PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone see the similarities of Caro and Nadal?

razzer
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Both are great defenders, right?

Valanga
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :bigcry:

Emina.
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I can see the similarities of Azarenka and Nadal.

oliverbecken
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I see more similarities between Rafa and Errani for example, than with Caro! :lol:

C. Drone
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM
yes, but i wont tell you.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Both are not current #1.:oh:

John.
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
No

Steven.
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
yeah they both have horrendous technique on their fh wing.

Rest Maria!
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I think Azarenka is more similar to Nadal than Wozniacki is (talking about game style, not personalities).

perseus2006
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Yes! Neither has a "Q" in their names and both are pussies.

StoneRose
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Caro's a much nicer person. Vika resembles Novak (and is also a much nicer person than Nadal).

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Everyone knows Maria is the female Nadal. That comparison was done all the time throughout 2006-2008. Henin was supposedly the female Federer.

Azarenka reminds me of Djokovic, a lot. She always has. It has nothing to do with the impressive winning streak this year; they are both power grinders who have phenomenal backhands and who have worked around their loopy forehand to make it more dangerous by using the spin to open up the court. Both have achieved great results with that.

Maria rocks
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Yeah they are both annoying.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hey, you do not have to do this even if you hate Nadal.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Plus Nadal's biggest weapon is his forehand... Similarities should end there between him and Kaman.

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah they are both annoying.

Caro's a much nicer person. Vika resembles Novak (and is also a much nicer person than Nadal).

yeah they both have horrendous technique on their fh wing.

This. :angel:

hBence
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
No.

Carsten
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
absolutely not :lol:

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Oh, I remember a thread like this back when Caro was #1 and in good form. :) But no, Nadal is very different from Caro.

fouc
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
absolutely not :lol:

of course yes. it was debated hundreds of times before, they are obvious similarities both in the game and in the status on the tour.

and of course caro is nowhere near nadal's league, but this means nothing.

There was one very good sum-up of these similarities by Corswandt in the previous thread on this, someone could dig it out.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Oh noe... really?

Kaman is terrible on clay, the spin on her forehand is a result of horrendous technique rather than an aggressive mindset, and she's harmless from that wing. Plus Caroline has no intensity whatsoever on court, and doesn't get into a competitive transe like the ones great champions do in key moments.

Kaman also pushes rather than blasting a winner from a defensive position, bar the occasional BHDTL which everyone avoids by now.

There are barely any similarities in their games except for them being good at defending, but there are so many different approaches to a defensive mindset that even that is a stretch.

Plus she's really not nearly as fast as Nadal. Not even for a female equivalent.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:48 PM
i dont see Caro picking her butt and then sniffing the fingers.

Johnbert
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:51 PM
i dont see Caro picking her butt and then sniffing the fingers.

or taking strategic medical timeouts / toilet breaks.

Patrick S
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM
If there´s one female player that (tries to) play like Nadal, then it´s Johanna Larsson. They got very similar huge swing forehands, kind of awkward looking backhands, and are very fast. Of course Johanna is nowhere near as good as Nadal, so her game doesn´t work all that well, except on clay or when she´s playing really aggressive (which isn´t all that often).

bbjpa
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yes very similar...

Just 10 grand slams of difference :lol:

Jane Lane
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Oh, I remember a thread like this back when Caro was #1 and in good form. :) But no, Nadal is very different from Caro.

Woz back in your sig all of a sudden, eh? :oh:

LUVMIRZA
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Yes. Both are disgusting:lol:

LUVMIRZA
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM

cuz she defeated Serena yesday:tape::lol:

Corswandt
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM
There was one very good sum-up of these similarities by Corswandt in the previous thread on this, someone could dig it out.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=19699934&postcount=96

The Nadal / Wozniacka comparison isn't that far fetched. Both play an ugly, highly physical game which relies much more on consistency and endurance than on ballstriking skills or touch. Both accept that they'll be outplayed for patches of any match (the difference is that Nadal only gets outplayed by quality opposition, while Wozniacka can find herself getting outhit by just about any top 50 player), but that they are likely to overcome it by digging in during the decisive points/stages, and through wearing down their opponents by prolonging the rallies (even when they're holding the upper hand), clinging on to every single deuce game, and actively contesting every single point (no matter how irrelevant). Both play very high % and are thus often outwinnered by opponents - in Wozniacka's case, nearly every time.

The "aggressiveness" in Nadal's game is largely a myth. What I see is a grinder who hits loopy CC FHs by default and looks at a loss as to what to do whenever his opponent moves well enough to keep himself in rallies with him and has a solid enough BH to withstand that barrage of moonballs and to take the game to him.

Anabelcroft
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh,nooo...

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM

cuz she defeated Serena yesday:tape::lol:

Woz was back in my signature before that match yesterday. :kiss:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Nadull takes enhancing drugs while Pushniacki would benefit if she did so... :scratch:

Excelscior
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
The Premise of the OP is an insult to Nadal.

Nadal plays much more aggressive than Caro does on a hardcourt or grass for starters. And of course he can actually play on Clay.

I know a lot of people here and elsewhere claim to hate Nadal (almost with as much passion as they allegedly hate Caro), but Nadal is a much better offensive and well rounded tennis player that many give him credit for (or than Caro ever was).

He's also a much better (i.e. explosive and strong) athlete in his tour, than she is in her own.

Caro would have to be like Peak Serena or Venus, in order to be a similar athlete to Nadal on her tour. And skill wise, Nadal can execute many more shots (including touch ones at the net) on a regular basis than Caro.

Not hating on Caro in the least bit, just telling the truth and elucidating on Nadal's often overlooked attributes.

CWTennis
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, they both are great fighters!

Sharapowerr
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
No, Nadal has won multiple slams and Woz none

olivero
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Both have won GS. Oh wait...

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
and they both play tennis!!! :lol:

edificio
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Both are not current #1.:oh:

:yeah:

marineblue
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Both are grinders. Oh boy,you can tell Caro's back to playing well as the trolls are coming out of woodwork:lol::wavey:

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:21 PM
People can't seriously believe this can they. There is very few similarites in there game at all. Nadal plays with a lot more spin, is able to dictate play pushing his opponents back a lot more than you will ever see Caro do. Even on a shot to shot basis, Nadal predominantly uses his forehand to dictate play, Caro's forehand is very average and a weakness. Nadal may play a counterpunching role at times, but nowhere near as much as Caro (who plays it 99% of the time). This is especially evident vs lower ranked opponents who Nadal will tend to just punch through himself, whereas Wozniacki will wait for these types of players to miss and self-implode.

I've always felt there is this misconception about Nadal that people believe he is getting hit off the court regularly. Nobody has had success doing this consistently though. This certainly isn't how Djokovic has beaten him 7 times in a row by just blasting through him. Whereas we've seen Caroline get blasted off court by some mediocre players in the past. There strengths and weaknesses are just not the same at all really.

killerqueen
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Caro is far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far more likable than Nadal.

I have a serious issue with Nadal that I can't actually explain. :lol:

RenaSlam.
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:30 PM
No. Nadal actually hits winners.

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:34 PM
No. Nadal actually hits winners.

Did you think of this all by yourself? :awww: :yeah:

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Did you think of this all by yourself? :awww: :yeah:

:lol: stop picking on RenaSlam, though. he is cool ;)

Viennalover
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:28 AM
OH NO...please :facepalm:

JJ all the way
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Both have bad habits.....Nadal does his butt picking and Caro does Rory :(

Navratil
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:43 AM
That's a joke thread, isn't it?

Where are any similarities?

Nadal is one of the most complete players ever, so powerful and smart and mentally tough. Wozniacki is the complete opposite.

Johnbert
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:58 AM
That's a joke thread, isn't it?

Where are any similarities?

Nadal is one of the most complete players ever, so powerful and smart and mentally tough. Wozniacki is the complete opposite.

:haha:

even woz has a better serve than nadal :tape:

C. W. Fields
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
koJzyMsOARM

PetraReeMona
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Nadull takes enhancing drugs while Pushniacki would benefit if she did so... :scratch:

Really?

Can you show me the proof please?

Level55
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:12 AM
So Caro also gets dominated by Djokovic? :p

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Really?

Can you show me the proof please?

Not having proof doesn't mean it isn't true. All in Spain know about it, but it's better to say that he's an amazing player.

Doping and Spain. All the world knows what's going on here.

Utterchaos
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
:haha:

even woz has a better serve than nadal :tape:

Yeah, thus her amazing results on grass.