PDA

View Full Version : miffedmax used to be fun ...

Just Do It
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM
... and then he became a mod and turned into a thread closing machine :(
I know this one will get closed in no time but I wanted to share it. I have a feeling more and more threads in GM are being closed/removed/merged/deleted since he became a mod than before?

edificio
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:38 PM
He seems pretty moderate to me. :shrug:

*JR*
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM

I know this one will get closed in no time but I wanted to share it. I have a feeling more and more threads in GM are being closed/removed/merged/deleted since he became a mod than before?

Certain posters used to bitch about the (also greatly respected and admired) griffin the same way, so I'd say that Max is "in good company". :shrug:

Pureracket
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
You call any of that bunch of sicko E.D. fans fun? Really? I merely suggested that that woman trim (yes, TRIM) her bangs, and that lot found the address to my house, and I received boxes of blonde babydoll hair in the mail until I issued a formal apology.

"Miffemax" and "fun" don't belong in the same sentence, boo.

Sammo
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:00 PM
He likes the power :oh:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i0NvoehTYyg/TiRS1I0zEII/AAAAAAAAADI/SXpt6qblQL4/s1600/dark-side-cookie.jpeg

miffedmax
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:10 PM
You call any of that bunch of sicko E.D. fans fun? Really? I merely suggested that that woman trim (yes, TRIM) her bangs, and that lot found the address to my house, and I received boxes of blonde babydoll hair in the mail until I issued a formal apology.

"Miffemax" and "fun" don't belong in the same sentence, boo.

And I was never even indicted. In fact, the Sanford police cleared me immediately.

In all seriousness, one of the reasons new mods were added to GM was there was a sense it had become something of a zoo.

If you feel a thread has been moved or closed unjustly, you can always contact me or any other mod by PM. We will be happy to discuss it with you. I have been known to re-open threads because a poster made a good case.

Generally, though, when I close a thread I try to leave a message about why I did it. Yeah, sometimes I'm snarky because my patience has been tried, but I do try. And I always let you know I closed it so you know who to contact.

But really, we were actually losing members due to what a mess GM had become.

Sam L
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM
He is moderate and unbiased. At least, he doesn't form cliques and trolls posters he doesn't like. (Not talking about anyone here).

In The Zone
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:07 PM

Yep. I rarely go into GM now unless I am super bored and/or it's 4am.

mykarma
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM
:lol:

donellcarey
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:03 AM
I don't think is that big of a deal, when you're in a higher position u gotta be more responsible, without him GM would be much bigger of a mess.

KournikovaFan91
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:32 AM

Agree I rarely even went in when I was a mod for that area, the bitchiness, moaning, and overall lunatic behavior just annoyed me probably why I ended up getting the sack :oh:

ptkten
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:54 AM
Agreed, Max is doing a good job. Every thread in GM is either about how someone is a mug, how a player is ugly, or how a player has bad fashion sense. It's so frustrating.

Where are the threads actually analyzing results, stats, technique etc? It's sad really what GM has become (although to be fair it was never that great to begin with).

Ellen Dawson
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM

Why discuss this publicly? IMHO, this sounds like a PM that should've remained a PM.

In The Zone
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:19 AM
You know you've made it big when you have haters.

Congrats Maxy! :kiss:

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:30 AM
Not everyone can stay fun AND be a Mod, like me. :oh:

Max always has been/always will be cool, even when he eventually becomes an Admin.

Just Do It
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:58 AM
And I was never even indicted. In fact, the Sanford police cleared me immediately.

In all seriousness, one of the reasons new mods were added to GM was there was a sense it had become something of a zoo.

If you feel a thread has been moved or closed unjustly, you can always contact me or any other mod by PM. We will be happy to discuss it with you. I have been known to re-open threads because a poster made a good case.

Generally, though, when I close a thread I try to leave a message about why I did it. Yeah, sometimes I'm snarky because my patience has been tried, but I do try. And I always let you know I closed it so you know who to contact.

Fair enough. I just want you to know I am not hating, just expressing my opinion.

Why discuss this publicly? IMHO, this sounds like a PM that should've remained a PM.
Because it's my opinion and as everyone said it's not such a big deal that can't be discussed publically.

Max always has been/always will be cool, even when he eventually becomes an Admin.
Right, you have some hater out there though :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
I rarely visit and never post at GM anymore. Observing and/or communicating with the mentally unstable can be fascinating every now and then but it gets boring very quickly.

McPie
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
He seems pretty moderate to me. :shrug:

agree ;)

btw, I only go GM for Interesting Pics/Captions :p

Kworb
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
miffedmax is still fun :oh:

But I've seen how getting moderating power on a large forum can change people :oh:

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Right, you have some hater out there though :oh:

I've always wanted to be a celebrity, this is the closest I'll probably get. :cool:

McPie
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:58 PM
I've always wanted to be a celebrity, this is the closest I'll probably get. :cool:

you should try to be Meme sometimes :p

tennisbum79
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
I have different complain about miffedmax.

I still cannot get over the fact he took down Dementieva's iconic picture in his avatar.:lol::lol:

Also, he no longer has enough time to publish the quarterlyand much anticipated Last Flight Out of [insert the Grand Slam name]

HippityHop
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Ah. don't pay any attention to max, he's always miffed. :bolt:

RenaSlam.
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Max is a good mod, he PMed me and offered an explanation as to why he closed one of my threads.

Step to Max the Moderator, haters.

Galang
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
GM is great. Older posters need to deal with the fact that it's changed.

mykarma
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Max is a good mod, he PMed me and offered an explanation as to why he closed one of my threads.

I don't see any change in Max except he now has a responsibility that I wouldn't have if they paid me.

gmak
Mar 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Max has always been cool and that hasn't changed ;)

best Lenatard around still :lol: :rocker:

Infiniti2001
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:16 PM

Me too!! I go there once in a blue on my days off when I am extremely bored... THe level of hatred and anger towards players, even those I don't care for is irksome...

P.S. I think Miff is doing a great job considering what he has to deal with :p

JN
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:10 PM

Yeah, I bet we'll never see Max calling members idiots! :lol: You need to get back to that, Ryan. You had me CTFU! ;)

miffedmax
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:47 PM

I still cannot get over the fact he took down Dementieva's iconic picture in his avatar.:lol::lol:

Also, he no longer has enough time to publish the quarterlyand much anticipated Last Flight Out of [insert the Grand Slam name]

Yes, but look at it this way.

How often has Alexa Glatch gotten to be somebody's avi?

Brena
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:57 PM
He is moderate and unbiased. At least, he doesn't form cliques and trolls posters he doesn't like. (Not talking about anyone here).

Indeed. And he's not an idiot which can't be said for at least 2 or 3 other mods I've had the displeasure of discussing something with. And some of them are worse stans/haterz than posters who get banned.

$uricate
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Max's authority must not be questioned.

The end.

Ryan
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I bet we'll never see Max calling members idiots! :lol: You need to get back to that, Ryan. You had me CTFU! ;)

I don't know what CTFU is. :o But Im taking it as a compliment.

*JR*
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:39 PM
I don't know what CTFU is. :o

Canadian Tennis (is) Fucked Up. :help:

Ashi
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:57 AM
Ya'll are putting too much pressure on him. Not everyone can be awesome all the time.

That said, you are doing a :yeah: job Max.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:39 AM
i dunno how such psychos can become mods but ok :scared:

miffedmax
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM
i dunno how such psychos can become mods but ok :scared:

Yeah, but the bright side is you know how easily manipulated I am.

http://hairstylesandcuts.net/wp-content/uploads/2011-Women-Japanese-Bangs-Hairstyle.jpg

Keegan
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ever since his bogan best friend left, he's had to channel his anger elsewhere :sad:

pov
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:00 PM

:yeah: MM is one of the few mods that I see doing anything of value on TF. And IMO it's still not enough. GM is a zoo. An often infantile zoo. The level of informed, insightful discussion used to be higher. Plus MM (and a few other mods) are great about responding to questions about things. 'course I don't always agree with their decisions - that's par for the course. But as long as I know that they're doing their best to be even-handed I'm good.

BTW "fun" means different things to different people.

Cajka
Apr 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
I think he's a great mod.

DevilishAttitude
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM

This whole post amused me in a variety of ways, but the bolded part was the most hilarious of all. When was GM ever anything BUT a zoo?

Now I rarely post here these days, but was a regular poster around 2005-06, and GM was always filled with hate-filled and nasty posts (and I admit, I was no angel at times as I enjoyed winding people up) but I highly doubt anything has changed in that regard.

The Mods those days were.. certainly biased towards posters who supported two particular players, and didn't really attempt to hide it. They would just ban you on the spot, rather than give out warnings (no idea if that has changed these days) they didn't have much presence in GM really, they would just delete posts or threads without an explanation, which sometimes worked and other times didn't.

In the end though, it doesn't matter how GM is moderated or looked after, there will always be groups of people who will post outrageous things and be an idiot, I found that I had far better things to do than be insulted on a tennis forum, and I guess a lot of people have that couple of years life period before rather disliking the nature of this board.

Corswandt
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Now I rarely post here these days, but was a regular poster around 2005-06, and GM was always filled with hate-filled and nasty posts (and I admit, I was no angel at times as I enjoyed winding people up) but I highly doubt anything has changed in that regard.

The Mods those days were.. certainly biased towards posters who supported two particular players, and didn't really attempt to hide it. They would just ban you on the spot, rather than give out warnings (no idea if that has changed these days) they didn't have much presence in GM really, they would just delete posts or threads without an explanation, which sometimes worked and other times didn't.

Aye. Everyone knew the higher echelons of the moderating team in those days were in cahoots with the leading Willytard trolls. Oppressed minorities unite etc.

On topic: moderating has gone from biased and ineffective to overly intrusive and overbearing.

tennisrules
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:55 AM
I rarely criticize the mods (unless they go waaaayy overboard) because they have a tough job. I haven't been here long but I think max has done a fine job so far.

I know it's a job I wouldn't want - I have enough stress in my life:lol:

Dominic
Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:55 AM
I'm just really glad he doesn't talk about bangs (what a strange obsession) as much :)

Veesus
Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:15 AM
I thought this was America....?? I can't even call a player ugly without being banned for 2-4 weeks... Where is my freedom of speech?

Am I actually in Saudi Arabia?

LoveFifteen
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Firstly, miffedmax is a legend.

Second, we should be glad the mods here do their jobs; otherwise, we would become the cesspool of hate that is MTF.

Andreas
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM

Second, we should be glad the mods here do their jobs; otherwise, we would become the cesspool of hate that is MTF.

:rolleyes: The moderators at MTF are doing a very fine job!

And so is Max, btw.

Just Do It
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
:rolleyes: The moderators at MTF are doing a very fine job!

And so is Max, btw.

Is it because you are a moderator there? :lol:

MaBaker
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
True. And I think he should've been banned when he compared Jelena with a dog. Anyway, if he moves another thread about Jelena's boyfriend to ~ ♥ JJ ♥ ~, he'll be picking up cutten (let's pretend that this word is right) bangs all over Texas.

Beat
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
I thought this was America....?? I can't even call a player ugly without being banned for 2-4 weeks... Where is my freedom of speech?

Am I actually in Saudi Arabia?

well, you were wrong.

+1 !!

Brena
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
True. And I think he should've been banned when he compared Jelena with a dog. Anyway, if he moves another thread about Jelena's boyfriend to ~ ♥ JJ ♥ ~, he'll be picking up cutten (let's pretend that this word is right) bangs all over Texas.

So you prefer the one who wouldn't let you change your nick without any valid reason other than his desire to brag about being able to recognise cyrillic letters? Or the one who used to (pretend to) moderate the ~ ♥ JJ ♥ ~ forum while being an accomplished and quite retarded JJ-hater himself (and who once bad-repped me because his paranoia made him misinterpret a post of mine which had absolutely nothing to do with him, and when I sent him a polite PM to ask him what it was all about, he never replied)? :inlove:

Super Dave
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
It's just a microcosm of society...the fry cook becomes an assistant manager and everyone hates him for doing his job. I went through it on another board and when Max became a mod, I had a sinking feeling the same would happen to him.

You know, in the capable, wisdom comes with age. Don't write us old guys off. You just may learn something.

LoveFifteen
Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
MTF is a cesspool of hate. The vileness and negativity there are on a whole different level. There's certainly no spirit of fun.

Sammo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
well, you were wrong.

:spit: :facepalm:

America :haha::haha::haha:

faboozadoo15
Apr 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Is it because you are a moderator there? :lol:

MTF is disgusting. It's not even worth posting. If you think there are a lot of nasty, ignorant posters here, go there and come back refreshed.

pov
Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:38 PM

Yeah! Wtf is up with that anyway?

pov
Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
How often has Alexa Glatch gotten to be somebody's avi?
Alexa Glatch is the sex.

Chrissie-fan
Apr 2nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
MTF is disgusting. It's not even worth posting. If you think there are a lot of nasty, ignorant posters here, go there and come back refreshed.
I don't really see the point of all that really - be it here are at GM or at MTF. Why do people get such a kick out of posting vile and childish nonsense? I don't get it. Even as an exercise in trying to get under other people's skins - which I suppose is the main objective - it fails. Because as soon as you know what troll is going to say what, and it doesn't take long to figure that out since most of them seemingly copy and paste the same junk from one thread to the next, it stops being annoying and just becomes boring. People don't get annoyed, they just go away.

MaBaker
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
So you prefer the one who wouldn't let you change your nick without any valid reason other than his desire to brag about being able to recognise cyrillic letters? Or the one who used to (pretend to) moderate the ~ ♥ JJ ♥ ~ forum while being an accomplished and quite retarded JJ-hater himself (and who once bad-repped me because his paranoia made him misinterpret a post of mine which had absolutely nothing to do with him, and when I sent him a polite PM to ask him what it was all about, he never replied)? :inlove:
lol, I can only imagine how polite you were :hearts: Anyway, those 2 made me dislike all mods. It's not fair, but such is life.

Corswandt
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM
I don't really see the point of all that really - be it here are at GM or at MTF. Why do people get such a kick out of posting vile and childish nonsense? I don't get it. Even as an exercise in trying to get under other people's skins - which I suppose is the main objective - it fails. Because as soon as you know what troll is going to say what, and it doesn't take long to figure that out since most of them seemingly copy and paste the same junk from one thread to the next, it stops being annoying and just becomes boring. People don't get annoyed, they just go away.

Underrating troll originality and creativity.

JN
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM

Trolls desire one thing and one thing only: attention. They don't care if they're repetitive or boring, all they want is to be fed. They will only go away if they're starved and one reply will sustain them for a day.

meyerpl
Apr 2nd, 2012, 05:57 PM

Step to Max the Moderator, haters.He extended me the same courtesy when he deleted my thread, "Which Player Has the Heaviest Periods."

Super Dave
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
^ :haha:

DevilishAttitude
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Aye. Everyone knew the higher echelons of the moderating team in those days were in cahoots with the leading Willytard trolls. Oppressed minorities unite etc.

On topic: moderating has gone from biased and ineffective to overly intrusive and overbearing.

Exactly, I remember an admin who actually had the username VSteve who randomly moderated for about six months, and there is no way of poster such as Denise4925 would have lasted for years if she had been anything other than an Williams fan.

I do find it curious that some moderators seem to post the same hateful nonsense that they would automatically remove if it was someone else, obviously power has gone to a couple of their heads.

Bijoux0021
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
He extended me the same courtesy when he deleted my thread, "Which Player Has the Heaviest Periods."

:o :facepalm:

Seriously, how would you know which player has the heaviest periods. A childish thread like this deserved a temporary ban. :smash:

meyerpl
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
:o :facepalm:

Seriously, how would you know which player has the heaviest periods. A childish thread like this deserved a temporary ban. :smash:Thank you for brightening my day!:)

Corswandt
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Exactly, I remember an admin who actually had the username VSteve who randomly moderated for about six months, and there is no way of poster such as Denise4925 would have lasted for years if she had been anything other than an Williams fan.

Those were dark days indeed. As for Denise, one of TF's current admins (~CANUCK~, who is also just about the only moderator TF ever had who actually, you know, moderates) told me she was a difficult one to catch as, for all her incessant trolling and arrogant asshattery, she was wily and cautious to the extent of never saying anything outrageous enough to get her banned outright. Make of that what you will.

In the early days of WTAW, it was Poe who refused to do anything about the Willytards running rampant through GM and acting as if they owned it, and even prevented other members of the moderating team from doing so.

I do find it curious that some moderators seem to post the same hateful nonsense that they would automatically remove if it was someone else, obviously power has gone to a couple of their heads.

Ryan. As late as a year or so ago, the moderating team was forced to justify his antagonistic rudeness nearly 24-7, and I suppose the only reason he didn't get demoted was that he belonged to one of the dominant cliques, and/or that the unbearably arrogant Kart didn't want to look as if he was giving in to "mob rule". I think Ryan has been keeping a lower profile as of late, but I may be wrong. Dexter was much the same when he was here all the time, only childish and petty rather than crass.

One of the main problems is that, in TF, being picked to be a moderator is more of a reward for popularity (typically being a member of a certain clique), rather than a way to choose people who will actually do the required moderating work.

Charlatan
Apr 2nd, 2012, 11:40 PM

RenaSlam spreading the truth :bowdown: Pay attention to her, all you crusty lessors :rolls:

Tennis Fool
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:13 AM
MTF. Anyone remember the days of Lina, the mod?

the jamierbelyea
Apr 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
I was a GM mod for a little while, and it's not as easy as it seems. I was far away from all the cliques and things though, as I've always been under the radar here haha

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:03 AM
Those were dark days indeed. As for Denise, one of TF's current admins (~CANUCK~, who is also just about the only moderator TF ever had who actually, you know, moderates) told me she was a difficult one to catch as, for all her incessant trolling and arrogant asshattery, she was wily and cautious to the extent of never saying anything outrageous enough to get her banned outright. Make of that what you will.

In the early days of WTAW, it was Poe who refused to do anything about the Willytards running rampant through GM and acting as if they owned it, and even prevented other members of the moderating team from doing so.

Ryan. As late as a year or so ago, the moderating team was forced to justify his antagonistic rudeness nearly 24-7, and I suppose the only reason he didn't get demoted was that he belonged to one of the dominant cliques, and/or that the unbearably arrogant Kart didn't want to look as if he was giving in to "mob rule". I think Ryan has been keeping a lower profile as of late, but I may be wrong. Dexter was much the same when he was here all the time, only childish and petty rather than crass.

One of the main problems is that, in TF, being picked to be a moderator is more of a reward for popularity (typically being a member of a certain clique), rather than a way to choose people who will actually do the required moderating work.

So much love in one post. :bowdown: I dont even think there ARE cliques on this board for Moderators, let alone do I think Im part of a dominant one. I just happen to be more up front and less tolerant/patient than other Mods, but I can see why people don't want to put up with that. I might be crass, but I do my job, whatever you want to think. ;)

I miss Kart :bowdown: You guys don't realize how lucky you were to have him.

mckyle.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
miffedmax is still fun :oh:

But I've seen how getting moderating power on a large forum can change people :oh:

KATIE

Brena
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:34 AM

Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. Such accurate descriptions. How on earth those three became moderators in the first place is mind-boggling to say the least.
MaBaker and I had a long discussion with Kart (until he locked it, obviously :lol:) when he couldn't give any valid reason for not allowing her to change her username. He just kept being patronising and repeating the same non-arguments, making sure to proudly point out how he :bowdown: ''can read cyrillic'':bowdown:. The fact that there was nothing wrong with the username was of the secondary importance, while his position of authority vs. us mere peasants, his infinite wisdom and knowledge, and the opportunity to appear superior were of the primary importance.
The less I say about Dexter, the better. Perhaps kman should become a mod as well?

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Funniest thing about Kart was the way in which, when cornered, he'd evade the questions (no matter how reasonable) being asked to the moderating team by using cryptic, supercilious rhetorical questions of his own.

As for Ryan, even though moderator status always gives the chance to take the high road in any bout of GM shit slinging, he just couldn't resist getting his own hands dirty.

Dexter was (is?) just a toddler with a keyboard.

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Also, do you remember when mod tobi sometimes went into GM and bumped dozens (literally) of match score threads within a few minutes only to post a couple of emoticons in each?

Brena
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Funniest thing about Kart was the way in which, when cornered, he'd evade the questions (no matter how reasonable) being asked to the moderating team by using cryptic, supercilious rhetorical questions of his own.

That's exactly my experience with him. Ma and I exchanged dozens of posts with him asking him questions to none of which we received a real answer. Then he locked the discussion concluding that there was nothing more to explain. :spit:

As for Ryan, even though moderator status always gives the chance to take the high road in any bout of GM shit slinging, he just couldn't resist getting his own hands dirty.

At least Ryan has the redeeming quality of being from Canada, the holy land of every self-respecting Anci-hater. :inlove:

Dexter was (is?) just a toddler with a keyboard.

He's still around in GM, but much less frequently (surprise, surprise).

Corswandt
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
At least Ryan has the redeeming quality of being from Canada, the holy land of every self-respecting Anci-hater. :inlove:

That shady hag Stephanie Myles must be our prophet then. :tape:

Just Do It
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:18 AM
Also, do you remember when mod tobi sometimes went into GM and bumped dozens (literally) of match score threads within a few minutes only to post a couple of emoticons in each?

No :hysteric: What happened with him anyway, I don't see him anymore. If I remember correctly I used to get in brawl with him.

Brena
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:20 AM

I have no idea who that (obviously) wonderful woman is, but if she's the one responsible for the violent abuse, I'll compose her a hymn.

Cajka
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
I have no idea who that (obviously) wonderful woman is, but if she's the one responsible for the violent abuse, I'll compose her a hymn.

People even thought it was you. :spit:

Kworb
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
KATIE

But Katie has changed for the better :oh:

Brena
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
People even thought it was you. :spit:

What?! :weirdo: Everyone in their right mind knows who I really am and where I operate from.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10pxbgn.jpg

mckyle.
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
But Katie has changed for the better :oh:

She used to be known as a really sweet member. But I guess you sorta gotta get tough when you become a mod. I never would have expected Lee to become the way he has though. I didn't even know he existed until he became mod :deadbanana:

JN
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:22 PM
So much love in one post. :bowdown: I dont even think there ARE cliques on this board for Moderators, let alone do I think Im part of a dominant one. I just happen to be more up front and less tolerant/patient than other Mods, but I can see why people don't want to put up with that. I might be crass, but I do my job, whatever you want to think. ;)

I miss Kart :bowdown: You guys don't realize how lucky you were to have him.

Right, were it not for Kart we might still have the Political subforum. Thank you Kart!! [sarcasm=off]

Cajka
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Right, were it not for Kart we might still have the Political subforum. Thank you Kart!! [sarcasm=off]

What was Political forum like? If it was like GM, I don't blame them for closing it.

JN
Apr 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
What was Political forum like? If it was like GM, I don't blame them for closing it.

It was really no different than the US Politics thread is now, just with more active members. The mods were just lazy.

Jane Lane
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM

:hysteric: Oh god :vomit:

I like the mods :shrug: If you had to deal with all the bile that spews from the mouth of GM...

Max :yeah: Linda :yeah: Everybody else :yeah:

LoveFifteen
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
What happened to Kart? Did he leave this website?

Just Do It
Apr 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
What happened to Kart? Did he leave this website?

Yes he did, just recently. He left for good. No one knows why though.

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Keep the love coming, I think this is really therapeutic for you guys! Your psychiatrist bills must be too expensive, so free venting sessions were probably in order. :cool: ;)

pov
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
It was really no different than the US Politics thread is now,
Really? To me, it was very different. It was much better than the inanity of one thread for everything. Tome GM sees more petty nonsense than it ever did. Sure there were little arguments, etc but nothing over-the-top that I saw.

pov
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
I wonder if MM is going to get suckahed by this thread and stop being an effective mod.

JN
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Really? To me, it was very different. It was much better than the inanity of one thread for everything. To me GM sees more petty nonsense than it ever did. Sure there were little arguments, etc but nothing over-the-top that I saw.

I meant in its content and temperament. But, you're right, it was in no way comparable to GM's level of nonsense.

pov
Apr 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
I meant in its content and temperament.
Oh. Sorry. I agree with you then. :)

tennisbum79
Apr 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
I wonder if MM is going to get suckahed by this thread and stop being an effective mod.
Not a chance. max is incorruptible.

And Max, has never been in Russia, he'll keep it that way.

Should he wish to visit his dear " Oprah of Russian", Lena, there is always Youtube.
Russia is just too corrupted even for Max to leave the country unscathed

Ryan
Apr 3rd, 2012, 11:31 PM
That's exactly my experience with him. Ma and I exchanged dozens of posts with him asking him questions to none of which we received a real answer. Then he locked the discussion concluding that there was nothing more to explain. :spit:

He's still around in GM, but much less frequently (surprise, surprise).

I like Ana though. :o

Malva
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:11 AM
:yeah:MM is one of the few mods that I see doing anything of value on TF. And IMO it's still not enough. GM is a zoo. An often infantile zoo. The level of informed, insightful discussion used to be higher.

I strongly agree.

As was already mentioned, GM was never great due to the level of rudeness, bad will, cynicism, and unrestrained bad behavior of, what has to be said, a limited number of individuals, who were clearly attracting similar sociopathic individuals to the TF, and who could thrive due to the lack of proper moderation of the forum.

This made any civilized conversation about the matches, players, and various styles of tennis, nearly impossible in the GM section of the forum. Which is a shame, since the forum, and especially GM, should be the place where people who love tennis meet, talk to, and enjoy the company of other lovers of tennis, instead of being forced to suffer in every thread from sociopatic haters and misfits.

All of this due to completely inadequate level of moderation.

Since I arrived 4 years ago the situation went from bad to worse. In 2010 I practically stopped posting in the forum and precisely for the reason stated above.

stromatolite
Apr 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I don't always agree with Max's thread-closing decisions, but I have no doubt he always tries to be fair. And he's still fun, which is a pretty impressive achievement given how much of his time he has to spend issuing warnings to childish posters, precisely in an attempt to avoid having to close threads that are potentially interesting to other posters.

Chrissie-fan
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I've been a TF member for nearly eight years, but I never got the impression that most GM posters acually like tennis or tennis players. In fact, if anyone would start a forum for people who hate tennis it wouldn't look all that different from GM. Max is a good mod though. He's just fighting an uphill battle. You can't really properly straighten out GM without the support of the vast majority of TF members, and that support just isn't there. So the only option for those who don't belong to the :happy: :oh: crowd is just to walk away. Better to do that than to show your support by participating on a forum you despise. The alternative is to set up a 'general tennis' thread in the player forum of your fave where you'll be able to discuss tennis without fruitcakes trying to be 'funny' at your expense or at the expense of your fave.

Corswandt
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I strongly agree.

As was already mentioned, GM was never great due to the level of rudeness, bad will, cynicism, and unrestrained bad behavior of, what has to be said, a limited number of individuals, who were clearly attracting similar sociopathic individuals to the TF, and who could thrive due to the lack of proper moderation of the forum.

This made any civilized conversation about the matches, players, and various styles of tennis, nearly impossible in the GM section of the forum. Which is a shame, since the forum, and especially GM, should be the place where people who love tennis meet, talk to, and enjoy the company of other lovers of tennis, instead of being forced to suffer in every thread from sociopatic haters and misfits.

All of this due to completely inadequate level of moderation.

Since I arrived 4 years ago the situation went from bad to worse. In 2010 I practically stopped posting in the forum and precisely for the reason stated above.

I've been a TF member for nearly eight years, but I never got the impression that most GM posters acually like tennis or tennis players. In fact, if anyone would start a forum for people who hate tennis it wouldn't look all that different from GM. Max is a good mod though. He's just fighting an uphill battle. You can't really properly straighten out GM without the support of the vast majority of TF members, and that support just isn't there. So the only option for those who don't belong to the :happy: :oh: crowd is just to walk away. Better to do that than to show your support by participating on a forum you despise. The alternative is to set up a 'general tennis' thread in the player forum of your fave where you'll be able to discuss tennis without fruitcakes trying to be 'funny' at your expense or at the expense of your fave.

I have often complained about them in the past, but all these verbose, pedantic posters who do nothing else but climb up to a pedestal and sanctimoniously complain about how much of a cesspool GM is are quickly becoming my favourite TF subculture.

Such lack of self-awareness - but no lack of self-esteem, evidently. Funnier in a (mostly unintentional) way than say the .gif posting cool kids.

Brena
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Perhaps I've become too corrupted, but when I hear posters complaining about other posters who hate on players/WTA/Universe/etc. it sounds to me like someone coming to a football game in their best clothes and expecting to sit in a comfy chair and get served tea and cookies. And then complaining about having to sit on old papers, people pushing them and stomping on their feet, yelling obscenities and the security frisking them. I mean, this is a sports forum, and it's only natural that there'll be (verbal) fights among fans and hating on players one doesn't like, as well as on their fans. :shrug: You shouldn't take it to heart, or if you find it upsetting or boring, you should just stay away from GM and post in players' forums. To each his own.

melodynelson
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I think Malva and Chrissie-fan have points, though. I haven't been here long, but a lot of the stuff I see people post in GM is really just not funny, and I have no faves or anyone I particularly "hate" (at least everyone I felt strongly for or against has retired) so I feel pretty objective. I enjoy the games and non-tennis more than GM, but primarily because the GM is a joke.

Said that, I've been to other message boards in the past, ones for music or other sports or even the MTF one, and this is probably the most civilized board I've ever been to with so many people on it. Personally I think it could be a lot worse.

Chrissie-fan
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Perhaps I've become too corrupted, but when I hear posters complaining about other posters who hate on players/WTA/Universe/etc. it sounds to me like someone coming to a football game in their best clothes and expecting to sit in a comfy chair and get served tea and cookies. And then complaining about having to sit on old papers, people pushing them and stomping on their feet, yelling obscenities and maybe even getting in fights with the security. I mean, this is a sports forum, and it's only natural that there'll be (verbal) fights among fans and hating on players one doesn't like, as well as on their fans. :shrug: You shouldn't take it to heart, or if you find it upsetting or boring, you should just stay away from GM and post in players' forums. To each his own.
I think that this is what I've just suggested though, didn't I? :)

Brena
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I think Malva and Chrissie-fan have points, though. I haven't been here long, but a lot of the stuff I see people post in GM is really just not funny, and I have no faves or anyone I particularly "hate" (at least everyone I felt strongly for or against has retired) so I feel pretty objective. I enjoy the games and non-tennis more than GM, but primarily because the GM is a joke.

Said that, I've been to other message boards in the past, ones for music or other sports or even the MTF one, and this is probably the most civilized board I've ever been to with so many people on it. Personally I think it could be a lot worse.

Good Lord! :scared:

I think that this is what I've just suggested though, didn't I? :)

Sure. What I meant to say is that it's the last resort. But if you, after the initial shock wears off, learn how not to take things in GM seriously and not have unrealistic expectations of other posters, you might enjoy posting there despite everything. Also, there's the ignore list for the posters who overdo it, and there you go.
EDIT: I've just realised that you've been on the forum much longer than I have, so I suppose you've already thought all these options through by now. :lol:

stromatolite
Apr 4th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I like the variety of posters on TF. It would be pretty boring if everyone was just really sweet and nice to everyone all the time, but the endless slagging off on a lot of threads is at least as boring, and a lot more unpleasant. As I see it, that's what Max is trying to get a grip on.

Polikarpov
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I never had any problem with the mods. But that's just probably due to the fact that I don't really post regularly, or isn't a member of these so-called cliques. But compared to when I first joined this site, I think the moderating team these days are more proactive and fair overall. As some of you have already pointed out, the bias of some mods toward certain fanbases were incredibly glaring back then. And if I remember correctly, there used to be a particular mod, who immediately edits/deletes any post that contains the slightest trace of criticism against Juicetine Henin.

I like the variety of posters on TF. It would be pretty boring if everyone was just really sweet and nice to everyone all the time, but the endless slagging off on a lot of threads is at least as boring, and a lot more unpleasant. As I see it, that's what Max is trying to get a grip on.

There used to be a time when GM -- in spite of all its toxicity -- was an entertaining and absorbing place to lurk in.(At least for me.) There were loads of bat-shit insane, and hilarious character posters. And the resident trolls were actually interesting.

GM today can still be fun at times, but yeah, wars between Azarenka and Radwanka fans aren't particularly exciting. I guess the quality of GM is directly proportional to the quality of SEWTA.:lol:

Cajka
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:04 PM

The result threads are the perfect example. The fanbase of the player who won will post at least 1000 annoying gifs in the beginning. Then the fanbase of the player who lost starts ranting. It all ends with personal insults and the thread will get locked. Recently, I saw people arguing even about their academic degrees or something like that. I understand that the forum would be boring without some drama, but when the drama becomes a boring mess, I remove it from subscriptions.

Cajka
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
GM today can still be fun at times, but yeah, wars between Azarenka and Radwanka fans aren't particularly exciting. I guess the quality of GM is directly proportional to the quality of SEWTA.:lol:

Exactly. The fights of fanbases look exactly like the tennis we watch. Endless rallies that must end with an unforced error. Speed up the courts, mods. :oh:

stromatolite
Apr 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Exactly. The fights of fanbases look exactly like the tennis we watch. Endless rallies that must end with an unforced error. Speed up the courts, mods. :oh:

:lol:

Irute
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I think miffedmax does excellent job as a mod and skillfully strides fine line between being funny and meaningful poster and mod duties.

GM was a problem for a long time. My husband quit participating here couple of years ago due to abuse going on. I may be a bit more forgiving, but still stayed away for couple of days after Aga lost to Vika. I wanted to make sure I will not respond to abusive posts. I believe GM would benefit from following clear code of conduct. Which doesn't have to allow only "middle of the road" opinions. In fact it should encourage opinionated posters especially if they have substance behind them regardless how "out there" they are. Abuse towards any person, however, should not be tolerated.

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I partly agree with the thread title :sad:
I appreciate all the work but I can't believe Max changed posts with Bitchmayer to Witchmayer :help:
Its not like she doesn't act like a bitch when she is not winning :rolleyes:
I know it's a small thing but still...

A poster like Apoleb probably got a permaban for saying Crapova and other names :facepalm:
This seems like the only place now to complain about the mods/admins in public as if the people who run the place are dictators.
I feel like they want to turn it into a regular (boring) forum with some unnecessary rules.
There will be not TWAT in 2013 :p

Just Do It
Jul 18th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I appreciate all the work but I can't believe Max changed posts with Bitchmayer to Witchmayer :help:

A poster like Apoleb probably got a permaban for saying Crapova and other names :facepalm:
This seems like the only place now to complain about the mods/admins in public as if the people who run the place are dictators.
I feel like they want to turn it into a regular (boring) forum with some unnecessary rules.

http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=48785&dateline=2012

LauraRobsonRules
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM
You know what I noticed? Laura is very round-shouldered. I'm for ever shouting at her to stand up straight. That's why so I'm afraid for her, not literally biting my nails afraid, but worried, alot. Just look at what happened to Safina, she couldn't stand up straight neither. There she was, always sloucing around, head down.....looking at her feet. That's why her return percentage on first serve was so low. I just hope that it's just a awkward teenager phase she's going thru.

Laura, if you happen to be reading any of this, 'I Believe In You'

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/image.php?u=48785&dateline=2012

This is exactly what some posters are complaining about :o
You can't even ask why a poster is banned.

Corswandt
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
You can't even ask why a poster is banned.

TF policy.

MTF on the other hand has always been fully transparent w/r/t bannings.

Jane Lane
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM

Apoleb asked for a permaban, :lol:

danieln1
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Kind of agree here, when we´re joing a battle between fanbase next thing you know, the thread is closed.... where is the fun then?

So many closed threads during his run :(

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM

If it wasn't for the collaboration between offended fanboys and mods :rolleyes:

Corswandt
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM

She did.

But this is also true.

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM

That's NOT why he was banned, I can tell you that much.

Also, generally speaking, we disapprove of calling players and posters bitches as in some cultures it is extremely sexist. After some debate, we decided to let the use of gifs go because they were already out there--note this is NOT permission to start making and spamming GM with new "Bye Bitch" gifs. The existing gifs are "grandfathered" because they were in use before a large number of posters complained about the excessive use of the word "bitch" on this forum.

An entire thread complaining about me, and you bastards still won't vote for me in TWAT. :rolleyes:

Wannabeknowitall
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Also, generally speaking, we disapprove of calling players and posters bitches as in some cultures it is extremely sexist. After some debate, we decided to let the use of gifs go because they were already out there--note this is NOT permission to start making and spamming GM with new "Bye Bitch" gifs. The existing gifs are "grandfathered" because they were in use before a large number of posters complained about the excessive use of the word "bitch" on this forum.

An entire thread complaining about me, and you bastards still won't vote for me in TWAT. :rolleyes:

I always thought about it like this myself. It takes a bitch to know a bitch. People tell me at work that I am always a bitch or I act like one. :tape:

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:34 PM

It's sad to see one of the best users leave suddenly like that without knowing what happend.

As for GM ( you :p ), thank god about the gifs but I don't find the sexism problem to be a good reason for banning the word and many people use it to both males and females :shrug:
What about Crapova for example? is it allowed?

A mod winning TWAT means ending the contest forever :lol:

ViennaCalling
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM

Max is cooler than you, without any doubt. And he seems to be much moderate than you as well.

Now I am awaiting my ban :p

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM
We're not totally humorless. We can usually tell when people are using "bitches" as a joking way to refer to friends and when it's an insult.

We will usually edit names like "Crapova" and "Bitchmayer" if they are reported. We will not (rumors to the contrary) infract or suspend you for using those names unless they are part of a pattern of more unacceptable behavior, e.g. you go into the Siberian Siren thread to pick fights and troll by calling her Crapova there, and are repeatedly warned not to do that, and continue to anyway.

Given that there are about a million other ways to insult Martha, we would prefer that you use one of those.

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:02 PM
We're not totally humorless. We can usually tell when people are using "bitches" as a joking way to refer to friends and when it's an insult.

We will usually edit names like "Crapova" and "Bitchmayer" if they are reported. We will not (rumors to the contrary) infract or suspend you for using those names unless they are part of a pattern of more unacceptable behavior, e.g. you go into the Siberian Siren thread to pick fights and troll by calling her Crapova there, and are repeatedly warned not to do that, and continue to anyway.

Given that there are about a million other ways to insult Martha, we would prefer that you use one of those.

Funny how I'm asking about Maria when I rarely talk about her :lol:
I guess you should put a new set of rules for GM to clear some things but try not be so cruel :oh:

Ryan
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Max is cooler than you, without any doubt. And he seems to be much moderate than you as well.

Now I am awaiting my ban :p

Max is definitely cooler, I agree with you. :rocker: Thankfully I don't care about anyone on this board, so my feelings aren't hurt. ;)

~{X}~
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Why are there rules in the first place. The forum should be free reign and let it all be chaos. :hearts: :lol:

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Why are there rules in the first place. The forum should be free reign and let it all be chaos. :hearts: :lol:

I know :lol: but impossible :sad:

Charlatan
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM

Yada yada yada

MaBaker
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:44 PM
It's ridiculous that mods don't tell reasons for someone's permanent ban. Wayn77 got banned years ago and we still don't know why... he was probably one of the nicest posters here and bunch of other people who regularly insult players are still on TF. And some people should not be mods even on their own forum with one user, let alone TF.

Bring Wayn back and I will bring you.................... Lena's bangs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw).

M.S.F
Jul 18th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Yada yada yada

Do you have a problem b.... oh wait :oh:

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM
It's ridiculous that mods don't tell reasons for someone's permanent ban. Wayn77 got banned years ago and we still don't know why... he was probably one of the nicest posters here and bunch of other people who regularly insult players are still on TF. And some people should not be mods even on their own forum with one user, let alone TF.

Bring Wayn back and I will bring you.................... Lena's bangs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3VsesSBsw).

It's beyond my puny powers. :sobbing:

Corswandt
Jul 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Wayn77 got banned years ago and we still don't know why...

That remains TF's greatest unsolved mystery.

ViennaCalling
Jul 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Max is definitely cooler, I agree with you. :rocker: Thankfully I don't care about anyone on this board, so my feelings aren't hurt. ;)

Are there people who care about anyone on this board? :lol:

SloKid
Jul 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Used to be?

Sammo
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
miffedmax used to be fun ...

But then he took an arrow to the knee.

Just Do It
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I think this will be one of those eternal threads that gets bumped whenever Miffedmax does something unpopular unless it gets closed

delicatecutter
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Are there people who care about anyone on this board? :lol:

Yessir!

Meelis
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Wayn77 got banned years ago

Another one who decided to leave the forum himself and asked to be banned.

Kon.
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM
It's ridiculous that mods don't tell reasons for someone's permanent ban.
This. And not only permabans.
It doesn't make sense why it should be kept a secret.
Plus, giving a reason for the ban will make some people stop complaining and accusing mods of being biased sometimes.
A thread updated by the mods to keep track of these things would be very useful with so many people getting banned and unbanned every week. :shrug:

Wert.
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Max is doing fine.

But I liked him better as a regular member :shrug:

RenaSlam.
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Miffedmax does a fine job as both a mod and a regular.

delicatecutter
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM

King Meelis and his amaze knowledge! :bowdown:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Miffedmax does a fine job as both a mod and a regular stalker who should be in prison.

corrected :scared:

Ryan
Jul 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Plus, giving a reason for the ban will make some people stop complaining and accusing mods of being biased sometimes.
A thread updated by the mods to keep track of these things would be very useful with so many people getting banned and unbanned every week. :shrug:

Lolz, you're not serious. If we had a thread with official reasons, people would just bitch about them. They would try to say we're not applying the rules fairly, complain when they thought we were "favouring" someone or a specific fan base, and blah blah blah. It would be awful.

No one here has any right to know why someone was suspended or banned, and it would cause more trouble to start explaining everything than its worth. :shrug:

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM
corrected :scared:

:kiss:

I love that we have such a complex relationship.

mykarma
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Really? To me, it was very different. It was much better than the inanity of one thread for everything. Tome GM sees more petty nonsense than it ever did. Sure there were little arguments, etc but nothing over-the-top that I saw.
Which is why we never understood why he had to close the political forum.

Nicolás89
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I can't at people asking to be permabanned, really? :spit:

Oh & I've noticed that mods have this condescending trait that really shows in their posting, maybe is it one of the job's requirements? or power makes you this way?

Halepsova
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Wait for this thread to be closed. :oh:

Smitten
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
He's just another annoying Azarenka stan now. Sad.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
:kiss:

I love that we have such a complex relationship.

very complex

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2blCgt7RQ2GSnPMIFOYFfygtVT3BPT JK7iJZyZA4_YJOgjpytE1Z3fDajGA

Smitten
Jul 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM
KATIE

dead @ ATRL moderators being discussed

JN
Jul 18th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Exactly! The level of discord hasn't changed one bit. :shrug:

Charlatan
Jul 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM

:sobbing:

miffedmax
Jul 18th, 2012, 11:27 PM

who can't even get beyond Rnd 2 of TWAT despite being a mod, an Vikastan, and spamming your lives with Lena's bangs and Dance Moms.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

^
Me.

ampers&
Jul 19th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Miffedmax then:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/916/ripmax.jpg

Miffedmax now:

http://i.imgur.com/e3vvG.jpg

miffedmax
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:13 AM
It's only funny because it's true.

$uricate
Jul 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
With great power comes great responsibility.

Deal with it.

Also, Max is just the same :shrug:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 19th, 2012, 10:48 AM
The reason why someone is banned on most internet forums is something only the banned person is supposed to know. It rarely is the descision of just one mod. Mods on big forums like this one usually have a sub-forum that's not visible to regular members where they discuss amongst themselves the goings on at the forum, who the troublemakers are and what (if anything) should be done about them. They rarely explain their discisions to the membership though because it's likely to lead to long "I don't agree with this" discussions because "X, Y or Z is much worse" and it would lead to accusations of them favoring one fanbase over the other. Whether there is any truth in all that is from their perspective irrelevant. The priority for them is to not make their job even more difficult than it already is.

Sammo
Jul 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
It's only funny because it's true.

You mean you wear skirt and heels? :unsure:

*JR*
Jul 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM

If by "he" you mean Max, he by definition didn't, as it was a Subforum of NT (where he's not a Mod to begin with, let alone that Admins make such decisions). That meanie Dr. Kart was the executioner. :awww: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=450919

FWIW (having been away for just 3 days) it was somewhat of a "cold slap in the face" when I got back, 2C (for example) JN and plantman still looking to "outslime" each other re. the other side's Presidential candidate, not present affirmative arguments for their own flawed nominees. :shrug:

miffedmax
Jul 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
You mean you wear skirt and heels? :unsure:

I lost a bet with Butterfrena.

Like I said, it's a complex relationship.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I lost a bet with Butterfrena.

Like I said, it's a complex relationship.

:lick:

Pops Maellard
Jul 19th, 2012, 02:29 PM
His post-slam threads are awesome :bowdown:.

MaBaker
Jul 19th, 2012, 04:37 PM
That doesn't make sense. He would never leave without saying goodbye to us or to his Jecalina.
Mods on big forums like this one usually have a sub-forum that's not visible to regular members where they discuss amongst themselves the goings on at the forum,
I hope they will discuss banning Pocahontas gifs. The most overused crap on this forum.

Wigglytuff
Jul 20th, 2012, 06:02 AM
i dont think i ever saw miffedmax as "fun", but more fun than he is now, thats true, but because of this new enforcement by these no good mods :( :p and admins this place is a lot less fun.

what happened to all topics about are you top or a bottom? did you get laid last night? and so on?

Ryan
Jul 22nd, 2012, 01:31 PM
i dont think i ever saw miffedmax as "fun", but more fun than he is now, thats true, but because of this new enforcement by these no good mods :( :p and admins this place is a lot less fun.

what happened to all topics about are you top or a bottom? did you get laid last night? and so on?

Pretty sure those are still floating around; at least, I never closed them. :shrug:

Wigglytuff
Jul 22nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Pretty sure those are still floating around; at least, I never closed them. :shrug:

Can I start one? Your favorite breast size?

miffedmax
Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Somewhat ironic this comes up in a thread about a hardcore leg man.

harloo
Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
Back in the day miffedmax would create more threads dedicated to Lena's Bangs. Now that he's become a hotshot moderator their is less time for Max to analyze the state of Lena's blond tresses.:(

Now you see miffedmax using his moderating powers for the good of GM. Closing multiple threads, weeding out trolls, and using his administrative powers for the good of tennisforum.com has become his trademark.

I kind of miss fun Max but I understand people change when they are given power. Nobody in tennisforum history has stanned for Lena like Max. Oh well, I'll just have to do a search and remember the good times.:lol:

miffedmax
Jul 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
In my defence, she did retire.

I stan for Vika, but it can never be the same.

Super Dave
Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
Can I start one? Your favorite breast size?

C cup

debby
Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
In my defence, she did retire.

I stan for Vika, but it can never be the same.

I totally feel you.

I miss my trolling days when Justine was still active :crying2:

Samuel Stosur
Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM
I totally feel you.

I miss my trolling days when Justine was still active :crying2:

She still is, I think....

One time when when Sammy Jane was playing at Rowland's Garage, went went for a stroll in Champ de Mars. We was hugging and pulling each others hairs (non-pubic) when this little flat-chested lady approach me and ask 'Aimeriez-vous un remorqueur sur le gars vieux!?'...I said, no thanks I stop smoking three years now...and she took off across the green. I know I wasn't wearing my contacts but it look and sound just like her for sure, allez!!

debby
Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
She still is, I think....

One time when when Sammy Jane was playing at Rowland's Garage, went went for a stroll in Champ de Mars. We was hugging and pulling each others hairs (non-pubic) when this little flat-chested lady approach me and ask 'Aimeriez-vous un remorqueur sur le gars vieux!?'...I said, no thanks I stop smoking three years now...and she took off across the green. I know I wasn't wearing my contacts but it look and sound just like her for sure, allez!!

DEAD :hysteric:

How could you tell her no :eek:

hablo
Jul 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
There used to be a time when GM -- in spite of all its toxicity -- was an entertaining and absorbing place to lurk in.(At least for me.) There were loads of bat-shit insane, and hilarious character posters. And the resident trolls were actually interesting.

There is truth to this.

I swear I asked for one a while back because I was addicted to this board and it was refused. :o:lol::speakles:

StoneRose
Jul 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Still think Max's posts are fun to read. And... some threads are just in desperate need of closing, someone has to do it.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Back in the day miffedmax would create more threads dedicated to Lena's Bangs. Now that he's become a hotshot moderator their is less time for Max to analyze the state of Lena's blond tresses.:(

Now you see miffedmax using his moderating powers for the good of GM. Closing multiple threads, weeding out trolls, and using his administrative powers for the good of tennisforum.com has become his trademark.

I kind of miss fun Max but I understand people change when they are given power. Nobody in tennisforum history has stanned for Lena like Max. Oh well, I'll just have to do a search and remember the good times.:lol:

that's cause we're all smarter than he is :oh:

*JR*
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe all the posts in his Chat Thread about that Trash TV called Dance Moms has messed with Max's head. :help:

miffedmax
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
that's cause we're all smarter than he is :oh:

You know you're growing out your bangs just for me.

Super Dave
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Surely you jest :shrug:

fun

   [fuhn]
noun 1. something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.

2. enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.

Related Words for fun: amusing (http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/fun#visualthesaurus), amusive (http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/fun#visualthesaurus), diverting (http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/fun#visualthesaurus), merriment (http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/fun#visualthesaurus), playfulness (http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/fun#visualthesaurus), miffedmax