PDA

View Full Version : "Because Dreams Matter" - New SEWTA campaign

Gilas.
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:56 PM
iHdjkxWLagM

in partnership with Oriflame, I think :p

I think they'll release more videos of more players.

I'm glad Aga didn't try to become a professional singer :)

Karolina:

OqVf04BmeMY

Vichka:

umjSkIZD728

Party Girl Pomenika:

Vk98hoRKNm0

Babyfat:

F5Pq1tsUCyU

Inger67
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Not a fan of that at all, I loved the strong is beautiful campaign :sobbing:

Super Dave
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
:yawn:

Kworb
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Aga :hearts:

But her name pronunciation :eek: "Aggish Radwanska"?!

Patrick345
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Oriflame is a cometics brand. So these are nothing more than glorified cosmetic commercials. Thatīs why the clown make-up jumps into your face and the background is a sterile white. Thatīs not a campaign to promote tennis or actually introduce the players to a wider audience. Thatīs probably also the reason why players like Stosur look like Indians on a warpath in their post-Slam photoshoots. :rolleyes:

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Oriflame is a cometics brand. So these are nothing more than glorified cosmetic commercials. Thatīs why the clown make-up jumps into your face and the background is a sterile white. Thatīs not a campaign to promote tennis or actually introduce the players to a wider audience. Thatīs probably also the reason why players like Stosur look like Indians on a warpath in their post-Slam photoshoots. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

jimbo mack
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
It sounds more appropriate for an introduction to a Disney show..

on the other hand the logo fits in nicely with the impending Olympics..there are many players who dream to get that gold medal..and it matters ;-)

Gilas.
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Aga looks beautiful here so Oriflame should be happy ;) but her story is kinda :yawn:

They need to interview players with juicy stories like Grandmarenka, immigrant Pova, tennis court/pool Ana or Aravane playing in winter with only their van lights on :sad: and how they overcame these to achieve their dreams while wearing smoky eye shadows.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
And most of the players will have to keep on dreaming :lol:

Super Dave
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Aga looks beautiful here so Oriflame should be happy ;) but her story is kinda :yawn:

They need to interview players with juicy stories like Grandmarenka, immigrant Pova, tennis court/pool Ana or Aravane playing in winter with only their van lights on :sad: and how they overcame these to achieve their dreams while wearing smoky eye shadows.

:lol:

"I grew up playing tennis using a fly swatter and a dead rat. Our net was an overturned car."

tennisfan5
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
ygOdjbQhrsc&feature=relmfu

pov
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Oriflame is a cometics brand. So these are nothing more than glorified cosmetic commercials.
:yeah: IMO it's sad. But many posters here will like it.

shoparound
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM

I was wondering that too! anyone confirm?

aselto
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:35 PM
No, she said Agnieszka. Gotta say I watched the Polish version of that video and she often mumbles barely intelligible stuff, so no wonder you can't distinguish the syllables.

SHILIN-GOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM
boring :yawn:

sammy01
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
:yeah: IMO it's sad. But many posters here will like it.

well this one doesn't. her caked in make up with the camera zooming in on it and her basically saying what every tennis player 'dreams' of is :rolleyes:

The Dawntreader
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:06 PM
'Because Money Matters, and we don't care who we promote to get it'.

JRena
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:19 PM
They need to be more creative, I get they're trying to promote the idea of people achieving their dreams and such but I don't see how they're going to build off this idea visually.

edificio
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Nowhere in the ad do they use "SEWTA."

Anyway, this campaign is boring. They need some new ideas. The Strong is Beautiful campaign definitely didn't need to end, just expanded into more than the visual realm.

More like Agishka. With the "ka" said so fast you barely notice.

I wonder why she doesn't correct the broadcasters when they call her Aggy. Probably would last as long as SAF-ina did.

Irute
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Nowhere in the ad do they use "SEWTA."

Anyway, this campaign is boring. They need some new ideas. The Strong is Beautiful campaign definitely didn't need to end, just expanded into more than the visual realm.

I wonder why she doesn't correct the broadcasters when they call her Aggy. Probably would last as long as SAF-ina did.

It is pronounced Agņeshka

Don't really like the campaign

aselto
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM

Again, she said Agnieszka.
She doesn't correct them because she doesn't care. "Aga" is an abbreviation of Agnieszka, the only one commonly used in Poland, but many first names have more abbreviations and Aggie could also work. In general it is not polite to address a stranger or a public person using the abbreviation, but I think she understand foreigners have difficulties pronouncing her name.

Wiggly
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
The WTA has so many stories/personalities to work with and fails time after time.

The ATP's Uncovered thing is much, much better than anything the Tour has ever produced.
It would be nice to get to know new players instead of these very short Barbie videos.

They need to hire someone who will fix their website and will know how to use a Youtube account to help the Tour's growth.

The's Strong is Beautiful's TV ad is quite pretty but it doesn't one second of real tennis.

Sammo
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Yes, 'dreams'

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfpkcnNb6F1qbjav8o1_500.gif

Pops Maellard
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Sounds like she says from about :17, "My dream was to win a grand slam, to be a pusher and to play on the high level" :sobbing:.

Pops Maellard
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:11 PM
well this one doesn't. her caked in make up with the camera zooming in on it and her basically saying what every tennis player 'dreams' of is :rolleyes:
ITA, make-up job is terrible.

edificio
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Again, she said Agnieszka.
She doesn't correct them because she doesn't care. "Aga" is an abbreviation of Agnieszka, the only one commonly used in Poland, but many first names have more abbreviations and Aggie could also work. In general it is not polite to address a stranger or a public person using the abbreviation, but I think she understand foreigners have difficulties pronouncing her name.

It is pronounced Agņeshka

Don't really like the campaign

I know what she said. I'm just saying what it sounded like (to me) on the video. She pronounced it very quickly.

Anyway, I already know how her name is pronounced, but if you were not a Polish speaker and you only saw this video you would hear her name differently.

Gilas.
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:51 AM
OqVf04BmeMY

New video :cheer:
Caro is very loveable and sincere in this interview.
She's planning to play 8-10 more years! :eek: do it girl and win the slams as you dreamt of :bounce:

Pops Maellard
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Her gamestyle won't allow her to play for 8-10 more years :lol:. In my humble opinion.

MercuriePL
Apr 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
The sad thing about Caroline is that she will dream forever about Grand Slam and never get it:P
Her pushing is stronger than Agnieszka's but much less inteligent :P
So dream Caro dream:P

LoLex
Apr 14th, 2012, 09:09 AM
The sad thing about Caroline is that she will dream forever about Grand Slam and never get it:P
Her pushing is stronger than Agnieszka's but much less inteligent :P
So dream Caro dream:P

Well, she was already closer than Radwanska several times.

RenaPova
Apr 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds like she says from about :17, "My dream was to win a grand slam, to be a pusher and to play on the high level" :sobbing:.

I heard the bit about the pusher as well, what did she actually say?

stromatolite
Apr 14th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Nice idea, and potentially a big improvement over strong is beautiful, which was all form and no substance. But I think they need to tweak it quite a bit to make it a more interesting and especially more motivational than this. You really don't want someone whose biggest milestone so far is winning junior Wimbledon to talk about all the sacrifices she had to make as a child. Leave that to the multiple slam winners, and splice in shots of them holding up their big trophies, so kids associate the sacrifice with big rewards.

Gilas.
Nov 4th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Off-season bump :wavey: Added links for Vika, Nastya and Domi.

Have to say I loved Nastya's, so honest :awww: And Domi wanting be an actress :spit: