PDA

View Full Version : Venus has better Court Coverage than Serena

Foxy
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Serena did just what she was suppose to do against Sammy Stousar and serve her way to victory. But today Caroline won because she's fitter than Serena and could go the distance with her.

Venus' court coverage is much better than Serena's because she can consistently hit on the run. Serena is more of a sprinter and Venus is a like a marathon runner, and most of all Venus can run laterally better than Serena.

But all-in-all, this was a good tournament for Serena and she did great to make it to the quarters considering she has not played much tennis since the US Open.

However, Serena will avenge this loss the next time she play's Caroline.

vwfan
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
close before the Serena-Venus wars start.:o

dynamoRockstarr
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:45 AM
plz

winone23
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:47 AM
close before the Serena-Venus wars start.:o

Exactly, people don't take the bait. Foxy is trying to get Williams fans to fight with each other.

Jorn
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I did wake up late today, How did Venus beat Ana so easy in last 2 sets?

Foxy
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:55 AM
You guys are sooooo stupid. It's not to start anything with the Serena fans, it's just a true observation.

Just like the Serena fans make their comments about Vee's second serve and double faults, I can make my comments about her lack of foot movement and court coverage.

It's not to put her down. You also read where I said that she will AVENGE this loss against Caroline the next time they meet.

This win isn't too much for Caroline. It's only 15 minutes of fame because she's gonna lose to Maria. It took everything in Caroline with the help of her father coaching her during breaks for her to win this match.

But those LONG MATCHES Venus had actually made her match tough both mentally and physically. It's better to get those tough opponents in that first week than meet them in the second week.

Besides, Serena has won this title 5 times and Caroline has NEVER won it, so I don't think Serena is too disappointed.

But she's no better to be criticized than Venus or the next person, so shut the hell up.

RenaSlam.
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I agree with you. Serena's movement has not been consistently good for years. Sure she's explosive, but doesn't have the stamina to keep up.

homogenius
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:59 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/179341_o.gif

thrust
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:19 AM
I AGREE. It is not because Venus is faster, it is because she has such great reach. Long legs and arms are a great asset on a tennis court, especially if you are a great athlete as well.

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Duh

Knizzle
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Venus is not moving well this tournament either. I think Serena's movement is better right now.

Kairi
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:35 AM
They're both the same...

winone23
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:20 AM
You guys are sooooo stupid. It's not to start anything with the Serena fans, it's just a true observation.

Just like the Serena fans make their comments about Vee's second serve and double faults, I can make my comments about her lack of foot movement and court coverage.

It's not to put her down. You also read where I said that she will AVENGE this loss against Caroline the next time they meet.

This win isn't too much for Caroline. It's only 15 minutes of fame because she's gonna lose to Maria. It took everything in Caroline with the help of her father coaching her during breaks for her to win this match.

But those LONG MATCHES Venus had actually made her match tough both mentally and physically. It's better to get those tough opponents in that first week than meet them in the second week.

Besides, Serena has won this title 5 times and Caroline has NEVER won it, so I don't think Serena is too disappointed.

But she's no better to be criticized than Venus or the next person, so shut the hell up.

I'm saying Serena can't be criticized, timing is everything why start a thread about Venus' vs Serena's movement right after a Serena loss? You're not a newbie you know darn well what this thread can turn into.

zxcVbnm88
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Venus's movement in this tournament so far has been subpar.

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Venus has an autoimmune disease she's learning to deal with, and Serena had a pulmonary embolism last year. I think it's hard to assess their movement right now, especially since they haven't played. Serena can look slow, but it's often more a footwork issue.

Maddox
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Historically that statement is true, but they're both older and have not played much and have been fighting illnesses and injuries so it's hard to access that now

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Serena is fast no doubt, but she's heavy footed so her movement is exposed a bit when she has to move side to side. Venus while also heavy footed is lighter on her feet and more flexible, not to mention those Olive Oil limbs.

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM
She struggles to defend the backhand corner..that's why it's odd that she insists into going backhand to backhand rallies.

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
your argumentation is based on one crappy match by past-peak serena. please make more of an effort next time.