PDA

View Full Version : Brazil confirms a new WTA event for 2013

Le Tenisse
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:44 AM
http://globoesporte.globo.com/tenis/noticia/2012/03/cbt-fecha-negocio-e-confirma-brasil-sediara-um-torneio-da-wta-em-2013.html

Barktra
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:50 AM
4Wh2b1eZFUM

Just wanted to post this :rolls:

Congrats should be fun.

Nicolás89
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:57 AM
From the little I could understand Brazil is taking the spot of Marbella.

donellcarey
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I think we've only got Internationals here in South America?

Le Tenisse
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:09 AM

Yes.

Broseghini
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:24 AM
I'm so happy :inlove:

Attemus
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Hopefully we can bring some good players...

Sammo
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:41 AM
So it's gonna be in clay...

antonella
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:44 AM

Get ready to roll out the welcome mat for Raluca Olaru.

danieln1
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:00 AM
In 2002 it was a tier II and it attracted Seles, Myskina, peak Dokic

Now it´s going to be a MM, hopefully it will be in Rio so I might attend it :yeah:

Srodgers
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Good news for South American tennis :cheer:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:06 AM
Vecino and Babos likes this :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM

Now it´s going to be a MM, hopefully it will be in Rio so I might attend it :yeah:

Didn't Seleš defeated Dokić one year in SF, then Myskina did the same in SF next year? Jelena was really peaking :lol:
Bahia hosted it I think :scratch:

Pvt. Kovalenko
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:15 AM

Good news!!

Well. to attract more attention, this tournament NEED to be held on Rio de Janeiro. Maybe it can attract some Top-30 players..

iGOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Well I'm glad for Brazil but I'll miss Marbella :bigcry:.

Dan_Doe
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:37 AM

This! :haha:

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:57 AM
is it going to be part of the South American tour w/ Bogota or is it going to be during Charleston :help:

Halepsova
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:14 AM
So we expect some girl ranked #180 to win WTA title again?

Tennis Observer
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:37 AM

No, the President of Barzil's Tennis Federation confirmed that IMX (will team up with IMG) bought Marbella's licence. Until July they will decide where to play and WTA will decide about the week (if they will play in Februar, it should be on Red Clay).

chingching
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think its great that theirs a new country and new tournament and I know there are people here who are very happy about this, but I cant believe they are putting a tournament in Brazil and there still arent ones in Prague or Rromania. This will attract another whorers field and Brazil hasnt hosted a major tournament in ages. But still congratulations to brazil, but I think the WTA needs to learn not to just go to places with big money (baku...WTF!!!!!!!)

jimbo mack
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hope this tournament sticks around for a long time - Bahia did not last long..neither did Sao Paulo before that

It it's on clay it would make sense to group it with Bogota and Acaplulco..although the WTA seem to make the most ridiculous decisions in regards to schedules these days so would not even be surprised to see it held a week before Wimbledon!

ivanban
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:54 AM
It's really weird that sucha large country doesn't have any female player in top200 and only 1 male player in top100 :help:

Kworb
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Hope they will give a wildcard to some promising South American players like Andrea Paredes.

Daniel
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Good news. :D

Adrian.
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Hope they will give a wildcard to some promising South American players like Andrea Paredes.

This :oh::haha:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:42 PM

Her name is NOT Vecino. In Spain you identify people mostly by father's surname and Lara's is ARRUABARRENA. Please people stop talking about Lino, Vives, Santonja and so on. It's DOMÍNGUEZ, LLAGOSTERA, PARRA...

You can call them by the two surnames if you prefer, but calling them by their mother's surname is definitely wrong.

:wavey:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Her name is NOT Vecino. In Spain you identify people mostly by father's surname and Lara's is ARRUABARRENA. Please people stop talking about Lino, Vives, Santonja and so on. It's DOMÍNGUEZ, LLAGOSTERA, PARRA...

You can call them by the two surnames if you prefer, but calling them by their mother's surname is definitely wrong.

:spit: you really think I can write Arruabarrena from the top of my mind? She will stay Vecino for me :lol:

Halepsova
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:07 PM

I don't think we posters remember those 2 Spanish last names correctly. You either let them call what they want or get over the stupid nickname of hers. :p

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:17 PM
A major country like Brazil should have a tournament. :cheer:

sammy01
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM
omg we have a new slam :worship:

Shivank17
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM

Plz the only 5th slam is Copenhagen. :rolleyes: :oh:

Milk_Shakespeare
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
It's really weird that sucha large country doesn't have any female player in top200 and only 1 male player in top100 :help:

It is not weird considering the fact football is like 99% of the sports here.:sad:

It is weird that we have a female tennis player that won 7 singles Slams (3 Wimby 4 USO) and made another 6 singles finals (All 4 Slams), and won another 13 Slam titles on doubles during the 50's and 60's, Maria Bueno.:eek:

Marcelo.
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM

Isn't Vecino a part of her name? :weirdo:
I don't know why is that such a big deal. Now we have to know all spanish players middle names so we can call them correctly :facepalm:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM

:lol:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
It is not weird considering the fact football is like 99% of the sports here.:sad:

It is weird that we have a female tennis player that won 7 singles Slams (3 Wimby 4 USO) and made another 6 singles finals (All 4 Slams), and won another 13 Slam titles on doubles during the 50's and 60's, Maria Bueno.:eek:

What about volleyball? :p
Never heard of that Bueno lady, but BUENO for you to have such a champion :D

bambino
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Brazil is in economic growth,so I would not be surprised if after a few years,will host a tournament of the premium category..http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ya6gLQxB1rqt6qgo1_500.gifjust like china

Milk_Shakespeare
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:46 PM
What about volleyball? :p
Never heard of that Bueno lady, but BUENO for you to have such a champion :D

Volleyball is big too. It accounts for like 0,3%. But just for the national team, the clubs are small.

A new sport goes big here everytime a player wins a gold medal at the olympics. That's why swimming is big again, but only for Cielo.

Bueno, Sharapova knows her! :lol:

AxK-Khrb3Co

*Jool*
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
welcome back, Brazil ! :yeah:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Volleyball is big too. It accounts for like 0,3%. But just for the national team, the clubs are small.

A new sport goes big here everytime a player wins a gold medal at the olympics. That's why swimming is big again, but only for Cielo.

Bueno, Sharapova knows her! :lol:

AxK-Khrb3Co

I know volleyball is big. You are Serbia's arch enemies :lol:

Anyway good for Brazil to have a WTA event. Who knows, maybe one day Belgrade will have one too :lol: (still waiting for aliens to come down to the earth and then we will have it :weirdo: )