PDA

View Full Version : What if Radwanska gets to #1 without ever making a Slam SF in her career?

Kworb
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
How amazing would that be! :eek: It could easily happen if Azarenka has a bad clay season and Radwanska doesn't flop on clay like she usually does. It could happen even before the French Open. :eek: :worship:

Domo19
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
It would be great :D

C. Drone
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:32 AM
this deserves the standard meme.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975

Sombrerero loco
lol this is not gonna happen

hkyen
xp

Halepsova
Radwanska has the worse clay court game than Azarenka. If Vika flops, so does Aga. :lol:

Andy.
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
this deserves the standard meme.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/126/314/3cd8a33a.png?1306264975
:lol: Well said.

StoneRose
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
If she keeps playing like this she will make SF pretty soon so this thread is kind of a non starter. Vika/Maria/Aga dominate the tour right now.

oh yeah i guess
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Amazing? That would be hilariously awful. Thankfully there's not really much of a danger of this actually happening. Thankfully.

Just Do It
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
TF would go wild and then crash :)

Caipirinha Guy
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Agnieszka is playing all clay premiers before RG so she wants this number one desperately. :oh:

Her schedule is Charleston, Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, Brussels and French Open.

matthias
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:27 PM
WTA will always find a new way to reach a new low
but i guess a #1 without a GrandSlam SF is not possible
maybe it is possible theoretic, but it will not happen

Miracle Worker
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
She plays Brussels too? :spit:

That is just... :o

vozas
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Agnieszka is playing all clay premiers before RG so she wants this number one desperately. :oh:

:facepalm::facepalm: What a vulture, she really is 2012's Wozniacki.

She'll be burned out by the time she gets to Paris.

John.
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM

:weirdo: That's just crazy

mindiab
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
How amazing would that be! :eek: It could easily happen if Azarenka has a bad clay season and Radwanska doesn't flop on clay like she usually does. It could happen even before the French Open. :eek: :worship:

she still has a long way to go for it...........but if it happens,shame on wta

mindiab
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:37 PM
then why to blame caro....she atleast made one final n couple of semis.

Cinek
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Go Aga :cheer:

oh yeah i guess
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Is that all you ever post? Out of curiousity.

Cinek
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Is that all you ever post? Out of curiousity.

No. Also:
- come on
- dawaj
- good luck
- GL

;)

nevetssllim
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM

Eurosport will be happy.

Mynarco
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM

:tape:

Are Aga and Caro not BFF anymore?

Irute
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Since when Aga is playing Brussels?
Weird thread, what it is supposed to do? Create more offensive comments against Aga for something that did not and will not happen?

Utterchaos
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Fluffdwanska isn't getting to #1 whether she reaches slam SF or not

Cajka
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:32 PM

She really won't even try to make a good result on RG. :help: Very disappointing. Didn't she learn anything from her bff?! After an awful schedule in the first part of the season last year, Caro was completely useless for the rest of the year. Aga... :o:smash:

Yoncé
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:36 PM
If it happened it would be the final nail in the WTA coffin

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
She really won't even try to make a good result on RG. :help: Very disappointing. Didn't she learn anything from her bff?! After an awful schedule in the first part of the season last year, Caro was completely useless for the rest of the year. Aga... :o:smash:
I think in Caro's case it was more of a case of external pressure of press and fans demanding to change her game and win a slam and other players figuring out how to play against her. Aga has less obvious flaws and can't be outplayed as easily as Wozniacki and is more mature as a player, so she won't fold under pressure.

Though, at this rate burnout is imminent. :scared:

MS17
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
she WILL NOT :angel: !

kiriosh.
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Without SF Slam? Please, no.

LCS
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:46 PM

At least we know she won't be winning the French Open with that calendar. :lol:

Cajka
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I think in Caro's case it was more of a case of external pressure of press and fans demanding to change her game and win a slam and other players figuring out how to play against her. Aga has less obvious flaws and can't be outplayed as easily as Wozniacki and is more mature as a player, so she won't fold under pressure.

Though, at this rate burnout is imminent. :scared:

Of course. But that awful schedule didn't help neither. I hope that Aga knows what she's doing. She's had a big success on Premier events in the last few months, it's time to step up on the biggest stage. Don't forget that they play Olympics this year too.

Raiden
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
A-Rad reaching world №1 ranking would be so priceless that I actually want it to happen.

Go for it Agatha! :cheer:

marineblue
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
:facepalm::facepalm: What a vulture, she really is 2012's Wozniacki.

She'll be burned out by the time she gets to Paris.

Well, to get to no.1 it takes a lot of work:rolleyes:. But I doubt her chances because Victoria has raked too many points.

bandabou
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
that would be amazing..but it's almost impossible.

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Of course. But that awful schedule didn't help neither. I hope that Aga knows what she's doing. She's had a big success on Premier events in the last few months, it's time to step up on the biggest stage. Don't forget that they play Olympics this year too.
Well, Miami could be a nice start if she wins it tomorrow.

One thing, Radwanska's tennis seems a lot less taxing than Wozniacki's in that Radwanska routinely wins early rounds with scorelines like 62 61 (and than tanks against Azarenka in no time as well:angel:) rather than relying on outgrinding her opponents.

Mightymirza
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:56 PM
:lol: Its not gonna happen!

markedman
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Just out of a matter of interest, does Aga have any big points to defend over the clay season? If she went out early in these tournaments last year then just an extra round or two will see her progress up the rankings?

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Just out of a matter of interest, does Aga have any big points to defend over the clay season? If she went out early in these tournaments last year then just an extra round or two will see her progress up the rankings?
Stuttgart SF
Madrid R2
Rome R2
RG R4

Looking at those results like that (+ Eastbourne QF and Wimby R2) one might get an impression that the reason she had such a good second half of 2011 was because she'd barely played tennis before US Open series and everyone else was a dead horse.:lol:

markedman
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Stuttgart SF
Madrid R2
Rome R2
RG R4

Looking at those results like that (+ Eastbourne QF and Wimby R2) one might get an impression that the reason she had such a good second half of 2011 was because she'd barely played tennis before US Open series and everyone else was a dead horse.:lol:

Thanks! So, apart from Stuttgart SF she could make some big points, if she doesn't burn herself out in the meanwhile. I can see her getting to at least number 3. Then slump later in the year trying to defend her titles.

Temperenka
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I think it could happen. Vika said that she isn't planning on playing until Madrid. If she has a bad result there and/or Rome and Aga wins Charleston/Stuttgart and has a good result in Madrid, it will likely happen...

Adrian.
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM

she surely will skip Brussels if she makes the SF or better in one of the 4 other events :shrug::yawn:
No need of panic in here, she will win the FO and then become #1 :oh::hearts:

Miracle Worker
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:28 PM
she surely will skip Brussels if she makes the SF or better in one of the 4 other events :shrug::yawn:
No need of panic in here, she will win the FO and then become #1 :oh::hearts:

Marta will win RG sooner than Radwanska.

Kworb
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:29 PM
One scenario

Radwanska wins Miami
Radwanska wins one of Charleston/Brussels/Stuttgart (R1 losses other two, doesn't matter)
Radwanska reaches Rome F and Madrid F
Radwanska reaches RG QF

Radwanska = 8240

Azarenka doesn't make any Premier finals
Azarenka loses Madrid R3
Azarenka loses RG R4
Azarenka does not reach Rome SF

Azarenka = 8200

:bounce:

Adrian.
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Marta will win RG sooner than Radwanska.

:hysteric::sobbing:
you mean marta will win sooner Junior RG than Aga does win the real RG? :spit::hysteric::sobbing:

St.Sebastian
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
She plays Brussels too? :spit:

That is just... :o

There is a 2 week break between Charleston-Stuttgart-Madrid. Longer if she doesn't reach the final.

In Brussels she will have a R1 bye, probably 4 relatively easy matches for a title.
If I were here I would care more about the additional $100K in my pocket, than what TF members think ;)

If we count only points from after US-OPEN 2011, is Aga already no.1?

Miracle Worker
:hysteric::sobbing:
you mean marta will win sooner Junior RG than Aga does win the real RG? :spit::hysteric::sobbing:

:p No, real Marta Domachowska will win real RG sooner than Aga.

vozas
Stuttgart SF
Madrid R2
Rome R2
RG R4

She didn't really have that good a second half. Didn't she go out in the 2nd round at the USO? And she won San Diego or some other MM, that does not a good 2nd half make. She vultured the asian swing, tournaments no one gives a shit about but are incredibly inflated in terms of points, and her current ranking is largely due to winning those.

Kworb
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
There is a 2 week break between Charleston-Stuttgart-Madrid. Longer if she doesn't reach the final.

In Brussels she will have a R1 bye, probably 4 relatively easy matches for a title.
If I were here I would care more about the additional $100K in my pocket, than what TF members think ;)

If we count only points from after US-OPEN 2011, is Aga already no.1?

No, Vika is still over a 1000 points ahead. But she's handicapped by her zero pointers. And she also didn't have a great USO hardcourt season.

Irute
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM
She didn't really have that good a second half. Didn't she go out in the 2nd round at the USO? And she won San Diego or some other MM, that does not a good 2nd half make. She vultured the asian swing, tournaments no one gives a shit about but are incredibly inflated in terms of points, and her current ranking is largely due to winning those.

I don't think so; she is number 3 in the race obviously only from points in 2012 :shrug:

MB.
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
If she keeps playing like this she will make SF pretty soon so this thread is kind of a non starter. Vika/Maria/Aga dominate the tour right now.

This. And I'm very happy for Vika and Aga. No reason to be disappointed with Aga getting to #1, really, other than the GS lack, but I think she'll be a bigger factor and will pop up in a few SFs at least over the next couple years.

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I think it could happen. Vika said that she isn't planning on playing until Madrid. If she has a bad result there and/or Rome and Aga wins Charleston/Stuttgart and has a good result in Madrid, it will likely happen...

what Vika withdrew Stuttgart :confused:

olivero
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:45 PM
even though she will have an early exit in Madrid (as always) this schedule is insane:facepalm:

BlueTrees
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Aga will make a great number one :hearts: I'm getting so excited :)

JustPetko
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Database Error :rocker:

ptkten
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:00 PM
what Vika withdrew Stuttgart :confused:

In her post-match interview after her loss they asked her what tournament was next and she said "Madrid or something like that" so either she forgot about Stuttgart or she isn't playing until Madrid.

Break My Rapture
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM

That's disgusting. One vulture vanishes, and another one pops up to replace her.

AWAY with the Polish Pushers already.

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
:facepalm:

Vika, Martha , Petra pls win at least one tournament each in the clay season like last year. :D :cheer:

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Obvious troll thread is obvious. :rolleyes:

miffedmax
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM

No Copenhagen?

Poltroon. She's running scared from Larsson.

Domo19
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:29 PM
No Copenhagen?

LoL she play against Larson in Fed Cup this year and won 6/1 6/0 :P

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:49 PM
This. And I'm very happy for Vika and Aga. No reason to be disappointed with Aga getting to #1, really, other than the GS lack, but I think she'll be a bigger factor and will pop up in a few SFs at least over the next couple years.

Exactly. When posters talk about Radwanska as a player who has never reached a Grand Slam semi they need to remember this....

Between 2008 and the summer of 2011 Radwanska was a player who was consistently ranked between 8 and 15. Her normal place in the rankings was on the edge one way or the other of the top 10. Such players sometimes to get on a nice roll and reach a Grand Slam semi. It is unexpected but it does happen quite frequently. But even more often, such players do not reach Grand Slam semis. In Radwanska's case during those years ranked on the edges of the top 10, she did not reach a Grand Slam semi. She did make a handful of Grand Slam quarters but nothing more. This is in fact about what one would normally expect of a player of this ranking.

However, since dumping her father as her coach and bringing in outside assistance last summer Radwanska has very substantially improved as a player. This is reflected by her very improved ranking, her results against players who she used to lose to but now regularly beats, and her collection of titles won since then. Simply, she has gone from being a peripheral top ten player to being a top four player.

This is still a very recent transformation and hence she has yet to play more than one Grand Slam at this new level of ability. During the Australian Open she lost in the quarter finals to the eventual winner of the tournament in three sets. This player is now ranked number one and remains the only player to have defeated her this year.

If Radwanska continues to play at the level she has demonstrated over the last 6 to 9 months it is virtually unthinkable that she won't be playing in Grand Slam semifinals and even finals over the next two or three years. But the fact that she has not done so thus far is hardly surprising as prior to last summer she simply wasn't quite good enough.

miffedmax
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
LoL she play against Larson in Fed Cup this year and won 6/1 6/0 :P

Yes, and she knows Jo-La burns for revenge.:p

vozas
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM
In all seriousness, I do expect her to start reaching semis this year. But if these past months are indicative of how the rest of the season is gonna pan out (and I do believe they are), she'll inevitably bump into either Azarenka or Maria in the semis, where she will not advance further. Someone needs to take them out before.

Domo19
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Yes, and she knows Jo-La burns for revenge.:p

More predictible that Radwanska will win 6/0 6/0 this time :devil:

Sammo
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
It wouldn't be that bad... :)

http://recollectionbooks.com/bleed/images/BB/countdown.gif

Well yes

Mixal
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:08 PM
She better do it if she wants to become the Vulture Queen and thus confirm her place as the fan favourite, especially on TF.

misty1
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM
if radwanska ever got to number one period tennis would truly be dead

Israel
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
A world number 1 with a 3 slam finals - FINE, with one final - uh let it be. But not even a SF? That would be a disgrace for the tour.

sammy01
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:36 PM
i warned you all about this last year when she won beijing and tokyo. those 2 tournaments together offer 1,900 points, that is 100 points off winning a slam :help:

it was inevitable that with that boost her draws would get easier and she would go deeper in tournaments. she has taken the woz woz outlook on it though. instead of looking to beat those 3 or 4 players who will prevent her from winning big, she instead will just play week in week and and hope they don't show up or lose early.

wimbledon will be the when aga gets to number 1 with an average qtr final showing from aga, will be enough when the 3 players around her are W,RU and SF from last year.

zenko
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:52 PM
No Copenhagen?

Yeah. She likes running. Running on court. Lots of running. Actually she's a good runner.

LoLex
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM

So inspiring to read your posts.

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:16 PM
(...)
If Radwanska continues to play at the level she has demonstrated over the last 6 to 9 months it is virtually unthinkable that she won't be playing in Grand Slam semifinals and even finals over the next two or three years. But the fact that she has not done so thus far is hardly surprising as prior to last summer she simply wasn't quite good enough.

One has to wonder why people are stuck with thinking she would never get past GS QF. Before last October she had never won a T1 tournament, before this week she had never made to Miami SF and now she's in final etc.

The biggest obstacle is that 3 out of 4 grand slams have slow ass surfaces that are unfit to her game, but I'm sure she'll overcome that issue somehow.

Javi.
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:52 PM
For the record, Aga has much more game and talent than Caro.
So she would make a better number one, imo.
She is peaking now so you can expect she is getting GS's finals and SF soon.

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
For the record, Aga has much more game and talent than Caro.
So she would make a better number one, imo.
She is peaking now so you can expect she is getting GS's finals and SF soon.

:spit: :cuckoo:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Yes she will!!! During the WTA Charlestone she will simultaniosly play one 50k ITF in Europe and she will win both titles :woohoo:

Javi.
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
:spit: :cuckoo:

You can post as many smilies as you want, Aga has more tennis in her hands than Caro: she has better touch, volleys and dropshot and a more interesting game in general.

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I don't really get why people hate on her game. She came in last night and hit mid-court VOLLEYS, hit gorgeous drop shots, makes very few errors, nails shots near the line, generates and deal with pace pretty well, has a good slice (sometimes), try to place her serve well and returns well. She moves great. The only things she does not do is screech when hitting the ball like a banshee. She is not a ballbasher but her shots are pretty flat and they do go through the court pretty well. She has beaten a lot of GREAT PLAYERS. For that matter I think Sharapova is another player who is slowly expanding her repertoire and intelligence as a player. I am glad to see girls who are improving and adding to their game. I am so sick of all the negativity towards basically EVERY SINGLE PLAYER OUT THERE!

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
You can post as many smilies as you want, Aga has more tennis in her hands than Caro: she has better touch, volleys and dropshot and a more interesting game in general.

:crying2:

I think Caro and Aga are on the same level. :shrug:
And Caro has so far achieved 7288956839 times more than Aga, there has to be some reason for it. ;)

GSMPrzysiezny
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Since Radwanska made changes in her travelling team, in the slams she

* lost to an absolutely inspired Kerber, future SFist
* took a set from absolutely unplayable GOATzarenka in the QF of AO

The "new" Radwanska played just two slams only.

Her results in non-slam events improved dramatically. Looking at "old" Radwanska's pretty consistent slam results, a slam semi is an absolute minimum of what she should be able to achieve this year.

marineblue
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=liverpoolshivank;21193318]:crying2:

http://www2.fileplanet.com/images/220000/223979ss_sm2.jpg

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
:crying2:

And Caro has so far achieved 7288956839 times more than Aga, there has to be some reason for it. ;)

You should put Aga in your sig girl, cuz you talk about her sooo much.
:oh:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/scarletbloodpassion/awesome/obsessed.gif

Wiggly
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I don't hate her game.

She improved her game but not that much to move from being a punching bag to any decent player to potential #1.
You always get the feeling that any player in the zone will go Regina George on her. That's bad.

tennisforadults
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM

Amazing if you love Aga and hate tennis. :o

Clay Petra to the rescue!

MrJovani2293
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I would be fine with it if and only if she would make a SF in Paris

ce
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ahaahahahahahha, i would love that to happen, so everyone would trash her about being number 1 without slam semi, worst number one ever :drool:
Maybe she will retire after that, so thats a good thing :hearts:

Dear God :sobbing:

Morrissey
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:19 AM
I think this should be the next goal for Agnieszka she's got the game but she needs to continue to improve. She's five foot eight she's not tiny she needs to develop her serve and start to develop a weapon.

Aryman3
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Morrisey, are you serious? Do you really believe she has no weapon so far.
How could she beat Myskina, Dementieva, Sharapova or Hingis as tiny 16-18 years old girl without any "weapon"
You probably belong to the sect believing that tennis "weapons" means big biceps. Well, her weapon is brain. And it is well developed and cultivated

Shivank17
Mar 31st, 2012, 06:30 AM
You should put Aga in your sig girl, cuz you talk about her sooo much.
:oh:
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/scarletbloodpassion/awesome/obsessed.gif

Then you should put brainless in your signature , cause you display that quality too much. :shrug:

SwingVolley93
Mar 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM
Then you should put brainless in your signature , cause you display that quality too much. :shrug:

Oooh, good one!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/rhobh-adr-dontcurr.gif

Michael*
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:37 AM
^hurry up and get banned again so we don't have to witness you shitty little gifs that you brainlessly attach to every single post in a painfully desperate attempt to being funny

Brad[le]y.
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
1. It would be nearly impossible; I definitely think she will withdraw from at least one of them.

2. I don't want her do go any high in the ranks without improving her slam results.

3. Don't you think it's confusing that you have people who beat Kvitova and Azarenka in the same "saviours of the WTA" list? :unsure:

^hurry up and get banned again so we don't have to witness you shitty little gifs that you brainlessly attach to every single post in a painfully desperate attempt to being funny:hysteric:

Shivank17
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM
^hurry up and get banned again so we don't have to witness you shitty little gifs that you brainlessly attach to every single post in a painfully desperate attempt to being funny

:lol: :yeah:

améliemomo
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:15 AM
she's already n°4 today without a semi finale so why not? actual wta state is insane :o

St.Sebastian
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:01 AM
No, Vika is still over a 1000 points ahead. But she's handicapped by her zero pointers. And she also didn't have a great USO hardcourt season.

Taking into account results from 01.August 2011 till now, the points look as follows:

Vika - 6880
Aga - 5880

The difference could be only 230 points if Aga wins today and next week. This is definitely a possibility then that she will be no.1 this year.

Aryman3
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:10 PM
1/It's possible
2/The world will not collapse
3/Being among Top 4 will certainly make easier for her reaching of SF or even finals of GSlams repeatedly, so the eventual "scandal" wouldn't last long
Time to accept simple fact that she is one of the best among contemporary women tennis players

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Aga :worship:

Kworb
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:34 PM
One scenario

Radwanska wins Miami http://forum.wordreference.com/images/smilies/tick.GIF
Radwanska wins one of Charleston/Brussels/Stuttgart (R1 losses other two, doesn't matter)
Radwanska reaches Rome F and Madrid F
Radwanska reaches RG QF

Radwanska = 8240

Azarenka doesn't make any Premier finals
Azarenka loses Madrid R3
Azarenka loses RG R4
Azarenka does not reach Rome SF

Azarenka = 8200

:bounce:

:D