PDA

View Full Version : Who is a worse volleyer?

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Azarenka, Victoria

Sharapova, Maria

Wozniacki, Caroline

Ivanovic, Ana

?

atominside
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Woz

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sharapova by far.

Petkorazzi
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Wozniacki.

Ana has good traditional volleys and the shriekers have great drive volleys. Wozniacki has neither.

Andreas
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM
What the fuck is up with this thread? :confused: Ivanovic and Azarenka are both far better volleyers than Stosur is.

Balltossovic
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Why is Ana even an option?? Vika is great at net, when she gets there.

dsanders06
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Taking swing volleys out of the equation, I'm actually going to have to vote for Maria here :crying2: Ivanovic has by far the best conventional volleys on this list, Azarenka's are adequate, Wozniacki isn't very inventive with them but can usually be relied on to bunt them into an open court....but Maria's are awful in all but a few matches in her career :lol:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM
What the fuck is up with this thread? :confused: Ivanovic and Azarenka are both far better volleyers than Stosur is.

Better than Stosur? I don't think so. But Ivanović doesn't belong in this thread for sure...

Nicolás89
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:04 PM
All struggle with volleys.

Pova has obs the best drive volley & her conventional forehand volleys (when finishing a point) are decent, she struglles a lot with her backhand volleys because she has no reach.

Caro struglles a lot with volleys but I'd say she has the best hands (of this bunch) specially on half/drop volleys.

Ivanovic has good technique her backhand volleys are really good but like anything else in her game is hit or miss most of the time.

Azarenka has the best volleys overall in this group, she doesn't really have big troubles at the net she just doesn't come in at all.

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM

OMGGG!!!!!!!!!!! THIS MADE MY DAY!!!! :hysteric:

Seriously though, get real :shrug: I would never say that Stosur has a better backhand than Azarenka :oh:

The Dawntreader
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Sharapova has actually made slight improvements on the volley. Not in terms of actual technique, but she understands how to close down a volley better, and not sleepwalk to the net like she did back in the day.

But yes, Pova and Wozniacki probably remain the worst. Wozniacki's arms of stone when she's volleying are murderous.

nfl46
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Maria, lol.

LoveFifteen
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:23 PM
It's Wozniacki.

danieln1
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Ivanovic should not be on the poll, she´s the best volleyer by far of those 4, and obviously you never watch some GOAT drop volleys Ana did in her matches.

The worst of them all obviously Sharapova or Caro, either one of them is terrible at the net.

MaSharp
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Wozniacki and Maria

Matt01
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Ana - good.

Vika - average.

Caro - not that good.

Maria - worst.

pav
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I've watched Ana execute some good soft touch volleys lately.

Stonerpova
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Ivanovic is a very good volleyer, and Azarenka's very capable up there as well :help:

edificio
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Are we excluding drive volleys?

Ryusuke Tenma
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Voted for Ivanovic when I meant Sharapova. She's terrible at volleying. Wozniacki's can be very good, but are usually just okay.

Beny
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Wozniacki, easily. I think I´ve never seen her hit a good BH volley

Horizon
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Voted for Ivanovic when I meant Sharapova. She's terrible at volleying. Wozniacki's can be very good, but are usually just okay.
I hope this was the case for all 4 of Ana's votes because... :help:

Obvious blinded dislike of a player there.

Wozniacki is clearly the worst here, her backhand volley especially is not reliable.

dusan993
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:43 PM
This poll should be between Sharapova & Jankovic :)

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
This poll sould be against Sharapova & Jankovic :)

Jankovic used to be a good volleyer.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Stosur is worse than Azarenka

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Stosur is worse than Azarenka

I was almost going to answer this with a serious statement, almost.

Ignorance is amusing :oh:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I was almost going to answer this with a serious statement, almost.

Ignorance is amusing :oh:

framed volleys by Shanksur dont count :tape:

Pops Maellard
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I voted Caro just because they're so disgusting looking.

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:57 PM
framed volleys by Shanksur dont count :tape:

Uh yeah we're talking about their ability to volley, her percentage of framed shots depends on her level of nervosity. Azarenka is still a mediocre volleyer even when she's in the Zone.

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ivanovic is a very good volleyer, and Azarenka's very capable up there as well :help:

Then don't vote for them, as you can see Azarenka has no votes and Ivanovic has 5.

Charlatan
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Worst: Wozniacki then Maria. Ana and Vika are not even bad volleyers.

PS: you forgot to add Sofia Arvidson to the poll option. Her volleys in the 3rd round against Woz at IW :facepalm:

Linda R
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Ana - good.

Vika - average.

Caro - not that good.

Maria - worst.

This

donellcarey
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sharapova, but she sometimes amazes me with those volleys that shouldn't be coming from her :lol:

Israel
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Sharapova moves like a robot when she's up volleying. But sometimes she comes up with some really good and surprising drop-volleys out of nowhere :P

Cajka
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Shrieka's volleys are seriously underrated. Ana's volleys are decent, sometimes even good.

Masha and Caro... We don't see it often and when we see it, it doesn't look great. :tape:

Chakvenus
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Ana hit some pretty good volleys last night, and I've seen her do the same in several other matches. Vika's are also good, but her crazed fans need to take a chill pill before they go off saying they're better than Stosur's. I truly detest Stosur, but you can't take her volleying away from her. It's deteriorated, yes, but it will likely always be better than Vika's.

Maria's are not good.

Wozniacki's are scandalous.

Beat
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:57 AM
woz. i've never seen her hit any decent volleys. peak sharapova did. though not these days, of course - she never ever comes to the net anyway.

azarenka and ajde don't compare to these two.

Mashabator
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
As much of a Masha stan i am, definitely Maria if you only take conventional volleys into account. Maria has a good swing volley though.

gc-spurs
Mar 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Sharapova, but she sometimes amazes me with those volleys that shouldn't be coming from her :lol:

Right? If she does a good one its like:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m15zjm1E1B1r1kwrn.jpg

but if she does her regular shit one its like

FleetSeb
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Conventional volleys - definitely Maria.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:27 AM
sharapova by far

mauresmofan
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Ivanovic has the best touch out of this lot especially on her backhand good technique and decent enough, Azarenka is ok she's competent just directs the ball into the court without any great feel, Sharapova is awful she has little to no feel and really only comes to net to shake hands or drive volley, Caroline is terrible as well - no feel and just pushes the ball into the court which leaves her a sitting duck. At the moment due to there being a tie for worst volley I went with drive volleys to make the decider and Sharapova is better than Caroline. I think Caroline will continue to work hard on her volleys and will become better than the other 3 in time but will never have great touch.

Utterchaos
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Azarenka's volleys are decent. Sharapova and Wozniacki are both horrendous at the net, however.

Svetlana)))
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Sharapova is very hit and miss (miss most of the time) but Wozniacki's are absolutely atrocious. She has no sense of how to volley at all, merely throwing herself at the ball and wishing for the best

Kəv.
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM

I didn't see Azarenka & Ivanovic getting slams and to no.1 in doubles :shrug:

oh yeah i guess
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM

She almost managed to ... a number of times. :lol:

Mahon_Lorcan
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Sharapova..she is so useless, her play is so awful.

LoLex
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sharapova. She's like a cow there at the net. Her drive volleys are amazing though.

Thiudans
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Why create threads the essence of which is "Let's make fun of this player". What the hell good can come of it????? What the hell is the point???

Alejandrawrrr
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I never hesitate to let everyone know how useless Ivanovic is, but in fairness her volleys are actually pretty darn good for a 2000's aggressive baseline player :shrug: Vika is passable, and actually has some great moments. Maria is bad, no secret about that. Wozniacki is dreadful. Ana>Vika>>>Maria>Caroline.

LoLex
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Why create threads the essence of which is "Let's make fun of this player". What the hell good can come of it????? What the hell is the point???

So what do you want to talk about here? Make your own thread then.

Mynarco
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Why the fuck is Azarenka in the poll :bigcry:?

Martha, or Carolina

Thiudans
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM
So what do you want to talk about here? Make your own thread then.

I can't make threads... but I wouldn't be creating threads to encourage insults. I don't really spend my time trying to bitch about people, and picking whatever I can to make fun of them about. The aim, as far as I can see, isn't anything constructive.

José Morgado
Mar 28th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Who voted Ana :help::help::help:

Her volleys are technically very well executed.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Uh yeah we're talking about their ability to volley, her percentage of framed shots depends on her level of nervosity. Azarenka is still a mediocre volleyer even when she's in the Zone.
Heux, please. Do I have to keep posting this everytime? Because I will.

JEVO5tfTNz8

Ivanovic and Azarenka have better than adequate volleys.

Break My Rapture
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Azarenka has won two grand slam mixed doubles titles. And she has made like three grand slam womens doubles finals and has won a number of WTA doubles titles.

Underrated again.

Corswandt
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM

Because it's the only reason GM even exists?

Mightymirza
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hands down Masha :o Even in practice shes :help:

MB.
Mar 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Azarenka, Victoria

Sharapova, Maria

Wozniacki, Caroline

Ivanovic, Ana

?

Vika is a good volleyer. Not sure why she's on this list.

The last three are a shit show. Maria can only hit swinging volleys. Caroline rarely volleys, but she's not that bad at the net, really. Ana can hit either great volleys or :facepalm: volleys.

Charlatan
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Right? If she does a good one its like:

Sharapova is awful she has little to no feel and really only comes to net to shake hands or drive volley

:happy: :lol:

Sammo
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Heux, please. Do I have to keep posting this everytime? Because I will.

JEVO5tfTNz8

Ivanovic and Azarenka have better than adequate volleys.

Until the last volley I was already imagining all the Azarenka fans singing together something like 'We love mediocrity'. But yeah the last one is great, however I've heard and seen countless tennis experts drool all over the place with Stosur's volleys, one of these days I'll make a video ;)

lefty24
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Maria. Sometimes she's so bad I laugh out loud.
She should start playing doubles.

Blu€
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Maria. Sometimes she's so bad I laugh out loud.
She should start playing doubles.

She could team up with Caro, that would be funny :rolls::sobbing:

lefty24
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:32 AM
She could team up with Caro, that would be funny :rolls::sobbing:

I know that maybe you're being sarcastic, but I was actually thinking about it today. I think it's a good idea for both them, plus they both like each other(which says a lot for Maria)