PDA

View Full Version : It's that time of the year again! That's right...it's Clay Time!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Omg!

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Gutsy dropshot at SP :worship:

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Finish that game now, it's crazy

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Finish that game now, it's crazy

This +1 million

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
SSSSSSSAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sam not finding any real rhythm.

SilverPersian
Set point again :(:(:(

stromatolite
She's allowing Venus to intimidate her a bit :(

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
It had to be in that set.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Oh no, not a DF :facepalm:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM

6-4 :sad:

Oh Sam. Nothing's working for her at the moment. The wind and the dust are really frustrating her, first serve is gone, BH is very very inconsistent, and forehand is just okay.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Sammy is still in the match if she believes in herself. She looked panicky for most of that set.

Chim
May 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sammy is still in the match if she believes in herself. She looked panicky for most of that set.

Sam just needs to stay calmed. I don't think Venus is playing any better than her.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM

The real danger is that Vee takes confidence from the first set and starts to steamroll.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
0-30

...strange match :<

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Three DFs :eek:

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
3 BP. Please take one. She won't get lucky all match long. B.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Venus gifts Sam the early break 1-0

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Ok. Now she really has to serve and play well. She is on the right track. B.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
The real danger is that Vee takes confidence from the first set and starts to steamroll.

This is not so much of a danger then :lol:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I don't think Venus wants to be out there for three sets tbh

sunsets21
May 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
How's Sam doing? I can't watch the match so there's only the SB to torture myself with :(

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
How's Sam doing? I can't watch the match so there's only the SB to torture myself with :(

Let's just say that it's probably better you can't watch :lol:

Although she's 2-0 up in the second :cheer:

bertisonline
Some gifts and some luck. That's good. She holds, it's OK. B.

stromatolite
woohoo! Finally Sam converts a break! 2-0.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM
2-1

sunsets21
May 17th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Let's just say that it's probably better you can't watch :lol:

Although she's 2-0 up in the second :cheer:

Cool. Well, not cool but you know what I mean :lol:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
0-30 ..Sammy :hug:

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Wild Sam is back :facepalm:. 0-30

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
30-30

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
40-30

SilverPersian
Good play to hold 3-1 :cheer:

bertisonline
Great!!! At last! B. 3-1

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Lovely BHDTL! Good hold in the end :)

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
GOAT serving from Venus atm. How on earth did she serve 3 DFs in the first game?

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Another ace barrage. Why do so many players find their best serve when playing Sam :(

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM
0-15 Df :(

stromatolite
Sam really has to hang on to her serve at all costs. I can't see her breaking Venus again in this set.

stromatolite
Not the start she needed :sobbing:

SilverPersian
...0-30 :(:(

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
0-30 again :bigcry:

SilverPersian
Thanks Venus :sobbing:

15-30

This match is an absolute mess!

stromatolite
OMG what a gift from Venus!

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
2BPs :(:(:(

SilverPersian
40-30

stromatolite
2 BPs :sobbing:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM
3-3

Sigh :sad:

Siderophyre
May 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
This match is painful.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I fear the worst now

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
4-3 :bigcry:

stromatolite
Venus looks so much more in control in this match. Sam is as jittery as a junebug.

Chim
Not looking good....

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Goes without saying this is a must hold game

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
The only hope I can see for Sam is if she can stick with Venus long enough for her to get tired.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:23 PM
30-30...

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
30-40 :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM
30-40, virtual MP :sobbing:

SilverPersian
5-3 :bigcry:

stromatolite
5-3, that's it then.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:26 PM
0-15

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:27 PM
0-30

sunsets21
Shit. SAMMMMMMMMM! :sad:

Chim
Come on Sammy...

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
0-30, is this a lifeline :unsure:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
30-30 :bigcry:

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
That's just too good. 30-30

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
40-30 :sobbing:

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:31 PM
MP :sobbing:

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:32 PM
64 63

This sucks.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Too good. What can you say, better player won.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Venus did everything miles better than Sam today, in fact this scoreline flattered Sam.

sunsets21
May 17th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Fuck. Well, that's that then. On to the French.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe a good wake-up call for Sam ahead of the French. Still some things she needs to work on.

SilverPersian
May 17th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I just think she was really uncomfortable with the wind and the dust, and didn't adjust well at all. The conditions at RG tend to be better than they were today (I think), so hopefully she won't have to deal with anything so bad there.

But yeah. It wasn't a performance that inspired me with confidence. Her first serve percentage seemed to be terrible.

Sammy :hug: Rest up, hit a few balls with Dave, and watch the DVDs of your USO wins.

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Those are not really normal conditions. Of course the conditions were the same for both of them. But I have not seen such a disturbance for a long time, and that match game does reflect Sam's game reality today. The score does reflect who was was able to handle as best as possible the wind. So I'm not really worried or disappointed for the FO.
B.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
The conditions were horrible, but they were horrible for both players. I really think Sam panicked today when she saw how well Venus was handling the conditions, and I think she felt like she had to come up with something really special on every point. I am surprised that she allowed herself to get so rattled, because she has been so solid lately.

Of course it doesn't mean she has no chance at the French, but it does take away a bit of momentum she had going.

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
The conditions were horrible, but they were horrible for both players. I really think Sam panicked today when she saw how well Venus was handling the conditions, and I think she felt like she had to come up with something really special on every point. I am surprised that she allowed herself to get so rattled, because she has been so solid lately.

Of course it doesn't mean she has no chance at the French, but it does take away a bit of momentum she had going.

That's true. B.

GeeTee
May 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
It was a horrible match in horrible conditions. And it was a horrible result for Sam lol

I really thought she could grind it to a third set where she would have better fitness, but she just lost the plot after 2-0 in the second.

Towanda
May 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I just think she was really uncomfortable with the wind and the dust, and didn't adjust well at all. The conditions at RG tend to be better than they were today (I think), so hopefully she won't have to deal with anything so bad there.

But yeah. It wasn't a performance that inspired me with confidence. Her first serve percentage seemed to be terrible.

Sammy :hug: Rest up, hit a few balls with Dave, and watch the DVDs of your USO wins .

That's what I do when she loses a match that I thought she should win. I have it stored on my recorder, I have two copies on DVD, and I have it on my laptop, cell phone, and tablet just to make sure that wherever I am, I can make myself feel more positive after a Sammy loss.

I'm not too worried about RG. Sam has shown in the past that she can play abysmally and then dominate someone that most would expect that she'd lose to. We all know our girl is not the most consistent player.

stromatolite
May 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
That's what I do when she loses a match that I thought she should win. I have it stored on my recorder, I have two copies on DVD, and I have it on my laptop, cell phone, and tablet just to make sure that wherever I am, I can make myself feel more positive after a Sammy loss.

I'm not too worried about RG. Sam has shown in the past that she can play abysmally and then dominate someone that most would expect that she'd lose to. We all know our girl is not the most consistent player.

Yeah, you'd think we'd be used to it by now wouldn't you? :lol:

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Nice to see I'm not the only one to have several copies of great moments and use them as a back up mode as... today. :lol:

Returning from the abyss: absolutely. Consistent in her inconsistency: definitely, it's her.
Going to the finale of RG: she has done it, Winning a GS: she has done it. :worship:

B.

Siderophyre
May 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Well she's going into RG with exactly 2 matches on red clay (at the right altitude...), both of which were less than spectacular. Today's in particular was absolutely appalling. I certainly am worried for RG. :help: Her serve has done nothing much here in Rome, the forehand wasn't working too well, and today the backhand was fucking shocking. So basically she's going into RG with bugger all form on this surface.

Maybe a Brussels wildcard? :scratch:

Edit: And yes, I have the stash of happy moments vids too...

bertisonline
May 17th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Well she's going into RG with exactly 2 matches on red clay (at the right altitude...), both of which were less than spectacular. Today's in particular was absolutely appalling. I certainly am worried for RG. :help: Her serve has done nothing much here in Rome, the forehand wasn't working too well, and today the backhand was fucking shocking. So basically she's going into RG with bugger all form on this surface.

From what we all have seen, it's natural to be a little bit worried today (I am). But those two matches were played in such windy conditions that we should not conclude that her game was in a standard state.
Previously, the blue clay experiment was also, for other reasons, totally disturbing for her game. The only "normal" red clay reference is therefore the Fed Cup+Stuttgart week: which proved to be prolific.
In general, at RG, the problem is not the wind, but the rain. And when it does rain, they simply stop the game. I'm not trying to hide what happened today. Sam surely needs to practice hard next week to mentally and physically feel good again. :devil:
B.

Daniel.
May 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I'm not too upset with this loss, we want her to peak at Roland Garros and not before. I was worried she would win one of the lead-up tournaments then put in a crappy result at RG.
She now has time to get to Paris and train. Hopefully she has a good draw and gets better every match peaking at the SF, F.

SilverPersian
May 18th, 2012, 04:00 AM

I think I'm going to watch it again tonight, in the time I had set aside for watching Sam knock Masha out in the quarters at Rome :bigcry:

This clay court season has been really frustrating. Like Siderophyre said, it's RG already and Sam still hasn't had a good crack on an outdoor red clay court. Maybe next year she should think about playing one of the red clay MMs (Barcelone or Estoril), to make sure she gets a few more red clay matches in. Or even Brussels...

I'm sure DT and Sam will sit down and they'll have a chat and be calm and ready for RG. She's been pretty unlucky for the last few weeks, but has generally been playing very well, so there's no need to get too worried. I just *really* hope things go right for her in Paris.

stromatolite
May 18th, 2012, 06:52 AM

The loss to Venus was disappointing, but I think you're overreacting a tad. She handled the wind and her opponent poorly, but for the rest of the clay season she played better tennis on clay than she ever has before IMO. It's true that she would have liked some more matches in Rome, but in terms of surface, the conditions in Stuttgart resemble Paris more than those in Rome do, and she played great in Stuttgart.

My biggest concern is whether she will be thrown off her game badly if it gets windy at RG. From memory her match against Dulko was played in cold windy condutions last year, but I don't think it was necessarily the wind that did her in that day. She always plays well in Eastbourne, and it's always windy as fuck there, so it's not as if she can't handle windy conditions per se. I think she still struggles handling multiple challenges, and yesterday she had to deal with the wind AND and opponent who was applying a bit of pressure, and that didn't work well. So as long as she doesn't meet a tough opponent on a windy day she should be okay.

Chim
May 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
The loss to Venus was disappointing, but I think you're overreacting a tad. She handled the wind and her opponent poorly, but for the rest of the clay season she played better tennis on clay than she ever has before IMO. It's true that she would have liked some more matches in Rome, but in terms of surface, the conditions in Stuttgart resemble Paris more than those in Rome do, and she played great in Stuttgart.

My biggest concern is whether she will be thrown off her game badly if it gets windy at RG. From memory her match against Dulko was played in cold windy condutions last year, but I don't think it was necessarily the wind that did her in that day. She always plays well in Eastbourne, and it's always windy as fuck there, so it's not as if she can't handle windy conditions per se. I think she still struggles handling multiple challenges, and yesterday she had to deal with the wind AND and opponent who was applying a bit of pressure, and that didn't work well. So as long as she doesn't meet a tough opponent on a windy day she should be okay.

I only hope Sam will get a kind draw this year in French and doesn't have to deal with players like Petrova, Pennetta, Cirstea, McHale, V. Williams, Kirilenko, Hradecka.....in the early rounds. Am I asking too much?:lol:

Siderophyre
May 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM
From what we all have seen, it's natural to be a little bit worried today (I am). But those two matches were played in such windy conditions that we should not conclude that her game was in a standard state.
Previously, the blue clay experiment was also, for other reasons, totally disturbing for her game. The only "normal" red clay reference is therefore the Fed Cup+Stuttgart week: which proved to be prolific.
In general, at RG, the problem is not the wind, but the rain. And when it does rain, they simply stop the game. I'm not trying to hide what happened today. Sam surely needs to practice hard next week to mentally and physically feel good again. :devil:
B.

Thanks for the pep talk guys! Still not sure though. :unsure:

However, I'll be at RG for a couple of days and will hopefully get to see her win some matches. ;)

SilverPersian
May 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
However, I'll be at RG for a couple of days and will hopefully get to see her win some matches. ;)

Dead with jealousy.

I'm hoping to do some study in the UK next year, so hopefully I'll be able to go to RG then :inlove:

Siderophyre
May 20th, 2012, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=SilverPersian;21450216Dead with jealousy.

I'm hoping to do some study in the UK next year, so hopefully I'll be able to go to RG then :inlove:[/QUOTE]

All part of my financially insane plan to go to all the GS this year. Melbourne was the hardest given my location, but since I did that surely the others should be easy? :unsure:

Mind you, the gods smiled upon me when I got tickets in the Wimbledon ballot this year. First bloody time THAT ever happened.

SilverPersian
May 24th, 2012, 02:42 PM
All part of my financially insane plan to go to all the GS this year. Melbourne was the hardest given my location, but since I did that surely the others should be easy? :unsure:

Mind you, the gods smiled upon me when I got tickets in the Wimbledon ballot this year. First bloody time THAT ever happened.

Sounds great - Sam could have done a bit more to justify your ticket to Australia though :sad:

French Open draw released on Friday - please no bullshit draw WTA gods :bigcry:

stromatolite
May 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Sounds great - Sam could have done a bit more to justify your ticket to Australia though :sad:

French Open draw released on Friday - please no bullshit draw WTA gods :bigcry:

The only things I am seriously worried about are Serena, the weather, and Sam's brain. In bright, calm, sunny conditions, Sam is good enough to beat anyone except Serena if she plays to her potential. I think she has a chance against Serena as well, but Serena would clearly be the favorite. Stuttgart-Masha could give her problems as well, but actually since Stuttgart I don't think she has played particularly well. She has gone back to her old thing of winning through sheer force of will rather than by playing well.

Ado.
May 25th, 2012, 07:19 AM
The only things I am seriously worried about are Serena, the weather, and Sam's brain. In bright, calm, sunny conditions, Sam is good enough to beat anyone except Serena if she plays to her potential. I think she has a chance against Serena as well, but Serena would clearly be the favorite. Stuttgart-Masha could give her problems as well, but actually since Stuttgart I don't think she has played particularly well. She has gone back to her old thing of winning through sheer force of will rather than by playing well.

I agree. The perfect draw would include Masha, Aga, Vera, Vinci, Peng. :bounce: Of course that means Sammy will end up with Vika, Petra, Serena, Kirilenko, Petrova, Venus :help:

sunsets21
May 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Draw time! C'mon tennis gods, be nice.

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
The only things I am seriously worried about are Serena, the weather, and Sam's brain. :haha:

I'm just glad she's once more the underdog. Everyone is tipping Serena and Claypova. Plus, first round loss in previous GS. Brings back gooooooooooooood memories. No jinx. ;)

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Stosur-Baltacha R1

SilverPersian
May 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Stosur-Baltacha R1

Good first round matchup. Elena hasn't won many matches this year; and Sam has beaten her twice...on grass!

Serena and Masha in the same quarter. So Sam will only have to deal with one of them at most.

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Good first round for Sam, but unless I'm mistaken she's in Vika's quarter.

SilverPersian
May 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Good first round for Sam, but unless I'm mistaken she's in Vika's quarter.

Yes. :sobbing:

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Serena, Sharapova and Kvitova all in the other half I think

sunsets21
May 25th, 2012, 10:59 AM
In Vika's quarter. Brilliant.

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I think Sam has got a decent chance against Vika on clay, so this could be a lot worse.

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/521517_10150900616414920_1960806043_n.jpg

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Petrova! :eek:

sunsets21
May 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Petrova, Lisicki and Azarenka. Well, this should be interesting, at least.

sunsets21
May 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Wouldn't mind a re-run of last the last US Open match with Petrova, as long as it ends the same way ;)

SilverPersian
May 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I think there's a good chance Petrova won't get to the third round - Benesova and Scheepers have been playing pretty well. But yeah, dangerous third round again.

I hope Cibulkova or Zheng Jie can take out Vika :drool:

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Serena, Sharapova and Kvitova all in the other half I think

If she gets past Petrova and Vika, possibly Marion, Aga, Errani or Kerber in SF.

SilverPersian
May 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
(Aside: Ash Barty got Kvitova. Should be interesting :lol:)

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Shit, Nadia is dangerous, depending on whether she takes her brain with her on court or not. But Sam should be able to beat her I think. She's the only serious obstacle I can see before the QF (no offense Sabine, but grass is your thing I think).

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
If she gets past Petrova and Vika, possibly Marion, Aga, Errani or Kerber in SF.

I'm too superstitious to look that far ahead :lol:

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
(Aside: Ash Barty got Kvitova. Should be interesting :lol:)

Well with Kvitty's brain on extended leave, maybe Ash will have a chance :lol:

Mojobackhand
May 25th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I'm too superstitious to look that far ahead :lol:

Ha! True.

Ado.
May 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Interesting draw. Not sure what I feel about having Petrova & Vika in her quarter but the rest are very winnable matches. The second quarter is soft. Venus v Aga second round so Aga will go early. I think Sam has a good chance of at least the Quarters.

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Interesting draw. Not sure what I feel about having Petrova & Vika in her quarter but the rest are very winnable matches. The second quarter is soft. Venus v Aga second round so Aga will go early. I think Sam has a good chance of at least the Quarters.

I'm not so sure about this. Aga will play Venus smarter than Sam did in Rome, so I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Venus will win. Other than that it's a pretty soft quarter as you said.

Huntress55
May 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Its not a horrible draw. There are some potential tough matches in there but if Sam is in form I think she can do well. Meh one match at a time.

But poor Ash getting Petra first round :(

AaronT
May 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Tough draw again :no:, Petrova is not in good form but always dangerous, Azarenka is a nightmare match up for her, hope Cibulkova will does Sam a favour. I'm not looking too far ahead but if she can gets through this quarter she has a great chance to make the final. Anw all the bests to her, hope she play well and always stay tough.

tennisforadults
May 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Good luck Sam! Petrova will be a good test. Who knows what will happen after a few good victories. 1st 3 rounds are absolutely key.

stromatolite
May 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Tough draw again :no:, Petrova is not in good form but always dangerous, Azarenka is a nightmare match up for her, hope Cibulkova will does Sam a favour. I'm not looking too far ahead but if she can gets through this quarter she has a great chance to make the final. Anw all the bests to her, hope she play well and always stay tough.

On clay not so much I feel. Not an easy match up by any means, but if they both bring their best clay games I'd back Sam to win. Serena or Masha in the quarters would have been much tougher.

Chim
May 25th, 2012, 07:37 PM

I hate to see Sam always has to facs Petrova in early rounds!!! :help: But overall her draw is not that bad.

Grigorpova
May 26th, 2012, 04:19 AM
My powers will help Sam en route to the title.

Mojobackhand
May 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Sam will play dubs with Julia Görges!

@JuliaGoergesFan
Some news of Julia: She will be playing doubles with Sam Stosur again! Great team! Looking forward to @rolandgarros

SilverPersian
May 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Good to hear Sam will be playing doubles. I wonder if she decided to pair with Goerges so she'd have lots of opportunities to hit with a tall, flat, big hitter.

I'm a bit surprised she's not playing with Casey though. I wonder if their pairing is still going.

AaronT
May 26th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Sam 'll be first on Court Philippe Chatrie tomorrow!

stromatolite
May 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Sam 'll be first on Court Philippe Chatrie tomorrow!

Thank god for that, I was starting to get a bit antsy:lol:

She should be far too good for Bally, but I'm still nervous about the match :unsure:

Ado.
May 26th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Thank god for that, I was starting to get a bit antsy:lol:

She should be far too good for Bally, but I'm still nervous about the match :unsure:

I seem to be worried before all of Sam's matches. :confused:My head tells me that the first two rounds should be routine though.

aussie_fan
May 27th, 2012, 02:47 AM
It's normal to be nervous before any Stosur match, that's part of being a Stosur fan :lol:

Looking forward to tonight, go Sam!

Huntress55
May 27th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Im going to miss it! :( I have faith she'll get the job done though.

AaronT
May 27th, 2012, 10:01 AM
weather looking great at RG, hope it helps her kickers

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, this is the weather Sam wants. Hope it holds up.

AaronT
May 27th, 2012, 10:05 AM
"Baltacha is the favorite to lose" LOL

bertisonline
May 27th, 2012, 10:11 AM
She won the toss: as usual :)
I follow the match here:
http://www.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshtennis2.html
B.

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:15 AM
15-00

jimmy_the_greek
15-15.

jimmy_the_greek
30-15.

jimmy_the_greek
40-15.

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
1-0

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Bally playing all-or-nothing tennis, which of course is what she has do. Sam playing a little within herself atm.

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:17 AM
0-15*

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM
:drool:

Nice returning Sammy!

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Wow, nothing within-herself about that FH :worship:. First BPs

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
2-0. Go Sammy!

jimmy_the_greek
15-15*

SilverPersian
According to Greg Rusedski, RG is playing faster than Wimbledon this year :unsure:

2-0 Sam

jimmy_the_greek
30-15*

jimmy_the_greek
40-15*

jimmy_the_greek
2-0

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:22 AM
15-00.

jimmy_the_greek
15-15.

SilverPersian
Bp :(

stromatolite
Shit, cut out the erros please Sam. BP :(

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Saved like a Boss :hearts:

jimmy_the_greek
15-30

jimmy_the_greek
30-30

jimmy_the_greek
30-40

SilverPersian
3-0 :d

bertisonline
May 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
She is playing really well. Peaking time? :) B.

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM
3-0, nicely doe Sammy! Some great serving to get herself out of a slightly sticky situation :worship:

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
3-0

Ado.
May 27th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Nice start. A bit concerned she grabbed at her left shin/ankle during that last game

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
0-15*

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I have a lot of time for Bally, I think she's a great girl, but she's out of her league here unless Sam suffers a spectacular meltdown.

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
15-15*

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
30-15*

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
30-30*

SilverPersian
Court looks like it's going to work well for Sammy this tournament :D

Huntress55
I was meant to go out tonight but cancelled my plans to watch this. So a nice win would be good :p. Good start :)

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
3-1

SilverPersian
3-1

jimmy_the_greek
30-40*

jimmy_the_greek
deuce

jimmy_the_greek
3-1

Dazza01
May 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I was meant to go out tonight but cancelled my plans to watch this. So a nice win would be good :p. Good start :)

That's dedication!

I have cancelled University study; who needs an education when you have Sammy?! ;)

Good to see she's playing well, because Baltacha isn't playing too badly either. :)

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
15-00

Ado.
Great serving 4-1

stromatolite
Gat hold Sammy! Serve is working like a charm :drool:

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
30-00

jimmy_the_greek
4-1

stromatolite
That's dedication!

I have cancelled University study; who needs an education when you have Sammy?! ;)

Good to see she's playing well, because Baltacha isn't playing too badly either. :)

Who needs a life you mean? :lol:

Huntress55
That's dedication!

I couldnt bring myself to miss the match. Reminds me how obsessed I am with tennis :lol:

Shes looking really good so far :)

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
FH looking really good - safe and consistent but aggressive :drool:

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM
0-15*

Dazza01
Who needs a life you mean? :lol:

...what is this life that you speak of? :lol:

Just need to reign in a few loose points here and there; could easily have been 15-40 right now.

30-30.

jimmy_the_greek
15-15*

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
15-30*

jimmy_the_greek
30-30*

stromatolite
4-2

jimmy_the_greek
30-40*

jimmy_the_greek
4-2

SilverPersian
4-2

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM
0-15

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Woah :inlove:

AaronT
That's dedication!

I used to skipped class to watch her matches at the US Open for the last 2 years :)

jimmy_the_greek
15-15.

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
...what is this life that you speak of? :lol:

Just need to reign in a few loose points here and there; could easily have been 15-40 right now.30-30.

yeah, she's had half-chances in both the last 2 return games. Still, overall she loks pretty good.

And oh yeah, life is this thing that is supposed to take place outside the matrix of livescores and match-streams. I don't believe in it myself, but som people swear that it's really out there ;)

jimmy_the_greek
30-15

SilverPersian
5-2

jimmy_the_greek
40-15.

jimmy_the_greek
5-2:)

Territory
May 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Do we really need point-by-point scores? We all have eyes and can follow the score for ourselves :shrug:

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
15-0*

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
5-3

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
5-3

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:43 AM
5-3. I think it's good for Sam that Bally's making a bit of a match of it. As long as it doesn't get too close;)

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
15-30

Two great returns from Bally :bigcry:

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Make that three great returns :(:(:(

15-40

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Shit, what did I just say? 15-40:(

SilverPersian

(that didn't happen...right?)

stromatolite
DF, oh Sammy :facepalm:

jimmy_the_greek
15-40

bertisonline
Hmm. Not the best time for a DF, I guess…
B.

Huntress55
Oh Sam... she just wants to break for the set so she can serve first.

jimmy_the_greek
5-4

AaronT
May 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
broken at not a very right time:(

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Not too worried, this is all or nothing stuff from Bally, she can't keep hitting returns like she did in that game.

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Shit, Sam had a couple of chances to win that point :(

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Better Sammy! 15-30

jimmy_the_greek
15-15.

SilverPersian
Two more points Sammy!!

jimmy_the_greek
15-30:)

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
SP. Come on Sam!

SilverPersian
SP

Take it Sam. TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT

bertisonline
SP#1 now!

jimmy_the_greek
30-30

jimmy_the_greek
30-40:)

Huntress55
Yay :) and now she is serving first :)

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Okay Sammy!!! 6-4. Now put your foot down, please?

jimmy_the_greek
6-4:)

SilverPersian
Woohooo 6-4

Sammy dealt with that late-set resurgence from Bally pretty well. Didn't panic, just kept playing her game, being aggressive and making good decisions. Good to see.

stromatolite
Yay :) and now she is serving first :)

That was her plan ;):devil:

AaronT
May 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
well done! I think that is her plan to break for the set and then serve first in the second set :)

bertisonline
May 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
The set should have been a little bit shorter, but winning immediately the first SP is good.
B.

Ado.
May 27th, 2012, 10:53 AM
We all know what happens when Sammy wins the first set in a grand slam! Let's hope that record continues.

bertisonline
It's time to accelerate now Sam! B.

stromatolite
I take my hat off to Bally, she's not intimidatd by the situation. But she is taking huge risks, and all in all Sam is in control I'd say.

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
40-30

jimmy_the_greek
May 27th, 2012, 10:56 AM
1-0

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:56 AM
12-8 from Sam in the first set, good job.

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 10:59 AM
:drool:

bertisonline
BP now. Time to do that. B.

stromatolite
Great returning from Sam! From 30-0 to 30-40. Come on Sam!

SilverPersian
2-0 :cheer:

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Yes!!!! 2-0, now serve it out Sammy, no more blips please?

bertisonline
May 27th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Excellent wining that BP point that way: she was training those and was excellent: so good to see that live now.B.

SilverPersian
May 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
BHDTL :hearts:

AaronT
lovely backhand

stromatolite
Nice Sammy!!! 3-0

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Excellent wining that BP point that way: she was training those and was excellent: so good to see that live now.B.

Great that you saw that! Look forward to more of your reports on Sam on the training courts :worship:

stromatolite
May 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Looks like Bally has run out of steam, and Sam is striking the ball beautifully :drool:

Ado.
May 27th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Great backhand return