PDA

View Full Version : MIAMI R4: Wozniacki def. Wickmayer 7-6 (8-6) 6-0

dsanders06
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:12 PM
First Wozniacki match I've predicted incorrectly since Sydney. Sob.

Double A
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Won 25/32 points in the 2nd. :D

Now, I don't expect her to win against Serena, but atleast put up a better fight than before.

sweetadri06
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
NID. Good job I guess Caro.

Lulu.
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Yanina. :o
Good tournament though.

Curcubeu
It took 10 minutes after the match finished until someone opened a result thread. Times changed.

The result was never in doubt, now I#m excited for the match against Serena.

GoLdEnSeToV
Horrible.

mauresmofan
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Got To Hand It To Her She Never Quits And Fights Til The End.

Adrian.
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Now Serena please "kill" her please :hysteric:

dsanders06
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
It took 10 minutes after the match finished until someone opened a result thread. Times changed.

The Woztards have finally got their wish... now that she's faded into irrelevance, people have stopped talking shit about her. I wonder if they and Wozniacki herself think it's worth it.

Tenis Srbija

Same thing like for the last match... :lol:

Sassy-Na
Caro :cheer:

goldenlox
Caro got a gift when Kim lost to Yanina.
Now she can kickstart her year by winning against Serena, which she's never done

Nicolás89
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Wickmayer got what she deserved for denying me a Kim-Caro match. The first set never happened.

Derek.
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Good win, Caroline. :D

Now don't get stomped by Serena. :o

goat
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
The Woztards have finally got their wish... now that she's faded into irrelevance, people have stopped talking shit about her. I wonder if they and Wozniacki herself think it's worth it.

you certainly do if you think it is worth your time commenting. ;)

Imperfect Angel
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Caro :cheer:
Whoopie :hug:

Double A
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:19 PM

:rolleyes:

Blu€
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM
5-0! :cheer::cheer: Glad she didn't choke that 1st set, though she tried hard.

Hopefully it's a fun match against Serena.

Bonfire
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Yay CARO!!!:cheer:
Good luck in the next round:eek:

edificio
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Well done, Wozzie. What happened to Yanina in the second set. Disappeared.

Viktymise
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:06 AM
I can't think of a more inevitable match-up on the tour.

n1ko0
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM
well done caro!

*JR*
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:30 AM
...What happened to Yanina in the second set. Disappeared.

That's just what I'd expect from Wild Wicky after losing a 10-8 TB. (Too temperamental, as in her "legendary" handshakes after losses). :help: Besides, with Vika's close call today, God wasn't gonna give Max another win by one of his headcase faves. :tape:

Patrick345
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:34 AM
How can you fight back from numerous setpoints at 5-6*, only to blow a 4-1 tiebreak lead and then just roll over like that? Wickmayer probably played the exact kind of match that made Wozniacki the #1 for the last two years. Overhititng flat low-percentage shots and once she lost the first set, she gave up. Like the image of the unbeatbale wall of Wozniacki hadn´t been crushed in the last 12 months. Even Ana has finally figured out the gameplan to beat Wozniacki. If Wickmayer ever wants to relevant as in top 10, she needs to play smarter, mentally stronger and with more heart than she showed in that 2nd set.

tennisphilia
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure if Wozniacki has a chance against Serena if Serena plays in same form as she did against Stosur. But, there have been stranger results in tennis. Hope there's a high quality match coming up.

Dortmund Klopp
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:38 AM
What happened to Nina she just fell away :confused:

CWTennis
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Well done Sunshine! :)

sammy01
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:53 AM
a win and loss for caro all in one. winning the match, but then having a player in the next round who she is so outmatched against even her most deluded fans give her no hope.

the sad thing is caro will probably settle for a qtr final and loss to serena and hope that she gets an easy draw next tournament, instead of thinking to be the best i have to beat the likes of serena.

Nicolás89
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:56 AM
a win and loss for caro all in one. winning the match, but then having a player in the next round who she is so outmatched against even her most deluded fans give her no hope.

the sad thing is caro will probably settle for a qtr final and loss to serena and hope that she gets an easy draw next tournament, instead of thinking to be the best i have to beat the likes of serena.

So you're not only inside of Caro's fans minds but also hers, you're scary...or dumb. :unsure:

sammy01
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:03 AM
So you're not only inside of Caro's fans minds but also hers, you're scary...or dumb. :unsure:

caro said in her recent interview about scheduling that she would prefer a more free schedule so she could avoid playing top players often. you don't have to be a mind reader to realise caro's mindset is to vulture and hope for easy draws than to try and pit herself against a serena and try and figure out a way to beat her. which also ties in with caro's complete unwillingness to change her game in any way.

but go on call me dumb

Nicolás89
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:11 AM
caro said in her recent interview about scheduling that she would prefer a more free schedule so she could avoid playing top players often. you don't have to be a mind reader to realise caro's mindset is to vulture and hope for easy draws than to try and pit herself against a serena and try and figure out a way to beat her. which also ties in with caro's complete unwillingness to change her game in any way.

but go on call me dumb

Lol Sure she wants to avoid top players when she's playing in Cophenagen or Bastaad or other SMALL tournaments where she just wants to put a show for her fans but can't because her schedule doesn't allow it, I highly doubt she would want to avoid to play against top players in Miami, Slams or the YEC because that isn't possible, seriously now.

Dan_Doe
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Serena will murder her.
Caro should have intentionally lost and avoid this. Sacrificing herself is not good. Not good at all :spit:

Let.them.talk
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Serena will murder her.
Caro should have intentionally lost and avoid this. Sacrificing herself is not good. Not good at all :spit:

:lol:!

Great for Caro :worship:

Marlene
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM

You're still around... :hatoff:

C. W. Fields
Mar 27th, 2012, 07:52 AM

It just shows that it was never really Caro's game all the bashers hated, it was the fact that she WON so many tournaments with her game. As soon as Caro stopped winning tournaments and lost her #1 ranking, 90% of the bitching stopped.

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Clijsters :oh:

Pushniacki > Bithcmayer > Clijsters :oh:

rucolo
Mar 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Caroline into Miami QF! :yeah:

Head To Head against Wickmayer now 5-0 :lol:

Akaniero
Mar 27th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Wickmayer was completely destroyed in the second set. Nice one, Caro. You gave her a good thrashing! :yeah:

Wickmayer is Wozniacki's toy :shrug:

cn ireland
Mar 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Caro:yeah: