PDA

View Full Version : Family Circle Cup, Charleston 2012

Geekking
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I have a superstition, when I open the tournament topic Sabine plays better and reaches to more round (Wimbledon 2011). That's why I hastened to open this topic :)

Qualifying Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Friday, March 30, 2012)
Singles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Saturday, March 31, 2012)
Doubles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Sunday, April 1, 2012)

PS: There is a pool on the tournaments website don't forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html

Lisicki-Hlavackova: 2-6 6-3 6-4

Lisicki-Shvedova: 7-5 6:4

maturedgirl
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM
PS: There is a pool on their website dont forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html

done, thx for posting;)
She is third with 74 votes just in front of Sam but wide behind Serena and Aga :angel:

btw: the photo she last posted, she looks very happy and smart but kind of "dutchy" with the orange shoes and dutch-flag shirt:lol:

lovethetennis
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=Geekking;21173486]I have a superstition, when I open the tournament topic Sabine plays better and reaches to more round. That's why I hastened to open this topic :)

Good move on your part Geekking! :D I'm looking forward to the Charleston tourney, I have a good feeling about this one. :)

Geekking
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE]

Good move on your part Geekking! :D I'm looking forward to the Charleston tourney, I have a good feeling about this one. :)

Thank you Tim! I'm also looking forward to Charleston, my expectations are high from her ;)

hankmoody
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, voted for her too, still only third place.

Thank you Tim! I'm also looking forward to Charleston, my expectations are high from her
I thought your name was Paul, lovethetennis? Huh?

Still good luck in Charleston, Bine!:bounce:

lovethetennis
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I thought your name was Paul, lovethetennis? Huh?

He's calling me by my middle name Timothy. Geekking knows me best from Facebook, I use my middle name over there.

everythingtaboo
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:56 AM
GL Sabine! Hoping for a kind draw. :lick:

Lisickifan84
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have a superstition, when I open the tournament topic Sabine plays better and reaches to more round (Wimbledon 2011). That's why I hastened to open this topic :)

Good decision!
Let's hope it helps :yeah:

PS: There is a pool on the tournaments website don't forget to vote for Sabine http://www.familycirclecup.com/index.html

Done

1. Serena 261 votes
2. Sabine :hearts: 206 votes
3. Agnieszka 164 votes

:)

If you look who has won Charleston over the last 40 years then it makes me a little bit proud that Sabines name stands written there. :cool:
40 years of champions (http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/FCC_EventInfo/Champions.html)

Rovegun
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM

Qualifying Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Friday, March 30, 2012)
Singles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Saturday, March 31, 2012)
Doubles Draw (to be posted at approx. 6:00pm EST on Sunday, April 1, 2012)

how many times can I vote? I would like to vote for Jule as well :D

jasonwright25
Mar 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
GL Sabine! Hoping for a kind draw. :lick:

Actually she needs to play tough opponents and learn how to beat them consistently instead of getting easy draws.

maturedgirl
Mar 28th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Actually she needs to play tough opponents and learn how to beat them consistently instead of getting easy draws.oh noo, first please two weak rounds just to adjust and than Bartoli or Venus but please no serena :scared:

Lisickinator
Mar 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Sabine 325 votes
Serena 314 votes

:yeah:

maturedgirl
Mar 28th, 2012, 10:19 PM
345:325 iM:)

selesia
Mar 28th, 2012, 11:41 PM
345:325 iM:)

Stop spending all your time on this site (familycirclecup.com) :lol:

maturedgirl
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Stop spending all your time on this site (familycirclecup.com) :lol:

Not alll the time, had to sleep while the americans were heardworking :cool:

serena closed up to 377:381

would like to see her (Sab) beating her next like that:devil:

Ian Aberdon
Mar 29th, 2012, 07:05 AM
382-377...GO SABS!!! :angel:

everythingtaboo
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Actually she needs to play tough opponents and learn how to beat them consistently instead of getting easy draws.

Nah. She's had so many bad losses lately she needs a few easy matches under her belt for some extra confidence. Then she can take on the bigger guns. :fiery:

Geekking
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I informed my friends about this pool. We will see a bit difference in next hours.

Lisickifan84
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Nah. She's had so many bad losses lately she needs a few easy matches under her belt for some extra confidence. Then she can take on the bigger guns. :fiery:

I agree with you. If she is in form again then she can get the big player. Now it would be just a free ticket for Sharapova & Co :sad:

jasonwright25
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I agree with you. If she is in form again then she can get the big player. Now it would be just a free ticket for Sharapova & Co :sad:

Do you really build any confidence beating field fillers and losing to the first tough opponent you face?

I'm not sure that confidence is her biggest problem right now. If she gets her serve on track the wins will start coming. Seems like the new coach (Brooks) is working through those things now. You don't become a better player beating bad players. You become better beating players like Peng Shuai or going toe to toe with Li Na like she did in Miami.

Lisickifan84
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Do you really build any confidence beating field fillers and losing to the first tough opponent you face?

I'm not sure that confidence is her biggest problem right now. If she gets her serve on track the wins will start coming. Seems like the new coach (Brooks) is working through those things now. You don't become a better player beating bad players. You become better beating players like Peng Shuai or going toe to toe with Li Na like she did in Miami.

If she gets her serve on track...please let it happen. :)

No, not only "bad" players, but a nice start like in Miami. She needs matches. Yeah of course if she has her confidence back than she should play against the big players to improve her game. But it is too soon.

Ziva
Mar 29th, 2012, 01:50 PM
agreed, without her serve back she is attackable and won't have the slightest chance vs. most top 20 players at the moment, even with an easy draw she can get beaten by
"a weaker opponent", we've seen that, she hasn't really improved yet, serve gets worse not better imo, so i hope for some "easy matches", like in miami to get some wins, her Win/Lose ratio this year isn't very good to date, that must change.

Lisickifan84
Mar 31st, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'm excited to watch this Top 8 Seed...

RADWANSKA (599)
STOSUR (216)
BARTOLI (97)
ZVONAREVA (79)
S. WILLIAMS (747)
LISICKI (836)
JANKOVIC (154)
GOERGES (153)

She won :bounce: :cool:

That should give her a bit more confidence for her game. If not :fiery:

;)

jasonwright25
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:19 PM
After the bye, Sabine will play Falconi or a Qualifier. She would smoke Falconi and should beat any of these qualifiers.

frizzle fry
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:23 PM
Bine's section in Charleston:

(6)Lisicki - Bye
Falconi - Q
Q - Panova
King - (12)Wickmayer

(13)Petrova - Q
Tatishvili - Rus
Dubois - Vesnina
Bye - (3)Bartoli

jasonwright25
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM
After the bye, Sabine will play Falconi or a Qualifier. She would smoke Falconi and should beat any of these qualifiers.

In same quarter as Wickmayer and Vania King. Her potential quarter-final opponent would be Bartoli or Petrova. Potential semi-final opponent would be Stosur or Venus most likely.

Ziva
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Bine's section in Charleston:

(6)Lisicki - Bye
Falconi - Q
Q - Panova
King - (12)Wickmayer

(13)Petrova - Q
Tatishvili - Rus
Dubois - Vesnina
Bye - (3)Bartoli

Arg Wickmayer, don't like that, she is playing good so far

maturedgirl
Mar 31st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Draw is ok, time to form a winning streak yet again, keep it up :yeah:

Lisickifan84
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:11 PM
Draw is ok, time to form a winning streak yet again, keep it up :yeah:

:yeah:

If not in Charleston, where else? ;)

Michael!
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:42 PM
First round seems more than winnable, but u never know with Sabine!
Wickmayer could be more than dangerous, Sabine definitely has to improve her game if she wants to beat her, but we´ll see, good luck!

hankmoody
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:50 PM
Once again, she can only beat herself in the first rounds. I so hope she won`t!

Mojobackhand
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:52 PM
She should be able to win against Falconi. Should also have a good feeling about it, as she had won the last meeting comfortably (U.S. Open). Wicky or King in 3rd. Makeable.
Petrova or Bartoli in Quarters. I say Bartoli. Hopefully, Petrova makes it a good match. Then Marion will be tired in the next. That's her pattern.
Well, I'd say possily Stosur in Semi. Or Venus? But with William's health issues you never know. She probably has a super day when she has to play Sam. :help:

All in all I'm satisfied. Sabine can beat all of them as she had proved in the past. Now let's see if she stops beating herself.

Geekking
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but, at the moment Sabine doesn't seem to be dedicated to her tennis. She is having bad results and she has to train x2 times more and think about it but she went to a basketball match.
Watching and meeting with Dirk is nice but to keep her mind in her tennis and focus she has to give up doing some out of court activities.:rolleyes:

hankmoody
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:18 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but, at the moment Sabine doesn't seem to be dedicated to her tennis. She is having bad results and she has to train x2 times more and think about it but she went to a basketball match.
Watching and meeting with Dirk is nice but instead of these out of court activities, she has to think her tennis more than anything else...

Well if I had the chance to meet Dirk, I would forget almost anything else! Choosing between a half day of training and a meet and greet with a legend like him, I wouldn`t even think about it for even a half a second!

Ziva
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:44 AM
Sabines life isn't and shouldn't be all about tennis, its still basicly just her job, also i don't even think this wasn't her idea in the first place, maybe sponsors or media send her there, wouldn't surprise me, since the german media jumped on that picture she tweeted wearing the mav shirt like it was the biggest thing ever.

And she did train hard regarding her tweets, only downside is that she didn't prepare earlier on charleston clay, but since she gets a bye, there is a day more to train on site.

hankmoody
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Sabines life isn't and shouldn't be all about tennis, its still basicly just her job, also i don't even think this wasn't her idea in the first place, maybe sponsors or media send her there, wouldn't surprise me, since the german media jumped on that picture she tweeted wearing the mav shirt like it was the biggest thing ever.

And she did train hard regarding her tweets, only downside is that she didn't prepare earlier on charleston clay, but since she gets a bye, there is a day more to train on site.

Oh come on, that`s just ridiculous! Like Nike would tell her to go to a Mavs game? You can not be serious!
She was exchanging tweets with Dirk way before she signed with Nike. And who wouldn`t go to a Mavs game to see Dirk??? You`re reading way to much into this! Seriously!!

maturedgirl
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
Oh guys, she worked so hard and desperate last weeks always with these silly yellow ones, time to break the 24/7 - tennis insanity, even professionals need a break out once. Sure, she enjoyed supporting the winning Mavericks and taking some energy with her from meeting with one of the most famous and popular german sportsmen, enviable:worship:

http://www.sportler-des-jahres.de/2-wahl/sportler-des-jahres-seit-1947

Ziva
Apr 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Oh come on, that`s just ridiculous! Like Nike would tell her to go to a Mavs game? You can not be serious!
She was exchanging tweets with Dirk way before she signed with Nike. And who wouldn`t go to a Mavs game to see Dirk??? You`re reading way to much into this! Seriously!!

i didn't say it was like that, but that wasn't even my point, if she want's to go to a BB game, she can do that of course, it shouldn't be all about tennis, thats what i'm saying
relax please :)

Oh guys, she worked so hard and desperate last weeks always with these silly yellow ones, time to break the 24/7 - tennis insanity, even professionals need a break out once. Sure, she enjoyed supporting the winning Mavericks and taking some energy with her from meeting with one of the most famous and popular german sportsmen, enviable

my point exactly

MissWeHo
Apr 1st, 2012, 03:04 PM

Athletes have sponsorship obligations. Two German athletes sponsored by Nike at the same event... Hmm. I don't know if it has anything to do but it's not impossible either. Bradenton-Orlando just for a couple of hours it's strange, especially before a tournament.

Ziva
Apr 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
yes and on top of it, she didn't just go there, she also met him, so someone obviously arranged the whole thing, but who cares, she is in Charleston by now.

Ian Aberdon
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hearing that Sabs may be playing doubles with Vera in Charleston.

Michael!
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
(1)Huber/Raymond v Lisicki/Zvonareva

Singles Draw has changed as Radwanska withdrew!
Possible QF against Serena!
But as I said, I would be happy if Sabine could reach QF anyway :lol:

jasonwright25
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:32 PM
Watching and meeting with Dirk is nice but to keep her mind in her tennis and focus she has to give up doing some out of court activities.:rolleyes:

Hearing that Sabs may be playing doubles with Vera in Charleston.

No more teaming with Stosur?

maturedgirl
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM

:eek:http://www.mini2.info/forum/images/smilies/mfaint.gif

:scratch::shrug:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:02 PM

Not on court, no. Don't know if that's permanent or just until the Olympics.

maturedgirl
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:44 PM
hoped indeed she would pair up with jule, damned sickness :weirdo:

MissWeHo
Apr 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM
yes and on top of it, she didn't just go there, she also met him, so someone obviously arranged the whole thing, but who cares, she is in Charleston by now.

Exactly! I hope she'll have a good Charleston. In doubles it's going to be tough especially since in Miami Huber and Raymond got defeated first round (let's bet they will make sure it won't happen twice in a row) and in singles... One match at a time, of course. I'm looking forward to seeing how her week in Bradenton is going to pay off. I hope she'll reach the quarters. ;)

frizzle fry
Apr 1st, 2012, 11:48 PM
with the withdrawal of Aga possible QF opponent now Serena. If she can manage this nothing might prevent her from winning the title :devil:

Ziva
Apr 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
Not on court, no. Don't know if that's permanent or just until the Olympics.

Actually I am not surprised, but i was hoping for some stosicki doubles, maybe they will play in Stuttgart, but I doubt that too,.:(
the only thing that surprises me is that she teams up with vera, instead of skipping dubs like sam does.

maturedgirl
Apr 2nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
the only thing that surprises me is that she teams up with vera

perhaps both lost her dubs partner but need some more game practice cauz' of trouble with their singels shape atm ;)

but even nofact to care about if you look to the first fixture :p
had really been better to have jule there to prepare a FedC double and she knows to beat the HuRay-team :devil:

Mike81
Apr 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Personally I don't like the choice to play with Zvonareva. I don't see the point of trying so many different doubles partners anyway. Find consistency in singles and then worry about doubles.

maturedgirl
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Personally I don't like the choice to play with Zvonareva. I don't see the point of trying so many different doubles partners anyway. Find consistency in singles and then worry about doubles.

I think she's not really "trying" different partners but playing dubs for her atm means isn't focused having fun or gaining points for the dubs ranking but practising different hits and serve (everything that went while last FC weekend) in a more competitive situation than "just" practise;)

btw. thats what sam did last spring (before winning the USO :p) and vera had some nice wins last time in dubs with kuzzy I remember :p

so playing dubs in the moment isn't more than competitive practise ...hope it's paying off :cool:

Mike81
Apr 2nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well Sabine has combined good singles results with good doubles results in the past (Stuttgart & Wimbledon) but that was only with Sam, a recognised doubles player.

Singles is what matters, Sabs isn't likely to become a doubles star nor should she be aiming to. Getting back to that form of the middle of last year, rather than experimenting with new partners and serving/shotmaking is what I'd like to see.

everythingtaboo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM

Doubles can do wonders for the singles game you know. Helps develop better volleying skills, netplay, confidence and all this with minimal pressure. I think Kirilenko is a good example. Her singles game has really improved over the last year and I think she owes it to doubles. Her volleys are amaze. :worship:

I approve of Bepa as a doubles partner too. I love it when my faves team up for whatever. :hearts:

everythingtaboo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM

But as I said, I would be happy if Sabine could reach QF anyway :lol:

:help: Gonna rage. I really can't stand Huber.

everythingtaboo
Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM

She's allowed to have a life outside of tennis.

maturedgirl
Apr 2nd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Doubles can do wonders for the singles game you know. Helps develop better volleying skills, netplay, confidence and all this with minimal pressure. I think Kirilenko is a good example. Her singles game has really improved over the last year and I think she owes it to doubles. Her volleys are amaze. :worship:

I approve of Bepa as a doubles partner too. I love it when my faves team up for whatever. :hearts:

She's allowed to have a life outside of tennis.

100% d'accord :yeah:

Michael!
Apr 2nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
2nd round against Hlavackova!
A must win IMO, even on bad day, good luck!

maturedgirl
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
2nd round against Hlavackova!
A must win IMO, even on bad day, good luck!

Yup! She has some time left to prepare cause scheduled not until tomorrow :yeah:

Lisickifan84
Apr 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Yup! She has some time left to prepare cause scheduled not until tomorrow :yeah:

When starts TV coverage? Is there a chance to see her match?

mk27
Apr 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
When starts TV coverage? Is there a chance to see her match?

Thursday

maturedgirl
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
can't rather put in words how I detest gaping at that darn livescoreboard :o

But today it's pretty relaxing :lol:

Lisickifan84
Apr 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
can't rather put in words how I detest gaping at that darn livescoreboard :o

But today it's pretty relaxing :lol:

Yeah I hate it too.
I will wait 30 minutes and look here at the livescore thread. If it looks good I'll try the scoreboard.

Lisickifan84
Apr 4th, 2012, 12:01 AM
STADIUM Starting at: 10:00 am

Varvara LEPCHENKO (USA)vs Polona HERCOG (SLO)

followed by
Not Before 12:00 PM
Marion BARTOLI (FRA) vs Nadia PETROVA (RUS)

followed by

Sabine LISICKI (GER)vs Andrea HLAVACKOVA (CZE)

3rd Match. I guess it will be start after 8 in German time. I suppose that Bartoli vs Petrova will be a long match.

maturedgirl
Apr 4th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Not Before 12:00 PM
Marion BARTOLI (FRA) vs Nadia PETROVA (RUS)

http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20120404001324.pdf

Marion's playing Dushewina tomorrow. Hope she'll make it fast ;)

Lisickifan84
Apr 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20120404001324.pdf

Marion's playing Dushewina tomorrow. Hope she'll make it fast ;)

Hm why I wrote Petrova :shrug:
Maybe it was to late :lol:

OK then I guess that match from Marion won't be so long.

maturedgirl
Apr 4th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Marion,Marion,Marion....:facepalm:

Waiting makes me :fiery:

Michael!
Apr 4th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Lisicki def. Hlavackova 26 63 64

Slow start but a good end!
Well, that´s sth new for a change, Sabine often lost lately after a good start :lol:

Needed some time probably to get used to clay and Hlavackova as a LL had some matches here before, so wasn´t essy for sure!
Serve was working really great it seems, no more breaks against her in 2nd and 3rd set and many aces, good stats, not much to complain.
Hlavackova was injured as well, don´t know if that influenced her much but we´ll see it anyway against Shvedova how "good" Sabine is.

Shvedova beat Wickmayer here in 1st round and Hlavackova in quali as well and is in good shape again recently, Sabine definitely has to play a good match to beat her, that won´t be easy at all but I hope that this win gave her some confidence back, good luck!

hankmoody
Apr 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Mann Mann Mann, des Mädel kann einen echt fertig machen.
The positive thing is, her stats were getting better and better from set to set.
And apparently her serve really did some damage again. If you ignore the first set:)

Hopefully there will be some streaming available on friday. Livescore is the worst!

BTW doesn`t look good for their dubs match right now.:(

Mike81
Apr 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I like this strategy, getting her poor play out of the way early in the match and then coming back full force ;)

Inconsistency remains, but happy to wake up to news of a win :) I'd get up early to watch if there's a stream next match.

jasonwright25
Apr 5th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Love the fight after the slow start. Attitude seems to be in the right place and hopefully a consistent game will follow shortly.

Shvedova will be tough... she's playing well lately but Sabine will win if she plays her game. Would love to see a Sabine-Serena quarter on Friday.

Ziva
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Another nervewrecking livescore match was that, first set doesnt count, i bet she wasnt even on court when the first set was played looking at the stats.
Second was much better and third set was what i wanna see from now on, 60 percent 1st serve in, 80 percent win on first serve and some aces too.

Next match is a big opportunity now, QF is very reachable, if she can keep playing like she did the last 1.5 sets.

CillyUltra
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:54 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/uyrizw2nz/b_12_lisicki_140_aeltc_j_buckle_normal.jpg Sabine Lisicki ‏@sabinelisicki
Came back from a set down to win my singles in 3 sets. Didn't start
off well at all but kept fighting!!
And guess what... All of you out there cheering for me helped me to
get thru this match. Thx so much 4 your support Charleston! <3 u

Unfortunately Vera & I lost our dubs to the no1. Tough one but it was
our only first match together...

So I'm playing 3rd on after 1 pm vs Shvedova tomorrow. Let's go
fight! :-D

maturedgirl
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM
"Love the fight after the slow start. Attitude seems to be in the right place and hopefully a consistent game will follow shortly."

That's one reason for loving her, fighting spirit!
Suppose, tension has gone after her singles, but who care's dubs:p
♥ the serving balance 9:6 and excluding the first set it's even 9:0!Boom!
That's the way it works - keep it up :music:

maturedgirl
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Can't see a stream of Sabs match, bad hoax :facepalm:

Rovegun
Apr 5th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Can't see a stream of Sabs match, bad hoax :facepalm:

because there is none... but we have a good chance to see the Williams sisters but who cares?

maturedgirl
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:12 PM
because there is none... but we have a good chance to see the Williams sisters but who cares?

WTA or whoever is responsible sucks.:fiery: I will not suffer another livescoreboard evening, had almost killed me, phewww

Ziva
Apr 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
couldn't agree more

Rovegun
Apr 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
guys have you noticed there´s almost no streams from America? I am maybe a bit harsh there are some but starting from later rounds or there are only few matches televised like today.... :fiery: so happy next three months we will see our girls/boys back in Europe...

lovethetennis
Apr 5th, 2012, 09:41 PM
guys have you noticed there´s almost no streams from America? I am maybe a bit harsh there are some but starting from later rounds or there are only few matches televised like today.... :fiery: so happy next three months we will see our girls/boys back in Europe...

They need to fix this problem badly. This is beyond the realms of ridiculous imo :mad:

Mojobackhand
Apr 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
oh no.... i just saw your convo. Here I am at home able to watch a stream and there is none. This is totally messing up my evening. Damn LS. :(

Eleganter
Apr 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Eurosport showed the William Sisters and then? Wrestling instead of Sabine, I don´t believe it!! And the Eurosport Player stopped transmitting tennis after Venus. I wonder who is responsible for that

Michael!
Apr 5th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Lisicki def. Shvedova 75 64

Good win over Shvedova who was in good shape lately!
Many up´s and down´s in Sabine´s game still and average serving but she was able to win it in two sets at least which is good!

I hope she can show a good match against Serena tomorrow, hopefully better than against Na in Miami :lol:
Would be important for her if she could play a good match against a big name here, doesn´t matter if she will lose or not in this case!

jasonwright25
Apr 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Great win today. Tomorrow let it all loose against Serena. She's beatable but no shame in losing to her. Match should be on ESPN2 since it's Serena too.

Lisickinator
Apr 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Her QF is scheduled for 1pm (1900 CET). So we finally see her play.

Mike81
Apr 6th, 2012, 01:02 AM
Nice to wake up to news of a two set win :cool: I'll be up early tomorrow to actually watch a stream of her match against Serena. Atlast.

lovethetennis
Apr 6th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Her QF is scheduled for 1pm (1900 CET). So we finally see her play.

Where did you see the schedule for tomorrow?

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Schedule is not done yet i guess, just a first draw like always has showed up on livescore pages, but they can and will change.

maturedgirl
Apr 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20120405214554.pdf

revised caus Stosur first has to finish her match cancelled by rain. Weather forecast is pretty bad so that's hope for a stream and some sunshine when Sabine faces Serena. She announced just some minutes ago on fb that she's going to fight for every point tomorrow ;)

hellas719
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:35 AM
WD Sabs :yeah:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I never know what to expect from Sabine & her serve, so I'll take any win at the moment.

everythingtaboo
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:28 AM
http://www.familycirclecup.com/pages/articles/20120405214554.pdf

revised caus Stosur first has to finish her match cancelled by rain. Weather forecast is pretty bad so that's hope for a stream and some sunshine when Sabine faces Serena. She announced just some minutes ago on fb that she's going to fight for every point tomorrow ;)

:kiss: Go get it, girl. Hoping for a match like the one she played against Serena's big sister three years ago. :worship:

We7uIprDfjk

maturedgirl
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
:kiss: Go get it, girl. Hoping for a match like the one she played against Serena's big sister three years ago. :worship:

We7uIprDfjk

:hearts: nice memory

But I wanna see more pics of this year's Charleston - like those:

https://twitter.com/#!/All4Sports1111/status/188041453598031873/photo/1

only adorable...

CillyUltra
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/uyrizw2nz/b_12_lisicki_140_aeltc_j_buckle_normal.jpg Sabine Lisicki
I won my match 75 64 today. Played better than yesterday.
Getting more comfortable and use to the clay court with
each match. :-)
I´m playing at 1pm on stadium vs S.Williams tomorrow. I
lost the last one in straight sets to her but will for sure
fight & grind for every point out there tomorrow!! Hope to
get lots of support from you! :-D

CillyUltra
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Serena Williams will face Lisicki - Williams won their only previous meeting handily, a 61 62 rout in the semifinals in Stanford last summer.

"It can only get better," Lisicki said of that meeting. "I was very nervous there in the beginning. I made some terrible mistakes and overhit way too many balls. In the second set I actually had chances - the games were close, and it was a good match from mid-second set on. So I hope I can start like that tomorrow."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20120405/hercogs-breakthrough-williamses-win-too_2256076_2725420

rucolo
Apr 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sabine into Charleston QF! :cheer:

Nun sei artig und leiste keinen Widerstand gegen Serena. Du hast doch noch viele Jahre im Tennis vor dir :p

jasonwright25
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Sabine just rolled her left ankle. Doesn't look too bad but calling for trainer

Lisickifan84
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Hopefully nothing bad :sad:

jasonwright25
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sabine stops at 1-4 with an ankle injury. Looked great, IMO, prior to the injury. Hopefully this isn't a long term issue again.

Serena was a great sport about it too.

Michael!
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Injury didn´t look that serious, I hope that Sabine can play again!
I guess it was also just a mental problem now as she had those serious problems with her ankle before.
Better to retire anyway in such a situation for her but it really didn´t look that serious, but you never know, I hope she can play again!

Not good for her at all, she has not much confidence these days anyway...:(

Rovegun
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I hope she´ll be fine because the injury didn´t look so serious to me but if she didn´t feel fit her decision was right... I would like to see her much more often in her new oufit because she looks very pretty in.... get well soon Sabs!

lovethetennis
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:08 PM
So unfortunate for Bine :sad: :[

maturedgirl
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Sabine stops at 1-4 with an ankle injury. Looked great, IMO, prior to the injury. Hopefully this isn't a long term issue again.

Serena was a great sport about it too.

Jep, really a great match of Sabine until the snap. And Serena did so well comforting her and making her smile a moment while crying. What the fu**, had been getting a great match (so british commentries said)

And btw, they looked great tgether, as if they had made an arrangement with what to wear, sorry:lol:

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:11 PM
She just can't catch a break from injuries, can she? :sad:

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
i'm opening a bottle of wine now:drink:, and hopefully when the second one is empty we'll have confirmation that she is alright.

Lisickifan84
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I guess she was so emotional because of her history with her ankle. But as you all said, it didn't look very bad, so we can hope there is nothing serious.

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
from the look of it i would agree, but that doesn't say much at all to be honest a ankle can get injured very easy.

CillyUltra
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:54 PM
She just can't catch a break from injuries, can she? :sad:

Just shows how grateful you have to be seeing her play injury free, and how ridiculous expectations of some users on TF sometimes are.

I guess she was so emotional because of her history with her ankle. But as you all said, it didn't look very bad, so we can hope there is nothing serious.

One thing is clear, she retired rather too little than too much in the past regarding an ankle injury.

Mike81
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Poor Bine. More bad luck! :sad:

rucolo
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Not again :bigcry:

Very nice of Serena to comfort Sabine and try to cheer her up :awww:

Lisickifan84
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/e906e2-1333742329.jpg

Ian Aberdon
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Very nice of Serena to try & comfort Sabs.

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:18 PM
http://www.bilder-upload.eu/upload/e906e2-1333742329.jpg

ok that's normal procedure isn't it, she must still have pain when she's going to do an MRI.

so worried right now.

jasonwright25
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM
ok that's normal procedure isn't it, she must still have pain when she's going to do an MRI.

so worried right now.

Probably pre-cautionary just to make sure nothing serious happened. I'm guessing she is getting X-Ray'd. Most people can't just walk into a hospital and get an MRI.

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:47 PM
no offence to the US doctors, but she should get that ankle checked again in Germany, we have the better doctors here.
her 2010 ankle injury is the best example for that, they didn't even see it was broken and let her play again.

CillyUltra
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM
no offence to the US doctors, but she should get that ankle checked again in Germany, we have the better doctors here.
her 2010 ankle injury is the best example for that, they didn't even see it was broken and let her play again.
I would say she has specialists in Berlin she can trust, which isn't offensive to American doctors. ;)

jasonwright25
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Do you know how many doctors there are in the US? Do you know how many misdiagnosed her?

Ziva
Apr 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
oh boy, like i said, no offence, there are good doctors in the US of course,the standard is just different, i have made my own very bad experiences with US doctors, but thats another story.
Sabine said herself that when she gets injured, she will get the first plane back to germany to get to her german doctors, because of this misdiagnosis back then.
Dont hate me i still Love your country :)

maturedgirl
Apr 7th, 2012, 03:50 AM
FB Sabine Lisicki
I twisted my ankle at 1all in the first set & was forced to retire against Serena. It was very unfortunate because it was a good match but these things happen in life. I´ll keep you posted on things when I know more.
Thanks for your support!
I´ll fight & come back stronger!

her fans outside ETZ believe in her(already many comments in only an hour;))
so do I:devil:

hellas719
Apr 7th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Sabine :hug::sobbing:

It was just heartbreaking to watch that :awww:

Mike81
Apr 7th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I would be really sad for her if she misses out on playing in Stuttgart. Such fond memories from last year for me as a fan because it was my first time really staying up to watch her play at strange hours.

everythingtaboo
Apr 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Do you know how many doctors there are in the US? Do you know how many misdiagnosed her?

Remember this? I'm pretty sure it was in America.

Six months later at Indian Wells, she suffered another injury to the same ankle but in a different place. Her injury was misdiagnosed (it ended up being a fracture) and the next thing she knew, her spring, summer and top 25 ranking had disappeared.

"It was a bad diagnosis because it cost me a lot of time," she said. "So I went to the German doctors much later. I should have done that earlier. It was tough, but it happened."

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/match_reports/2012-01-21/201201211327133766359.html

Lisickifan84
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Poor Sabine :sad:

I know why I don't read in GM forum. So many stupid commentaries.

It seems that they all were on court yesterday and only they know how you have to feel and every emotion is bad and you must be cool, smile and waving to the crowd. Even better, play on because you didn't have a career-threatened injury history with your ankle. You have to be strong because you are a robot and nobody would feel that way only the ones who are very very weak.

Let's hope it is nothing bad :worship:

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Remember this? I'm pretty sure it was in America.

Six months later at Indian Wells, she suffered another injury to the same ankle but in a different place. Her injury was misdiagnosed (it ended up being a fracture) and the next thing she knew, her spring, summer and top 25 ranking had disappeared.

"It was a bad diagnosis because it cost me a lot of time," she said. "So I went to the German doctors much later. I should have done that earlier. It was tough, but it happened."

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/match_reports/2012-01-21/201201211327133766359.html

like i said, she will only trust her doctors in Germany after what happened before, which is very understandable, she now had an MRI, but will have that double checked in Germany, but it seems to be not that bad.
Fingers crossed :)

Ziva
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Poor Sabine :sad:

I know why I don't read in GM forum. So many stupid commentaries.

It seems that they all were on court yesterday and only they know how you have to feel and every emotion is bad and you must be cool, smile and waving to the crowd. Even better, play on because you didn't have a career-threatened injury history with your ankle. You have to be strong because you are a robot and nobody would feel that way only the ones who are very very weak.

Let's hope it is nothing bad :worship:

i really don't get why they always do that to her in GM, why do they hate her that much, can't comprehend what they say about her, it's all stupid there ?

Ian Aberdon
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I'm afraid every players has their haters, for whatever reason. Many just do it to be controversial.

Michael!
Apr 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Die deutsche Fed-Cup-Teamchefin Barbara Rittner erklärte, Lisicki wolle nun nach Deutschland zurückfliegen und noch einmal in Ruhe zum Arzt gehen. In South Carolina sei bereits eine MRT-Untersuchung durchgeführt worden. "Es ist nichts Schlimmes. So was ist immer schmerzhaft im ersten Moment", sagte Rittner. Sie will am kommenden Mittwoch ihr Aufgebot für das Relegationsspiel in Stuttgart bekanntgeben.

Doctors in USA said that it isn´t sth serious but Sabine will go to another doctor in Germany as well to make sure!
Rittner expects her to be fit for FedCup again!

lovethetennis
Apr 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM
It seems like Sabine was really ready to play against Serena this time. That's what I noticed right away. It just sucks that she had to get hurt again :(

maturedgirl
Apr 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
It seems like Sabine was really ready to play against Serena this time. That's what I noticed right away. It just sucks that she had to get hurt again :(

My impression too!:yeah: service and return worked pretty well at the beginning, but she didn't feel comfortable on that wet slippy ground...
and for that she was crying, not only the pain but the disappointment of beeing ready to give Serena a tough fight, so fu**ing baad!:shout:

rucolo
Apr 7th, 2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20120406/safarova-into-semis-stosur-conquers-venus_2256076_2726299

Williams and Lisicki shared some words at the net during the handshake.

"I just told her it would be all right," Williams recalled. "I'm in an emotional time in my life, so I told her, 'Don't cry, because you're going to make me cry,' and I was like, my eyes are getting watery. I'm always crying. But it's not the French Open now. At least it happened earlier and you can recover. It's okay. I've been through those injuries, and it sucks. It really, really sucks."

everythingtaboo
Apr 8th, 2012, 06:43 AM

This. I was really impressed with what I saw up until that slip.

maturedgirl
Apr 8th, 2012, 07:54 AM
This. I was really impressed with what I saw up until that slip.Yep!

Think, Sab admires her and for that reason had been really hot playing her, showing her best! The best idol on court she could pick :worship:
In the beginning it looked to become a really exciting match...until that silly thing happend.

loved it how she returned some of Serenas services-boom:devil:

everythingtaboo
Apr 8th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Yep!

Think, Sab admires her and for that reason had been really hot playing her, showing her best! The best idol on court she could pick :worship:
In the beginning it looked to become a really exciting match...until that silly thing happend.

loved it how she returned some of Serenas services-boom:devil:

The freaky thing is when she was playing that well all I kept thinking was "something is going to ruin this, as always. She'll probably get injured again." And bingo. I hate how psychic I am sometimes. :sad:

Ziva
Apr 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM

add another one, worst doctors in the World for me from now on, they say nothing serious, can play FedCup, ours say at least 3 more weeks no tournaments, seriously WTF.:mad:

MardenDiller
Apr 14th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Come back soon, Bine! :hearts::hearts: