RenaSlam.
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ha.

Roookie
Yes :banana:

killerqueen
Allez!! New winner of Miami guaranteed! :)

Singleniacki
Come the fuck on :sobbing: The first set was stunning from both.
Felt bad for Vika in the end though :hug:

JN
Good one, Marion!! :yeah:

aguy9797
Marion :worship::worship::worship:

Double A
Bartoli was so cute when she won. :P

Aga winning? Maybe if Sharapova beats Wozniacki. If Wozniacki makes it to the final, she'll probably beat Aga.

plokploky
I love Marion's random upsets. She played amazingly today. Well deserved.

Steven.
great streak, but quite the most unconvincing one ever from a dominating player. getting outplayed in so many matches to get all those wins. :help:

thank you cake for ending it.

Payam
Wasn't she injured?

Buitenzorg
Vika :sad:

Chakvenus
Marion :hearts: :hearts:
So proud, girl!

misty1
yes marion!:bounce::hearts:

Attemus
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Just Do It Masha!

stevos
Wooooooo!
Marion was incred. Loved her spirit and play today.
Feel a tiny bit bad for Vika. Great start of the season.

Milk_Shakespeare
Winners 27-16 to Marion!

Marion played really solid and agressive. Well-deserved.

hablo
Well done, Bartoli! :bowdown:

She accomplished what Cibulkova should have done the other day. :o:help:

Charlatan
MARION :yeah: great job. the level dropped a bit in the 2nd set, but she fought back :cheer:
vika :hug: you did a nice job, getting so many wins so far

Doully
Vika just ran out of gas. Marion was ruthless in that second set. She kept the momentum despite an obviously exhausted opponent. Many a players have faltered against injured/tired opponents. So props.

The Hingis record lives on. :oh:.

Dan_Doe
Finally :worship: Someone had to do it, sooner or later.

Jane Lane
Vika :hug: She had nothing left to give at the end. This was an amazing run, get some good rest and get ready for the clay.
I missed most of the match, but Cake played at a high level throughout and I knew she could take advantage if Vika was flat.

Enjoy it haters.

Israel
Who would believe it? Marion (cake) Bartoli ends Azarenka's streak.
Amazing achievment!

TheBoiledEgg
leg cramps :( :(

Vika :( :sad:

sxeraserhead
That defeated body language from Vika was just awful. Not something a #1 should be displaying to her opponent so readily. Her level of play wasn't any worse in this match than it usually is, she just got straight outplayed and should deal with it.

Wiggly
Azarenka won a Razzie Award tonight.

Craig.
CAKE :bowdown:

dentine :hug:

ozza
Vika just hit the proverbial brick wall. Needs to rest up for the clay season now.

MH0861
Marion played superb tennis, especially at the beginning. Really set the tone well.

Iceland
Marion :hearts:
Played so well tonight, huge fightback down 31 to take the match.
Sadly for her, vulture is coming :angel: Hope she can win this one too!

saul1333
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:53 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg641/scaled.php?tn=0&server=641&filename=60gq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

The Kaz
Azarenka was clearly injured :awww:

Well Done Marion nonetheless :yeah:

espana
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dBmUrahs1Gs/T3OyU2lMgxI/AAAAAAAAAF0/j3cWmUDxTGc/s1600/Azarenka-Bartoli.jpg

Tenis Srbija
How did Vika react during the match and at the end of it!?!? :oh:

Gilas.
JesusCake :worship: Outplayed her when it mattered :hearts:

Novichok
Marion. :hearts:

Irute
Well done Marion :yeah:
Vika :hug: ... she was totally resigned in the end

jameshazza
I was looking to vote for Cake in WWW thread but apparently there was no need for one :o

Watch the Shrieking Demon Slump.

casholic
Never in doubt. Peak Vikapowerless has nothing to bother an in-form Bartoli.
Truly embarrassing for Vika trying to act like she is injured. Lining up the excuses for the presser.

Sammo
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzpoecnb781rolf0zo1_500.gif

Marion :worship:

rzLkdhXIij0
:banana:

Bonfire
Congrats Marion! She really came out believing she could do it:D

ExXotikal
OK. Caro or Maria better win this shit now.

Willam
:haha: @People saying Bartoli played well. Vika was in one.. well, NO LEGS.

And what a low life Bartoli. Celebrating like she just won the pie eating world championships. The only reason she won was because vika was in tears and couldn't move. Agi is going to wipe the court with you.

Derek.
Vika. :sad:
I think she was cramping or something at the end. :unsure:

Ugh, I wish the streak was ended by Domi.
She's not nearly as annoying as Marion. :o

Bayo
The crowd applauded Marion like she won the title. They really don't like Vika... :unsure:

Congrats, Marion. Her general craziness annoys me at times, but when she's in the zone it's a pleasure to behold.

tennis-insomniac
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Azarenka gave up in the end. I don't know what happened, but I will guess the pressure took a hold of her, however, she did an incredible job of getting it this far.

So happy for Bartoli, she played great tennis, did what Cibulkova should have done.

Now please beat Radwanska with that kind of tennis too :cheer:

NashaMasha
Bartoli finished what Cibulkova started. Against both of them Azarenka was useless , the difference is that Bartoli is fit enough not to loose concentration after first set

Cosmic Voices
at least the pressure is off now :inlove:
but even so, losing a streak to marion :facepalm:. just ran out of gas
cake you played marvelous this evening all the same. your fistpumping however...

The Kaz
I hope Vika has a vacation now and doesn't return til Madrid... she needs a break.

dan.
great result :D

atominside
Truly embarrassing for Vika trying to act like she is injured. Lining up the excuses for the presser.

this

Temperenka
Hopefully Radwanska beats her!

Focus on the French, Vika.

Mary Cherry.
What a fantastic run :bowdown: I do not mind at all that Marion* was the one to end it.

ozza
great streak, but quite the most unconvincing one ever from a dominating player. getting outplayed in so many matches to get all those wins. :help:

What a load of rubbish. Where were all these matches she was getting ouplayed in during this streak? Bartoli played an amazing first set today (Vika was playing good too), and in the end Vika just had nothing left in the tank. Its not that surprising given all the matches she's been playing.

Shvedbarilescu
Wow!!! That is one heck of a victory. It was obviously Vika wasn't at her best, I don't know why, but Marion played great too. She was strong and resolute throughout and always prepared to fight as hard as she could for every point. She's not the fastest girl out there but like Kleybanova she makes up for that a lot by her sheer determination to run down everthing she can.

Great win.

fouc
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Holy Bartoli :worship:

Bronx19
Excellent.

jedw
:hearts::hearts:Marion:hearts::hearts:
:bigwave: Screamarenka

duhcity
Second set was a mess.
First was ridiculous from Marion.

Looks like Miami's pristine winner record is in trouble - I don't see Maria winning.

Hapsara
Well done Marion

Lucemferre

And what a low life Bartoli. Celebrating like she just won the pie eating world championships. The only reason she won was because vika was in tears and couldn't move. Agi is going to wipe the court with you.

Too much bitterness in one post :lol:

Gilas.
Azarenka won a Razzie Award tonight.

How dare you insinuate that Vika is faking. She is above that! :(

Attemus

Oh plese, injured in the last two games? Dont take away Marion's credit. She played great.

Charlatan

huh? are you serious? she has been playing well to maintain like 26 winning streaks..a body is prone to break down at one point. you can't blame for her as of now. she did very well getting so many wins

TheHangover
marion=the giants killer!
what a fighter she is :worship:
marion for the presidence of france

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:56 AM
:awww: Well can't believe for once I voted against Victoria and the 'thing' became true --

Winning IW/Miami is just almost an impossible task -- this just shows why Djokovic streak was exceptional because even on the men's tour I believe this hadn't been done for a long period thread.

I expected the streak to end in Miami but was expecting it in the F. Sad. :sad: Victoria is totally spent and it's a total miracle she's been able to play 3 consecutive weeks of tennis without catching an injury. Miami was the limit anyways now clay. :cheer:

aguy9797
you gotta love Marion, this girl gave everything she got tonight, left her sweat and heart on the court

Barktra
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le261hNGzB1qei4vno1_500.gif

ozza
Also Vika was not acting like she was injured either. She didn't call the trainer did she. She was just clearly knackered. She had nothing left.

goldenlox
That match really turned at 3-1 in the 2nd. Bartoli looked in trouble and starting to play better and Vika looked gassed. It was a great run to start 2012, and I want to see how she does on clay this year.

Tenis Srbija

:smash: but you do deserve a :hug: it's not the end of the world! ;)

Yukiko
Wifey just saved Tennis:worship::worship:

doooma6816
I love you Marion. :inlove:

pedropt
Don't you dare lose to Radwanska for the 7th time :weirdo:

stevos
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:57 AM

Wow, deluded doesn't even begin to describe this post.
As a Vika fan you should be aware that she clearly was not injured and was just pouting her way to a sure upset.
She's good at acting like the only reason Marion won was cus of her slump at the end. You clearly didn't watch the first 75% of the match.

Vika is a great player but she got clear outplayed tonight.
Istanbul 2011!

gc-spurs
Wow I honestly thought Vuvurenka would turn it around! Well done Marion :cheer:!
And bloody well done to what Vika was able to achieve! But now my fave has a shot to win :oh:

CWTennis
Hallelujah! It ended! :devil:
And who else if not the Cake ended it! :worship:
Marion! :yeah:
Vika :hug:

donellcarey
Marion:eek::cheer:

TheHangover
funny how in the end azarenka was trying to fake an injury to justify the fact that she was outplayed by bartoli

Temperenka
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Also, I take solace in the fact that Vika has accomplished more this year than marion will in her career. :)

LoveMeansZero
What a tournament full of surprises!

Vikapower
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg641/scaled.php?tn=0&server=641&filename=60gq.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Better match from Vika than yesterday but still not enough nevertheless when Bartoli the ruthless is your opponent. :awww:

Betty
Congretz Marion! Thank's

C. Drone
if ppl couldnt see she was cramping, i dont know which match you were watching :facepalm:

was a great match, mayber best of year so far. Cake killing Azarenka, etc... shoudlnt have end this way.

Blu€
Marion :D:hearts:, you can always count on her to make an upset! ;) Well deserved victory! Played some great tennis, though her serve can get bad at times. Aga will be happy for sure.
Vika looked spent, mentally especially. She needs a break.

aguy9797
Vika, get some well deserved rest!! You have another winning streak to start!! ;)

Willam
:smash: but you do deserve a :hug: it's not the end of the world! ;)

Of course it's not the end of the world. She lost because she was injured. She could've retired like Henin, but instead she finished it with integrity. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people are praising fatoli.

.TheGroke.
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Well done girl :hearts: :worship:

Ryan
So clutch from MArion. Showed how to really attack Vika's meh serve, and Vika wasn't as sharp as normal.

Its probably GOOD for Vika to get a loss now. Rest up, prepare for clay - with slightly less pressure. :yeah:

Also, don't come near Legend's win streak. :wavey:

Mary Cherry.

Please change your avatar. I don't want people thinking it's me who posts this drivel.

young_gunner913
COME THE FUCK ON MARION!! :woohoo: Win this title. :rocker2:

Vikapowerless, this is karma. :drool: Allez up your f*cking @sshole!!

homogenius
kinda expected but Marion did it with style so :bowdown:
Marion played a great match.She started to feel tired being up 1 set and a break and Vika started to make her visiting the court but she hung in there and found a 2nd breath just in time.Vika couldn't handle it the last couple of games it looks like she had reached her limits both physically and mentally.She won so much this year that it had to happen at one point but it's not like she gifted the match to Marion.She got outplayed.

Pebbles
marion :yeah: brilliant agressive play and she was getting pretty much everything back when on the run. Make the final!

Joee
Supermarion!

Willam
Also, I take solace in the fact that Vika has accomplished more this year than marion will in her career. :)

this.

Craig.

Um, okay? :weirdo:

Mahon_Lorcan
funny how in the end azarenka was trying to fake an injury to justify the fact that she was outplayed by bartoli

Oh yes!! Right! She is pathetic, so you know..fortunately she lost!

Well done Marion! You are so fantastic today! Agressive tennis. Great Fight!
Allez!!!

dsanders06
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Very high-quality match. Bartoli's level for most of the match, particularly the first set, was INSANE. Azarenka played well up until the last few games aswell - although her lack of fight at the end was pretty pathetic.

Azarenka to now crash back down to earth and her stans calm the fuck down, please. I still expect her to have an extremely high-quality, consistent rest of the season, but I doubt she's going to go another run of this type - I wouldn't actually be surprised if she doesn't finish the season at #1.

Marion :inlove: You'd never have known from her attitude in this match that Azarenka is one of the worst match-ups on the WTA for her. Mentally she's so underrated.

Doully

Unnecessary and bitter.
But if it helps you get some shut-eye tonight. By all means.

Mrs. Dimitrova

How bitter. :lol:

Vikapower

Newbie, can't wait for your next ban, Tea ? SwingTrolley ? :oh: or probably ExtreemSpeedX ? :eek:

Novichok
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:01 AM

:rolleyes:

Patrick345
Great match. Best of the year. great until 3-3 in the 2nd set, when Azarenka was simply too tired to fight back mentally and physically. Bartoli deserved this. Both players came to win and I much rather prefer a player like Bartoli to end the streak with awesome tennis than Radwanska or Wozniacki simply running out a win. Thatīs why I called it. :cool:

Otherwise let the haters celebrate. Deep down, if they know enough about tennis, they know nobody besides Azarenka has played at the level Bartoli showed tonight. Next time with her batteries recharged Azarenka will probably complete the turnaround at 3-1 in the 2nd set, but Bartoli didnīt allow it tonight. She hung in there and finished it. So all the credit goes to Bartoli. :worship:

Tenis Srbija
:awww: Well can't believe for once I voted against Victoria and the 'thing' became true --

Winning IW/Miami is just almost an impossible task -- this just shows why Djokovic streak was exceptional because even on the men's tour I believe this hadn't been done for a long period thread.

I expected the streak to end in Miami but was expecting it in the F. Sad. :sad: Victoria is totally spent and it's a total miracle she's been able to play 3 consecutive weeks of tennis without catching an injury. Miami was the limit anyways now clay. :cheer:

Actually Federer did it twice (2005.-2006.) and Kim did it in 2005. :)

jedw
:rolleyes:I guess all those making excuses about vika's cramp failed to see/chose to ignore Bartoli having problems with her left arm (possibly also cramp)

miffedmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Bummer. Hopefully TOB or Caro will take advantage of Vika's absence.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:02 AM
if ppl couldnt see she was cramping, i dont know which match you were watching :facepalm:

This

Kitten63
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Great win Marion :worship:

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:03 AM

A player who's won for like 3 straight months is faking injury ? :haha: All the pressed haters a coming off their whole --

Where was Mr. Hangover when Azarenka was winning I wonder. :happy:

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Vika is outplayed in 2 matches, first Cibulkova has shown that there is nothing special in №1 , Bartoli just confirmed it

Fake injury is common for Azarenko, because it is easier to tell youself that you lose because of injury and not because your opponent plays much better

Brad[le]y.
Bummer. Hopefully TOB or Caro will take advantage of Vika's absence.

while Vika's streak may end, the LOB's streak of racking up big titles can continue :shrug:

Tenis Srbija
Of course it's not the end of the world. She lost because she was injured. She could've retired like Henin, but instead she finished it with integrity. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people are praising fatoli.

And that says everything about you. You really need a hug, a big hug in some mental institution, 'cause this bitching about your fav losing a match is really a bit too much ;)

Trih
Oh crap, I missed this match.
What happened for Vika to lose in 2 winning only 6 games? :help:
Please someone make me a highlight of the match without being sarcastic. :lol:

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Actually Federer did it twice (2005.-2006.) and Kim did it in 2005. :)

Yes but it's FEDERER right ? Vika isn't Federer. Clijsters won IW/Miami back to back in 2005 -- it's been standing for 7 years now and there have been lots of quality girls to do it.

I never thought one instant Victoria would have broken that record. :lol: Ok probably once or twice just to annoy :oh:

Number19
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:05 AM
WTF Vika?!

Oh, well. I guess Domi got the pin rocking, anybody could have knocked down after that.

UDACHi
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:06 AM
marion is such a dominant betch when she wants to be. :hearts: hoping my gurlz don't both lose their semis a la rg2011 now.

madmax
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTArqehAg2ayXfxGN7UTq0d9j2xL8ofI UeeYP6jG3AiezktUR9tkw > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTClCzx4_od1E3PXVW65XWPPaXjKLnsK l25ilxJZu7s2jYEDF3n
deal with it:cheer:

Utterchaos
Bartoli played brilliantly, apart from the game where she DF twice in a row to get broken in the second. Azarenka was struggling physically. Perhaps her physical grinding style and having to fight for every point has finally caught up to her.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Bartoli was the star of tonight's show, no doubt about it. Azarenka played great nonetheless was more of a background for Cake. Shame it ended with Vika cramping though.

Anyway, congrats to Marion for snatching a wig and congrats to Azarenka for the longest winning streak since Legend's one. :yeah:

C. Drone
Loved how Marion was playing rock-paper-scissor after winning points. She has a bold tactic though, always shows rock. :worship:

Jane Lane
Tzar, or whoever the fuck you are I don't even know stop making us all look pressed and bitter because we're not.

jedw

You don't like Tennis do you?

RenaSlam.
So much hate for Cake all of a sudden. That's TF for you. :lol:

Slutiana
The most underwhelming and uninteresting winning streak finally comes to an end.

Bartoli was aggressive for the first time in a while, with Azarenka looking her usual helpless self against an in-form offensive player. Marion was fortunate that Azarenka's fatigue struck just as the match looked to be slipping away.

Vika's reaction to the tiredness was very telling; she burst into tears and was pretty much done with the match from 3-3 0-30. Meanwhile, we have watched Venus in a similar condition all fortnight, without so much of a peep. Another reminder of the huge gulf between the outgoing generation and this current one.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Yes but it's FEDERER right ? Vika isn't Federer. Clijsters won IW/Miami back to back in 2005 -- it's been standing for 7 years now and there have been lots of quality girls to do it.

I never thought one instant Victoria would have broken that record. :lol: Ok probably once or twice just to annoy :oh:

I was just saying that it was done not so long before Nole :wavey:

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Seems there is 2 kinds of responses here: 'Bartoli thoroughly outplayed her, Vika faked an injury to save face etc.' Bartoli played very well first set and the first set was a very good set of tennis (Vika wasn't bad herself). But I don't think had Vika not been very very tired she would have let the 2nd set slip from 3-1 up, she just seemed to hit the brick wall after losing the break straight back.

On other side you have 'This win means nothing. Vika was injured.' Which again isn't true. Vika wasn't injured. She just ran out of gas, and had nothing left to give. Bartoli deserves some credit, afterall Vika would have won the first set the way she played vs 90% of players, and obviously its very different if she wins the first set (probably wins the match).

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Tzar, or whoever the fuck you are I don't even know stop making us all look pressed and bitter because we're not.

Vika's fans please talk some sense into him/her :lol:

pov
Congrats to Bartoli on the win.

Congrats to Azarenka on the best start to a season in 15 years.

faboozadoo15
What excellent play by Marion! It makes it sweeter that she was getting hardly any respect in the threads on here. I really hope she can also turn the tide a bit against Aga, but we'll see. I don't see how an excellent returner like Marion isn't breaking Aga left and right.

Vika wasn't faking an injury. I think she was just frustrated that she didn't have anything left in the tank to give to the match. She's still extremely hungry for success. I wouldn't want to run into her in the early rounds of her next tournament.

She'll be back with a vengeance.

faboozadoo15
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM

I think Sharapova was stopped by fucking Sveta of all people in 2006.

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Congrats Cake and Vika.

GL, Maria, maybe this time you'll win a title. :unsure:

Inger67
Allez Marion!!!!!!!

faboozadoo15
Loved how Marion was playing rock-paper-scissor after winning points. She has a bold tactic though, always shows rock. :worship:

I actually LOL'd

Potato
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Well done to Cake! :cheer: :hug: Azarenka. amazing year.

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Now it is clear that Azarenka 2012 is beatable, If Cibulkova and Bartoli can make her look amateur (in first set) , why others cannot? I guess any top player , who plays agressive , but quite clean , without DF and much of UE can easily beat Azarenka in strights

The problem is we do not have much stable agressive players in WTA

Vikapower
I was just saying that it was done not so long before Nole :wavey:

Well yes I understood what you meant but in the mix of players Federer, Clijsters etc. Victoria is not yet there. Probably in the future who knows. :lol:

For someone who has won their first major, take #1 and be undefeated until Miami is really not bad. She even got the honor to get comparisons with Novak. :oh:

Djokovic and Federer had a lot of very top tennis in them already before they accomplished such performance.

cherseles
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Vika had 3-1 in the 2nd

Made me very sad when Vika was hitting her leg in the 2nd set :sad:

So Aga wins Miami now? :)

Aga: Are you serious? She is faking again?

homogenius

:spit:

EDIT : shut up

betowiec
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:16 AM
nice payday, thank you vika
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/kutafon/fatoli-1.png

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Well yes I understood what you meant but in the mix of players Federer, Clijsters etc. Victoria is not yet there. Probably in the future who knows. :lol:

For someone who has won their first major, take #1 and be undefeated until Miami is really not bad. She even got the honor to get comparisons with Novak. :oh:

Djokovic and Federer had a lot of very top tennis in them already before they accomplished such performance.

That's all true, but also Vika wasn't that close to winning 'em both :lol: W and QF, I'm pretty sure that happened like a million of times :D and W & SF and W & F :)

Viennalover
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Vika is outplayed in 2 matches, first Cibulkova has shown that there is nothing special in №1 ,
Bartoli just confirmed it

Fake injury is common for Azarenko, because it is easier to tell youself that you lose
because of injury and not because your opponent plays much better

This, same feelings. :yeah:

It was obvious that the crowds hate pushers.
And I didn't like her acting like she's losing because of injury.
Now I understands what Aga was claiming for... :rolleyes:

lefty24
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Marion was so adorable at the end and during the interview!
I'm so glad a lefty put an end to the streak.

sexador
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:18 AM
oh yes http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Hot_59421d_2125128.gifaleluuuuuuiaaaaaaa

jdog3008
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Maria, please win now

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Now it is clear that Azarenka 2012 is beatable, If Cibulkova and Bartoli can make her look amateur (in first set) , why others cannot? I guess any top player , who plays agressive , but quite clean , without DF and much of UE can easily beat Azarenka in strights

Oh please I think you will find its not as easy as you are making it out to be. Anyone can be outplayed for short periods. Even Djokovic during his run last year was getting outplayed in periods and at the starts of several matches. You can't just thrash everyone all the time.

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I think Sharapova was stopped by fucking Sveta of all people in 2006.

:lol: Yes right, in 2006 - She lost in 2 sets, 4 and 3.

Maria didn't have all that tennis in her body though when she almost succeeded the double IW/Miami.

Willam
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:20 AM
And that says everything about you. You really need a hug, a big hug in some mental institution, 'cause this bitching about your fav losing a match is really a bit too much ;)

You may be right. Being a Jankovic fan you must know a thing or two.

Shinjiro
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:21 AM

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=180039

Patrick345
So much hate for Cake all of a sudden. That's TF for you. :lol:

Who is hating Bartoli? Maybe two or three disappointed Azarenka fans (which is the minority)? On the other hand a lot of people are just looking to donate a box of Siberian Snickers to Marion. Itīs actually good for tennis that it wasnīt a cheap victory due to physical and mental exhaustion. Although I do believe that Azarenka could have pushed through in the 2nd set, if she was fully fit, that doesnīt take away from the fact that Bartoli pushed Azarenka to the absolute limit with great tennis, till she couldnīt go no more. Now for the love of tennis woman up Marion and take the title. Unofrtunately I think this match probably took as much out of Bartoli as it did out of Azarenka, and one of the other three will win the title. Sometimes tennis is just not fair. :(

Viennalover

Right.
That's why the defensive player prevails... :rolleyes:

But after all, pusher's not a play style for TRUE NO1.

aguy9797
Marion should send a big bottle of champagne (or cake) to Cibulkova.

Dominika's gutsy performance paved the way for this win

PMBH

Nice one. Congrats ;)

Willam

Listen idiot, I am my own person, just because I like vika too, does not make us equals AT ALL. So stop comparing yourself to me. thanks.

cowsonice
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Yay Marion! :cheer: Nice win indeed.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM
You may be right. Being a Jankovic fan you must know a thing or two.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It's even more serious :hug:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:24 AM
A player who's won for like 3 straight months is faking injury ? :haha: All the pressed haters a coming off their whole --

Where was Mr. Hangover when Azarenka was winning I wonder. :happy:

It's amazing how reasonable you become when it's your fave who loses. :tape:

Simugna Help
Unofrtunately I think this match probably took as much out of Bartoli as it did out of Azarenka, and one of the other three will win the title. Sometimes tennis is just not fair. :(
I don't understand this line of reasoning. You earn titles by winning x consecutive matches and not deserve them for taking down #1 seed.

Number19

4 others had given Vika a breadstick this year. I think she may have just run out of gas this time.

PMBH
Listen idiot, I am my own person, just because I like vika too, does not make us equals AT ALL. So stop comparing yourself to me. thanks.

:weirdo:

Jane Lane
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:25 AM

I'm not even going to waste my time with you. Considering you've never posted in Vikaland ever, you're a bandwagoner so there's no point. :rolleyes:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Oh please I think you will find its not as easy as you are making it out to be. Anyone can be outplayed for short periods. Even Djokovic during his run last year was getting outplayed in periods and at the starts of several matches. You can't just thrash everyone all the time.

Absolutely. This loss changes nothing it terms of Victoria Azarenka being the player of the year thus far and the deserving world number 1. But no one is unbeatable.

Cinek
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Bartoli is so GOAT :hearts:
Marion :worship:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m16t7kTmlC1qcb1qao4_250.gif

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Can I start an e-petition for Tzar to change his avatar?

Willam
I'm not even going to waste my time with you. Considering you've never posted in Vikaland ever, you're a bandwagoner so there's no point. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't know I had to apply to be a vika fan. I must have missed the memo back in 07 when I started liking her after watching her play in the Us Open.

Jane Lane

Can I sign it first?

Thanks for the bad rep too, btw Tzar. Now I know how the Woz fans feel with Worldylife, kman and tea. :hug:

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:29 AM

Djokovich? who outplayed him? Federer, Nadal? they are Great Grand Slam Champions!!! how is it compared with Cibulkova , which made from Vika a clown in first set and 70% of second set?

For me it is clear that against Azarenka any top player , who is fit and ready enough not to make many UE is a favorite , because not Azarenka is winning matches, but all her opponents are losing, playing really bad

I guess if Caroline met Azarenka in Miamy she would won either

homogenius
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I like the fact that Marion keeps improving year after year.She never listened to the naysayers and kept doing her thing her own way.She has a great chance to finally reach the top5 this year and it's well deserved.

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:31 AM

You created that gif, didn't you? :sad:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I like the fact that Marion keeps improving year after year.She never listened to the naysayers and kept doing her thing her own way.She has a great chance to finally reach the top5 this year and it's well deserved.

:worship:

Kipling
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Allez Marion!!!!!

pokey camp
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Very nice match by Marion. Not a fan, but it's impossible not to appreciate her when she's on. Beautiful angles and depth. :hatoff:
COME THE FUCK ON MARION!! :woohoo: Win this title. :rocker2:

Vikapowerless, this is karma. :drool: Allez up your f*cking @sshole!!
Karma? Feh. Its fav just won a slam and went on a 26 match win streak. :shrug:

If anything vikapower is proof that trolling and karma are completely unrelated.

C. Drone
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:33 AM

:hug:

dsanders06
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:34 AM
By the way, can someone please do a GIF of Marion nodding her head like "yes, this is actually going to happen bitch" right before Aza served to stay in the match? :sobbing:

Mary Cherry.
You created that gif, didn't you? :sad:

Yes.

Patrick345
I don't understand this line of reasoning. You earn titles by winning x consecutive matches and not deserve them for taking down #1 seed.

What is there not to understand? So is the luck of the draw. The best player doesnīt always win.

The best example of this might be Stosur and Schiavone at Roland Garros 2010. Schiavone played one great match in that tournament. If you reverse the draws Schiavone doesnīt even sniff the quarterfinal. Does that take away from Schiavoneītitle? Not really. If you look through history I bet most Slams (not all) are won through favourable draws. Itīs just that if you do it ten times you are great and if you do it once you are lucky (in the eyes of many fans).

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Yes.

Where's that petition then? :fiery:

Let.them.talk
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:41 AM

Hmmm... no. :wavey:

Fake injury is common for Azarenko, because it is easier to tell youself that you lose because of injury and not because your opponent plays much better

Neither. And Bartoli really played much better. Especially first set and second after Vika's little wake up moment.

:rolleyes:I guess all those making excuses about vika's cramp failed to see/chose to ignore Bartoli having problems with her left arm (possibly also cramp)

I agree Marion was the one who seemed uncomfortable and a little tired... the way she started sweating after the first long rally :confused: I was watching the match with my parents and even them looked worried a little about her for a while, but she recovered. :)

I'm happy Vika's loss is with Bartoli, because she is one of my favorites too, now hope she wins again :worship::worship:

Too bad Vika's feelings, she looks tired, really, good for her this pause. :hug:

YES! :D

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:41 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=180039

I understand all that -- most of the names are pretty big to me no ; I'm not really into men's tennis --

You have to put things in context too, this was Vika's first year with a major with probably more experience she might pull off these kinds of achievements.

Her career doesn't end now.

It's amazing how reasonable you become when it's your fave who loses. :tape:

I'm always reasonable -- ;) You just have to search if it's not obvious at first sight. ;)

That's all true, but also Vika wasn't that close to winning 'em both :lol: W and QF, I'm pretty sure that happened like a million of times :D and W & SF and W & F :)

:lol: Well we agree -- ;) she tried her best, Bartoli is just the worst opponent in terms of mentality contrary to Cibulkova :awww: good part of this win for her is certainly due to that.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Where's that petition then? :fiery:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/justiceformarycherry/

:oh:

Jane Lane
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:45 AM

OMG I LOVE YOU :hysteric::sobbing:

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:46 AM
If you look through history I bet most Slams (not all) are won through favourable draws. Itīs just that if you do it ten times you are great and if you do it once you are lucky (in the eyes of many fans).
Ai Sugiyama,Lindsay Davenport, Serena Williams in 2004 was a cakewalk for Sharapova?
or Lindsay Davenport, Henin, Jelena Janković,Ana Ivanović in 2008 AO ?

Previously WTA Slams were as hard to win as mens today , Nowadays the one, who is fit on this exact tournament can be a winner

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:46 AM

"Signed" :lol: :oh:

Sund7101
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Bravo Marion! Such a good win for her. Tough task against Radwanska now, but anything can happen.

Lorthos
I hate Bartoli. I really wished for Aga to be the one who ends Vika's streak. She's the only one who deserved it.

Charlatan

:lol:

hingisGOAT
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Wow. Marion blasted Vika right back to the firey(crotch) depths of hell from where she came.

Must say that Azarenka pretending to be "injured" or whatever that act was at the end of the match was PATHETIC. And apparently she was crying? LOL. Not to mention her coach blatantly cheated. All in all, the Vika camp left a very bad taste in my mouth after this match. Apparently the Miami crowd agrees with me, because (as usual) nobody cheered for her. :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:49 AM
7 signatures already. The people have spoken.

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Djokovich? who outplayed him? Federer, Nadal? they are Great Grand Slam Champions!!! how is it compared with Cibulkova , which made from Vika a clown in first set and 70% of second set?

For me it is clear that against Azarenka any top player , who is fit and ready enough not to make many UE is a favorite , because not Azarenka is winning matches, but all her opponents are losing, playing really bad

I guess if Caroline met Azarenka in Miamy she would won either

Did you actually watch any of Djokovic's matches outside those vs Federer and Nadal? Off top of my head I remember him getting outplayed for a set as you've put it vs Berdych, Lopez. Was down a set and a break vs Bellucci in Madrid ffs. Lopez, Bellucci hardly world beaters are they? No different to Cibulkova.

And in your 2nd part it seems your looking for a player who simply doesn't exist? One that just hits winners but makes no errors? Certainly there is no-one who fits your description all the time right now. And to say all of her 26 opponents just gifted her the match "playing really bad" is laughable really.

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:52 AM
"Signed" :lol: :oh:

You signed it twice. :lol:

gc-spurs

Fucking good call, well done. Buy a 58 inch full HD LED TV

Patrick345
Somebody needs to create a bitter countertroll Azarenka fan account or the haters will end like this poor dude, because nobody is biting.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BnOP43Mv_PY/R8WER1VMkFI/AAAAAAAAApM/N4bMIjt2xNk/s400/old%2Bfisherman.jpg

Pasta-Na
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Vika :hug: But some of her fans. :angel:

Utterchaos
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Did you actually watch any of Djokovic's matches outside those vs Federer and Nadal? Off top of my head I remember him getting outplayed for a set as you've put it vs Berdych, Lopez. Was down a set and a break vs Bellucci in Madrid ffs. Lopez, Bellucci hardly world beaters are they? No different to Cibulkova.

Not to mention being bageled by Nishikori on fast indoor surface and getting thrashed 3 and 1 by Ferrerat YEC, apparently because he was "tired" after his amazing year.

Djokovic is another physical grinder with little natural talent, who benefited from slow courts. Once he's against a talented ball striker who doesn't choke, he is helpless.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:57 AM
You signed it twice. :lol:

I wanted, but I did it only once! :lol:

SilverPersian
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that Marion was the one to end the streak. She always has to go against the grain...such an attention seeker :p:lol::worship:

Still an amazing run from Vika. I'm not really a fan, but I hope that she can get back to business in the claycourt season. Sometimes when these streaks end confidence can evaporate quickly.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Not to mention being bageled by Nishikori on fast indoor surface and getting thrashed 3 and 1 by Ferrerat YEC, apparently because he was "tired" after his amazing year.

Djokovic is another physical grinder with little natural talent, who benefited from slow courts. Once he's against a talented ball striker who doesn't choke, he is helpless.

Oh dear :facepalm: He came back from a injurie...that's why Nishikori defeated him. At YEC Ferrer played some amazing tennis. But what happened after that. Novak won AO again! :wave:

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM
And in your 2nd part it seems your looking for a player who simply doesn't exist? One that just hits winners but makes no errors? Certainly there is no-one who fits your description all the time right now. And to say all of her 26 opponents just gifted her the match "playing really bad" is laughable really.

not all...... Mona Barthel , Cibulkova played for instance well :) You need not be a Justine Henin to defeat Azarenka , it can be anyone from top 20 on a good day, who is not mentally weak

If opponent of Azarenka is playing well she has nothing to do with it except waiting when her opponent becomes tired or loses concentration.

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Yeah Iīm sure Djokovic is deeply disturbed by the fact that he only won four of the last five Slams with his limited talent and is vulnerable to every talented ballstriker that doesnīt choke. :lol:

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:04 AM

You forgot to me also Ferrer in Madrid also whom he had difficulties, actually he wasn't outplayed in the pure sense but clearly struggling.

Cajka
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah Iīm sure Djokovic is deeply disturbed by the fact that he only won four of the last five Slams with his limited talent and is vulnerable to every talented ballstriker that doesnīt choke. :lol:

At least now there's no doubts who Utterchaos actually is. :oh:

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:05 AM
not all...... Mona Barthel , Cibulkova played for instance well :) You need not be a Justine Henin to defeat Azarenka , it can be anyone from top 20 on a good day, who is not mentally weak

If opponent of Azarenka is playing well she has nothing to do with it except waiting when her opponent becomes tired or loses concentration.

Look whoever you may be, I noticed you are desperate to draw a reaction from some Azarenka fans with your trolling as shown by the fact that you already posted another message multiple times in this thread. Iīm sorry to disappoint you. Not gonna happen. :lol:

edificio
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Enjoyable match. Marion played very well. The first set was spot on. Obviously, I've seen her play better, but she kept herself together, maintained her strategy, and got the win.

I'm not sure what was going on with Vika in the second set. She'll have to say in her post-match interview. I wasn't impressed with Sam Sumyk, though. :rolleyes:

Not sure which player I would prefer to win between Aga and Marion. Probably Aga, if she plays well. But thinking of the final being either Aga/Caro, Maria/Aga, Marion/Caro, or Marion/Maria, I know I don't want to see Aga/Caro. :lol:

Infiniti2001
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:13 AM
oTs_1d-nZk8

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:13 AM
^^ I'm pretty certain that the Cibulkova match took a lot from her -- that match was as intense emotionally and physically as it could be.

NashaMasha
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Look whoever you may be, I noticed you are desperate to draw a reaction from some Azarenka fans with your trolling as shown by the fact that you already posted another message multiple times in this thread. Iīm sorry to disappoint you. Not gonna happen. :lol:
Azaranka fans are crying under the bed , so no way i can draw their reaction
The only fact i am trying to tell is that Azarenka streak is not the one Djokovich did last year , because she did not face serious resistance ... Sharapova's and Radvanska's bagels can not be considered resistance at all as well as permanently injured Kim in AO

Lulu.
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Marion. :yeah:
Nicely done.

Jane Lane
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Enjoyable match. Marion played very well. The first set was spot on. Obviously, I've seen her play better, but she kept herself together, maintained her strategy, and got the win.

I'm not sure what was going on with Vika in the second set. She'll have to say in her post-match interview. I wasn't impressed with Sam Sumyk, though. :rolleyes:

Not sure which player I would prefer to win between Aga and Marion. Probably Aga, if she plays well. But thinking of the final being either Aga/Caro, Maria/Aga, Marion/Caro, or Marion/Maria, I know I don't want to see Aga/Caro. :lol:

Sumyk was apparently notorious for that when he coached Vera. Vika's never utilized the on court coaching really at all before the last 2 matches, as far as I can recall.

The only fact i am trying to tell is that Azarenka streak is not the one Djokovich did last year , because she did not face serious resistance ... Sharapova's and Radvanska's bagels can not be considered resistance at all as well as permanently injured Kim in AO

Why am I doing this....Why am I doing this...

Our girl has vastly exceeded our expectations for this year and put together something we could have never even dreamed of and already accomplished things others will never accomplished. We have no reason to be "crying under the bed." I'm proud to call myself her fan.

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:15 AM

The Mona Barthel match was not televised, so unless your in Indian Wells you are just guessing that. By all accounts of reports it was more a mental meltdown by Vika to let Mona back in from a set and a double break up. I don't think she was getting hit off court as you put it to get up 6-4, 5-1 do you?

Who are these people in the top 20 on a good day who are not mentally weak, because it doesn't seem there are very many of them if Vika was able to notch up 26 straight wins vs all these no stamina, ue machine, mentally weak players.

Tomic
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Did Vika Injured herself

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:21 AM

I don't think anyone is claiming Azarenka's run was as good or even close to Djokovic's run. But she for sure deserves more than the zero credit your giving her for her 26 victories.

sxeraserhead
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
By all accounts of reports it was more a mental meltdown by Vika to let Mona back in from a set and a double break up.

Where are these accounts?

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Did Vika Injured herself

No just really tired.

Where are these accounts?

Was on twitter where Vika was described as having gone on mental walkabouts. I would imagine that is obvious though. I mean its pretty obvious something has changed if you've just blown a 6-4, 5-1 lead, and all of a sudden are in a 3rd set.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
What is there not to understand? So is the luck of the draw. The best player doesnīt always win.
See the point of a tournament isn't to determined objectively the best player. The idea is that you survive your part of the draw, you meet the opponent who survived his/her part of the draw und so weiter. It does hide some things like matchup issues, but it also makes it more dramatic - you win you proceed, you lose you lose everything because only the winner counts -the narrative of a tournament is to determine its winner (let's ignore financial and pint benefits for reaching deeper rounds). To determine the best player you'd probably need some sort of league system from team sports, but even then majority of them employ tournament formula (play-offs) for some extra drama and to keep the tension until the very end.

So, all in all, you don't deserve the title for taking out the #1 seed, you earn it by beating all the opponents that are thrown at you.

edificio
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:28 AM
oTs_1d-nZk8

Thanks!

Sounds really disappointed. Not surprising, of course.

sxeraserhead
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Was on twitter where Vika was described as having gone on mental walkabouts. I would imagine that is obvious though. I mean its pretty obvious something has changed if you've just blown a 6-4, 5-1 lead, and all of a sudden are in a 3rd set.

I was listening to a live broadcast of radio at the time with a commentator describing how Mona was hitting herself out of the second set before she began painting the lines consistently and was able to take the match out of Vika's control for a spurt of time. There were posters in the results thread who were present at the match and gave the same account.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Thanks!

Her streak was amazing, but not superwomanish :lol:

She is still No1, one loss is just that - ONE LOSS. Keep it going Azarenka :yeah:

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:33 AM
See the point of a tournament isn't to determined objectively the best player. The idea is that you survive your part of the draw, you meet the opponent who survived his/her part of the draw und so weiter. It does hide some things like matchup issues, but it also makes it more dramatic - you win you proceed, you lose you lose everything because only the winner counts -the narrative of a tournament is to determine its winner (let's ignore financial and pint benefits for reaching deeper rounds). To determine the best player you'd probably need some sort of league system from team sports, but even then majority of them employ tournament formula (play-offs) for some extra drama and to keep the tension until the very end.

I donīt know why you felt the need to explain something to me, that is already insinuated in the one sentence you actually bothered to quote, while you deleted the remainder of my post. :rolleyes:

ozza
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I was listening to a live broadcast of radio at the time with a commentator describing how Mona was hitting herself out of the second set before she began painting the lines consistently and was able to take the match out of Vika's control for a spurt of time. There were posters in the results thread who were present at the match and gave the same account.

That could be true of nearly any player on the receiving end though anyway not just Vika. Any player can just start swinging down 6-4, 5-1 hitting lines with nothing to lose. It doesn't all of a sudden make this a long term winning strategy. (re: my earier comments, its probs because no matter what is happening people just auto assume 6-4, 5-1 to losing the set auto = choke).

M.S.F
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:35 AM
So good to see her reach the SF again in Miami :yeah:
Think seriously about winning the title now Marion :p

hankqq
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Bartoli is just one of those players who can beat anyone when she gets on a hot streak. Not a fan, but wouldn't mind seeing her win the event :shrug:

Infiniti2001
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Thanks!

Welcome!! I just do not understand why posters harbor so much resent towards the players who I may add have achieved what they can only dream of.. So you don't care for a player--big fucking whoop. There are players I can't stand, but I refuse to waste time hating on them since it won't change a damn thing... Vika has done so well this year, and I hope she continues to improve...

tkutsaar
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:39 AM
So Aga wins Miami now? :)

No it just means that Aga will now lose to someone other than Vika.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:39 AM
I donīt know why you felt the need to explain something to me, that is already insinuated in the one sentence you actually bothered to quote, while you deleted the remainder of my post. :rolleyes:

The rest of your post still exists, I merely chose not to quote it. :P

Lorthos
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:46 AM
The WTA is to blame for Vika's loss !!!

If there was 1 week off between the two tournaments or if the draws were not those ridiculous 96 ones (but rather 56s like the other PM tournaments) then Vika's streak would still live!

THIS YEAR FEDERER AND VIKA SHOWED WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS TO THE INDIAN WELLS WINNER ! Just inacceptable and needs to be changed !!

Stonerpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:51 AM
These new users popping up :help:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:57 AM
The WTA is to blame for Vika's loss !!!

If there was 1 week off between the two tournaments or if the draws were not those ridiculous 96 ones (but rather 56s like the other PM tournaments) then Vika's streak would still live!

THIS YEAR FEDERER AND VIKA SHOWED WHAT USUALLY HAPPENS TO THE INDIAN WELLS WINNER ! Just inacceptable and needs to be changed !!

Winners of IW do have almost one week resting period :rolleyes: and since Federer won IW and Miami back to back twice he isn't a good example for what you're saying ;)

danieln1
Marion :bowdown:

Aga will be too dificult to beat though :unsure:

DemWilliamsGulls
Well alright Miss mini Seles..;) Good job.....

Charlatan
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:02 AM
when do these posters like NashaMasha, ozza and Lorthos pop out all of a sudden with the recently-joined date with fewer than 50 posts?

spiritedenergy
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
:eek:

Never expected this! Mario is the G.O.A.T. :worship: Can she win a slam?

perseus2006
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:12 AM
when do these posters like NashaMasha, ozza and Lorthos pop out all of a sudden with the recently-joined date with fewer than 50 posts?

Someone left the cover off the cesspool.

Patrick345
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Winners of IW do have almost one week resting period :rolleyes: and since Federer won IW and Miami back to back twice he isn't a good example for what you're saying ;)

No. It makes perfect sense that ideally youīd draw out the Premier Top Events and Grand Slams to give the players sufficient rest between them, and guarantee the best quality product. Unfortunately if you draw up a map that alternates between top tournaments and other tournaments in a perfect way, no top players would ever show up for the other events. If Charleston was placed between Indian Wells and Miami no elite players would play it.

tennisfan5
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Marion: "Sometimes I took the ball so early, it was almost table tennis." :) That was some SICK shotmaking in the first set

spiritedenergy
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:16 AM

your sig :facepalm:

I so hate these forum memebers who think they know everything about tennis, spend hours discussing who would beat whom at their peak, call everyone by a nickname, think they are so smart. They just look dumb.:lol:

edificio
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Marion: "Sometimes I took the ball so early, it was almost table tennis." :) That was some SICK shotmaking in the first set

:haha:

The first set had some really great hitting from her.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:18 AM
No. It makes perfect sense that ideally youīd draw out the Premier Top Events and Grand Slams to give the players sufficient rest between them, and guarantee the best quality product. Unfortunately if you draw up a map that alternates between top tournaments and other tournaments in a perfect way, no top players would ever show up for the other events. If Charleston was placed between Indian Wells and Miami no elite players would play it.

So once again, winners do have almost one week to rest. What, isn't 5 days enough??? Plus they are playing every other day... It's not like they are all exausted. There you go, Sharapova played maximum of matches at IW and is on a good way to do same here. Kim Clijsters won IW and Miami back to back. A lot of players played finals back to back. How come they weren't tired?

LUVMIRZA
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Long overdue for a well deserved break Vika:hug: Cant ask for more in the beginning of the season. Beating a record set by one of the GOATs is jus incredible:worship: Onto the Clay season now:cheer::cheer:

Well done Marion. Congrats.

Vikapower
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:40 AM

I so hate these forum memebers who think they know everything about tennis, spend hours discussing who would beat whom at their peak, call everyone by a nickname, think they are so smart. They just look dumb.:lol:

:eek:

Never expected this! Mario is the G.O.A.T. :worship: Can she win a slam?

[...] and you seem to be quick to hype players -- when Wozniacki beat Serena your first action was to create a joke thread that she was the best of generation suck --

I guaranty you posters like you get on lots of people's nerves.

Charlatan
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:43 AM

:lol: i just put those quotes in my sig to embarrass his disrespectful ass. he indeed goes around threads and name-call/mock these players.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:51 AM
vika7
today I gave all I have left in me,but wasn't enough…Marion played great and she deserve to win

:worship: THAT'S HOW YOU BEHAVE AFTER LOSING A MATCH!!!

spiritedenergy
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:53 AM
generation suck

well, my point stands. :)

spiritedenergy
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:53 AM
vika7
today I gave all I have left in me,but wasn't enough…Marion played great and she deserve to win

:worship: THAT'S HOW YOU BEHAVE AFTER LOSING A MATCH!!!

nice words:worship:

Dexter
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:57 AM
I guaranty you posters like you get on lots of people's nerves.I hope you're aware of your effect too. :tape:

ranfurly
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Marion had some amazing shot making skills.

Nice words from Vika, all good things have to come to an end however.

Mike81
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:58 AM
I knew the streak would end sometime but shame it had to be against Bartoli :weirdo: Anyway great run Vika.

spiritedenergy
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I hope you're aware of your effect too. :tape:

:lol:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Marion wins in a cake walk.

mirzafanindia
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:20 AM
noooo:devil:Vika..streak ends..and loosing to Bartoli..Congrats Bartoli..please beat Aga:)
But still amazing streak..Vika needs a break now..

LUVMIRZA
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM
The most underwhelming and uninteresting winning streak finally comes to an end.
Bartoli was aggressive for the first time in a while, with Azarenka looking her usual helpless self against an in-form offensive player. Marion was fortunate that Azarenka's fatigue struck just as the match looked to be slipping away.

Vika's reaction to the tiredness was very telling; she burst into tears and was pretty much done with the match from 3-3 0-30. Meanwhile, we have watched Venus in a similar condition all fortnight, without so much of a peep. Another reminder of the huge gulf between the outgoing generation and this current one.

wow:lol: very bitter that she beat Serena's record, arent u?

Venus is almost emotionless on court all the time but Vika is very emotional.