PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Huntress55
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
^Actually I think she just forgot to shake Arantxa's hand at first. I could be wrong, but I didn't have the feeling she felt any animosity towards her. I think she was just upset in general and wanted to get off the court asap.

Maybe.

To me it looked like she wasnt going to at first then thought she better of it and turned around to shake her hand. It was weird either way.

stromatolite
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:10 PM
I only watched the last few games. Was there any bad feeling between them during the match?

sunsets21
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:32 PM
^Actually I think she just forgot to shake Arantxa's hand at first. I could be wrong, but I didn't have the feeling she felt any animosity towards her. I think she was just upset in general and wanted to get off the court asap.

Maybe.

To me it looked like she wasnt going to at first then thought she better of it and turned around to shake her hand. It was weird either way.

I do hope that she honestly did forget, although it is quite bizarre that you'd forget to shake hands after a match because it is something you do after every match. Yes, she was upset but it's still a bit bizarre. What was the deal with the ankle then? The commentators were a bit annoying by implying that she was just doing it to waste time until the match gets called off but you can't really deny that possibility.

I only watched the last few games. Was there any bad feeling between them during the match?

It was...interesting to say the least. I only started watching from the end of the 1st set but there were a couple of times where it looked like there was bad feelings. I remember a couple of times Julia looked extremely unimpressed and said something to herself when Rus asked the umpire to check a mark. Likewise, Rus looked fairly unimpressed a couple of times as well, especially when she saw the trainer. They did look like they were trying to glare each other into submission as well.

Then again, Julia always looks intense so it could just be them being really into the match and not actually being annoyed at each other :shrug:.

bertisonline
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:46 PM
Intoxicating Thought: She's never lost a GS R4 or QF singles on clay! :)

Very toxic but also: true! I love it :bounce:
B.

GeeTee
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM
I do hope that she honestly did forget, although it is quite bizarre that you'd forget to shake hands after a match because it is something you do after every match.
Perhaps she couldn't actually see her :tape:

Towanda
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
Someone posted this comment about Sam in GM that I thought you might appreciate:

Yeah, I saw that and I loved it. It seemed weird though, that that thread was bumped right after I wrote that Sam is looking really good lately, as that thread was months old. But hey, it's always nice to hear that other people find her attractive.

You'll appreciate this, SilverPersian, given that you and I both want to have shoulders and arms like Sam's. I was on vacation for a week, so I didn't get to play tennis or work out. The first thing I did this morning when I got back was go play tennis. After that I decided to work out at the gym at the tennis club. I was working on the assisted pull-up and dip machine, and looked into the mirror next to it and noticed that my upper arms and shoulders are looking pretty good. After I finished, I went over to a mirror to see how they looked up close. Some guy immediately said, "nice Stosuring, keep it up, you're looking good!" I love that these guys know who Sam is enough to create the term "Stosuring."

sunsets21
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
Perhaps she couldn't actually see her :tape:

Maybe :lol:

Ah well. Julia is still awesome anyway. Anyone who's friends with Sam has to be :angel:

Towanda
Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
If Sam does get to play it'll be like 3am in the morning for me. And Id hate to wake up or actually stay up for her to not even play. Its possible if matches on SL or Court 1 get done first she could be moved. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

All of her matches so far have been at 4 am for me. I assumed this one would be early as well, so I flew back from vacation on a red-eye really early this morning so that I could get to bed really early tonight and make it up for her 4 am match, lol. Ah well, I guess I can sleep late.

It's too bad that there isn't any kind of wake-up-call service that will call people when a match is starting. At least with the early matches, you know the approximate time they are going to start, so you can plan accordingly. With the late matches, there is a window of a few hours in which they can start.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I do hope that she honestly did forget, although it is quite bizarre that you'd forget to shake hands after a match because it is something you do after every match. Yes, she was upset but it's still a bit bizarre. What was the deal with the ankle then? The commentators were a bit annoying by implying that she was just doing it to waste time until the match gets called off but you can't really deny that possibility.

It was...interesting to say the least. I only started watching from the end of the 1st set but there were a couple of times where it looked like there was bad feelings. I remember a couple of times Julia looked extremely unimpressed and said something to herself when Rus asked the umpire to check a mark. Likewise, Rus looked fairly unimpressed a couple of times as well, especially when she saw the trainer. They did look like they were trying to glare each other into submission as well.

Then again, Julia always looks intense so it could just be them being really into the match and not actually being annoyed at each other :shrug:.

That's true. All in all it was probably not Julia's finest moment, but not as big a deal as a lot of people are making of it. I don't believe I've never seen a results thread turn so ugly so quickly, withing a few minutes there were about 10 pages of posts condemning her for crimes you would swear were comparable to the holocaust. The irony is priceless: the same people accusing her of a lack of sportsmanship are happy to hurl the most unfair and unwarranted imaginable insults at her.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I saw that and I loved it. It seemed weird though, that that thread was bumped right after I wrote that Sam is looking really good lately, as that thread was months old. But hey, it's always nice to hear that other people find her attractive.

You'll appreciate this, SilverPersian, given that you and I both want to have shoulders and arms like Sam's. I was on vacation for a week, so I didn't get to play tennis or work out. The first thing I did this morning when I got back was go play tennis. After that I decided to work out at the gym at the tennis club. I was working on the assisted pull-up and dip machine, and looked into the mirror next to it and noticed that my upper arms and shoulders are looking pretty good. After I finished, I went over to a mirror to see how they looked up close. Some guy immediately said, "nice Stosuring, keep it up, you're looking good!" I love that these guys know who Sam is enough to create the term "Stosuring."

:lol: Love it!

But I'm doubly jealous: in my circle of friends any reference I make at all to tennis, let alone specifically to Sam, is met with a blank stare. And even in the unlikely event I did run into someone who knew who Sam was, there is no way in the world that that person would compare my physique favorably with Sam's.:help:

Keep up the Stosuring!:yeah:

Towanda
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:08 AM
That's true. All in all it was probably not Julia's finest moment, but not as big a deal as a lot of people are making of it. I don't believe I've never seen a results thread turn so ugly so quickly, withing a few minutes there were about 10 pages of posts condemning her for crimes you would swear were comparable to the holocaust. The irony is priceless: the same people accusing her of a lack of sportsmanship are happy to hurl the most unfair and unwarranted imaginable insults at her.

And when you look at the video, it doesn't look like it was that big a deal. It looked to me like she just spaced out, as once she came back to the net to shake hands, she was smiling. It's too bad that GMers never let actual evidence get in the way of a good drama.

Towanda
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:24 AM
:lol: Love it!

But I'm doubly jealous: in my circle of friends any reference I make at all to tennis, let alone specifically to Sam, is met with a blank stare. And even in the unlikely event I did run into someone who knew who Sam was, there is no way in the world that that person would compare my physique favorably with Sam's.:help:

Keep up the Stosuring!:yeah:

Well, this was at the tennis club, and these people live and breath tennis. Among my main circle of friends, very few know who anyone is other than Venus, Serena, and Sharapova. I have a good friend in Sydney, and he obviously knows who Stosur is, but he rarely watches tennis. The only time my American friends acknowledge tennis is when they say things like, "I saw that Serena had another fit," or "I saw that Serena got beat by some chick that no one ever heard of before" (that has been said in reference to both Sam and Razzano), or, "I just saw a new commercial with that Sharapova chick and a talking dog." Those are not quite the tennis conversations I am generally looking for, especially when they reference Sam as some chick that no one has ever heard of before. I am not surprised though, as Americans are ignorant and would rather watch some dumb-ass reality show or some dumb-ass singing-for-humiliation show.

I am really glad for my tennis club friends, and I think I may have to keep working out there as I generally work out at a different gym. Being compared to Sam in any way (although my biceps are nowhere near Sammy levels) may be all the motivation I need to keep working out there.

HawkAussie
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
Come on Stosur another QF is coming.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Well, this was at the tennis club, and these people live and breath tennis. Among my main circle of friends, very few know who anyone is other than Venus, Serena, and Sharapova. I have a good friend in Sydney, and he obviously knows who Stosur is, but he rarely watches tennis. The only time my American friends acknowledge tennis is when they say things like, "I saw that Serena had another fit," or "I saw that Serena got beat by some chick that no one ever heard of before" (that has been said in reference to both Sam and Razzano), or, "I just saw a new commercial with that Sharapova chick and a talking dog." Those are not quite the tennis conversations I am generally looking for, especially when they reference Sam as some chick that no one has ever heard of before. I am not surprised though, as Americans are ignorant and would rather watch some dumb-ass reality show or some dumb-ass singing-for-humiliation show.

I am really glad for my tennis club friends, and I think I may have to keep working out there as I generally work out at a different gym. Being compared to Sam in any way (although my biceps are nowhere near Sammy levels) may be all the motivation I need to keep working out there.

With a couple of exceptions, even most people at my tennis club are not that interested in talking tennis, and the few that do pretty much put Sam in the "some chick I never heard of before" category (okay that's a slight exaggeration, they have heard of her, but have little or no interest in her as a player). I'd go crazy if I didn't have this forum as a release for all my pent-up thoughts and feelings:lol:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM
With a couple of exceptions, even most people at my tennis club are not that interested in talking tennis, and the few that do pretty much put Sam in the "some chick I never heard of before" category (okay that's a slight exaggeration, they have heard of her, but have little or no interest in her as a player). I'd go crazy if I didn't have this forum as a release for all my pent-up thoughts and feelings:lol:

Ditto. My best friend is the only one who knows anything about tennis but thats only because I shove it down her throat :lol: She knows who Stosur and Sharapova are. Williams sisters too because her brother liked tennis when he was younger. She knows Novak and Rafa because I made her watch the AO final. I tried to make her watch the womens but she gave up because it was too noisy although she thought Masha was pretty. She's the only one I can really get to listen to me about tennis or watch it, particularly when the 'hot guys' are playing :lol: But I suspect she really isnt playing that much attention. My mum likes tennis but she wont discuss it outside of when the slams are on.

I would go totally insane if I couldnt discuss tennis somewhere or see what other people had to say or follow results closely.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:38 AM

Wow - what a compliment :yeah::lol:

It's funny because my Dad uses "Stosur" as a verb as well, although in a different way. He watches tennis once a year during the Australian Open, so he only sees Sammy play when she's in "Down Under" mode. He subsequently thinks of her as a talented choker - someone who should win a lot of matches but always manages to somehow organise herself to lose them. As a result of this, whenever me and him are playing tennis, and I have an absolute sitter but fluff it up, he says "you really Stosured it that time". To which I give him a disgruntled glare :(

The weather forecast says drizzle all day today in Paris. So I think there's a good chance Sam won't get on at all.

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM

It's somewhat amusing to read the results thread. I'm glad to see that her "fans" are willing to stick with her through thick and thin :rolleyes:

Well hey, look at you :yeah: ;). I agree with everyone else - it's awesome that the people in your gym know who Sam is and actually complimented you using her. I just get various odd comments and questions about my sexuality (:lol:).

My group of friends only know Sam as "that tennis girl you like" and the friends that do watch tennis tend to like Masha and Serena, and therefore do not care for Sam at all. My dad is an avid tennis fan but because he's my dad, he makes sure to support every single player playing against Sam :lol:

Ditto. My best friend is the only one who knows anything about tennis but thats only because I shove it down her throat :lol: She knows who Stosur and Sharapova are. Williams sisters too because her brother liked tennis when he was younger. She knows Novak and Rafa because I made her watch the AO final. I tried to make her watch the womens but she gave up because it was too noisy although she thought Masha was pretty. She's the only one I can really get to listen to me about tennis or watch it, particularly when the 'hot guys' are playing :lol: But I suspect she really isnt playing that much attention. My mum likes tennis but she wont discuss it outside of when the slams are on.

I would go totally insane if I couldnt discuss tennis somewhere or see what other people had to say or follow results closely.

Oh, good plan! Maybe I should just lock my friends in a room and force them to watch non-stop tennis.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:32 AM
Oh, good plan! Maybe I should just lock my friends in a room and force them to watch non-stop tennis.

:lol: Im probably dating myself a little too obviously here, but the famous Ludovico scene in A Clockwork Orange springs to mind. Actually Id like to do something like that with some of the more rabid Serena fans: strap them in a chair, prop their eyelids open, and force them to watch footage of the USO11 final over and over again.:devil:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
:lol: Im probably dating myself a little too obviously here, but the famous Ludovico scene in A Clockwork Orange springs to mind. Actually Id like to do something like that with some of the more rabid Serena fans: strap them in a chair, prop their eyelids open, and force them to watch footage of the USO11 final over and over again.:devil:

That could be fun:lol:

Some Serena fans need to be brainwashed... or perhaps their problem is that they already have been?

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:47 AM
Oh I don't really care about brainwashing them, I just want to do it because it'd be fun :lol:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Oh I don't really care about brainwashing them, I just want to do it because it'd be fun :lol:

Fair enough :lol:

I bet Sam doesnt even get on the court tonight :sad:

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:44 AM

Oh. I didn't even think of that! :lol:

That could be fun:lol:

Some Serena fans need to be brainwashed... or perhaps their problem is that they already have been?

I'm hoping this conversation will never see the light of day...anymore than it already is, anyway :lol:. So not only is Sam more badass than we originally thought she was (that picture of Sam shaking hands with Falconi), apparently her fans are more sneaky than people have thought :devil:

On another note, Sara :eek:. Sveta isn't playing her best but Errani is playing quite impressively!

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Sveta :rolleyes: I mean I didnt expect her to come out like did against Aga but I didnt expect her to lose the first set 6-0 :eek:

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
I know. Ah Sveta, amazing but inconsistent.

Complete meltdown :sobbing:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Normally Sveta starts well and then gets tight towards the end. She's just reversed the process today, and will end up winning in three :cheer:

(...please let it be so :sobbing:)

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
People underestimate Sara. These conditions are ideal for her, and she knows how to exploit them perfectly. She didn't win all those clay titles by sucking on the surface. She made Sam work really hard for her win in Rome in very similar conditions. Unfortunately for Sveta but fortunately for Sam, Sam handled the pressure Sara applied a lot better than Sveta has so far.

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
She's on the scoreboard! Yay! :cheer:

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM

(Re)Education of the masses is a public issue: the USO11 video final is the knowledge to be taught, both emotionally and intellectually. :lol:
B.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Sveta's out :sad:

Here's hoping Domi can go in for the kill against Vika.

AaronT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well, I'm sorry to any of Sveta fans here and I'm glad that she is eliminated. I think she is dangerous in slam, especially on clay and would be a threat to Sam chance to reach the final if they play in the semis. But Sam has to win her match against Sloane first, do you guys think she can causes any troubles to Sam? these kind of match always make me nervous as Sam never plays her before.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Well, I'm sorry to any of Sveta fans here and I'm glad that she is eliminated. I think she is dangerous in slam, especially on clay and would be a threat to Sam chance to reach the final if they play in the semis. But Sam has to win her match against Sloane first, do you guys think she can causes any troubles to Sam? these kind of match always make me nervous as Sam never plays her before.

Sam *should* handle Sloane without too muc trouble, but she can surely play a bit, so it's unwise to count any chickens just yet.

Agree with you about Sveta. I love her and want to see her do well, but I actually saw her as a potentially bigger obstacle to Sam reaching the final than Vika is. That said, I've totally chickened out on my earlier claim that I want to see Sam play Vika. I want Vika to lose today, please, please, please? :help:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
Domi a break up in the first :D:cheer::banana:

I'm pretty sure it's all going to go pear shaped for her soon, but a boy can dream, right?

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
SilverPersian, wasn't it your job to make sure Vika loses? :angel:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Domi is looking good atm though. So much so that my worries about Vika are shifting to worries about Domi:lol:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
SilverPersian, wasn't it your job to make sure Vika loses? :angel:

I think my results speak for themselves :)

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Domi takes the first set! So far she looks a far better player than Vika, and she really looks like she believes she can win. But like you said SilverPersian, things have a horrible tendency to go pear-shaped when people are playing Vika:lol:

If you pull off your assignment with Vika, we might have to give you a heavier workload :lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Meanwhile Seppi's taken the first set against Djoko. That was supposed to be the quick match :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Argh. Domi had a break in the second but lost it. She's still 4-3 up.

Keep your chin up and fight hard Domi :hug:

Seppi's about to serve for the second set :eek:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Here comes Vika... :(

Its happening all over again, argh.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
looks like the wheels might be finally coming off for Domi, just when she had Vika on the ropes :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
5-4

Come on Domi breakbreakbreakbreakbreak

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:39 PM
Massive hold for Domi there!

AaronT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Don't tell me this is one of those Miami matches :(

SilverPersian
Domi's brain appears to have left the building :sad:

AaronT
Please win this Domi

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
The way she's cheering Vika's UEs makes me think she's not confident she can win this.

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Domi :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Nononononoo...

AaronT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I guess those matches in Miami are still in her head :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Breaker.

Pretty sure Vika's going to keep her pokerface going better than Domi and take this :(

stromatolite
Domi breaks back! Tiebreak, come on Domi!

AaronT
Yess

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
None of the matches seem straightforward today :sobbing:

Huntress55
Yeah TB is a huge pressure situation which doesnt favour Domi :p

Just have to hope Vika does make a few UEs.

sunsets21
What a miss from Vika :eek:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM
Domi 4-2 at the change of ends

Please for the love of god do it :hysteric:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
6-3 omgomgomg

AaronT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
wooohoo!

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Yeeessssss!!!!!!!!

SilverPersian
:D:D:D:D::D:D:D

FFUKKKCCCC YYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSss

AaronT
OMG I love you Domi Cibulkova!!!!!!

sunsets21
Domi it is then.

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM

Well cursed ;).

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
But do you guys realize what this means? Sam has yet to play her 4th round match and she's already the huge favorite to reach the finl from her half. I'm scared:eek:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Domi :hearts:

Honestly whatever happens with Sam now I just still love that Vika is out (sorry to those who like her:hug:).

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
But do you guys realize what this means? Sam has yet to play her 4th round match and she's already the huge favorite to reach the finl from her half. I'm scared:eek:

Way scary.

As usual, one match at a time though ;) :p. First of all, Sloane. The way the Djokovic match is going, we really may not see Sam play today :(.

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Wooohooo Vika's out:bounce:
Now Sammy please don't fuck this up

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, Seppi won the second! Huh, didn't see this coming.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM

Yeah this is true.

This outcome doesn't mean squat if Sammy has an average day and loses to Sloane. Errani or Kerber would both be tough SF assignments. I'm not too worried about Domi due to her height and the nerves she showed today, but the final is still a very long, long, long way away.

But Sloane first. Hopefully Sammy hasn't been watching this and will keep her head screwed firmly on (unlike me who is dying with excitement and terror).

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
Way scary.

As usual, one match at a time though ;) :p. First of all, Sloane. The way the Djokovic match is going, we really may not see Sam play today :(.

Depends if Nole fights back. Hard to imagine he wont but who knows.

Gosh this really opens things up for Sam but one match at a time.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Way scary.

Hopefully Nole has woken up now and will take the next 2 sets 6-1 6-0. But even then the clock is ticking. I am abolutely convinced Wawrinka and Tsonga won't be off court in less than 4 hours, in which case there'd be virtually no chance of Sam playing on Chatrier today. With any luck they'll shift the match to court 1, where the 3rd of 4 doubles matches is just about finished.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah this is true.

This outcome doesn't mean squat if Sammy has an average day and loses to Sloane. Errani or Kerber would both be tough SF assignments. I'm not too worried about Domi due to her height and the nerves she showed today, but the final is still a very long, long, long way away.

But Sloane first. Hopefully Sammy hasn't been watching this and will keep her head screwed firmly on (unlike me who is dying with excitement and terror).

Even if she is favorite all the matches are losable for sure.

She's never played Sloane, which is not something she generally likes, but from things posted by her fans on GM she really doesn't seem to have the kind of game that could troube Sam unless Sam allows it to if you know what I mean.

I thought Domi played a great match today, but Vika's game suits her I think, and as you said her height (or lack thereof) plays right into Sam's hands, so Sam would have to be favorite there as well.

Sara is dangerous on clay, as we saw today, but she threw her whole bag of tricks at Sam in Rome and Sam kept her cool and won. Angie is always tough, but I also don't think she has any real big weapons other than good defense and a strong will, so there as well it's Sam's match to lose I'd say.

But all it would take would be for Sam to go off the boil for one day, or for yet another opponent to play the best match of their lives against her, and the dream will be all over. Sickening thought:unsure:

Chim
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Just happy to see Azarenka and Kuznetsova are both out.:bounce:

It was an amazing win for Cibulkova. Really happy for her.:hearts:

Go Sammy go!!!

AaronT
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Well, Pennetta , Kuzzy, and Azarenka all eliminated :) Now Kvitova and Sharapova turn. Hope Sam not put too much pressures on herself as she the fav to reach the final.

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM

This is a major news. The road is wide open for Sam now: it's up to her to finish the job. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Note: I saw some Vika's practice last week and felt that the Pac-Man episode was a little bit too relaxed to be efficient, but I did not know to what extend. :lol:
B.

nphtHwCtibw

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
I just realized Nole lost the 2nd set as well. In all the excitement of Domi's win I glanced at the live scores and saw a 7 and a 6 and thought it was in Nole's favour. He and Seppi have been exchanging breaks in the 3rd, so who knows what might happen there?

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
nphtHwCtibw

Another great video Bertrand. I wish I could be there so much!

Although next time you should focus your camera on that glorious French goddess some more :hearts:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
Even if she is favorite all the matches are losable for sure...

But all it would take would be for Sam to go off the boil for one day, or for yet another opponent to play the best match of their lives against her, and the dream will be all over. Sickening thought:unsure:

This captures the situation in a nutshell I think. Sam would be the clear favourite for all of her remaining matches up to the final. But the sum chance of her losing just one of those matches remains pretty large.

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah this actually makes me more nervous for her match now.

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
I have a really strong feeling they will move Stosur v Stephens to Court 1. These two Men's matches are not going to finish in time for another match to be played after.

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
I think that'd be okay. Sam knows court 1 pretty well now.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 02:46 PM
Even Roger seems to be struggling against Goffin (who???) atm, so it's clearly not a good day for favorites. Hang tough Sammy!

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Now Roger loses the first set against a LL. with all the big names struggling with the conditions today, it is making me very nervous :eek:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Kerber was the favourite and she won her match. :)

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Kerber was the favourite and she won her match. :)

Ok that makes me feel a little better.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
3rd seeds Llodra and Zimonjic have just wrapped up the first set, so assuming no hiccups Sam could be on court before too long, assuming the organizers have the sense to shift the match to court 1. There's no way there's going to be time to play the match on Chatrier or Lenglen, so hopefully common sense will prevail.

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
You would hope so but then again we've had some late matches. But since there is another mens match to be played yet you'd think they would move it.

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
I think that'd be okay. Sam knows court 1 pretty well now.

Court 1 is Sam's own personal Grandstand at Roland Garros. B. :devil:

Mojobackhand
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM

I just came back and checked the score.... :eek:
Wow, now I'm thinking: is it good or bad? Damn. She better not think ahead too much.

Because on the one hand: She's Sam. So she could f**k this up right here against Sloane today, losing her head.
On the other hand: She looked so freaking calm in her match against Nadia, even when she faced BPs etc. I think she is way better prepared for the situation of being the favorite now than we might think.

But, yeah. Bit scary.
And if Domi can beat Vika, you better not underestimate her.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
In the most optimistic scenario Wawrinka and Tsonga won't get on court until well after 5.30 Paris time, and so are very unlikely to finish before 8pm. They can't expect Sam and Sloane to go on that late, especially when there's another court available.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
I just came back and checked the score.... :eek:
Wow, now I'm thinking: is it good or bad? Damn. She better not think ahead too much.

Because on the one hand: She's Sam. So she could f**k this up right here against Sloane today, losing her head.
On the other hand: She looked so freaking calm in her match against Nadia, even when she faced BPs etc. I think she is way better prepared for the situation of being the favorite now than we might think.

But, yeah. Bit scary.
And if Domi can beat Vika, you better not underestimate her.

Yeah, since moving onto clay, Sam has been pretty serene mentally, the only real fuck-up being her match against Venus in Rome. I think she'll be fine in this match, but will be glad when (if?) she's got it in the bag. Her opponents after that are more experienced, so could test her more I think.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Crap, the doubles match on 1 has just gone to a 3rd set. :(

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Even so Sam would still get on court 1 quicker than she would PC.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah, it's just one set, so they should get on by 6.30 or so no problems. That should give them plenty of time to finish, weather permitting.

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Sigh. I wish they would at least make a decision on whether the match will be moved. Nearing 1:30am in Sydney....

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Roger and Nole seem to have both regained control, so maybe it's not going to be such a bad day for the favorites after all. And the sun is out! :)

Indytennis
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Just heard they announced the match is moving to Court 1

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thank goodness :)

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Yay! And that match is potentially one game away from finishing

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Woohoo! Dubs match is nearly finished, so won't be long now!

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Just heard they announced the match is moving to Court 1

Thank you! :worship:

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
I love how on Australian coverage they have not made one mention of the match

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
It's Sam time!

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Yeah Im hoping they switch to her match but since the move is late notice they might not.

Doubles done!

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:02 PM
The doubles match has finished :)

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Doubles over. Not long now :bounce:

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah Im hoping they switch to her match but since the move is late notice they might not.

Doubles done!

I am waiting to see if they are going to viewers choice like the last Stosur match

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
The weather is looking pretty nice now. Sun's out and from the look of the flags the wind has died down a bit, so good conditions for Sam I'd say:)

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Still no announcement on Fox Sports. Do we know when she will go on?

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
On that stream you can watch Court 1 right now : 15 people, and one bird…
B.

http://www.lshunter.tv/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=97802&tv_id=382&tid=29263&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=327

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
I suspect that Sam has negotiated a time to go on when they told her about the switch. She did that once before (can't remember which tourney). I reckon probably either 6.30 or 6.45.

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM
Probably. There's absolutely no movement on the court at all. I don't blame her :shrug:

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
^Smart from Sam.

It would have been smart for the tour organisers to have made this info known.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Can't imagine she'll want to wait too long. The conditions are great now, never know what they'll be like in an hour or so.

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:32 PM
Weird. The commentator for Del Potro and Berdych match just said that Sam's match is after Tsonga's match. I hope he's just mistaken :scared:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Probably just doesnt know of the change... hopefully thats the case.

Although some people on twitter say its still on after Tsonga match!

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:36 PM
I suspect that Sam has negotiated a time to go on when they told her about the switch. She did that once before (can't remember which tourney). I reckon probably either 6.30 or 6.45.

Are you refering to the "explanation" between Sam and the officials just before the Kerber match (USO11)? :fiery:
B.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
That would be crazy. With the the possibility of rain the next few days the last thing the organizers need is a backlog of matches to get through.

Indytennis
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Weird. The commentator for Del Potro and Berdych match just said that Sam's match is after Tsonga's match. I hope he's just mistaken :scared:

Or maybe the American commentator was mistaken, but John McEnroe just said they are still awaiting Stosur/Stephens to take to the court shortly so hopefully he still means Court 1

stromatolite
Are you refering to the "explanation" between Sam and the officials just before the Kerber match (USO11)? :fiery:
B.

That might have been it, but I had the feeling there was a more recent instance as well where something like this happened.

Huntress55
This is so stupid. Court 1 is ready to use!

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
This is getting very annoying!

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:42 PM
Kaamaaaaannn I want at least a few hours of sleep!

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
At this rate I will be lucky to get 2-3 hrs sleep.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
That might have been it, but I had the feeling there was a more recent instance as well where something like this happened.

I think you mean the day where Sam had two matches at Charleston. The match between her two scheduled matches involved an injured player pulling out early, but Sammy made sure the organisers gave her enough time to recover.

COME OOONNNNN LEEETT TTHHHHEEMMM PPLLLLAAAYYYYYYYY

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
Some people just came and sat down just in front of the camera, they look like they're getting ready to watch a match. Still, the stadium is almost empty.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think you mean the day where Sam had two matches at Charleston. The match between her two scheduled matches involved an injured player pulling out early, but Sammy made sure the organisers gave her enough time to recover.

COME OOONNNNN LEEETT TTHHHHEEMMM PPLLLLAAAYYYYYYYY

Charleston, of course, that ws it. I remember was really proud of Sam for being so assertive :lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
There are definitely people coming in to sit down now. Not many yet, but surely an indication that something will happen before long.

Indytennis
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
Just flashed on the live thread- upcoming match Stosur vs Stephens

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yay. Thank goodness because Im slowly fading.

Ivi_3
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
There's no link on LSHunter to the court 1 :(

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Just flashed on the live thread- upcoming match Stosur vs Stephens

Thanks! Still no time though. I guess it will be 7pm now.

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
RG twitter has officially announced move of match to court 1. Now hoping we get telecast in Oz

bertisonline
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm going there, I'm 20 minutes away. They might open the doors for the small courts… With some luck there will be one additional supporter…
B.

aussie_fan
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
What is everyone talking about? It's only 3am here, plenty of time to sleep still...(may or may not be adjusted to Paris time because of being off work:lol:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'm going there, I'm 20 minutes away. They might open the doors for the small courts With some luck there will be one additional supporter
B.

Great! Remember that you're there for all of us.:)

Scream your lungs out Bertrand!:cheer:

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Great! Remember that you're there for all of us.:)

Scream your lungs out Bertrand!:cheer:

No pressure, B ;)

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
As John Wayne would say: Hurry up, we're burnin' daylight!

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
It says "not before 7pm" on RG website. Should be any minute now

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
They've finally gotten around to posting the change on the tournament website: "Not before 7 pm". Thanks guys!:rolleyes:

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah its kind of already past 7 :p

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
:lol::sobbing:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah its kind of already past 7 :p

Yeah, they like to cover themselves like that;)

Ivi_3
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
I have found a link :)

sunsets21
YESSSSSSS! FINALLY! :woohoo:

Huntress55
Yay players on the court!

Indytennis
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Finally! Stosur & Stephens taking the court now...Go Stosur!!!

stromatolite
Woohoo, Sam's on court :hearts:

sunsets21
Oh, the wait, the suspense...

:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Hopefully Sam's been on her bike all day and doesn't realize Vika's already out :lol:

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
She won the toss again. How does Sam do it?

^ Shhhh, don't tell her :tape:

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
I wish Sloane was playing someone else other than Sam. Saw her interview after R3, she seems really nice. I'd be happy to cheer for her against almost anybody else.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Hmm, some wobbly volleys there during the warm-up. Hope she gets those out of her system quickly.

jensou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Where is everyone watching the match? Tennis Channel is lame and has stopped streaming for some frustratingly stupid reason.

jensou
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Oh, found one!

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Where is everyone watching the match? Tennis Channel is lame and has stopped streaming for some frustratingly stupid reason.

http://www.lshunter.tv/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&event_id=97802&tv_id=382&tid=29263&channel=0&tmpl=component&layout=popup&Itemid=327

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
DF. Oh Sam :tape:.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Would love to be seeing this live. Such an intimate atmosphere.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
DF in the first game, otherwise her serve is looking good.

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM
Would love to be seeing this live. Such an intimate atmosphere.

Yeah a lot of people love this court apparently

Towanda
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:26 PM

NBC is broadcasting from 1-4 eastern time, but right now they are showing Tsonga-Wawrinka. Hopefully this one will be over soon enough that they show some os Sam-Stephens. You would think that just the fact that an American girl is playing would make them want to show it.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Sloane's got great placement on her second serve.

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
1-1

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
Uh oh.

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Stosur looks a little unsettled

SilverPersian
2-1

Not liking that the DFs are creeping back into her play. Hopefully they're just an anomaly that will disappear one she settles down.

stromatolite
She needs to cut out these DFs so she can really dominate on serve. Then she can start to put some real pressure on Sloane's serve.

jensou
NBC is broadcasting from 1-4 eastern time, but right now they are showing Tsonga-Wawrinka. Hopefully this one will be over soon enough that they show some os Sam-Stephens. You would think that just the fact that an American girl is playing would make them want to show it.

Thanks! Watching the LSHunter one at the moment, but might check that one out.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
15-0*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
15-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM
15-30*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
15-40*

jimmy_the_greek
2-2

sunsets21
Not bad at all, is she?

Towanda
Thanks! Watching the LSHunter one at the moment, but might check that one out.

NBC just switched to Sam - Stephens

jimmy_the_greek
15-00

stromatolite
Sloane's playing really well. Sam needs to stamp her authority a bit more on the match

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM
Sam's not reading Sloane's serve atm

jimmy_the_greek
15-15.

jimmy_the_greek
30-15.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
40-15

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
3-2

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Sam varying the pace a bit. Good idea!

stromatolite
Better hold that time.

SilverPersian
Come on Sam. Break now!

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Alright, let's step it up Sambo :cheer:

Ado.
Can't believe Aussie tv still showing Tsonga match

jimmy_the_greek
0-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
15-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
15-30*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
15-40*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
3-3

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Sloane holding serve too easily so far.

jimmy_the_greek
15-00.

jimmy_the_greek
30-00.

sunsets21
That's a better shot from Sam.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
30-15

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
40-15

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Are other peoples' streams lagging?

jimmy_the_greek
40-30

jimmy_the_greek
Deuce

jensou
NBC just switched to Sam - Stephens

Excellent. Way better than the lshunter one. Thanks again :)

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Adv Sloane

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Jesus, DF for the first BP :(. Come on Sammy!

SilverPersian
Sam :sad:

Something tells me she's heard about Vika.

jimmy_the_greek
3-4:(

Ado.
Yep my stream lagging too

Towanda
shit, Sam just broken

sunsets21
This...really wasn't in the script. What on earth?

stromatolite
Sam surrenders her serve lamely. Not good :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Oh dear. :hug:

Ado.
She is playing poorly. Too many shanks

sunsets21
One match at a time, Sam...

stromatolite
Sloane is handling Sam'' s pace and power better than I think Sam expected, and it's making her jittery. She seems to be trying to figure out how to play her. Hope she gets it sorted soon :(

aussie_fan
Are other peoples' streams lagging?

Yep, pretty unwatchable at the moment.

jimmy_the_greek
0-15*

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
15-15*

sunsets21
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Better rally from Sam.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
15-30*

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
Sammy you need to do more with it than that:(

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
15-40*

jimmy_the_greek
30-40*

stromatolite
Sammy's playing her own version of moonballing atm. Not her game :(

SilverPersian
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
To me, this match has a real "Sam in Australia" feel about it. This is not a good thing.

jimmy_the_greek
3-5

sunsets21
Goddammit! C'mon Sam!

Fuck, this is worrying now.

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
15-00

stromatolite
Sammy needs to just let rip. This so-called tactical play is just not cutting it.

SilverPersian
Well this is looking really bad :sad:

Come on Sammy. Keep your chin up and fight :cheer:

jimmy_the_greek
30-00

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
40-00

sunsets21
Better! Liking this game so far.

jimmy_the_greek
40-15

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Is it just me or is Sam only serving at about 3/4 of her usual pace?

jimmy_the_greek
4-5

jimmy_the_greek
Break Her Now Sam!

SilverPersian
5-4

Sloane to serve for the set :unsure:

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
0-15*

Ado.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
She needs to fire up. She looks flat

jimmy_the_greek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
15-15*

stromatolite
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
Sam's trying to get her FH going.

Huntress55
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
She looks like she's just going through the motions. Needs to fire up... well as much as Sam does.

jimmy_the_greek
30-15*

stromatolite
15-30

jimmy_the_greek
40-15*

jimmy_the_greek
2 Break Points:)