PDA

View Full Version : Lesbians in todays game?

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
So we had Navratilova and Mauresmo "coming out". Both are retired players for quite some years now, especially Martina :lol: Are there lesbians in tennis today that have said that they are lesbians?
I'm just curious about that :lol: A lot of players told me that Srebotnik and Oprandi are...
I just wanna know :lol:

Landon92
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Stosur.

fmate26
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
hercog and daniilidou

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
hercog and daniilidou

Would it be extremly rude of me to say "They look like..." :oh:

Morrissey
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
The WTA has a history of lesbianism which is interesting because on the ATP Tour the only out homosexual was almost 100 years ago the American gay champion Bill Tilden. Tilden was a huge star in the 1920s and 1930s he was a seven time US OPEN champion and the first American to ever win Wimbledon.

On the WTA by contrast the lesbians are easy to point out. Mary Carillo the American tennis commentator is gay yes she was married to a man and had two kids but that lady is a lesbian. She's so butch.

A lot of the lesbians play doubles with their doubles partners. The WTA is basically a big lesbian parade.
Now some of the lesbians such as Lisa Raymond, Renee Stubbs, Gigi Fernandez, Amelie, Martina, Billie Jean King are out of the closet. Samantha Stosur is a lesbian but she's hiding in the closet along with some other top players.

Here are my list of WTA lesbian players

Eleni Danillidou

Virgina Wade
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Gigi Fernandez
Conchita Martinez
Gabriela Sabatini
Samantha Stosur
Mary Carillo
Nicole Pratt
Lisa Raymond
Renee Stubbs
Cara Black
Amelie Mauresmo
Billie Jean King
Martina Navratilova
Maria Bueno
Darlene Hard

lefty24
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Would it be extremly rude of me to say "They look like..." :oh:

:confused: they look nothing alike

Mike_T
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Dinara :ignore:

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Isn't Kuznetsova gay? What about Akgul Amanmuradova? I have had the feeling that the WTA has worked really hard to "feminize" the sport for marketing purposes. There is a touch of homophobia in their approach to their marketing. The ATP is really ridiculously behind the times. We gay guys are just being too wussy IMO when it comes to being openly gay. It sure would be a great thing for younger gay guys to have a good role model.

Mixal
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
You have a huge topic in Non-Tennis so please stick to that.

laurie
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I've been on this forum since 2006 and every six months or so this topic gets rehashed, again...

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM
:confused: they look nothing alike

Really? :lol: http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Bank+of+the+West+Classic+Day+1+TFV3_-EEp8jl.jpg

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
You have a huge topic in Non-Tennis so please stick to that.

I've been on this forum since 2006 and every six months or so this topic gets rehashed, again...

Didn't know, sorry ;)

Just Do It
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Sharapova? :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Isn't Kuznetsova gay? What about Akgul Amanmuradova? I have had the feeling that the WTA has worked really hard to "feminize" the sport for marketing purposes. There is a touch of homophobia in their approach to their marketing. The ATP is really ridiculously behind the times. We gay guys are just being too wussy IMO when it comes to being openly gay. It sure would be a great thing for younger gay guys to have a good role model.

I remember Gasquet was "attacked" for being gay, but he isn't. I really can't think of any player that might be :lol:

Mike_T
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Sharapova? :oh:

She plays both sides of the net, so not 100% Lesbian.

miffedmax
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Yes. This is a non-tennis topic.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=185364

Generally, if you have genuine, confirmed information about a player's private life is newsworthy to the tennis community at large (engagements, weddings, coming out, introduction of a significant other) then feel free to post it in GM.

If you want to idly speculate, please do so in their forum or the relevant non-tennis thread.

We prefer to keep the rumors to a minimum.