PDA

View Full Version : Miami SF: [2] Maria Sharapova def. [4] Caroline Wozniacki 46 62 64

Pages : [1] 2

Miracle Worker
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Maria :yeah:

Maria led 4-1 in 1st set and then she lost 5 games in row :spit:

In 3rd set Maria led 5-2, she served for the match and still she lost 2 games in row.

Fighterpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
VERY exciting match! :banana: Huge fight from both :D Nervyyy!:lol:

Maria was off to a great start, 4-1 and had points for 5-1, but then it all went downhill in the last 5 games of the 1st set and she played abysmal :facepalm: Then, the 2nfd and 3rd set were so close, deuce in almost every game, but Maria was soooo good on important points! :cheer:

Woz actually played really well and congrats to her for an amaing week :hug:
Piotr was horrible though, coaching and cheating like there's no tomorrow :help: :o

Nice fight at the end! :eek:

Maria hit more than 50 winners :worship: :worship: :worship:

3rd final of the year, hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky! Also, her 4th final in Miami, she absolutely HAS to win this :o

Fighterpova
Omg draaaaaamaaaaa!!!

Adrian.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpep37gvFS1r02kr4o1_250.gif

Maria was leading 4-1* 40-30 in the first set and then imploded :hysteric::facepalm:
Then Maria led again *5-2 in the final set and failed to serve it out :o
But I have to give credit to Caro, who played her best tennis during the 2 games :p

Caro was pissed on MP :haha::haha:
Masha hit a 2nd serve on the line, which was called out, then overruled by Kadar, who was 100% right.
Caro couldn't challenge, and wanted Kadar to force Masha to challenge the call, although Kadar called in favor of Masha :spit::haha:
She didn't give the hand to Kadar after the match :facepalm:
Bitter loser :hah:

But otherwise, Wozniacki had noooooo clue how to play against Masha, even Piotr, who came 3 times on court, couldn't help her with his usal: "Step in court, move her around, do sth." :happy:
Masha played one of her best matches, if not the best this year :yeah::bowdown::hearts:

---

So much about GOATnacki and the "New Wozniacki" :oh::oh::oh:

Fighterpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry for making the thread early, I thought it was over, but Woz was bitching about the serve :tape:

Queenpova
Disgusting Pushniacki

Shivank17
Thank you Lord! :hysteric:

Should 've been something like 6-1 6-2. :sobbing:

RenaSlam.
Bitchniacki.

doomsday
COoooooooome ON

joão.
Yay! :cheer:

claypova
HELL FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSS congrats Masha :hearts:

TheDream
I'm eating crow, I was so impressed with Maria in this match. :eek:

GoofyDuck
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Maria didn't play good, but good enough to beat failniacki

Steven.
omg yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bye bye karolina the cockeroach.

should've been 6-1 6-2. oh well. yay!!

hablo
Wozniacki: the umpire was actually making good calls. Quit your whinning... :haha:

Anyhow, glad I got to see the final set!!!

Now go Bartoli! :devil:

poulao
Goooood match!

Congrats Maria ;)

Caro, you left it to late :hug:

NA-GOAT
Woz was cheated on MP and did not shake the umpire hand :oh:

RenaSlam.
50 winners, 46 UE.

Offense in tennis > defense.

Steven.
Terrible result for the game. Martha reaches another final playing like absolute shit. :tape:

you obviously missed the first 5 games when she was showing her peak form :hearts:

Fighterpova
5 threads :hysteric:

Novichok
WD Masha. :lol:

joão.
Terrible result for the game. Martha reaches another final playing like absolute shit. :tape:

:spit:

MarkNL
NO HANDSHAKE from Caro because of Kadar's overrule on Matchpoint :eek: (He was right though)

Marilyn Monheaux
BOOM!

The hotter blonde won. :oh:

Wiggly
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Wozniacki's love affair with the umpire ended today.

Huge credit to Nooni to have the guts to overrule a call a that point of the match.

John.
Thank fuck for that. Congrats Maria

"Sunshine" showing her true colours at the end. Don't let the door hit you on the way out :bigwave:

TheDream

I thought she played great.

Charlatan
MEH...should have been a lot easier like 6-1, 6-2...

Cakeisgood
Stop choking Maria :facepalm:

And LOL at Caro being a such biotch at the end trying to blame Nouni for the fact that she had no challenges left. LAME.

flareon
5 Threads :spit: should have been in two maria hit 50 winners well played the better player won, caro tried to be aggressive to fight back but maria found a way huge serve and volleyed the winner away, she deserved this and a really good celebration...

Patrick345
No handshake. Caro shows her ugly head again. Amazing that she is still consider a sunshine. She is clearly far from a saint on the court.

WTAtennisfan15
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM
50 winners, 46 ue's!!

espana
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lNCFlxn0hVM/T3S8tYjgdVI/AAAAAAAAAF8/Qn9BYu_HSZw/s1600/Wozniacki-Sharapova.jpg

Let.them.talk
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

I missed it! Just watched 1 game :')

Adrian.

Did you even see the match, you idiot? :spit::haha::facepalm:
it was one of her best matches this year, if not the best :bigwave:

Marionated
Such drama at the end with Kader :lol:

Sharapova really should have won in two. Played so well to go up 4-1 in the first set and then completely lost the plot.

Fantasy Hero
played well less than 50% of the match and still was close...this shows two things: how inconsistent she's become of a late and how bad Maria is playing despite going always late in the stages of every tournaments, congrats to her to take advantage of that anw.

Steff_forever
thrilling match

thx gurls !

miffedmax
A fan of both, but I have to admit I was for Her Royal Marthaship today.

Caro played a hella match though.

Coconut91
Thank goodness.

Now you have to win the whole thing, Maria. :D

Caro got mad. :lol: Priceless.

Geertvg
Ha. Good match. Totally annoyed by Carolina's totally stupid behaviour towards Kader Nouni at the end, but whatever. Good winner, good match, and no Caroline in the final. Pfew.

Excelscior
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Wow!

There were about 6 open thread titles of this match, with many of them having comments (but were all closed), but this one that had nothing, is now open with various comments. Lol.

Why has Caro been so grumpy/used gamesmanship at the end of matches/losses lately?

JN
Who was that horrible, horrible person arguing with the umpire? No class, I tell ya, no class at all!! :lol:

Great match, Popo! :yeah:

doomsday

:lol:

AnywhereButHome
http://gifsoup.com/view6/2306599/masha-sharapova-a.gif
Thanks god Maria didnt choke . Now win the final Masha!

Tenis Srbija
Shaza stroked numerous :drool: BHs CC. They were just amazing!

Wozniacki went back from 1-4 in the first to win it. Sharapova had great tactics in the 5-6 games, until she started UE-ing. She was mostly keeping Woz in the middle, didn't allow her to "work hers legs", but once daddy went down on the court he polish-talked some game into Woz :lol:

In the third Sharapova was serving for the match at 5-2, but then Woz had some amazing attacking shots to make it 5-4 :eek: Meh it didn't lasted longer 'cause it was a good match!

Kader's call on that second serve :worship:

Beside those five games in the first set I think Shaza played one of the best matches in 2012. :shrug:
Overall better display by Sharapova and deserved win! :yeah:

Roookie
Maria please win this tournament and get the number one ranking ASAP :cheer:

Break My Rapture
Quality win, even though the sloppyness is killing me. The letdown from 4-1 first set disgusted me to no end. This is wasting energy unnecessarily.

Wozniacki's true colors showing again. :lol:

FleetSeb

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Wait, hold on a minute I can't breathe.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just once more...

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

50 winns to 46 UEs. Barely any woman has had positive figures this week. Let alone in a big match, with high numbers.

Mixal
:smash: Don't you ever do that again, Maria. Oh well, at least you somehow won.

Kill the other vulture if it gets to final.

Stonerpova
50 winners :worship:
Should have been much easier, but Masha loves a scrap I guess. 5-0 record in 3-setters in 2012.
Fourth Miami final. Time to bring it home :rocker:

Simugna Help
Wozniacki played so badly and still dragged it into 3 sets.

Smart play overall from Sharapova, but she won't have it that easy in the final.

madmax
took about 1.5 hours too long...:facepalm:
Anyway, the useless pusher is out and now it's time to take dat title champ:cheer:

gc-spurs
Would've been a routine 2 setter if Maria wasn't PMSing in the first set after playing it perfectly tactically speaking.
You were wrong Caro, straight up.

~{X}~
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Caro played well, and was bossing Sharapova around in those 2 games to get to 5-4. :lol:

Oh well Caro, move on to the Clay... where all my other faves have departed to. Good luck in the coming months! :D

Laura_VeeFan
http://uploadir.com/u/us6be9

Yesss Maria!!!! Beat Marion/Vulture on Saturday :cheer::cheer:

I was dead at the end. Wozniacki is such a sore loser :lol:

Sasja
Maria :hearts:

TheDream
Pova served great today and that was the difference. I wasn't expecting that, so it was a welcomed surprise.

Blackowl_1
Hahaha Kader reaction was priceless..still a great match from Maria : 50 winners,and 46 errors..Caro had 15 winners and 27 errors :)

Tenis Srbija
Wow!

There were about 6 open thread titles of this match, with many of them having comments (but were all closed), but this one that had nothing, is now open with various comments. Lol.

Blu€
Shame Caro only showed up from 2-5 down in the third. She can play so much better when she wants. Sloppy play in the first 2 sets. Maria was extra motivated knowing Vika was out :lol:

Brena
:happy::happy: Oh how I love the way it ended! Woznaicki bitching about not being able to challenge a good call because she had used up all her challenges. :weirdo::happy:
Thank you, Maria. :kiss:

doomsday
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lNCFlxn0hVM/T3S8tYjgdVI/AAAAAAAAAF8/Qn9BYu_HSZw/s1600/Wozniacki-Sharapova.jpg

Where are the haters? :lol: I thought Maria was a pusher :lol: 50 winners against that ugly defensive player that's awesome. Keep it up Maria.:hearts:

Apoleb
Hats off to Crapova. Played the match with perfect tactics, rallied until she got the 90% sure coming forehand joke to pull off the trigger. Killed the point when she had the chance on the second serve and her own serve. She clearly did her homework unlike Fatrena. Served really well. Still, the single determinant factor in this match was Wozniacki's length on the forehand. Crapova couldn't do much when Wozniacki hit with good depth; she's just not a good enough ball striker. Wozniacki is becoming what we have all feared: a better pusher.

Peakniacki at 2-5 down. :eek: But of course it's nothing sustainable because her forehand was and will always remain a joke.

Hapsara
Bitter end from Pushniacki... No handshake !!

Lirips
Kinda awkward when woz tries to get hawkeye overruled

gorre
Kaman :lol: No handshake with Kader :eek: So pathetic...:rolleyes:

Markus
Finally Maria, thank you!

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Nouni is not Wozniacki's lover? Haha...

Bad match..I hope Aga will be play against Sharapova and she win! :D

masha122
mashaaaaaaaaaa well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what up with piotr yelling kaman caroline hahahahha

flareon
I think that is the best maria has played for a while she hit the ball very cleanly yeah she brain farted in the first but apart from that it was good play her forehand and backhand where huge, I really hope she wins because it could be a great time for maria and her fans, truely deserved like I said earlier and I am happy with this result she has saved the draw now please marion win it would be a good final.

Adrian.

Cheated? are you dumb or just blind? :confused:

Hapsara
Now take the title Masha !

Cosmic Voices
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM
masha :cheer: can't believe she was +4 w/ufe ratio
considering last years beatdown this revenge was sweet :inlove:

caro not shaking the umpire's hand :facepalm: good tournament for her all the same

Vincey!
Should have been MUCH easier!! Like seriously she could have won 6-1 6-2 lol but beside her let down, when she was on she was playing SO well, it was unbelievable! I'm happy that she's +4 even tho she hit 46UEs. she has 50 winners! That's great.

I think Caro played well specially on her service game when she was pressured, really buffed up her serves. That was easy to see that she was totally harmless when Sharapova was actually going for her shots and not missing. Caro had to make it a bit dramatic with her argument with the Umpire. YES it's understandable that she was upset by that overrule, but saying "How can you overrule a df call on mp when I have no challenge left?" Like seriously, the umpire is there to do his job, he saw the ball good he called it good, it's not his problem if you've wasted all your challenges before. Even more since he had the right call.

Really happy with this win for Sharapova, played great then less great BUT she was able to come back to her great form again when she needed to. Something that she was usually unable to do, once she was flat it was tough for her to get back to top form, specially against players like Wozniacki.

Vikapower
:happy: I don't care what happened in this match but Maria is in the F :sobbing:

Federapova and Uselesspova alternated so many damn freaking times the first set. :happy:

That pathetic pusher Wozniacki not shaking umpires hands when the call was right :lol: what a useless player, boring game with a mediocre personality, yuk. Go dry your tears of defeat. :kiss:

Rovi
Great game for Maria she was almost as good as her old self.very impressed indeed.Once again she is proving that she is the best player in the tour at right now.And now good luck to Bartolli against the crazy chick from Poland.

TheBoiledEgg
Should have been 2 sets Masha
Got the job done in end :kiss::cheer:

ClijstersGOAT
Why did Wozniacki not challenge that second serve? She didn't have any left or Nouni didn't allow a challenge?

doomsday
Wozniacki played so badly and still dragged it into 3 sets.

Smart play overall from Sharapova, but she won't have it that easy in the final.

Wozniacki was THE thoughest challenge for her, especially on HC go cry somewhere else instead of congratulating her cause we all know you don't mean it.

Trih
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K9NTu.png

Mary Cherry.
No database error? I am most disappointed.

Blackowl_1
The thing that bothered me the most,as may you guys who wathced also is that Caro started playin agressive when it only mattered :P Why she didn't play like that in whole match? She hit like 6-7 winners in 2 games?!

Maria rocks
Yes yes yes!!! Im sooooo happy for Maria. :D:D

Rovi
Why did Wozniacki not challenge that second serve? She didn't have any left or Nouni didn't allow a challenge?

She didnt have any challenges left!

Steff_forever
VERY exciting match! :banana: Huge fight from both :D Nervyyy!:lol:

Maria was off to a great start, 4-1 and had points for 5-1, but then it all went downhill in the last 5 games of the 1st set and she played abysmal :facepalm: Then, the 2nfd and 3rd set were so close, deuce in almost every game, but Maria was soooo good on important points! :cheer:

Woz actually played really well and congrats to her for an amaing week :hug:
Piotr was horrible though, coaching and cheating like there's no tomorrow :help: :o

Nice fight at the end! :eek:

Maria hit more than 50 winners :worship: :worship: :worship:

3rd final of the year, hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky! Also, her 4th final in Miami, she absolutely HAS to win this :o
thanks for this post from one of the few Masha-fans to be taken serious :bowdown:

beating Caro now is totally obnoxious now...

take the title here, Masha! and Caro at Charleston... ;)

dsanders06
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I am SO FUCKING SICK of this woman making finals with these cakewalk draws while such awful tennis :o She's just lucky Goatniacki stopped playing her GOATly tennis after the first set...I guess she must have felt sorry for Crapova because of how bad her career is these days so decided to gift her the match. Crapova just got lucky the wind kept blowing her shots into the court and that she didn't draw any of the 30 players in the draw who would've beaten her.

My track record for predictions this tournament may be spotty, but I'll tell you now, there's no way Crapova is winning the final, I 100% guarantee it. Radwanska already gave her a beatdown in the WTA Fan Favourite Poll, but that will look like child's play compared to what she's gonna do to her on Saturday.

Break My Rapture
This is seriously as good of a chance she'll ever get to reel in this title. Extremely favorable H2H vs both potential opponents in the final. Don't waste this opportunity, Maria.

18majors
Good win Maria.

moemoe

Oh SHUT UP! SHE PLAYED GREAT. yall are always saying lies. I thought was was gonna be playing bad cause yall said she was awful all tournament. I watch her for the first time and she is GREAT.

FROM NOW ON NOTHING U SAY IS VALID.

Mynarco
Are Kader and Wozniacki no longer BFFs? :lol:
Never seen Caro that furious :lol: but she was dead wrong
The ball was in and Kader, did a good job here

Big win for Martha. Especially how she imploded in the first set, then she came back to win in three.

Adrian.
No database error? I am most disappointed.

:lol::lol::lol:

jameshazza
How can you say Masha didn't play good? Over half her UE's came in the shitfest part of the first set. That 3rd set drama :hearts:

Easily one of the best matches yet this year.

17-1 in three setters since start of 2011 :yeah:

Vikapower

Stop acting like you saw the match :lol: Maria's craziness only lasted like for a set -- the last 2 sets were much much better. :lol:

50-46. :lol: A bad match.

espana

she had no challenges left, Nouni even reminded her earlier in that 3rd set, that she has no challenges

ClijstersGOAT
She didnt have any challenges left!

Ok, thanks. She's a stupid bitch then. :lol:

Emina.
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Kader is one of my favourites umpires...

that Woz :smash::weirdo:

Maria rocks

She didn't have any challenges left. That Nouni is an idiot mind always controversy when he is sat in the umpires chair.

Steven.
oh my god you guys I'm still so excited that we got a glimpse of peak sharapova for 5 fucking games!!!!!! I so forgive her for the choke :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Simugna Help
Federapova and Uselesspova alternated so many damn freaking times in this match :happy:
Please, there's no resemblance between Sharapova and Federer at any time whatsoever.

Mashabator
2008 esque maria showed up till 4-1 then the modern masha came back. So happy she hit +4 winners to errors.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34xrxnp.png

misty1
should have been straight sets, something along the lines of 6-2, 6-2 but got the job done in the end

Adrian.
I am SO FUCKING SICK of this woman making finals with these cakewalk draws while such awful tennis :o She's just lucky Goatniacki stopped playing her GOATly tennis after the first set...I guess she must have felt sorry for Crapova because of how bad her career is these days so decided to gift her the match. Crapova just got lucky the wind kept blowing her shots into the court and that she didn't draw any of the 30 players in the draw who would've beaten her.

My track record for predictions this tournament may be spotty, but I'll tell you now, there's no way Crapova is winning the final, I 100% guarantee it. Radwanska already gave her a beatdown in the WTA Fan Favourite Poll, but that will look like child's play compared to what she's gonna do to her on Saturday.

are you serious? :unsure:
if yes, please take your pills...:facepalm::bigwave:

goldenlox
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM
After watching Caroline beat Serena, only broken once. I was very disappointed in her level this match.
This looked like her loss to Ivanovic at IW, except Maria self destructed & gave Caro a set.
She's still not back in form and her serve is still a weakness that has to improve
And even thou I though she played awful, she still was close to 5-5 in set 3

Mustafina
Aside from the blip in the first set, Maria was so impressive. Some gutsy serving in the final game. :worship:

Woz, oh Woz. She was doing literally nothing until she was down 2-5 in the third where she went into ultra agressive mode. She is not going to improve if she has to call Piotr down even when she's winning.

Oh and nice girl Caro went out of the window at the end there, throwing a hissyfit at Nouni who was shockingly impartial. :lol:

Maria, win this shit now!

Johnbert
Easily one of the best matches yet this year.

if THIS was one of the best matches yet this year, it just says a lot about wta... :tape:

Trih

Yeah sure, and cows can fly. :rolls:

WowWow
Beautiful tennis from $harps if we forget the end of the 1st set.

:drool::drool::drool:

Rovi
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:59 PM

You are one of those sore losers who has no clue what tennis is about i guess.now go and cry somewhere else

NeKo
Pushniacki vs Bitchapova. Interesting match.

flareon

Go bitch somewhere else, maria had to play to win and she did its no cakewalk draw, otherwise you might say every draw is one, she had to beat Li a current grand slam champ and our ex world number 1 from this year, please go a bitch somewhere else trying to make maria win seems bad seriously get a freaking life and be happy we have a player hitting 50 winners 46 unforced errors its how the game should be played.

gulzhan
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:00 PM
This feels so GOOD! :cheer:

Steven.
After watching Caroline beat Serena, only broken once. I was very disappointed in her level this match.
This looked like her loss to Ivanovic at IW, except Maria self destructed & gave Caro a set.
She's still not back in form and her serve is still a weakness that has to improve

why aren;t you giving any credit to Maria? She was firing UNBELIEVABLE winners in the first set up till 4-1. It was not an Ana-esque loss. Maria was un-fucking-believable. That level would've floored anyone tbqh.

omgomgomgomgomg Maria i love you girl!!!!!!! yay!!!!!

ozza
When will Wozniacki and her team come out this delusion that she can win a major playing like this? You can't keep hoping everyone will miss for you. You need to have some sort of plan against an on-form opponent outside of hope they start missing. Sadly while her father runs the roost, I don't think she will ever get the kick she needs. She will always be hovering around quarters-semi's, picking up the crumbs at smaller events. But never winning the big one playing like this.

RenaSlam.
Pushniacki vs Bitchapova. Interesting match.

Bitchniacki, you mean.

faboozadoo15

50+ winners. Sit the fuck down.

gc-spurs
Fucking pusher with 50 winners
B2B finals!

madmax
Bitter williams fans showing their true colors....STAY MAD! arent your faves back in compton?

Laura_VeeFan
:rolls: @ people thinking dsanders post was serious

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:01 PM
dsanders is the biggest Pova stan here, he's obviously sarcastic.

doomsday
Go bitch somewhere else, maria had to play to win and she did its no cakewalk draw, otherwise you might say every draw is one, she had to beat Li a current grand slam champ and our ex world number 1 from this year, please go a bitch somewhere else trying to make maria win seems bad seriously get a freaking life and be happy we have a player hitting 50 winners 46 unforced errors its how the game should be played.

Geez, calm down he was kidding. :lol:

Steven.
so funny how only the Woztards and Mashahaters are saying Maria sucked this match. :wavey: She only sucked in patches but some of those winners :worship:

Maria rocks
oh my god you guys I'm still so excited that we got a glimpse of peak sharapova for 5 fucking games!!!!!! I so forgive her for the choke :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Apart from the end of the first set that was the best ive seen Maria play for a long time. Im sooo happy for her. Roll on Saturday and a fantastic oppurtunity for the first title of the season for Maria. :)

flareon
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Geez, calm down he was kidding. :lol:

I do not really care if its a joke or not really.

ExXotikal
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Maria played like a BAWSS BISH most of the match. Go girl.

Mashabator
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:03 PM
obvious dsanders is joking hhaahahahah 'she beat her in the fan favourite poll' :hysteric:

GrandMartha
Sharapova on losing the first set: "It was a tough match and I like to give the spectators a little bit of playing for their money so I felt like I had to stay out here for a little bit," Sharapova said.
Bravo Karolina :tennis:

John.

I can't believe people actually think this post is serious :happy:

WTAtennisfan15
yes dsanders was just joking! ;)

fifty-fifty

At least she can win when she plays at 20%!:devil:

n1_and_uh_noone
Amazing that so many of you who spend ages on GM are clueless about dsanders's little stunt. He is one of the biggest Sharapova fans here :happy:

Trih
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM

:rolls: @ people thinking dsanders post was serious

Sir, this is pure gold. You are a genius.

10\10 :bowdown:

jameshazza
I really can't believe that Caro played so well, and really stepped it up in that 3rd set, congrats. After clay season I think we'll see the end of this slump.

Anyways, a two and a half hour quality match was much better than what realistically should've been 6-1,6-2. And just what the WTA needs in a big semi.

doomsday
At least she can win when she plays at 20%!:devil:

Too good.:lol:

Dan_Doe
Take that, Sharapova haters :woohoo:
Masha can serve! :lol:

Maria Croft
Such an impressive, gutsy performance from Maria.

I can't believe she hit 50 winners to only 5 double faults :eek: :worship:

LoveMeansZero
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx65/jeansain/woz2.jpg

**mashafierce**
Ok all the haters can quit being ridiculous.Sharpy was astonishing!!!

n1ko0
yes masha! winning records against bartoli and rad-wankstain too so im very optimistic for a first title in miami!

BlueTrees
Masha :D :aparty:

hankqq
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
this is truly the year of the apocalypse

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
:lol: at people taking dsanders seriously.

Win the title, Maria, please.

Rovi
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Honestly,i havent seen Sharapova play as good as today.Great match and a great champion won it at the end.Now,for all the haters stop bitching about Sharapova and go learn a thing or two about tennis!MARIA SHARAPOVA THE GREATEST:)

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Ok all the haters can quit being ridiculous.Sharpy was astonishing!!!

Honestly,i havent seen Sharapova play as good as today.Great match and a great champion won it at the end.Now,for all the haters stop bitching about Sharapova and go learn a thing or two about tennis!MARIA SHARAPOVA THE GREATEST:)

QFT.

Mashy :worship:

:drool:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM

How unsportsmanlike and disgusting. May this follow her the rest of her career. Mark the date: March 29th, 2012 Miami SF losing to Maria Sharapova. :tape:

claypova
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:08 PM
or "suck it" :facepalm:
and it's funny enough that they are claiming Masha played the best match of the year and still was close to the same horrible Caro of the whole year :shrug: :lol:

the only person who was claiming that was Adrian :secret:

JamieOwen3
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:09 PM
And caroline did NOT play like crap OH PUHLEASE at that statement!!!

Patrick345
Apart from the end of the first set that was the best ive seen Maria play for a long time.

Agreed. The ballstriking was clean, the gameplan was sound. The thing is Wozniacki can also make Görges look like a hardcourt GOAT. Against other top players her footwork will be exposed again and she´ll have to settle for lower percentage winner attempts than against Wozniacki.

Nevertheless respect to Sharapova for playing patiently and finally recognizing that she can just wait for the perfect killshot against Wozniacki. Will be a different story against Bartoli and even against Radwanska. Still a great opportunity for Sharapova to win Miami.

ozza

Are people still seriously surprised by this though? Many times in the past she's had 1 match where she will play some nice stuff, people get excited claiming she's making the improvements needed. Then the very next match reverts back to type. This isn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last time. She needs an overhaul in her team and coaching department to take the next step.

Adrian.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM
and it's funny enough that they are claiming Masha played the best match of the year and still was close to the same horrible Caro of the whole year :shrug: :lol:

But she played one of the best match, only was choking in the first set from 4-1 to 4-6 (horrible play) but then again she was GOAT :shrug:

did you even see the match?

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM

Did you watch the match :unsure:

Maria was up 4-0 in the first with ease, then 4-1 she was vintage -- that match should have never gone 3 -- give me a break. :happy:

As soon as Maria got her stuff going again she was thumping Wozniacki in the second, quick 4-0 etc. etc.

Maria had this match all the time -- this was never close to start with.

Adrian.
the only person who was claiming that was Adrian :secret:

Not only me...:bigwave:

Critique
Maria executed tactics perfectly today, a few sloppy patches but her fans have a lot to be pleased with going into the final.

Steven.

lol caro wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING out there. Maria was firing winners or errors the entire match. OVER HALF of Wozniacki's pts won came from a Maria unforced error, and that was when she was choking or getting tense. Maria was playing so well and this really should've been a routinely 6-1 6-2 so no, Maria didn't suck nor did Woz have any chance to suck at all. Maria was killing Woz by taking the ball early and by using angles.

only haters will say she played badly when in fact she only played badly in patches while she was killing woz otherwise.

Jtdrum10
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Great win for Pova. Glad she is in the final!

Caro played well and took advantage of Maria's errors, especially in that first set.

claypova
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Not only me...:bigwave:

ok but one of the few :lol:
Maria played very well in patches, but she also had 46 errors .. :lol:

it wasn't her best match of the year, but IMO it was her best against a top player :)

C. Drone
Quite good match I would say, besides the blips and chokes it was clear who will be the winner.
Maria executed the right tactic :worship: except that 5 games in first set when she turned into brainless mode :tape: Just keep rallying, waiting for the most comfortable occasion to finish points. The ridiculously slow court even allowed her some pushing in couple rallies.

and if anyone was robbed at MP, it was Maria. :o
well, Kader definitely dropped from #TeamKarolina, although he was doing well today.

Karolina did her usual just like in last months, maybe bit more stable FH and more depth, still not enough to trouble opponents who can move. Girl, think about your life choices, about that 2 games from 2-5. Drop the diva act, drop your dad... I mean your "coach".

C. W. Fields
I had Caro as a slight favorite before the match because it was on HC but I knew it could go either way, and it did indeed become a close match. I had predicted it would be a lot about serving and from what I saw (I missed most of the match because of a meeting) Maria did indeed serve very well. Not aces but pressure serves which Caro often either missed or hit short, also her 2nd serves which makes the low number of DFs even more impressive. Caro's serve didn't seem on the same level as against Serena, more mediocre.
Maria also seemed to have a pretty good relationship with the net cord and the lines. When a player hits the lines you can always discuss how much is skill and how much is luck, but fact is that when Maria went for her shots it worked more often than not. Congrats to her and good luck in the final. I'm of course disappointed Caro lost but at least she went down with more of a fight than against Ana at IW and hopefully she can build on her win against Serena to get her grove back.

ExXotikal

Gaspa, Baby, you are way too sexy to troll. I see you mad and preoccupied by Pova's victory and Imma let it slide cause I still hope somehow we can have some good fucking together.
But fix that attitude.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Masha :yeah: Nice way to battle it out :bounce:

Adrian.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:15 PM
ok but one of the few :lol:
Maria played very well in patches, but she also had 46 errors .. :lol:

it wasn't her best match of the year, but IMO it was her best against a top player :)

so what was her best match? :lol:

22 UEs came from the 1 set I think, when she imploded after leading 4-1, but apart from that, she was GOAT :woohoo:

Adrian.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Gaspa, Baby, you are way too sexy to troll. I see you mad and preoccupied by Pova's victory and Imma let it slide cause I still hope somehow we can have some good fucking together.
But fix that attitude.

:haha::haha::haha:

spiritedenergy
But fix that attitude.

:eek:

marineblue
Good fight from Caro but it just wasnt enough against Screamapova,sadly.

Apoleb
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM
If Wozniacki can develop more consistent depth on her forehand she'll be fearsome in Generation Suck. That's what she needs. Not more retarded "aggressiveness"... she needs depth on the forehand. And when she got the depth, that match swung into her direction as Crapova was no way able to get the width she needed on her own forehand from a deep ball, and hence the "errors" as Wozniacki's game became effective again. She also served pretty badly in the third set. That hurt her a lot.

Steven.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM
so what was her best match? :lol:

22 UEs came from the 1 set I think, when she imploded after leading 4-1, but apart from that, she was GOAT :woohoo:

you are correct :) and she was playing godlike tennis until 4-1 too so you can imagine the amount of UE to winner after that.

14 winners 22 UEs in set 1

36 winners 24 UEs in sets 2 and 3

so really :wavey: at the haters

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Should have been 1 and 2 really anyway Maria probably won't make the same mistake in the final so it's all good.

Fantasy Hero
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:18 PM
i would really like to be answered: do you guys feel better spreading bad reps because someone doesn't share your own ideas? i would understand it have I been offensive or something, whatever :lol: being a Caro fan i guess it's enough of a reason to deserve insults on private i guess :hatoff: really classy

Israel
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Caroline please play like you did at 2-5 in the third all year long. You were fantastic at that point and I really enjoyed watching you.
Please Aga/Fatoli take out the trash.

jameshazza
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Don't generalise Masha fans, not justifying anything but a couple of users are not the whole fanbase.

Adrian.
i would really like to be answered: do you guys feel better spreading bad reps because someone doesn't share your own ideas? i would understand it have I been offensive or something, whatever :lol: being a Caro fan i guess it's enough of a reason to deserve insults on private i guess :hatoff: really classy

Poor Gaspa :awww::hug:
But you surely weren't right on Masha today...:hug:

Gilas.
The first set never happened :cheer:

gmak
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Maria :yeah: :worship: :woohoo:
amazing stuff :drool: apart from those 5 games in the 1st set :o

pushing to 50 winners :devil:

now beat the vulture and win your 1st Miami :rocker:

HATERS stay pressed :wavey: :hug:

Rovi
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
If Wozniacki can develop more consistent depth on her forehand she'll be fearsome in Generation Suck. That's what she needs. Not more retarded "aggressiveness"... she needs depth on the forehand. And when she got the depth, that match swung into her direction as Crapova was no way able to get the width she needed on her own forehand from a deep ball, and hence the "errors" as Wozniacki's game became effective again. She also served pretty badly in the third set. That hurt her a lot.

You really have a problem in your head.its either that or you dont know anything about tennis.Seriously,all Maria haters go and cry somewhere else and stop acting like idiots that you people are.

homogenius
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I watched the 2nd and start of 3rd set and Woz was just :o Poor serving, WEAK groundstrokes and she was not moving as well as against Serena.Could have build on her win against Ree but instead it looked like she was back to her usual self of the last 6/8 months.
maria wasn't moving well either but she was hitting the ball well from what I saw.Should be a decent final against either Marion or Aga

laurie
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:25 PM
That's the best I've seen Maria play for years :bowdown: Fantastic winners all over the court, good movement. A terrible wobble at the end of the first set but otherwise exceptional.

As for Wozniacki, well what a forehand! (i.e it is so poor!) I have no choice but to say Wozniacki does not play top 5 tennis, in fact I wouldn't even call it top 10 tennis.

Monzanator
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
If Maria was playing Li Na, Serena or pre-2012 Azarenka, this would have been over in 2 with Maria giving up the chase more or less. However Wozniacki hasn't played on her mind recently and lost the fear factor allowing Maria to forget about that 1st set plought and come back strong in the usual matter.

Still just one 3-set defeat since the start of 2011 for Maria :D

madmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Williams fans, could you please take your self-entitlement to your faves subforums?
This is a thread about Maria's win afteralll - thx bye:wavey:

Maria rocks
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Williams fans, could you please take your self-entitlement to your faves subforums?
This is a thread about Maria's win afteralll - thx bye:wavey:

They just don't like it cos Maria's simply the best!! Better than all the rest!!!:);)

C. Drone
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM

Maria was giving a field day to her FH, not even trying to broke down, just hitting there and waiting... others might wont be that generous with her and then the depth will vanish quickly.
Also slow courts clearly doesnt help her, at least in this match up.

Beny
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM
In your face Caroline. The ball was in so you were completely irrelevant :wavey:

Maria played a great match EXCEPT for that 4-1 to 4-6 part :help: Seriously, she played like an idiot those 5 games, making the very same (FH) mistakes all over again and handing it to Caro on a silver plate. Bartoli might have IQ 170, Masha looked like she had a 17 one. Fortunately, she played again the great tennis for the rest of the match.

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Masha has saved tennis , just one step more , pls!!! Caro was usual, tried her best(her best is not high at all to tell the truth), but this time Maria decided not to make her gifts in every set
So sad,that Azarenka escaped form Masha's revenge , Aza was ready to lose Masha here , and Sharapova , i am sure, was ready to beat todays Azarenka

PS: thanks Sharapova , that it was such a pleasure to see again high class tennis for 80% of the match It is too rare nowadays

marineblue
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
lol caro wasn't allowed to do ANYTHING out there. Maria was firing winners or errors the entire match. OVER HALF of Wozniacki's pts won came from a Maria unforced error, and that was when she was choking or getting tense. Maria was playing so well and this really should've been a routinely 6-1 6-2 so no, Maria didn't suck nor did Woz have any chance to suck at all. Maria was killing Woz by taking the ball early and by using angles.

only haters will say she played badly when in fact she only played badly in patches while she was killing woz otherwise.

Oh, yes she was. She forced Maria to make errors and in the third set she was close to breaking back to the match. Was it not for errors on crucial points Caroline could have finished off what she started in the third.

Steven.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:31 PM
In your face Caroline. The ball was in so you were completely irrelevant :wavey:

Maria played a great match EXCEPT for that 4-1 to 4-6 part :help: Seriously, she played like an idiot those 5 games, making the very same (FH) mistakes all over again and handing it to Caro on a silver plate. Bartoli might have IQ 170, Masha looked like she had a 17 one. Fortunately, she played again the great tennis for the rest of the match.

:sobbing: ikr. Didn't have a clue what was happening in her brain. She just imploded

Wiggly
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Just read on Ben Rothenberg's twitter accound that Maria's coach said "Just take your time, you're much better than her". :lol:

Stonerpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
People flipping out at dsanders' post :rolls:

He's a Masha fan, guys

Steven.
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oh, yes she was. She forced Maria to make errors and in the third set she was close to breaking back to the match. Was it not for errors on crucial points Caroline could have finished off what she started in the third.

I know you can be a bit delusional regarding Wozniacki at times, but I've seen your posts in Caro's subforum and I know you have a bit of knowledge to offer at least. If you actually looked on the OTHER side of the net, Maria was tense as hell from 5-2 up. She had non-existent footwork and everything was floating up barely past the service line for Caro to just smack away. Contrast that to the entire match.

Laura_VeeFan
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM
me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/timmyd2121/banned.gif

dsanders06
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hats off to Crapova. Played the match with perfect tactics, rallied until she got the 90% sure coming forehand joke to pull off the trigger. Killed the point when she had the chance on the second serve and her own serve. She clearly did her homework unlike Fatrena. Served really well. Still, the single determinant factor in this match was Wozniacki's length on the forehand. Crapova couldn't do much when Wozniacki hit with good depth; she's just not a good enough ball striker. Wozniacki is becoming what we have all feared: a better pusher.

You're really reaching :lol: I recall like two points in the entire match where what you're describing happened (both late in the third set when Woz suddenly stepped up the aggression), and they were caused by Woz mixing up the length on her shots and then suddenly throwing in a deep forehand and exploiting Maria's lack of athleticism as she was unable to get her feet back quickly enough - nothing to do with Maria's "lack of ballstriking skills" :lol:

Maria was giving a field day to her FH, not even trying to broke down, just hitting there and waiting... others might wont be that generous with her and then the depth will vanish quickly.

Who, Wozniacki? I'll never understand the line of reasoning that she does better on quicker hardcourts... I mean it's pretty obvious today that there were many rallies where Maria hit shots which would've been winners on a quicker surface, but which Woz managed to chase down because of how slow this court is. The courts here and in IW are the best shots Woz is going to get at a win over Maria (or atleast, not the Maria who was in the worst slump of her career between summer 2010 and spring 2011 and was outside the top 10 both times Woz beat her :lol: ), except maybe a claycourt if Woz can improve her movement on it.

Apoleb

There are clear improvements though. There were points where she hit 5/6 forehands in a single rally half way between the service line and the baseline. The stroke looks a bit different and she's trying to put more of her body weight behind it and go deeper with her knees. It's still though a matter of timing, and she timed some really good ones 2-5 down. Of course if you wait long enough, you WILL get the joke forehand but at least that's a move in the right direction.

You really have a problem in your head.its either that or you dont know anything about tennis.Seriously,all Maria haters go and cry somewhere else and stop acting like idiots that you people are.

I'm so sick of 50 IQ people like you who roam this forum with nothing but some dumb one liners AND who take themselves seriously. Just STFU. If you want to be a troll at least be entertaining.

faboozadoo15
Just read on Ben Rothenberg's twitter accound that Maria's coach said "Just take your time, you're much better than her". :lol:

How many Maria fans would kill for this job? Stating the obvious....

CWTennis
Caongrats to MAria!
Caro :hug:
Maria was too good! Caro started to play too late!
Maria you own Caro a drink! :lol:

marineblue
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:36 PM

I think you know the answer already. This is General Morons, man, come on now.:lol:

gc-spurs
I know you can be a bit delusional regarding Wozniacki at times, but I've seen your posts in Caro's subforum and I know you have a bit of knowledge to offer at least. If you actually looked on the OTHER side of the net, Maria was tense as hell from 5-2 up. She had non-existent footwork and everything was floating up barely past the service line for Caro to just smack away. Contrast that to the entire match.

Haha remember that weirdo second serve? Almost bounced before the net... yup Caro forced that :rolleyes:

In previous matches, I'd agree Caro caused Maria to play shit. This match Maria did it all on her own which is why once she brok out of it there was nothing Caro could do.

Linguae^
Well done Maria at defeating Caroline at her peak mode.

footygirl
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:37 PM
did anyone see who the chair umpire was - was it kadar nooni - the Frenchman with a beard and voice like Barry White

Nicolás89
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Caro tried to up her game at the end but it was too late unfortunately, still I was pretty sure in 4-5 had she been able to break to 5 all, it was her match but oh well.. :lol:

You gave me life with some of the things you said to Kadar though. :haha:

Young 8
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
did anyone see who the chair umpire was - was it kadar nooni - the Frenchman with a beard and voice like Barry White

yes

LoveMeansZero
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:39 PM
She didn't have any challenges left. That Nouni is an idiot mind always controversy when he is sat in the umpires chair.

It looks like you are in this case.

Londoner
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM

He's a prat.

Fantasy Hero
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM
... Imma try to catch the younger italian, the one who skies, he be THICK like I love them.

But fix that attitude.

chick, if you scream as hard as your fave, i'm so in for a night with you :angel:

Maria rocks
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM
He's a prat.

Yeah there always seems to be controversy when he is sat in the umpires chair.

marineblue
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:44 PM

Yeah, when I said she will beat Serena if she played freely I am pretty sure people like you'd say I am delusional:rolleyes:
Rest assured that I observed both sides of the net all the time and noticed that Sharapova was tense. Wozniacki was also doing herself a great disservice at crucial points and had to dig herself out of many holes. Her errors gifted Maria a lot especially in the second set.

So, it's not like Sharapova was 'killing her' all the time. Maria's game was on fire but Caro helped her out with her own errors,too. It took Wozniacki two sets to get going again and it was simply too little too late.

marineblue
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Caro tried to up her game at the end but it was too late unfortunately, still I was pretty sure in 4-5 had she been able to break to 5 all, it was her match but oh well.. :lol:

You gave me life with some of the things you said to Kadar though. :haha:

Like what?:oh:

Stonerpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:46 PM
chick, if you scream as hard as your fave, i'm so in for a night with you :angel:

:spit:

Viktymise
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
"Sunshine" showing her true colours at the end. Don't let the door hit you on the way out :bigwave:

This. Always great to see Failniacki get what's coming to her.

Apoleb
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
My mom first time watching Crapova: if she screams like that, why no one says anything about it? :tears: :worship:

ExXotikal
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM

:sobbing:

I know Silverwhite is behind this. And I ain't mad at all

theFutureisNow
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:52 PM
That's the best I've seen Maria play for years :bowdown: Fantastic winners all over the court, good movement. A terrible wobble at the end of the first set but otherwise exceptional.

As for Wozniacki, well what a forehand! (i.e it is so poor!) I have no choice but to say Wozniacki does not play top 5 tennis, in fact I wouldn't even call it top 10 tennis.

I think Caro played top 5 tennis today. Maria was just better.

silverwhite
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
:sobbing:

I know Silverwhite is behind this. And I ain't mad at all

Don't forget to invite me to your wedding :angel:

jcon86
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM
congrats maria she should win the final now that she doesnt have to play serena or vika

MaBaker
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Excellent.

The Dawntreader
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Unfliching and purposeful play from Pova in the last two sets, especially after that lapse in the first. Just beautiful attacking tennis, moving into the forecourt with such voracity.

Best I've seen her play in yonks on HC.

Monzanator
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:01 PM
My mom first time watching Crapova: if she screams like that, why no one says anything about it? :tears: :worship:

So sorry Pova spoiled your day by winning :lol: Sue her for moral damages FFS :wavey:

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Unfliching and purposeful play from Pova in the last two sets, especially after that lapse in the first. Just beautiful attacking tennis, moving into the forecourt with such voracity.

Best I've seen her play in yonks on HC.

Wozniacki helped her a lot with that, she even played into middle of the court or went into cross court exchanges without any attempts at redirecting the ball, changing the pace, no slices or anything. Basically any confident ballstriker looks good when playing against Woz, look at Sofia Arvidsson in the first 1.5 set in IW or Ivanovic in IW.

Woz's match against Serena was kind of an exception because she was serving much better than usual and employed some actual counterpunching at times (and Serena made much more casual UEs).

young_gunner913
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Bitter williams fans showing their true colors....STAY MAD! arent your faves back in compton?

They both live in Miami dipstick. :smash:

Kairi
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM

:facepalm: :o
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1cw9eVLi01qip43j.gif

madmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:09 PM
So sorry Pova spoiled your day by winning :lol: Sue her for moral damages FFS :wavey:

Seriously, how does that poor fella doesn't drown in his own tears of sorrow?:devil:

Mynarco
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM

:tape: This is so below the belt

The Dawntreader
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
They both live in Miami dipstick. :smash:

Shall I hit him for you!?

Trih
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM

My mom and dad cheer for her when they're watching with me! :nerner:

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Sharapova is shockingly close to Vika in the rankings. :eek:

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Vika dropped a lot of points in Miami.

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Unlucky, Caroline. You played okay, but it obviously wasn't enough to beat the banshee this time. That's a shame. Sharapova winning is bad for tennis, but the fact that the crowd are going to have to listen to her screams again is just as bad.

faboozadoo15
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM

:sad: Your mom may be as dumb as you? EPIC.

NashaMasha
is Vika back in Belarus? Oh, no , she lives in Miami :)

Masha was better in 2011 , and if she had not injured in the end of the year she would have been №1 today

Break My Rapture
But fix that attitude.
GOODNESS. :crying2: Funniest poster ever without a doubt.

UDACHi
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
maria was FIRE. :hearts: fuck the haters. also so so so sad if she loses this final because she's already beaten two players who are tougher for her than either potential opponent.
caroline. :hug: only saw third set but this is better than she's been. shouldn't have been a psycho challenging machine early on in the 3rd and she wouldn't have had to have been such a bitch. :lol:

JamieOwen3
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Oh guys :rolleyes: sometimes you make it hard for me to defend you :sobbing: I CAN'T. Maria however i will defend till the end! and she played spectacular at times.

JamieOwen3
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:22 PM
And sharapova winning is GREAT for tennis, HOE.

flareon
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Unlucky, Caroline. You played okay, but it obviously wasn't enough to beat the banshee this time. That's a shame. Sharapova winning is bad for tennis, but the fact that the crowd are going to have to listen to her screams again is just as bad.

Why is it bad for tennis :drool:
aggresive player won.

Adrian.
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Caro: No, it doesn't. No, because I think when the ball is so close that I think he should give her a chance to challenge
Caro: at least when I don't have any challenges. She was gonna challenge it, anyways. So if it shows it's good, it's good.
Caro: If it shows it's out, it's out. The ball was so close that it might as well have been out.

:hysteric: she said that even again after the match on PR :hysteric::facepalm:
This girl needs some serious help :sobbing:

Steff_forever
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
oh yeah just 1,050 pts minus 300 pts if she's the champion and Vika has to lose about the same amount of pts in upcoming months :sad:
I guess it's just getting not easy in near future to take it from the Belarussian brat...

still waiting for Aga to prevail within top3

C. Drone
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Who, Wozniacki? I'll never understand the line of reasoning that she does better on quicker hardcourts... I mean it's pretty obvious today that there were many rallies where Maria hit shots which would've been winners on a quicker surface, but which Woz managed to chase down because of how slow this court is. The courts here and in IW are the best shots Woz is going to get at a win over Maria (or atleast, not the Maria who was in the worst slump of her career between summer 2010 and spring 2011 and was outside the top 10 both times Woz beat her :lol: ), except maybe a claycourt if Woz can improve her movement on it.

this can be true on the other way, Maria hit/pushed some ball back which would have been UE on quicker surface.

Also, I dont think Maria had so many "would have been winners" today, she was basically rally mode most of the time until got into a comfortable postiion to set up a killer FH/BH. And those would´ve been winners on any court.

But this depends more on the matchup obviously, sometimes slower can be better for Karolina.

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM
oh yeah just 1,050 pts minus 300 pts if she's the champion and Vika has to lose about the same amount of pts in upcoming months :sad:
I guess it's just getting not easy in upcoming months to take it from the Belarussian brat...

Vika is going to rest for 3-5 weeks , so all is in Sharapova's hands http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=17022&zoneid=25

madmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I guess it's just getting not easy in upcoming months to take it from the Belarussian brat...

I think eventually the TOP 3 will stabilize and look like this:
1.Azarenka
2.Sharapova
3.Radwanska

I can actually see Maria getting to #1 in upcoming summer if she manages to win RG somehow (which is her main goal seeing how she is getting more and more confident in long rallies and is coming to the net much more frequently).

carling
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Well done, Maria! Really happy with the way she regrouped after falling apart in the first set. The match was always in her hands.

That written, I am impressed with the improvements Caroline is trying to make to her game. Obviously, a leopard can't change its spots overnight. It's going to take some time, but I'm proud of Caroline for stepping up and she HAS stepped up. Give the girl some credit.

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Why is it bad for tennis :drool:
aggresive player won.
Screaming banshee winning = bad for tennis. Her screaming and her game are horrible to watch. Her game is nothing but hitting the ball hard and her screaming is beyond disgusting. Therefore, her winning = bad for tennis.

$uricate
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Thankyou for restoring order Maria after the blip that occurred on Tuesday :worship:

C. Drone
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Vika dropped a lot of points in Miami.

she had 250+1000 last year IW+Miami
and 1000+250 this year
Maria improved her IW result, and has chance to win Miami title. So its not like Vika really dropped points. ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Throughout the past year, Maria has impressed me with her consistent results. She always seems to be deep into tournaments. The thing is, she needs to win the finals to really make an impact.

Jane Lane
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Of course Maria was going to get revenge for her girlfriend BFF Serena. :rolls:

Monzanator
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Screaming banshee winning = bad for tennis. Her screaming and her game are horrible to watch. Her game is nothing but hitting the ball hard and her screaming is beyond disgusting. Therefore, her winning = bad for tennis.

Tell that to Nike marketing department :lol: Man, that loss really hit you hard and just won't let go! :o

FleetSeb
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Maria's got to defend Rome though. And then RG SFs and Wimbledon final. If she were to take the number 1 spot, she needs to win one of the two summer slams TBH and maintain a reasonable number of points in the others. Vika will probs at least achieve F & QF in Rome and Madrid to defend last years. So she's really only losing Marbella. Maria can make some gains in Stuttgart I guess.

I still think peeps are too quick to write off Petra. She'll build on her 4th round loss at RG. She didn't play Rome at all last year. Really just losing her Madrid win points, and she could easily defend those.

Monzanator
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM
I'd be utterly surprised if Maria plays Stuttgart. Rome plus Madrid mandatory is all she'll play before RG methinks.

NashaMasha
Maria's got to defend Rome though. And then RG SFs and Wimbledon final. If she were to take the number 1 spot, she needs to win one of the two summer slams TBH and maintain a reasonable number of points in the others. Vika will probs at least achieve F & QF in Rome and Madrid to defend last years. So she's really only losing Marbella. Maria can make some gains in Stuttgart I guess.

I still think peeps are too quick to write off Petra. She'll build on her 4th round loss at RG. She didn't play Rome at all last year. Really just losing her Madrid win points, and she could easily defend those.

Azarenka is missing about a month for a rest , so it's time Sharapova gained some neccessary points to become #1

Apoleb
:sad: Your mom may be as dumb as you? EPIC.

Thank you, I take that as a compliment. Your definition of dumb is anything that jumps over your tiny head. Like the meaning of "pedigree". :tape:

Steff_forever
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Vika is going to rest for 3-5 weeks , so all is in Sharapova's hands http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=17022&zoneid=25
understandable, but she wants to defend her Madrid pts and within this time she has to defend nothing...

thanks for the link

Vika

Madrid PM 08.05.2011 F 700,00
Roland Garros GS 06.06.2011 QF 500,00
Wimbledon GS 03.07.2011 SF 900,00
Toronto P5 14.08.2011 SF 395,00
Cincinnati P5 21.08.2011 - 0,00
US Open GS 11.09.2011 3.R 160,00
Tokyo P5 02.10.2011 SF 395,00
Beijing PM 09.10.2011 3.R 140,00
Luxembourg IS 23.10.2011 W 280,00
WTA Championship WC 30.10.2011 F 890,00
Sydney P 15.01.2012 W 470,00
Australian Open GS 29.01.2012 W 2.000,00
Doha P5 19.02.2012 W 900,00
Dubai P 26.02.2012 - 0,00
Indian Wells PM 18.03.2012 W 1.000,00
Miami PM 02.04.2012 W 250,00

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Tell that to Nike marketing department :lol: Man, that loss really hit you hard and just won't let go! :o
Which loss? This loss? It doesn't hit hard at all. Caro lost, big deal. She moves on to the next tournament. If I'm annoyed about anything here, it's the fact that Bansheepova won. That said, I'm not angry or annoyed. I'm just saying...Sharapova winning is bad for tennis.

madmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Which loss? This loss? It doesn't hit hard at all. Caro lost, big deal. She moves on to the next tournament. If I'm annoyed about anything here, it's the fact that Bansheepova won. That said, I'm not angry or annoyed. I'm just saying...Sharapova winning is bad for tennis.

why do you insist that Sharapova winning is bad for tennis?:confused:
Don't you enjoy screaming winners on the lines hit by a sexy babes? Dis shit rocks:hearts: