PDA

View Full Version : WWW: 5th Slam Miami SF - (2) Maria Sharapova vs. (4) Kaman Wozniacki

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Slay her Maria

Craig.
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Wozniacki 63 63. :facepalm: FUCK MY LIFE.

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:25 AM
I agree maria will hit 50+ errors if serena cannot hit her off the court this is going to be no different.

danieln1
Trash her Caro, you just beat a much better player, if Caro plays well she will win this with EASE.

Caro 6-1 6-2 just like IW last year I guess.

Mynarco
Wozniacki 61 61

JRena
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Real winner today was Sharapova.

But I'm afraid GOATniacki will beat her.

Inger67
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Come on Caro!!!!! :armed:

atominside
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Well, Makarova clobbered Serena in Australia. And got thrashed by Maria :shrug: Its a mathchup issue.

sxeraserhead
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Please win Caro :unsure:

We can't have THAT final again :unsure:

*Nefertiti*
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Maria needs to win Miami to prove her ranking.

hankqq
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:29 AM
we'll have a 2011 IW repeat :cool:

mauresmofan
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Caroline should win fairly comfortably Maria is all over the place with her form so who knows?

madmax
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:30 AM
whoop dat ass again champ:cheer:

it-girl
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Caro in 2.

tennisfan5
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Sharapova has not been serving well, and I think the Woz will frustrate the hell out of her, unless Woz has a letdown

danieln1
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I thought the 5th Slam was Beijing :oh:

spiritedenergy
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Caroline will win. But a final azarenka-maria with azarenka trashing her would be fun :oh:

dsanders06
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Oh, I am 100% confident Goatniacki will win. Even if Maria managed to reproduce her GOATly AO08 form, I doubt it would've been good enough to get Maria more than 6 games against the Woz of tonight.

Wozniacki 6-2 6-2, being conservative

starin
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM
kaman woz :rocker:

Double A
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:41 AM
It's so surprising to see people cheering on Wozniacki. :eek:

Hopefully Wozniacki keeps up what she did today. If Sharapova plays how she played in the first few rounds of AO though, she'll probably win.. but that Sharapova is MIA.

Woz in two.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Trash her Caro, you just beat a much better player, if Caro plays well she will win this with EASE.

:facepalm:
One of the stupidest member on TF.

BluSthil
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Alhough Caro will be energized by her win over Serena, I don't think she will be able to match the power of Sharapova. It looks to me that Masha is on a mission ! I'll take Maria in 3 !

flareon
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Its not so much cheering on its more accepting the inevetable.

Gdsimmons
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:48 AM
If Wozniacki keeps her nerve and plays EXACTLY like she did tonight, she will defeat Maria. If not....its gonna be an ugly 3 setter

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I'd like to see Caro play Vika in a final. But Maria has a very good chance.
She just had a bagel and is ready for this match

18majors
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Maria will play a good match and win.

WonderfulLee
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Caroline will win. But a final azarenka-maria with azarenka trashing her would be fun :oh:

agree with this :lol:

ziros
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:00 AM
LOL,you'd never guess the poll was so close by looking at the posts

jameshazza
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I can't see Woz maintaining consistent aggression proactive play for two matches in a row. I would say Masha is 3, with one set lost being a shitty error fest similar to IW. The MSG exho will help it was serious. If she comes out with patient tactics and forgets the brainless bashing then she should win relatively comfortable. Errorpova can humiliate herself against pushers though.

Stonerpova
Same old same old. On Maria's racket.

slamchamp
Woz 6-2 6-4

BepaMaria
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I liked the way Sharapova thrashed Li today. Sharapova right now is a much better player than Serena as seen by this year's results and analysis of their play. Sharapova hits harder than Serena and will breakdown Kaman's defense. She will punish Kaman's moonballs with authority, unlike Serena who was just playing crap. It's really shocking to see Kaman leading the poll because this will again be easy pickings for Maria. 61 62.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:16 AM
A quick look at the head to head between Sharapova and Wozniacki makes it very clear that both players are capable of beating the other. So it comes down to which one is playing closer to their best ability at present. That player is without any doubt Wozniacki. She will win this match in 2 sets for sure.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Seems to be a lot of hype along the lines of Caro beat Serena, she should beat Sharapova easy. Do people really believe beating Serena is going to be easier than Sharapova? Lets face it Serena was horrendous tonight. If she were to beat Sharapova it would be a far bigger victory in my mind. Sharapova is playing reasonably well this tournament off the ground (serve awful, but not like that is uncommon, and something she has played through in the past). Sharapova in 2 tightish sets for me.

A quick look at the head to head between Sharapova and Wozniacki makes it very clear that both players are capable of beating the other. So it comes down to which one is playing closer to their best ability at present. That player is without any doubt Wozniacki. She will win this match in 2 sets for sure.

1 good match does not all of a sudden mean Wozniacki is playing better than ever. Sharapova has been reasonably decent all season (outside Paris where she was ill/didn't care). Hard to claim Wozniacki is playing closer to her best really.

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Seems to be a lot of hype along the lines of Caro beat Serena, she should beat Sharapova easy. Do people really believe beating Serena is going to be easier than Sharapova? Lets face it Serena was horrendous tonight. If she were to beat Sharapova it would be a far bigger victory in my mind. Sharapova is playing reasonably well this tournament off the ground (serve awful, but not like that is uncommon, and something she has played through in the past). Sharapova in 2 tightish sets for me.

Serena was 10x better tonight than was Na Li. So all your logic has just gone out the window. Wozniacki showed she was playing at a pretty high level today. Sharapova showed nothing of the sort against Li. Just to refresh everyone's mind. Wozniacki today hit 12 winners and made just 12 errors. Sharapova hit just 6 winners while making 18 errors. This against a player who was only able to hit 4 winners while making 41 errors herself.

delicatecutter
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Goatniacki easily. Ain't gonna be a pretty match.

delicatecutter
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Its not so much cheering on its more accepting the inevetable.

This. Let's face it; it's a lose-lose either way.

LOL,you'd never guess the poll was so close by looking at the posts

Because Sharapova has her legion of fantards who will vote for her no matter what.

ozza
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Serena was 10x better tonight than was Na Li. So all your logic has just gone out the window. Wozniacki showed she was playing at a pretty high level today. Sharapova showed nothing of the sort against Li. Just to refresh everyone's mind. Wozniacki today hit 12 winners and made just 12 errors. Sharapova hit just 6 winners while making 18 errors. This against a player who was only able to hit 4 winners while making 41 errors herself.

The piece you highlighted wasn't my logic going out of the window though. I didn't even mention the Li match. I said your basing Wozniacki being back to better than ever on 1 match? We've seen her put in plenty of these "goat" performances in the past and nothing has come of it. Those sorta stats also aren't probably the most relevant one vs Sharapova, which will be how many forced errors is Wozniacki forced into from Sharapova's heavy hitting. Its one thing to have Wozniacki's stats vs someone who is feeding your best shot, another to do it from the back foot. Obviously Wozniacki can win, but there is no way she starts this match favourite.

madmax
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:38 AM
The piece you highlighted wasn't my logic going out of the window though. I didn't even mention the Li match. I said your basing Wozniacki being back to better than ever on 1 match? We've seen her put in plenty of these "goat" performances in the past and nothing has come of it. Those sorta stats also aren't probably the most relevant one vs Sharapova, which will be how many forced errors is Wozniacki forced into from Sharapova's heavy hitting. Its one thing to have Wozniacki's stats vs someone who is feeding your best shot, another to do it from the back foot. Obviously Wozniacki can win, but there is no way she starts this match favourite.

:worship:
TF needs more sensible posters like you here

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:41 AM

I never said Wozniacki was back to being better than ever. I simply said she played at a pretty high level. It probably is the best she has played for around 12 months but certainly not the best she has ever played.

But, hey, put your money on Sharapova, I don't care. :)

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:45 AM
:spit: Ana fans are the most pathetic on TF.

Vikapower
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Serena was 10x better tonight than was Na Li.

I'm sure you have better arguments in stock -- :zzz:

What Na Li proposed today was an extreme -- Victoria too played 20x better than Li, Wow I really said something really relevant today. :zzz:

So all your logic has just gone out the window. Wozniacki showed she was playing at a pretty high level today. Sharapova showed nothing of the sort against Li. Just to refresh everyone's mind. Wozniacki today hit 12 winners and made just 12 errors. Sharapova hit just 6 winners while making 18 errors. This against a player who was only able to hit 4 winners while making 41 errors herself.

The winners Wozniacki stroke tonight is generally her averages ;

Last you miraculously forgot to mention Serena's 33 winners to 38 unforced right ? :unsure:

Wozniacki only stroke 8 clean winners off the ground --

Both Wozniacki and Serena ended with 13 forcing shots ; Serena produced much more game than what off Wozniacki in her whole career, when you add all these FE + W it's 46 >>> to >>> 25.

Serena was bad, Ozza is pretty much right, Wozniacki was just solid. At the end just the player with the better offensive margin won, nothing to make mountains about. :yawn:

:zzz: I even almost forgot to mention 58% of Wozniacki's points are Rena's unforced, 32% are Wozniacki's so called 'offensive' plays, I wonder who was really the decider in this push-fest. :yawn:

Brad[le]y.
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:00 AM
another big Serena-Maria meeting denied again.

The last two times, Maria routined Serena's conquerer. What will happen here? :oh:

Cp6uja
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Wozniacki just played hers best match in last 12 months, but in same period Sharapova playing on very high level all the time (except in finals :devil:).

So I have more reasons to believe that Maria will play better in Thursday than Caroline.

gc-spurs
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Um cosmic patterns dictate Maria will win given the revenge she will inflict on her lover's conqueror. Same old.

Gilas.
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Well it seems from last night that Maria can actually stop leaking errors and DFs if she wants, maybe she'll actually stop being embarrassed by Caro on hard now :unsure:

Brad[le]y.
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Um cosmic patterns dictate Maria will win given the revenge she will inflict on her lover's conqueror. Same old.

that's exactly what I said but you made it sound like a prophecy :sobbing:

Ryan
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:05 AM
I hope its a good match - a high quality SF on a stage as big as Miami will be awesome for the game. Also hope Caro doesn't have a letdown, it would take a bit away from her win against Serena. I don't care if she loses, as long as its competitive - that won't let her get discouraged.

Seriously though, how epic would it be for Caro to somehow win Miami beating Serena, Maria and Vika B2B2B. :lol: :spit:

lefty24
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Same old same old. On Maria's racket.

Well it seems from last night that Maria can actually stop leaking errors and DFs if she wants, maybe she'll actually stop being embarrassed by Caro on hard now :unsure:

I read that as stop being embarrassed by Caros hard on.

Stonerpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I hope its a good match - a high quality SF on a stage as big as Miami will be awesome for the game. Also hope Caro doesn't have a letdown, it would take a bit away from her win against Serena. I don't care if she loses, as long as its competitive - that won't let her get discouraged.

Seriously though, how epic would it be for Caro to somehow win Miami beating Serena, Maria and Vika B2B2B. :lol: :spit:

Half this board would die. Like they would physically stop living. :lol:

Brad[le]y.
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Half this board would die. Like they would physically stop living. :lol:

well most people would be happy that Azarenka's streak would be over :shrug:

Shivank17
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Maria has been playing shitty in Miami.
Caro is so winning this. :sad:

andyjason
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Even if sharapova is in Final against Azarenka, she will lose to vika again!!! XD

Johnbert
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Maria has been playing shitty in Miami.
Caro is so winning this. :sad:

i agree with that, but this is wta, absolutely unpredictable :tape: so i wouldn't be surprised by if sharapova wins this...

olivero
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Caro 6-3 6-4

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Potential for the most entertaining match of the year. I expect the crowd to laugh rather than clap at the end of points.

Who wants to see another Crapova beatdown in the final? Hoezniacki better win this.

AliceMariaRenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I love both. I am so torn. I really want Maria to have more titles and slams, but I also want Caroline to win titles and a slam and show all the nasty fans and commentators how doubting and negative they are. I think Caroline will actually win.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
I doubt Maria ever loses to Wozniacki again. I'm surprised at some posts here.

Really don't see Sharapova losing here. She knows very well how to play Wozniacki. Unless she tanks so as to avoid Satan in the final, she's taking this fairly comfortably.

C. W. Fields
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'd say Caro is a slight favorite because it's on HC but I think it'll be tighter than IW last year.

Maria rocks
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Come On Maria Please Make That Final X

gc-spurs
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Maria can win if she plays smart. By that I mean she can still be her ballbashing self, she just has to bash in the right places. In the MSG exho while she was being ruthless (before she realised it was an exho I mean), she was hitting behind Woz and either getting a short ball back or getting a winner. Same in Rome when she has time to set up. In her previous losses to Woz she's hit where Woz has been running towards and even though there's a lot of space you know Sunshine's gonna run that shit down and get it back and Maria's gonna hit to the other side but then Woz is running THAT shit down and then Maria hits out. So if she can implement the hit behind strat, then she's sorted. It should help Miami plays like purple clay.

Antoshka
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Kaman Wozniacki :spit:

The better player should win! So Maria in 2 :D

Johnbert
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Kaman Wozniacki :spit:

The better player should win! So Maria in 2 :D

woz played better tennis in this tournament than sharapova.

FleetSeb
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Maria needs to win Miami to prove her ranking.

Lol no. She already has 2 Premier 5s in her ranking and they are fall intents and purposes no different to Premier Mandatories. She doesn't have to prove her ranking in any way. And if she did it would be by winning a slam. Another Premier title makes little difference.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Maria will most likely win this in straights, but in the nightmareish event that she loses, I really wouldn't mind; one can only imagine the thrashing Lucifer would give her in the final if she couldn't even get past Wozniacki.

The Kaz
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
A win over Serena and the Willytards and Povatards now respect her and the Carotards are worshipping her again :lol:

Fighterpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Maria wont be agressive enough and will probably play the same game that she's been playing during this whole event. Serve will, of course, completely leave her since it's an important stage and she'll probably grind with Wozniacki until she makes an error. And if Woz plays the way she played today, it wont be even close :sad:

Woz in easy 2

John.
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Woz in straights

Sombrerero loco
caro please win this! :D

Sharapowerr
Maria in 2

razzer
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Caro will win this 6-0 6-0

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Maria wont be agressive enough and will probably play the same game that she's been playing during this whole event. Serve will, of course, completely leave her since it's an important stage and she'll probably grind with Wozniacki until she makes an error. And if Woz plays the way she played today, it wont be even close :sad:

Woz in easy 2

Just give up already you undercover hater, you've been at it for one year now :facepalm::facepalm:

C. Drone
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:45 AM
if Masha wont lose her brain, she can do this.

just play nice, girls :oh:

Six Feet Under
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Good luck Caro! :)

... I'm starting to like her ....

Miracle Worker
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Good luck Caro :)

Please Maria, win this in 2 easy set :sobbing:

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
woz, methinks.

Grigorpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I hope Sharapova wins so Venus can drag her in the final.

http://i44.tinypic.com/w22540.jpg

JoPova
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Woz in 2 or Maria in 3.

Emina.
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Sharapova should relly win this match!

Utterchaos
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Sharapova will probably bullshit her way into the final again where she'll get bent down by her master Azarenka. :lol:

DownInAHole
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
The serve will be huge for both. Maria must serve better than she did last year in Indian Wells. Caroline can not just spin in weak second serves, Maria will clobber those for easy winners. I'll take Caroline in three up and down sets.

Corswandt
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
~*Princess Karolina*~, something like 2 and 3. Martha simply unable to hit through Wozniacka from the baseline the way former tennis professional ReeRee still managed to do on occasion, and just spinning in all her serves and having to rally for each and every point on a slow ass court such as this one - this is going to be really ugly.

Queenpova
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Maria in 3

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Maria is going to put in a fantabulously shitty performance, so Fedniacki will prob win this.

Apoleb
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
, this is going to be really ugly.

I can't wait. Even their USO QF highlights had me rolling on the floor. Wozniacki barely making the service line with her forehands and Maria still couldn't do anything with them, feeding her central flat balls with just the right amount of pace. Maria is in bad enough shape to replicate that. I expect her to start pushing at one point during the match like she frequently did out of desperation several times this year. It's Peak WTA with this matchup. Comedy Central could never.

Marcelo.
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Karolina hopefully :cheer:

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'm shocked at these predictions. These boards have gone completely bipolar.

Maria defeated Moonballs in one of the slowest courts on tour last year, so that tired argument of the "slow ass court" really doesn't make much sense.

madmax
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM

Maria defeated Moonballs in one of the slowest courts on tour last year, so that tired argument of the "slow ass court" really doesn't make much sense.

the funniest part for me is where they say "Maria can't hit winners off moonballs anymore":haha:
Now that is some hilarious shit right there

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Caro 6-4 6-3.:oh:

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM
the funniest part for me is where they say "Maria can't hit winners off moonballs anymore":haha:
Now that is some hilarious shit right there

Right?

Kaman NEEDS the extra pace from quick hardcourts, that's why her only decent results have come from playing on them; it disguises her shit serve. All of her crap shots are puffballs on these surfaces, and her serve will be a huge liability. Unlike Serena, Maria is still a mentally sane person, and she'll smoke those limp dick second serves for a straight sets victory.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
One match only and all the Wozniacki bandwagoners are already emerging from nowhere.

The hype will be even more unbearable if Kaman beats Maria.

Let's go Maria :devil: Beat that Danish cookie into submission.

18majors
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wozniacki is winning the poll like Na Li before, good thing the outcome will be decided on court!

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Just give up already you undercover hater, you've been at it for one year now :facepalm::facepalm:

And what happened to you? Didn't you used to stan for Vika? And hope that she would win the AO?

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:39 PM
And what happened to you? Didn't you used to stan for Vika? And hope that she would win the AO?

Nope! I've always liked her but she was never one of my faves.

And I didn't "hope" she'd win it. I just knew she would as soon as she lost that YEC final to Kvitova. Good to see you remember my GOAT predictions :worship:

Corswandt
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
my GOAT predictions :worship:

Martha winning this not being one of them.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM

Umm, that was clay. It has been argued billions of times that Wozniacki does not move very well on clay, which is why she gets exposed by big hitters. Hardcourts are her best surface by VERY far. Add to that Sharapova not being able to rely on her serve and her erratic ground game and all those balls coming back, and it is no surprise Woz has won their last 2 HC encounters.

Sharapowerr
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
If Caroline wouldn't beat Serena, the poll would be completely different, the poll yesterday was also very close with Na Li, i actually think Maria didn't play bad against Li, she was hitting everything at Li's forehand, and it worked, Caro played good yesterday and Serena played bad, don't see Caro beating Masha. Maria 6-4 6-3

Sharapowerr
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Umm, that was clay. It has been argued billions of times that Wozniacki does not move very well on clay, which is why she gets exposed by big hitters. Hardcourts are her best surface by VERY far. Add to that Sharapova not being able to rely on her serve and her erratic ground game and all those balls coming back, and it is no surprise Woz has won their last 2 HC encounters.

They played the expo at Madison square garden this year..

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:46 PM

Maria's movement on clay is even shittier than Kaman's. The difference is how many puff balls Maria will be getting because of the surface speed. These courts are really slow. There's nothing about Caroline's movement on HC that adds anything to her game. It all boils down to how much pace her weak strokes get off the court. Maria will have tons of time, much like in Rome, to swing at the sitters being given to her, considering how rubbery Miami is playing this year.

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Martha winning this not being one of them.

Amanhã falamos :)

vozas
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
OK madmax, tagteam, your turn to drag these haters, I'm off!

18majors
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Hope to see a good match from two top players in good forms.

Novichok
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
OK madmax, tagteam, your turn to drag these haters, I'm off!

LMAO @ Pova fans thinking that they can drag anyone. :haha: Y'all can barely manage a light pull.

CloudAtlas
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
They played the expo at Madison square garden this year..

Feels weird saying this, but Maria is going to serve better and be more consistent off the ground than Serena was so it will be a tougher test for Wozniacki for sure and Sharapova is more than capable of winning in straights but you cannot seriously use the result from a pre-planned exhibition to prove anything :facepalm:

jameshazza
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Feels weird saying this, but Maria is going to serve better and be more consistent off the ground than Serena was so it will be a tougher test for Wozniacki for sure and Sharapova is more than capable of winning in straights but you cannot seriously use the result from a pre-planned exhibition to prove anything :facepalm:

I'll admit you normally can't. But that first set was all business, I will say Caro did look uneasy though.

goldenlox
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I think the key will be Caroline's serve. She held all but once against Serena. When she played Maria in Rome, I think she only held once in set 2.
Interesting that Federer lost to Roddick in Miami, here's the other NYC match.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
some of the posts :help: making a prediction and being way too cocky are different things

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Masha in a 3 set thrilla :bounce:

Chip.
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:16 PM
I can't wait for the result thread :haha:

It depends on which Maria shows up, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Maria in 2 :unsure:

_inocencia_
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:04 PM
caro 6-3 6-4

reason
a) she has been to consistent in this tournament 4 maria's nightmare periods (2-3 games)
b) playing on this level that she has been playing in miami, she will just force errors from maria
c) and not to mention in maria's serve breakes down :o

money on caro, if u ask me :haha:

masha122
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:15 PM
maria better win this !!!

Blu€
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:52 PM
If we get another Vika vs Maria final I'll shoot myself :lol:
I think we'll have a close set, and the winner of that set will win. Go Caro! :cheer:

carling
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:32 AM
This is such a trippy match up because Maria SHOULD have the upper hand on a hard court, but Caroline has won easily the last two times they met. They haven't played since Maria beat Caroline on CLAY at the Italian Open last May.

Again, whether Caroline wins largely depends on how much help she gets from her opponent. If Maria is spraying balls all over the place, she's going to get routed. If Maria plays aggressive, but smart she'll can send Sunshine packing. Can't wait!

COME ON, MARIA!!!!

Mugria
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Mugria's becoming less and less consistent as the year progresses and the fact that she is even making the SF/F of these events is shocking. I think she NEEDS to lose, her level of play should not be rewarded with a Miami title or final and it'll motivate her for clay.

I want Maria to win but with her current form, Caro in straights.

lefty24
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:05 AM
I don't understand how people are ignoring the fact that Woz has been in horrible form all year and that Maria has been in good form.
It's ridiculous.

Trickle
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I have a feeling DFandERRORpova is going to show up. Caro is coming off a big confidence boost. Caro in 3 for me.

doomsday
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Caroline hasn't reached a single big final this year I expect her to realize that she is not the fave in this match.
If Maria moves well, serve well and is not forcing her shots she will win in 2.

Maria rocks
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I feel Maria needs to beat her with power in 2 straight sets, if it goes long and to 3 sets i fear Wozniacki would win.

Londoner
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'd like to see Caroline take this just to see her back in contention for big titles.

Mugria
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I actually think that if Maria plays anywhere near well enough for it to even go to 3 sets, she should win. She just has not been playing that well this week and it probably won't change against Caro. When's the last time Maria raised her game during the later rounds? I really hope she proves me wrong though.

gc-spurs
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Caroline hasn't reached a single big final this year I expect her to realize that she is not the fave in this match.

I hope she doesn't realise this or else she might step up the aggression a bit like in the Serena match.

Serena_Williams_
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Maria will get revenge for her girlfriend Serena :lol:

serenafann
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM
You better beat Maria,Caroline after what you did to Serena- lol. Go Caroline!

Johnbert
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM

well, to your logic in a possibly final aga vs. sharapova, aga would be the favorit 'cause sharapova hasn't won a title this year.

C. W. Fields
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM

Yes, even though Masha doesn't move all that well on clay, either, that surface still favors her over Caro because Caro relies so much more on running balls down.
Also, even though the Miami surface is fairly slow the ball doesn't sit up the way it does on clay, which is in Caro's favor.

But I think the outcome depends much on the serving. Can Caro repeat her good serving from the Serena match? And will Masha serve to one extreme or the other or somewhere in-between?

Rovi
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Who ever wins this tie I hope goes on to win the tournament.But yeah COME ON Maria:)

Rest Maria!
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I hope Wozniacki - if there's one player that wouldn't drop her level in tight moments against the vulture Pova it's probably her.

vozas
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I hope Wozniacki - if there's one player that wouldn't drop her level in tight moments against the vulture Pova it's probably her.

You mean the vulture who plays 10 tournaments a year (4 of them being the slams)? And has the best points earned per tournament averages?

Maria only plays where it matters and usually reaches the final or semis :wavey:

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM

:yeah:

Novichok
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I have a feeling DFandERRORpova is going to show up. Caro is coming off a big confidence boost. Caro in 3 for me.

Caro doesn't need 3 sets to dispose of DFandERRORpova.

Queenpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Woz is winning.

Rest Maria!
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:23 PM
You mean the vulture who plays 10 tournaments a year (4 of them being the slams)? And has the best points earned per tournament averages?

Maria only plays where it matters and usually reaches the final or semis :wavey:
I love how you sidestepped the issue of getting to finals but not actually winning them. :oh::devil:

vozas
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I love how you sidestepped the issue of getting to finals but not actually winning them. :oh::devil:

I didn't sidestep it; it's pretty clear on my post :wavey:

And at least she gets there. Can't say the same about your pushing vultures given their recent results. Don't worry, 6th slam Copenhagen is right around the corner :oh:

longtin23
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Caro can win that UEPova in 2 easy sets

Lorthos
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Wozniacki needs to win this so Sharapova won't get megalomaniac.

If Sharapova wins this tournament there will be no more than 700 pts between Vika and her... Wozniacki needs to stop this from happening!

Utterchaos
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:51 PM
The match is on Sharapova's racquet. She decides the outcome in this match. If she serves well and doesn't make a billion of UE, she wins.

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:53 PM
To be honest, Maria has to play well to win. So, the question is, can she deliver? I doubt that she can. It will most probably be a bad quality match, wich Maria will be all to egar to destroy in her own DF UE trashy way, like IW from last year. :lol:

vozas
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
To be honest, Maria has to play well to win. So, the question is, can she deliver? I doubt that she can. It will most probably be a bad quality match, wich Maria will be all to egar to destroy in her own DF UE trashy way, like IW from last year. :lol:

Glad to see even the Moonballtards themselves admit that Lobniacki has absolutely no say whatsoever in this matchup :hug:

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Glad to see even the Moonballtards themselves admit that Lobniacki has absolutely no say whatsoever in this matchup :hug:

... Woz is either gonna play peak, like she did against Serena, make zero UE and let Maria win only if she is playing at her peak, or Woz is going to play the way she has the past 6 months, and let Maria win if she is play 70%

Peak Maria def. Peak Caro, but it is easier for Caro to be at her peak.

Novichok
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM

Reading comprehension...:awww: :sad: :tape:

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:01 PM

So you didn't see the match from last year. :shrug: I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying that 30-50 UE's and double figur DF's is not a sign of quality. ;)

vozas
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Maria doesn't need to play anywhere near her peak level to beat Wozniacki :happy:

Six Feet Under
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Maria doesn't need to play anywhere near her peak level to beat Wozniacki :happy:

... Only if Caro is playing bad too. If Caro doesn't make UE's, bad Maria will be screwed. Just because Maria hits the ball hard it doesnt mean she is the only factor that will decide a match :lol:

Rest Maria!
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Maria doesn't need to play anywhere near her peak level to beat Wozniacki
She'll certainly need to play 1000 times better than she has so far in Miami to beat Wozniacki. Why are we ignoring what we have been seeing over the last couple of matches?:o
I didn't sidestep it; it's pretty clear on my post :wavey:

And at least she gets there. Can't say the same about your pushing vultures given their recent results. Don't worry, 6th slam Copenhagen is right around the corner :oh:
I'm not a Wozniacki fan.:rolleyes:

Johnbert
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM
brilliant stuff from those povatards again :drool:

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Noe, let's hope the better woman win's :lol:

Shivank17
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM

First Wozniacki fan who doesn't want Wozniacki to win. :lol:

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:40 PM

:lol:

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Maria in two.

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Maria will get revenge for her girlfriend Serena :lol:

This. She always does remember :oh:.

asmad77
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Caro destroy this useless barbie girl..:)

Attemus
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I hope Sharapova wins so Venus can drag her in the final.

http://i44.tinypic.com/w22540.jpg

:lol:

vozas
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
This. She always does remember :oh:.

She does indeed! She beat Jameka's conqueror the following round at the Australian Open in 2006, 2008 and 2012. I'm sure there were other occasions.

Queenpova
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:56 PM
LMFAO

faboozadoo15
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not a Wozniacki fan.:rolleyes:

Just a Sharapova hater. :wavey:

Steff_forever
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I guess it'll be quite balanced and just some few pts will decide the 3rd. The opposite of many one-sided perceptions in here.

My pick is: Caro in 3, sorry Masha...

good luck both girls !

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:18 PM
caro in 3 :)

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
She does indeed! She beat Jameka's conqueror the following round at the Australian Open in 2006, 2008 and 2012. I'm sure there were other occasions.

:oh:. Hopefully tonight will be the same :oh:.

Sonja1989
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hopefully Caro but I think Maria will win.

poulao
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
It's the final count doun guy's :lol:

KV
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Hopefully Sharapova.

Shivank17
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:57 PM

:rolls: :hug:

This is signature worthy. :hearts:

Shivank17
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM

The better woman won . :) :D

jameshazza
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:01 PM
This match did prove that it really is on Sharapova's racquet. Ball lands in she holds/breaks. Balls land out she loses five games in a row :help:

Also, Caro played very well. She really stepped it up in the third - she can be aggressive, maybe the slump will end (after clay-court season of coure)

Mashabator
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:04 PM
i guessed masha in 3, i knew she could do it!