Ana Ivanovic (so and others our tennis players) not represent Serbia on (and off) tennis courts around the world, except only in rare cases when they have some kind of special permission for that of Serbian Tennis Federation!? But now You give me great oportunity to say to you couple words about our TSS (Serbian Tennis Federation). Its TSS who not represent Serbia, they are bunch of wrong people on wrong place, and among the other things that is only reason why Serbia still don't have any international WTA event - and also reason why we have one ATP (smallest 250) event don't have anything with our TSS (its private tournament of Djokovic family)! So in decade where we have TOP5 player (Jelena Dokic) and even two WTA#1 players where Ivanovic is since career breakthrough established like one of TOP10 most popular female athletes in the world and Jelena Jankovic is most popular female athlete in Serbia all this years (and also well recognized person around the world) - biggest WTA event in our country and city of Belgrade (from where is all our TOP100 ATP and WTA players) still dont have anything bigger than ITF 10K futures event! So You make noise on wrong place - right adress is TSS, not TF.

Tennis is very popular in our country, especially in last 5-6 years, so last couple seasons in FED CUP matches in Belgrade Arena vs Japan, Russia and Slovakia there is over 10.000 people per day in average (bigger attendance than 1.300.000.000 China is able to attract right now), and even in Novi Sad where Serbia played against poor Canada without Ivanovic and Jankovic both - there is about 3.500-4.000 crowd. Serbia already have great facilities to have worlds biggest WTA indoors event (with about 20.000 seats Belgrade Arena is comparable with hosts of two big ATP events - Paris Bercy and London's O2 Arena), or to have very solid WTA claycourt outdoors event (on same place where is already played ATP event). But problem is in our TSS which simple don't care about anything which really should to be theirs job and priorities in country with probably strongest active players group in the world right now (I will not change Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Troicki & Ivanovic, Jankovic, Jovanovski ATP&WTA combination with any other country!), and our new TSS president Vuk Jeremic is probably even worse option than previous Zivojinovic which at least have clue about tennis. Jeremic is influental politican in our country, minister of Foreign Affairs, but ironically person on that position is one of leading isolationists in our country, and he for sure don't care about any good benefits if Belgrade will be put on WTA roadmap. Thanks to glory of our tennis (in WTA with Seles, Ivanovic and Jankovic we have most #1 players after USA in history) its easy to get, especially MM one, but TSS don't care about that and since 2006 every single year they give different "we are so close to get an WTA event, but..." explanation. Look whats happen in neighboring Bulgaria: Pironkova make two in the row notable Wimbledons runs, theirs most talented ATP player dating famous WTA superstar, so interest for womens tennis rise about 30% and they since this season will host MM-YEC (event which BTW last two times won player from Serbia) :shrug: So they care (Bulgarian Tennis Federation) and use opportunity. I'm not be surprised if even Lukashenko's Belarus and theirs tennis federation (and city of Minsk) will choose opportunity to explore international success of theirs WTA star, so City of Belgrade and Serbian Tennis Federation will still stay only which not explore anything from big tennis-bum, success and glory of theirs WTA players.

Tenis Srbija
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Last time I decide to not continue any discussion with You after You trying to convince me that Ana Ivanovic (so and others our tennis players) not represent Serbia on (and off) tennis courts around the world, except only in rare cases when they have some kind of special permission for that of Serbian Tennis Federation!? But now You give me great oportunity to say to you couple words about our TSS (Serbian Tennis Federation). Its TSS who not represent Serbia, they are bunch of wrong people on wrong place, and among the other things that is only reason why Serbia still don't have any international WTA event - and also reason why we have one ATP (smallest 250) event don't have anything with our TSS (its private tournament of Djokovic family)! So in decade where we have TOP5 player (Jelena Dokic) and even two WTA#1 players where Ivanovic is since career breakthrough established like one of TOP10 most popular female athletes in the world and Jelena Jankovic is most popular female athlete in Serbia all this years (and also well recognized person around the world) - biggest WTA event in our country and city of Belgrade (from where is all our TOP100 ATP and WTA players) still dont have anything bigger than ITF 10K futures event! So You make noise on wrong place - right adress is TSS, not TF.

Tennis is very popular in our country, especially in last 5-6 years, so last couple seasons in FED CUP matches in Belgrade Arena vs Japan, Russia and Slovakia there is over 10.000 people per day in average (bigger attendance than 1.300.000.000 China is able to attract right now), and even in Novi Sad where Serbia played against poor Canada without Ivanovic and Jankovic both - there is about 3.500-4.000 crowd. Serbia already have great facilities to have worlds biggest WTA indoors event (with about 20.000 seats Belgrade Arena is comparable with hosts of two big ATP events - Paris Bercy and London's O2 Arena), or to have very solid WTA claycourt outdoors event (on same place where is already played ATP event). But problem is in our TSS which simple don't care about anything which really should to be theirs job and priorities in country with probably strongest active players group in the world right now (I will not change Djokovic, Tipsarevic, Troicki & Ivanovic, Jankovic, Jovanovski ATP&WTA combination with any other country!), and our new TSS president Vuk Jeremic is probably even worse option than previous Zivojinovic which at least have clue about tennis. Jeremic is influental politican in our country, minister of Foreign Affairs, but ironically person on that position is one of leading isolationists in our country, and he for sure don't care about any good benefits if Belgrade will be put on WTA roadmap. Thanks to glory of our tennis (in WTA with Seles, Ivanovic and Jankovic we have most #1 players after USA in history) its easy to get, especially MM one, but TSS don't care about that and since 2006 every single year they give different "we are so close to get an WTA event, but..." explanation. Look whats happen in neighboring Bulgaria: Pironkova make two in the row notable Wimbledons runs, theirs most talented ATP player dating famous WTA superstar, so interest for womens tennis rise about 30% and they since this season will host MM-YEC (event which BTW last two times won player from Serbia) :shrug: So they care (Bulgarian Tennis Federation) and use opportunity. I'm not be surprised if even Lukashenko's Belarus and theirs tennis federation (and city of Minsk) will choose opportunity to explore international success of theirs WTA star, so City of Belgrade and Serbian Tennis Federation will still stay only which not explore anything from big tennis-bum, success and glory of theirs WTA players.

Oh dear, not again. I didn't say that and I told you that even back then, but you continued on with your stuff :rolleyes:

Other part of your post...well I agree, mostly. One thing you have to know, it's rare that Federations organize WTA/ATP events, and you should know that Serbian Tennis Federation is very, very and even more poor. But, the biggest problem is their lack of interest. Problems I mentioned in the first part could be fixed (or maybe not) but they just don't care. :tape: