PDA

View Full Version : China still hopeful. Argentina Fed Cup captain ignore Dulko and Suárez for the tie.

spiceboy
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Bettina Fulco, Argentinian Fed Cup captain has given the team to the National Federation but apparently she has left the pair out of the team.

Suárez and Dulko made themselves available but said they have not been contacted by the captain. Strange as Dulko opted not to play Fed Cup in 2012 and captain says now she should have been informed if she had changed her mind :facepalm:

Link in Spanish: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1491887&name=juan_ignacio_ceballos&cc=7586

Jane Lane
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Gisela :sobbing: Fulco also tweeted Gisela would be retiring at the end of the year but that's been confirmed nowhere so I don't know what's up with them. :shrug:

macginity
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
At first I thought that they decided not to play Fed. But I guess I'm wrong.

chingching
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Why is China hopeful. If no Dulko/Suarez, 5-0 Is likely
Peng def. Ormachaea
Zheng def. Auroux
Zheng def. Ormachaea
Peng def. Auroux
Peng/Zheng def. Ormaechaea and Auroux

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Why is China hopeful. If no Dulko/Suarez, 5-0 Is likely
Peng def. Ormachaea
Zheng def. Auroux
Zheng def. Ormachaea
Peng def. Auroux
Peng/Zheng def. Ormaechaea and Auroux

I know, right? :spit:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Gisela :sobbing: Fulco also tweeted Gisela would be retiring at the end of the year but that's been confirmed nowhere so I don't know what's up with them. :shrug:

Why would she? She still can earn nice amount of $ $ $ with her doubles game.

edificio
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
So is this some drama from the Argentine Fed Cup captain, or do Dulko/Suarez not want to play? They've been doing well so far.

Gaston_db
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Not quite true. Dulko and Suarez are announcing that they want to play in order to fulfill the Olympic Games rule about "making themselves available to play Fed Cup". In their private conversations with the Captain they have made it clear that the do not want to play.
I doubt Na li, Peng and Zheng will all three come to Argentina so there is still hope for us. Hopefully none of them will come :P

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Not quite true. Dulko and Suarez are announcing that they want to play in order to fulfill the Olympic Games rule about "making themselves available to play Fed Cup". In their private conversations with the Captain they have made it clear that the do not want to play.
I doubt Na li, Peng and Zheng will all three come to Argentina so there is still hope for us. Hopefully none of them will come :P

:rolleyes:

Tripp
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:17 AM
:rolleyes:

That's exactly what happened. It's been hinted by both players and made perfectly clear by the argentinian captain. Gisela told her she wouldn't play Fed Cup in 2012, and Paola's one and only interest resides in London 2012. She refused to play Fed Cup while she was on top of her game, so I don't see why she'd choose to play it now. That availability is only fictional, in order to be eligible for the Olympics Games.

Besides, even though I adore both Gise and Paola, I can perfectly understand Fulco's position. Even if Gisela and Paola wanted to play, she wants to play with the team that's always been available for her.

Tripp
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Here's an article that kind of explains both postures:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/blogs/index?entryID=1491887&name=juan_ignacio_ceballos&cc=7586

But let's just get this clear: Paola used to work for ESPN as a columnist and a commentator during her retirement years. After Miami's doubles QF, an ESPN journalist specifically asked her about Fed Cup and China (which is weird, given that argentinian sports journalists very often ignore the mere existence of Fed Cup). When they answered and said they were available, it was pretty obvious that they weren't being honest at all.

Here's a link to that interview:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/videohub/video/clipDeportes?id=1491237&categoryid=834453&cc=7586

Tenis Srbija
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:37 AM
That's exactly what happened. It's been hinted by both players and made perfectly clear by the argentinian captain. Gisela told her she wouldn't play Fed Cup in 2012, and Paola's one and only interest resides in London 2012. She refused to play Fed Cup while she was on top of her game, so I don't see why she'd choose to play it now. That availability is only fictional, in order to be eligible for the Olympics Games.

Besides, even though I adore both Gise and Paola, I can perfectly understand Fulco's position. Even if Gisela and Paola wanted to play, she wants to play with the team that's always been available for her.

No, I know you're right. I'm just :rolleyes: at playing with the ITF rules...

ranfurly
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:39 AM
:rolleyes: Liza Minnelli

FiBeR
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Also, Dulko and Suarez are not very welcomed among the Fed Cup team :p
Mery Irigoyen and Milu Auroux :boxing:

Let.them.talk
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Dulko DON'T want to play. And Suarez is not wanted to play, but i don't think she want.
They just want the Olimpics.

Even i'll love Argentina to win, seeing top players like Jie Zheng or Na Li live can't be a bad thing. :)

(If they come)

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Na is not coming :oh:

Shuai may not come either as she is injured :oh:

chingching
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Still, Shuai Zhang, Zheng Jie are confirmed with likely peng shuai. Who will be 4, Yi Miao zhou or shengnan

Halepsova
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
God they are so unprofessional. :rolleyes:

Uranium
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:38 PM
LOL at the sneaky shit of saying they are available, but really they don't want to play.

Can someone explain the whole 'Suarez is not wanted on the team' and 'they are not welcomed'?

I mean I get it with Gisela considering she ignores the team since their 2009 loss to US in WG, with the exception of the 2011 Group I play (which was for the Olympics).

Speaking of ignoring players, it seems AMG will be off Arantxa's Spanish team from what I gather in the Spanish Armada.

FiBeR
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
To start with, Suarez did the same in 2004. She played the first round of WG against Japan, and then let the team down in QF vs Russia when the team actually had a chance (long shot, but still a good chance considering she was a SF in Paris, and the team was Paola and Gise and Dulko having the edge over Kuznetsova in h2h), so it's more or less like Gise and Paola share the same thoughts about Fed Cup - they couldnt care less.

Then, Suarez announced her return a day after the girls won the Americas Zone I in curitiba. That was a bit classless. Then, considering both are formers N1, they kind of know that if they ask for a WC, they will probably get it whereas Irigoyen/Molinero earned the right of the WC by winning the Panamerican tournament in Guadalajara 2011. They had a tense and not very friendly first round match in Bogotá where it was clear that things werent alright.

There are tons of other details, stuff we dont know and stuff I dont want to say cos they are quite dirty from everyone :p I am writing a report about it that will be published after the Fed Cup. I will share more info then if it is still interesting (like money issues and other stuff)

Halepsova
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
No, FiBeR! you need to share to us now! :eek: :drool:

macginity
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Then, Suarez announced her return a day after the girls won the Americas Zone I in curitiba. That was a bit classless. Then, considering both are formers N1, they kind of know that if they ask for a WC, they will probably get it whereas Irigoyen/Molinero earned the right of the WC by winning the Panamerican tournament in Guadalajara 2011. They had a tense and not very friendly first round match in Bogotá where it was clear that things werent alright.

To where did they win the WC?
Can you explain me this? The winners of Guadalajara won something special? (besides the medal, of course)

SAISAI-GOAT
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Still, Shuai Zhang, Zheng Jie are confirmed with likely peng shuai. Who will be 4, Yi Miao zhou or shengnan

I really do not think Peng will play ... she is in Germany for treatment and will stay there until Stuttgart :sad:

Tripp
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:30 PM
To where did they win the WC?
Can you explain me this? The winners of Guadalajara won something special? (besides the medal, of course)

The winner of the Gold Medal in singles (Falconi) was supposed to get a WC for the Olympics. Not quite sure about doubles, though.

But I have to agree that Gisela and Paola are most certainly not as innocent as they claim. In fact, they've both been pretty much bitches about this whole thing. Gisela gave an interview a few days ago claiming how disappointed she was in not getting a call from Fulco, and how every other Fed Cup captain had chased her begging her to play the ties, and how Fulco didn't. That's a diva attitude, if you ask me.

macginity
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
The winner of the Gold Medal in singles (Falconi) was supposed to get a WC for the Olympics. Not quite sure about doubles, though.

But I have to agree that Gisela and Paola are most certainly not as innocent as they claim. In fact, they've both been pretty much bitches about this whole thing. Gisela gave an interview a few days ago claiming how disappointed she was in not getting a call from Fulco, and how every other Fed Cup captain had chased her begging her to play the ties, and how Fulco didn't. That's a diva attitude, if you ask me.

It looks like that Dulkos relation with Fulco isn't the best one.
I might be saying something really stupid as I'm not from Argentina and don't know how things work in there, but I always had this diva feeling about Dulko playing fedcup. Since the loss to USA it seems like she don't wanna play because she it's not enough for her.
I can understand her not playing in Curitiba, it was a really weak field, but I never got why she didn't play the other ties.

Jane Lane
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM
It looks like that Dulkos relation with Fulco isn't the best one.
I might be saying something really stupid as I'm not from Argentina and don't know how things work in there, but I always had this diva feeling about Dulko playing fedcup. Since the loss to USA it seems like she don't wanna play because she it's not enough for her.
I can understand her not playing in Curitiba, it was a really weak field, but I never got why she didn't play the other ties.

Gisela can barely win singles matches anyway, it might not be a bad idea. :sobbing:

macginity
Mar 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Gisela can barely wins singles matches anyway, it might not be a bad idea. :sobbing:

she might even lose to one of the chinese girls, but she would give them more trouble than Irigoyen or Molinero or Auroux.

I don't blame players that dont wanna play fedcup or davis, but if you don't wanna say it already and deal with it. Don't go to espn or whatever saying that you're available when you're not.

Let.them.talk
Mar 30th, 2012, 10:29 PM
she might even lose to one of the chinese girls, but she would give them more trouble than Irigoyen or Molinero or Auroux.

I don't blame players that dont wanna play fedcup or davis, but if you don't wanna say it already and deal with it. Don't go to espn or whatever saying that you're available when you're not.

:worship:

This thing to look good and guiltless... :rolleyes:
Dulko said in december she's not playing Fed Cup.

Suarez would not be called, the players of the team are very very young.

lucho_coria
Mar 30th, 2012, 11:23 PM
To start with, Suarez did the same in 2004. She played the first round of WG against Japan, and then let the team down in QF vs Russia when the team actually had a chance (long shot, but still a good chance considering she was a SF in Paris, and the team was Paola and Gise and Dulko having the edge over Kuznetsova in h2h), so it's more or less like Gise and Paola share the same thoughts about Fed Cup - they couldnt care less.

There are tons of other details, stuff we dont know and stuff I dont want to say cos they are quite dirty from everyone :p I am writing a report about it that will be published after the Fed Cup. I will share more info then if it is still interesting (like money issues and other stuff)

Thank you Ray :worship:
I totally support Fulco here.

FiBeR
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:18 AM
To those who asked for more dirty details :p
(Oh Stop it :drool: )

Dulko emailed Fulco last december telling her she wont be available for Fed Cup on 2012. She played in Amerizas Zone I in 2011 so she could make it to the Olympics. Now all of a sudden she goes to press and says she is available (never calls captain since Fulco claimes she was never contacted). Then Suarez uses her ESPN co worker to release info saying she wasnt appointed besides being available.

(this is a smart move so she can appeal she was available and maybe get into MD of the olympics).. more and more dark obscure things are going on. but oh well, you know, the last thing the arg team needs is more drama and gossip, they need to focus on whats going to happen.

what's done is done. the team is confirmed and dulko/suarez are now in the past, Molinero is playing really well and Paola is still on her way up, also Irigoyen/Auroux really understand each other and are fully devoted to doubles nowadays, that's all we need to focus on. Fulco claims she is building up a team thinking of the future as well, and she deserves credit and should be trusted since she has proven she knows what she is doing. All her team really understand each other and are doing better

chingching
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:23 AM
I really do not think Peng will play ... she is in Germany for treatment and will stay there until Stuttgart :sad:

Really. Is she seeing Nanas doctor. Shuai's injry makes me cry. She is such a positive lovely person :sad:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:24 AM
To those who asked for more dirty details :p
(Oh Stop it :drool: )

Dulko emailed Fulco last december telling her she wont be available for Fed Cup on 2012. She played in Amerizas Zone I in 2011 so she could make it to the Olympics. Now all of a sudden she goes to press and says she is available (never calls captain since Fulco claimes she was never contacted). Then Suarez uses her ESPN co worker to release info saying she wasnt appointed besides being available.

(this is a smart move so she can appeal she was available and maybe get into MD of the olympics).. more and more dark obscure things are going on. but oh well, you know, the last thing the arg team needs is more drama and gossip, they need to focus on whats going to happen.

what's done is done. the team is confirmed and dulko/suarez are now in the past, Molinero is playing really well and Paola is still on her way up, also Irigoyen/Auroux really understand each other and are fully devoted to doubles nowadays, that's all we need to focus on. Fulco claims she is building up a team thinking of the future as well, and she deserves credit and should be trusted since she has proven she knows what she is doing. All her team really understand each other and are doing better

That's not dirty :shrug: We need some bitchslaping material :lol:

chingching
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:25 AM
Why dont dulko and suarez just play. BTW macginity, molinero had some really good wins in osprey this week so dont conunt her out for putting up some sort of a fight

FiBeR
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:32 AM
On the WC: Panamerican winners requested a WC to ITF cos the singles champ gets one and so they feel the doubles one should also earn one. The hypothetical situacion in which the ITF gives 1 WC to Argentina would bring a dilemma to the AAT in which they would have to pick between Dulko/Suarez and Molinero/Irigoyen, and guess who would get it? :p

hopefully dulko/suarez wont need it, but u know, try to see it from molinero/irigoyen's point of view and then you ll understand why they didnt handshake during the R1 of Bogotá and the match was so brutal :lol:

the jamierbelyea
Mar 31st, 2012, 06:14 AM
On the WC: Panamerican winners requested a WC to ITF cos the singles champ gets one and so they feel the doubles one should also earn one. The hypothetical situacion in which the ITF gives 1 WC to Argentina would bring a dilemma to the AAT in which they would have to pick between Dulko/Suarez and Molinero/Irigoyen, and guess who would get it? :p

hopefully dulko/suarez wont need it, but u know, try to see it from molinero/irigoyen's point of view and then you ll understand why they didnt handshake during the R1 of Bogotá and the match was so brutal :lol:

Did they not actually read the stipulation with the WC? From the get go the winners of the event had this asterisk attached to the WC: The winners of the five competitions will have priority entrance into the tennis event, if they are not directly qualified and are near the top 56 in the world.

Falconi is clearly not near this benchmark, and this doubles tandem is even further away. When the Pan-Am games were presented as an Olympic qualifying tournament, that wording was always there, which almost certainly meant if you wern't really close to the cut-off winning it would not guarantee you any spot.

FiBeR
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM
Did they not actually read the stipulation with the WC? From the get go the winners of the event had this asterisk attached to the WC: The winners of the five competitions will have priority entrance into the tennis event, if they are not directly qualified and are near the top 56 in the world.

Falconi is clearly not near this benchmark, and this doubles tandem is even further away. When the Pan-Am games were presented as an Olympic qualifying tournament, that wording was always there, which almost certainly meant if you wern't really close to the cut-off winning it would not guarantee you any spot.

Still, that's their dream and they have already asked the ITF for the WC. I recently interviewed both Flor and Mery and they said they had already asked the AAT to request for the WC and that they are hoping to get it. They feel that if the singles tournament gives a WC, the doubles one should give it too.

Regarding the asterisk, I didn't know about that. All I know is that on other sports, in most case the pan american tournament winner spot qualifies you to the olympics. If not, what's the point of having a tennis competition if there is no WC given to champions?

The girls (irina and mery/flor) have grounds to ask for their deserved WC :shrug:

i know there is this * rule, but they also have grounds to ask for it since they won the tournament that is suppossed to give u an entry - that is what these players claim.
Then, what happens next, it is up to the olympic comitee/itf

Halepsova
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:37 AM
That's not dirty :shrug: We need some bitchslaping material :lol:

Yeah and the backstabbing and sex scandal Telenovela style. :lick: :p

the jamierbelyea
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:01 AM
It's not exactly deserved if the wildcard already said you have to be in the top 56 in the world. To truly deserve you'd have to satisfy all of the requirements.

The reason why this isn't given precedent of other sports, is unlike most other sports tennis has an entry list based upon the rankings. If these local country qualifying tournaments were the determining factor (like how Volleyball does it), the top players would've played and taken the championship away from them.

To put such credence on an event where many top players skipped, and saying they 'deserve' it, is stretching it too far in my opinion, especially since they aren't even satisfying the requirement.

Honestly saying the pan-am games winners would get a spot in the Olympics was silly to begin with. In most other sports, you have to already be in the upper echelon to even participate in an Olympic qualifying event , most of the girls who participated aren't even on the radar. Especially when you consider there's no European, Asian, or African equivalent, it's really a stretch to say this is a deserved wildcard based on the whole story.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah and the backstabbing and sex scandal Telenovela style. :lick: :p

That's what I'm talking about :woohoo: :drool:

FiBeR
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:15 PM
It's not exactly deserved if the wildcard already said you have to be in the top 56 in the world. To truly deserve you'd have to satisfy all of the requirements.

The reason why this isn't given precedent of other sports, is unlike most other sports tennis has an entry list based upon the rankings. If these local country qualifying tournaments were the determining factor (like how Volleyball does it), the top players would've played and taken the championship away from them.

To put such credence on an event where many top players skipped, and saying they 'deserve' it, is stretching it too far in my opinion, especially since they aren't even satisfying the requirement.

Honestly saying the pan-am games winners would get a spot in the Olympics was silly to begin with. In most other sports, you have to already be in the upper echelon to even participate in an Olympic qualifying event , most of the girls who participated aren't even on the radar. Especially when you consider there's no European, Asian, or African equivalent, it's really a stretch to say this is a deserved wildcard based on the whole story.

hey if you win a tournament that is meant to qualify players to the Olympics, then you deserve it. They beat all the other teams of the americas. I would say someone winning a pan american tournament deserves a WC more than someone who doesnt and is 56th .

You need to open your mind and see that tennis isnt everything, it is a sport and the olympics are the meca of all sports (and this coming from a sports journalist who only wants to write about tennis). thinking like you do is one of the reasons why tennis at the olympics isnt that important. it is more of an elitist thinking - you are implying tennis is much more important than other sports overall and that the olympics itself, as if tennis' rules/ranking are on top of the olympic commitee's.

look, the pan american games exist, they give spots to the olympic games. that is a fact, if it is not played in europe that is a different story.

You fail to see that this tournament is meant to give spots to countries and players than otherwise would never gain entrance to this events. The olympics are about diversity, and not just a regular tour on the event. If you also think the aim of Olympics is only bringing the top you dont understand the first thing about it. Ask yourself what does the olympic symbol mean then.

As I said, If you want to have a tournament with only the top 56 players, then go and watch a Tier I. The olympics are meant to qualify teams and players from different parts of the world and in this case, from other places of the ranking too. do you see my point? The olympics is MUCH bigger than a regular tournament, you are representing your country and living with other countrymen from different sports and also live with other sportmen and women from other sports as well during a certain amount of time.

the pan american is like a little olympics held between all countries in america. the olympic comitee grants (lets call them this way) WC to the winners of different sports into the MD.

If you ask me, i would say it is much more fair to let players who actually work their asses off to get into this competition and share the passion to represent their country throughout a qualy event than to the 56th couple in the world. But thats me and what i think is about the spirit of the olympics :shrug:

the jamierbelyea
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
hey if you win a tournament that is meant to qualify players to the Olympics, then you deserve it. They beat all the other teams of the americas. I would say someone winning a pan american tournament deserves a WC more than someone who doesnt and is 56th .

You need to open your mind and see that tennis isnt everything, it is a sport and the olympics are the meca of all sports (and this coming from a sports journalist who only wants to write about tennis). thinking like you do is one of the reasons why tennis at the olympics isnt that important. it is more of an elitist thinking - you are implying tennis is much more important than other sports overall and that the olympics itself, as if tennis' rules/ranking are on top of the olympic commitee's.

look, the pan american games exist, they give spots to the olympic games. that is a fact, if it is not played in europe that is a different story.

You fail to see that this tournament is meant to give spots to countries and players than otherwise would never gain entrance to this events. The olympics are about diversity, and not just a regular tour on the event. If you also think the aim of Olympics is only bringing the top you dont understand the first thing about it. Ask yourself what does the olympic symbol mean then.

As I said, If you want to have a tournament with only the top 56 players, then go and watch a Tier I. The olympics are meant to qualify teams and players from different parts of the world and in this case, from other places of the ranking too. do you see my point? The olympics is MUCH bigger than a regular tournament, you are representing your country and living with other countrymen from different sports and also live with other sportmen and women from other sports as well during a certain amount of time.

the pan american is like a little olympics held between all countries in america. the olympic comitee grants (lets call them this way) WC to the winners of different sports into the MD.

If you ask me, i would say it is much more fair to let players who actually work their asses off to get into this competition and share the passion to represent their country throughout a qualy event than to the 56th couple in the world. But thats me and what i think is about the spirit of the olympics :shrug:

That's nonsense. If the United States could compete and theoretically could send the Williams Sisters, than that whole bolded point is nonsense.

Bottom line it was ALWAYS CLEAR that winning the tennis event wasn't enough to qualify you for the games. YOU ALSO HAD TO BE IN THE TOP 56. The end. Story is over. Cry all you want, and these girls can cry all they want too, but at the end of the day that part was always mentioned.

You can lament on and on about how these low ranked girls deserve it, but they didn't satisfy all the requirements, and it's clear Dulko and Suarez are better.

If the Olympics had a huge 128-player draw, than yes I say give the spots to these nobodies. Just like in the swimming and track events, you have many chances to weed out the very bottom. With the limited scope of the field this event should be comprised of the very best, like all the other sports. It's an event for the very best, not for the multicultural mugs.

FiBeR
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:27 AM
There is so much hatred on your post, I feel for you.

Im not going to the olympics, Im not crying and tbh I wouldnt lose sleep over Suarez/Dulko playing instead of Irigoyen/Molinero. IF you ask me, I would say Dulko/Suarez have a real decent shot if anyone on making an impact on the field and tbh i enjoy their tennis more as it is more exquisit, have more touch and are more competitive of course. (im not dumb, who wouldnt?)

I am just stating a valid argument they have and will cling to try and get away with it. Personally, I think Molinero/Irigoyen did more meriths than Paola and Gise just because they actually played for their country and not just conviniently signed up so they can take advantage of it.

Molinero, Irigoyen, Auroux and Ormaechea have always been available to play. Have never put conditions on their availability and have claimed playing for their country and representing it is one of their biggests honours.

Olympics is also about representing your country, which actually means something deeper than just wanting to win a medal for other reasons. (it's a moral appreciation and it is a gray area, im fully aware of it! dont get me wrong, it is just an exchange in points of views).But back to the Fed Cup: probably this is why Fulco chose the girls over Gise and Paola, cos she knows she can rely on them.

They may not be the best but statistics arent everything. I will put it in Dragon Ball terms. Fulco is King Kai, the current chosen team are the Z warriors (including the saiyan-earthling Ormaechea :worship:) and what was left out were Vegeta and Nappa. :lol:

PS: I know I know, you have stated about the top 56 rule, im putting it aside in this argument

the jamierbelyea
Apr 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
There is so much hatred on your post, I feel for you.

Im not going to the olympics, Im not crying and tbh I wouldnt lose sleep over Suarez/Dulko playing instead of Irigoyen/Molinero. IF you ask me, I would say Dulko/Suarez have a real decent shot if anyone on making an impact on the field and tbh i enjoy their tennis more as it is more exquisit, have more touch and are more competitive of course. (im not dumb, who wouldnt?)

I am just stating a valid argument they have and will cling to try and get away with it. Personally, I think Molinero/Irigoyen did more meriths than Paola and Gise just because they actually played for their country and not just conviniently signed up so they can take advantage of it.

Molinero, Irigoyen, Auroux and Ormaechea have always been available to play. Have never put conditions on their availability and have claimed playing for their country and representing it is one of their biggests honours.

Olympics is also about representing your country, which actually means something deeper than just wanting to win a medal for other reasons. (it's a moral appreciation and it is a gray area, im fully aware of it! dont get me wrong, it is just an exchange in points of views).But back to the Fed Cup: probably this is why Fulco chose the girls over Gise and Paola, cos she knows she can rely on them.

They may not be the best but statistics arent everything. I will put it in Dragon Ball terms. Fulco is King Kai, the current chosen team are the Z warriors (including the saiyan-earthling Ormaechea :worship:) and what was left out were Vegeta and Nappa. :lol:

PS: I know I know, you have stated about the top 56 rule, im putting it aside in this argument

I feel for you if you can't decipher between discussion on a message board for hatred. To hate implies too much caring on my part. I do just find it mind boggling when you continually restate the same mumbled garbage, but since in your last sentence you clearly state you are intentionally avoiding my major point there's no need to discuss further. I can't even respond to this Dragon stuff, as I have no idea what you're talking about, but the fact that you brought it up shows a clear insight into the person I was trying to have a debate with.

One last thing, you're selling Gisela personally way short on her representing Argentina. She plays Fed Cup every year since 2004, with the exception of one (and this year so far). It's much different for a player of Dulko's ranking/caliber to make time for Fed Cup compared to the other mugs. When you're alternate option is playing in some nowhere ITF, of course it's easy to make Fed Cup a priority.

FiBeR
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:43 PM
see? when you say I want to cry or you involve the Williams sisters in a ARG vs CHN discussion (or panamerican discussion) that's when you get involved with your personal stuff and hatred. Are you afraid we might still your limelight? It seems you cannot discuss properly and that you need to attack somebody else or try to prove something as fact when so far it seems more like a personal appreciation. Sorry but this being a message board means it is a place where it is possible to exchange thoughts, experiences and intelectual discussions, or having fun and taking the most out of it. You havent made any contribution to date here.

Being a message board is an equal oportunity to approach people all around the world, and your input on this thread has nothing to do with the main purpose of the issue. If you want to start a fight, then do it with somebody else. so far your only contribution was the so called top 56 rule. the rest's been not useful.

And, funny enough, I have the Olympic Tennis Event Fact Sheet in my hands that I picked up yesterday at the Davis Cup venue.

Men and Women's Doubles events: 24 teams will qualify as Direct Acceptances based on their combined recognised World Rankings of 11 june 2012.
Doubles players ranked in the Top 10 will be eligible for Direct Acceptance providing their partner has a recognised World Ranking, they are entered by their respective NOC/NA and t heir nomination does not bring the number of athletes for that NOC to more than 6 men/women. 8 ITF places will be allocated by the ITF based on the recognised World Rankings and the regional/NOC representation, and ensuring the maximum quota is not exceeded

So to start with, so far your only contribution wasn't even accurate cos 24 teams get direct entry by ranking. Where are the so called top 56?. Instead of trolling, why dont you get your facts straight in the first place?? So far, this "around-top56" rule has never appeared in the rulebook.

This is, after all, a message board, I hope this helps you. Im going to check on the ITF and get back

EDIT: I got back. Check this out: http://2012.itftennis.com/media/80030/80030.pdf
ITF Ruling has no specific request about rankings. Only specifies a deadline and clearly states that they want diversity.
Please, endorse where have you read this so called "top 56" or "around top 56" rule?

:wavey:

the jamierbelyea
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM
see? when you say I want to cry or you involve the Williams sisters in a ARG vs CHN discussion (or panamerican discussion) that's when you get involved with your personal stuff and hatred. Are you afraid we might still your limelight? It seems you cannot discuss properly and that you need to attack somebody else or try to prove something as fact when so far it seems more like a personal appreciation. Sorry but this being a message board means it is a place where it is possible to exchange thoughts, experiences and intelectual discussions, or having fun and taking the most out of it. You havent made any contribution to date here.

Being a message board is an equal oportunity to approach people all around the world, and your input on this thread has nothing to do with the main purpose of the issue. If you want to start a fight, then do it with somebody else. so far your only contribution was the so called top 56 rule. the rest's been not useful.

And, funny enough, I have the Olympic Tennis Event Fact Sheet in my hands that I picked up yesterday at the Davis Cup venue.

So to start with, so far your only contribution wasn't even accurate cos 24 teams get direct entry by ranking. Where are the so called top 56?. Instead of trolling, why dont you get your facts straight in the first place?? So far, this "around-top56" rule has never appeared in the rulebook.

This is, after all, a message board, I hope this helps you. Im going to check on the ITF and get back

EDIT: I got back. Check this out: http://2012.itftennis.com/media/80030/80030.pdf
ITF Ruling has no specific request about rankings. Only specifies a deadline and clearly states that they want diversity.
Please, endorse where have you read this so called "top 56" or "around top 56" rule?

:wavey:

Your comprehension skills are woeful. The top 56 in the world ranking was a stipulation in order to get priority entry via a win at the Pan Am Mickey Mouse Games. It has nothing to do with the real entry list or anything. It had all to do with whether or not Irina Falconi was going to get a WC based on her win which was what the Argentinian Nobody team were trying to petition based on the Pan Am win. How you meant to decipher it to mean it had anything to do with the real Olympic entry list is beyond me.

How about you instead of trolling, you actually read what I'm writing instead of coming up with garbage like this post or writing about Dragon Ball Z.

I mentioned the Williams Sisters because you said an event like the Pan AM games gives a potential Olympic berth to these people who would not have a normal chance. Again my point which you again missed, was that any event in which the Williams Sisters would've been eligible (and they could've represented the US), or in all honesty an event which the United States can field a team for in most cases isn't giving opportunities to people who wouldn't have them otherwise.

the jamierbelyea
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I'll put my opinion in simple words that hopefully you'll be able to digest and understand. I apologize since it seems to have been going over your head, and you are clearly lost.

If this mug Argentinian team wants a doubles WC, they'll have to do it by geographic spread, because using the Pan Am Games win as a reason for one won't fly as they aren't ranked in the top 56 in the world, which is a requirement in order to get PRIORITY ENTRY INTO THE TENNIS OLYMPIC EVENT via PAN AM GAMES win.

If Dulko/Suarez don't get automatically in, tough chances as I can't recall a time when the WCs were given to two teams of the same nation.

FiBeR
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
:) thanks for your insightful opinions and your solid facts!
I do feel that after exchanging messages in the past few days with you I have gained a big bag of useful knowledge. A real once in a lifetime cultural exchange. Hope we can do it again soon :hatoff:

the jamierbelyea
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:25 AM
It's obvious. :)