PDA

View Full Version : Vika To Continue Her Streak?

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Before this, there was so much talk about how deep Miami's field is and how she'd lose to one of these players. There's so much criticism about how she hasn't faced Serena, Petra, or Kim, but really it's not her fault they aren't playing up to standard to face her in the later stages of the tournaments.

Petra OUT
Kim OUT
Serena OUT

Who's left:
Maria - her pigeon
Aga - her other pigeon
Woz - toss up
Venus - I can't believe of all people, it would come down to Venus to stop Vika's streak :eek:

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Before this, there was so much talk about how deep Miami's field is and how she'd lose to one of these players but now...

Petra OUT
Kim OUT
Serena OUT

Who's left:
Maria - her pigeon
Aga - her other pigeon
Woz - toss up
Venus - I can't believe of all people, it would come down to Venus to stop Vika's streak :eek:

I agree venus is going out to radwanska tomorrow, it always happens when one williams loses so does another one, always in the same rnd, wimbledon last year.

new-york
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Wondering how she'd play Caroline this week.

danieln1
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Lots of people hope that Caro will make the final and win against Azarenka there, it would be the perfect ending, especially a beatdown.

But a Sharapova trashing by Azarenka would be good too :oh:

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Lots of people hope that Caro will make the final and win against Azarenka there, it would be the perfect ending, especially a beatdown.

But a Sharapova trashing would be good too :oh:A Sharapova trashing as in Sharapova actually trashing Azarenka?

StoneRose
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Vika's not in peak form this week, streak in some danger. I called a Vika-Maria final before the tournament began, it's getting closer.

Dan_Doe
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Chill down people, Marion will destroy her tomorrow :smash:

danieln1
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:05 AM
A Sharapova trashing as in Sharapova actually trashing Azarenka?

No, just the same thing that happened in Melbourne and Indian Wells.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Despite her troubles vs Cibulkova, still have a feeling Azarenka will win this week. A potential match up vs Venus could be interesting (and lets be honest we'd all rather see this than Azarenka thrashing Radwanska again), but I just don't think Venus is at a high enough level to beat Vika right now.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:25 AM
i won't be surprised if vika again wins the whole thing...won't be complaining, though

Patrick345
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Nah I think she is overdue for a loss. If she finds a way to win this tournament, I´d be amazed. It is especially tough with an apparently in form fighter like Bartoli nexz and two more potential match-ups against pushers, who are most capable of taking advantage of physical and mental fatigue. Only way I see Vika taking the title is over Venus and Sharapova. She doens´t make it through Bartoli, Radwanska and Wozniacki. No way.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Marion gets no respect.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Marion gets no respect.

The H2H is pretty damning against her though. Vika is what 8-2(1) (Hard to really count Bartoli's WTA Champs win as a real match). She may not be playing at her best yet in Miami, but her confidence has to be even more sky high after the match vs Cibulkova. So in that respect its not that surprising people are overlooking Marion.

Tennisstar86
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:04 AM
When, Serena was on one of her many hot stages Marion was the only players who beat her. She did the same to Venus once. I wouldnt be surprised if she pulls another upset. Vika's looked rough this tournament, but luckily for her shes #1 and benefits in the draw as #1.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:06 AM
The H2H is pretty damning against her though. Vika is what 8-2(1) (Hard to really count Bartoli's WTA Champs win as a real match). She may not be playing at her best yet in Miami, but her confidence has to be even more sky high after the match vs Cibulkova. So in that respect its not that surprising people are overlooking Marion.

Last time they played it was for, what, $100,000?

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Last time they played it was for, what, $100,000? Sorry what??? Last time they played was in Sydney I'm pretty sure.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Sorry what??? Last time they played was in Sydney I'm pretty sure.

:tape: Oops meant at the YEC

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:22 AM
That was hardly normal circumstances though. Vika just didn't give a crap about that match. As soon as she lost the break she led in the 2nd, she just threw in the towel. Sure it was for $100,000, but Vika had bigger fish to fry (the semi finals the next day).

delicatecutter
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:26 AM
LOL Vika totally threw that match and it was obvious to everyone. :rolls: The crowd was not very appreciative IIRC.

IMO Bartoli is not as talented as Cibulkova so Vika should be OK tomorrow.

oh yeah i guess
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM

And Bartoli's only other win was a retirement, no?

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
The arrogance of Vika fans I swear :help: remember that Vika should have lost 1 and 2 if Cibul wasn't a choker. Bartoli finish her off.

oh yeah i guess
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I don't see much arrogance in this thread. In fact, I see much more from fans of other top players.

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I don't see much arrogance in this thread. In fact, I see much more from fans of other top players.

I was particularly talking about the OP who is a troll.

Lighter
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Just some facts :
- winner of yec tie earnt 225 000 $ and not 100 000.
- in Sydney, Marion led in each set with a break up (6-4 7-5 for Vika)
- in Easrbourne, marion led 6-2 2-0 before vika's retirement
- in stanford 2010, marion led 6-3 3-1 before Vika's come back
- in Montreal 2010, marion got 4 set points in 2nd set

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Just some facts :
- winner of yec tie earnt 225 000 $ and not 100 000.
- in Sydney, Marion led in each set with a break up (6-4 7-5 for Vika)
- in Easrbourne, marion led 6-2 2-0 before vika's retirement
- in stanford 2010, marion led 6-3 3-1 before Vika's come back
- in Montreal 2010, marion got 4 set points in 2nd set

Wow, thanks for the correction. If anyone thinks $250,000 isn't enough motivation to win a match, you're crazy. Keep in mind, this is before Vika wona major, became #1, had a huge win streak. She wasn't throwing matches.

She may have played like shit...

Lighter
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Wow, thanks for the correction. If anyone thinks $250,000 isn't enough motivation to win a match, you're crazy. Keep in mind, this is before Vika wona major, became #1, had a huge win streak. She wasn't throwing matches.

She may have played like shit...But Marion defeated players Justine, Venus or Serena despite the fact that they have been major winners. Marion is not like that. That's why she can be dangerous. She knows how to play Vika. She'll try her best, because she likes to fight on a court. I remember that crowd in Montreal became crazy at the end of 2nd set. The fight was absolutly amazing.

LUVMIRZA
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:19 AM
I was particularly talking about the OP who is a troll.

No, you were not. You said - "Vika fans" particularly. Do you see any hardcore Vika fan saying stupid things in this thread? You are desperately trying to degrade Vika fan base, which is quite obvious:tape:

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:37 AM
No, you were not. You said - "Vika fans" particularly. Do you see any hardcore Vika fan saying stupid things in this thread? You are desperately trying to degrade Vika fan base, which is quite obvious:tape:

Tennisation is doing this pretty damn well on his own and not only in this thread. Someone needs to defeat Vika to put some Satan fans in their place.

Djezonfly
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
IMO Bartoli is not as talented as Cibulkova

Gurl I see you trolling

Grigorpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I saw Bartoli practice at the outside courts neat Scotch College in Melbourne, it was quite exciting.

But I don't think this will be a big sweat for Vika, maybe a three setter.

NeKo
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Chill down people, Marion will destroy her tomorrow :smash:

No way.

Utterchaos
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Bartoli beating Azarenka :happy::happy:

Ferg
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
IMO Bartoli is not as talented as Cibulkova so Vika should be OK tomorrow.

Sadly talent counts for fuck all if you dont have a brain to go with it. If every match came down to talent then the rankings on both tours would be very different.

Patrick345
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Sadly talent counts for fuck all if you dont have a brain to go with it. Cibulkova will never have the career Marion has had.

Bartoli is easily more talented than Cibulkova, that´s why she is getting more results. Pound for Pound though Cibulkova is one the very best players in the world. She hasn´t exactly been dealt a great hand by mother nature and to make it as far as she has (for all her bubbly happy slutiness off the court) speaks volumes of her determination. Every once in a while on the right courts, she´ll bust out a near perfect match and you completely forget that she is like 4´11. But that level is simply not sustainable for a lengthy period of time, because of Cibulkova´s body dimensions.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Bartoli is easily more talented than Cibulkova, that´s why she is getting more results. Pound for Pound though Cibulkova is one the very best players in the world. She hasn´t exactly been dealt a great hand by mother nature and to make it as far as she has (for all her bubbly happy slutiness off the court) speaks volumes off her determination. Every once in a while on the right courts, she´ll bust out a near perfect match and you completely forget that she is like 4´11. But that level is simply not sustainable for a lengthy period of time, because of Cibulkova´s body dimensions.

Indeed. She really is like the Olivier Rochus of women's tennis, who the exact same things could be said about (cept the slutiness part :lol: ).

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Nah I think she is overdue for a loss. If she finds a way to win this tournament, I´d be amazed. It is especially tough with an apparently in form fighter like Bartoli nexz and two more potential match-ups against pushers, who are most capable of taking advantage of physical and mental fatigue. Only way I see Vika taking the title is over Venus and Sharapova. She doens´t make it through Bartoli, Radwanska and Wozniacki. No way.
I agree with this. Though I REALLY want a match vs Wozniacki.

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I was particularly talking about the OP who is a troll.Tell me what exactly in my post that's trolling? The fact that I said your beloved Sharapova is Vika's pigeon? Is she not?

Six Feet Under
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Marion gets no respect.

This.
I hope she earns some tommorow.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM
The arrogance of Vika fans I swear :help: remember that Vika should have lost 1 and 2 if Cibul wasn't a choker. Bartoli finish her off.
TBH not a single Azarenka fan said something arrogant before your post. Please lay off the crack and get your head straight, thank you.

Petronius
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:12 PM

You must be kidding. She was almost double bageled by Azarenka just two weeks ago.

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Tell me what exactly in my post that's trolling? The fact that I said your beloved Sharapova is Vika's pigeon? Is she not?

No she is not.

TBH not a single Azarenka fan said something arrogant before your post. Please lay off the crack and get your head straight, thank you.

The way he said it was arrogant beside it's not true either.

Tennisation
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:58 PM
No she is not.

The way he said it was arrogant beside it's not true either."No she is not", that's all you can come up with to defend the fact that Sharapova is not Vika's pigeon? Let's back that up with some stats.

LCS
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Bartoli is easily more talented than Cibulkova, that´s why she is getting more results. Pound for Pound though Cibulkova is one the very best players in the world. She hasn´t exactly been dealt a great hand by mother nature and to make it as far as she has (for all her bubbly happy slutiness off the court) speaks volumes of her determination. Every once in a while on the right courts, she´ll bust out a near perfect match and you completely forget that she is like 4´11. But that level is simply not sustainable for a lengthy period of time, because of Cibulkova´s body dimensions.

Preach.

I am always amazed at how hard and accurate she can hit, especially cause she's usually getting balls boucing higher than her shoulder...it's very draining physically to play like that.

Kon.
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I think the streak will end now in Miami. I wouldn't be overly surprised if she ends up winning the whole thing though :lol:

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM
"No she is not", that's all you can come up with to defend the fact that Sharapova is not Vika's pigeon? Let's back that up with some stats.

Woow I have no problem admitting that Vika is beating the shit out of Maria lately but so far they've played only twice this year and this is just the beginning, beside we're on a surface who help tremendously Vika and her grinding game now come to me during clay season and fast season. Hopefully you won't hide during this part of the season or jump on someone else's back.

laurie
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Oh my goshhh! Looks like Simon Reed was on to something after all :eek:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/simon-reed/golden-girl-carry-off-golden-slam-143205719.html

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
It certainly is looking good for Vika with the players left in the draw. Sure she has a losing record to Wozniacki, but its hard to see losing to Woz right now. Out of interest does anyone know Vika's schedule in the Clay Season?

Jane Lane
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM
It certainly is looking good for Vika with the players left in the draw. Sure she has a losing record to Wozniacki, but its hard to see losing to Woz right now. Out of interest does anyone know Vika's schedule in the Clay Season?

Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid as far as I know.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
That seems to be the schedule of everyone lol. Hopefully might finally get a clash with Petra in Stuttgart. Would be good.

edificio
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:39 AM
On to the next streak!