PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17

SilverPersian
Jun 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Very nervous, almost sick....

+1

Please play well Sammy. I don't think you'll get away with another match like the one with Sloane :sobbing::hug:

Huntress55
Jun 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Im feeling alright before the match. Kind of like how I did before Nadia. Should be nervous but not really. Its weird since its a QF.

But cant wait to watch the match. Glad she's first up on PC.

stromatolite
Jun 5th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Im feeling alright before the match. Kind of like how I did before Nadia. Should be nervous but not really. Its weird since its a QF.

I think we should promote you to the status of official Sam-talisman! You seems to have some serious good karma going here. Keep it up:worship:

Territory
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Not nervous here either. Sam knows what she has to do. We just have to have faith in her that she can do it. :armed:

stromatolite
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Not nervous here either. Sam knows what she has to do. We just have to have faith in her that she can do it. :armed:

Keep on saying this stuff guys, I need to hear it:lol:

Seriously, I think you're right, Sam is way more professional in the way she handles shit like this than she used to be. It's just that there is so much riding on this....

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I hope you don't mind my commenting here. I'm a huge fan of Sam. I always want her to win (I have only a problem with that when she's playing against Agnieszka).

When it comes to Maria I don't like her at all. I hate her shrieking. I can't stand it. And she behaves like a diva. Today I've read that when she's walking across the courts in RG there are always 6-8 bodyguards with her. I don't want her to win any slam more. Unfortunately I think it's quite probable since she's a very good player.

Of course we don't mind ;). Sorry that Radwanska lost against Sveta :hug:. I adore Sveta and she played that match very well but her match against Errani :tape:

Well, there ya go! You're almost sick. In a few hours you might be really sick! You better call in!

Wow, that's brilliant. I'm due to miss the SF (if Sam gets to that stage :scared:) so maybe I'll use that excuse :p

Your feelings were spot on for the Petrova match. I hope that's a sign of things to come!

Keep on saying this stuff guys, I need to hear it:lol:

Seriously, I think you're right, Sam is way more professional in the way she handles shit like this than she used to be. It's just that there is so much riding on this....

Repeat after me. She can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it x 1000

stromatolite
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Repeat after me. She can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it, she can do it x 1000

What do you think I've been doing? You don't think I went to sleep last night or anything frivolous like that do you? :lol:

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
What do you think I've been doing? You don't think I went to sleep last night or anything frivolous like that do you? :lol:

Sleep? What's that? I don't think I've heard of such a thing since the French Open started :lol:

Starry Eyed
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Don't worry, Sam's got this :cool:

SilverPersian
Jun 5th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I'm not going to be able to watch this either. But I will be screaming at my phone while on public transport in support.

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM

She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do it, She can do

:bounce::bounce::bounce:
B.
PS: You can do the math, it's precisely 1000x.

Siderophyre
Jun 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
:lol: I second that.

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I third that :D
I have a good feeling about this match. ClayGOAT Sammy is ready!!

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sam can do it... :lol:

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:04 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
B.
PS: You can do the math, it's precisely 1000x.

I'll take your word for it, B :lol:. She can do it!

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM
What is that odd noise that Cibulkova makes everytime she scores a point?

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
The grunt she is making at the end of each point is terribly annoying a bad sportsmanship. Good quality match so far.

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Good game. 2-2.

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
3 BPs: she can do it!

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Break, break, break, break...

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:30 PM
3-2! Do this, Sambo :cheer:

Ado.
Good start. Nice break!

AaronT
good job Sam.

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Cibulkova returns very well :(

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Her kick effect is terrific!!! B.

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Cibulkova wears her heart on her sleeve, doesn't she?

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Do you really need to cheer after every point? After a good winner, yeah, but otherwise it's a tiny bit annoying.

The noise, the noise!

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Break her! C'mon Sambo!

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
...or not. But anyway, c'mon Sambo! :cheer:

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:41 PM
nice shot, Sam

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Cibulkova wears her heart on her sleeve, doesn't she?

yeah, I've only seen her play a couple of times, but she does seem to wear her heart on her sleeve. I wonder, does she ever have fits/tantrums/meltdowns during matches? I haven't seen it happen, but somehow I could imagine her having a fit like like the Zvonereva fit when she lost to Sam a couple of years ago in the Charelston final, you know, the racket kicking fit.

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:46 PM
BP4 : she can do it!

Siderophyre
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Jesus that was a sweet return for the break.

sunsets21
Finally! :cheer:

bertisonline
Great opportunity! 5*-2!

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Serve it out Sam and no hiccup please!

GeeTee
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
C'mon Sam. Shut this set down and get into the next.

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Errani just took the first set against Kerber

claypova
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
havent posted in here for so long :lol:

go sam :cheer:

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM
yeah, I've only seen her play a couple of times, but she does seem to wear her heart on her sleeve. I wonder, does she ever have fits/tantrums/meltdowns during matches? I haven't seen it happen, but somehow I could imagine her having a fit like like the Zvonereva fit when she lost to Sam a couple of years ago in the Charelston final, you know, the racket kicking fit.

Probably. If she does in this match, it would be great. It would be very funny and it means the scoreline would be very, very good for us ;)

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
As usual, she gets broken serving for the set. Surprise, surprise.

Siderophyre
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Sigh. Of course the break when serving for it...

SilverPersian
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Broken while serving for the set. Soo NID :sobbing::lol:

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Alright, time to fire up the forehand, Sam :cheer:

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
ugh, Sam, you need to hold your serve this time

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Oh seriously, FUCK OFF!

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
wtf is going on? why you always do this to us Sam? :(

SilverPersian
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Ssssssssaasaaaaaammmmmmmmm...........pppllllllleee raaaadsssrrree npooooook

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Good on ya, Sammy! Keep it going :cheer:

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Ssssssssaasaaaaaammmmmmmmm...........pppllllllleee raaaadsssrrree npooooook

Whaa? :lol:

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
deuce:)

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
adv sam!

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks God!

jimmy_the_greek
6-4:)

sunsets21
Got it in the end. You love making your fans suffer :sobbing:

It was a good end to the set though :cheer:

Siderophyre
Thank Christ for that. Some epic hitting there.

claypova
6-4 :lol:

SilverPersian
THANK YOU JESUS :cheer:

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
What a set point! Even Dave was not sure what to think about it:)
SHE-CAN-DO-IT
:lol:

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Phew. Heart can return to normal pace. High quality first set

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
0-15*

jimmy_the_greek
0-30*

sunsets21
Oh seriously, FUCK OFF!

wtf is going on? why you always do this to us Sam? :(

The swears...

Thanks God!

Thank Christ for that. Some epic hitting there.

THANK YOU JESUS :cheer:

and the prayers toward deities :lol:. Yep, definitely every single match.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
15-30*

Towanda
Got it in the end. You love making your fans suffer :sobbing:

It was a good end to the set though :cheer:

yes she does, and she seriously needs to stop fucking with us. She needs to get this set over with quickly.

jimmy_the_greek
15-40*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
30-40*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM
0-1

Huntress55
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
She certainly likes to keep things exciting :p

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
0-15

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
0-30:(

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I officially cannot stand Cibulkova. All the screaming and fist-pumping is annoying. She really sealed my dislike of her when she pumped her fist when Sam served into the net late in the first set. Fist-pimping a service fault? Really?

jimmy_the_greek
0-40

Towanda
good fucking grief, Sam!

jimmy_the_greek
15-40

sunsets21
I officially cannot stand Cibulkova. All the screaming and fist-pumping is annoying. She really sealed my dislike of her when she pumped her fist when Sam served into the net late in the first set. Fist-pimping a service fault? Really?

Exactly so. That annoying noise she makes after almost every fucking point. Ugh.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
30-40

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:13 PM
deuce:)

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Very cool to save the BP, Sammy.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM
adv sam!

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thank you Ms Stosur!

sunsets21
Very good from Sam. Kept her head cool.

jimmy_the_greek
1-1

tennisforadults
How did Sam do that? :sobbing: coming back from 3 break points down to hold!

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:16 PM
15-0*

sunsets21
Nice point! Great backhand :inlove:

jimmy_the_greek
30-0*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM
40-0*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:17 PM
40-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
2-1:)

Huntress55
Sam :yeah:

Ado.
Excellent break after a tough hold. Keep going Sammy!!!

sunsets21
:cheer:

bertisonline
And now the break!
She can… do it!

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
yes she does, and she seriously needs to stop fucking with us. She needs to get this set over with quickly.

This ^

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:19 PM
How did Sam do that? :sobbing: coming back from 3 break points down to hold!

Always trying to keep things exciting for us! I could do with a bit less excitement though.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
15-00

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
30-00

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:21 PM
40-00

Huntress55
Wow great service game from Sam :) 2 aces.

Ado.
GOAT serving!!!

jimmy_the_greek
3-1:)

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Go go Sam. Fire up that serve!

sunsets21
I love these slow-mo cameras. Those muscles :inlove:

jimmy_the_greek
15-0*

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Woah, way lucky :lol:

jimmy_the_greek
30-0*

jimmy_the_greek
30-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
30-30*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
40-30*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:25 PM
deuce

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:26 PM
adv sam:)

jimmy_the_greek
4-1:)

Huntress55
YEs :) breeeaak! Sam in control :cool:

sunsets21
Beautiful :inlove:

Ado.
Another Break. Woohoo!

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
When did the backhand down the line become a weapon?

SilverPersian
^_______________^

Ado.
C'mon Sammy you've got this one! :)

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
0-15

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
15-15

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
4*-1
She plays aggressive and has the lead. But it's not finished.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:29 PM
30-15

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
30-30

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
40-30:)

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
5-1:)

Ado.
C'mon Sam one more game!

Huntress55
Break for the match Sam!

sunsets21
One game, Sam. Do this :cheer:

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
5-1: haven't we seen that scenario? :lol:
Not over yet, BTW.

jimmy_the_greek
15-0*

jimmy_the_greek
15-15*

AaronT
Break for the match Sam. I know you love serving but I don't wan't to see you serve for it.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
30-15*

jimmy_the_greek
30-30*

Towanda
Break for the match Sam!

Yes, please, that way you don't have to serve it out.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:34 PM
30-40*

jimmy_the_greek
deuce

sunsets21
Nooooooooooooooo we don't want you to serve :sobbing:

bertisonline
2 more points Sam!!!

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
adv sam!

Huntress55
MP! Cmon Sam!

bertisonline
MP!!!
She can do it! Go Sam!

jimmy_the_greek
mp sam!

sunsets21
Thank you ;)

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:36 PM
She Has Done It !!!

AaronT
Like a boss Sam :)

sunsets21
Well, that was an easy end :lol:

jimmy_the_greek
6-4 6-1:)

Huntress55
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:37 PM
:woohoo: So happy! The normal wobbles in the first set :p but put her foot down in the second.

32 W to 13 UEs.. very nice match :)

tennisforadults
YES!!!!!!!!! Happpiiiiieeeee

Can't believe Cibulkova just folded "like a cheap tent" as they say.

Ado.
Awesome match NID!! 6 games in a row. Onto the Semis. :cheer:

GeeTee
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Yay!!

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiii!

Another semi! Errani or Kerber. Getting scared of Errani now :scared:

AaronT
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Kerber or Errani? which one you guys prefer?

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:40 PM
That almighty hold from 0-40 down at the beginning of the 2nd set sealed it. Dominika never got a look at Sam's serve again, instead having to defend her own.

Sam still frightens me when she takes these extremely high risk shots that barely paint the lines. But that's when she produces her best tennis.

That was much tougher than the scoreline suggested.

Ivi_3
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:41 PM
:bounce:

I think I prefer Errani

aussie_fan
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Well Played Sam! :worship: Really dicated the play like she should with that forehand, really happy with ehr form at thhis stage of the tournament.

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
It does look like it's going to be Errani. What a shame; I quite like Kerber.

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
The scoreline was not a reflection of the quality of the match. Both players went in with smart tactics, just Sammy was better at excluding hers.

sunsets21
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Sara Errani it is.

Keadz
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Great win Sammy :) Solid performance.

Errani next, another potentially dangerous semifinal against an unexpected oppenant. Not sure what to think, if she returns Sam's serve well and comes up with a good game plan it could be dangerous.

Huntress55
Jun 5th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Errani is playing well no doubt. But made alot of errors against Kerber but Kerber wasnt really giving much. It was abit of a screwy match.

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Errani can rally Sam to death. To beat her, Sam pretty much has to play a similar plan to playing Domi - 1st strike tennis. Don't give Sara the chance to get to anything. And lots of patience.

jack21
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Great work Sam. First set was so-so but she really fired in the second after holding for 1-1.

Like others I am a tiny bit nervous about Errani but realistically Sam will win if she plays to about 80% of her ability. Sara is in great form but no matter how well she plays, her lack of power and height play right in sam's hands and she won't be able to stop Sam from stepping up into the court, dominating from the baseline and dragging her off the court with heavy topspin.

The best that Sara can hope for is to mix it up and use her crafty and consistent game to try and unsettle Sam and draw out the UE's. If Sam stays calm I would expect a two set win, something like 6-4 6-4 as Errani will fight tooth and nail until the last point.

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Someone on GM just posted that Domi, on twitter, has referred to Sammy as playing like a man and against a man. What a classless way to respond after losing a very high quality match. Why can't more players show the same respect as Sam does both on and off the court. :fiery:

Huntress55
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Someone on GM just posted that Domi, on twitter, has referred to Sammy as playing like a man and against a man. What a classless way to respond after losing a very high quality match. Why can't more players show the same respect as Sam does both on and off the court. :fiery:

I think people are making a bigger deal with that comment than it really is. I havent see the interview though so unless she says it in a bitchy way or more is said than Im not sure she meant it in a bad way. I think she just means Sams style of game, with her kick serves and topspin, is something you see more in the mens game and that style in hard to play against.

Could have phrased it better if anything :lol:

plokploky
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:44 PM

I think it was more meant as a complement. If i were a woman, I would be honored if someone said I played like with MASSIVE amounts of topspin.

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
They are professionals and really need to choose their words carefully. I agree we need to hear the exact nature and context of the comment but I still don't understand why the reference has to always be "plays like a man" when a female player is strong and fit. Sharapova and Serena hit with extraordinary power but it rare they get this treatment. IMHO.
In any event, it doesn't change the result. Sammy still kicked ass and is playing very well :)

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I think people are making a bigger deal with that comment than it really is. I havent see the interview though so unless she says it in a bitchy way or more is said than Im not sure she meant it in a bad way. I think she just means Sams style of game, with her kick serves and topspin, is something you see more in the mens game and that style in hard to play against.

Could have phrased it better if anything :lol:

Agreed. Lost in translation.

Jankovic said something similar in 2010 - also not meant to be bitchy. They were trying to explain to journalists why it's hard to play Sam.

Chim
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Very happy for Sam's performance today. So I'm not too worry with her next round. She should be able to handle Sara's game comfortably. Go Sammy go!!!!

SilverPersian
Jun 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Woohoo go Sammy :cheer: Fourth grand slam semi, and will go a long way toward getting into the YECs at the end of the year :hearts:

I'm definitely worried about Errani. It felt like she was making some headway into Sam's game at Rome and causing a lot of frustration. If Sam's a bit complacent, feeling a bit off, or not willing to fight down and dirty, the match could have a not so good result (at least for us). Still, Errani is technically one of Sam's "punchbags", so it's an amazing opportunity.

I LOVE YOU SAMMY :hug:

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
What Domi has to say about Sam...

"I have to say that she played unbelievable today," Cibulkova said after the match. "Her topspin and her serve, it was really hard to play against. It was driving me crazy on the court today. It was really, really hard. Really tough.

"Her kick gets me out of the court so much, I can't do anything."

:hearts:

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Woohoo go Sammy :cheer: Fourth grand slam semi, and will go a long way toward getting into the YECs at the end of the year :hearts:

I'm definitely worried about Errani. It felt like she was making some headway into Sam's game at Rome and causing a lot of frustration. If Sam's a bit complacent, feeling a bit off, or not willing to fight down and dirty, the match could have a not so good result (at least for us). Still, Errani is technically one of Sam's "punchbags", so it's an amazing opportunity.

I LOVE YOU SAMMY :hug:

I agree. Sam really needs to be on her game and remember how and why she has beaten Errani 5 times. Let's hope for another high quality match with Sam winning in straight sets!

Ado.
Jun 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM

"I have to say that she played unbelievable today," Cibulkova said after the match. "Her topspin and her serve, it was really hard to play against. It was driving me crazy on the court today. It was really, really hard. Really tough.

That pretty much explains the match. I think Domi had the right tactics, she just couldn't execute them consistently.

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Agreed. Lost in translation.

Jankovic said something similar in 2010 - also not meant to be bitchy. They were trying to explain to journalists why it's hard to play Sam.

Remember when Hingis said something similar about Mauresmo many years ago? That created quite an uproar. Although I think Hingis said that Maursemo was "half a man," but I think that was lost in translation as well.

Towanda
Jun 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM

Well, that makes me dislike Cibulkova a little bit less. It's so nice to see a player say good things about their opponent's game after a loss as opposed to the ones who give no credit at all.

tenniscrazy84
Jun 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Nice win!!! ;)

stromatolite
Jun 5th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Just got back from the annual company day out, delighted to see that Sam did the job without too much fuss (well by Sam's standards anyway). We were out in the countryside and I lost connection on my phone at deuce in the 5-2 game in set 1. Tried frantically all afternoon, but it was dead as a dodo. Still, I figured Sam wasn't going to let the match slip from that scoreline so I wasn't too worried. Fortunately I was spared the wobble after that, otr I would have been a lot more concerned:lol:

Lot of fun reading through you guys' live comments on the match, really gives a flavor of what the match was like. Thanks!:yeah:

I'm not really worried about the SF against Sara. She's a good player and she's playing well, but Sam knows that and knows exactly what to expect, so I really can't see her losing that unless she goes off the boil in a really major way.

Btw: SF of a slam without dropping a set, how cool is that? I wonder how often in her career Sam has won 5 matches in a row in straights. Not often would be my guess. Let's make it 7 Sammy!

bertisonline
Jun 5th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Just got back from the annual company day out, delighted to see that Sam did the job without too much fuss (well by Sam's standards anyway). We were out in the countryside and I lost connection on my phone at deuce in the 5-2 game in set 1. Tried frantically all afternoon, but it was dead as a dodo. Still, I figured Sam wasn't going to let the match slip from that scoreline so I wasn't too worried. Fortunately I was spared the wobble after that, otr I would have been a lot more concerned:lol:

Lot of fun reading through you guys' live comments on the match, really gives a flavor of what the match was like. Thanks!:yeah:

I'm not really worried about the SF against Sara. She's a good player and she's playing well, but Sam knows that and knows exactly what to expect, so I really can't see her losing that unless she goes off the boil in a really major way.

Btw: SF of a slam without dropping a set, how cool is that? I wonder how often in her career Sam has won 5 matches in a row in straights. Not often would be my guess. Let's make it 7 Sammy!

Oh, we were expecting you coming back from the countryside!

Three semis at RG in four years; and so right, Sam did not lose any set this year and even did not play any t-break. Maybe we can compare the situation with what happened at the USO11, doesn't it make some sense now? So the new Kerber is Errani (who defeated Kerber today, by some irony of history). Sam was not lucky with the draws of Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid; or played during those series Vs. an-opponent-with-her-best-tennis e-ver-all-ti-me. Suddenly, RG is a golden opportunity, Sam needs to take the next match at 150% seriously.

B.

:bounce::bounce:

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Remember when Hingis said something similar about Mauresmo many years ago? That created quite an uproar. Although I think Hingis said that Maursemo was "half a man," but I think that was lost in translation as well.

Who can forget that Hingis quote? :lol:

I mentioned Jankovic because she said that about Sam, whereas Hingis's was directed at Mauresmo. I am not sure but I had the impression Hingis's words were less "innocent" because they seemed to point towards Amelie's appearance as well.

tennisforadults
Jun 5th, 2012, 10:36 PM

Probably the most amazing thing about Sam's performance so far.

In 2010, her matches with Henin and Serena both went to 3 sets. And USO last year she had titanic tussles with Petrova and Kirilenko.

Did you guys see the stat in GM about Sam having not lost ANY matches at grand slams once she won the first set? If she lost the first set, her record of winning is quite poor. I wish I haven't known that. :sobbing:

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:57 AM

In 2010, her matches with Henin and Serena both went to 3 sets. And USO last year she had titanic tussles with Petrova and Kirilenko.

Did you guys see the stat in GM about Sam having not lost ANY matches at grand slams once she won the first set? If she lost the first set, her record of winning is quite poor. I wish I haven't known that. :sobbing:

That's an amazing stat. I wonder whether there is another player on the tour for whom that applies. As for her poor record after losing the first set: doesn't that pretty much apply to everybody? At least she's won slam matches from a set down hasn't she?

Towanda
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:49 AM
That's an amazing stat. I wonder whether there is another player on the tour for whom that applies. As for her poor record after losing the first set: doesn't that pretty much apply to everybody? At least she's won slam matches from a set down hasn't she?

It sees that she is the only WTA player - EVER - for whom that applies. Someone posted a list on GM, but I can't find it now. I'll link it here if I can find it.

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah, second is Serena on 97%ish.

Just another way in which Sam owns Serena :banana:

Edit: 98%, I mean.

Samantha Stosur (43 - 0 | 100.0%)
Serena Williams (182 - 3 | 98.4%)
Steffi Graf (255 - 6 | 97.7%)
Chris Evert (268 - 9 | 96.8%)
Tracy Austin (54 - 2 | 96.4%)
Mary Joe Fernandez (121 - 5 | 96.0%)
Martina Navratilova (281 - 12 | 95.9%)
Agnieszka Radwanska (46 - 2 | 95.8%)
Gabriela Sabatini (151 - 7 | 95.6%)
Maria Sharapova (103 - 5 | 95.4%)
Martina Hingis (140 - 7 | 95.2%)
Justine Henin (129 - 7 | 94.9%)
Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario (192 - 11 | 94.6%)
Lindsay Davenport (173 - 10 | 94.5%)
Elena Likhovtseva (68 - 4 | 94.4%)
Nathalie Tauziat (82 - 5 | 94.3%)
Anna Kournikova (32 - 2 | 94.1%)
Jennifer Capriati (123 - 8 | 93.9%)
Andrea Jaeger (45 - 3 | 93.8%)
Ana Ivanovic (60 - 4 | 93.8%)
Venus Williams (190 - 13 | 93.6%)
Dominika Cibulkova (28 - 2 | 93.3%)
Monica Seles (162 - 12 | 93.1%)
Anke Huber (81 - 6 | 93.1%)
Nadia Petrova (93 - 7 | 93.0%)
Paola Suarez (38 - 3 | 92.7%)
Amelie Mauresmo (113 - 9 | 92.6%)
Zina Garrison (112 - 9 | 92.6%)
Hana Mandlikova (125 - 11 | 91.9%)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (99 - 9 | 91.7%)
Dinara Safina (53 - 5 | 91.4%)
Vera Zvonareva (73 - 7 | 91.3%)
Kim Clijsters (112 - 11 | 91.1%)
Natasha Zvereva (89 - 9 | 90.8%)
Victoria Azarenka (49 - 5 | 90.7%)
Nicole Vaidisova (39 - 4 | 90.7%)
Caroline Wozniacki (48 - 5 | 90.6%)
Amanda Coetzer (87 - 9 | 90.6%)
Irina Spirlea (38 - 4 | 90.5%)
Jana Novotna (139 - 15 | 90.3%)
Na Li (45 - 5 | 90.0%)
Jie Zheng (27 - 3 | 90.0%)
Conchita Martinez (155 - 18 | 89.6%)
Elena Dementieva (102 - 12 | 89.5%)
Yanina Wickmayer (17 - 2 | 89.5%)
Daniela Hantuchova (65 - 8 | 89.0%)
Jelena Jankovic (70 - 9 | 88.6%)
Pam Shriver (98 - 13 | 88.3%)
Kimiko Date-Krumm (45 - 6 | 88.2%)
Francesca Schiavone (72 - 10 | 87.8%)
Chanda Rubin (59 - 9 | 86.8%)
Petra Kvitova (25 - 4 | 86.2%)
Tsvetana Pironkova (18 - 3 | 85.7%)
Marion Bartoli (47 - 9 | 83.9%)
Patty Schnyder (82 - 17 | 82.8%)
Jelena Dokic (37 - 8 | 82.2%)
Nathalie Dechy (50 - 11 | 82.0%)
Sabine Lisicki (17 - 4 | 81.0%)
Anna Chakvetadze (33 - 8 | 80.5%)
Alexandra Stevenson (7 - 2 | 77.8%)

tennisforadults
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Yes Sam is the only player with a perfect record. Serena is next with about 97%, but wayyyyyy more matches played. (edited to add: got beaten to it!)

And yes Sam has won grand slam matches after losing 1st set, but not many times.

Ado.
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:37 AM

In Oz, the commentators have been mentioning this (and her battle with Lyme Disease) at every one of her GS matches over the last 2yrs. Every time I hear it, I keep thinking they are trying to jinx her and I get nervous.

BTW, Sammy now on 6180 points in the rankings. This is her highest total points ever :cheer:

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Someone just started a topic in GM asking people why they dislike Sam.

This should be fun :facepalm:

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 07:43 AM
^The early comments on the thread were very positive, but the haters have discovered it now, so it's probably going to get very ugly very quick.

bertisonline
Jun 6th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Fantastic if you turn out to be right (:yeah:), but that would almost double the number of singles titles she's won in her whole career! I prefer to be cautiously optimistic to avoid searing disappointment. A repeat win in Charleston might be feasible.

Initial contributor: Dominika Cibulkova. :lol:
Welcome to all bad losers...
B.

Ado.
Jun 6th, 2012, 08:21 AM

There are some real trolls on GM. Watch them all come out to have a go.:mad:

Huntress55
Jun 6th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Really it just shows how relevant Sam is now :hearts:

Although by no means does she get the amount of hate that certain other players get, I think even if somebody doesnt like Sam some of them still respect what she has done or admit when she has played well. But there are always people in GM who hate for the sake of hating.

That stat about not losing a match after winning first set is cool. The one where she wins after losing first set isnt so cool. Though Id like to see the % from the last 3/4 years. Afterall this has been when she has had her best results. I can think of a couple of matches where she has lost the first set only to win the match.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I feared the worst, but so far the thread is panning out pretty well. Most comments are pretty positive, and even most of the criticism is not too harsh. And the exceptions so far are the sort of people I would prefer not to have supporting Sam.

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah the thread hasn't been too bad. I think some of the more avid Serena fans are avoiding the forums after her hasty R1 exit :lol:

Just out of interest, who are people cheering for in the other half? I think it's a bit too much to ask for Shvedova or Kanepi to come through, and out of Petra and Masha, I'm not sure who I'd prefer to take on Sam in a final (realising fully that she hasn't reached this stage yet).

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah the thread hasn't been too bad. I think some of the more avid Serena fans are avoiding the forums after her hasty R1 exit :lol:

Just out of interest, who are people cheering for in the other half? I think it's a bit too much to ask for Shvedova or Kanepi to come through, and out of Petra and Masha, I'm not sure who I'd prefer to take on Sam in a final (realising fully that she hasn't reached this stage yet).

I assume if Sam makes it to the final she'll face either Maria or Petra, and I think her chances of beating either are about equal, i.e. pretty good but not overwhelming. Even though I like Petra better than Maria, I think a final against Maria would be more exciting, so that's what I'm hoping for. Hope Petra defends her Wimbledon title (unless of course Sam mistakes the grass for green clay and takes the tournament by storm:lol:).

claypova
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM

Maria of course :oh:

AaronT
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I like Kvitova but out of these two I prefer Sharapova. She lost 2 slams final very easily and this will be a huge pressure on her as she is the heavy favorite for the title, also her serve is inconsistent. Petra is a lefty and Sam doesn't like to play against lefty . Petra is tall and her lefty swing will be hard for Sam to finishes her inside out forehand.

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I assume if Sam makes it to the final she'll face either Maria or Petra, and I think her chances of beating either are about equal, i.e. pretty good but not overwhelming. Even though I like Petra better than Maria, I think a final against Maria would be more exciting, so that's what I'm hoping for. Hope Petra defends her Wimbledon title (unless of course Sam mistakes the grass for green clay and takes the tournament by storm:lol:).

Yeah, a final against Petra could basically take Sam out of the equation - she'd just have to push and scrap, serve well, and hope that she can get Petra to self destruct.

I like Kvitova but out of these two I prefer Sharapova. She lost 2 slams final very easily and this will be a huge pressure on her as she is the heavy favorite for the title, also her serve is inconsistent. Petra is a lefty and Sam doesn't like to play against lefty . Petra is tall and her lefty swing will be hard for Sam to finishes her inside out forehand.

This is what I'm thinking too. The fact that Maria has got such a good record against Sam might put more pressure on her in a hypothetical final as well.

I'm not so sure that Petra is in a much better state mentally than Maria though. Everybody expected her to take the number one ranking from Woz after the Australian Open, and since then her results haven't been fantastic. I think she really feels the expectations for her to perform.

Maria of course :oh:

Hmmm...I'm not 100% convinced you've got Sam's best interests at heart here, but given everybody else is saying the same thing I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :p

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Australia drew the Czech Republic, the defending champions, in Fed Cup :facepalm:

Ado.
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Australia drew the Czech Republic, the defending champions, in Fed Cup :facepalm:

Oh crap what a horrible draw. Oh well very good experience for the girls.

I must say I am really starting to warm to Petra. I have always liked her game (apart from the barking), but just saw her road to Roland Garros clip and she is so sweet. Seems really genuine and nice like Sammy :angel:

Ok now back to more important things. Sammy is going to play Maria in the final and get revenge on Stuttgart! :bounce:

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM

In Oz or the Czech Republic?

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
From the looks of this article, the tie is in the Czech Republic. If they choose indoor hardcourts we're pretty much stuffed I think. Although given Sammy's performances in Australia, the alternative isn't much better :sobbing:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/tennis/italy-to-host-us-in-1st-round-of-2013-fed-cup-1.3764872

Shvedova about to serve for the first set against Petra :confused:

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Of course they'll choose indoor hardcourts. That would leave a very tiny window of opportunity if both Sam and Jarka can somehow both win their singles against the Czech #2 (I guess Safarova, but maybe that will change before then), and Sam and Casey can seriously get their act together in doubles. Grasping at straws though really. This is truly rotten luck after all their hard work this year :mad:

Huntress55
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Blah horrible luck with the draw but will worry about that when it comes to it.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Meanwhile Maria through against Kanepi (no surprise there), but Kvitty still struggling against Shvedova (actually not that surprising either given Petra's shaky form of late).

Huntress55
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:49 PM
It was pretty straight forward from Maria but she didnt look super impressive, Kaia gave her alot of points pretty easily.

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Shvedova a break up in the third.

But drat, she is also a tall one :bigcry:

tennisforadults
Meanwhile Maria through against Kanepi (no surprise there), but Kvitty still struggling against Shvedova (actually not that surprising either given Petra's shaky form of late).

Looking more likely to see Maria in the final, especially if Shvedova wins.

Actually that "who would hate Sam" thread has become a good thread. Everyone who defended Sam was reasonable, rationale and likeable. Those who tried to give reasons for their hate came across as incredibly sore losers and sad individuals. It's even sadder that they are so smug about their "reasons" and so completely unaware of how they are being perceived.

stromatolite
Haven't been watching live, but it doesn't surprise me that it was a scrappy match. I think these are the kinds of matches that it is mainly important to get through them, and not so much how. If Kvitty gets through that will give Maria a good test ahead of the final to get her game sorted out. That's the one thing that worries me a bit for Sam: however well Sara plays on clay, it isn't a very good preparation for playing Maria or Petra.

SilverPersian
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Petra got through. Her match with Masha should be very interesting.

Huntress55
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:11 PM
It could be great or it could be awful. Depends how Masha is serving and which Petra shows up. Very interested to watch that match.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hard to say how this will pan out. Normally you'd think it'd be a great match, but if the conditions are really heavy it could be an ugly error-fest. And Petraa might just not show up mentally.

From my point of view it brings a little bit of calm. Knowing that Sam will face a tough test if she reaches the final whovever wins that SF gives a certain clarity that the situation wouldn't have if Shvedova won today. Bring it on!

KV
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Good luck vs. Errani. Hopefully Sam will win. Even though hope Sharapova will win RG, nothing to deny if Sam goes all the way. Has been the most consistent player on the Clay surface over the past 3 years or so. Good Sam has one slam under belt, but I feel RG it's the slam she's the best chances to win.

tennisforadults
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
My guess is Maria will beat Petra in 2.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Good luck vs. Errani. Hopefully Sam will win. Even though hope Sharapova will win RG, nothing to deny if Sam goes all the way. Has been the most consistent player on the Clay surface over the past 3 years or so. Good Sam has one slam under belt, but I feel RG it's the slam she's the best chances to win.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to a Sam-Maria final, which seems likely but is by no means certain. :unsure:

louloubelle
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Who can forget that Hingis quote? :lol:

I mentioned Jankovic because she said that about Sam, whereas Hingis's was directed at Mauresmo. I am not sure but I had the impression Hingis's words were less "innocent" because they seemed to point towards Amelie's appearance as well.
They were less than innocent and were directed at her physique and Martina's dislike for the affection shown in the locker room between Amelie and her partner.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
They were less than innocent and were directed at her physique and Martina's dislike for the affection shown in the locker room between Amelie and her partner.

Hingis' comments were disgusting and clearly homophobic. Jelena's comments in 2010 and as far as I can tell Domi's remarks yesterday are just referring to Sam's style of play, and as such are not offensive at all, if anything a little complimentary.

sunsets21
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:45 PM
FML, Sam first thing tomorrow! I'm away all day tomorrow :mad:. Cheer extra hard for me, please?

From what I remember, she said something along the lies of Amelie being half a man, she already travels with her girlfriend. Definitely not giving that woman the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Trolls are trolls. They don't really matter.

It is amusing to read the reasons why they dislike Sam though. It shows how utterly pathetic they are.

bertisonline
Jun 6th, 2012, 06:20 PM

There is no mistake: I have just read that the Madrid staff is in Wimbledon in order to paint the grass in Red for Sam and Rafa. :lol:
B.

stromatolite
Jun 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
There is no mistake: I have just read that the Madrid staff is in Wimbledon in order to paint the grass in Red for Sam and Rafa. :lol:
B.

:lol: They owe her a favor in any case, so good!:yeah:

Sam and Sara first up tomorrow on Chatrier at 2pm. Chatrier is obviously good for Sam, but again the weather is likely to be pretty humid, which will make conditions heavier and therefore help Sara. Still, it won't be anything like as slow as it was in Rome, where Sam was basically forced to be really patient, outlast Sara in the rallies and out-think her in the points, in other words she had to play Sara on Sara's terms.

If she needs to she can do that again, but I think Sam will be looking to impose her will on the match and put Sara on the defensive whenever she can. So the nice thing is that Sam has options that Sara really doesn't have. For the first time since R2 I'm not too nervous about the match. I just hope Huntress and Territory are feeling the same way;)

annetcl
Jun 6th, 2012, 09:27 PM
:lol: They owe her a favor in any case, so good!:yeah:

Sam and Sara first up tomorrow on Chatrier at 2pm. Chatrier is obviously good for Sam, but again the weather is likely to be pretty humid, which will make conditions heavier and therefore help Sara. Still, it won't be anything like as slow as it was in Rome, where Sam was basically forced to be really patient, outlast Sara in the rallies and out-think her in the points, in other words she had to play Sara on Sara's terms.

If she needs to she can do that again, but I think Sam will be looking to impose her will on the match and put Sara on the defensive whenever she can. So the nice thing is that Sam has options that Sara really doesn't have. For the first time since R2 I'm not too nervous about the match. I just hope Huntress and Territory are feeling the same way;)

Always calms me to no end when you feel good about Sam's prospects ;)

Just rewatched the second set of the Rome match - the terrible conditions that day were probably what made the scoreline so close. Sam definitely couldnt find her rhythm. The pro Italian crowd and the awkward wind definitely favored Sara's game more. Hoping the conditions tomorrow will be more normal, probably good for Sam to get the first slot as rain seem to come later in the afternoon based on the past few days - If Sam starts aggressively and puts her foot down this will be too much for Sara. I suppose it will be important for Sam to keep calm if she doesn't start well and not panic (if recent matches are any indication this is quite unlikely). My only worry is that Sara will try to disrupt Sam''s rhythm with drop shots etc something that Domi tried to do but her execution was poor. The match is definitely on Sam's racquet though. Hoping the one sided nature of their head to head will give Sam the slight edge but as Sam/we have learnt from the 2010 - it's not always that black and white. Like her responses during her recent post match conference though - very quick to point out it will count for nothing during the match tomorrow.

Some interesting quotes from the article below:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/stosur-powering-to-the-summit/story-fnbe6xeb-1226386763175

I just did something crazy yesterday - I bought tickets for the ladies final so I will fly to Paris (again!) to cheer Sam in person if she makes the final so fingers crossed she will go through tomorrow #no jinx :bounce:

Towanda
Jun 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM
FML, Sam first thing tomorrow! I'm away all day tomorrow :mad:. Cheer extra hard for me, please?

From what I remember, she said something along the lies of Amelie being half a man, she already travels with her girlfriend. Definitely not giving that woman the benefit of the doubt in this case.

Yeah, that's pretty much what she said. I already hated her by that point because she was such a brat but mainly because she was asked by a reporter how she felt about being named after the greatest woman player ever, and she said, "as far as I'm concerned I'm the only Martina" or something to that effect. I was and still am a huge Navratilova fan, and did not like Martina H. saying that.

I was also a huge Amelie fan. At the time, I was very pissed about her comments not only because they were about Amelie but also because they were homophobic. I have forgiven her somewhat given that she was young, immature, and a brat.

I think after the '99 FO Final I felt so bad for her that I let a lot of stuff go. I'll admit that during the match I was laughing my ass off, but I eventually started to feel bad for her. I also think a lot of things she says are taken out of context. Like the Martina comment - she very well might have meant that when she is playing, she is the only Martina she can think about, as she is the one playing and whomever she was named after means nothing at that point. I don't know, maybe I just like her game so much I was eventually able to give her the benefit of the doubt to some extent, and able to recognize that she did eventually mature somewhat.

Towanda
Jun 6th, 2012, 10:01 PM

In the SF today I was cheering for Kvitova for sure, and the other match I didn't care who won, although I would love to see Sam beat Maria in the final. Now that those matches are over, I'm not sure who I would rather win. I like Kvitova quite a bit and if Sammy were no longer in this, I'd be cheering for her to beat Maria. Given that Sam is going to (assuming she wins her SF) have to play the winner, I don't know who to cheer for in that one. I just wish I could know ahead of time if Sam will win or lose the final. If she's going to win, I'd rather it be against Maria, and if she's going to lose, I'd rather it be against Kvitova.

Towanda
Jun 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM

Just rewatched the second set of the Rome match - the terrible conditions that day were probably what made the scoreline so close. Sam definitely couldnt find her rhythm. The pro Italian crowd and the awkward wind definitely favored Sara's game more. Hoping the conditions tomorrow will be more normal, probably good for Sam to get the first slot as rain seem to come later in the afternoon based on the past few days - If Sam starts aggressively and puts her foot down this will be too much for Sara. I suppose it will be important for Sam to keep calm if she doesn't start well and not panic (if recent matches are any indication this is quite unlikely). My only worry is that Sara will try to disrupt Sam''s rhythm with drop shots etc something that Domi tried to do but her execution was poor. The match is definitely on Sam's racquet though. Hoping the one sided nature of their head to head will give Sam the slight edge but as Sam/we have learnt from the 2010 - it's not always that black and white. Like her responses during her recent post match conference though - very quick to point out it will count for nothing during the match tomorrow.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/stosur-powering-to-the-summit/story-fnbe6xeb-1226386763175

I just did something crazy yesterday - I bought tickets for the ladies final so I will fly to Paris (again!) to cheer Sam in person if she makes the final so fingers crossed she will go through tomorrow #no jinx :bounce:

I wonder if other fan bases watch old matches over and over again, :lol:

I've watched the US Open final many times, and I have watched Sam's match against Sharapova at the YEC twice this week, in anticipation of them meeting in the final. I also changed my avatar to Sam's fist pump after she beat Sharapova. I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. I wish I had her match in Rome against Errani on my computer but I don't. I should be watching that one.

Huntress55
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Im watching second set vs Errani in Rome atm haha. For some reason I cant remember if I watched the match at all at the time. Gosh I have an awful memory.

Im really excited (not nervous ;)) about the match tonight. We have family coming over tonight but I told them if they were still here at 10 they wouldnt see me again for the rest of the night :p

Towanda
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Im watching second set vs Errani in Rome atm haha. For some reason I cant remember if I watched the match at all at the time. Gosh I have an awful memory.

Im really excited (not nervous ;)) about the match tonight. We have family coming over tonight but I told them if they were still here at 10 they wouldnt see me again for the rest of the night :p

I'm really excited too, but I think I must be nervous because I feel like I'm gonna throw up. :lol:

I had some jacked up dream last night that my cable went out, and my laptop was stolen so I went to the gym to watch the match on the treadmill and they didn't have that channel.

It is sad that tennis is that important to me that it can raise my blood pressure, make me cry, make me feel like I'm gonna throw up, etc.

I'm probably not going to be able to sleep tonight so I think I might go running really late tonight so that I can hopefully sleep.

annetcl
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:50 PM

I wonder if other fan bases watch old matches over and over again, :lol:

I've watched the US Open final many times, and I have watched Sam's match against Sharapova at the YEC twice this week, in anticipation of them meeting in the final. I also changed my avatar to Sam's fist pump after she beat Sharapova. I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. I wish I had her match in Rome against Errani on my computer but I don't. I should be watching that one.

Haha tell me about it! I spend way too much time watching Sam's old matches! The Rome match (from 2nd set) is available on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBLYuG6zgU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hopefully we have two more classic matches to add to our playlist come Saturday evening ;)

annetcl
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM

It will be lunch time when Sam match starts - I have just paid a one month subscription to the europort player so that I can watch the match live @ the office. Personal hotspot for iPhone rocks. Video streaming is blocked @ the office so I will be connecting via the phone to stream the match. The things we do just to get our Sammy fix!

Towanda
Jun 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Haha tell me about it! I spend way too much time watching Sam's old matches! The Rome match (from 2nd set) is available on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBLYuG6zgU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hopefully we have two more classic matches to add to our playlist come Saturday evening ;)

Awesome! Thanks for that. I will have to watch that match tonight, maybe before I go running, as if I watch it after, I will never get to sleep!

And yes, I hope we have two more classic matches to add to our playlists, but I would be happy with just one, Sammy winning the FO that she so deserves because she is awesome on clay!

It will be lunch time when Sam match starts - I have just paid a one month subscription to the europort player so that I can watch the match live @ the office. Personal hotspot for iPhone rocks. Video streaming is blocked @ the office so I will be connecting via the phone to stream the match. The things we do just to get our Sammy fix!

:lol: I hacked my iPhone so that I could use it as a hotspot so I could watch tennis matches on my laptop. I wish I could get Eurosport. They seriously need to make an app that works in the U.S. Tennis coverage here sucks.

bertisonline
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Awesome! Thanks for that. I will have to watch that match tonight, maybe before I go running, as if I watch it after, I will never get to sleep!

And yes, I hope we have two more classic matches to add to our playlists, but I would be happy with just one, Sammy winning the FO that she so deserves because she is awesome on clay!

:lol: I hacked my iPhone so that I could use it as a hotspot so I could watch tennis matches on my laptop. I wish I could get Eurosport. They seriously need to make an app that works in the U.S. Tennis coverage here sucks.

Which operator do you subscribe to for iPhone? I'm in Europe with an operator called "Free", and there is an option called "Personal Hotspot" from Apple you can activate which turns the iPhone as a wireless 3G modem legally, meaning without hacking the iPhone. I used this option previously with "Orange", but with this operator you have to pay 7E per month for the "Personal Hotspot" to be activated, with "Free", using the "Personal Hotspot" option is Free. :lol:
B.

SilverPersian
Jun 7th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hmm...the weather forecast I'm looking at says it's going to be raining most of the day in Paris. Sam and Sara are meant to come on at 2pm, at which time it looks like there will be solid rain. So we mightn't get to see any tennis today :sad:

Sianta
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Hmm...the weather forecast I'm looking at says it's going to be raining most of the day in Paris. Sam and Sara are meant to come on at 2pm, at which time it looks like there will be solid rain. So we mightn't get to see any tennis today :sad:

Bugger. Could be a long night for those of us in this part of the world.

SilverPersian
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Bugger. Could be a long night for those of us in this part of the world.

Yeah. I wish there was some kind of text messaging service that could wake us up in the middle of the night when play started :lol:

Still, I'll hope for the best.

GeeTee
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Hopes for tonight:
Stosur d Errani 61 63
Sharapova v Kvitova 67 76 99 play suspended

Hopes for tomorrow:
Sharapova d Kvitova 67 76 5755

Hopes for final:
Stosur d Sharapova 60 60

:)

The Kaz
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Is Sam going to be televised on Australian free-to-air tv tonight? :awww: I can stream but my internet is not brilliant :(

Or do we have to wait until (if) she reached the final? :)

SilverPersian
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Doesn't look like it's on - at least according to the TV guide. They showed her semifinal with JJ in 2010...

If your internet's not great, maybe think about trying to track down a 24 hour internet cafe

stromatolite
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:45 AM

That's a relief:lol:

Towanda
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Which operator do you subscribe to for iPhone? I'm in Europe with an operator called "Free", and there is an option called "Personal Hotspot" from Apple you can activate which turns the iPhone as a wireless 3G modem legally, meaning without hacking the iPhone. I used this option previously with "Orange", but with this operator you have to pay 7E per month for the "Personal Hotspot" to be activated, with "Free", using the "Personal Hotspot" option is Free. :lol:
B.

We only have AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint that work with the iPhone here, and they all have it locked so that you can't use it as a hotspot without paying for it. I'm with AT&T and it's either $35US or $50US a month to use it as a hotspot. Verizon and Sprint are about the same. I am not going to pay that much to use it as a hotspot,especially since I don't do it all that often, so I just jailbroke it. Android phones here have many more options for hotspots, and I think most services allow them to be used as hotspots for no additional cost, but I don't really like the android operating system all that much. It's okay, but I prefer my iPhone, and given that it was pretty easy to jailbreak I chose that over switching to android.

stromatolite
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:53 AM

Huntress and Territory are the ones you really need to look to to calm you down, they've had faith in Sam pretty much all the way through, whereas I've been a nervous wreck most of the time:lol:

Nice article, even if MacNamara is maybe just a little biased.;) But actually I think he could be right, Sam could certainly reach #1 for a while, and she'll contend at RG and USO for at least the next few years I'd say, so 4-5 slams is not impossible by any means. Hopefully come Saturday she'll already have her second one. Great that you'll be there to cheer her on!

Towanda
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Doesn't look like it's on - at least according to the TV guide. They showed her semifinal with JJ in 2010...

If your internet's not great, maybe think about trying to track down a 24 hour internet cafe

That would absolutely suck if you guys don't get it on tv. Even here in the US with our really shitty tennis coverage we get it. Of course when they scheduled it they probably assumed that Serena would be playing.

dok-stos
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Go Sammy :cheer:
Not much else I can say hahaha
Excited/nervous lol!!!

SilverPersian
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
That would absolutely suck if you guys don't get it on tv. Even here in the US with our really shitty tennis coverage we get it. Of course when they scheduled it they probably assumed that Serena would be playing.

It will be available on cable TV, just not on free to air for poverty stricken students such as myself :sobbing:

Towanda
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:08 AM
It will be available on cable TV, just not on free to air for poverty stricken students such as myself :sobbing:

Do you have sports bars there? Of course here, I'd be laughed out of the place if I went to a sports bar and asked them to put on a tennis match, but isn't tennis kind of popular in Australia?

Towanda
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Oh my god, this idiot blogger on yahoo, Chris Chase, wrote an article about Cibulkova saying that Sammy plays like a man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/dominika-cibulkova-sam-stosur-she-played-man-210643207.html

In it he writes, "If you're cute and feminine, like Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and Ana Ivanovic..." Is this like some fucking alternate reality where Sam is masculine and Serena is cute and feminine? I am baffled as to how people think Sam has masculine features. She has muscles, but her features are very feminine. She naturally has a very slim build, and her face has very delicate features.

SilverPersian
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Do you have sports bars there? Of course here, I'd be laughed out of the place if I went to a sports bar and asked them to put on a tennis match, but isn't tennis kind of popular in Australia?

There's a TAB near me that I could try if I were desperate. But I'd rather use the cushy internet connection that my lovely parents are paying for :lol:

Oh my god, this idiot blogger on yahoo, Chris Chase, wrote an article about Cibulkova saying that Sammy plays like a man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/dominika-cibulkova-sam-stosur-she-played-man-210643207.html

In it he writes, "If you're cute and feminine, like Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams and Ana Ivanovic..." Is this like some fucking alternate reality where Sam is masculine and Serena is cute and feminine? I am baffled as to how people think Sam has masculine features. She has muscles, but her features are very feminine. She naturally has a very slim build, and her face has very delicate features.

Yeah, I think pound for pound Serena's got to be more muscular than Sam - especially in the leg department. For some reason people tend to conflate "muscularity" with "the size of someone's biceps", which is one of the few areas where Sammy probably does beat Serena.

Sam's face is much more attractive than most of the pinups on the WTA, and I don't think anyone could call her masculine on the basis of her personality. She certainly doesn't go around threatening to shove tennis balls down people's throats for doing their jobs...

GeeTee
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Is Sam going to be televised on Australian free-to-air tv tonight?
How dare you? Just think of those people in Australia who depend on Channel 9's three different channels of back-to-back home-shopping shows in the early morning... :help:

stromatolite
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:53 AM

:lol:

Yeah I saw that blog yesterday. Fortunately the guy copped a LOT of flack from the people commenting on the blog. All this shit about Sam being masculine baffles me frankly. Somebody posted something yesterday to the effect that a lot of people feel kind of threatened by seeing such obvious muscles on a woman, and try deal with that by casting her as a "manly" woman, which quite clearly she is not in any way. Pretty plausible I think. A lot of latent (and sometimes not so latent) homophobia in the mix as well I think.

Territory
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Huntress and Territory are the ones you really need to look to to calm you down, they've had faith in Sam pretty much all the way through, whereas I've been a nervous wreck most of the time:lol:

Aww shucks :cool:

Truth be told, I am more nervous about tonight that I was about Cibulkova's match. Errani's been pretty hot all year and especially in this tournament. I think it's Sam's most dangerous match yet.

That being said, she's still the clear favourite. Which is enough to make me that little bit more nervous! :lol:

I suppose though - how could you *not* be nervous about when you're one win away from a grand slam final. Tres exciting!!

Go Sam!! :cheer:

stromatolite
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
^Yeah, the only way not to be nervous about this is not to care, and that’s certainly not the case for any of us. I agree with you that Sara is dangerous, but in a weird way that makes me calmer, because I know Sam will be prepared for a really tough match. She already said she learned her lesson from playing Fran 2 years ago, and even though she and Sara they play a little differently I think the basic lesson is the same: if you let them dictate terms you can be in trouble, so Sam has to be aggressive. She should be fine.

claypova
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM

it really sucks that theey're not showing it :(
though, if Sam were to make a final, they will probably broadcast it then :lol: