PDA

View Full Version : Was Marion's injury a ploy?

Marty-Dom
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:59 AM
That injury looked awfully inconsistent. Marion went from barely walking to chasing down balls and hitting winners left and right in matter of 20 minutes. When she lost a point, she would gimp for a while then play fine again.
I suspect she was trying to find a mental edge on A-Rad by taking her back to the Azarenka match where Victoria was limping and playing fine.

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:03 AM
That injury looked awfully inconsistent. Marion went from barely walking to chasing down balls and hitting winners left and right in matter of 20 minutes. When she lost a point, she would gimp for a while then play fine again.
I suspect she was trying to find a mental edge on A-Rad by taking her back to the Azarenka match where Victoria was limping and playing fine.

I think she just needed some time for the injury to loosen back up and for anti-inflammatory medications to start working.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Sometimes during a point and in the heat of the moment you "forget" that you are injured and push yourself to the limits. When your body cools down it hurts. I'm amazed why people here don't get this :shrug: and always calling players a liars. Have you ever played any sport while suffering from some kind of injurie? :scratch:

gc-spurs
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Its like when you roll your ankle, stutter around a bit walking it off, play on with a nice dose of adrenaline and endorphins.... but then later that night you have a kankle.

Brad[le]y.
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:10 AM
next thing you know, people will say Walter is the one who caused the power to go out :lol:

Marty-Dom
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:13 AM
next thing you know, people will say Walter is the one who caused the power to go out :lol:

You and your silly conspiracy theories.

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/sheep-dog-trials-im-telling-you-the-man-and-the-do1.jpg

colt13
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:50 PM

Not even close. Actually, I thought Marion was going to hurt herself stretching for the overhead she couldnt get to early in the match. Then Marion pulled up after a really long point at 2-3 I think. Give credit to Radwandska, it was one of those points where she got the extra ball back and made Marion run. The inconsistency is that she couldnt push off, so she looked worse on her serve, and much better on return, which is how she got 3 breaks after the first trainer visit.

SymphonyX
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Radwandska must've baked a REALLY, REALLY, R E A L L Y delicious and luscious cake to coerce Bartoli to not only clobber A. Rad's bitchmaster to oblivion, but also to have her fake an injury during their match. It must've been a sweet deal for Marion.

jimbo mack
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Marion is very injury prone so I doubt this was a ploy

But more importantly she is completing matches..years ago if she could got the slightest injury she would retire during a match (but miraculously be back on court by the following Monday in the next tournament). Her and Azarenka both had awful records for retiring during matches but both seem to cleaning up their act now. Before them it was Henrieta Nagyova :help:

timafi
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:24 PM
when isn't she "injured".She reminds of Nadal

matty
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Its like when you roll your ankle, stutter around a bit walking it off, play on with a nice dose of adrenaline and endorphins.... but then later that night you have a kankle.

:lol: a kankle.

GSMPrzysiezny
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Radwanska hugged her at the end ----> injury legit
cold handshake from Radwanska ----> injury fake

:shrug:

flareon
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Radwanska hugged her at the end ----> injury legit
cold handshake from Radwanska ----> injury fake

:shrug:

This.
Haters gunna hate...

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Neither Azarenka nor Bartoli were faking anything.

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Bartoli was not faking. She was also not going to win even if fully fit. Aga has too much game for Bartoli at this time.

aguy9797
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
do not think it was a ploy

regardless, I still can't understand Marion's rational for keeping on playing if she was in pain. She looked half dead.

Did Marion hope she is going to win a three setter? That would be a miracle.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM
do not think it was a ploy

regardless, I still can't understand Marion's rational for keeping on playing if she was in pain. She looked half dead.

Did Marion hope she is going to win a three setter? That would be a miracle.

Hope dies last ;)

pov
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Yes. Of course. No WTA player is ever really injured in a match. They all cheat, they all suck, they're all ugly, arrogant bitches that aren't as up on the right way to dress, behave act and play as many TF posters. All of them!. Except for your faves(s).

faboozadoo15
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM
It was big match, and she wanted to give it her all. She was probably slightly compromised, and of course the pain is worse after you miss a shot than when you fight to end a long rally with a winner. It's adrenaline. We aren't robots.