PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams: “I probably played about 20 percent (against Wozniacki)”

Pages : [1] 2

Julian.
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
“I made her run,” Wozniacki said.

“Everyone I play always plays the match of the year,” Williams said.

“I probably played about 20 percent,” Williams said. “I just made a tremendous amount of errors. There’s no reason for that. I’m older and I shouldn’t do that. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to stop that. It’s silly.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-keybiscayne

Sam L
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
That's the only way she could've lost.

Bronx19
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
lol, I made her run.

Grigorpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Shady.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:51 AM
20% is generous. Her game looked as bad as ever.

MisterMan
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Shady.

Did we really expect anything else to come out of Serena's mouth?
Classless, forever and always.
You were outplayed baby girl, and don't blame the errors - you always have huge unforced error counts, but they're usually countered by winners which you just didn't have because your opponent didn't give you the chance to make them.

Older now - time to grow up.

Emina.
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
:lol:

Singleniacki
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sometimes I start to like Serena but then she says childish shit like this :o

Queenpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Always with excuses, classless.

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:01 PM
to recap: wozniacki playing the match of the year def. 20%rena by the relatively close score of 6:4, 6:4.

serena is just to old for this kind of shit.

Yoncé
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
More like 2%

C. Drone
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/CWTennis/Tennis%20Gifs/CaroDubai1.gif

http://s017.radikal.ru/i428/1110/f0/fc23688d7459.gif

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/CWTennis/Tennis%20Gifs/CWHair.gif

Grigorpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
You were outplayed baby girl, and don't blame the errors - you always have huge unforced error counts, but they're usually countered by winners which you just didn't have because your opponent didn't give you the chance to make them.

I guess after losing to Stosur at USO, Makarova at AO and now Caro at Miami she might actually rethink about how she's playing and hit the gym.

Irute
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Serena shouldn't say things like that, it is disrespectful to her opponent. She certainly did not play her best match while Caro played one of her better matches, but again it is part of the sport. You have to bring the best game when it is needed. How well one plays also depends on the opponent. Caro clearly exposed Serena's poor movement, that effects confidence and as a result effects things that people are usually good at (serve?).

She said herself "I’m older and I shouldn’t do that. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to stop that. It’s silly." This applies to making statements like this one.

Lachy
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Sarin :lol:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m140vycDbs1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

madmax
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:16 PM
same old same old - arrogant and obnoxious when winning, bitter and classless when losing...
The sooner this washed up brat retires for good, the better

pka_liloo
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM

wow... just wow... :lol:

2Black
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Davenport said it all night... "She's got to make Wozniacki beat her from the forehand side."

Why Serena went to Caro's backhand all match was mindboggling. Just stupid, arrogant strategy. So if there was 20%, it was Serena using only 20% of her brain. :lol:

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:20 PM
“Everyone I play always plays the match of the year,”

This.

“I probably played about 20 percent,”

This.

“I just made a tremendous amount of errors. There’s no reason for that. I’m older and I shouldn’t do that. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to stop that. It’s silly.”

And this. Did she lie? Did she not play well below standard? Did Wozniacki not play what will probably be one of her best 3 matches of the year?

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
same old same old - arrogant and obnoxious when winning, bitter and classless when losing...

Now why would anyone want Serena to retire?! We still wanna see some more Masha beatdowns by Serena.
Relax..it's gonna happen again..someday...:unsure: :lol:

azinna
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Not sure she needed to say it out loud. But maybe it helps with future matches. Tennis at this level is 90% mental.

pattyclijsters
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:23 PM
So... Why didn't she play 100%?

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
always the same :bs: from Serena

homogenius
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Vintage Serena right there :lol:
She's wrong though (like most of the times she said something like that after a loss)

Just Do It
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
And people are saying Jankovic has lame excuses? :lol:

Jorn
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Looking at the Live Streaming it looked like she was at 50%, but from watching the match on ES, she atleast at 80%...

Shinjiro
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Too bad she couldn't win playing about 25.5% and face Sharpova in the next round.

MakarovaFan
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Wow Serena IS changing.....instead of saying "they played the match of their life", she seems to have become more realistic and now said " they played the match of the year"...i see growth!

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Davenport said it all night... "She's got to make Wozniacki beat her from the forehand side."

Why Serena went to Caro's backhand all match was mindboggling. Just stupid, arrogant strategy. So if there was 20%, it was Serena using only 20% of her brain. :lol:

:lol: Just mindboggling...playing to Caro's forehand is like an open book..yet Serena goes backhand all day?! :facepalm:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
She said herself "I’m older and I shouldn’t do that. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to stop that. It’s silly." This applies to making statements like this one.

Agree completely. I want to like Serena, but she makes it hard by saying things like this. She behaves like a child most of the time: one minute she's surly and petulant, next she's silly and giggly, then she's a self-righteous chest-beater, then she's throwing a tantrum, and so on. The consistent line in everything she says or does is that it's all about me-me-me. She needs to grow up, seriously.

hBence
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Looking at the Live Streaming it looked like she was at 50%, but from watching the match on ES, she atleast at 80%...

Have you ever seen Serena at 100%?
Because if it was at least at 80% she can play at 200%.. :o

Mynarco
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
The only problem is - will she go back to her 70%-80% form? I believed she could before that horrible USO Final. Now I am less sure about it. Her HC results this year are disappointing

LCS
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM

nfl46
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Classless. That's why I always liked Venus more, she'll never say some crap like that outloud.

LUVMIRZA
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I luv Serena for her interviews nothing else:lol:

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Caro hopes Sharapova will be also 20% and Azarenko in Final about 2-3% of normal, otherwise she should pack her belongings today

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Caro hopes Sharapova will be also 20% and Azarenko in Final about 2-3% of normal, otherwise she should pack her belongings today

These days Maria is always 20% :lol:

M.P
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:56 PM
no more BFF :oh:

markedman
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:56 PM
One day she may show a little humility and some grace.

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM

Li Na must have been 0,001% , right?

Anyway, Serena lost this match by herself, in 2nd set tried to play 5% better and Caro was close to Cibulcova's fate))))

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM

That's flattering her I'd say ;)

perseus2006
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Woz did not make her run! Woz made her power waddle.

Old, slow, out of shape, breathless and exhausted from the warmup, Serenka had little left for the match.

But give credit where it's due: Serenka dug deep and found limitless energy to run her mouth at the pressor!

jedw
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
:facepalm:

I'm not a fan, nor a hater of either Serena or Caro, but seriously.
She needs to STFU with the excuses and stop showing such disrespect.:help:

casholic
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
She also gave credit to Woz and said that Woz served the best she's ever served.
And it's reassuring to me that she says this. She at least knows she can play better (and last night she could have played A LOT better. Like really Rena, let's pass everything to Woz's one aggressive shot.)

BluSthil
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:10 PM
This is what Serena said in a post match conference:

“I probably played about 20 percent,” Williams said. “I just made a tremendous amount of errors. There’s no reason for that. I’m older and I shouldn’t do that. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to stop that. It’s silly.”

I guess we'll see you in the ATP Top 10 next week ! What a way to diminish and belittle Caro on a well played match. Disgusting !!!

StephenUK
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
What was Serena's percentage against Makarova? She's turning into Special Needs Serena with these exam results! :lol:

I suppose she needs to believe that this is 20% because otherwise, she may as well give up, because Serena la Diva will not cope with being a bit part-player on the tour, who only gets show courts when she is facing a top seed. But to play so badly in her two best events, first the Australian and now Miami, one wonders where she can bring out the 100% or even above 50%, or is it just that this is her usual standard now, that she is looking on her past glories like they are current reality like the deluded Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard:

"I am still big but it's the courts that got small" :help:

HenryMag.
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM
The big question is: Will she play 20.1% in her next match?

AliceMariaRenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Serena shouldn't say things like that, it is disrespectful to her opponent. She certainly did not play her best match while Caro played one of her better matches, but again it is part of the sport. You have to bring the best game when it is needed. How well one plays also depends on the opponent. Caro clearly exposed Serena's poor movement, that effects confidence and as a result effects things that people are usually good at (serve?).

This. And thank you for saving me from having to type it out!

AliceMariaRenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM
What was Serena's percentage against Makarova? She's turning into Special Needs Serena with these exam results! :lol:

I suppose she needs to believe that this is 20% because otherwise, she may as well give up, because Serena la Diva will not cope with being a bit part-player on the tour, who only gets show courts when she is facing a top seed. But to play so badly in her two best events, first the Australian and now Miami, one wonders where she can bring out the 100% or even above 50%, or is it just that this is her usual standard now, that she is looking on her past glories like they are current reality like the deluded Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard:

And this. Maybe her comeback is turning into Whatever Happened To Baby Serena!;)

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Yeah, she still made the AO finals and the Indian Wells finals and guess what the Miami Semis. Imagine what would have happened if she was 100% :hearts:

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:16 PM
we need Williamsmeter , so apart from serving speed we will be able to see % of Serena on the tennis court

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:17 PM
so i guess when kim says she played 50% that's better? :lol:

Siderophyre
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:17 PM

:happy:

VishaalMaria
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Serena always being too honest.

I hope this loss wakes her up (and the ones to Makarova and Stosur)

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:19 PM
No shit. :rolleyes: It was highly embarrassing... Serena Williams losing to Wozniacki? http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
No shit. :rolleyes: It was highly embarrassing... Serena Williams losing to Wozniacki? http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

losing to Stosur in US Open , which as we know now can be beaten easily by 20% Serena is even more embarrasing

WozLolz
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Her class is just so admirable. :angel: Never fails to amaze me after a loss.:hearts::worship::bounce:

The Kaz
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
How can people be fans of her :facepalm:

She is a disgrace to the sport.

Caro beat you and was the better player... BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE F**K OVER IT! Enough with the excuses already.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM

That has to be one of the cleverest most inspired lines I've ever seen written in this forum. :worship:

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Her winner to error ratio was not that bad, wasn't like 32 to 34? That's considered a ton of errors? If you want to know the definition of "a ton of errors" go watch Na vs Sharapova yesterday

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Her winner to error ratio was not that bad, wasn't like 32 to 34? That's considered a ton of errors? If you want to know the definition of "a ton of errors" go watch Na vs Sharapova yesterday

Lisicki vs Na is much better , 93 UE for both , it is incomparable with only 18 of Sharapova )))

Cajka
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Let's be honest, her movement and forehand were pretty bad.

thrust

SO TRUE! Serena must be near or at 30 now, things aren't going to get much better. I would say she was about 70% last night, which is still better than 95% of today's top players.

stromatolite
Yeah, she still made the AO finals and the Indian Wells finals and guess what the Miami Semis. Imagine what would have happened if she was 100%:hearts:

I tried, I really did, but I couldn't picture it.:lol:

Anyway, no need to be so touchy, I'm only repeating what most of her fans say about her these days.:)

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM

She is an abomination and a disgrace to the sport.

Caro beat you and was the better player... BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE F**K OVER IT! Enough with the excuses already.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Seems like Sarin beating Sam was too harsh on you.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM

She is an abomination and a disgrace to the sport.

You're taking it too far. She isn't an abomination at all. People are fans of her because there must be something about Serena that they like, be it game or personality or whatsoever, just like how each player has their fans.

But really Serena :o It would be better if you can avoid making statements like this. Judging from the commentary it seemed that Caro played really well to win.

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I tried, I really did, but I couldn't picture it.:lol:

Anyway, no need to be so touchy, I'm only repeating what most of her fans say about her these days.:)

Go YouTube Australian Open 2008. :dance:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Go YouTube Australian Open 2008. :dance:

It wouldn't do any good. A video from 2008 is not going to help me picture 2012 Maria playing at 100%

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
It wouldn't do any good. A video from 2008 is not going to help me picture 2012 Maria playing at 100%

:facepalm: 2008 or 2012 , a player's 100% performance remains the same.Let's just forget it ? No point talking. :wavey:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
:facepalm: 2008 or 2012 , a player's 100% performance remains the same.Let's just forget it ? No point talking. :wavey:

Agreed!

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM

well, yes, she was.

rafaelkafka
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:16 PM
20% is generous. Her game looked as bad as ever.

She is a bad, bad loser. Always without any grace and proper manners. Not a Lady, for sure.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
DEAD at her explanation though. :happy: At least her game off-court is not at 20%.

rafaelkafka
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Classless. That's why I always liked Venus more, she'll never say some crap like that outloud.

Venus is set a beautiful, classy lady. How can two sisters be so different.

nfl46
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Venus is set a beautiful, classy lady. How can two sisters be so different.

I agree. Venus isn't a sore loser. Venus even smiles at the net after she loses a match MOST times, even in Grand Slams. But that Serena...smh.

The Kaz
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm:

Seems like Sarin beating Sam was too harsh on you.

She beat Sam? I'd already forgotten about that result because I dwell on Sam's losses for like 2 minutes afterwards and then I move on with my life.

Nice try, but nevertheless an epic fail attempt :facepalm:

Miracle Worker
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:33 PM
We will see in match against Maria, if part about Caroline's match of the year was true?

Cause this part:

it's true.

NashaMasha
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:37 PM
What percent of Serena was on AO versus Makarova? 12 and one forth of percent?

Double A
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:41 PM
She needs to realize that she'll never be as good as she was before.

This "20%" might be her new 80%.:shrug:

FleetSeb
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM
so i guess when kim says she played 50% that's better? :lol:

Wasn't that referring to her fitness rather than her quality of play? (I genuinely don't know, haven't seen the original quote)

delicatecutter
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
It's the truth. :shrug: Serena should be ashamed of herself for losing to Goatniacki. This is one of the worst losses of her career.

hBence
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
What percent of Serena was on AO versus Makarova? 12 and one forth of percent?
she was at 15% I think.

plantman
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Did we really expect anything else to come out of Serena's mouth?Classless, forever and always.

and she wonders why people don't give her credit for being nice. :tape:

MegaDethly
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
It sounds like she's saying people don't have a right to play well against her. Sometimes I think this is all just part of her comedy act.

Lulu.
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Truth. She hasn't played that well at all this year expect for in Brisbane.

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Sahreen well done for saying the truth! :hatoff: :lol:

Pushniacki was lucky, everybody knows it.

pov
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Okay. If she played 20% that's on her. She didn't seem injured or ill so . . .hey. If she can't find the motivation to play better than 20% in the QF of Miami there's not a lot to say.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I wish someone would ask her the formula she uses to arrive at these percentages. :sad:

Can you imagine how much better TF would be if we could say "75% Wozniacki routs 95% Sharapova 6-0, 6-2"? All arguments would be facts, not blind foaming-at-the-mouth deluded fanboy(girl)ism

eg. of potential fact: 65% Pierce loses at most 3 games to 100% anyone.

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I agree with what she said but would say more 50% she did hit a tonne of errors

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I wish someone would ask her the formula she uses to arrive at these percentages. :sad:

Can you imagine how much better TF would be if we could say "75% Wozniacki routs 95% Sharapova 6-0, 6-2"? All arguments would be facts, not blind foaming-at-the-mouth deluded fanboy(girl)ism

Yes, and each one comes with a very specific probability distribution. Wozniacki's would be rectangular: always 100%. Kuznetsova's is a decaying exponential one: maximal at 0% and rapidly declines to zero for 100%. KvittyGOAT is bimodal: either 80% or 0.05%, with nothing in between. Then we can put in models to predict the matches.

TrojanStallion
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM
A 20% Rena should beat a 100% Woz anyday of the week. No excuses.

Kipling
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:26 PM
There is a line in the Faulkner novel Sound & the Fury which describes the retarded man-child Benjy, which is equally applicable to Serena and her ego problem:

"He been three for thirty years."

She really does need to grow up and stop the excuse making when she gets whupped. Other players can accept it when they get outplayed--take it as a challenge to improve themselves and make themselves better. Why is she not able to do it?

Mrs. Peel
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Well, it is not the first time Serena has come out mentally vacant and too casual to a match. She does know better and she should be ashamed of herself. Another title lost for coming out unprepared. Serves her right.

jrm
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
no one will remember the excuse(s), everyone will remember the result

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Yes, and each one comes with a very specific probability distribution. Wozniacki's would be rectangular: always 100%. Kuznetsova's is a decaying exponential one: maximal at 0% and rapidly declines to zero for 100%. KvittyGOAT is bimodal: either 80% or 0.05%, with nothing in between. Then we can put in models to predict the matches.

:lol: yes. And Serena's would probably be rectangular as well, she rarely plays better than 20% after all.

Sharapowerr
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
:lol: yes. And Serena's would probably be rectangular as well, she rarely plays better than 20% after all.

She does, i think also she played under 50%, but not really nice to mention it, no one plays 100%

C. Drone
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM

:hysteric:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
serena bitching again when losing a match. period

jasonwright25
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Caro should say she played at 10% last night and still whipped Serena's ass. Serena can be a real jackass at times.

Stonerpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I mean at least she's being honest. It's a humiliating loss that will only motivate her more. Hopefully they play at a slam this year.

Halepsova
Isn't she back to Palm Beach already? :devil:

matty
Agree completely. I want to like Serena, but she makes it hard by saying things like this. She behaves like a child most of the time: one minute she's surly and petulant, next she's silly and giggly, then she's a self-righteous chest-beater, then she's throwing a tantrum, and so on. The consistent line in everything she says or does is that it's all about me-me-me. She needs to grow up, seriously.

She won't change and she doesn't have to. She's got a fiery, and often uneven temperament and suffers from depression--this is who she is. This is a very emotional, 13 time slam winning, best of her generation legend. It's silly to expect her to change as a tennis player. Maybe in later years in her every day life she may have an ephiphany of sorts....regardless, her fans lover her, as do I.

tennisrules
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
The Serena of five-six years ago (heck, probably even the Serena of 2010) could take long breaks and still dominate the tour. Even she has to realize that she can't do that anymore. Age is the great equalizer.

I want her back and/or near the top but I just have to accept that if she plays like this it won't be the case. Having said all that, betting against Serena is usually a losing proposition. If losing to Wozniacki doesn't wake her up, then nothing will.

matty
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Yes, and she sure has them. 13 of them. In the record books. Forever. That's what will be remembered...the result.

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:39 PM
and she wonders why she doesn't get enough credit for being nice?

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Serena is Serena. If every player sugarcoated how they really felt, it would be boring. I've accepted the way Serena is, win or lose. Serena knows she is a better player than most of her opponents. She expects a lot from herself. I'm just sick of all the bashing of her character. But I know it won't stop. Hate or love Serena, but she is who she is. If you don't like her, don't watch her.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well, it is not the first time Serena has come out mentally vacant and too casual to a match. She does know better and she should be ashamed of herself. Another title lost for coming out unprepared. Serves her right.

This. She cannot keep relying on scraping through her "20% of play", she only has herself to blame for losing those matches because Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Makarova etc are names that a focused and determined Serena would have beaten fairly easily.

markedman
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, and she sure has them. 13 of them. In the record books. Forever. That's what will be remembered...the result.

No one is disputing her record. This thread isn't about her record. It's about the result from last night. You know THAT result, the match she lost. Of course her record will be remembered, alas so will her inabililty to be graceful in defeat.

Adrian.
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I just saw the match, and she is right :shrug:
she played horrible and Woz was only lucky that every FH from Rena was an UE :shrug:

VenusSerenaBlvd.
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I also kind of think she was burned out after her Summer run last year. She was clearly expected to win the US Open, then she was beaten by Stosur. Serena did not play the rest of the year and barely wanted to play earlier this year. For someone who worked so hard to get fit and played so well, to fall out of "love" with tennis now seems weird. Something has to light that fire in Serena again. I don't know what it will take. I really hope Venus does well this year. Maybe that will inspire Serena.

CWTennis
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I suppose no BFF anymore! :awww:

http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/1112/5a/2d2c46ab7ec9.gif

oh, Serena :o you said such a nice words about Caro before the match, and now this :sad:
Caro's answer :)

http://s017.radikal.ru/i422/1111/4d/05a8aa5210e2.gif

Q. She said she was only playing 20% of her game. Do you feel that?
CAROLINE WOZNIACKI: You know, I I don't really to be honest, I just play. You know, I play against an opponent, and as long as I win, I really don't mind, you know, what's happening on the other side.

Anyway Serena can say whatever she wants, Caro won that's all that matters!

http://s017.radikal.ru/i434/1110/23/0b75e792adc1.gif

This!

monmonito
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM
well THE BETTER PLAYER WINS....

SERENA SHOULD SHUT UP...SHE JUST LOST TO THIS GIRL ONCE AND HER MOUTH DOESN'T START GIVING IRRELEVENT STATEMENTS :tape:

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM

venus on her clijsters loss uso 2005 commented that kim played so much crap and brought her down to that level and beat her :lol: get over it really...good losers aren't present on tour at the very top...fed, nadal, serena, venus, nole, martha have all made bitter comments after losses after smiling on court :lol:

monmonito
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:01 PM
SErena take a rest forever

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:06 PM

Classic Serena :lol: :worship:

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Now why would anyone want Serena to retire?! We still wanna see some more Masha beatdowns by Serena.
Relax..it's gonna happen again..someday...:unsure: :lol:

i love how you always try to grasp straws and bring maria up every time someone makes a post. so pathetic.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Classic Serena :lol: :worship:

There's some truth to it though :lol: There were many times we see mugs or lesser players suddenly turn into GOATs when playing against Serena ;)

franklinbouvier
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM
It's a pretty honest assessment from Serena. She could have played much better but she didn't. She needs to give more credit to her opponents though. I can't stand Wozniacki but she played the better game in that match.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
There's some truth to it though :lol: There were many times we see mugs or lesser players suddenly turn into GOATs when playing against Serena ;)

That's all ok, she did play like crap and Wozniacki played the best match of the year, but still it takes SW BALLS to say something like this... JJ is a mini-version of SW. Theirs after-matches interviews are just :drool: :lol:

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM

:happy: :lol: +1

TheHangover
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
what a bad loser

Pump-it-UP
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:21 PM

I agree. Venus isn't a sore loser. Venus even smiles at the net after she loses a match MOST times, even in Grand Slams. But that Serena...smh.

So get her out of your signature? :shrug: You must be one of those fairweather fans who only supports her for her accomplishments.

And you have no idea what you're talking about in that 2nd post. When has Serena ever been a sore loser at net? I want receipts. She always congratulates her opponent, never avoids making eye contact, and is able to fake a smile more often than not. I only remember one poor handshake in her entire career, and Christine was lucky that she even got a handshake on that 2003 afternoon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RlvyhflKskQ/TgjvDeX22TI/AAAAAAAAAG4/D22rcBJEWuU/s1600/Serena+and+Bartoli.jpg

You can leave now. :wavey:

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I just wonder why anyone who isn't a fan cares really what Serena has to say? :scratch:

Are people really waiting for Serena to think there is a tennis player who is better than her and admit that publicly? :haha:

talk about delusional... :cuckoo:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
She won't change and she doesn't have to. She's got a fiery, and often uneven temperament and suffers from depression--this is who she is. This is a very emotional, 13 time slam winning, best of her generation legend. It's silly to expect her to change as a tennis player. Maybe in later years in her every day life she may have an ephiphany of sorts....regardless, her fans lover her, as do I.

It's true enough that she doesn't have to change. But I think it's important to realize as long as she keeps saying and doing the things that she does she will continue to get up people's noses. She's a great champion, and at heart probably quite a nice person, and like I said, I really want to like her. But that fiery, uneven temperament of hers makes that so hard. From what I've seen on TF since I joined a lot of people feel much the same way.

Bijoux0021
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I just wonder why anyone who isn't a fan cares really what Serena has to say? :scratch:

Are people really waiting for Serena to think there is a tennis player who is better than her and admit that publicly? :haha:

talk about delusional... :cuckoo:
THIS.

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:35 PM

Caro should say she played at 10% last night and still whipped Serena's ass. Serena can be a real jackass at times.

It's true enough that she doesn't have to change. But I think it's important to realize as long as she keeps saying and doing the things that she does she will continue to get up people's noses. She's a great champion, and at heart probably quite a nice person, and like I said, I really want to like her. But that fiery, uneven temperament of hers makes that so hard. From what I've seen on TF since I joined a lot of people feel much the same way.

but my question to you and those like you is, 'Why do you think that matters in the slightest bit to Serena or her fans on here?' I mean every player has fans and every player has people who don't like them. That's life. Honestly, why would me as a fan care that you don't like her because her temperament is uneven? :shrug: Do you know what some of us do when we don't like a player? We don't read about them or wait for them to do something that validates our feelings one way or the other. :shrug:

pokey camp
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Not sure she needed to say it out loud. But maybe it helps with future matches. Tennis at this level is 90% mental.
IA. And while I've never liked these kinds of quotes from her, I can understand why she does it and how it probably helps her mentally. Not a full excuse since a lot of athletes have been able to maintain their mental edges without being publicly ungracious, but apparently this is what works for Serena. :shrug: It must be how she motivates herself.

This. She cannot keep relying on scraping through her "20% of play", she only has herself to blame for losing those matches because Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Makarova etc are names that a focused and determined Serena would have beaten fairly easily.
Well that's the root of these comments isn't. Outside of the standard "boo hoo everyone trees against me" comment, it's her taking the blame for the loss... in her own way at least. :lol:

Papillon.
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:49 PM
LMFAO, I love that all people have to say is that it was a classless comment :sobbing: Because as true as that is it doesn't change a single thing about the legitimacy of it. Wozniacka was fortunate Serena played as though she was late to a Flo Rida concert :tears:

homogenius
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:56 PM
but my question to you and those like you is, 'Why do you think that matters in the slightest bit to Serena or her fans on here?' I mean every player has fans and every player has people who don't like them. That's life. Honestly, why would me as a fan care that you don't like her because her temperament is uneven? :shrug: Do you know what some of us do when we don't like a player? We don't read about them or wait for them to do something that validates our feelings one way or the other. :shrug:

When Serena ask publicly why people can't see she's such a niiiice girl, she's searching some kind of validation so she does care obviously.

Stonerpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
So get her out of your signature? :shrug: You must be one of those fairweather fans who only supports her for her accomplishments.

And you have no idea what you're talking about in that 2nd post. When has Serena ever been a sore loser at net? I want receipts. She always congratulates her opponent, never avoids making eye contact, and is able to fake a smile more often than not. I only remember one poor handshake in her entire career, and Christine was lucky that she even got a handshake on that 2003 afternoon.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RlvyhflKskQ/TgjvDeX22TI/AAAAAAAAAG4/D22rcBJEWuU/s1600/Serena+and+Bartoli.jpg

You can leave now. :wavey:

:help:

Just because you like a player doesn't mean you have to agree with everything she says and does.

Serena is usually gracious at net. It's what she says in press conferences afterward that people have issues with.

Roookie
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Good bye Serena :wavey:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:12 PM

You don't have to care, and neither does Serena. But tbh I find it hard to believe that Serena doesn't care. I think she suffers from the hostility that is directed towards her, but doesn't realize that a lot of that hostility can be avoided just by showing a little more empathy for her opponents.

So what if she's the best female tennis player of her generation? She's no more dominant in women's tennis than Federer was in his prime in men's tennis. Fed is no modest angel for sure, he has always been just as aware of his own class as Serena is, but that never stopped him from taking a genuine interest in his opponents, commenting after matches on what they did well or maybe not so well, and even for the lower ranked guys he often has kind and encouraging words. With Serena it's always about Serena, good or bad, never about her opponent. That gets up people's noses and leads to a lot of unnecessary hostility that I think hurts her deep down, even if she doesn't want to show it.

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
When Serena ask publicly why people can't see she's such a niiiice girl, she's searching some kind of validation so she does care obviously.

Serena posted a message on here asking why posters can't see she's a niiiiice (whatever this is) girl? :eek:

What's her username, I want to send her a pm. :wavey:

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:28 PM
You don't have to care, and neither does Serena. But tbh I find it hard to believe that Serena doesn't care. I think she suffers from the hostility that is directed towards her, but doesn't realize that a lot of that hostility can be avoided just by showing a little more empathy for her opponents.

So what if she's the best female tennis player of her generation? She's no more dominant in women's tennis than Federer was in his prime in men's tennis. Fed is no modest angel for sure, he has always been just as aware of his own class as Serena is, but that never stopped him from taking a genuine interest in his opponents, commenting after matches on what they did well or maybe not so well, and even for the lower ranked guys he often has kind and encouraging words. With Serena it's always about Serena, good or bad, never about her opponent. That gets up people's noses and leads to a lot of unnecessary hostility that I think hurts her deep down, even if she doesn't want to show it.

You think she cares, I think she doesn't. :shrug: I say a person who 'really' cares watches what they say all the time and someone who deep down doesn't care continues to say what they think when they think it. I say her actions says she is who she is and when weighing in her mind the positives of having people think she is nice or like her verses saying what she thinks... she seems to always choose saying what she thinks. :shrug:

The bigger question is why do some need her to be something she's not just to like her? Like her or don't like her that's a choice we all make.... but waiting for her to be the person you want or need her to be to like her is quite the wasted time, imho. :shrug:

When people show you who they are believe them. If you need your champions to be super gracious in defeat then Serena is not for you... no problem the earth will still rotate on it's axis. :shrug:

Nicolás89
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Babygurl why you do this? You just said you wanted people to focus on your nice side, so show it for once. :lol:

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
You think she cares, I think she doesn't. :shrug: I say a person who 'really' cares watches what they say all the time and someone who deep down doesn't care continues to say what they think when they think it. I say her actions says she is who she is and when weighing in her mind the positives of having people think she is nice or like her verses saying what she thinks... she seems to always choose saying what she thinks. :shrug:

The bigger question is why do some need her to be something she's not just to like her? Like her or don't like her that's a choice we all make.... but waiting for her to be the person you want or need her to be to like her is quite the wasted time, imho. :shrug:

When people show you who they are believe them. If you need your champions to be super gracious in defeat then Serena is not for you... no problem the earth will still rotate on it's axis. :shrug:

I can't compete against so many shrugs. I was just offering my opinion, but as you say the earth will still rotate on it's axis whatever any of us says or believes.

matty
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM

It is what it is. I think she has long since "realized" that some people hate her and some people love her and could care less about "getting up people's noses". Her cocky attitude, love it or hate it, is part of what has made her the champion that she is. As a fan, I know that she has many faults, but for me the attributes outweigh the faults. Yes, she can be immature, arrogant and bratty--but deep down, I'm betting she is good person and loyal to her family and friends.

Martian KC
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Serena is like Peter Pan isn't she?

Si_Hi
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM

:eek:
only 20%? she has that much?

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:49 PM
It is what it is. I think she has long since "realized" that some people hate her and some people lover her and could care less about getting up people's noses. Her cocky attitude, love it or hate it is what has made her the champion that she is. As a fan, I know that she has many faults, but for me the attributes outweigh the faults. Yes, she can be immature, arrogant and bratty--but deep down, I'm betting she is good person and loyal to her family and friends.

All I really wanted to say, and this is really the last time I will comment on this, is that what she sees as people hating her is in a lot of cases really no more than (avoidable) irritation. Of course if she really doesn't care that is of no importance, at least not to her.

starin
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Serena is just being honest.

edificio
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The post-match interview is intended to explore what happened in the match.

Serena told the truth.

Some of you don't like that, and some of you just have axes that you take every opportunity to grind.

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Awww, Serena is so NICE :hug:

Matt01
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Classless as always :worship:

Can't wait till Caro and Vika give her the next beatdown :drool:

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I can't compete against so many shrugs. I was just offering my opinion, but as you say the earth will still rotate on it's axis whatever any of us says or believes.

yes it is quite the nice smiley. :yeah:

offering our opinions, that's what we do here... you offered yours then I offered mine, etc. etc. :wavey:

Linguae^
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
She is sehy and she knows it. Rena!

spiritedenergy
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:18 PM
lucky shots?

shoparound
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
:lol: at people's comments here. Clearly they did not see the match.
All of Serena's winners pretty came when she was down what down 2-5?
She could barely hit the ball in the court or over the net. Her statements are clearly correct.

Adrian.
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM
:lol: at people's comments here. Clearly they did not see the match.
All of Serena's winners pretty came when she was down what down 2-5?
She could barely hit the ball in the court or over the net. Her statements are clearly correct.

this x 13747693740 :bowdown:

hingisGOAT
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:30 PM
The "20%" comment is entirely predictable.

However, Serena saying that "everyone plays their best match of the year against me" or whatever shows just how self-centered this girl really is. She's made that comment before, too -- something about all her opponents "treeing" against her -- persecution complex alert! She really belives that other players play the match of their lives against her! I've never heard anything so ridiculous, especially considering most of her opponents fold like cheap tents at the sight of Serena.

tennis-insomniac
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
She is just being very honest guys :lol:, and that makes her Serena.

But seriously though, watching the match yesterday, I knew she did not play her best at all. I think she can blame the lack of matches or motivation. That's all I will say.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM
hingisGOAT is so pressed :hah:

theFutureisNow
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Serena is delusional.

Obviously she can beat Wozniacki, but it would take a lot closer to her current 100% level than she would care to admit.

cescsas
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Always good to see Serena showing lot's of respect to her opponents as ever!:lol:

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
hingisGOAT is so pressed :hah:

Can you replace "Stinkis" with "Swiss Piss"? I like it a lot more.

Poor you.. So pressed because your crappy favorite. :spit:

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM

:facepalm: You're such a lost cause btw could you replace Apoleb by Flopoleb, God knows this nickname suits you way more.

ce
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Well, she is right :haha:

bobbynorwich
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I guess after losing to Stosur at USO, Makarova at AO and now Caro at Miami she might actually rethink about how she's playing and hit the gym.

Or time to abandon tennis, go on to her next better career as a professional twerker:

www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy)

ExXotikal
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM
The "20%" comment is entirely predictable.

However, Serena saying that "everyone plays their best match of the year against me" or whatever shows just how self-centered this girl really is. She's made that comment before, too -- something about all her opponents "treeing" against her -- persecution complex alert! She really belives that other players play the match of their lives against her! I've never heard anything so ridiculous, especially considering most of her opponents fold like cheap tents at the sight of Serena.

Isn't your head deep into Hingis shitty booty hole though?

You have some darn nerve talking about Serena's attitude when you stan for whom you stan for. Hingis is only known for talking shit and sniffing coke. Have 7 damn seats.

bobbynorwich
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
She looks bad either way. Either she is lying with a classless excuse about "only playing 20%" or she was incredibly unprofessional by only trying 20% in the quarterfinals of a Masters 1000 event.

Did she explain why she only gave 20% --- maybe too much twerkin the night before?

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0051.gif (http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character-smilies/3/#)

vixter
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I luv Serena for her interviews nothing else:lol:

This. Well, I love her for everything. Serena is pure entertainment, winning or losing. I don't get why so many people have problems with her.

Politically correct is boring.

ivanban
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm afraid Ree is quite delusional this time. She's not in her early 20s, so her all time best form is not applicable in present time :shrug:

vixter
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Uhm, hello, Serena gave Wozniacki a smile too, plus a firm handshake.

What defines a sore loser? Is it how you greet your opponent at the net? Or is it what you say in a press conference? She is only speaking her mind and what she says is basically correct anyway.

Timariot
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I thought that the thread was satire, surely Serena by now - after all the flak she has taken for her supposed lack of class - would know to say better, particularly after a match against one of her best friends on Tour? But apparently, Serena really did say that. Serena must be unluckiest tennis player in the world: it's always some ailment, opponent having great day or making some lucky shots or her game being gazillion billion notches down. Damn!

Seriously, I though Serena played pretty well yesterday, she kept her cool in long rallies, defended with gusto (even if her movement is bit down from glory years), her first serve % was better than against Stosur. It was closer than scoreline suggested, IIRC they won same number of points in first set. Her downfall was her dumb strategy of engaging Caro in lengthy crosscourt rallies - it was the same trap she sometimes fell against Capriati.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM

:nerner::nerner::nerner:

i'd be pressed once i resort to name-calling to players... :bigwave: don't look too far. just take a look at my sig :haha:

jjlove
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Oh well, why is people surprised at this stament? When has Serena lost a match and simply said her opponent was better? Does anyone remember? Nothing more to say.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I see no lies.....

Tennis Ball
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
she is a disgrace

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:58 PM
she is a disgrace

You, sir, are a Drama Queen

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/irenistiQ/fre/ANGELAsurreal1.gif

ACEof DIAMONDS
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:29 AM
I'm afraid Ree is quite delusional this time. She's not in her early 20s, so her all time best form is not applicable in present time :shrug:

She still will have better days more often than not, but I'm curious to see how Serena will handle the decline and how long she will stick around when it does happen. Not to infer that it's right around the corner or anything, but it's inevitable as long as she keeps playing.

carling
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Oh well, why is people surprised at this stament? When has Serena lost a match and simply said her opponent was better? Does anyone remember? Nothing more to say.

But her opponent is NOT better. In order to be Serena, Caroline needed A LOT of help from Serena and she got it. Did you see the match? Serena could barely move. That's a fact.

it-girl
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Well I would say about 5% and that is being very generous.

it-girl
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:15 AM
But her opponent is NOT better. In order to be Serena, Caroline needed A LOT of help from Serena and she got it. Did you see the match? Serena could barely move. That's a fact.Could not agree more.

GAGAlady
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Let's face the facts . Serena didn't play her best and Caroline got lucky Serena is the better player and that's clear as day

VeeJJ
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
The limits ya'll go to to degrade any of this girls wins against players that ya'll huffed and puffed she would never beat. SMH

Cineast
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Wozniacki should have responded that she only played 10%.

It's what I would have done, but then I have no tact.

moemoe
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM
:yawn:Well Maria plays at 15% of her true potential most of the time and still gets far in tournaments, so its no excuse Serena.

Jizynovic
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I always hate her

treufreund
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:31 AM
It's sad that several posters in her say that they want to like Serena but that they can't. They should not want to like her in the first place. She has played great but her sportsmanship is awful and her behaviour on court towards line judges, chair umpires and other players is often atrocious. It was not long ago that she lost to Nadia Petrova and disssed her only to lose to her again and then say that Nadia played the match of her life at the same time that she was playing her worst match and still she only barely lost. She is just not a classy loser at all and that isn't going to change any time soon. She wonders why people don't praise her for being nice!!!??? She is losing her mind apparently. She might want to realize that dissing other players will only make them play her as tough as they can and might contribute to her losses!

M.P
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Miami is no 6th Slam, Sarin only gave 20% :oh:

Yonexforever
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:39 AM
This is what i noticed:
Caroline served better and harder..read more effectively than i ever seen her do.
Serena had a brain fart by not hitting to the wozniacki forehand but that would have required Serena to show up with a forehand of her own.
Watch for the next encounter, i suspect Serena places that i made her run quote on her door.

stromatolite
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:55 AM
It's sad that several posters in her say that they want to like Serena but that they can't. They should not want to like her in the first place. She has played great but her sportsmanship is awful and her behaviour on court towards line judges, chair umpires and other players is often atrocious. It was not long ago that she lost to Nadia Petrova and disssed her only to lose to her again and then say that Nadia played the match of her life at the same time that she was playing her worst match and still she only barely lost. She is just not a classy loser at all and that isn't going to change any time soon. She wonders why people don't praise her for being nice!!!??? She is losing her mind apparently. She might want to realize that dissing other players will only make them play her as tough as they can and might contribute to her losses!

I said I wouldn't post any more on this thread, but since this is coming from the other side I probably should clarify what I meant when I said that I want to like her. I want to like her first and foremost because she's the best player of her generation, and I want her to be a role model rather than the divisive figure she currently is. And although she often behaves badly, I don't really think she's a bad person, she's just very immature and has a huge chip on her shoulder. With age catching up with her, she is in danger of becoming increasingly bitter as losses like this become more and more frequent. Nobody close to her seems to be telling her she needs to change so she probably won't, but if she wanted to I think she could flip a switch and become an ambassador for her sport in her final years on the tour rather than a petulant excuse-maker.

edificio
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:40 AM
“I made her run,” Wozniacki said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-keybiscayne

Here is a link (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=78884)to the complete transcript of Serena's post-match interview.

Obviously, the OP's intention was to troll and it worked. But, if you want to see exactly what Serena said, check out the above link.

bandabou
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM
She still will have better days more often than not, but I'm curious to see how Serena will handle the decline and how long she will stick around when it does happen. Not to infer that it's right around the corner or anything, but it's inevitable as long as she keeps playing.

THIS is the million dollar question. These losses are coming up more frequently. Stosur, Makarova and now Caro...days when just nothing is working and Serena just can't turn it around. How is she gonna handle this new reality?

Londoner
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I said I wouldn't post any more on this thread, but since this is coming from the other side I probably should clarify what I meant when I said that I want to like her. I want to like her first and foremost because she's the best player of her generation, and I want her to be a role model rather than the divisive figure she currently is. And although she often behaves badly, I don't really think she's a bad person, she's just very immature and has a huge chip on her shoulder. With age catching up with her, she is in danger of becoming increasingly bitter as losses like this become more and more frequent. Nobody close to her seems to be telling her she needs to change so she probably won't, but if she wanted to I think she could flip a switch and become an ambassador for her sport in her final years on the tour rather than a petulant excuse-maker.

I agree with this. There is a naïveté and childishness about Serena. And I do think that like a lot of people who explode, she has insecurities.

As you say she isn't a bad person, in fact she probably has a good heart at heart! But I agree she needed help and would be a better player and ambassador if she had had it. I think she would have had several more slams to her name had she been more disciplined and balanced. It's a shame the GOAT of her era wasn't even greater.

pav
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:57 AM
She was telling it right when she said "I have to stop that"Only Vika has done better by throwing in a 5%er after a loss a few years ago

JRena
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:11 AM
It's actually true, that was the best I'd had seen Wozniacki play, specially her serve.

vixter
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:24 AM

But Serena's personality and the fact that she hates losing so much has made her the champion she is. You want her to be more humble and "mature", but if she had a humble personality she probably wouldn't have been the best player of her generation with 13 slams to her name.

What is being an ambassador for the sport? Only saying "I did everything I could but she was really better today" and nothing else in press conferences? Serena is a bit random and crazy and she'll say random and crazy things. And I really don't think she is bitter.

stromatolite
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
But Serena's personality and the fact that she hates losing so much has made her the champion she is. You want her to be more humble and "mature", but if she had a humble personality she probably wouldn't have been the best player of her generation with 13 slams to her name.

What is being an ambassador for the sport? Only saying "I did everything I could but she was really better today" and nothing else in press conferences? Serena is a bit random and crazy and she'll say random and crazy things. And I really don't think she is bitter.

I'd like to think it was more than that.

Critique
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Serena Williams has to stop part time play if she expects to win any sort of big title this year. Flitting in and out of the tour at will is just not an option at age 30. She is not match tough, and she can no longer pull through bad days like this on sheer athletic ability. I am not saying she should develop a generation suck vulture-like schedule, but I will be disappointed if she doesn't play (and take seriously) at least Rome & Madrid before RG. Same applies to Kim Clijsters.

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Williams is classless as always. Venus said many good things about Aga's play...Venus you should teach your younger sister.....

Pathetic.

justineheninfan
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Serena Williams has to stop part time play if she expects to win any sort of big title this year. Flitting in and out of the tour at will is just not an option at age 30. She is not match tough, and she can no longer pull through bad days like this on sheer athletic ability. I am not saying she should develop a generation suck vulture-like schedule, but I will be disappointed if she doesn't play (and take seriously) at least Rome & Madrid before RG. Same applies to Kim Clijsters.

Clay is probably not a priority for Serena at this point. Her chances to ever win another RG are virtually nil, so she wont bother playing alot on clay and risking an injury. She will more likely just make a token appearance at RG, where as always she will fight like heck but will only take her to the quarters at best. It will be part of her Wimbledon warmup really. She should play a warm up for Wimbledon, and several for the U.S Open I agree.

chingching
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I hate the whole serena thing where she says her opponent won because she played bad, not at all saying that they are a good player. this match she did play bad, but there have been many examples of matches she has lost where she has simply been outplayed

matty
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Here is a link (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=78884)to the complete transcript of Serena's post-match interview.

Obviously, the OP's intention was to troll and it worked. But, if you want to see exactly what Serena said, check out the above link.

You are right--OP was trolling, thank you for the link, I hadn't read it.

Serena does complement Woz: "you know, she did well, she moved well...she served harder..."

and says: "No. I mean, she played under the same circumstances as I did. I mean, her dress was flowing, too, I guess.
I can't‑‑ you know, I don't want to make excuses. I didn't win because I didn't play well. There's no reason.

The majority of the questions from the reporters were them asking her about HER game and how she felt, so of course she answered about herself. She can't control how her opponent played, she can only change/control how she, herself, played.

And now I must add, Suck it, haters.

Dodoboy.
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Did she lie?

http://i.imgur.com/QLApT.gif

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Williams is classless as always. Venus said many good things about Aga's play...Venus you should learn your younger sister.....

Pathetic.

What are you talking about? Venus did exactly the same thing as Serena. She pretty much said she'd annihilate Radwanska on a better day.:o

donellcarey
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Who gets serious about Serena's comments? She's an comedian, y'all know that pretty well. :oh:

Young 8
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
At the end of the day one still has 13 Slams, the other ZERO

Rocketta
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Williams is classless as always. Venus said many good things about Aga's play...Venus you should learn your younger sister.....

Pathetic.

I think maybe you should look up the definitions of the words 'learn' and 'teach' and edit your post. :shrug:

I won't call it pathetic because we all make mistakes but it was hard to read a complaint post that has it's verbs mixed up. :help:

Dominic
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Who gets serious about Serena's comments? She's an comedian, y'all know that pretty well. :oh:

So you think she wasn't actually serious when she said she played 20% ?

Sonja1989
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Serena can play much more than in this match, that's sure.

Stamp Paid
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
True tea.

donellcarey
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM

She's just rambling about that number.

Not particularly true, cuz from what I saw, that was a less than 20% performance in the 1st set :oh:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM

This.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I think maybe you should look up the definitions of the words 'learn' and 'teach' and edit your post. :shrug:

I won't call it pathetic because we all make mistakes but it was hard to read a complaint post that has it's verbs mixed up. :help:

Suggested reading for you:

“I’ll learn ‘em to steal my house!” he cried. “I’ll learn ‘em, I’ll learn ‘em!”
“Don’t say ‘learn ‘em’, Toad,” said the Rat, greatly shocked. “It’s not good English.”
“What are you always nagging at Toad for?” inquired the Badger rather peevishly. “What’s the matter with his English? It’s the same what I use myself, and if it’s good enough for me, it ought to be good enough for you!”
“I’m very sorry,” said the Rat humbly. “Only I think it ought to be ‘teach ‘em’, not ‘learn ‘em’”
“But we don’t want to teach ‘em,” replied the Badger. “We want to learn ‘em - learn ‘em, learn ‘em!”
— The Wind in the Willows

SwingVolley93
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Disrespectful. :rolleyes:

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 29th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Right! My mistake. Sorry.

SwingVolley93
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:00 PM
She's just rambling about that number.

Not particularly true, cuz from what I saw, that was a less than 20% performance in the 1st set :oh:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_m1mgozrbSp1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I actually agree with you :eek:

Serena is as classless as ever. She can't take defeat well at all. What a loser :lol:

Geertvg
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Classless as always :worship:

Can't wait till Caro and Vika give her the next beatdown :drool:

Says the one who spends time calling people idiots in the reps... :worship:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Serena is as classless as ever. She can't take defeat well at all. What a loser :lol:

Wozniacki Did Not Shake The Umpire's Hand After Loss To Sharapova!!! - http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=456567

What a bitch!!!

kjsulliv
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM

So what percent do you think she was playing at? I'm sure she was just saying that she was playing horribly. If you disagree with the fact she wasn't playing well at all, you might want to reevaluate your tennis knowledge. And if you're upset that she said 20% instead of 50% or 60% or 80% then you need to stop obsessing over her every word.

Do people actually think she was playing 100% ? Sure she can be arrogant, but a lot of champions are. I much prefer that to these players who verbally fellate their opponents in press conferences no matter what happens during the match. It's boring and repetitive.

Nicolás89
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Wozniacki Did Not Shake The Umpire's Hand After Loss To Sharapova!!! - http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=456567

What a bitch!!!

Yep that's kind of the same as shouting to umpire "don't even look at me" or "you're ugly on the inside". :lol:

And it was match point.

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Yep that's kind of the same as shouting to umpire "don't even look at me" or "you're ugly on the inside". :lol:

And it was match point.

You'd have a field day if it were Serena, instead, so you can shelve the :bs:. Oh and thanks for the badrep for nothing; you remember how it said may you receive the same in return? :lol:

Nicolás89
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:08 PM
You'd have a field day if it were Serena, instead, so you can shelve the :bs:. Oh and thanks for the badrep for nothing; you remember how it said may you receive the same in return? :lol:

:confused:

And you deserve the bad rep for mixing pears with apples. :wavey:

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM

What a bitch!!!
One of the rare times Wozniacki acted badly. Sharapova/Serena do it all the time, but of course that's fine because they're ballbashers :inlove: :weirdo:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
:confused:

And you deserve the bad rep for mixing pears with apples. :wavey:

Whatever. Now you've been gifted with one for your troubles, as well. Think before you rep. For people without agendas, a comment should suffice.

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
One of the rare times Wozniacki acted badly. Sharapova/Serena do it all the time, but of course that's fine because they're ballbashers :inlove: :weirdo:

You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you? I'll take a 13-time slam winner with heart over a no slam winning whiny self-entitled bitch any day of the week. Have a good one!

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM

You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you? I'll take a 13-time slam winner with heart over a no slam winning whiny self-entitled bitch any day of the week. Have a good one!
With heart? So, being a bitch all of the time = having heart? Wrong :wavey: Serena is unnecessarily volatile and insulting all of the time, is rude in defeat and arrogant in victory. She is a horrible roll model and horrible personality. Wozniacki is, 99% of the time, a genuinely nice person who doesn't act as if she's a gift to tennis. Of course she has her bad moments, but so does everybody.

Nicolás89
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Whatever. Now you've been gifted with one for your troubles, as well. Think before you rep. For people without agendas, a comment should suffice.

Because you didn't have an agenda in the post I originally quoted. :lol:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:45 PM
With heart? So, being a bitch all of the time = having heart? Wrong :wavey: Serena is unnecessarily volatile and insulting all of the time, is rude in defeat and arrogant in victory. She is a horrible roll model and horrible personality. Wozniacki is, 99% of the time, a genuinely nice person who doesn't act as if she's a gift to tennis. Of course she has her bad moments, but so does everybody.

Your opinion has been filed. Ask around if you'd like to know what that file resembles; you probably have one on your desktop label trash. G'night.

ivanban
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:47 PM

In last year and a half she won no slams, so in context of this thread your post is relevant because....? :scratch:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Because you didn't have an agenda in the post I originally quoted. :lol:

If classifying her action as bitchy is an agenda (which it isn't), I guess I did. :rolleyes: Unlike yourself, I won't be falling all over myself entering every thread mentioning her name in order to drag her thru the mud, from here to eternity. Now that's an agenda.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM

THIS

Simugna Help
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
One of the rare times Wozniacki acted badly.
Wait, what? She tends to have arguments with umpires when she loses in the third set.

Nicolás89
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:46 PM
If classifying her action as bitchy is an agenda (which it isn't), I guess I did. :rolleyes: Unlike yourself, I won't be falling all over myself entering every thread mentioning her name in order to drag her thru the mud, from here to eternity. Now that's an agenda.

Trying to divert the attention from Serena's comments & previous outburts by posting a link of events not involving Serena in a completely different situation even inciting that Caro should now be called a bitch or bitchy like Serena has been called in this thread for her actions CLEARLY IS an agenda. You just failed hard & now you're mad because you're being called on it. :lol:

For the bolded part, wth are you talking about?

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Trying to divert the attention from Serena's comments & previous outburts by posting a link of events not involving Serena in a completely different situation even inciting that Caro should now be called a bitch or bitchy like Serena has been called in this thread for her actions CLEARLY IS an agenda. You just failed hard & now you're mad because you're being called on it. :lol:

For the bolded part, wth are you talking about?

Mad? What do I have to be mad about? This back and forth we're having? :lol: Are you serious?? What are you, 7? I'm sittin' here smiling with a big plate of fish n chips preparing to watch tennis. What're you doing?

Matt01
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Says the one who spends time calling people idiots in the reps... :worship:

And these things are related how exactly? :scratch:

Nicolás89
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Mad? What do I have to be mad about? This back and forth we're having? :lol: Are you serious?? What are you, 7? I'm sittin' here smiling with a big plate of fish n chips preparing to watch tennis. What're you doing?

Ok, you can continue to focus on the most irrelevant parts of my posts & respond with all the rethoric you want. Out.

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:22 AM

Dude,
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_m1374kgNRl1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

JN
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Dude,
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g247/kenity/tumblr_m1374kgNRl1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/2dw98p5.gif

SwingVolley93
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:29 AM
views.

Charlatan
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM
i see swingvolley had made good use of his time by collecting the gifs while being banned. it's like he was awaiting the time to come back to TF in full force with those gifs

Geertvg
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:07 AM
And these things are related how exactly? :scratch:

Pot. Kettle. It's black.

matty
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:12 AM
You, sir, are a Drama Queen

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g237/irenistiQ/fre/ANGELAsurreal1.gif

matty
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:22 AM

Hmmm, let's see: "she can't take defeat well". Well what in the heck do you think made her a 13 time slam champion? Certainly not, taking defeat well. In fact, it looks like she get's down right pissed off. That's what made her a winner...of 13 slams--maybe not a winner in a popularity contes, but I doubt she cares.

Dominic
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:25 AM
Hmmm, let's see: "she can't take defeat well". Well what in the heck do you think made her a 13 time slam champion? Certainly not, taking defeat well. In fact, it looks like she get's down right pissed off. That's what made her a winner...of 13 slams--maybe not a winner in a popularity contes, but I doubt she cares.

Oh ok so you can't be very successful and still classy and graceful in defeat... that's good to know :rolleyes:

Lulu.
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Serena is not going to change people. Let it be. :lol:

JN
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Serena is not going to change people. Let it be. :lol:

Nor should she.

Dominic
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:46 AM
So what percent do you think she was playing at? I'm sure she was just saying that she was playing horribly. If you disagree with the fact she wasn't playing well at all, you might want to reevaluate your tennis knowledge. And if you're upset that she said 20% instead of 50% or 60% or 80% then you need to stop obsessing over her every word.

I don't care what percentage she was playing at (the only thing that was dramatically worse was her serve BTW) it's a bitchy and unnecessary thing to say. That is the very simple point.

shoparound
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Wow no wonder people don't like Wozniacki and her fans :lol:
Glad she lost to Martha now

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Roughly translated:

"I like to act privileged and think I'm so much better than everyone else because I am Serena...I am a diva and think I am a queen and couldnt fathom someone else beating me fair and square" :rolleyes:

Utterchaos
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Serena can be a sore loser, but I'd rather have a player like that than having players who say rehearsed stuff for the media while on court take fake MTO's, violate time limit between serves, get coached from the stands and retire 5 times a year.

jjlove
Mar 30th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Serena can be a sore loser, but I'd rather have a player like that than having players who say rehearsed stuff for the media while on court take fake MTO's, violate time limit between serves, get coached from the stands and retire 5 times a year.

No surprise in your words, you sound like a sore fan :lol:

bandabou
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:21 AM
GoDokic changed his username?! :lol: Only now I see...still same old song, though.

Who cares what Serena said. She lost anyways and the scoreline ain't gonna change. If she didn't do anything unsportsmanlike DURING the match, then it's all good to me.

Joelina
Mar 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Serena, you faker, retire please :kiss:

Dominic
Mar 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM
GoDokic changed his username?! :lol: Only now I see...still same old song, though.

Well has Serena changed? :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
:worship:agreed!

matty
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Oh ok so you can't be very successful and still classy and graceful in defeat... that's good to know :rolleyes:

Everybody is different--we are not born with all the same personalities and temperaments--she has a temper--so what--that's what motivates her.

Hate her, who cares. There are a ton of players I truly dislike, but I don't go on and on and on about how lame or boring they are and I don't dance around like some a-hole when they lose. People need to hate her if they like and then move on. So you don't like her attitude, great, good to know.

Dominic
Mar 30th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Everybody is different--we are not born with all the same personalities and temperaments--she has a temper--so what--that's what motivates her.

Hate her, who cares. There are a ton of players I truly dislike, but I don't go on and on and on about how lame or boring they are and I don't dance around like some a-hole when they lose. People need to hate her if they like and then move on. So you don't like her attitude, great, good to know.

Ahem ok, does that contradict anything I've said in any way? Me thinks not. My point was that it is possible to be successful yet classy and graceful. If to you being an arrogant ass, is something admirable, then that's your thing.