PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus movie

Halardfan
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Really excited by this film. To have Ridley Scott revisiting the Alien Universe is amazing, the various trailers all looking great, The cast is high class, and the viral campaigns surrounding the movie are neat and impressive.

Anyone here eagerly awaiting this film?

The Alien series had rather lost its way, reaching the bottom with the rubbish AVP 2...

Hopes are high that this addition to the Universe can equal both Scott's original Alien and Cameron's similarly impressive Aliens.

Alien 3 for me, though it had interesting aspects, casts asides two much loved characters in the opening scenes, and I never really forgave it for that. In renders the happy ending to Aliens meaningless.

The fourth Alien movie again had some good ideas, but again disappointed compared to the first two.

Then we get to the AVP films. Whilst I didn't think the first one was as bad as some said, it was by the numbers stuff, and the second as I said, stank.

Beat
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:18 AM
i'll surely go and see it, too. the cast is rather impressive. on the other hand, ridley scott has made so many average to bad films in recent years, that a win is certainly not guaranteed. we'll see.

"alien" and "aliens" are simply sic-fi classics. i also liked 1997's "alien: resurrection". only "alien³" by that overrated dork david fincher should be erased from cinematic history.

Halardfan
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:39 AM
i'll surely go and see it, too. the cast is rather impressive. on the other hand, ridley scott has made so many average to bad films in recent years, that a win is certainly not guaranteed. we'll see.

"alien" and "aliens" are simply sic-fi classics. i also liked 1997's "alien: resurrection". only "alien³" by that overrated dork david fincher should be erased from cinematic history.

I read somewhere that Fincher hates Alien 3? Certainly it was troubled...

I do think there are some good ideas in the film...nothing was gonna top the action of the second film, so having it on a planet without weapons and only one Alien was a nice direction to go in.

But the idea of having everyones heads shaved, and identically dressed made it incredibly hard to identify the Prisoners as individuals, especially when running at speed down corridors...this made them more Alien fodder, rather than the living breathing characters of the first two films, who you grew to care about.

As I say though, it's great fault is doing away with two well-liked characters in the opening of the movie. Characters we'd invested a lot in during Aliens.

That led to resentment among many fans, and it was an uphill battle from there...

About Scott, Alien is so perfect a film that I'm willing to overlook his recent shaky form. Certainly when talking about Prometeus he shows an excitement he hasn't done for a long time.

WowWow
Mar 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Anyone here eagerly awaiting this film?

I am :cheer:

I'm even eagerly waiting for every new trailer to come out, let alone the film itself :lol:

It really looks great and the music sounds phenomenal.
The cast is pretty good too, except for Fassbender (I don't like him) but wahtever.

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Charlize Theron and Noomi Rapace are gonna rock in it :yeah:

ptkten
Mar 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM

A lot of Alien 3's problems come from the script, not Fincher's direction. Plus, Fincher basically hates that movie and complains to this day how the studio wouldn't let him do anything he wanted with the movie. Although, this is coming from someone who thinks he's one of the best directors working today. In my opinion, The Social Network was a masterpiece, elevating what could have been a generic courtroom drama into a shakespearean tragedy.

Prometheus looks great though, the trailers are amazing and despite Scott's recent missteps, at least he is back working in his best genre. It's one of my most anticipated movies of the summer.

PatrickRyan
Mar 27th, 2012, 03:58 PM
The trailer looks really good! Very intense :eek:

Sammo
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:30 PM
The trailer looks really good! Very intense :eek:

I've just checked the long trailer, it looks amazing

HHcHYisZFLU

ServeCaspian
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Words cannot describe my excitement. Great cast, nice to see Fassbender getting bigger and bigger

Beat
Apr 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
loving this:

DOOJl5lWNfM

Mikey.
Apr 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Definitely looking forward to it. :D

eck
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Has anyone watched this?
I really want to talk to someone about this film and their opinion over so many unanswered questions :hysteric:

ServeCaspian
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Haven't seen it yet any my exam schedule is crammed :help:
Worse than it's ever been. But the minute I see it I'll be back :lol:

Lulu.
Jun 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to go see it.

M.P
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:14 PM
loving this:

DOOJl5lWNfM

geogerous robot :hysteric:

Nicolas
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Saw it, in 3D
What to say? some cringeworthy cruel scenes, some WTF moments, but overall a very good movie who will make you hold your breath....
Charlize Theron is stunning, Noomi Rapace cannot look any uglier, Fassbender is such a great actor...

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Can't wait to watch this flick! Although I probably won't have the time to see it till next week :p

kwilliams
Jun 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I saw it and I liked it. It's not exceptional by any means but it's a good watch. A few things bothered me about it but only one or two things really niggled at me. I think I'll definitely watch the sequel.

Beat
Jun 8th, 2012, 05:22 PM
i'm still going to see it, though i didn't. like the 2nd trailer i saw. rapace looks so strange - has she done anything with her face? :unsure:

Cam.
Jun 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I saw this on tuesday, it was quite good. The main plus points of it was Michael Fassbender's performance as 'David', he was brilliant. It was a bit slow at times though, and some of the sequences (I won't go into detail because of spoilers) were a bit pointless and didn't really add ANYTHING to the film.

WowWow
Jun 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
i'm still going to see it, though i didn't. like the 2nd trailer i saw. rapace looks so strange - has she done anything with her face? :unsure:

I've noticed that, too.

Can't wait to see the film.

Sammo
Jun 8th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I thought Noomi was gorgeous with her normal looks, kind of reminded me of Famke Janssen. I don't think she's done anything with her face, it's probably the haircolor and the make-up... I guess :unsure: I mean, she's supposed to look like a scientist with a little weirdo touch.

Melange
Jun 9th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Its not really meant to be a prequel to the first movie, it deals with much broader themes about the development of civilisation

Vartan
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:45 AM
What is it about? While at the movies, I thought with this trailer, the movie would follow the suit of John Carter.

eck
Jun 9th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Supposedly, it's the prequel to the Alien franchise. And in some ways, it is.

frenchie
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I loved it but so many questions left with no answer

What is the black liquid?
Why the humanoid commited suicide in the first scene?
Why do they want to destroy Hearth?
Why...Why...Why?????

I hope there's a Prometheus 2

Sammo
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM

Why...Why...Why?????

Hmmm hello? Spoiler alert? :rolleyes:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Terrible film. Only Michael Fassbender was good (excellent). Every other character were so terribly conventional. I saw no point in bringing in Charlize, she added zero to the film. Could have been any mid 30 blonde woman imo.

As for the film itself, it started off ok but just became progressively worse. Then ending was so cheap and almost seemed rushed. There was absolutely no explanation to what happened at the end. Decisions made by characters were laughable and the twist before the finale wasn't even exciting.

By the end of the film I actually thought I was watching some sketch show comedy when two of the characters we talking over the walkie talkie.

Seriously disappointed in the film. Shouldn't even have been associated with Alien as it will tarnish the brilliant legacy it built. Oh and the major connection with Alien at the end of the film :yawn:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Oh and can anyone tell me what 3D effects the film had? I watched in 3D, took of my glasses to make sure it was the 3D version (it was as the screen was blurred) but I actually saw hardly any 3D effects.

The film looked really good though. Save your money and watch the 2D version if you wanna see this LAZY film.

LeRoy.
Jun 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Over-rated. I was bored. :facepalm:

Morning Morgan
Jun 11th, 2012, 10:01 AM
It was alright, above average. Sufficiently intrigued to make me wanna watch the sequel when it comes out.

ALIEN
Jun 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Saw the movie , I think it was great.

Why...Why...Why?????

I'll try to answer the questions from what I understood from the movie: The black liquid and all those other artifacts in the ship are bio weapons developed by the Engineers to destroy life on planets like Earth. Why? Maybe they didn't like how Earth turned out.
I think the humanoid in the first scene committed suicide in order for life on Earth to begin. His DNA mixed with water when he "melted".

Julian.
Jun 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Saw it. I love the sex scene between the two doctors. The male doctor is hawt :drool:

and David is such a gorgeous robot :lol: