PDA

View Full Version : Serena: I don't get enough credit for being nice

supergrunt
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Serena Williams explained why she apologized to Samantha Stosur after she lost a Hawk-Eye challenge at Miamiís Sony Ericsson Open. Williams won the match in straight sets. In the 2011 U.S. Open final, which she lost to Stosur, Serena got into a confrontation with chair umpire Eva Asdaraki.

"I always do kinda out of habit," Serena told reporters about the Hawk-Eye apology. "I don't mean to. I don't get enough credit for being a super nice person and clapping on good points. They only focus on me yelling at umpires. I'm actually an unbelievable professional competitor out there."

http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=16991&zoneid=25

Too true. Thoughts?

#1SteffiGraf#1
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:06 PM
She doesnt get enough credit for being a normal person? Oh I get it, she wants free-credit. Typical.:rolleyes:

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric: :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric: :hysteric::hysteric:

FIRST THE CLAY AND THEN THIS

:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric::hysteric: :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

donellcarey
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:14 PM
:spit: She's totally lost in the joy

Mynarco
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:19 PM
huh? :sobbing:

Siderophyre
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:21 PM
:spit: She's taking the piss. Just ask Safina.

kiwifan
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
when is the last time any of you who disagree, credited her for doing anything nice? :scratch:

zackly!!! :p

sammy01
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:22 PM
wait so when she is a bitch and out of control she wants people to not focus on it, but when she is normal she wants credit for it :tape:

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM
wait so when she is a bitch and out of control she wants people to not focus on it, but when she is normal she wants credit for it :tape:

:worship:

Pureracket
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the next thread to reach 3904892843490 million posts....

Pie800
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Kim tweeted a little earlier that she thought Serena was incredibly professional in response to a tweet from Matt Cronin.

Matt Cronin (original) tweet: "..at umpires. I'm actually an unbelievable professional competitor out there." (obviously quoting Serena)
Kim Clijsters response (of her own will) "@TennisReports i agree!! She really is ..."
Matt's post following Clijsters response: "If @Clijsterskim agrees Serenas unreal professional, that closes door on conversation. BUT Serena is different with other players & umpires"

Dr. Feelgood
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:29 PM
:lol: omg i hope she's kidding

Cajka
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Serena :lol:

It's true, by the way. People always focus on her outbursts, but otherwise - she's really OK on court and totally sweet off court. And she doesn't get enough credit for that.

Attemus
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM
She is a very beautiful person on the inside, unlike some umpires out there...

TuxedoSlam
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:38 PM
She's a beast on court, but if you follow her twitter you'll find she's actually very girly, bubbly and even a bit naieve. She's fun.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Serena :lol:

It's true, by the way. People always focus on her outbursts, but otherwise - she's really OK on court and totally sweet off court. And she doesn't get enough credit for that.

She takes the time to have lovely conversations with her opponents at the end of her matched. She may have hammered someone into the ground like a nail but she leaves them smiling to walk away with their dignity.

Halepsova
Serena's bashing thread as always. :rolleyes: :weirdo:

Tenis Srbija
"super nice" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT........

Serena Williams ‏ @serenawilliams
In players lounge watching @DjokerNole say hi to some fans. Novak is so nice, and sweet I'm honored to be in the same sport as he! Go Nole! :worship:

Stonerpova
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Touche :lol:

Mynarco
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I quite like her serenafriday to be honest.

shoryuken
"super nice" :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT........

Serena Williams ‏ @serenawilliams
In players lounge watching @DjokerNole say hi to some fans. Novak is so nice, and sweet I'm honored to be in the same sport as he! Go Nole! :worship:

Nole's response was just as sweet :hearts:

JN
:lol:
Serena's playing y'all like a piano. Hahaha!! She's pure love and all of you know that! :inlove:

Queenpova
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
She's classless

Kipling
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:45 PM
*cough*EE6Z5Q2tOk4*cough*

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Nole's response was just as sweet :hearts:

Novak Djokovic ‏ @DjokerNole
@serenawilliams That's very nice from you.I owe you a big hug tomorrow ;-) xx

Yup :angel:

Chakvenus
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Well she has a point. She does clap after really good points if her opponent wins them, just look at her RG QF with Sveta in 2009. They were both applauding each other regularly. And not many other players do that, prime JJ being another.

Mightymirza
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:50 PM
:lol: Shes clearly kidding..

Dominic
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:03 PM
:haha: I really hope she's not delusional enough to think she is actually nice and this is just one of her silly jokes.

pattyclijsters
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:05 PM
because she isn't nice...

pierce85
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:07 PM
If somehow nice = total bitch then Serena is the nicest tennis player I've ever seen

Cosmic Voices
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
bitch you are hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

sammy01
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:09 PM
serena applauds sveta or any other wta player she likes or doesn't feel threatened by, she says henin hits 'lucky shots'. make of that what you will.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM
serena applauds sveta or any other wta player she likes or doesn't feel threatened by, she says henin hits 'lucky shots'. make of that what you will.

She was always talking good about Janković, even in the days when Janković threatened her a lot...

The Dawntreader
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:13 PM
A bit of a flippant statement, but it's not like Serena is a monster.

And it's worth noting after that bitch-fit in the USO final, she readily applauded Stosur's winning shot in the next couple of points that followed.

Just sayin.

Slampova
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM
She's always applauding opponents for awesome shots :shrug: I've seen her do it a LOT
Apart from the odd outburst here and there she is very professional on the court :)

Apoleb
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:20 PM
wow Serena, it's so magnanimous of you to be nice. What an awesome person you are. :bowdown:

The Witch-king
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Kim tweeted a little earlier that she thought Serena was incredibly professional in response to a tweet from Matt Cronin.

Matt Cronin (original) tweet: "..at umpires. I'm actually an unbelievable professional competitor out there." (obviously quoting Serena)
Kim Clijsters response (of her own will) "@TennisReports i agree!! She really is ..."
Matt's post following Clijsters response: "If @Clijsterskim agrees Serenas unreal professional, that closes door on conversation. BUT Serena is different with other players & umpires"

:lol: at the need to add that

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I'd actually say most of the time Serena is very sporting on court and very good natured as well. However she does have a very short fuse and when she perceives she has been hit with an misjustice, even when she actually hasn't, she is prone to explode in a way that doesn't do anybody, including herself, any favours. Still such occurrences are relatively rare, although as they seem to happen at the worst of times, they do understandably capture a lot of attention. Most of the time she actually rates very highly in terms of good sportsmanship.

Linguae^
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Oh, Serena, well done again. You go, girl. Cmon.

Mrs. Peel
I'd actually say most of the time Serena is very sporting on court and very good natured as well. However she does have a very short fuse and when she perceives she has been hit with an misjustice, even when she actually hasn't, she is prone to explode in a way that doesn't do anybody, including herself, any favours. Still such occurrences are relatively rare, although as they seem to happen at the worst of times, they do understandably capture a lot of attention. Most of the time she actually rates very highly in terms of good sportsmanship.

this

Sammo
She's basically bipolar.

NicolŠs89

I was eating a tomato salad with mayo & this post literally made me spill everything up. :sobbing:

Stonerpova
wow Serena, it's so magnanimous of you to be nice. What an awesome person you are. :bowdown:

I'm just curious. Do you like any tennis player?

Craig.
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:25 PM

Christine Henin-Hardenne.

Raiden
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:26 PM
If Serena's "super nice" all of a sudden, then it means she feels that player poses no threat :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I was eating a tomato salad with mayo & this post literally made me spill everything up. :sobbing:

Now that sounds :tape:

manu32
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Obviously,best player on WTA.nothing to add,skip easily previous comments.

Pie800
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:29 PM
:lol: at the need to add that

:p I'm no fan of Serena to be honest. And I certainly don't approve of some of her on-court antics. I personally think some of it to be utterly disgusting. 2009 USO SF and USO F last year, case in point. Just thought it was interesting that Kim would offer that, especially given the last time they played was the match of that very controversial 2009 USO semi-final where Serena's behaviour was appalling.

Stonerpova
If Serena's nice, then it means yer the kinda player who she feels poses no threat :lol:

Hence her "friendship" with Woz :lol:

manu32
If Serena's nice, then it means yer the kinda player who she feels poses no threat :lol:

cancel your avatar asap,thanks

Craig.
Hence her "friendship" with Woz :lol:

Your avatar :inlove:

homogenius
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:30 PM

true but that was in the press conf after the match.she did give credit to Justine on court :

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8117/bitchloopeh7.gif

JN
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:31 PM
She's always applauding opponents for awesome shots :shrug: I've seen her do it a LOT
Apart from the odd outburst here and there she is very professional on the court :)

No. The odd outbursts are all that matter. We must keep the hate intact no matter how misguided. Any and all that is good, normal or exceptional is to be disregarded. :help:

Matt01
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM
She was always talking good about Janković, even in the days when Janković threatened her a lot...

Jankovic never threatened Serena. Serena OTOH with Shino...:crying2:

DefyingGravity
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:32 PM

This.

Is it wrong for Serena to have a short fuse? She regularly smiles at the net, and even after she lost to Stosur, she SMILED at her and was generally pleasant to Sam. Yes, she has had a couple of moments, but she perceived herself to be, as shvedbarilescu says, cheated and she responded as such. As if no one here has ever had a meltdown playing tennis in much lower stakes at the grassroots to semi-pro level.

edificio
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Was it your intention to create another thread in which to bash Serena? Well done.

manu32

none becoz lost in the stratosphere....

JRena
She's obviously trolling the haters.

Dominic
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:35 PM
No. The odd outbursts are all that matter. We must keep the hate intact no matter how misguided. Any and all that is good, normal or exceptional is to be disregarded. :help:

Of course the outbursts are all that matters, how is it that the vast majority of players are able to go a whole career without a crazy nonsensical agressive fit like that? With things as big as this, one is one too many, let along 2. And it's not like Serena has always been nice anyway, even without taking these 2 incidents into account.

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Jankovic never threatened Serena. Serena OTOH with Shino...:crying2:

Sure, that's why the H2H between two of them is 7-0 is Serena's favour and she also never lost a set in those matches ;)

pierce85
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
This.

Is it wrong for Serena to have a short fuse? She regularly smiles at the net, and even after she lost to Stosur, she SMILED at her and was generally pleasant to Sam. Yes, she has had a couple of moments, but she perceived herself to be, as shvedbarilescu says, cheated and she responded as such. As if no one here has ever had a meltdown playing tennis in much lower stakes at the grassroots to semi-pro level.

US Open 2009
Us Open 2011
humiliating comments for Safina (Rome and Madrid)
I'm not Justine
calling Maria and Justine bitches during a match

I've never seen a player having so many "moments" as you call them apart from McEnroe and even he didn't threaten a lineswoman

manu32
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
This board as the WTA needs Serena

dsanders06
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Well she has a point. She does clap after really good points if her opponent wins them, just look at her RG QF with Sveta in 2009. They were both applauding each other regularly. And not many other players do that, prime JJ being another.

Your attempt to make applauding opponents' shots the definitive thing that makes someone a nice person, fails when you admit that even Jankovic would qualify as a nice person under such a system :lol:

kris719
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:39 PM
i am by no means a fan of serena but i do believe she is a friendly person to most people on tour

Vincey!
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Well I do think normally she's fairly nice and shows good gamesmanship BUT when she loses her temper she's just totally classless.

It's kind of wrong to claim that people don't tell her she's nice enough tho, I mean if they comment your outburst clearly it's because you acted wrongly so you're not always nice. lol The fact that she doesn't always reckon how wrong she can act when pissed off makes her nice moments less important.

The Witch-king
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:43 PM
US Open 2009
Us Open 2011
I'm not Justine
calling Maria and Justine bitches during a matchI've never seen a player having so many "moments" as you call them apart from McEnroe and even he didn't threaten a lineswoman

Its funny because in none of those situations did she lie :lol:

shoparound
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Before her match against Stosur
http://youtu.be/p7a0InUBbRQ at 10:50

"It's not even about revenge, she's a sweet girl..."

-Serena

harloo
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM
:lol: Serena always has the best quotes. She says this stuff to make her detractors mad and it works every time.

edificio
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:47 PM
US Open 2009
Us Open 2011
I'm not Justine

I've never seen a player having so many "moments" as you call them apart from McEnroe and even he didn't threaten a lineswoman

Bit of a stretch, dear. You assume she was calling Maria and Justine bitches. Perhaps that's your own failing. As for your comments during her press conference about Safina, I hardly call those humiliating. In fact, she started out complimenting her on winning those events, so...:shrug:

Saying she's "not Justine" is hardly bad behavior. Talk about overblown.

Her two failings have been the outbursts at the US Open. That is it. The rest is just sport and your own assumptions.

She's a nice enough person and also a humanitarian (if charity can be counted), but she is also human and makes mistakes. The people that hold on to her worst moments want to. They want to hold those up as proof that she is a horrid person. No charity in their hearts. Everyone else knows we all have our low moments. All of us. "Allez up your fucking ass," for example.

DefyingGravity
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
US Open 2009
Us Open 2011
I'm not Justine

He threw a racket in the general direction of an umpire. How is that not threatening?

EmJi_oc7t10

Jim Courier purposefully hit a ball in the direction of the chair umpire. You can tell from how he's opened up his shoulders.

0u-hkd5tVzs

Serena explained to Jankovic that she didn't mean/want to take the point away from her in Rome, and the fact that she mentioned Justine's documented moment to her doesn't mean that she's being a bitch. She's referencing what happened, which was proven to be a form of cheating by nearly every commentary team that day.

And again, who are we to talk about name-calling when this entire board partakes in name calling of the players themselves, the posters, etc. I remember when Serena called Maria a bitch, and that was after she was hit with the ball by Maria at the 2007 Australian. It's a valid play, but there were other portions of the court open. She didn't necessarily have to tag her, and all she did was continue to fuel Serena's fire.

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Its funny because in none of those situations did she lie :lol:

:facepalm:

Craig.
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:52 PM
If this was 2004 I'd say the same thing about yours :lol:

OMG :crying2: Yes, I still watch it. Yes, it's not as good as it used to be. Yes, they're the best :hearts:

Stonerpova
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM
OMG :crying2: Yes, I still watch it. Yes, it's not as good as it used to be. Yes, they're the best :hearts:

I always kept the faith in Brooke and Lucas for some God-forsaken reason :sobbing:

Dominic
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:55 PM
:lol: Serena always has the best quotes. She says this stuff to make her detractors mad and it works every time.

I don't see anyone mad here, just ppl laughng at her lol

Craig.
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:56 PM
I always kept the faith in Brooke and Lucas for some God-forsaken reason :sobbing:

Who didn't? :tears: They had more chemistry than Lucas and Peyton ever did. We're getting slightly off-topic here :lol:

NicolŠs89
Mar 27th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Before her match against Stosur
http://youtu.be/p7a0InUBbRQ at 10:50

"It's not even about revenge, she's a girl..."

-Serena

(about her match with Sam) "She obs wants to prove it wasn't luck"

Why gurl? Why? :hysteric:

Roookie
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:19 AM
She deserves an award for that :bowdown:

StoneRose
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Serena's got quite a temper, it's not always easy to control that and it certainly doesn't make her a nasty person. Overall she seems quite nice off court and someone who apart from the occasional outburst shows good sportsmanship on court.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:43 AM
burn her at the stake...pronto

Pie800
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Who didn't? :tears: They had more chemistry than Lucas and Peyton ever did. We're getting slightly off-topic here :lol:

Ok, last comment on this. I was totally rooting for them too! Still can't believe Chad cheated on Sophia. Gosh.

Dav.
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I actually think she is a really sweet person, but gets caught up in the moment in matches. :shrug:

Yes, she's lashed out at umpires for unwarranted causes several times, but what player hasn't at some point? She's also been cheated a few times herself. I was one of her biggest critics when I was a regular here, but I've definitely grown to respect her greatly as an athlete and as a person.

timafi
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:06 AM
oh the irony :help: :facepalm: :lol:

faboozadoo15
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM
That's hilarious.

I don't think Serena is an evil person; I just think she's highly motivated and emotional and has a predisposition to show vile and ignorant behavior. :tape:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Funny how people ignore that win or lose Serena always has a smile at the net for her opponents, often times consoling her opponents with a shoulder rub etc; While some of these other bitches won't even look their opponent in the eye at the net and barely shake hands.

JRena
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Obviously Serena is so nice that she gave Wozniacki a win, because if she didn't Piotr would have disowned her.

mickymouse
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Actually it's true. I've always thought Serena and Venus to be nice, especially Venus who seldom even argues on court. When they lose, they are always gracious at the net, and this is a rare trait from the WTA.

It's their fans who are insufferable.

Sp!ffy
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:41 AM
....she fist pumped a net cord today...

what a fake b

JRena
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:46 AM
I've seen people "Come on" a double fault, what's your point.

StoneRose
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:50 AM
....she fist pumped a net cord today...

what a fake bNP for me, kind of refreshing actually .That fake apologizing might be politically correct but it's also a bit annoying.

Sp!ffy
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I've seen people "Come on" a double fault, what's your point.

Do you see those players complaining about "not getting enough credit for being nice"? :rolleyes:

dreamgoddess099
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:10 AM

This. I wish Serena was a bigger bitch, I respect bitches. It's fake bitches I don't like. At least she's real.

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Do you see those players complaining about "not getting enough credit for being nice"? :rolleyes:
Oh God. :facepalm: When did they let you out of solitary?

Sp!ffy
Mar 28th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Oh God. :facepalm: When did they let you out of solitary?

Serena and her fans loving playing the victim role. Serena expects us to forget when she berates line judges, fist pumps net cords, insults her opponents in their face (and behind their back).....yet cries when she does one good thing and no one "gives her enough credit". :awww::awww:

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Serena and her fans loving playing the victim role. Serena expects us to forget when she berates line judges, fist pumps net cords, insults her opponents in their face (and behind their back).....yet cries when she does one good thing and no one "gives her enough credit". :awww::awww:

53FpPUZLXGg

Who would think I'd be required to post this twice in one week? Go take your Ritalin. Geeze!

treufreund
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Don't forget her very classless remarks after her losses to Nadia Petrova and how she screamed "I'm sick of her" about Zheng Jie.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Funny how people ignore that win or lose Serena always has a smile at the net for her opponents, often times consoling her opponents with a shoulder rub etc; While some of these other bitches won't even look their opponent in the eye at the net and barely shake hands.

this. i think a lot of people fail to realize their gracious behavior at net from the sisters

darrinbaker00
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:46 AM

Feel better now?

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Who would think I'd be required to post this twice in one week? Go take your Ritalin. Geeze!

Well if you post that when you have nothing relevant or valuable to reply, you shouldn't be surprised you have to use it multiple times :lol: Your unconditional Serena stanning is sure to make that happen. You know you don't have to defend her ALL THE TIME. Sometimes she is wrong, or unreasonable or says stupid stuff, as a man in his 40's you should have already realized that :lol:

Lulu.
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
She's right. :shrug:

Brena
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Serena Williams explained why she apologized to Samantha Stosur after she lost a Hawk-Eye challenge at Miamiís Sony Ericsson Open. Williams won the match in straight sets. In the 2011 U.S. Open final, which she lost to Stosur, Serena got into a confrontation with chair umpire Eva Asdaraki.

"I always do kinda out of habit," Serena told reporters about the Hawk-Eye apology. "I don't mean to. I don't get enough credit for being a super nice person and clapping on good points. They only focus on me yelling at umpires. I'm actually an unbelievable professional competitor out there."

Too true. Thoughts?

Don't worry, Serena, I'm sure Woztards think you're a super-nice person, now. Stosur's fans as well.

bandabou
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Two outbursts have totally tainted Serena..whereas for most of the time she's a pretty good sport on the court where it matters. No bathroom breaks, heck not even drinking between changeovers in TB's.

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I don't get enough credit for being a super nice person and clapping on good points. They only focus on me yelling at umpires. I'm actually an unbelievable professional competitor out there."

i don't know if i should :facepalm: or :spit: . how do you react when someone approaches you and goes "i'm really, really nice. no, really! just look at me!" the statement also insinuates that she still can't accept the blame for those incidents. weirdo.

The Kaz
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:54 AM
:happy:

chingching
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Too true. Thoughts?

She obviously doesnt get enough credit for being arrogant. "im such a nice person". get some humility!!

naranka
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:14 AM
She obviously doesnt get enough credit for being arrogant. "im such a nice person". get some humility!!

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
Requires excessive admiration
Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

doomsday
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM

Tbh I've seen Serena applauding Maria in Miami 2007 and even Henin in Miami 2008 but it's true that in those matches she was leading comfortably (61 41 against Maria in 2007 and 62 40 against Henin :lol: :lol: :lol: )

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well if you post that when you have nothing relevant or valuable to reply, you shouldn't be surprised you have to use it multiple times :lol: Your unconditional Serena stanning is sure to make that happen. You know you don't have to defend her ALL THE TIME. Sometimes she is wrong, or unreasonable or says stupid stuff, as a man in his 40's you should have already realized that :lol:

Um, yeah, that made sense and wasn't a waste of seconds off my life. :rolleyes:

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Um, yeah, that made sense and wasn't a waste of seconds off my life. :rolleyes:

:lol: Very mature and constructive reply as usual. Expected nothing less from you :)

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
:lol: Very mature and constructive reply as usual. Expected nothing less from you :)

Ditto, oh pressed one.

Vuvurenka
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah, nice enough to gift Kaman a win so that her H2H doesn't look that dismal against the old guards :D

Anyway Rena...it's difficult to take your words seriously when you say something like this, and then say another thing the next :o

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Ditto, oh pressed one.

What was immature about what I said? I said you don't ALWAYS have to defend her, sometimes her actions are not admirable. If you can't see this at your age, that's a problem between your ears sweety. The only pressed one is you :lol: I just find your unconditional stanning pathetic.

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
What was immature about what I said? I said you don't ALWAYS have to defend her, sometimes her actions are not admirable. If you can't see this at your age, that's a problem between your ears sweety. The only pressed one is you :lol: I just find your unconditional stanning pathetic.

I don't ALWAYS defend Serena, but to someone like yourself who can't seem to avoid any of her threads, I guess it would seem I do. Pressed people overuse smileys to compensate. Try cutting back if you want to be taken seriously.

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I don't ALWAYS defend Serena, but to someone like yourself who can't seem to avoid any of her threads, I guess it would seem I do. Pressed people overuse smileys to compensate. Try cutting back if you want to be taken seriously.

That makes no sense, you're saying I post in every Serena thread so that's why it seems to me like you always defend her? If you defend her in every Serena thread, you're pretty much confirming what I'm saying lol

Why do you keep projecting the pressed thing on me? :lol: You're the one who's on the defensive, you're the one who has nothing valid to reply so you resort to bitchy childish posts, you're the one posting videos telling ppl to take meds when you feel they're attacking your favourite tennis player. That's all really funny to me TBH.

Monzanator
One moment of bad sportsmanship overshadows a whole decade of fair play or whatever you'll like to call it. Bill Buckner syndrome :shrug:

Alya_C

Agree.
I'm not saying she is all fluffy and lovey-dovey all the time or that honey melts out of her mouth, lol, but I think she is a nice normal girl to most poeople, most of the time. I've seen several players says she is nice and friendly. Sveta once said they use to go shopping together. And Safin himself, in the times when she was taking digs at Dinara, said Serena was a nice girl and all that talk of being the real nr. 1 was just competition talk. And she did sit next to Sam after the USO final, talking to her a long time, all smiles.

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:22 PM
That makes no sense, you're saying I post in every Serena thread so that's why it seems to me like you always defend her? If you defend her in every Serena thread, you're pretty much confirming what I'm saying lol

Why do you keep projecting the pressed thing on me? :lol: You're the one who's on the defensive, you're the one who has nothing valid to reply so you resort to bitchy childish posts, you're the one posting videos telling ppl to take meds when you feel they're attacking your favourite tennis player. That's all really funny to me TBH.

Quite long-winded, aren't you?

Here's a search on the most recent threads containing "Serena" that you've commented in. After you find how many of these threads I'm defending her in, get back to me and, of course, I'll verify your results. You made the charge, so prove it.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z225/dongoliano/serena-x-dominic.jpg

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I remember when Serena called Maria a bitch, and that was after she was hit with the ball by Maria at the 2007 Australian. It's a valid play, but there were other portions of the court open. She didn't necessarily have to tag her, and all she did was continue to fuel Serena's fire.

:happy: Wow, talk about double standards. Have you seen the number of times Serena nails her passing shots right at opponents' bodies? Each time the ball was close to the net, she got there in plenty of time and took direct aim, on a couple of occasions scoring direct hits.

quenelle
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I've never met a nice person who had to keep trying to convince people they were a nice person.

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Quite long-winded, aren't you?

Here's a search on the most recent threads containing "Serena" that you've commented in. After you find how many of these threads I'm defending her in, get back to me and, of course, I'll verify your results. You made the charge, so prove it.

That's irrelevant because a lot of these threads are results threads or threads about Serena where she isn't being attacked in any way shape or form so you can't actually defend her.

Second of all you're the one who said I get the impression that you're always defending her cause I can't keep away from her threads (That would mean you do defend her in her threads and that's all I see of you???) You said that, not me.

Rocketta
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:13 PM
I understand people who don't like her will not agree with anything she says but could you at least interpret her quotes correctly before you wail and moan about them? :help: :help: :help:

Direwolf
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I've never met a nice person who had to keep trying to convince people they were a nice person.

Shoving a ball down a persons throat in one minute.
Then saying thank to a towel person the next.

Yes she should be praised!

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:18 PM
That's irrelevant because a lot of these threads are results threads or threads about Serena where she isn't being attacked in any way shape or form so you can't actually defend her.

Second of all you're the one who said I get the impression that you're always defending her cause I can't keep away from her threads (That would mean you do defend her in her threads and that's all I see of you???) You said that, not me.

Are you gonna prove your charge or not? Hell, I even did half the work for you and you still can't do it. Talk about lazy!

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Are you gonna prove your charge or not? Hell, I even did half the work for you and you still can't do it. Talk about lazy!

Why do you quote something when you obviously did not read it :lol: You're a stan, you're a stan, stop being in denial.

VeeJJ
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I don't understand how you guys can keep talking about his over and over. Serena is a self righteous champion. Old fucking news.

bulava
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Two outbursts have totally tainted Serena..whereas for most of the time she's a pretty good sport on the court where it matters. No bathroom breaks, heck not even drinking between changeovers in TB's.
Totally tainted? :eek: I'm not a fan of any Tennis player, but that sounds ridiculous :) I mean, for example let's go back into history. Now, could any sane mind say that John McEnroe got tainted because of his umpteen number of outbursts at umpires?! :lol: He's a legend along with Borg, period.

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Why do you quote something when you obviously did not read it :lol: You're a stan, you're a stan, stop being in denial.

What is calling me a Serena stan supposed to prove, especially when I've never denied it? :confused: Now, prove your charge before leveling it, again. Half the work has been done for you, so you have no excuse.

bobbynorwich
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Maybe she doesn't get enough credit for being nice but she sure gets lots of credit for being a tremendous twerker ... www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy)

:worship:http://http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Bipolar! Bipolar! :banana:

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe she doesn't get enough credit for being nice but she sure gets lots of credit for being a tremendous twerker ... www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy)

:worship:http://http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl531a_serena-williams-twerking-extended-version_sexy

http://assets0.indy.com/photos/156930/show.jpg

JN
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:03 PM

I hadn't seen that one. Thanks! :drool:

Dominic
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:48 PM
What is calling me a Serena stan supposed to prove, especially when I've never denied it? :confused: Now, prove your charge before leveling it, again. Half the work has been done for you, so you have no excuse.

You know what a "stan" is right? It's not supposed to prove anything, just that your opinion when it comes to her is too biased to be worth anything.

What exactly do you want me to do here :weirdo: I'm not saying you're in every Serena thread, I'm saying when you do pronounce yourself, you are always taking her side, and defending her no matter how unreasonable she was. Which is maybe ok when you're a 13 year old fanboy who doesn't know better but when you're like 45, it's just laughable.

LightWarrior
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I don't understand how you guys can keep talking about his over and over. Serena is a self righteous champion. Old fucking news.

Yes and I loved how Woz came to the net preparing for the usual friendly handshake when Serena opted for a classic handshake. Yeah you're right she's a self-righteous bitch. :lol:

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:08 AM
You know what a "stan" is right? It's not supposed to prove anything, just that your opinion when it comes to her is too biased to be worth anything.

Biased, based on what... that you and others think differently? Biases can go both ways, ya know. Have you ever made a pro-Serena comment, or have you just remained silent when the opportunity arose?

What exactly do you want me to do here :weirdo: I'm not saying you're in every Serena thread, I'm saying when you do pronounce yourself, you are always taking her side, and defending her no matter how unreasonable she was. Which is maybe ok when you're a 13 year old fanboy who doesn't know better but when you're like 45, it's just laughable.Because I might take Serena's side, when you feel I shouldn't, that makes me wrong and you right? How about I simply don't agree with your opinion? I'm never the only one who disagrees with it. So what makes your opinion the correct one? I'm in plenty of threads in Serena's Player Forum voicing criticism. However in GM, I'm usually here commenting in a results thread or some stupid one someone's created about her simply to invite flames. You've got a lot to learn in life about judging. Your dumb ass acts like every thought a person has winds up in a comment here.

So, now that I've cleared that up, how about you proceeding with proving your charge, here:You know you don't have to defend her ALL THE TIME. Sometimes she is wrong, or unreasonable or says stupid stuff, as a man in his 40's you should have already realized that :lol:
I don't, and you've yet to prove otherwise. So get to work, I've given you the tools.

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Yes and I loved how Woz came to the net preparing for the usual friendly handshake when Serena opted for a classic handshake. Yeah you're right she's a self-righteous bitch. :lol:

Yeah, giving the classic handshake is the epitome of self-righteous bitchitude, isn't it? :lol:

Dominic
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Biased, based on what... that you and others think differently? Biases can go both ways, ya know. Have you ever made a pro-Serena comment, or have you just remained silent when the opportunity arose?

Because I might take Serena's side, when you feel I shouldn't, that makes me wrong and you right? How about I simply don't agree with your opinion?

OMG You've just said you don't deny you're a stan, maybe you don't know what a stan is cause that is actually saying you are biased you idiot.
Yes I have , I have said Serena has a great serve plenty of times! Is there anything else positive to say about her?

Well what makes my opinion right and yours wrong is different in each and every situation, in this particular case, what made you wrong is that you didn't actually have anything to say to defend Serena, you just went after ppl, called them names and told them they needed meds :lol: Typical reaction of a child who has no argument. Ot's like that time I said I didn't like Serena's shorts and you were PISSED and started insulting me lol you know it's things like that.

I've already answered your request of me proving (I don't know what you want me to prove exactly, you're doing a great job proving you're a biased moron yourself everytime you post in a Serena thread)

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:24 AM
OMG You've just said you don't deny you're a stan, maybe you don't know what a stan is cause that is actually saying you are biased you idiot.
Yes I have , I have said Serena has a great serve plenty of times! Is there anything else positive to say about her?

Well what makes my opinion right and yours wrong is different in each and every situation, in this particular case, what made you wrong is that you didn't actually have anything to say to defend Serena, you just went after ppl, called them names and told them they needed meds :lol: Typical reaction of a child who has no argument. Ot's like that time I said I didn't like Serena's shorts and you were PISSED and started insulting me lol you know it's things like that.

I've already answered your request of me proving (I don't know what you want me to prove exactly, you're doing a great job proving you're a biased moron yourself everytime you post in a Serena thread)

So you can't prove your charge. Ok. Thanks. Goodnight.

Dominic
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:33 AM
That you're a biased moron who gets pissed at ppl for criticizing what Serena says or what she does or even what she wears? Already proven repeatedly by you and me.

JN
Mar 29th, 2012, 04:48 AM
That you're a biased moron who gets pissed at ppl for criticizing what Serena says or what she does or even what she wears? Already proven repeatedly by you and me.

:zzz:

Dominic
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Another one of your amazing constructive arguments :hearts:

dinhd82
Mar 29th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Serena is the most delusional champion of all time!!! She contradicts herself all the time.

Veritas
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:06 AM

Too true. Thoughts?

I'm no fan of Serena, but I agree with her on this. Particularly in the latter half of her career, I've noticed Serena acknowledging good shots played by opponents and giving warm congratulations at the net - even in matches she's lost.

In fact many times where she's made comments about being disappointed with her own form, they're often reported without the more positive things she said. For example she'll say that she wasn't playing at her best, but she also balances that out by acknowledging that her opponent played well. I remember at the US Open finals last year, she had the courtesy to put it out there that the controversial "come on" point had no effect on the result and that Sam was the better player on that day regardless.

If Serena's expected to say (and believe) that her level of play had no part in her losses, then she should just play the bridesmaid, always focusing more on what others think of her rather than winning the matches. She's got 13 slams to justify being confident about her abilities as a champion. Only when she retires will people really step back and not focus so much on making a big deal out of her comments.

Wilson_07
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:06 PM
What I always find funny here is that the people who complain about the bitchiness of a player like Serena, act like the biggest bitches themselves :lol:

harloo
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
I'm no fan of Serena, but I agree with her on this. Particularly in the latter half of her career, I've noticed Serena acknowledging good shots played by opponents and giving warm congratulations at the net - even in matches she's lost.

In fact many times where she's made comments about being disappointed with her own form, they're often reported without the more positive things she said. For example she'll say that she wasn't playing at her best, but she also balances that out by acknowledging that her opponent played well. I remember at the US Open finals last year, she had the courtesy to put it out there that the controversial "come on" point had no effect on the result and that Sam was the better player on that day regardless.

If Serena's expected to say (and believe) that her level of play had no part in her losses, then she should just play the bridesmaid, always focusing more on what others think of her rather than winning the matches. She's got 13 slams to justify being confident about her abilities as a champion. Only when she retires will people really step back and not focus so much on making a big deal out of her comments.
:worship::worship:

This is an excellent post from a rational non-Serena fan. Besides a few outbursts on court Serena has a relatively good record in regards to sportsmanship. She has always been nice to her opponents off the court, as a matter of fact most players on tour have said she's very friendly off court.:)

JN
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:20 PM
What I always find funny here is that the people who complain about the bitchiness of a player like Serena, act like the biggest bitches themselves :lol:

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/36.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/41.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/34.gifhttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/21.gif

Monzanator
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Bottom line is, why she's even trying to defend herself? Ater all those years and the unquestionable status of player of the decade, quite frankly she shouldn't give a damn about what people make of her. I just don't get it :shrug: