PDA

View Full Version : Let's be real here, is Sharapova one of the most overrated ever?

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Honestly, the way people have been overrating her after she came back :facepalm: I mean she wasn't THAT great before, but she's been a mental midget for 3 years and people keep overrating her thinking that she has anything to do with the old Sharapova. She's like a Wozniacki V2, she hasn't anything to do against the real elite of tennis: Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka... she can't even dream of defeating them.

Emina.
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:53 PM
:happy::happy::happy:

LeRoy.
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Sharapova's second career ( 2009-) is mediocre at best. :shrug:

Novichok
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Yes.

Nicolás89
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Golovin. At least on this forum.

atominside
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
what a hater.

Fighterpova
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
She's still way better than most player. At least she's constantly reaching SF of all tournaments she plays. There will come a time when her game has improved to the point that she'll win another Slam. She's still one of the best and I know she can do it :cheer:

Charlatan
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM
she is overrated (admittedly), at least the post-surger pova is. however, the most overrated? NOPE
where are 'peak pierce' and 'goat barthel'? :rolleyes:

Attemus
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Sharapova's second career ( 2009-) is mediocre at best. :shrug:

Your completly right.I mean, reaching finals at Wimbledon and AO, and being number two of the world is so...mediocre

doktor
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Honestly, the way people have been overrating her after she came back :facepalm: I mean she wasn't THAT great before, but she's been a mental midget for 3 years and people keep overrating her thinking that she has anything to do with the old Sharapova. She's like a Wozniacki V2, she hasn't anything to do against the real elite of tennis: Kvitova, Serena, Azarenka... she can't even dream of defeating them.

She beat Petra 2 months ago.

Charlatan
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:18 PM
She beat Petra 2 months ago.

that's why sammo doesn't know what he is talking about.

btw, people on TF should be the last ones to even talk about the word 'overrated' i mean the way you guys hype kvitty-goat, legend, peak pierce. so much double standard
hell, even players like kanepi, kerber, barthel are hyped to a ridiculous extent after their title wins

LeRoy.
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Your completly right.I mean, reaching finals at Wimbledon and AO, and being number two of the world is so...mediocre

Yes, by her standards it is. At a time when Schiavone/Na Li/Stosur are winning slams, reaching GS finals and then getting your ass handed to you by first time GS finalists is mediocre from a 3 time GS champion.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:29 PM
that's why sammo doesn't know what he is talking about.

btw, people on TF should be the last ones to even talk about the word 'overrated' i mean the way you guys hype kvitty-goat, legend, peak pierce. so much double standard
hell, even players like kanepi, kerber, barthel are hyped to a ridiculous extent after their title wins

+1

x 1.000.000

Russianboy
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/x0xchelzx0x/gifs/0000bz4d.gif