PDA

View Full Version : Miami SF: A. Radwanska def. Bartoli 6-4, 6-2

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Match was suspended for quite some while at 6-4 4-2 'cause there was a power outage...

Well...that's it. One wonder match Marion :lol:

saul1333
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:24 AM
final

http://i41.tinypic.com/p11rn.jpg

JN
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Great fight, Marion!

Good win, Aga!

Charlatan
bartoli :hug: she was clearly hampered with something tonight
congrats aga...a final ;)

Lulu.
Aga. :D
Marion. :hug:

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Marion fought hard. Aga played at near 100%. She was so tough and so skillful at breaking down Marion's game.

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:28 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/sxyzah.jpg

aguy9797
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Marion wasn't able to hold serve even once

Aga's serve was not much better

I am really glad this match is over.

-NAJ-
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:29 AM
I read that Marion fart during a match OMG

????!!!

Goget
5th Slam final :bdaycake:

treufreund
Marion wasn't able to hold serve even once

Aga's serve was not much better

I am really glad this match is over.

Aga could have served a bit better for sure... but a big part of this is the high-quality returning by both ladies.

edificio
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Will anyone be able to upload any of this match? I didn't get to see it.

moby
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM
2 hours for a straight set win with lopsided scoreline against pigeon. Local.

LoLex
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Learn bitches, that is how you make Miami final. You beat Keys, Soler Espinosa, Muguruza Blanco, old and tired Venus who plays her first tournament after months of break and injured Bartoli. Congratulations, Radwanska.

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:33 AM
wait, I though it was suspended???

Slutiana
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Queen Vulture. :bigclap: Played an exhausted and then an injured opponent back-to-back to reach the final. Only she.

I think Bartoli's injury had a lot to do with Radwanska though, who made her run so much with the usual cat and mouse play. It was actually nice to see Radwanska use some of her variety for once, rather than the shameless pushing we have come to expect from her over the last 7 months.

danieln1
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:34 AM
High quality match

JUst play well in the final Aga

JamieMU30
Bartoli....wtf? This girl beat Vika? She won 29% first serves and 25% second serves....I dont think I have seen worse stats in ages....Very surprised Cake made it this far playing shit tennis like this....These percentages are abysmal at best....Get a brain, Bartoli....No Top 10 player should be getting these kind of stats against a player like Aga....No wonder Bartoli is Aga's bitch....Looks like Vika was right; Bartoli played outta her mind in the last round....Work on your game Cake, these stats are laughable

ptkten
This was actually a fun match for me despite the injury. Radwanska can be so much fun to watch if she's playing well.

Congrats and good luck in the final!

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Learn bitches, that is how you make Miami final. You beat Keys, Soler Espinosa, Muguruza Blanco, old and tired Venus who plays her first tournament after months of break and injured Bartoli. Congratulations, Radwanska.

And yet many girls would still find a way to mess that. Aga won all of her sets with 6-4 or better. She handed out several breadsticks along the way. Anyways you're being a hater. Seems you are bitter that Aga is having such a tremendous last 6 months.

dsanders06
Ugh, Radwanska making the final of such a big tournament feels even worse than I thought.

:tape:

Simugna Help
Queen Vulture. :bigclap: Played an exhausted and then an injured opponent back-to-back to reach the final. Only she.
Nope, Empress Vulture is meeting her in the final.:bounce:

Slutiana
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:36 AM
2 hours for a straight set win with lopsided scoreline against pigeon. Local.
Well, it was two hours long because of the blackout. But I can't argue with the rest of this.

Brad[le]y.
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Aga :hearts:

Marion :awww: nice hug at the net

just stop :facepalm:

mariusz_pol
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:38 AM

Have you got any problem with it? Maybe Radwanska should loose to Muguruza because you don't like her? It's not her fault that Kanepi, Pennetta, Zvonareva, Kvitova, Ivanovic and Azarenka lost their matches before...:tape:

Slutiana
Martha's route to the semis was certainly pathetic, but she earnt her place in the final with some of her best tennis on a hardcourt since 08. But you tried.

treufreund
Bartoli....wtf? This girl beat Vika? She won 29% first serves and 25% second serves....I dont think I have seen worse stats in ages....Very surprised Cake made it this far playing shit tennis like this....These percentages are abysmal at best....Get a brain, Bartoli....No Top 10 player should be getting these kind of stats against a player like Aga....No wonder Bartoli is Aga's bitch....Looks like Vika was right; Bartoli played outta her mind in the last round....Work on your game Cake, these stats are laughable

Vika's ball does not penetrate well against Bartoli. Her ball sits up and stays quite central. Aga has never lost to Bartoli because she keeps the vast majority of shots very low and well placed and moves Bartoli WAY BETTER than Vika does. Also Aga throws in the slices, lobs, volleys and drop shots very well. Vika can barely execute this type of game plan. Vika is a better player than Aga mind you, BUT her game is actually not as much of a nightmare for Bartoli as is Radwanska's. Tennis is often about match-ups and Aga is a nightmare matchup for Bartoli.

LenaDMania0003
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Aga was broken her service games 6 times :help:
Marion couldn't hold any service game :help::help:
Power outage :help::help::help:

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:39 AM

Marion :awww: nice hug at the net

just stop :facepalm:

It was great to see the hug between Marion and Aga. :hearts:

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Martha's route to the semis was certainly pathetic, but she earnt her place in the final with some of her best tennis on a hardcourt since 08. But you tried.
And Radwanska didn't earn her place in the final? It's not like she had bigger troubles with any of her opponents and fluked her way into the final.

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Btw, let's not pretend that Aga is a pusher. She hit 22 winners to Bartoli's 20 winners and yet still hit 15 fewer errors. Pushers don't achieve those numbers.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:41 AM
15 breaks of serve :lol:

Charlatan
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:41 AM

#DRAGGED :worship:

binky-GOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Btw, let's not pretend that Aga is a pusher. She hit 22 winners to Bartoli's 20 winners and yet still hit 15 fewer errors. Pushers don't achieve those numbers.

Who's pretending?

If you actually watch the match, Bartoli was being aggressive and all Pushwanska was doing is get everything back into the middle of the court.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Oh wait, wait, 15 breaks in a 18 games match!??!!? :haha: :haha: :haha: This has to be the new low :tape:

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:45 AM
And Radwanska didn't earn her place in the final? It's not like she had bigger troubles with any of her opponents and fluked her way into the final.

So what was that BS about you not trolling? :lol:

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Who's pretending?

If you actually watch the match, Bartoli was being aggressive and all Pushwanska was doing is get everything back into the middle of the court.

It's smart to hit hard up the middle until you get an opening. Bartoli was doing the same quite a bit... trying to change the direction of a ball that is hit hard, deep and flat up the middle is a Li Na type of play... She hit 41 errors. Anyways, pushers just float the ball back. Aga was COUNTERPUNCHING until she repositioned Marion and then hit a clean winner or forced her into an error. you might want to understand the difference between pushing and counterpunching. Pushing is smart at times though. I have seen Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and even Yanina Wickmayer use a fair amount of pushing in this tournament. It's just part of the strategy of the game. Wozniacki does it about 80% of the time which is way too much IMO.

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:47 AM
So what was that BS about you not trolling? :lol:

And show me where I'm trolling:rolleyes:

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:47 AM
And show me where I'm trolling:rolleyes:

EMPRESS VULTURE?

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:50 AM
EMPRESS VULTURE?

I was responding to a Sharapova stan trolling in Radwanska-Bartoli results thread.

Now please read my posts in Sharapova-Wozniacki thread and come back here.

darrinbaker00
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Who's pretending?

Since I clearly heard the chair umpire say "Game, set, match, Radwanska" after the last point, I can only assume that it worked. ;)

binky-GOAT
It's smart to hit hard up the middle until you get an opening. Bartoli was doing the same quite a bit... trying to change the direction of a ball that is hit hard, deep and flat up the middle is a Li Na type of play... She hit 41 errors. Anyways, pushers just float the ball back. Aga was COUNTERPUNCHING until she repositioned Marion and then hit a clean winner or forced her into an error. you might want to understand the difference between pushing and counterpunching. Pushing is smart at times though. I have seen Venus Williams, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and even Yanina Wickmayer use a fair amount of pushing in this tournament. It's just part of the strategy of the game. Wozniacki does it about 80% of the time which is way too much IMO.

Yeah I'm not saying pushing is a bad thing, if you do it right. I support Tomic ffs :lol:

But just accept that Aga is a pusher.

Charlatan
Now please read my posts in Sharapova-Wozniacki GM Live Scoring thread and come back here.

Fixed :hehehe:

Apoleb
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Dreadful for tennis. She will be slaughtered in the final.

Craig.
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:53 AM
I was responding to a Sharapova stan trolling in Radwanska-Bartoli results thread.

Now please read my posts in Sharapova-Wozniacki thread and come back here.

That crap about Wozniacki playing terribly and still making it close? :spit:

Apoleb
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:56 AM

Wozniacki can make anyone look good. People said the same thing when she was playing Lisicki and Cibulokova in Wimbledon last year, and of course it was nonsense.

Dan_Doe
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Aga hitting more winners than Marion :oh:
And so many breaks :o

bulava
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Vika's ball does not penetrate well against Bartoli. Her ball sits up and stays quite central. Aga has never lost to Bartoli because she keeps the vast majority of shots very low and well placed and moves Bartoli WAY BETTER than Vika does. Also Aga throws in the slices, lobs, volleys and drop shots very well. Vika can barely execute this type of game plan. Vika is a better player than Aga mind you, BUT her game is actually not as much of a nightmare for Bartoli as is Radwanska's. Tennis is often about match-ups and Aga is a nightmare matchup for Bartoli.
How do you explain these:

1) Djokovic losing to Isner at IW
2) Federer losing to Roddick, who in turn lost to quite badly (6-0 second set) to Monaco at Miami :confused:

It clearly proves that even great champions face bad times (form/injury etc) at any tournament (irrespective of H2H stats!), but doesn't mean Isner or Roddick or Bartoli are WAY BETTER than Djokovic or Federer or Azarenka! :)

The Kaz
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:49 AM
wait, I though it was suspended???

You're back :hysteric:

Belmont Lad
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Well done from Aga :yeah: The final is between two of my faves, so looking forward to a good match hopefully. :cheer:

Yoncé
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Ugh, Radwanska making the final of such a big tournament feels even worse than I thought.

:tape:

Dead at the quote in your sig :haha::lol::happy::spit:

jedw
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Didn't watch it, local time to start was 2am :rolleyes:

Don't understand Radwanskas dominance of Marion though.

Now she will loose to Pova in the final :yawn:

shoparound
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I read that Marion fart during a match OMG

????!!!

Did this really happen?? lol

Shooter
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Didn't watch it, local time to start was 2am
That's ridiculous. No match should start that late. In fact no match
should be allowed to start after 10 pm. That's very poor planning by the
people running the event. You can not expect quality tennis to be played
under those circumstances.

Brena
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:14 AM
NID, Marion. Rad is just unplayably unbeatable. :facepalm:

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:30 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_m0ow5zxe0x1r45n5so1_500.gif

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Well done Aga!

Marion:hug:

Landon92
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I think Radwanska should send flowers to 80% of TF because of Kanepi, Zvonareva, Pennetta, Kvitova and Ivanovic lost their matches and because of Venus was tired. I also feel sorry for you :hug:

Well done Aggie, more winners than Marion :kiss: Good luck against Maria, who "played some of her best tennis on hardcourt since 08" hitting less winners in QF match than Radwanska in one set in QF :oh:

Solid win, she has Marion in her pocket.

Feel sorry for Marion, great tournament for her :hug:

Miami final, third PM final :cheer:

Beny
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I really dont understand (considering their game styles) , how Radwanska can outwinner Bartoli. Bartoli smacks the ball all the time while balls from Radwanska´s racquet take like 5-7 seconds to get to the other side.. I guess it´s volleys, dropshots and return winners, because thats only how Radwanska hits winners.

And not suprising there were so many breaks, Bartoli and Radwanska are great returners

Utterchaos
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Horrendous match. Radwanska can't hold serve to save her life.

Johnbert
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:21 AM
15 breaks out of 18 games :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

http://whatsupusana.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/WTA_gradient.jpg

Londoner
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Marion always does this. Gets a big win then farts out the next big match. She should be able to beat Aga but stumbles at the hurdle.

Londoner
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Horrendous match. Radwanska can't hold serve to save her life.

Marion was obviously even worse!

markedman
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:33 AM

Go on then, if it's that straight forward, you go out onto to court and make the final. No? Thought not! PRAT!

Otlichno
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:36 AM
NID. :shrug:

Jim_Bard
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I got screwed by the time difference again - I could have sworn Eurosport said Friday at 12.30 for this match. Oh well. Here's to Krakówian glory in the final!

Juanes
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Aga :yeah:

sammy01
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Dreadful for tennis. She will be slaughtered in the final.

nah, sharapova has played her 1 good match this week against caro. aga will throw maria off with her junk and maria will look her usual A game not working so i'll just accept a beatdown in a final

spiritedenergy
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:14 AM
amazin win aga! she is becoming my 2nd favorite

John.
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Congrats to Aga. What a great few months she's been having. GL in the final.

Marion :hug:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
NID
she owns bartoli and did it once again to 7-0
now take the final please :drool:

Mightymirza
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Lets win this one Isia.. :yeah:

Beat
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:33 AM

and your point is ...?? that she should have lost to any of these players? or what?

flareon
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:33 AM
:facepalm: at aga winning and :facepalm: at bartoli not backing up her defeat of azarenka.

Apoleb
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM
nah, sharapova has played her 1 good match this week against caro. aga will throw maria off with her junk and maria will look her usual A game not working so i'll just accept a beatdown in a final

She will kill her on the return and she has been serving decently enough to avoid rallying. I don't mind the ensuing Crapova hype until she meets Azarenka again or a ball striker in form (who else than KvittyGOAT?).

ce
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM
the end is near.

AliceMariaRenka
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Marion always does this. Gets a big win then farts out the next big match. She should be able to beat Aga but stumbles at the hurdle.

I said as much in the poll thread! Marion is extremely entertaining and can be great, but she always falls after playing a big match.

fouc
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Mess of a match. I can't really watch those theaters of suffering on court, really, why do they go on playing injured is beyond me, my stomach aches when I have to watch it. Even worse, ppl seem to enjoy it, well, RTV era.

Except the serve, Rad played a very controlled match, on her own terms, even though the opponent was obviously more powerful. Unless Agatha is having a serious slump, Bartoli will never beat her, she is just unable to hit through her, and super-prone to all the cat and mouse games.
I'm smiling at Agatha's attempts of aggressiveness on important points, usually ended with a small UE. She's not gonna master that, but good to know she has something more in her trunk and is willing to use it occasionally. Finally - she proved all those saying she's not a variety player anymore wrong.

The endless cross-court BH rallies though :o

SoBizarre
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM
So many sincere congratulations to Aga, so many words of support for Marion. There is nothing I could add.

Always a pleasure, reading your nice posts. You are truly a fine addition to this forum.

NeKo
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Well, according to her die hard fans, she is the new Martina Hingis :lol::lol:

flareon
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Apparently bartoli injured her left thigh.

FORZA SARITA
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Apparently bartoli injured her left thigh.

every week she has something :lol:

Emina.
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:19 AM

This.

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
How do you explain these:

1) Djokovic losing to Isner at IW
2) Federer losing to Roddick, who in turn lost to quite badly (6-0 second set) to Monaco at Miami :confused:

It clearly proves that even great champions face bad times (form/injury etc) at any tournament (irrespective of H2H stats!), but doesn't mean Isner or Roddick or Bartoli are WAY BETTER than Djokovic or Federer or Azarenka! :)

That's a complete and utter nonsequitur. I was explaining in fact quite the opposite to what you are implying. I wasn't talking about who is better but rather about matchups.

JoPova
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
How did this match last almost 2 hours and the score is 64 62?!

Adrian.
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM
15 breaks out of 18 games :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

http://whatsupusana.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/WTA_gradient.jpg

why do you even watch it then? :o

treufreund
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I really dont understand (considering their game styles) , how Radwanska can outwinner Bartoli. Bartoli smacks the ball all the time while balls from Radwanska´s racquet take like 5-7 seconds to get to the other side.. I guess it´s volleys, dropshots and return winners, because thats only how Radwanska hits winners.

And not suprising there were so many breaks, Bartoli and Radwanska are great returners

Actually Aga returned Marion's pace very well and returned it with good pace and depth. Marion is two-handed on both sides and is limited in her reach. Aga can generate better angles or go down the line or just outmaneuver her and then hit the winner. The key is that Aga knows how to do this. You may not watched the match though? You would see that Aga doesn't give Marion many chances to hit winner without taking a very large risk. The rallies were very good from both ladies. It was a much higher quality match that Sharapova vs Li or Wozniacki vs Serena.

flareon
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
every week she has something :lol:

True I am just watching it now she seems really injured not sure why she carried on really.

Simugna Help
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Power outage, Marion's medical timeout, the first game was 10 minutes long. It added up. :shrug:

Adrian.
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:33 AM
The crowd :facepalm: booing because Aga played drop-shots :facepalm::o

Only in the USA :o

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Win it all now! :rocker2:

Marionne :hug: :awww: :sobbing:

Cinek
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Good luck in final vs. your the biggest friend Maria :oh:

Singleniacki
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Sigh.
Just another big match Marion becomes injured in. Girl you didnt even play THAT much this week. She needs to a long break or something, maybe play less.

Irute
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Well done Aga :yeah:, very proud of you!

GoofyDuck
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Watching the replay of the match now, Aga played brilliantly. :yeah: Definitely seeing some Beijing form!!!

one game she won to love hitting 4 winner! :eek:

She and Marion really looked like twins, same hair and dress :lol:

Something I also noticed for months no, Aga has this tic with touching her lower back after pretty much every point.

flareon
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Lovely exchange at the net between the two players.

gumoll
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:27 PM
1h45min - 8min (Bartoli's medical time-out) - 20 min (power outage)

not the best match from Aga but a win is a win, some really nice points :yeah:

Marion :hug:

nice hug at the net :awww:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Aga :cheer:

aguy9797
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Marion’s game must be the least efficient game among the top players.

She wastes too much energy in every single rally, then is completely exhausted and prone to make silly mistakes losing all the advantage she fought so hard for.

I really admire Marion because it seems like she is truly giving everything she got when she is on court. I just wish she finally get in shape (she seemed to be on the right path last season, now the baby fat is back):rolleyes:

Aga :wavey:

I think she was half asleep last night. It seems she did not bring her normal focus to this match :confused:

Aga either forgot to have her triple espresso before the match or thought that playing Marion is going to be...... a piece of Cake :bdaycake:

Aga, you better bring your A serve game to the final, otherwise that Old Yeller is going to smash you with her rocket. :)

Stonerpova
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
11 service breaks in 18 games. Bartoli didn't hold serve once :facepalm:

Super Dave
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:48 PM
http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Funny%20Animated%20Emoticons/danger%20driving.gif

:[

Go.
Maria.

tennisfan5
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Bartoli seems to be good for one big match/big win in a tournament, then implodes/is exhausted the next match. She didn't serve nearly as well as she did against azarenka, and pulled back on her shots a lot more.

Interestingly, this kind of reminds me of the Seles-Hingis matchup.

longtin23
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Well done Aga

Roookie
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Congrats Aga :cheer:

pav
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Aga usually gets thank you and hearts, so Thank you ballkids and line buggers:hearts:

rucolo
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Aga into Miami final ! :bowdown:

Head To Head vs Bartoli now 7-0 :hearts: