PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum so bipolar?

Queenpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Everytime a player wins a hard-important match suddenly they're GOAT/the next #1!

Woz was a ball pusher, a hasbeen, had no talent before beating Rena, now suddenly she's a GOAT, super talented and an amazing player who iwll destroy Maria!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111? :lol:

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Sharapova has been playing consistently subpar despite getting great results, thus Wozniacki beating Williams in a convincing way makes people believe she's the favorite. :shrug:

BH both wings
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Why? Well, retrograde amnesia. People are unable to remember anything more than 7 minutes ago. That said: Wozniacki will beat Sharapova because 5 minutes ago I saw a replay of Wozniacki beating Williams and the Li/Sharapova match. Wozniacki is the GOAT, Williams is useless, Li is no tennis player at all and Sharapova is a pusher. Or near enough to make no matter.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Why? Well, retrograde amnesia. People are unable to remember anything more than 7 minutes ago. That said: Wozniacki will beat Sharapova because 5 minutes ago I saw a replay of Wozniacki beating Williams and the Li/Sharapova match. Wozniacki is the GOAT, Williams is useless, Li is no tennis player at all and Sharapova is a pusher. Or near enough to make no matter.

This :sobbing:

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Everytime a player wins a hard-important match suddenly they're GOAT/the next #1!

Woz was a ball pusher, a hasbeen, had no talent before beating Rena, now suddenly she's a GOAT, super talented and an amazing player who iwll destroy Maria!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111? :lol:

That's how TF has always been :shrug:

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Too many haters in GM. The other really stupid aspect is that people pretend they know the future to insult players.
I've seen that with Wozniacki. They act like they came back from 20 years in the future and Caroline never won a major. Thats it is definate she'll never win any.

Its just BS to insult a successful player. Stupid idiots who want to hate on successful pro athletes

Utterchaos
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Because you're only as good as your last match. So currently Woz is GOAT, future slam winner and will be returning to #1 in a month, while Serena is obviously a mug who should retire.

Grigorpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Because you're only as good as your last match. So currently Woz is GOAT, future slam winner and will be returning to #1 in a month, while Serena is obviously a mug who should retire.

If Wozniacki wins a slam I've lost all faith in women's tennis.

http://i44.tinypic.com/w22540.jpg

stromatolite
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Actually only half of TF is bipolar. The other half is so completely obsessed that they perpetually rewrite history to make their faves look good and throw crap at the players they dislike, no matter what actually happens on court (see the post above). Not sure which is worse.

Kipling
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Too many haters in GM. The other really stupid aspect is that people pretend they know the future to insult players.
I've seen that with Wozniacki. They act like they came back from 20 years in the future and Caroline never won a major. Thats it is definate she'll never win any.

Its just BS to insult a successful player. Stupid idiots who want to hate on successful pro athletes

Yeah, well, straight from the horse's mouth. You make the same statements about a whole host of other players as well. As if you're any more clairvoyant.

pov
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
The overall tone of GM is different than it was 3, 4 years ago. To me, it seems more petty and "dumb and dumber" like. But it is what it is. Others might see it as being more fun

TrojanStallion
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Fixed.

Discuss.

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Yes, Woz is coming for Maria's wig next. It's okay to be pressed. :kiss: :wavey:

matty
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Love is fickle.

pov
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Fixed.

Discuss.
Thank you for the example of what I mean.

matty
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM

:worship:

So true. I mean, I think Caro is a pusher and detest her forehand, but I realize she's also an amazing athlete/defender.

duhcity
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
This forum is not. General Messages is.

aguy9797
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
it is called the recency bias..newest events are vividly present in working memory when your opinion is being formed. Thus, newest, surprising results of the most recent matches could lead to pretty serious shifts in your overall perspective.

TrojanStallion
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thank you for the example of what I mean.

Your welcome! :wavey:

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
It just happens :lol:

toxina90
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:16 PM
GM is riddled with spineless, bandwagon-prone amateurs. This is nothing new :shrug:

dsanders06
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry, it really has got a LOT more bandwaggonny than EVER in the past year :lol: Last summer during the US Open, people were claiming it was a foregone conclusion that Serena would break the record for Slams won, then a few months later people are saying it's a foregone conclusion that she will never win another Slam again (when both are ridiculous overreactions) :happy: Azarenka was a local who was never going to win a Slam and would always be destroyed by the top players at the beginning of January, then a couple of months later she was a shoo-in for the Golden Slam. Kanepi was considered a bigger contender for the Australian Open than Sharapova. Kerber, Barthel and Cibulkova have all been crowned as future GOATs at various points in recent weeks just after playing one or two good matches against top players. Not to mention even Goatniacki now being overhyped for playing a decent match against a woeful, injured Serena :happy:

I mean, obviously people here have always been atleast a little bit fickle (as all sports fans are to some extent), but I swear a couple of years ago people around here atleast had a vague idea of how to keep things in perspective.

Ryan
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM

Just shut up and enjoy the lack of hate. :lol:

Infiniti2001
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Welcome to GM where fair weather fans rule... I personally attribute this behavior to the ages of some of the posters :tape:

franklinbouvier
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry, it really has got a LOT more bandwaggonny than EVER in the past year :lol: Last summer during the US Open, people were claiming it was a foregone conclusion that Serena would break the record for Slams won, then a few months later people are saying it's a foregone conclusion that she will never win another Slam again (when both are ridiculous overreactions) :happy: Azarenka was a local who was never going to win a Slam and would always be destroyed by the top players at the beginning of January, then a couple of months later she was a shoo-in for the Golden Slam. Kanepi was considered a bigger contender for the Australian Open than Sharapova. Kerber, Barthel and Cibulkova have all been crowned as future GOATs at various points in recent weeks just after playing one or two good matches against top players. Not to mention even Goatniacki now being overhyped for playing a decent match against a woeful, injured Serena :happy:

I mean, obviously people here have always been atleast a little bit fickle (as all sports fans are to some extent), but I swear a couple of years ago people around here atleast had a vague idea of how to keep things in perspective.

Wait... Serena was injured now?

RenaSlam.
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Wozniacki has one good match win in the past 3 months and this board acts like she's the next GOAT. Give me a break.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:57 PM
That's how TF has always been :shrug:

And the world too :lol:

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
That's what makes this forum exciting. The state of women's tennis correlates with how people react in this forum, and right now, it's a HOT ASS MESS.

Simugna Help
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
There's a certain amount of bandwagoners, true, but I think it's often a case of fans/haters being very vocal after the athlete they like/dislike wins/loses and jumping to absurd conclusions because it fits their agenda.

Nicolás89
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I think people should google what being bipolar actually means.

$uricate
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
If Wozniacki wins a slam I've lost all faith in women's tennis.

http://i44.tinypic.com/w22540.jpg

If Wozniacki wins a slam I will permanently move to the moon.

Then commit seppuku.

Pvt. Kovalenko
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
This forum is not. General Messages is.

THIS :worship:

WTA itself, is kinda bipolar..

miffedmax
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.posters555.com/pictures/Elena-Dementieva-picture-Z1G116163_b.jpg

11 years of rooting for this woman.

And you wonder why I'm bipolar?

Fucking hell, being bipolar is the least of my problems after a decade of Dementia.

Stonerpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, Woz is coming for Maria's wig next. It's okay to be pressed. :kiss: :wavey:

LOL You took Woz out of your sig until last night. STFD

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
LOL You took Woz out of your sig until last night. STFD

LOL, no I didn't.

AjdeNate!
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:14 PM
This thread title is extremely offensive to the people that actually live with bipolar disorder.

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:15 PM
This thread title is extremely offensive to the people that actually live with bipolar disorder.

There is an another meaning of "bipolar" that has nothing to do with a mental disorder.

HippityHop
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:21 PM

All right. Who are you and what have you done with the real dsanders06? :mad:

AjdeNate!
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
There is an another meaning of "bipolar" that has nothing to do with a mental disorder.

One that perpetuates a stereotype against people who live with a mood disorder. Carry on, I was just voicing my opinion that it's insensitive and immature.

Nicolás89
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM
One that perpetuates a stereotype against people who live with a mood disorder. Carry on, I was just voicing my opinion that it's insensitive and immature.

I agree with you a 100%. :)

Jane Lane
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM
LOL, no I didn't.

:rolls: Yes you did, I already called you out on it.

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
:rolls: Yes you did, I already called you out on it.

No. Like I said before...Woz was in my signature before the match. Here's the proof:

When is Wozniacki back in your sig HB?? :bigcry:

Check the date.:wavey:

spiritedenergy
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
i did not see her play in like forever, i stopped watching tennis about one year ago, came back now because of ana doing good, and i must say, wozniacki in her match against serena really impressed me. She was amazing. You can hate all you want, call her pusher or whatever, but thing is, she is a great player with great talent. You should go to play tennis and then you can judge how difficult actually is to be consistent, it's the most difficult part.