View Full Version : Miami QF: A. Radwanska def. V. Williams 6-4, 6-1

saul1333
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Great serving and passing shots :)

4th SF of the year :yeah:

AjdeNate!
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Poor Vee. She was clearly struggling today. Still, what a great week!

GoofyDuck
Venus was injured/tired. :(

RenaSlam.
Nothing left from Venus.

Aga deserves to be Top 3.

Super Dave
Venus completely dead on her feet. That was so painful to watch.

Lulu.
Aga. :)
Huge win.

Steff_forever
Aga just hit 7 UEs :hatoff:

Apoleb
NID.

Courts are too slow for Granny to hit through her.

Hayato
Radwanska - 17W/7UE, Venus - 29W-33UE

Radwanska has improved so much this year, hope she makes the final. :yeah:

18majors
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Venus completely dead on her feet. That was so painful to watch.

You're so right.

Kworb
Good job Aga taking advantage of this Venus. :bounce:

Serenus Christ
Venus still proving she is the best volleyer the game has ever seen.
:worship:

Macomere
she had nothing left to give :shrug: great Effort Venus, 3 Three set matches in your very first event back, and still made the QFs..Inspiring :hug: ..see you in Charleston :cheer:

good luck Aga

Chakvenus
Sad for Venus, she really just had nothing to give today, but she tried her hardest. Great tournament nonetheless.

Happy for Aga, but only just, really. We all know what's going to happen in the SF.

TheBoiledEgg
That didn't look good :(
Sorry sight
Now Vika must win tonight.

Petkorazzi
She better not fucking dare to blame Venus for faking the injury.

Miracle Worker
Venus' smile in the end :D

I will kill you next time. And now, the smile.

Shaboinka84
Good event for Venus

Si_Hi
No Williams sisters in the semis...:eek:

nfl46
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Great job, Venus! I am proud of you! Such a LONG week she has had...way too many three setters. On the bright side, Venus ranking increase!

Wiggly
Interesting.
The Old Generation isn't able to hit through the New/Defensive Generation anymore.

sxeraserhead
Expected result, Aga too consistent for 5% Venus, even then the match was mostly on Venus's racket.

Simugna Help
Solid stuff from Aga, I can't understand why people couldn't see this result coming.

BH both wings
I still wonder how that half-dead Williams got so far in the tournament. It's not that she was in a better condition in the previous matches.

Landon92
No matter.
Haters, believe me, numbers doesn't lie.
Radwanska 1st set vs Venus - 11 winners.
Li, whole match against Sharapova - 4 winners.
Sharapova, whole match against Li - 6 winners.
One question - who is a pusher? :oh:

TheDream
Aga played great. Very impressive. Aggressive when she needed to be, and used her variety well and good play at net.

Stonerpova
Can't believe so many people picked Venus to win this. She looked tired against Ivanovic, and unlike Ana Radwanska is intelligent enough to test Williams' mobility/fitness. Good win for Aga.

Venus was inspiring this whole week. Nice to see her back.

MajesticVenus
Practically watching someone being tortured. Serving first serves around the 85-99 range basically summarized how she was playing. No movement at all, but some great volleys. Venus, we are proud of you. We must accept that Venus Ebony Starr Williams is not going to appear in every single match. Wozniak couldn't capitalize, but Radwanska is WAY smarter.

Credit to Radwanska for using her brains throughout the match. Good luck in the semifinal.

Slutiana
Depressing stuff from Venus from the first point. Could barely move and was out there PEAK "Dump Truck" Davenport look like an Olympic-level sprinter.

Radwanska is so hilariously local. Every single time she just placed the ball remotely close to the line she won the point, yet she only intentionally did it about 3 times in the entire match. It was only until Venus started missing that she ran away with the match. Pitiful.

Adrian.
Aga played really good and hit many clear winner :bowdown::cheer:
I know that Venus wasn't near 100%, but still you first have to play/beat Venus :shrug:

Venus :hug::hug::hug:

aguy9797
Thank you Aga!!!

Finally smart, focused player we love to watch.

Great serves, great depth, great mental strength.

Congratulations for putting it together :worship::worship:

Simugna Help
http://i43.tinypic.com/33wqsuo.jpg
I didn't grab match stats though.

crazillo
I really think Venus is pushing it to the utmost limit, and I respect that. However, I cannot see her competing beyond the Olympics.

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Interesting.
The Old Generation isn't able to hit through the New/Defensive Generation anymore.

We already knew this, IW and Miami courts azre way too slow bring on the clay season and grass one.

delicatecutter
Yes!!!! Great job Aga!! Win the tournament! :kiss:

Aga hit more winners than Vika and Caro in fewer games. :bowdown:

saul1333
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg860/scaled.php?tn=0&server=860&filename=xj67.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg38/scaled.php?tn=0&server=38&filename=vkuu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

zxcVbnm88
Venus without 1st serves and movement. Hope she'll be alright soon.........

Irute
Well done Aga :yeah:; I hope it means a lot for her confidence.
Still great tournament for Vee; feel sad a little about the breadstick. I hope she will do better in the next tournament.

Antoshka
Vee looks tired, but still fought to the end! Aga played well!

starin
Venus was completely dead.
I just don't know how she's going to last in the clay season. Just going to have to wait and see.
And I guess Generation Suck is coming into their own. May there rule be short and quickly replaced by talented ball strikers and athletes.

StoneRose
WD Aga, played very well :cheer:. She's really stringing good results together for quite some time now. Venus was clearly tired, it's not easy to play with so little match rhythm and possibly a flare up of that syndrome, still good run :yeah:.

Sexysova
Venus was really bad today and she couldn't move, that's a shame :(

congrats Aga, well played :yeah:

Adrian.
She better not fucking dare to blame Venus for faking the injury.

Bitter hater, shut up! :bigwave:

Tennisation
No matter.
One question - who is a pusher? :oh:Li didn't allow Sharapova to hit much winners because right when Sharapova was about to hit a winner, Li self destruct and hit an error.

Gilas.
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Vinas was completely out of it in the second :hug: Well done Aga for getting it done :)

Raiden
Upside down world! Oldnus outaced by A-Rad

Anyways... the best thing about the match was that one hot Latina ballgirl

MB.
Aga :hearts:

Roookie
The Williams Sisters beaten by the tour's ultimate pushers at their home tournament :haha:

Nicolás89
Great Aga :hearts:

But Venus was clearly too tired to compete today.

Shivank17
Vee :bigcry: :sobbing:

Good Lord , what on earth is happening, William sisters getting bundled out by Pushers?! :hysteric:

Infiniti2001
Venus exceeded my expectations, and so I am not at all disappointed... Rest up Miss Vee-- I still :hearts: you :kiss: Meanwhile, congrats Aga--too bad your win put you in position for another beatdown from Azaenka :lol:

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Venus played about "10%" in this match.
Can't believe Radwanska gave Venus 5 games.

zxcVbnm88
No matter.

Venus could barely move.... she just stood there and watched the ball

Inger67
I loved Venus' style of play today. Mary Jo said it, if she can actually get HEALTHY completely to the point where she doesn't feel as fatigued, and she goes to the net as often as she does --> she is going to be tough to beat.

Congrats to Aga, she played very well today. Can't be too upset from Venus, she had an amazing tournament. Something I think few of us expected. Congrats Aga. Hopefully you can beat Azarenka and Caro wins as well :)

Si_Hi
I think all the clear winners from radwanska were mostly the results of venus being too tired to move.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM
nice one aga, clever performance as usual and clean victory over vinas :bowdown:
so happy to be into the semis here :) keep winning!

MBM
inspiring tournament from venus. can't be too disappointed as a fan. i thought this sort of performance was awaiting her on court in R1

Excelscior
NID

Was Venus tired (not to take away from Aga)?

Nonetheless, congrats Aga Radwanka

Hayato
Radwanska is so hilariously local. Every single time she just placed the ball remotely close to the line she won the point, yet she only intentionally did it about 3 times in the entire match. It was only until Venus started missing that she ran away with the match. Pitiful.

Absolute rubbish.

Infiniti2001
NID.

I hope you don't take offense when anyone calls you grandpa when or if you get to Venus's age :rolleyes:

olivero
First set was very entertaining, the second was meh...
It's a shame Venus was visibly tired. I can't really celebrate Aga's win because of that.
I'm just glad Agnieszka played well today, was very solid, had some lovely winners. Positive things before the match with Azarenka :yeah:

Good tournament from Venus. Beating Petra and Ana on her comeback is a great result. Rest now Vee:hug:

Landon92
No matter.
The fact is, Radwanska hit more winners in one set than both Sharapova and Li in whole match against in each other.
That's the fact and truth. :oh:

lizchris
The Williams Sisters beaten by the tour's ultimate pushers at their home tournament :haha:
And they still have 8 Miami titles between them and the people who beat them have 0.0

Shivank17
No matter.

Surely Li and Martha are the useless , slamless :oh: pushers here. :worship:

Its just Lady Agatha, the aggressive dominating multiple slam champ who is in the league of her own. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Pump-it-UP
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Still just great to have Venus back at this point. Even on her bad days like this.

Now please withdraw from Charleston.

Rex59
This is a sickly Venus, physically not ready to play sports. She's done well to have gotten as far as she has in the event, given her physical condition. The change of diet has cleared up her facial appearance to look fresh-faced, looking nice. But, physically her body constitution appears weak, movement lethargic in spots, even to walk back to start the next game she's walking slowly. It's sad for me as a fan of Venus to see this. However, she gave it a great shot.

Betten
Still a good first tournament.

homogenius
Good match from Radwanska.
Venus had a great run here, better than anything she could have expected so she should be very satisfied (btw she should play more often like today : charging the net whenever she has an opportunity)

Charlatan
Vee :hug: getting to a QF after the long hiatus is definitely a big step to the long journey. Hope to get to see your presence more on court soon :)
and congrats, aga. hope she could do something this time if you meet vika

Nicolás89
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:41 PM

That's why she made 17 winners & made Venus hit 18 FORCED errors. :lol:

Steff_forever
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
keep it up Agnieszka, well done here !

if the Williams sisters still think they could show up every little now and then at GSs and Ps just to collect final points as in earlier stages of their careers they are unwordly. They got older and their bodies don't adjust as fast anymore as 2 or 3 yrs ago.
So this defeat is just a broad hint to adjust earlier.

Aga did just exploit this lack of physical fitness with an exhaustive game. So: really well done Aga !

hope Vee gets totally fit for 2 x London !

doomsday

17 dropshots you mean.

Tenis Srbija
Still, great tournament for Vee! Looking forward to seeing her improve her win % on the clay :oh:

Landon92
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I saw one :)

Michael!
Venus :hug:
well, had to expect sth like that sooner or later, she just was too tired today, already was before but this time it was just too much, no serve anymore as well and then it is just awful if you have to play a player like Radwanska!

Still a great tournament for her obviously, now it will be interesting to see where she plays next and how quickly she is able to recover from it all!

darrinbaker00
NID.

I saw no "Granny" out on the court today. I saw a 31-year-old woman get outclassed by the #4 player in the world.

Macomere

laugh now..Vika is gonna skin her alive tomorrow :o

Specter
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Good stuff, Aga! :cheer:

BluSthil
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Aga played very well and composed. Her record this year speaks for itself. Venus was frustrated more than anything else. Anyone could see that she was striking the ball very hard, just not accurately most of the time. A lot of that had to do with Aga's ball placement.

Nalby fan
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:45 PM
As someone who suffers from chronic fatigue,I can only tip my hat to what Venus has achieved in this tournament. She obviously had nothing left in the tank for this match. :hug:

Good luck in the next round Aga. :bounce:

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Now watch Radwankz get bagelled by Azarenka..

DiscoStick
"NiD". Radwanska is playing the tennis of her life, Venus isn't. Simple as.

Mahon_Lorcan
Haters :wavey:

Aga played very well today. What a smart players she is! :) Well done polish girl! :) Good luck in the second round! :)

HippityHop
Venus exceeded my expectations, and so I am not at all disappointed... Rest up Miss Vee-- I still :hearts: you :kiss: Meanwhile, congrats Aga--too bad your win put you in position for another beatdown from Azaenka :lol:

Agreed.

On the other had had Venus gotten to the semis there would have been consternation about how terrible the tour is for allowing a 31 year old who is fighting a debilitating syndrome to get so far. And Lord knows had she made the final the wails of indignation would have been heard into the next century.

When both Venus and Serena lost at Wimby last year I believe it was McEnroe who said that it was a good thing because it would have really made the women's tour look bad had one of them won it all after being out for so long.

hingisGOAT
Here go the Venus tards with the "tired" excuses! Better get used to it, because Venus will be "tired" every time she loses a match for the rest of her career, apparently :spit: All I'm gonna say is that Venus' statistics were MUCH cleaner than is normal for her. A -3 differential is better than even "peak Venus" who would litter up the unforced error column even when at her best.

As for Radwanska, this result was NID as she is clearly a different player than she was two years ago.

BH both wings
Must have been pretty interesting for Radwanska to once play an opponent who is the opposite of contemporary tennis: No athleticism what so ever, no groundstrokes, no serve. But extremely confident at the net, flawless with smashes and with the instincts of an old fox. Too bad for Williams that Radwanska is one of the few players that adapt to the task.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:47 PM

:facepalm: Seriously?

Banditoo
Venus still inspires me. That 31 years old woman still does what she wants to do. She does what she loves -playing tennis and don't think about what people saying. She is one of the greatest tennis player I've ever watches!

Cinek
Aga :hearts:

For haters :nerner::
http://i39.tinypic.com/264iec7.gif

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
And Venus made a wrong choice for today's outfit!!

Why would you wear "BLACK" in the middle of the day?
A lighter colour would be best.

Shivank17
No matter.
The fact is, Radwanska hit more winners in one set than both Sharapova and Li in whole match against in each other.
That's the fact and truth. :oh:

There is another fact though Martha owns Radwanska 7-1, what explains that now? :eek: I mean :tape:

There are too many more facts which you wouldn't want me to bring up. :)

matty
As someone who suffers from chronic fatigue,I can only tip my hat to what Venus has achieved in this tournament. She obviously had nothing left in the tank for this match. :hug:

Good luck in the next round Aga. :bounce:

I hear yah, it's amazing to me that she even steps out on the court everyday.

Congrats to Aga--crafty as always.

Jim20
Love Agnieszka. :)

Great match win or lose, but I'm glad she won.

And I agree -- great job by Venus throughout the tournament.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
WS pushed to death by Polish Pushers. :o

Vinas would've collected this wig if she had something left in the tank.

AliceMariaRenka
People are saying how sad it is for Venus. But she played some inspired tennis - the likes of which no one else can play. This is her first tournament back and it took a top 5 player to play at their best to beat her. I hope we all get the chance to see Venus back on top form again - she would win Wimbledon.

winone23
Great fight this week Venus, happy you made it as far as you did!

Infiniti2001
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Here go the Venus tards with the "tired" excuses! Better get used to it, because Venus will be "tired" every time she loses a match for the rest of her career, apparently :spit: All I'm gonna say is that Venus' statistics were MUCH cleaner than is normal for her. A -3 differential is better than even "peak Venus" who would litter up the unforced error column even when at her best.

As for Radwanska, this result was NID as she is clearly a different player than she was two years ago.

Still the juvenile who has had countless profiles on this forum :lol:

StephenUK
How many times does it happen that Serena and Venus have a bad defeat in the same round!

Venus did really well to get to the quarters of this event, considering her ranking and who she had to beat, and she has now gained sufficient ranking points to secure direct entry into Roland Garros and Wimbledon, which is a major boost. She must have strengthened her Olympic chances majorly as well.

But this tired performance still begs the question as to how far she can last in tournaments before she peters out, especially slams. Venus is clearly a top 20 level player on this standard, but the question is whether she can physically do the hard slog to become a major force in the game again on a general basis.

olivero
17 dropshots you mean.

it just shows you didn't watch a match and you're talking BS :spit: Aga had like 1 or 2 dropshot winners

darrinbaker00
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
And Venus made a wrong choice for today's outfit!!

Why would you wear "BLACK" in the middle of the day?
A lighter colour would be best.

Yes, the outfit is why she lost. Radwanska's superior play had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. :yeah:

V-MAC
Congrats to Aga. I liked her muted celebration too;)

So unbelievably proud of Vee for battling her way to the quarter-finals:worship: The writing was on the wall from the first set though as Vee was just pushing the first serve in, too weak to go full tilt on it.
Anyway, I'm just thrilled to have her back:bounce:

Charlatan
NID.

i really hope someone ban your disrespectful ass. 'granny' 'stinkgis' 'crapova' seriously

AliceMariaRenka
NID.

1. Venus is not a Granny.
2. The reason you give is not why she lost.

:wavey:

Slutiana
Most of the winners she hit were reaction passing shots after Venus' countless attempts to bluff her way to the net. If you learn how to properly read, you'll notice that I included an "intentionally". I was only referring to the neutral rallies where Radwanska simply hit straight down the middle which allowed Venus (who was still struggling to move even to balls right on her racket) to hit all those winners and salvage 5 games out of it.

Kim's_fan_4ever
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Great performance Agnieszka :worship:

Hurley
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:53 PM
The last match Radwanska will play NOT being seeded to get to the SF for quite some time, and she did it anyway.

Now SFs are going to be a regularity for her, given her future draws, so anyone who is aghast/offended/confused regarding her presence in the Top 4...had better get used to it. :o

xr6turbo

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llxabwrOX81qg39ewo1_500.gif

BluSthil
Homme:

Would that be a surprise ? I don't think so. I suspect that Aga will be ready. Whether or not she can steal the thunder from Vika is doubtful.

treufreund
Aga is my favorite player since Justine retired, but anyone can see that Venus was very dead tired... Still a lot of girls would find a way to lose because you sod till need some good tennis skills and tennis IQ to defuse Venus's power and net approaches. Aga haters are not noticing all the great shots she hit.. Fabulous knee deep, depth, hitting the ball down the line and SHORT on purpose to spread out the court, great drop shots, some fabulous running forehands, good volleys, really great placement on the serve. I mean, come on, Aga is not explosively powerful like Venus or Clijsters but her game has a lot that is tough to deal with and when that ball sat up high she was not afraid to hit a forehand winner or backhand winner or take a shot and follow it into the net. How many girls (yes including Woz) just restart the point and don't play aggressive?

No reason to hate on either player. Venus should have lost to Wozniak but Wozniak choked like crazy. Venus then beat Ivanovic because Ivanovic has ZERO backhand. I think Venus really showed a much better fight and determination here than Serena did and she should be commended. Aga was never gonna make all the mistakes like Ivanovic or be the poor mover that Wozniak was. She is just too solid and too confident if your game is not at its best. She still hasn't lost to anyone not name Victoria this year.

BH both wings
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I saw no "Granny" out on the court today. I saw a 31-year-old woman get outclassed by the #4 player in the world.

Williams is just 31? Wow, she looked really old out there. I hope she didn't come back too soon ...

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Great effort by Venus throughout the tournament. Wins over Kvitova, Ivanovic, Date-Krumm and Wozniak show she still has a lot to offer this game and is no pushover.

Obviously Aga was a step further up for Venus and one she wasn't able to handle but there really shouldn't be any shame in that. Aga has still only lost to world number one Azarenka this year and anyone who can't see how much her game has improved in the last nine months simply isn't paying attention. The serve is crisper, the volleying is better and Aga is playing very within herself these days.

This result never looked in doubt but Venus did make it fun with her netrushing and once again I can only say I am full of admiration of how well Venus handled what must be a terribly difficult condition to live with.

Martian KC
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Venus had all the reason to be tired and I don't blame her for being tired. But Aga played a smart game.

hingisGOAT
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Still the juvenile who has had countless profiles on this forum :lol:

In my 6 years on TF, more of your posts have been conspiracy theories about ME than about TENNIS. What a strange stalker you are. I feel like a celebrity :bounce: Stay as pressed as your fave

http://i42.tinypic.com/vhc501.gif

dsanders06
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Well, I'm not even going to try and pretend Venus didn't vastly exceed my expectations and made me eat humble pie this week. And well done to her - she actually even won me over to an extent, I actually was a little awed by the way she fought back and willed herself to play decently in the match against Ivanovic and pull out a win after starting so horrendously - I hadn't seen that kind of intensity and never-say-die attitude from her since atleast that 2005 Wimbledon.

Her fans are still kidding themselves if they think there's a magic cure that's going to wipe away the fatigue and make her the player she was in her early 20s -- but that said I can see her maybe making the semis and getting some big scalps at Wimbledon this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see her skip the entire claycourt season though (except maybe RG itself), the long rallies will kill her, especially bearing in mind she wouldn't even get days off between matches like she got here.

(And no, this post wasn't sarcastic :p )

dsanders06
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, and I hope Radwanska enjoyed vulturing the last significant glut of points she's going to get until the grasscourt season :drool:

Cosmic Voices
omfg agatha :sobbing:
ive just got in from a long day at work and you've fucking done this

AMAZING :worship:

Dodoboy.
Venus, well done. Inspiring all tournament, it's been great to see her back. I'll enjoy every match and take it one match at a time as a fan, we don't know who's coming out.

Venus literally has to be half-gone to lose to Radwanska, today proves it. Aga is a MUCH better player this year though, I hope Vee can play her energised soon! Serve and forehand have improved heaps and bounds.

This year will be tough as a Venus fan, I'm going to have to try to enjoy it, even on days like this.

miffedmax
This was a great tournament for Venus, and while I'm hardly an Aga fan I'm not so blinded by hate as to see any shame in losing to a Top 4 player in your first tournament back after a long layoff. It's not easy to hit through Rad, and that was going to make this a tough match-up for Vee.

If you'd told me "quarterfinal" when this tournament opened, I'd have said "Thank you very much."

Congrats to both women, even though at some point I'll have to want Aga to lose to a LOB member.

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Near her best Vee lost to the world #4, no drama -- she was dismantled in every department today by a superior technician, tactician ; Pep Guarduola must be anything but proud, Barçawanska.

Aside, these kinds of spouts always happen in big tournaments when a top 120 player kind of plays the matches of their life and fades away as soon as they meet a relevant player and superior shot-maker than them. 17-7 I think ?

Radwanska extinguished both, Muguroza (?) the Spaniard and Vee without a sweat --

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Yes, the outfit is why she lost. Radwanska's superior play had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it. :yeah:

:rolleyes:

Homme:

Would that be a surprise ? I don't think so. I suspect that Aga will be ready. Whether or not she can steal the thunder from Vika is doubtful.

Vika is an amazing champion! Seen Aga's competion lately?
Srojerns Williams
Mug Blanco
Soler

Williams is just 31? Wow, she looked really old out there. I hope she didn't come back too soon ...

You want her to come back when she is like what? 36years old @Brazil Olympics?
She will obviously retire after the USO 2012. If not after the Olympics.

edificio
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Venus was shot. As soon as she stepped on the court, I thought, not going to happen today. Too much tennis in too short of a time after being so long gone.

Anyway, Venus had a great tournament, and now hopefully Aga can do something in her next match. But, tennis gods, please don't have another Aga/Vika final! I cannot take it!

Adrian.
Oh, and I hope Radwanska enjoyed vulturing the last significant glut of points she's going to get until the grasscourt season :drool:

I will remind you soon :bigwave:

matty
No matter.

one match does not make a pusher not a pusher :scratch:

Another words, in the past, she's pretty much been a defensive pusher, but when she plays more aggresively, she gets more winners. It's apparent that she's improved her serve and possibly got together with Woz ;) and decided they can rule the courts if they stop with the pusher, human backboard stuff. And this is not to detract from Aga--she's obviously a talented, smart player--people just like to see blazin' fast winners zip through the court (even if they come from Woz and Aga)--somehow it is more exciting for us than someone who can run everything down until their opponent makes an error.

TheDream
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Dsanders, you do realize Venus will get over 48 hours off in Grand Slams right? That didn't happen here, but no matter what shape Venys was in, she would have trouble in this match with the way Aga played. Hingis, a similar player, used to challenge a much younger and fitter Venus routinely.

Macomere
In my 6 years on TF, more of your posts have been conspiracy theories about ME than about TENNIS. What a strange stalker you are. I feel like a celebrity :bounce: Stay as pressed as your fave

shouldn't you be out making another cocaine run for your 'Legend' :o

fouc
NID win in a very convincing style. 17-7 is more than enough. Vee was a shadow, but the fact that Aga hit more winners in one set than Sharapova and Li combined in 2 says a lot about a regular level of the quality players and the tour itself right now.

xr6turbo
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tumblr_lc5o3fVfs51qas2h4o1_500.gif

Infiniti2001
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM

A multimillionaire pressed?? :lol: For an arrogant queen , I am disappointed you don't know the meaning of the word :rolls:
http://i39.tinypic.com/hswftg.jpg

BH both wings
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes:
You want her to come back when she is like what? 36years old @Brazil Olympics?
She will obviously retire after the USO 2012. If not after the Olympics.

I want her to come back when she is fit enough. She wasn't in this tournament. And that doesn't help her at all for the Olympics or the Slams.

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Same old, same old......As soon as Ree lose - Vee follows :rolleyes:

CWTennis
Well done Aga! :)
Venus :hug: she's still a great fighter! :worship:

http://i39.tinypic.com/264iec7.gif

:hearts:

matty
shouldn't you be out making another cocaine run for your 'Legend' :o

Venus is still playing at age 31, has more slams and Hingis was banned for drug use--how can you compare the 2?

Irute
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
NID win in a very convincing style. 17-7 is more than enough. Vee was a shadow, but the fact that Aga hit more winners in one set than Sharapova and Li combined in 2 says a lot about a regular level of the quality players and the tour itself right now.

Why so many mentions about the Sharapova/Li match and number of winners there? There was no opportunity for winners in that match unlike here :shrug:

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I want her to come back when she is fit enough. She wasn't in this tournament. And that doesn't help her at all for the Olympics or the Slams.

A person with Sro will never be fit.
Joint's could swell up anytime.

You mean she wasn't fit when she beat KDK?
or when she bagelled Kvitova?
or the last 2 sets vs Ivanovic?

SoBizarre
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Two ladies played nice match of tennis - no shrieking, no yelling, no acting crazy. Younger and fitter brought her best game to the court and won.

Congratulations to Aga for this great result. :yeah:

PetraReeMona
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Glad for Aga, but feel really sad for Venus. It's just awful seeing her suffer like that. She pushed herself so hard :sad: .

Rest up Venus and do what you can :hug:

olivero
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Near her best Vee lost to the world #4, no drama -- she was dismantled in every department today by a superior technician, tactician ; Pep Guarduola must be anything but proud, Barçawanska.

Aside, these kinds of spouts always happen in big tournaments when a top 120 player kind of plays the matches of their life and fades away as soon as they meet a relevant player and superior shot-maker than them. 17-7 I think ?

Radwanska extinguished both, Muguroza (?) the Spaniard and Vee without a sweat --

:facepalm:

Mixal
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
See my signature? Yep, that's what The Vulture feasted on today.

Oh well... It had to happen sooner or later. Venus actually had her chances in the 1st, but Radwanska served well, and since Venus could barely move...

But Venus played with her experience out there, and I'm really disappointed she did it two years too late. When I remember her losses in 2010 :tape: Now her body just can't hold up. She should skip the whole clay season, give everything at Wimbledon and say goodbye. I mean, it would be great if she could compete, but I doubt it. Btw, I feel like she was losing weight with each match this week. She looked like Kenyan long-distance runner today.

Radwanska didn't have to do much. Venus could barely hit BH at all. She played well on important points, though.

Btw, when was the last time Venus won her match after Serena lost? :(

Vika-Aga-Caro-Sharapova... Ew. Please Bartoli or Maria :hysteric:

tejmeglekvár
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
This was sad to watch.

Miami is like the swan song of old guards.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
No matter.

You're such an idiot.

fouc
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Why so many mentions about the Sharapova/Li match and number of winners there? There was no opportunity for winners in that match unlike here :shrug:

there were no opportunities because they were shit, and that's what I said about the level of WTA right now :shrug:

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Was she always supposed to have Sjogren's? I remember reading one poster say she had it when she lost to Justine at USO 2007. If so, has it gotten worse? Because she looked just fine back then while she looked close to collapsing here.

Anyway, as Clijsters has shown, being a part-time player at this age only opens up the possibilities of all kinds of injuries. So either she pays the obvious price or plays a reasonable schedule. Too much rest will backfire on her (or Serena or Clijsters)

cn ireland
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Poor Venus:sad:

Ntosake
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Venus was clearly running on empty today, but she did well for getting this far.

I'm hoping her health will continue to improve, but for right now, I am so very proud of her run in Miami. Love ya, Vee!:hug:

Infiniti2001
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Poor Venus:sad:

Not according to how much she made for reaching the quarter final :lol:

shoparound
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Painful to watch. Venus clearly walking to balls and hitting tired shots. Gave it her all.

Irute
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
there were no opportunities because they were shit, and that's what I said about the level of WTA right now :shrug:

It takes two to play tennis (well, sometimes four). Na was MIA, not sure it says anything about Masha.

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM
It takes two to play tennis (well, sometimes four). Na was MIA, not sure it says anything about Masha.

It says that she employed the smartest strategy.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM
This was sad to watch.

Miami is like the swan song of old guards.

i know right? :sad: i miss those times

Brena
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Expected (all things considered), but still :awww:

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Venus made me sad today I think its truely over for her...
Radwanska is so boring to watch, she has a high serve percentage but its only because its all slower than 90mph, its going to get thumbed if someone is in better form, she really did not do anything in this match as venus could hardly move and hit errors, I mean is this the current state of womens tennis to be boring, Miami lays in ruins as wozniacki will make final and I bet radwanska makes final as well.

Myggen
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Venus was not in any kind of form to play tennis today. That taken into account it is safe to say that this is a horrible matchup for Azarenka. She just can't handle the top players who hit flat and big. If Venus had been fit today she would have won very very easily.

Matt01
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Polish Superstar beat local US girl :devil:

Steff_forever
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Two ladies played nice match of tennis - no shrieking, no yelling, no acting crazy. Younger and fitter brought her best game to the court and won.

Congratulations to Aga for this great result. :yeah:

nothing to add :hatoff:

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Venus was not in any kind of form to play tennis today. That taken into account it is safe to say that this is a horrible matchup for Azarenka. She just can't handle the top players who hit flat and big. If Venus had been fit today she would have won very very easily.

I think this is true, if she had played aga in 2nd or 3rd round she would have won, she was rolling her serve in and struggling to get to shots that bartoli would of got too really.

Adrian.
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:42 PM

:facepalm:

cescsas
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Great result for Radwanska! but we unfortunately all know what's going to happen next, Let's see if she can try for 3 games this time.

John.
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Great tournament Venus and she should leave here with her head held high.

GL in the SF Aga

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I think this is true, if she had played aga in 2nd or 3rd round she would have won, she was rolling her serve in and struggling to get to shots that bartoli would of got too really.

Williams got past 3rd round only because her opponent choked, the result of today's match wouldn't be different had it been played a few days ago.

gaja kesari
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Great result for Agnieszka, but such a shame to see Venus so tired. Nevertheless, QF of the first tournament back is very good :D

Venus made me sad today I think its truely over for her...
Radwanska is so boring to watch, she has a high serve percentage but its only because its all slower than 90mph, its going to get thumbed if someone is in better form, she really did not do anything in this match as venus could hardly move and hit errors, I mean is this the current state of womens tennis to be boring, Miami lays in ruins as wozniacki will make final and I bet radwanska makes final as well.

:rolleyes: Why bother to type so much nonsense?

It's not truly over for Venus. Radwanska is not boring to watch. Her serves are not all slower than 90mph. She did do quite a lot in this match. Miami doesn't 'lay in ruins', etc., etc...

And by the way, to make the final Radwanska would have to (most probably) beat Azarenka, at the fifth time of asking this year. So I hope you are right on at least one account :lol:

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:47 PM
This tournament was a great effort from Venus, especially seeing how she needs to get her ranking up.

It is a bit alarming that she's so wiped out after 4 matches in seven days (is this right?). Hopefully her body will adjust to more matches, because it isn't easier at any other tournament on the calendar, and I doubt she'll be lucky enough to get Date-Krumm as an opening match and play someone like Wozniak (no offense) in the later rounds.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Vee :hug: Still an amazing return to the courts after all she's been through :worship:

WB to the Top 100 :bounce: I really hope she plays Charleston :)

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Great result for Agnieszka, but such a shame to see Venus so tired. Nevertheless, QF of the first tournament back is very good :D

:rolleyes: Why bother to type so much nonsense?

It's not truly over for Venus. Radwanska is not boring to watch. Her serves are not all slower than 90mph. She did do quite a lot in this match. Miami doesn't 'lay in ruins', etc., etc...

And by the way, to make the final Radwanska would have to (most probably) beat Azarenka, at the fifth time of asking this year. So I hope you are right on at least one account :lol:

:yeah:

LoveFifteen
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM

What?! :unsure:

Fighterpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Vee :sobbing:
NID after Serena losing :shrug: Still a good week, wins over Petra and Ana :eek:

Aga :cheer: Sorry that you have to face Vika again :hug:

dynamoRockstarr
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:57 PM
well it was three three-setters in a row...conditioning still needs to get there considering her time off the tour and sadly fatigue being a symptom of her syndrome.

Hopefully Aga can actually do something against Vika.

new-york
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Ah. Can't say that I'm not disappointed but a great week it's been. Glad to have Venus back, getting some good wins.

Really frustrating to see her so limited but I love that she is trying no matter what. She loves tennis.

Aga did well, hope she gives Vika a competitive match next round. The mouth has done some damages, now with the shots girl.

Kitten63
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Great week for Venus anyway :hug:

tejmeglekvár
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:02 PM

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f7/10887d1332196093t-bitches-watch-out-we-got-badass-over-here-meme.png

The Dawntreader
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I feared this. Ratwanska has that sort of annoying junk and laborious baseline defense to exhaust a flat-footed Venus.

The tournament has surpassed expectations though for Venus. I didn't even know if she'd last a single match ever again. It's all good.

Leo St
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:03 PM
im so sad.. specially because for me she deserved the first set, so many great shots... first serve decided the set basically, it looked like a second serve

Maddox
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Venus :worship:

On to Charleston

Chip.
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
You exceeded expectations this tournament Vee. Kudos to you. :yeah:

Well done Aga, good luck in the SF :unsure:

danieln1
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Ivanovic should watch this match 10 times to put in her stupid brain how to play against an tired/sick opponent, instead of trying to overpower her with flat shots :facepalm:

Great victory for Aga, played really, really smart, now just get the much wanted revenge against Azarenka!

hablo
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Glad Venus is back.

Can't comment on the match since I was at work... :shrug:

(Good win for Aga though.)

A'DAM
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Vee was clearly not at her best shape but she did play well in this first set! Amazing attacking game!
Well done Aga!

Laura_VeeFan
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Venus :hug: Definately surpassed my expectations this tournaments. Showed that she still has some fight left in her :yeah:

Congrats to Aga. GL against Azarenka :lol:

donellcarey
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Great Aga :hearts:

But Venus was clearly too tired to compete today.

You must be really happy by now, 2 of your favorite girls, one won yesterday, one won today:lol:.

Congrats to you, too. ;)

Didn't watch the match, I knew Radwanska's game progressed a lot in the past 12 months, so I'm not surprised. Venus is already too tired to survive a dropper and a various hitter:lol:

Great tournament Vee, prove the haters that you're still in this game.

HippityHop
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Well, I'm not even going to try and pretend Venus didn't vastly exceed my expectations and made me eat humble pie this week. And well done to her - she actually even won me over to an extent, I actually was a little awed by the way she fought back and willed herself to play decently in the match against Ivanovic and pull out a win after starting so horrendously - I hadn't seen that kind of intensity and never-say-die attitude from her since atleast that 2005 Wimbledon.

Her fans are still kidding themselves if they think there's a magic cure that's going to wipe away the fatigue and make her the player she was in her early 20s -- but that said I can see her maybe making the semis and getting some big scalps at Wimbledon this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see her skip the entire claycourt season though (except maybe RG itself), the long rallies will kill her, especially bearing in mind she wouldn't even get days off between matches like she got here.

(And no, this post wasn't sarcastic :p )

Pray tell, who thinks this? :confused: What player in their 30s is going to be the same as they were in their 20s? You made that up.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:51 PM
1st slam semifinal for aga =D

Infiniti2001
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Pray tell, who thinks this? :confused: What player in their 30s is going to be the same as they were in their 20s? You made that up.

This is his habit.. Posting shit he thinks Venus fans think or say .. We are not delusional for fucks sake--he just hates the fact that we are happy she is back on the court...

ce
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
:sad:

thrust
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:43 PM

WRONG! Navratilova was probably the greatest volleyer.

Richie's
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Aga ;)

18majors
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Radwanska gave a clinic today.

Linguae^
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Venus is too old to play Radwanska. The outcome of this match was so apparent, especially when Williams' serve is not working. The Polish pusher is defending too good, then Venus just gets lost. Tactically, it was a poor match from Williams. Now feeling bad for Ana.

LightWarrior
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Venus is too old to play Radwanska. The outcome of this match was so apparent, especially when Williams' serve is not working. The Polish pusher is defending too good, then Venus just gets lost. Tactically, it was a poor match from Williams. Now feeling bad for Ana.

That's when I realized the court is really too slow. Take the same match into Wimbledon it would have been 64 61 the other way.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Venus looked awfully slow and tired here. Its ashame because I would have rather seen even the current form of Venus take on Vika than Vika vs Rad part V. Hard to see the result changing here.

ExXotikal
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Venus looked injured from the get go and have nothing left in the tank. But you could clearly see Aga's "game" ain't shit to her and she would have stomped on that raggedy ass of hers.

Hope she gets CRUSHED by Vika.

LCS
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Agatha lucky that she ran into an exhausted Venus. She won't be as lucky next time.

I guess this leaves the door open for another Azarenka trashing.. :shrug: somebody has to take the trash out.

Leo St
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM

it has nothing to do with age but with the sindrom.. also not having her serve working is not a small detail as its her biggest weapon.. imagine if radwanska didnt have her consistency today for instance

LCS
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:34 PM

Venus is not too old for Rad. She was just too tired today after spending 8h+ on court to get to the quarters after being out of the tour since the USO..

If she had the nergy of earlier rounds this would have been a straight sets victory for Williams.

Matt01
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Agatha lucky that she ran into an exhausted Venus. She won't be as lucky next time.

Says who? :rolleyes:

Leo St
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Says who? :rolleyes:

smartass is implicit that its just a prediction.. as venus actually said, she has a game that suits pushers/grinders because she can actually come foward taking their time off

this match was really exceptional, she woke up terrible today, if shes well, thats a match up she enjoys

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Venus is not too old for Rad. She was just too tired today after spending 8h+ on court to get to the quarters after being out of the tour since the USO..

If she had the nergy of earlier rounds this would have been a straight sets victory for Williams.

Venus only got past R3 because Wozniak choked. The result wouldn't be any different had they met two rounds earlier.

Leo St
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Venus only got past R3 because Wozniak choked. The result wouldn't be any different had they met two rounds earlier.

its a lot different, she was playing bad that day, rusty and error prone, today she was in her game but didnt have the energy

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:47 PM

I understood the post you quoted as sarcasm :confused:

LightWarrior
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Venus' outfit is perfect, edgy but still stylish. Oh and the coluur-skin bra...Very subtle. And she looked good. A piece of art. Radwanska looked like a peasant next to her.

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:49 PM
its a lot different, she was playing bad that day, rusty and error prone, today she was in her game but didnt have the energy
That too, but the truth is Wozniak didn't make Venus move a lot, therefore she could stay in the match over 3 sets, but she looked extremely tired throughout that match, too.

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Venus' outfit is perfect, edgy but still stylish. Oh and the coluur-skin bra...Very subtle. And she looked good. A piece of art. Radwanska looked like a peasant next to her.

:weirdo:

PetraReeMona
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM

:secret:That poster is most probably not old enough to have ever seen Navratilova volley.

Viktymise
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Radwanska looked like a peasant.

Story of her life.

Wintermute
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Definitely saw the lack of movement and lack of a serve from Venus today. But inside she must be thrilled that she got this far and knocked off the opponents that she did. I wonder how much of today's form is indicative of her health problems and how much is just due to it being the first tournament back? When she was well set up for her shots they were still mighty impressive. Against a lesser opponent today then even with the fatigue I still think she could have got a win.

Aga played at a very good level and dealt with the situation well. Her serving was good for the most part - two consecutive aces to claim the first set. She didn't get fazed by Venus being ultra-aggressive. Excellent stats. I don't care what the detractors say, I am enjoying watching her play more and more.

Nice to see a courteous handshake with eye contact after the match too.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Thank you Aga for proving me right.:) :cheer:
Vee :hug:See you in Roland Garros.:oh:

Dan_Doe
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Venus was amazing this tourney, considering her condition. I feel sorry for her.
Now, Aga, please take your revenge against Azarenka. Wait. Vika not winning her match? :hah:

Belmont Lad
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Excellent win for Aga! :kiss:

it-girl
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I am just happy to know Venus is still giving tennis a go. For her 1st tournament back considering everything she did very well and her team should be proud. Clearly she needs to work on some things, her serve for sure and then she will not have to play so many long matches. I think things are progressing nicely for Venus and Aga did well to take advantage of this opportunity.

mdterp01
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Still a great first tournament back from the 7 time grand slam champ!!!!

RyanGuy
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Story of her life.

The story of her life is that she is a sex slave to Cristiano Ronaldo

Tomic
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Big Up too Aggie Keep it up :bounce:

Vee :sad: Sad to see her not at her best hoping she will be Healthy the rest of the season

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Thats an interesting score coming from A. Radwanska. I didn't see the match, but i'm guessing Venus played normal with UE's and probably burned out from her long matches this week. Good run, should help her in the future..I personally think this should be Venus last year after the Olympics. I know sometimes your mind says keep going but your body tells you another. We will see...;) I'll still support her when she plays though.

The 2nd Law
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Radwanska: (to Venus, the players Venus beat this week, and to TF)

http://i43.tinypic.com/x1dimg.gif

mirzafanindia
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Aga did not have to do much..Aga can beat Vee only when she is not fully fit..
Vee was very tired from the first game..too many weird errors..still a great week..goodluck in charleston..:)
Vika also out..someone please stop Aga..guess it will be Masha in the final:)

Vuvurenka
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Well done Aga :) Played very well and has improved heaps and bounds. Can expect her to be a fixture in SFs from now on.

Queen Vee :D:hug: It has been a great tournament for you, no shame in losing to a Top 4 player, already exceeded expectations to get to the QF. Please approach the net more often from now on and rest up for your next tournament.

jrollaneres25
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Interesting.

Did you see the match?:help:

jrollaneres25
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Expected result, Aga too consistent for 5% Venus, even then the match was mostly on Venus's racket.

:lol::worship:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
haters to the left, she won this so so so clearly so please :unsure:

jrollaneres25
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Depressing stuff from Venus from the first point. Could barely move and was out there PEAK "Dump Truck" Davenport look like an Olympic-level sprinter.

:sobbing::bowdown:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:04 AM

you must be blind. aga was much better than her :rolleyes:

markedman
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM

I guess this leaves the door open for another Azarenka trashing.. :shrug: somebody has to take the trash out.

Just goes to show you know very little about tennis...thinking that Azarenka was guaranteed a semi final spot. Get over it, Aga is in the SF and this year (so far) she is the second best payer on tour.

Londoner
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Well played Aga. I'm warming to her rapidly.

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Just goes to show you know very little about tennis...thinking that Azarenka was guaranteed a semi final spot. Get over it, Aga is in the SF and this year (so far) she is the second best payer on tour.

Hmmm no she isn't. Maria is, with her major final and IW final beside she is the number 2 on the RACE, not Aga despite playing twice as much :lol:

V.e.s.W
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Really proud of Venus :) That was a great comeback tournament! Hopefully she will keep improving :)

PS Will Sharapova win Miami :P

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Flawless result for Lady Aga! Congrats! :hatoff:

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Hmmm no she isn't. Maria is, with her major final and IW final beside she is the number 2 on the RACE, not Aga despite playing twice as much :lol:
Sharapova and her cakewalk draws...:tape:

LoLex
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Sharapova and her cakewalk draws...:tape:

With the draw Radwanska had in Miami, you have no right to speak about Sharapova.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:59 PM
With the draw Radwanska had in Miami, you have no right to speak about Sharapova.

Yes, let's ignore Indian Wells and who got Azarenka in QF and who got her in F.:rolleyes:

LoLex
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Yes, let's ignore Indian Wells and who got Azarenka in QF and who got her in F.:rolleyes:

Sharapova was no. 2 seed.

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Sharapova was no. 2 seed.
So? The point is, they both fell to eventual champion and the player who thoroughly owns both of them. Determining who is better this year is therefore pointless unless one of them becomes the champion in Miami. Direct clash in the final would make this even clearer (although Sharapova would still be #2 in the race).

Juanes
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
i knew it.... it was quite expected that she will win it....

madmax
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
So? The point is, they both fell to eventual champion and the player who thoroughly owns both of them. Determining who is better this year is therefore pointless unless one of them becomes the champion in Miami. Direct clash in the final would make this even clearer (although Sharapova would still be #2 in the race).

you are really eager for that final clash between the two, init?:devil:
Don't worry - I bet Maria is too and she has that inner drive to elevate her game whenever seeing that grumpy face across the net as well...

mauresmofan
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Bad luck Venus Aga played a great match still great to have Venus back and it's a great base to launch her next tournament from.

LoLex
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM

You were talking about cakewalk draws and that I was referring to. Radwanska could have improved her ranking by beating Azarenka, she didn't do that. So as you just said comparing them is pointless, unless Radwanska will make Slam final this year.

Lachy
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM
So impressed with Venus this week, once a champion always a champion! Although, I am concerned that she wont be able to string together 6 or 7 consecutive matches required to win a big tournament without feeling fatigued at some stage - nevertheless, it's really great to see her back :)

asmad77
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:51 PM

how stupid people are...ok, but u are french - its explain a lot..

Utterchaos
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I wonder how a 32 year old Radwanska would fare against 22 year old Venus.

SwingVolley93
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Great match from Aga..the way she served to win the first set..:hearts:
Great tournament for Venus, she just need to get into better playing shape.
Good luck in the SF against Bartoli :cheer:

MB.
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Expected. Venus past her prime and tired after the matches (her first of the year, I think) and Aga's been in her prime these last 6 months or so.

Win them all now, AgaRadwanfkasdkas

longtin23
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Veuns is tired, but her shot is still there and love her so much...
Hope she can improve stamina

rucolo
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Fantastic win, Aga! :banana::bounce:

6-4 6-1 is wonderful scoreline, unreal. Very strong performance :hearts:

First win over Venus since Luxembourg 2006 (the day I became an Aga fan) :yeah:

Sonja1989
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Aga :woohoo: :bounce: :yippee: :rocker2:

akosijepoy
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Fantastic win, Aga! :banana::bounce:

6-4 6-1 is wonderful scoreline, unreal. Very strong performance :hearts:

First win over Venus since Luxembourg 2006 (the day I became an Aga fan) :yeah:

Nothing against Aga but Vee was injured during that match. She could barely hit a backhand and was slicing most of the time. She immediately had left wrist surgery after that tournament.

So yeah. It seems like both of Aga's win should have an asterisk in them coz they were flukes.